View Full Version : Milan vs Schalke
Warro Bantan
24-11-2005, 15:57
From: http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,14546,-5436491,00.html
Schalke eye San Siro glory after seeing off PSV
FRANKFURT, Nov 24 (Reuters) - :hah2: Schalke 04 believe they have nothing to fear as they look ahead to their final Champions League Group game away to AC Milan next month.
Schalke have revived their European campaign in the last two home games, beating Fenerbahce 2-0 and PSV Eindhoven 3-0 to move level with Group E leaders Milan on eight points.
They will probably need a high-scoring draw or a victory at the San Siro to seal a place in the last 16 and the players are looking forward to the challenge, with a UEFA Cup place already assured as back-up.
"We've reached our minimum target by making certain of a place in the UEFA Cup but now what we want is to make the next round of the Champions League," said goalkeeper Frank Rost. "We've shown that we play better when we're under pressure, while Milan have shown nerves in this competition. :delol: Besides, it's a highlight for every player to be able to run out at the wonderful San Siro."
PSV remain well placed to make the knockout phase with seven points and a home game against eliminated Fenerbahce to come.
A draw or even a defeat could be enough for Schalke, depending on the result of PSV's final game, but the players will not expect any favours.
"We should play for a win and we know we can win," said Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen. "I think the PSV game proved that we can play against the best sides in Europe."
Is this guy arrogant or what? I wasnt trying to be "tread starter of the year" but he pissed me off soooo much, that I had to vent..and where better to vent than my favourite forum?
We need to put "Poulsen the Poleaxer" in his place, by trouncing the Germans like how we did Fener.
It will be a closely contested game, and one which we should play as we usually do, by going for the win. They are a talented bunch, but as most of our previous match with them this season showed, we are a class above them in most regards.
We can and should crush them like the blue jersey wearing cockroaches that they are!
FORZA MIIILAN!!!
W should win because we are home and better in every wiew from them.
we should unleash gattuso on poulsen
Milan3869
25-11-2005, 03:58
we will most likely win, but dont underestimate schalke guys. even if they're so arrogant, that team is very talented. we need to start the game aggressive and with confidence. since we're playing at the san siro, it will make it easier for us to do the things we do. milan should win.
forza milan!!
arpanmilan
25-11-2005, 10:58
gattuso & Stam should kick some Polsen a@#. Shalke is getting overconfident and this is what will lead to their downfall. Even the greatest teams are intimidated by the fact of playing at san siro , I dont understand what makes Poulsen think they are going to win at san siro.
I don`t think Schalke 04 should be underestimated either,but their overly self confident attitutde as shown above by Poulsen already points to our advantage.They are in fact scared:D and they`d like to make the world and us think that they haven`t got anything to fear since they drew with us once......too bad that nobody really buys it...We keep our mouth shut and we are thinking of a strategy,we play at home,we badly want to go through and i don`t think that there`s anything that can stop us now,especially after beating Fener like that.
we should unleash gattuso on poulsen
Yeah you're right, Gattuso will tame Poulsen like a little puppy
hitmannq8
25-11-2005, 15:06
Their coach mentioned something like a draw would send Schalke through if PSV won? Is this true? I cannot see any way how it is true.. Schalke drew with us 2-2, and if we draw with them 1-1 at San Siro, I believe we should go through cuz we have 2 away goals, but i dont know.. Can anyone confirm on this?
We must play with Rui and Kaka for this game, so Poulsen will be able to mark only one of them.
If we draw with Schalke and if Fener lose to PSV,in that case(since PSV would be 1st in the group)the first thing to be considered are the matches between us and Schalke being that we would aim for the 2nd place.But if we draw second time as well it would be desireable for the result to be 1-1 since then(you`re right hitmanq8)we would have better away goal status.I really think and hope we will win,therefore all this maths will be unnecessary:)
Forza Milan
red-black-love
26-11-2005, 03:14
we have to win this match to at least secure our place in the knock out round.. schalke is not some team easy to deal with! it is not that i lack confidence in the team.. but this match is very important to us and i feel a little worried for the team.. hopefully the fenerbache match gave milan a boost in confidence level! i believe we have much better players than schalke and can win, if we play the way we play juve or udinese, schalke would definately be trashed!
so, good luck milan! we must win it! :D
zlatanov
26-11-2005, 11:18
Their coach mentioned something like a draw would send Schalke through if PSV won? Is this true? I cannot see any way how it is true.. Schalke drew with us 2-2, and if we draw with them 1-1 at San Siro, I believe we should go through cuz we have 2 away goals, but i dont know.. Can anyone confirm on this?
We must play with Rui and Kaka for this game, so Poulsen will be able to mark only one of them.
they would go thorugh only if the draw is 3-3 or higher. Even if it's 2-2, Milan would have better overall goal dif - now ours is +5, theirs is +4 - and we would be going through.
I feel pretty at ease for this game for Milan is in form - in the game vs Viola we simply didn't have our minds on it - and it would be a decisive game, something we are more than used to playing. Schalke would need a miracle to claw their way to a draw and since I don't see them scoring 3 goals at SS, they would be out playing for their beloved UEFA Cup. That way everyone would have achieved their goals and would be happy :).
I dont see anything wrong in what he said.
Hey guys, please beat them, ok?
It wouldnt surprise me either way if we go through or not.
Warro Bantan
28-11-2005, 12:05
This will be a tough match, but I feel that we will win. We dont take the UCL as lightly as we tend to take the Serie A at times :D
i hope we destroy them, it would be a great message to everyone in the world!
Milan3869
28-11-2005, 19:53
i'll be happy with a 1-0 win.... :u56:
savage_mau
29-11-2005, 11:16
Milan will do the talkiong on the pitch....
Very confidently beat them and qualify.
Schalke had been playing bad away from home...
Milan will do the talkiong on the pitch....
Very confidently beat them and qualify.
Schalke had been playing bad away from home...
In fact Schalke has been consentrating on the CL games, but for example, against Fenerbahçe, they played better in İstnabul. They ruled the game. In Germany, 9-man- Fenerbahçe forced them. Don't just look at the results of the game. Even though one of the players of Fenerbahçe got the red card in 35, and one in 50, and Alex missing, Fenerbahçe forced till the last minute. But in İstanbul, they were much better. Trust me.
This game is going to be extremely difficult and we may be lucky to just scrape through. They need to win, we need a low scoring draw. We all know what happens when teams dont play to win, especially when the other team is desperate for the 3 points. For example how will we all feel if theres 20 minutes left and its 2-2. Im not saying we will lose, just that it could be a long night, so les not expect anything spectacluar although that is also a possibility :sagrin:
We could lose and still go through if Fener do us a favour :r7:
This game is going to be extremely difficult and we may be lucky to just scrape through. They need to win, we need a low scoring draw. We all know what happens when teams dont play to win, especially when the other team is desperate for the 3 points. For example how will we all feel if theres 20 minutes left and its 2-2. Im not saying we will lose, just that it could be a long night, so les not expect anything spectacluar although that is also a possibility :sagrin:
We could lose and still go through if Fener do us a favour :r7:
I hope so. I prayed for Milan to win against PSV, you should have done that! It would be much more easier than.
Don`t worry guys we will crush them!!!!!!!!!! I know it`ll be a little difficult but the game will end up 3-1 for us!!!!
savage_mau
30-11-2005, 16:18
In fact Schalke has been consentrating on the CL games, but for example, against Fenerbahçe, they played better in İstnabul. They ruled the game. In Germany, 9-man- Fenerbahçe forced them. Don't just look at the results of the game. Even though one of the players of Fenerbahçe got the red card in 35, and one in 50, and Alex missing, Fenerbahçe forced till the last minute. But in İstanbul, they were much better. Trust me.
Dont look at the result?? But i thought the result is the most important things.Schalke 04 dont play well away from home usually but maybe in Istanbul they play well ( as we know every team need a win to qualify).But as milan will always be stronger in San Siro plus the support the fan.anyway i never forget last year semi final between Milan Vs PSV....Just hope that will not happen and it shall be a usual day at san siro where Milan will roar...
:devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf:
Dont look at the result?? But i thought the result is the most important things.Schalke 04 dont play well away from home usually but maybe in Istanbul they play well ( as we know every team need a win to qualify).But as milan will always be stronger in San Siro plus the support the fan.anyway i never forget last year semi final between Milan Vs PSV....Just hope that will not happen and it shall be a usual day at san siro where Milan will roar...
:devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf: :devf:
Of course result is what matters. Also luck is another point. You say Schalke does not play in away games, I say no. They caused us more problems than Mialn did in İstanbul, trsut me. And our team just didn't give up against them, but they already did not have any hope against you, that's simply that. And at home, 9 man Fenerbahçe caused them real problems, but, with 9 man, you can do till a certain point. So, don't think Schalke is not doing good in the away games. And plus, in Italy stadiums are not that full nowadays. And extra is you should consider FDL's position. But I still want Milan to win.
we just ned to play calmly and agressively in the middle, not making any big mistakes and it will all be ok. With sheva and gila upfront, and with kaka's passing we can win it for sure. I hopw we finnaly see real Cafu, aldough Im afraid his days are over.
We'll win this for sure, Milan plays very good under pressure no need to worry about this game
hitmannq8
01-12-2005, 14:52
not broadcasted here in montreal :/
can you believe this will be the first CL game I have been able to see on TV in the UK. We were last years finalists for Gods sake. :rolleyes:
savage_mau
02-12-2005, 10:56
can you believe this will be the first CL game I have been able to see on TV in the UK. We were last years finalists for Gods sake. :rolleyes:
Just for your info in Malaysia there is no live matches of Milan at all.Not even 1 for these year in CL. All the past 5 match day is on EPL team only.MU,Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool. That really suck
zlatanov
02-12-2005, 11:35
Well, why don't you guys use streaming more often? I basically haven't missed a Milan game CL, Serie A or Coppa Italia after I started using streaming P2P programs like PPLive, PPStream, etc. Now, I can watch games I could have never even dreamed of watching on any cable or satellite TV there is.
OK, quality might not be exactly HD but it's better than nothing, right? Plus it's all for free ... well, not counting the money you pay for a good Internet connection.
Well, why don't you guys use streaming more often? I basically haven't missed a Milan game CL, Serie A or Coppa Italia after I started using streaming P2P programs like PPLive, PPStream, etc. Now, I can watch games I could have never even dreamed of watching on any cable or satellite TV there is.
OK, quality might not be exactly HD but it's better than nothing, right? Plus it's all for free ... well, not counting the money you pay for a good Internet connection.
:u125: and you find this where??? :u125: your help please Zlat.
red-black-love
03-12-2005, 10:46
Just for your info in Malaysia there is no live matches of Milan at all.Not even 1 for these year in CL. All the past 5 match day is on EPL team only.MU,Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool. That really suck
over here too. those EPL fanatics crap from the broadcasters. that really SUCKS.
zlatanov
03-12-2005, 11:47
:u125: and you find this where??? :u125: your help please Zlat.
kui, i sent you a pm :)
I hope we will win this game but according what is hapning to milan
in seria A I think we will draw 2-2 so we qulify to next round
Forza Milan
Warro Bantan
05-12-2005, 10:17
Confidence at an all time low for the Bantan from here on out...(ie post Chievo) a return to my natural pragmatisim...I would be estatic with a win, but I predict a draw, or a last minute loss, with us crashing out of the UCL..
This way if we win, I will be happy, but if we lose, I wont be surprised....or disappointed to the point of ulcer creation, or mental breakdown..
Warro Bantan
05-12-2005, 17:19
ESPN Int has the game, SDD (same day delayed) at 8pm EST.
FORZA MIIIIIIIILAN!!!!!!!! Lets win this one for....me maybe? One for the fans?
humanTORCH
05-12-2005, 19:32
Confidence at an all time low for the Bantan from here on out...(ie post Chievo) a return to my natural pragmatisim...I would be estatic with a win, but I predict a draw, or a last minute loss, with us crashing out of the UCL..
This way if we win, I will be happy, but if we lose, I wont be surprised....or disappointed to the point of ulcer creation, or mental breakdown..
A win is a must. Schalke will have to attck us from the start and i hope for an open entertaining game. Hope mister have his tactical plan right.
If we were to lose, I think Ancelotti may have to pack his bag sooner than we thought.
Bosniaco
05-12-2005, 20:03
Is there any Internet live streaming?
zlatanov
05-12-2005, 21:40
Is there any Internet live streaming?
Yes, there is plenty of it, actually:
Here is a link to a football forum - simple and straightforward registration. Once you register, the link will take to a thread with CL schedule for the week, including links (click on channel icon at the bottom) to channels on P2P stream programs like PPLive, PPStream, QQLive, SopCast, etc. NOTE: you need to have them installed beforehand in order for the link to work. Just in case you need it, on the same forum, in the "Streams" section, you can find more info on these P2P stream programs. Here is the link:
http://www.fbtz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39566
This is another site where you can find program schedule for the same P2P programs mentioned above. Again, very simple registration is required. Just click on the "PLAY" link, log in, and you are on :). Full and accurate game schedule is available on the day of the actual game day. Here is the link:
http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm
SHEVCHENKO 007
05-12-2005, 21:45
I've Not Been Posting For A While, But I Always Read The New Posts Every Day. It's About 16 Hours Away To Kick Off And This Is Going To Be One Of The Most Vital Games In Milan's History.
Going Out Tommorow And Going Towards Christmas Out Of Europe And Then Going To A Milan Derby 8 Pts Behind Juventus Surely Would Leave Us In A Bad Way For The Rest Of The Season. If We Do Lose Then I'm Afraid To Say That Will Be The End Of Ancelotti. After Lasts Years Champions league Defeat Against Liverpool And Doing So Bad In The Schudeto Last Season Surely Galliani Would Have The Thought Crossing hIs Mind What Would Happen If We Don't Get A Win Tommorow.
I Still Believe We Will Go On To Win Tommorow And SHEVCHENKO Will Get A Hatrick , Followed By A Wonder Strike By KAKA But As You Know It All Depends On Which Way The Wind Blows As You Know In Life, It Could Either Go One Way Or The Other.
If You Look Back To Exactly 23 Months Ago There Was A Game In Rome. Tue 6 Jan 04 . Roma V Milan. If Most Of You Don't Remember That Was The Turning Game In The 3/4 Season Which Led Us To Our First Schudetto Since 99. Roma And Milan Where The Top Two With Totti And Shevchenko Topping The Goalscoring Charts With 12-14 Goals Respectivly. Juve Where Going On A Bit Of A Bad Run And The Championship Was Between Cappello's Roma And Ancelotti's Milan. If You Watched That Game That Was Another Turning Point In Milan Engine As Was The Champions League Win In May 2003 With The Coppa Italia And European Supercup And The Signings Of (CAFU + KAKA). The Game Finished 2-1 To Milan With Shevchenko Scoring Twice And Cassano Getting The A First Half Equaliser. After That Game Seeing Ancelotti's Face And The Team Spirit Put Us In The Right Direction To Go On and Make Milan the No.1 Club In The World.
This Season Looking at All The Big Teams From Barcelona, Real Madrid To Chelsea, Juventus I Would Always Put Milan As The Best. We Have The Best Players, On Our The Day Play The Most Attractive Football And Have The Best Fan Base. ( I Suppose Every Fan From Every The Top Club Thinks They Have The Best Fans, But Choosing Between Barclona, Chelsea , Juventus Or Real Madrid I'm Just Glad That Either Milan Found Me Or I Found Them)
Possibe Line Up For Tue 6/12/05 Schalke 04
Dida
Stam
Nesta
Maldini
Kaladze
Pirlo
Gattuso
Seedorf
Kaka
Shevchenko
Gilardihno
This Game Is Hopefully Going To Be The Best Game Of The Season And Set Us Up Nicely For The Inter Game At The Weekend And Take Us In Good Spirit Towards The Festive Season, As Well As Booking Our Place In To The Last 16 And Let Us Have 2-3 Months Trying To Reclaim Top Spot In The Title Race With That Dream Fixture In Paris In May Just Before The World Cup. Which For Every Football Fan In The World Is The Biggest And Best Sporting Event In The World.
