Sash22
11-02-2006, 15:33
I wanted to talk with u people about the purpose of this thing called "eu status" that is given to european players, and all clubs are limited to have in their squads only three non-eu players... I can see the point of that, it's supposed to protect the european football and not being totally overwhelmed by players mostly from S. America and Africa. But there's two major "errors
" in that policy that I wanted to discuss:
1. We already talked about how east-european football is badly mistreated by the uefa and its establishments, but this will say it all... east-european players aren't "eu" players!!! Don't they have maps in uefa headquarters??? Talking about Poland, Czech Rep., former Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Russia and more aren't considered as "european" countries and therefore their represantatives may have problems to play in western clubs... is that wrong or is that wrong??? That should be fixed that.
2. I saw Inter's game last week... they had 10 (!!!) non-eu players on the pitch: Cesar, Adriano (Brazil), Cordoba (Colom.), Stankovich (Serbia) Samuel, Zanetti, Burdisso, Cambiasso, Veron and Cruz all argentinians... and all their subs amazingly were non-european (Recoba, Killy and Pizarro) and infact only Figo was european player.
The thing is that if u have (west) european citizenship u automatically become an "eu" player without any limitations, and more and more clubs have tendency to acquire foreigner players that after 3 years become "local".
P.S. So as u can see "eu status" policy isn't effective and in the first case even wrong, I heard that Uefa planning to establish a new rule that a particular number of players in the squad has to be "home" players, meaning to grow up in club's school (like Maldini or Scholes) but as we all know that many clubs have football schools across the world... some kid can play in "AC Milan" school in Brazil and then brought to europe as he get grown up and to be considered as a "home" player, so I can't see how it can solve the problem.
" in that policy that I wanted to discuss:
1. We already talked about how east-european football is badly mistreated by the uefa and its establishments, but this will say it all... east-european players aren't "eu" players!!! Don't they have maps in uefa headquarters??? Talking about Poland, Czech Rep., former Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Russia and more aren't considered as "european" countries and therefore their represantatives may have problems to play in western clubs... is that wrong or is that wrong??? That should be fixed that.
2. I saw Inter's game last week... they had 10 (!!!) non-eu players on the pitch: Cesar, Adriano (Brazil), Cordoba (Colom.), Stankovich (Serbia) Samuel, Zanetti, Burdisso, Cambiasso, Veron and Cruz all argentinians... and all their subs amazingly were non-european (Recoba, Killy and Pizarro) and infact only Figo was european player.
The thing is that if u have (west) european citizenship u automatically become an "eu" player without any limitations, and more and more clubs have tendency to acquire foreigner players that after 3 years become "local".
P.S. So as u can see "eu status" policy isn't effective and in the first case even wrong, I heard that Uefa planning to establish a new rule that a particular number of players in the squad has to be "home" players, meaning to grow up in club's school (like Maldini or Scholes) but as we all know that many clubs have football schools across the world... some kid can play in "AC Milan" school in Brazil and then brought to europe as he get grown up and to be considered as a "home" player, so I can't see how it can solve the problem.