View Full Version : Ciao from California!
ukrainian_CA
01-02-2006, 21:48
Hola from sunny CA state.
I have been living and playing football in California for 13 years now.
I am not a pro of course. I just grew up in a football-nut family, and have watched all World Cups starting from Argentina 78.
Attended the 3rd-place game in Los Angeles 1994.
The toughest WC to watch was in 2002 because of the time zone(s).
I had been a devoted Dnepr fan in 83 till 89, while my dad supported
Dynamo Kyev all his live (Lobanovsky was his idol, I think very highly of him too).
I was in already California when my dad told me about Sheva.
I thought he was exaggerating. Then we had Barca 3-0 in Kiev and 4-0 in Catalunia.
And I started to pay attention. Watched Real got beat next....
I could not believe when I heard a rumor about Milan paying huge $$$ for our Sheva ... and still cannot belive how well he played and is playing for Milan.... Here, last year I started to follow our great star in Series A and in the CL, and most importantly in the World Cup qualifiers. Ukraine is through, we made it to the WC, finally and I look forward to watching our team in Germany (hopefully live)!
Go Ukraine!
P.S. I hated to watch Russia's games (all but the Greece in Euro-04).
Egoistka
01-02-2006, 21:56
Hola from sunny CA state.
P.S. I hated to watch Russia's games (all but the Greece in Euro-04).
So obviously you do not like russians...Welcome anyway, hope you gonna like it here.
Russian team needs a constant normal coach, not like Yartsev...someone who ll support the team, help them to get together, develop team work and trust. It is easy to put dirt on a team, but a lot more difficult to help.
(be very careful, I am a patriot... :firedev: :))
welcome!
im from kiev, so im obviously rooting for them in the world cup
You still haven't mentioned where exactly you're from in ukraine, though
You speak russian or ukrainian?
Welcome to MM, hope you have fun here
welcome
catch a little bit of sun for me :)
see ya
ukrainian_CA
01-02-2006, 22:54
welcome!
You still haven't mentioned where exactly you're from in ukraine, though
You speak russian or ukrainian?
Dnepr city. Both.
ukrainian_CA
01-02-2006, 23:01
So obviously you do not like russians...(be very careful, I am a patriot... :firedev: :))
Not so obvious, what is obvious is that you generalize sometimes -
I rooted for Russians in the world and euro cups.
I am a russian citizen and reside in Moscow once I travel to Russia which I do almost annualy. Also, I have some other interest there too.
I have nothing against your Zenit (though I cherish memories of Zenit getting trounced 5-1 or 6-1 on the snow in Piter in Nov. 86 which I attended) and your beautiful city that I love much more than the capital. I actually love Kiev almost as much.
So, please refrain from generalizing personal conclusions. Most of them are off anyway.
ukrainian_CA
01-02-2006, 23:43
posted a picture in my favorite jersey in the members lounge .
MilanPerSempre
02-02-2006, 00:51
Welcome!!! Have fun!!! :)
Welcome to :de3: Inferno Rossonero :de3: mateP.S. I hated to watch Russia's games (all but the Greece in Euro-04).Me too :respect:
I recall one match in Moscow, I guess... it was pouring cats and dogs when Sheva scored a last minute long range goal and equalized the score... russians where out of the tournament... :5ok: I was exited :grinser:
Forza Sheva
Forza Milan
:firedev:
ukrainian_CA
02-02-2006, 03:48
Welcome to :de3: Inferno Rossonero :de3: mateMe too :respect:
I recall one match in Moscow, I guess... it was pouring cats and dogs when Sheva scored a last minute long range goal and equalized the score... russians where out of the tournament... :5ok: I was exited :grinser:
Forza Sheva
Forza Milan
:firedev:
It was a blunder by the russian goalia i heard. Sheva hit a free kick from a side line, and the Ukes made it once again to the play-offs (Slovenia or Croatia...?)
Yeah... I know that cuz I have seen whole match... but I enjoyed the sound of stadium so much :D... there was scilence that you could hear Sheva's celebration :tong:
Egoistka
02-02-2006, 06:36
Not so obvious, what is obvious is that you generalize sometimes -
I rooted for Russians in the world and euro cups.
I am a russian citizen and reside in Moscow once I travel to Russia which I do almost annualy. Also, I have some other interest there too.
I have nothing against your Zenit (though I cherish memories of Zenit getting trounced 5-1 or 6-1 on the snow in Piter in Nov. 86 which I attended) and your beautiful city that I love much more than the capital. I actually love Kiev almost as much.
So, please refrain from generalizing personal conclusions. Most of them are off anyway.
I am sorry if I was wrong... :nail:
By the way from 86 a lot of time passed, and now Zenit is a completely different team....
Welcome to MM...enjoy!
btw what's your name
Welcome dude... I am also in SoCal... San Diego
It was a blunder by the russian goalia i heard. Sheva hit a free kick from a side line, and the Ukes made it once again to the play-offs (Slovenia or Croatia...?)
it was slovenia, who they lost to in the playoffs
ukraine-russia was the 1st ukraine match i remember.
russia scored 1st on a free kick, but then sheva scored on the error by the keeper
we were so close to making it then, we were above france in the table for most of the qualifiers, and only lost 1st place in the very last game
ACMILAN1983
02-02-2006, 16:22
welcome :)
ukrainian_CA
02-02-2006, 17:56
Welcome dude... I am also in SoCal... San Diego
I had lived in Southern Cal for 6 years. went to the University of South Central. As I got out, there were plenty of jobs up north, Silicon valley.
I am in the electronics industry... are you to? SanJose, SanFco. and cities in between?
ukrainian_CA
02-02-2006, 21:12
I am in the electronics industry... are you to? SanJose, SanFco. and cities in between?
San Jose. Semiconductor, semiconductor equipment to be more specific.
I only know Cymer in San Diego in kinda our field...
Carlsbad / Oceanside area has some more. I used to go there often.
Now, I only visit places like SeaWorld, Zoos, Legoland etc. Kids love it, especially after a 2 night stop in Disneyland.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.