Ps. I Would Like To Ask You The Answer 3 Questions. 1 To Take Some Of The Pressure Waitng For The Game And 2 Would Like To Know What You Feel Would Be The Outcome Of This Game Weather We Win Or Lose, And Who Would You Like To See As The Next AC MILAN Manager If Ancelotti Would To Get The Sack.
1. What Do You Think The Score Will Be.
2. Who Would You Like To See As The The Next Ac Milan Manager.
3. Looking Around Europe At The Moment Would Rijkaard At Barca Or Mourihno At Chelsea For Example Leave There Post Straight Away And Be The New Milan Manager Or Would We Get Some Italian Manager Who No One Hardly Knows But Has Displayed Wonders For Some Lower Team In Seria A , Or Let An Ex Milan Player Who Has Has A Good Football Brain On Him, For Example You Can Call It The (Golden Ball) 1. Someone Who Has Played Football At The Highest Level 2. Coached And Managed At A Club For Period Of Time Regardless Of How Successful There Time Was At A Club Or Country And 3. Someone Who Has A Real Passion For The Game And Has The Most Important Thing That Comes With The Package (which Most Football Fans Have Around The World From Fans To Journalists To Players To Managers) A Good Football Brain On them.
If I Would Have My Say On The Next Manager If Ancelotti Would Get The Sack I Would Chose.
In Order:
Ruud Gullit - Former Milan Player (idol) /experienced Coach/ And Out Of Work So Would Be No Problem Getting Him. Imagine Gullit (AC Milan) Rijkaard (Barcelona) Van Basten (Holland) The Trio Back In Buisness.
-
-
-
As For Tonights Game
I Wish All You Out There In The World A Wonderful Day And The Best Of Luck For Tonight.
FOZA MILAN
FORZA SHEVCHENKO
Confidence at an all time low for the Bantan from here on out...(ie post Chievo) a return to my natural pragmatisim...I would be estatic with a win, but I predict a draw, or a last minute loss, with us crashing out of the UCL..
This way if we win, I will be happy, but if we lose, I wont be surprised....or disappointed to the point of ulcer creation, or mental breakdown..
I think you have forgotten to predict that Ancelotti will step down as a result, or so people wish.
Warro Bantan
06-12-2005, 09:35
Well Jeff, honestly, I dont even want to go there...as the similarities with Real Madrid, who have just sacked Luxemburgo...would be all too...(no pun intended) real.
if we dont go through it will be a disaster, but I believe we will win this one. I'll see the game live so we'll talk later. Enjoy! ForzaMilan
official: dida,stam,maldini,nesta,serginho,seedorf,pirlo,gattuso,kaka,shevchenko,INZAGHI
there is no Jankulovsky on the bench!! WTF if that??? is he injured again? and where is cafu again??
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 15:04
16' Il Milan fa la partita, anche se con questo punteggio sarebbe qualificato. I tedeschi ripartono in contropiede.
Looks like we are taking the game to them. Keep it up
FORZA MILAN
Bosniaco
06-12-2005, 15:10
I need the link for Dragon TV on PPlive on my pplive there is no Dragon tv I need to watch the game. Pleaseeeeeeeee
sop://211.152.42.231:3917/sports/MRCFootball
For those with SopCast. Bit jerky at times, but it calms down.
Working now....
Maldini (injured) replaced bei Simic.
If you can get german television, you can see this game live.
When using PPLive, why does it continue to display the message: "Your current channel has left, please reselect"?
Bosniaco
06-12-2005, 15:17
MY ****en pplive sucks if someone has the link of milan game please post it here I need it.
slicknick
06-12-2005, 15:26
Does anyone know what happened to Paolo? I've heard that he picked a knock...
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 15:27
Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll Pirlo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
slicknick
06-12-2005, 15:27
GOOOOAAAAL! Pirlo
Bosniaco
06-12-2005, 15:27
Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll Pirlo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Yesssssssssssssssssssss thank you.
slicknick
06-12-2005, 15:29
Free kick from the edge of the area. 1-0 for Milan
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 15:29
Mother F'ers 1-1 Poulsen
slicknick
06-12-2005, 15:29
Oh no, Poulsen scored...1:1
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 15:30
Another goal from a set piece. When will they learn
1. gilardino needs to come in, pipop looks weak, lousy control, not a good game by pippo
2. seedorf played like 10 good minutes, he needs to be tougher
3.a goal from cross...what can I say. Nesta's fault. Its becoming a real organisation problem, and we have few short players like simic,serginho,seedorf,pirlo,gattuso,pippo in there
4. Serginho's crosses were poor, we dont have enough sped passing to free someone on the wing
5. kak is a genious
6. bring gila in so he can score!!!
What a goal from Pirlo :star: !!! Goal was great but Milan plays very poor.
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 15:40
I need the link for Dragon TV on PPlive on my pplive there is no Dragon tv I need to watch the game. Pleaseeeeeeeee
Honestly man, did you even look at the responses to your previous post? Look a couple of posts back, in my reply to your post, I gave you a link that has DragonTV link for PPStream - this is exactly where I am watching the game.
ON the game itself - we are having a pretty good game except for the moment where our defence slept through YET ANOTHER free kick and Poulsen scored from behind their backs, pretty much covered by 4-5 Milan players of whom only Nesta tried to prevent the goal by jumping for the high ball. All the rest had their hands up their asses and were doing nothing except for wondering around like headless chickens. Yet again, one single moment of stupidity wasted 45 min of hard work.
Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!
Schalke has done well to close down space so we cannot play our usual game..
I am so nervous for the second half to be honest, because we are looking really shaky in defence. 1-1 is a fair result at half time, we have not created much - the same as Schalke.
But I fear their crosses, especially if the bring on Larsen... Best Milan player in the first half has been Kaka and Gattuso....
1 point is enough for me, just we get through... COME ON MILAN!!!!
Angel_Cic
06-12-2005, 15:43
omg omg...i'm just waiting for a bus at school...but i can't get home soon enough :( i hope i don't miss the whole game.
good to know that we're leading though...FORZA MILANNNNNNNNNN :proud:
shevagol_7
06-12-2005, 15:43
Free kick from the edge of the area. 1-0 for Milan
Pirlo's goal was far from an edge of the area free kick. It was probably from 30-35 yards out. What a hit it was too, bent it into the top corner. Simply priceless Pirlo! The greatest thing he did was run to our under fire coach Ancelotti showing the players faith in him.
We allowed our custom free kick goal. Again no-one defending at the backpost. It was that idiot Poulsen as well just to add insult. Dida might have had a chance to claim it at the heads or to make a quick reflex save but we can't really fault him if our defence is sleeping.
Maldini left early once again seems as if he hurt his knee. Hopefully nothing serious for Capitano.
We have played so slopply today, this is not the performance I expected. It actually reminds me of the way we played against PSV last year :wallbang: . Hopefully we put on a better performance in the second half.
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 15:45
1. gilardino needs to come in, pipop looks weak, lousy control, not a good game by pippo
2. seedorf played like 10 good minutes, he needs to be tougher
3.a goal from cross...what can I say. Nesta's fault. Its becoming a real organisation problem, and we have few short players like simic,serginho,seedorf,pirlo,gattuso,pippo in there
4. Serginho's crosses were poor, we dont have enough sped passing to free someone on the wing
5. kak is a genious
6. bring gila in so he can score!!!
