View Full Version : Travel
About time we put out a thread about travelling. As someone that loves to travel around the world (insert jokes about my weather and climate) I am proud to start one.
Where do you want to travel?
Where have you been?
Have any hot suggestions?
Have any nice travel stories?
Anyway, I will write more when I come back ;) Will just go on a short 1 week trip to Goa, nicely * 10.
Dr Milano
21-11-2005, 13:46
About time we put out a thread about travelling. As someone that loves to travel around the world (insert jokes about my weather and climate) I am proud to start one.
Where do you want to travel?
Where have you been?
Have any hot suggestions?
Have any nice travel stories?
Anyway, I will write more when I come back ;) Will just go on a short 1 week trip to Goa, nicely * 10.
im going on holiday this weekend
Traveling is the thing I like most.
Since now I've visited:
England: London, Brighton, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Stratford upon Avon, Lincoln, Durham, Arundel
Scotland: Glasgow, Moffat, Edinburgh, Stirling, Fort William
Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, San Sebastian
Portugal: Lisbon, Sintra, Nazare', Cascais, Obidos, Batalha
Italy: Milano, Siena, Venezia, Firenze, Pisa, Verona, the Dolomiti region
Austria: Villach and the alps
Holland: Amsterdam, Alkhmar
There are many places that I hope to visit one day but most of all I would like to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg.
A hot suggestion? Come to my homeland, visit Croatia
About time we put out a thread about travelling. As someone that loves to travel around the world (insert jokes about my weather and climate) I am proud to start one.
Where do you want to travel?
Where have you been?
Have any hot suggestions?
Have any nice travel stories?
Anyway, I will write more when I come back ;) Will just go on a short 1 week trip to Goa, nicely * 10.
1. the places i would like to go to the most are: cuba, brazil, jamaica and other carribean islands like st. barts, barcelona, argentina, USSR, tokyo and italy.
2. ive been to bahrain, UAE, Egypt, lebanon, holland, england, spain, portugal, france, switzerland, belguim, US (new york and boston mainly).
3. holland, UAE, france, NYC and boston!!
4. i have some interesting travelling stories just that im too lazy to write them
1. I want to go to Italy (mainly milan), Spain, netherlands, Germany a lot more of europe, australia, NYC, texas, boston (only main places i haven't been to in US), asia, kiev ( i was born ther but haven't been back since 94, when i was 2.)
2. Canada: Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec.
Mexico (around cancun), London, Paris, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Volgograd, Kiev.
USA: Chicago, Miami, LA, San Fran, Grand Canyon, Sand Diego, VEGAS, washington dc, detriot,
3. Go to Vegas. it's amazing, even if you dont' gamble. Chicago is awesome too.
4. When we were in frankfurt goin to london a bird flew into our engine just as we were about to take off destroying it. if it flew in ther 5 seconds later i might not be here typing this.
BTW, goin to jamaica rite after new years.
About time we put out a thread about travelling. As someone that loves to travel around the world (insert jokes about my weather and climate) I am proud to start one.
Where do you want to travel?
Where have you been?
Have any hot suggestions?
Have any nice travel stories?
Anyway, I will write more when I come back ;) Will just go on a short 1 week trip to Goa, nicely * 10.
Where do I want to travel??? Antarctica, Kamchatka in Russia, Iran.
Where have I been??? All over. All 50 States in the USA including it's territories of Guam and Puerto Rico as well as the US Virgin Islands. Europe with the exception of the Eastern Part. Been to Poland of the only eastern countries.
Europe: Belgium- Mons, Brussels. Netherlands-Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Denmark-Kobenhavn. Sweden-Stockholm, Gothenberg, Linkoping, Satenas, Boras, Ronneby, Visby Isle of Gotland, Lund, Malmo, Ostersund, Sundsvall, Lulea, Kiruna, Bjokliden way up north, Lake Vanern, Lake Tornetrask, Upsala, Tullinge..... Norway-Oslo, Drammen. Germany-Stuttgart, Munich, Garmisch, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Berlin, Bonn, Weisbaden, Hamburg, Bremen, Freudenberg, Hotzum. Austria- Vienna, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Graz, Linz and ****ing (yes ****ing, Austria). Czech Republic- Prague and some smaller citites I will not ry to remember. Swizterland- Zurich, Geneva, Frauenfeldt and Maienfeldt. France- Paris of course, Bordeaux, Lyon, Strasbourg, Poitou regions, beaches of Normandy, Nice, and Savoy regions. Monaco- Mote Carlo. Portugal-Lisbon, Porto, Braga, and the Madeira Isles. Spain- Madrid, Barca, Malaga, Cadiz, Seville, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Pampolona, Cordoba, Linares, Pasajes, Leon... Andorra. Italia- Roma, Montecassino, Milano, Genoa, Siena, Perugia, Venezia, Torino, Parma, Bologna, Firenze, Modena, Piacenza, Livorno, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Napoli, Sassuolo, Bergamo, Trento, Trieste, Udine....
