View Full Version : Travelling alone?
Giovanni
15-02-2006, 18:33
would you ever do that? have you ever done it?
I have a plan to go to northern Scandinavia alone (maybe Nord Kapp), i think this itinerary suits perfectly the solo trip and esp the lights, the silences, the relation with nature can get even better than, for ex., a solo trip in the overpacked Rimini Riviera.
I've never travelled alone but i think i will because it's an important chance to make a great experience; many people who done it say it's an amazing experience because it forces you to meet a lot of people and to get in deeper contact with locals, much more you would with companions.
I'm thinking about it for time to come
im too young... i dont like being alone in another country... id rather have atleast one of my friends
but good luck n e ways gio
would you ever do that? have you ever done it?
I have a plan to go to northern Scandinavia alone (maybe Nord Kapp), i think this itinerary suits perfectly the solo trip and esp the lights, the silences, the relation with nature can get even better than, for ex., a solo trip in the overpacked Rimini Riviera.
I've never travelled alone but i think i will because it's an important chance to make a great experience; many people who done it say it's an amazing experience because it forces you to meet a lot of people and to get in deeper contact with locals, much more you would with companions.
I'm thinking about it for time to come
I been travelling alone several times and I like it. It forces me to talk with people and make new friends, something that does not happen as much if I go with someone else. It is also nice to have this freedom to do what I want always and to never have to wait for someone. Downside is of course group activities and that I would sometimes end up with none to do things with.
I been to Goa, India and Bulgaria on my own. I am very likely to go on several trips on my own this year.
You better not dare skip contacting me if you come anywhere near Luleå.
Giovanni
15-02-2006, 18:41
well i'm another one who is fine with loud and crazy people but i feel i must do such kind of travel sooner or later to discover how i would react in difficult or just different situations
Giovanni
15-02-2006, 18:46
You better not dare skip contacting me if you come anywhere near Luleå.
of course, even though if this will happen it will be in the next years, but never say never :rock3:
I think it's a sort of surviving trip, you have to deal differently with problems and have care of your goods, but i think that if you are good enough you can find company everywhere
im too young... i dont like being alone in another country... id rather have atleast one of my friends
Same situation with me...
Last year I was with my friends on trip to one mountain near my town, we were walking about 8 h through one forest, it was beautiful expierience, we are planing to go again this year...Here are couple of pictures:
http://slibe.com/images/67772d6e-scan0002a_jpg.jpg (http://slibe.com)
http://slibe.com/images/5b04bd53-scan0001_jpg.jpg (http://slibe.com)
Check this wonderful view that we got when we got on the top of that mountain:
http://slibe.com/images/0443e6bc-Pogled_sa_Majevi.jpg (http://slibe.com)
Gio, go do it... I've done it several times... actually last spring I went from home to New York, then Milano, then Barcelona and then Amsterdam and back home in a couple of weeks... by myself... just met with a few friends in Spain... it really forces you to outcome the fear of being alone with the monsters inside yourself...
and talk to strangers, who could be really nice people...
just make sure you stay out of trouble, and any risky situation... and that your family and/or friends know where you're supposed to be when, just in case...
Good luck!
Billy_Montreal
15-02-2006, 19:48
I have done it various times and also like it very much. After my first degree I travelled through Europe for about 4 months and met up with friends here and there but for a good part of the way found myself doing everything from teaching Brazilian tourists to play hockey in Nice...on a yacht party with Saudi's in Monaco and debating the finer points of U.S. Foreign policy with French tourists in England. Sometimes lifelong relationships are formed.
My last trip alone (partly for work) was in May when I got to meet the GREAT GIO and DIAVOLO..what else can one ask for!! :1five:
Giovanni
16-02-2006, 03:47
I must say that i easily meet people even when i'm on travel with friends, so that's not the real reason i'd like to experience this kind of thing. It's more related to a sort of "on the road" travel which was very common in the Sixties. In Europe many chose an off the beaten paths destination and left with just the necessary.
mirza those are really nice pics i have to admit... bosnia must be beautiful!! ... its probably a great experience .. i cherish those moments too because ive done things like that with my friends all the time and theyre all great moments!
if university is considered travelling on your own then yes ive done that and it went very bad for me last semester.... i was hoping i can go study in barcelona this semester but the university i applied to was not good enough ... im looking to travel alone once i officially become dependant on myself ... but its probably more fun to have a couple of friends
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.