Nesta's fault? How about the other 4-5 players that didn't do anything to prevent the ball from reaching Paulsen, actually, it was Sheva who was closest to him. Remeber one thing - Nesta is just a human being an d not a magician so that he can divide himslef in 10 parts and thus take care of all the defending by himself alone.
On the rest I pretty much agree.
shevagol_7
06-12-2005, 15:47
1. gilardino needs to come in, pipop looks weak, lousy control, not a good game by pippo
2. seedorf played like 10 good minutes, he needs to be tougher
3.a goal from cross...what can I say. Nesta's fault. Its becoming a real organisation problem, and we have few short players like simic,serginho,seedorf,pirlo,gattuso,pippo in there
4. Serginho's crosses were poor, we dont have enough sped passing to free someone on the wing
5. kak is a genious
6. bring gila in so he can score!!!
Are we watching the same match? Pippo has been running everywhere for balls and looks to be one of our only goal threats.
Nesta's fault? Did you notice that the man Nesta was covering got no where near the ball and Nesta was up trying to cover someone else's man and almost managed to head away. Did you also notice that he was the only Milan player that jumped to try and head away?
Bosniaco
06-12-2005, 15:47
Honestly man, did you even look at the responses to your previous post? Look a couple of posts back, in my reply to your post, I gave you a link that has DragonTV link for PPStream - this is exactly where I am watching the game.
ON the game itself - we are having a pretty good game except for the moment where our defence slept through YET ANOTHER free kick and Poulsen scored from behind their backs, pretty much covered by 4-5 Milan players of whom only Nesta tried to prevent the goal by jumping for the high ball. All the rest had their hands up their asses and were doing nothing except for wondering around like headless chickens. Yet again, one single moment of stupidity wasted 45 min of hard work.
Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!
It doesn't work I click on play it tells me that can not display message. I have DSL
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 15:59
It doesn't work I click on play it tells me that can not display message. I have DSL
go to the first link - the FBTZ forum one. Click on the icon of DragonTV and it will start PPStream. If not, just start PPStream and Dragon TV on PPSTream appears like:
1<< SOAKY or something like that - there are 22223 viewrs at the moment and should be at the top of the program list on your left.
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 16:02
GOOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOOOOOAL KAKA
OK LISTEN EVERY1
TRUE we are winning 3-1 BUT THIS IS performance is absolutely TERRIBLE.. ok as i am speaking kuranyi just missed from the 6 yard box.. i mean, if they draw 3-3 we are out.. we still have to be careful.. and before we scored the 2nd GOAL.. all we did is just SIT BACK and play on the counter!! and we happily did it.. everytime we got the ball and had space to attack, we just shot a far ball to kaka or sheva.. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING.. a team like milan wanting to win, against SCHALKE .. at HOME?? im sorry guys but this is absolutely terrible.. the last 3 performances for milan were all the same.. this is absolutely bullll... and thankgod kaka was there to score the 3rd because SHEVA MISSED AGAIN a similar chance to the one against Chievo.. he just totally missed the shot!! what the hell? And pippo is playing MARVELLOUS!!! but the midfield r very very careless.. kaka is having a stunning 2nd half
AND OMG SHEVA and PIPPO were 2on1 JUST NOW and sheva just took his time and all the defenders came back.. he could have passed or shot faster and it would have been a goal!!
KakAAAAAAAA is there anything more certain? Inzaghi and Sheva miss, Kaka picks up and nails it precisely and venomously in the bottom left corner
And then they almost hit us straight back on the restart, if not for a poor finish which was really a bad miss, we would have again suffered after scoring...must be a mental lapse
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:06
Kaka is a magician - 2 goals from him and it's 3-1 Milan now.
If it wasnt for a foul by Inzaghi, he would have had a hattrick now as he had a goal disallowed.
On the 3rd goal, Sheva missed a golden chance as he couldn't kick the ball from 2 meters out but Kaka got it and scored
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 16:07
oh my god 3-2.. they need 1 more goal
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:12
incredibly bad defending by Milan - a Milan player gave the ball to Lincoln in front of goal and the Brazilian had his shot deflected by another Milan player (couldn't see who he was for I was angry already) into the goal, over Dida's plunge.
Incredibly stupid defending by us, just hard to believe that this is happening.
Do anyone know what happen if draw 3-3?
Bullsh!t call on Inzaghi for offside...how can they get this wrong...bring in the technology. He was one-on-one with the keeper
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 16:18
NEVER MIND.. KALADZE ON FOR SIMIC
3-3 draw we go to UEFA Cup...lets not consider that
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:19
Do anyone know what happen if draw 3-3?
yep, we are out on away goals in direct games rule.
Milan3869
06-12-2005, 16:20
psv is winning 1-0, so if we draw, are we eliminated?!?
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:21
Simic is hurt too now.
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:22
NEVER MIND.. KALADZE ON FOR SIMIC
there is nothing bad about that sub - a 4-3-2-1 with Sergio will provide us with lots of speed upfront now that there are so many holes in thir defence.
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:23
We need a 4th goal my heart can't take much more of this!!!!!
80th min, there will be a bit of stoppages.
anyone knows why my pplive doesnt load the channels. i go on channel list........and more channel....(thats the massage i get? how can i fix that! thanx!
slicknick
06-12-2005, 16:25
Pirlo's goal was far from an edge of the area free kick.
Sorry, I quoted uefa.com . Don't blame me, blame the website for misleading people
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:27
Gila is on. Come on score a 4th goal so I can relax
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:28
anyone knows why my pplive doesnt load the channels. i go on channel list........and more channel....(thats the massage i get? how can i fix that! thanx!
I think you are using the old version of PPLive - 1.0.7. or something. Keep this old version but also get the new one - 1.0.9 or something. The new one installs in a separate folder so you'll be able to have them both at the same time.
Gilardino coming on for Pippo...85min
slicknick
06-12-2005, 16:28
Hope we score the 4th...
Warren, what od you think? If the defense is so bad, is it the coach's problem, or the players' problem? I'm asking for your honest opinion.
And, for the first time, I must admit, I think the players are the one to blame.
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:30
I stand corrected on the subs - PPStream is a bit behind from real time :(.
85th min and Gila in place of Pippo, Serginho is still out on the field, Kaladze must have come in place for Simic, so not sure what the previous "complaints" were all about.
Now our defence is like:
Stam - Nesta - Kakha - Sergio
i hate my life man!!!... i want proper football!!! ... ****in pplive
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:31
Gazzetta is reporting Kaladze in for Simic who got hurt
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:32
4 minutes of injury time
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:35
i hate my life man!!!... i want proper football!!! ... ****in pplive
get PPStream, SopCast, QQLive, Feidian from the same "STREAMS" section on that football forum. I have them all and just choose the best stream of them all. PPlive has sucked for me too lately but the PPStream and SopCast more than compensate for that.
We are playing with such poor touch, only Kaka threatens
Gila gave up the ball when we were committed upfront, that would be dangerous against a top team
slicknick
06-12-2005, 16:36
Is the game over yet?
And thats TIME...We're THROUGH
get PPStream, SopCast, QQLive, Feidian from the same "STREAMS" section on that football forum. I have them all and just choose the best stream of them all. PPlive has sucked for me too lately but the PPStream and SopCast more than compensate for that.
i know man its just that i dont understand **** about computers, streaming, chinese, and everything man!
my laptop is soooo slow... i have big programs ITS SUCKS!!
Milan3869
06-12-2005, 16:38
we've gone through!!
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:38
Yes, we are through, top of the group :)
Congrats to all MIlan fans.
Forza mIlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 16:38
FULLLLllllll TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME THANK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
AND our players need to be fking shouted out for playingso terrible in the last 3 games.. man we nearly lost our season already.. we were so close to getting kicked out of champions league!! ffs when it was 1-1 we were playing on counter atatck and defending.. i applaud carlo for doing a good sub by bringing on Gila.. Pippo was AC Milan's best player on the field.. YES better than Kaka.. Sheva was our worst.. Seedorf was amazing in the 2nd half.. I CANT BELIEVE WE WERE SO CLOSE TO GETTIN KNOCKED OUT BY SCHALKE AT SAN SIRO!! we should never reach these standards :(
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:39
We are through and finished first in the group. Suffered until the end bu at least we made it. Now hopefully they can get their sh!t together and play some better soccer in the 2nd round
Now I can breath again...