I will post more from the places I've been to of the other continents. I have yet to sa where I've already been in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America.
Where have I been??? Continued.
I'm just going to write the Countries I've been to and not get so darn specific to which cities cause it will take forever.
South America... Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, maybe Ecuador, I'm not too sure.
Central America- Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Mexico, El Salvador.
Carribean- Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, Bahamas. Sorry no Jamaica yet.
North America- other than the US. Canada.
Africa- Morrocco and South Africa- Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria, Bloemfontain, Bophutotswana aka Sun City.
Middle East-Turkey, Israel- Tel Aviv Haifa, Jerusalem, Golan Heights and Eilat. I was soo close to Jordan! Sorry Mk18.
Asia- Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, PR of China.
3. Any hot suggestions??? HAWAII!
4. Nearly got in trouble with some law enforcement in almost all these countries. Innocent mistakes of course. My recent trip to Europe in 2003 was watching Milan play an emotional quarter final vs Ajax at the San Siro. Amazing 90+ minute goal by Inzaghi for us to continue our illustrious path to Old Trafford. You all know the story!
Where have I been??? Continued.
I'm just going to write the Countries I've been to and not get so darn specific to which cities cause it will take forever.
South America... Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, maybe Ecuador, I'm not too sure.
Central America- Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Mexico, El Salvador.
Carribean- Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, Bahamas. Sorry no Jamaica yet.
North America- other than the US. Canada.
Africa- Morrocco and South Africa- Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria, Bloemfontain, Bophutotswana aka Sun City.
Middle East-Turkey, Israel- Tel Aviv Haifa, Jerusalem, Golan Heights and Eilat. I was soo close to Jordan! Sorry Mk18.
Asia- Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, PR of China.
3. Any hot suggestions??? HAWAII!
4. Nearly got in trouble with some law enforcement in almost all these countries. Innocent mistakes of course. My recent trip to Europe in 2003 was watching Milan play an emotional quarter final vs Ajax at the San Siro. Amazing 90+ minute goal by Inzaghi for us to continue our illustrious path to Old Trafford. You all know the story!
wow ... WOW!... uve travelled almost as much as my dad has :) ... how old are u? thats alot of travelling, i just wish ive been to half the places uve been to, so many interesting places man!! u should be proud! what do u work kui, oh and for the record, travelling while being high doesnt count! :D
how did u like jerusalem kui? id love to go there and i was thinking of going tere witha a very good friend of mine whos of palestinian origin, palestine before the war was stunning thats what i know, places like haifa (jericho) and jerusalem were breathetaking!
u should honestly come to jordan, and if ur into traditional arabic culture then u should probably go to syria and parts of lebanon though now isnt the safest time to go to.
I'm 32 years old and am a private investor in the stock market managing hedge funds for a few partners/friends of mine. Know what hedge funds are??? Well some people call it shady trading mostly because it is totally a private venture between two or more private investing parties. But when I was younger my travels were with my father who was a attache for the US State Dept. He quit doing that some time ago and now works mostly on his farm now. But yeah been many places you know. Jerusalem is awesome but the whole division of the city really sucks. One day both sides can live in peace. Then we can both go there without any anxiety. Yeah one day Jordan will cool for me to go.
Where have I been??? Continued.
I'm just going to write the Countries I've been to and not get so darn specific to which cities cause it will take forever.
South America... Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, maybe Ecuador, I'm not too sure.
Central America- Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Mexico, El Salvador.
Carribean- Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, Bahamas. Sorry no Jamaica yet.
North America- other than the US. Canada.
Africa- Morrocco and South Africa- Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria, Bloemfontain, Bophutotswana aka Sun City.
Middle East-Turkey, Israel- Tel Aviv Haifa, Jerusalem, Golan Heights and Eilat. I was soo close to Jordan! Sorry Mk18.
Asia- Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, PR of China.
3. Any hot suggestions??? HAWAII!
4. Nearly got in trouble with some law enforcement in almost all these countries. Innocent mistakes of course. My recent trip to Europe in 2003 was watching Milan play an emotional quarter final vs Ajax at the San Siro. Amazing 90+ minute goal by Inzaghi for us to continue our illustrious path to Old Trafford. You all know the story!
dam uve been to a lot of places!!! i thought i traveled a lot until i read that. but im 14, so i got a lot of traveling left to do.