At last.... :r7:
Seedorf played consistently (at least for the first time I've seen), Inzhagi battled away but was ultimately disappointing (unlucky about the 'offside').
Get this defense sorted out Carlo. Roll on January.
CuoreRossoNero
06-12-2005, 16:41
Too bad Liverpool didn't finish second in their group because I want to play them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 16:41
Surprise of the day: Chelski 0-0 Liverpool, FCS.
shevagol_7
06-12-2005, 16:43
Sorry, I quoted uefa.com . Don't blame me, blame the website for misleading people
No worries I just didn't want anything taken away from that wonder strike from Pirlo.
Milan3869
06-12-2005, 16:44
yeah pirlo's free kick was truely world class. a superb goal!!
Seedorf tries to usher Gattuso into the players tunnel as he threatens to bury each and every one of those Schalke players...almost an all in brawl. He breaks Seedorf's grip and charges to the Milan faithful, parading his shirt, inciting the crowd and rubbing the victory in the oppositions face.
It was a high tempo games, end to end for the most part. High pressure with a lot of errors, and a few moments of brilliance. The positive to take from the game is the sheer quality of our goals, we have some great players who can be depended on during times of need. Our defending is woeful though and needs immediate attention...we look shakey and amateurish, if not for our midfield we would suffer intolerably. Bring in Chivu asap!
Hows Rivaldo scoring the winner for Olympiakos against his classic rival Real Madrid
MadeMashin
06-12-2005, 16:49
FULLLLllllll TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME THANK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
AND our players need to be fking shouted out for playingso terrible in the last 3 games.. man we nearly lost our season already.. we were so close to getting kicked out of champions league!! ffs when it was 1-1 we were playing on counter atatck and defending.. i applaud carlo for doing a good sub by bringing on Gila.. Pippo was AC Milan's best player on the field.. YES better than Kaka.. Sheva was our worst.. Seedorf was amazing in the 2nd half.. I CANT BELIEVE WE WERE SO CLOSE TO GETTIN KNOCKED OUT BY SCHALKE AT SAN SIRO!! we should never reach these standards :(
ya its true our players were day dreamin out there, but sheva was garbage?? hell no, its was all him in the second goal when he got tha ball and fed the pass to kaka
shevagol_7
06-12-2005, 16:51
We are through in first. We struggled to get there but we have. Hopefully now we can look to the future and become brilliant once again. Not a great game by any stetch of the imagination. We didn't defend well, free kicks are troubling me greatly now, both goals came from free kicks. One swung in and nobody to head away and a shot that wasn't cleared properly. Something must be done.
Gattuso did something today that no matter how bad he wanted to do he never should have done. When the final whistle went he went over to Poulsen and started to celebrate in his face. :p231: Not a classy thing to do, and that's one thing I pride Milan on there class. I mean I strongly dislike Poulsen but I couldn't believe my eyes to see a Milan player acting in such a way. :wow: . I can see how it was brought about Poulsen is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen and there was a lot of bad blood between the two sides. Look for a suspension to a Schalke player he spit on a linesman today and it was clearly caught on camera. Ugly incident.
Overall I am happy that we are through. But to win the Champions league we need to put in better performances.
shevagol_7 posted all I wanted to post and especially about Rino, like I have posted before it is good to excite the fans, work hard for the team, etc. but this is unacceptable Milan player or not
ya its true our players were day dreamin out there, but sheva was garbage?? hell no, its was all him in the second goal when he got tha ball and fed the pass to kaka
sheva was garbage todai!! at least wen u compare him with his usual. if it wasnt for kaka, we would be in uefa cup. and something has to change in defense or we will b out in the next round. gattuso's celebration was priceless! forza milaaannnnnnnnnnn!!
I did not see the game but i saw the highlights on espn. both goals were errors. The first one...Nesta was the only defender DEFENDING. He is the only one that jumped for the ball and was left trying to clean up someone else's sh!t. I think it was Maldini's man that got away. The second goal was a gift and luck with the deflection. All of our goals were brilliant though.
I can see the team get attacked by fans for taking the game to the last second, which is true. They deserve it because we should have killed off the game after our very first goal. People will also say that we SCRAPED through, but in fact I am pleased with our CL showing this year. We are in a REALLY TOUGH group and managed top of the group. Everyone says Chelsea are favorites, but they got the same ammount of points as us, even though I think that their group is weaker then ours. The fact that they quallified with a game to spare with ONLY 9 points shows that their group is a lot weaker. On the other hand, the "not so very galacticos" only managed 10 points in one of the most mediocre groups in this year's campaign. So what I am saying is, we did well. Yea we did not qualify with 2 games to spare or even 1, but we can't do that every year. The defence is warrying though and we do need someone quick. The season is long and I believe we will turn the gears up against inter and continue that way in serie A as well. Lets remain confident huh? I know we have our oppinions about the game, but lets look at the positive side. We are through as group winners.
Are we watching the same match? Pippo has been running everywhere for balls and looks to be one of our only goal threats.
Nesta's fault? Did you notice that the man Nesta was covering got no where near the ball and Nesta was up trying to cover someone else's man and almost managed to head away. Did you also notice that he was the only Milan player that jumped to try and head away?
yes, I saw it again later and Sheva was covering Paulsen, its sheva's fault.
shevagol_7
06-12-2005, 17:06
shevagol_7 posted all I wanted to post and especially about Rino, like I have posted before it is good to excite the fans, work hard for the team, etc. but this is unacceptable Milan player or not
I am hoping that the club will take action against Gattuso, and he comes out and publicly apologizes. But then again I did see Galliani hugging Rino at the end of the match, I'll be interested in seeing how this plays out.
seedorf played a great game in the second half, kaka brilliant as i said in the first half. But our defence looks really slow, does anybody know where Cafu is???? we'll need him for Inter game becouse Maldini doesnt look fit, and aldough simic played good I want to see cafu back. lets hope we do something in january, we really need some refreshment in defence.
Ok we won, good result against Schalke. I believe all of you have watched a big chunk of Milan games this season. We are seriously playing well below our standards. If our play does not improve exponentially against Inter, this season is a slowly sinking. You know in the past two seasons, even though we found it hard to beat low to mid-level teams there was always a high level of confidence that our positive and clinical play would see us through.I don't see none of that this season. 14 league games into the season we are struggling too much. I always listen open heartedly to comments from in the forum about areas we should improve. And I like the good judgement of people like Triniman and Laudrup, who always offer positive analysis, after Milan has had some missteps. But Rastaman watching Milan this season has got to give you some mini ulcers, even though we are second in the league.
But the way Milan are playing this season is a major cause of concern. After Milan beat Juve, I remember posting that we played like crap, and that there was nothing positive we could draw from that result. People abused me on that forum; yet can any serious, diehard football, Milan fan or not disagree with me that if Juve played us on Sunday we would lose. Juve are a few notches above us, not just in play, but in points.
Most of you will point to the noticeable fact that the season is still young. And I know that its not how you start but how you finish. Milan are still in first gear, and we are finding it hard to get to second. By January we shoul be kicking serious ass, and not losing gimme matches like Chievo.
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 17:23
Gattuso kind of made me happy when I saw him celebrate in his face, and the schalke player just gave him a thumb up.. Thats when I felt how amateurish was Gattuso's reaction..
Anyway, now that there is no emotions I can talk without any influence from the feelings I had.
Inzaghi was wonderful today, Sheva was average, our second goal was all because of him, but still he lost the ball often and we are lucky for the 3rd goal that Kaka was there to finish up Sheva's mess. He missed an open goal from 2 yards outside the 6 yard box. He completely missed the ball, unlike his chance vs Chievo that he at least touched. Kaka was a BIG concern in first half, his performance was not that good.. but in the 2nd half he played well with keeping the ball and wasting time.
Seedorf again, bad first half, but truly outstanding in 2nd half. His possession-keep game is just amazing, maybe one of the best around the world. Pirlo was good today, not great not bad, but his free-kick was probably the best I've seen from him ever. Pirlo was shouted at by the fans towards the end of the game cuz he tried to be fancy and take on 3 players outside the Milan box and he lost the ball. Thank god our BRILLIANT Nesta was there to clear AGAIN after errors from the midfield.
Gattuso was again bad in the first half although he ran the most as usual. In 2nd half he improved alot towards the end.
But guys, A HUGE CAUSE FOR CONCERN was how we defended when we started 2nd half. When we got the ball, we simply just shot it away waiting for them to come back. Or we woudl try sending long balls from defence to Sheva or Kaka to run with it. We played on the counter attack, ON HOME, when we needed the win, vs Schalke, how humuliating is that? We played like that until we scored the 3rd goal which was also a counter attack, but I thank god for how lucky we were that when Sheva missed the shot, Kaka was in the right position to take it and score.
Pippo's volley from Serginho's class was WONDERFUL. There was also another chance for pippo that was incorrectly ruled offside, I loved his reaction, you really can see that he gives EVERYTHING for his shirt. He literally was gonna cry from how angry he was at the ref. If u dont believe me, just look at his face after he got ruled offside. He really deserves a big round of applause. Gila did not do much when he came on, when he got the ball he made an EXTREMELY disappointing back pass to Seedorf which would have resulted in a goal if it was a big team, their midfielder ended up passing 2 of our players after the pass but he was fouled.
Our biggest problem at the moment is our determination. Our mentality at the moment is absolutely BULL as you can see from Chievo, Lecce and this game. Im really thankful we lost, but we will not be this lucky again. We need to earn the victories next time. I really hope Ancelotti talks to his players and tries to improve their attitude.
Anyway, all I can do is just hope that our players improve cuz no matter how much I explain how wrong they were, they will not be affected by my opinion.
ROSSONERI SIAMO NOI! :)
_MaJi_tz
06-12-2005, 17:27
Now Its Time For Inter
Gattuso Is Te Best
Dario Simic's cut was 7 cm.
Doesn't sound like much, but trying drawing a 7 cm. line on your head!!!
ouch!!!
10 stitches
triniman
06-12-2005, 19:00
First off.....good win......a win is a win in my book...ugly, nice, neat , attractive...all though adjectives do not go up on the score board at the end of the day....a little something i learnt from juventus for all there "winning" seasons
Unto the play of the players...
I did not see the full game..just the highlights and from what i saw we played ok in spurts....nerves got the better of us today and we played as such....very tentative at times and not our usual calm self....
our biggest problem....which we can all see is set pieces....we continue to allow attackers to apporach through our blindside and score goals...toni did it and it happened today as well.....
but talk of our defense lacking character as some put it is not the case.......when we look at it really we are not bad so far this season in the league...compare our tally this year to that of 4 years ago or even last year and you will see we are porbably on par........we just have to regain confidence when in tight situations......we still have the never say die attitude of years gone by...it's just the holding on to the lead part that we seem to suffer flashbacks of istanbul and La Razor ....but like my grandmother says ..."time heals all wounds" and sone ours will heal as well....as we progress we will slowly regain our confidence...this game will go a big part in doing that...and i expect to see milan again in the finals this year......
by only concern now is that we don;t have to play chelsea in the second round ..i rather take them on in the quarters and upwards....
and as for rosso's remarks.....yeah....milan did give me a few panic attacks this seasons
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 19:49
but talk of our defense lacking character as some put it is not the case.......when we look at it really we are not bad so far this season in the league...compare our tally this year to that of 4 years ago or even last year and you will see we are porbably on par
Maybe you forgot, but 4 seasons ago our objectives were not the same as they are for the past 2 seasons. 15 goals in 14 games is unacceptable for a side like Milan who I believe conceded only 9 for the first 19games 2 years ago. They did it before, and they certainly have the ability to do it again, it is infact their character.
.it's just the holding on to the lead part that we seem to suffer flashbacks of istanbul and La Razor ....but like my grandmother says ..."time heals all wounds" and sone ours will heal as well....
I dont know about you, but losing a 4-1 lead while having the best defence in Europe, and also losing a 3-0 lead in the space of 6 minutes whilst having the best defensive european record all season, is certainly not only a flashback. We could have won the champions league in both those season if it wasnt for those "flashbacks". A flashback is like the game we lost vs Udinese in the season we won the Serie A. A game like Sampdoria this season.
"time heals all wounds" ? Are you serious? You think we are only playing bad because we are in bad form? You think without looking into our problems and trying to fix them, our wounds will be healed? I really dont understand you being too optimistic.
It is true a win is a win, 6-0 or 3-2, attractive or not attractive, but if you decide to ignore all the troubles we have been having recently against Lecce, Chievo and today, then i will tell you that you are wrong. If it did not harm us today, it will harm us later, we are lucky that we didnt pay for our mistake today.
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 19:52
Gattuso did something today that no matter how bad he wanted to do he never should have done. When the final whistle went he went over to Poulsen and started to celebrate in his face. :p231: Not a classy thing to do, and that's one thing I pride Milan on there class. I mean I strongly dislike Poulsen but I couldn't believe my eyes to see a Milan player acting in such a way. :wow: . I can see how it was brought about Poulsen is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen and there was a lot of bad blood between the two sides. Look for a suspension to a Schalke player he spit on a linesman today and it was clearly caught on camera. Ugly incident.
Overall I am happy that we are through. But to win the Champions league we need to put in better performances.
Agree with you - though it probably brought satisfaction to many Milan faithfuls, celebrating in an oponent's face is not a classy thing to do, even if his name is Poulsen.
BTW, I believe it was Poulsen who spit on the linesman, I saw it on replay too. There will be some very, very heavy sanctions for this guy, and possibly for Schalke too.
i think the way we are playing is kinda similar to barca pre-rijkaard and louis van gaal II ....they played great and were always underrated, never the favorites ... but once they gave up a goal there was no way back... in our case its alot better were there is a way back but theres also a bigger chance that the opponent can equalise and win it aswell.
Hitmannq8,
I can' resist to quote Groucho Marx, now that I read your phrase "time heals all wounds"...
he said "time wounds all heels" ;)
hitmannq8
06-12-2005, 19:56
Hitmannq8,
I can' resist to quote Groucho Marx, now that I read your phrase "time heals all wounds"...
he said "time wounds all heels" ;)
really? i thought it was the other way around.. thanks though
i wasnt trying to quote that phrase, triniman quoted it and i just thought it was not the case
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 20:03
really? i thought it was the other way around.. thanks though
i wasnt trying to quote that phrase, triniman quoted it and i just thought it was not the case
I am guessing you don't have any idea who Groucho Marx is or what SANT meant. :smileani:
Take it easy and enjoy the moment, I mean, after all does it really matter what we are discussing here? Guess we are just scratching an itch for those who make the decisions aren't exactly interested in our opinions or anything, they will do what they think has to be done and that's it.
Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!
shevagol_7
06-12-2005, 20:30
Agree with you - though it probably brought satisfaction to many Milan faithfuls, celebrating in an oponent's face is not a classy thing to do, even if his name is Poulsen.
BTW, I believe it was Poulsen who spit on the linesman, I saw it on replay too. There will be some very, very heavy sanctions for this guy, and possibly for Schalke too.
Apparantly it was Krstaijc. Terrible to do on an official It doesn't show where the spit lands but it's clear because he is yapping away at the linesman then spits. I don't see why he wasn't sent off.