AC-GIOFFRE
22-11-2005, 21:16
The best place I went to was Malta. I was there for six weeks this year in summer. I even visited the Milan CLub which is the biggest Milan Club in the World.
I also loved Calabria. I am Australian with a Italian/Maltese decendent.
dam uve been to a lot of places!!! i thought i traveled a lot until i read that. but im 14, so i got a lot of traveling left to do.
Well as I said some was with my father on his diplomacy trips. So this all happen when I was a young teenager myself. When I turned 16 years old, I graduated from school early and so did missionary work for my Church, going to South America for a year before my parents felt me old enough to go to University. If it wasnt for that I would not have had the chance to go to many places in South America such as Brazil. BTW very big country Brazil is!
Now as an adult trying to make a success out of myself, I hardly travel for vacation. The only travelling I do now is for business and trust me it isnt really "travelling" in any way as if on vacation or holiday.
Well I know you're only 14 kiddo, but here's my advice. Try to see as much as you can before you come an adult. It gets harder to travel because you will be accountable for a lot of things when you come of age. So enjoy your youth and dont be too anxious to grow up too fast.
hitmannq8
25-11-2005, 15:24
Wow thats alot of travelling Kui.. Ive done alot of travelling my self compared to ppl that do not travel as a job, the best place ive been to was Marbella, Malaga :) .. I kind of liked Verona's mountains as I went there skiing.. I will be going to Cancun for spring so I expect that to be a bomb, and I also love my home Kuwait, but ppl who visit it never seem to have fun because they dont know where to go..
Kui, I believe if you go to Kuwait you will find a lot, and i mean a lot of business partners to do with investment as Kuwait is very well known for being the best in investments - especially in the Middle east..
Where I have been before:
NY, Oslo, Malmö, Kopenhagen, Frankfurt, Paris, Except south, almost everywhere in Italy, Prag, Vien, Budapest, Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and that's it. Whenever I find time, I try to go to Como, that's the place I love. I can go there to live for the rest of my life.
Where do you want to travel?
Where have you been?
Have any hot suggestions?
Have any nice travel stories?
Wants: Italy (natch), Croatia, Brazil, Argentina, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, India, Seychelles, Botswana, Turkey, Thailand, Ireland & Vietnam.
Beens: Most of the U.S., British Columbia, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Haiti, the U.S.V.I.'s, Jamaica, Mexico, Costa Rica, England, France, Brussels, Germany, Holland & Iceland.
Hot suggestions: Costa Rica, can't say where exactly - wouldn't want too many people finding out about it :tongue1:
Stories: Well, a bird shat on my head in Brussels. Not nice, but memorable.
killiegradge
25-11-2005, 18:46
Ive been a few place but nothing like Kui who seems to have travelled the world.
Bermuda,Hawaii,San Fran,New York,Munich,Prague,Geneva,Verbier,MILAN,Portugal,Spain,Paris,Nice,Andorra,Austria,Slovenia,Cyprus,At hens,KILMARNOCK.
I havent included the Uk and have prob visited a few more places which escape me at the moment.
Favorites?bermuda for the friendly welcome and lovely island .Milan for obvious reasons.I have enjoyed most places for very different reasons.
Would love to visit Japan and my son would like me to go to Brazil to bring him back a Brazil scarf(do they wear scarfs in Brazil?) and of course I would love to oblige him.
Bermuda,Hawaii,Favorites?bermuda for the friendly welcome and lovely island .Milan for obvious reasons.I have enjoyed most places for very different reasons.
Would love to visit Japan and my son would like me to go to Brazil to bring him back a Brazil scarf(do they wear scarfs in Brazil?) and of course I would love to oblige him.
Do I see Hawaii??? Please tell me you did go to Maui or Molokai. If you went to Waikiki, I feel sorry for you cause that is kind of like any big city with skyscrapers and not the real Hawaii. So how did you like Hawaii mate???
About time we put out a thread about travelling. As someone that loves to travel around the world (insert jokes about my weather and climate) I am proud to start one.
Where do you want to travel?
Where have you been?
Have any hot suggestions?
Have any nice travel stories?
1. I'd love to go to Australia, New Zealand, the British Isles and Scandinavia. Not sure why Scandinavia, it's just a region in Europe I've never been to, and I'd like to experience it. The other locales simply b/c for once I'd like to travel someplace where I actually can sort of understand the language! :p286:
2. Where have I been? All over the US, as far west as Washington state and Oregon, as far south as Tennesee and Kentucky. In Canada, thru most of Ontario, the southern part of Quebec, all of the Maritime provinces. And also Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic as far as Prague, France and Luxemborg.
3. Hot suggestions...hmmmm....go to Italy! I don't care what region or city, well not too much anyway. I wasn't thrilled with Rome, loved Florence and Venice, and of course Milan.
4. Yeah, some nice stories. First trip to Italy, first time to Venice, I had THE weirdest, strongest feeling of deja vu when we got to the square. I looked up at the spire on...is that one San Marco...and just opened my arms and said "I'm home!" Our tour guide told us that to truly experience Venice you had to get hopelessly lost. Well, try as I might, I couldn't get lost, I always knew where I was!
Second story...second trip to Milan...my friend Angelo had arranged for us to use an apartment owned by the team, for the entire time we were there! It was in a very nice neighborhood, we got to know the people at the grocer around the corner, they'd greet us like we lived there. The apartment was probably spacious by Italian standards, had an amazing tile floor thru most of it, and had a balcony that overlooked the tree-lined street. That apartment paired with meeting Paolo made that trip very memorable! And Milanello remains one of my favorite places to wander around! :5schal:
Ive been to : Northern Ireland, England, Wales, France (a good few times), Portugal, Majorca, Lanzorate, Gran Canaria, Austria, Germany, Jersey and Italy (5 times to milan and once to venice when i was young). Lived in Cape Cod, MA in the US in the summer for three months did a good bit of travelling there boston, new york, philadelphia, maine, new hampshire, nantucket, marthas vineyard, Las Vegas which is amazing, San Diego and also Tijuana in Mexico. Had been to Florida previously. Going to Poland in March to visit friends i lived with in the summer.
Want to go to and im sure i will go to at some stage: Prague, Australia, South America and of course back to Milan.
Also hopefully back to Paris in May for Champions league final if milan make it.
Giovanni
30-11-2005, 03:12
I try to go to Como, that's the place I love. I can go there to live for the rest of my life.
That's why George Clooney bought a huge villa there ;)
3. Hot suggestions...hmmmm....go to Italy! I don't care what region or city, well not too much anyway. I wasn't thrilled with Rome, loved Florence and Venice, and of course Milan.
4. Yeah, some nice stories. First trip to Italy, first time to Venice, I had THE weirdest, strongest feeling of deja vu when we got to the square. I looked up at the spire on...is that one San Marco...and just opened my arms and said "I'm home!" Our tour guide told us that to truly experience Venice you had to get hopelessly lost. Well, try as I might, I couldn't get lost, I always knew where I was!
Second story...second trip to Milan...my friend Angelo had arranged for us to use an apartment owned by the team, for the entire time we were there! It was in a very nice neighborhood, we got to know the people at the grocer around the corner, they'd greet us like we lived there. The apartment was probably spacious by Italian standards, had an amazing tile floor thru most of it, and had a balcony that overlooked the tree-lined street. That apartment paired with meeting Paolo made that trip very memorable! And Milanello remains one of my favorite places to wander around!
:clap: nice stories
I've been only in Europe unluckily but so far budget holidays force me to avoid flights over the ocean. But Europe is still full of great places: have been to Spain (Catalunya and Barcelona), France (Paris and Provence, Marseille and Aix en Provence) and to some other eu capitals and great cities--> London, Amsterdam, Budapest, Malta, Greece (islands) and Graz in Austria
Not much but i'm planning to tour around Spain this summer, with my grey Fiat Punto, and visit Basque area and Andalusia in the south, full of great cities, such as Granada and Siviglia
Next travels: Nord Kapp and all Scandinavia, Brasil, Prague and UK/Eire by interrail
Been to: Most of Scandinavia, all of Sweden. Italy, Milano + Firenze. France, Paris and a bit in the northeast. Holland + Belgium capitals. Germany, Berlin, Hamburg, Braunsweig and some smaller places. Bulgaria, Sofia, Coast, Sandanski and Blagoevgrad. Turkey, Alanya. USA, Florida and New York. Thailand, Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Koh Lantha. Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Singapore. Mallorca. India, Goa. That was all :sob:
Want to most at this point: Japan. Other places in India. California. Pacific islands. New Zeeland and Australia. China. Iran. Jordan/Lebanon. Tanzania. Brazil.
I could recommend: I would recommend Firenze for someone that have a partner or likes culture, really nice city. The less touristbusy places in Thailand was really nice.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.