Angel_Cic
06-12-2005, 21:15
Apparantly it was Krstaijc. Terrible to do on an official It doesn't show where the spit lands but it's clear because he is yapping away at the linesman then spits. I don't see why he wasn't sent off.
if one of you guys finds a source for what happened, i'd really like to read it. those kinds of actions should have consequences...it's morally wrong, disgusting, but as well, it was caught on tape! ughh.
anyway, i watched maybe the last 20 min., and this is what i got out of it:
Pippo: he always plays with such heart. he ran after the ball, did his part, and found himself in some really good positions, but just couldn't get it in.
Kaka': two words: KICKED A$S! :D i saw the highlights of his goals and think he played an amazing game. he truly proved himself today as an all around player. he always contributes, but we need him to become consistent in this type of playing.
Pirlo: ARCHITECT! that's what comes to mind. he's such a quiet player who get's the job done. he makes plays happen!
Gattuso: ok so what he did at the end wasn't mature, but i thought it was kinda cute...it was like..."aha...take that jerk!" lol. i mean, i'm sure Poulsan was provoking him (including our other players) the whole game. i'm sorry, but i had to laugh after seeing him act this way (even though i knew it was wrong).
Seedorf: i've never had a huge problem with him. he is consistent. today was a good day for him. near the end he was doing a good job in protecting the ball, but most importantly, he was tough offensively.
Too bad Liverpool didn't finish second in their group because I want to play them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad
Not sure why we all know what happened last time :p017: :5drunk: :p283: :guw:
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 22:02
Not sure why we all know what happened last time :p017: :5drunk: :p283: :guw:
something that won't happen again in a million years, I guess - a team two classes below their rivals won the CL. :bri:
triniman
06-12-2005, 22:04
Maybe you forgot, but 4 seasons ago our objectives were not the same as they are for the past 2 seasons. 15 goals in 14 games is unacceptable for a side like Milan who I believe conceded only 9 for the first 19games 2 years ago. They did it before, and they certainly have the ability to do it again, it is infact their character.
I dont know about you, but losing a 4-1 lead while having the best defence in Europe, and also losing a 3-0 lead in the space of 6 minutes whilst having the best defensive european record all season, is certainly not only a flashback. We could have won the champions league in both those season if it wasnt for those "flashbacks". A flashback is like the game we lost vs Udinese in the season we won the Serie A. A game like Sampdoria this season.
"time heals all wounds" ? Are you serious? You think we are only playing bad because we are in bad form? You think without looking into our problems and trying to fix them, our wounds will be healed? I really dont understand you being too optimistic.
It is true a win is a win, 6-0 or 3-2, attractive or not attractive, but if you decide to ignore all the troubles we have been having recently against Lecce, Chievo and today, then i will tell you that you are wrong. If it did not harm us today, it will harm us later, we are lucky that we didnt pay for our mistake today.
I see you have not understood what i was saying so i will break it down further......
4 years ago the pace at which we are playing and the number of points we would have acquired we would be on top.....barring this season with the pace at which juve are setting and 2 seasons ago when we set that crazy pace and set a new record...besides those 2 incidences we would be on top or probably 1 point off.....
now althoigh this means nothing right now it does show that we are not as "bad" as what people want to make out.....
yes we have or had the best defense defense in the world...but a defense, or any team for that matter without confidence means nothing....and that is our problem...confidence...after that 4-1 reversal in depor our confidence has not been the same.....the 3-0 in istanbul made it even worse......
to put it bluntly we have problems with teams who want it more than we do...who , even when it looks impossible fight till the very end .....we saw it even this weekend against cheivo...when they were down they fought like animlas to get back....combine our lack in confidence with our complancey with set pieces and we have serious issues.....
Which brings me full circle .....this match that we just won will do alot to instill some confidence in the team....this was a do or die match and we did what we had to do...it was not pretty , but it showed that we can hold a lead and get the result...which will only help the players.....and help the team
and to close off...about me being optimistic....it not really...it more a matter of i don't over-react and make situations worse than they really are.....put it down to my upbringing or the fact that as a future engineer that i have been thought to put logic first ..but the point is that a calm head usually wins and that is what we need to do...especially when we have sooooooooooooo much of the season remaining
zlatanov
06-12-2005, 22:06
and to close off...about me being optimistic....it not really...it more a matter of i don't over-react and make situations worse than they really are.....put it down to my upbringing or the fact that as a future engineer that i have been thought to put logic first ..but the point is that a calm head usually wins and that is what we need to do...especially when we have sooooooooooooo much of the season remaining
Amin. There are some people here who would really benefit from reading this passage at least 2-3 times.
Anyone will believe that this will be the turning point of the season or?
MilanPerSempre
07-12-2005, 03:18
Anyone will believe that this will be the turning point of the season or?
This is certainly a good win for the moral of the players. But the real turning point will be after the winter break i think. The players will have a rest during that period and I also hope we can get a new defender.
Thanks God that we finally made it through after struggling much against Shalke. We were kept on our nerves for the final 30 minutes but our players were ready to fight. There must be a quick solution to our defensive frailities before it proves to be very costly afterwards. We are already off the pace domestically thanks to terrible defending. I have to say I am not impressed at all with Nesta's recent performances and the central defence partnership of him and Stam is proving vulnerable in recent matches. We have won thanks to Kaka's brilliance and the grit and spirit of our players in the second half. Our overall performance was badly affected by the tense atmosphere of the match and the critical period we are going through. Even though Sheva didn't score and wasted a sitter before Kaka collected the lose ball and managed to score, I believe he has put in huge efforts and had a good match in holding up the ball while we were under pressure. Shalke was a real test to us because of the physical nature of their game and their continous fighting throughout. We were extremely unlucky as we were forced to make two subs with injuries to legendary capitano Maldini and his substitute Simic. Finally the coming period would be very crucial in our quest to catch up with Juve as there would be no European football till February we can switch our full attention to the domestic front. Looking forward for the annual derby victory against Inter next week.
savage_mau
07-12-2005, 08:19
Finally Milan won the match as group leader.But there is so many weakness in Milan squad especially from the defender. 2 goal by schalke at San Siro??even though we won the 2 goal we gave a way is terrible.....
Warro Bantan
07-12-2005, 10:07
Warren, what od you think? If the defense is so bad, is it the coach's problem, or the players' problem? I'm asking for your honest opinion.
And, for the first time, I must admit, I think the players are the one to blame.
The problem I think Jeff, is that when it comes to set pieces, the players, especially the forwards, tend to forget why they are there.
So lets review this latest lapse, or rather the lapses...as the second also originated from a set piece...
The first, Sheva was to blame..he lost Poulsen, and Nesta, in a panic, mistimed his jump. For the second, we get the ball clear to Serginho, who, strangely, passes it horizontally accross the edge of the 18 yd box, straight to Lincoln...who then shoots, the ball is deflected by Sheva, and they are back in the game at 3-2.
What needs to happen IMO is that Carlo should bring in more amateur teams to play us in practice matches, as I think the players dont exhert themselves 100% when training vs each other, thus reducing the risk of injury to a teammate.
With an "outside" team, the players get more "realistic" practice, and if it is a "practice" game, cant the match just consist of defending corners and free-kicks from the angles of the 18?
Having defined the origin of the problem, and offered a possible soloution, let me go on to answer the question:
I think its both the coach, and the players who are to blame. A striker who misses sitters, and fails to perform defensively (a la Sheva) should sit out the next game, and in this case, derby or no, based on his current form, Sheva should ponder his defensive lapses from the bench...coming on at half time if we need him.
But honestly Jeff, I think we have caught the "galactico virus", and as such, if Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka and Sheva are fit, then they start. Simple as that...and to go a step further...if Maldini is even slightly injured, ie not 100%, then he still starts, and we lose a sub by having to replace him the first time he makes a 50 yard run at pace.
So, IMO, its a combination of playing Maldini (who wont come off the bench) when not 100%(thus causing a defensive reshuffle midgame), lack of concentration by the players (and as this game, and the one vs Chievo showed...its not limited to the forwards), and insufficient preparation in training....hence the coach being partly responsible.
I have to run now, but I will post my player ratings when I get back in office...I was lucky enought to watch the match twice yesterday, so like McArthur...I shall return!
Warro Bantan
07-12-2005, 10:20
Anyone will believe that this will be the turning point of the season or?
Wish I could say that...thought the turning point was the defeat of Juve..but no, we went and stumbled again....and again.
Maybe the turning point will be the match vs Inter..which will go a long way in determining who will be chasing Juve after the winter break.
A loss for either Milan team in the derby would practically eliminate the loser from the chase.
However, insofar as the UCL is concerned, I think that maybe this is the case, a hard fought match, against reasonably good opponents, a must win game, and we delivered.
Stezagud
07-12-2005, 11:02
Warro, Would you really drop Sheva for the derby?
hitmannq8
07-12-2005, 13:41
No one would drop Sheva for any game no matter how terrible his form is, although he really has played 2 disappointing games in a row. Im convinced that Sheva will return to form as the derby is always a great game for our players, and I believe the derby will be the turning point of the season, and not the game vs Schalke.
Im sad to see many people giving Kaka all the credit and simply saying Nesta has been playing very bad recently. Thats a huge problem with many people, they never give enough credit to our defenders. Problem is, for every mistake our defenders make, they score and that cannot be fixed, but for every mistake our strikers make, they simply miss and can make it up. Im pretty sure Kaka, Sheva, Gila, Pippo and Vieri have made far far more mistakes than our defenders so far. No one should be blaming Nesta and Stam as they have been putting really really really impressive performances if you exclude all the goals they scored against us from setpieces.
Warro Bantan
07-12-2005, 14:38
Stezagud, to be honest, I would. (Obviously, I would bring him on for the second half, but only if we were losing.)
The thing is, (and I do appreciate that he nearly lost his life from an elbow or head to head contact that resulted in him having to wear a titanium plate for a while) he seems reluctant to head clear crosses to the zone or person he is marking on set plays.
This has to be addressed. If he insists on coming back to mark, or if it is that Carlo so insists, then some punishment needs to be meeted out to the player for abject failure to complete an assignment....lucky for Serghino...he always has a good game vs Inter, and we are a little short at the back, so he will prob start, though for me, those two guilty parties would rub the bench, so as to give them time to contemplate the error of their ways.
And somehow I dont believe this is the first set piece that Sheva has failed to pick up his marker this season....nor was it Serghino´s first defensive gaffe that cost us a goal.
The club I support, is called AC Milan. I admire Rui Costa, Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, et al, however NONE of them are more important than the club I love. Therefore, no one is untouchable. Not when we spent 20Million in the summer to aquire a young, talented striker...Who by the way, needs to have the ball played into him on his feet more often, but because he is strong, and good in the air, we play the long ball when he is on the pitch...
I wont argue that some starters have no "real" subs...but that is a task for Braida and Galliani to solve. We need to adopt the Chelsea model, by having two quality players for each position.
This is the only way we can effectively compete both in Europe, and domestically.
zlatanov
07-12-2005, 15:07
No one would drop Sheva for any game no matter how terrible his form is, although he really has played 2 disappointing games in a row. Im convinced that Sheva will return to form as the derby is always a great game for our players, and I believe the derby will be the turning point of the season, and not the game vs Schalke.
Im sad to see many people giving Kaka all the credit and simply saying Nesta has been playing very bad recently. Thats a huge problem with many people, they never give enough credit to our defenders. Problem is, for every mistake our defenders make, they score and that cannot be fixed, but for every mistake our strikers make, they simply miss and can make it up. Im pretty sure Kaka, Sheva, Gila, Pippo and Vieri have made far far more mistakes than our defenders so far. No one should be blaming Nesta and Stam as they have been putting really really really impressive performances if you exclude all the goals they scored against us from setpieces.
well said.
When it comes to set piece, it's the team's problem. ANd I think some of you have a good point: Some players are not aware of the problems of set piece. I don't know why, but it seems that they are not even consciously aware of this problem DURING the game, however obvious.
Warro Bantan
07-12-2005, 17:12
From acmilan.com:
LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: MILAN-SCHALKE 04 RATINGS
12/7/2005
MILAN: Dida 5; Stam 6, Nesta 5.5, Maldini 6 (Simic 6, Kaladze n.r.), Serginho 6; Gattuso 7, Pirlo 7, Seedorf 5.5; Kakà 8; Shevchenko 6, Inzaghi 6 (Gilardino n.r.). Coach: Ancelotti 6.
My ratings:
Dida: though partially to blame for the equaliser (he hesitated, then stayed on his line) not a bad game overall...he couldnt save the second: 6
Stam: 6.5...not a bad game, but seems a bit out of sorts wide on the right...should be more central.
Nesta: Good game, cool as usual, panicked a little on the Poulsen goal, but a good performace all round: 6
Maldini: Not at his best, made a mistake that proved costly, in that it cost us his services, after a mad dash to try to recover from his misplaced pass: 5.5
Simic: Played well, very solid 6.5 replaced by Kaladze: Looked a little nervous in the middle, but cleared when he had to: 6.5
Serginho: His mistake cost us a goal, and made us so nervous in the last 1/3rd of the game: 5.5
Gattuso: Atad below par in the first, much improved in the second, never stopped running, but lost his composure for a yellow, and lost a little of my respect for his post match behaviour: 7
Pirlo: WHAT A FREEKICK! No one in the world hits it like this guy...Juninho may score more often, but the Pirlo kick is unique in its delivery:7.5
Seedorf: Good performance, a little below his best, but good nevertheless:6.8
Kakà: Our very own, tall "Mighty Mouse"...Here I come to save the day!!! A brace that gifted us advancement in the second round. Below par in the first half, but Schalke´s decision to come out and attack gave him space..one thing you NEVER give Kaka: 8
Shevchenko: The Ukraine bomber gets his worst rating from me in history...for gifting the opponents a goal, and missing a sitter..his only saving grace, his strong run that ended up with Kaka scoring his first: 5.5
Inzaghi:6Good performance...unlucky not to score.. (Gilardino n.r.).
Coach: Ancelotti : Got it right this time: 7.
triniman
07-12-2005, 18:38
well..if we can play like this and win...what can we do when we are on our game ??????
oh...and on a totally coincidential note....of sorts.....vieri was just given the golden flop award....this award for those who don;t know is gievn to the worst players in the serie A in the season.....he won by a landslide....
why do i bring this up you might ask...???
well the last milan player to win the award was rivaldo back in 2003...everyone called him a flop everyone wanted him out....but he was part of the team that went on to win the CL that season...although he did not play in the final match...
my point..???
history repeats itself....especially milan's history......
conclusion.....
Watch out!! Cl destiny is in our future
shevagol_7
07-12-2005, 22:17
oh...and on a totally coincidential note....of sorts.....vieri was just given the golden flop award....this award for those who don;t know is gievn to the worst players in the serie A in the season.....he won by a landslide....
why do i bring this up you might ask...???
well the last milan player to win the award was rivaldo back in 2003...everyone called him a flop everyone wanted him out....but he was part of the team that went on to win the CL that season...although he did not play in the final match...
my point..???
history repeats itself....especially milan's history......
conclusion.....
Watch out!! Cl destiny is in our future
Sorry Trini Rivaldo won the golden bin after our CL success. He won it at the start of the scudetto season around the time they tore up his contract.
But still we are going to take the trophy with big ears :p283: !
Wow I'm so happy that Milan won 3-2 and qulify to next round of champoin
league. I just loved Pirlo goal it was amazing . I also adore Kaka second and
third goal. Kaka in this game was the key player of our win so
Thank you Kaka. Our defence is being the weakest line in our team
why and why I asked my self but no answer. As always Milan player saves
Ancelotti head. we need to do well in winter transfer and for sure we
need to sighn defender as Stam will leaves us and cafue is being way
for injury. I was so sad that Maldini had to leave game due to injury
Forza Milan
Forza Pirlo - Kaka and Gutosso
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.