PDA

View Full Version : The current Barcelona team vs Ajax 95':what team is better?


roni10_levi
27-02-2006, 18:23
as for now,this season,Barcelona looks allmost unbeatable! their unbelievable La Liga and European records and their consistence remind me the unstopable Ajax side between the years 95'-96',when the team was the best in the world and took Europe by a storm.what team do you think is better?

Milan_Mad
27-02-2006, 18:36
Milan nowadays are better than barca :3band:

anyway i voted ajax

mk18
27-02-2006, 18:37
well ... i dont really remember that ajax side since i was only 8 and i was still a year new to football... but i dont consider the current barca side unbeatable at all ... they still have a average defence and valdez is a mess!!! ... their attack is verrrry scary though...

id chose the milan of 2002/2003 up til last season as the best one out of them... balanced on allll fronts! simply perfect, especially the one from 2 years

ACMILAN1983
27-02-2006, 18:41
I don't think the current Barca side can match the Ajax of the mid-90s, which was quite formidable. Barca haven't achieved anything to be compared to them.

SANT
27-02-2006, 18:43
I guess we would never know unless we could make them play against each other, and several games...

for those who don't remember, that Ajax team had, among others:

Van der Saar, Danny Blind, Reiziger, Frank DeBoer, Ronald DeBoer, Clarence Seedorf, Edgar Davids, Patrick Kluivert, Jari Litmannen, Winston Bogarde, etc.

Some of them ended up playing for Milan after they beat us in the 1995 UCL final...
goal almost at the end of regulation time by a 19 y.o. Patrick Kluivert...

I still remember Marco Simone, dreesed in white, sitting down crying after the final whistle.

Acmir^
27-02-2006, 18:48
I don't think the current Barca side can match the Ajax of the mid-90s, which was quite formidable. Barca haven't achieved anything to be compared to them.


yep you're right about that, Ajax definitively :cool:

roni10_levi
07-03-2006, 11:24
I would like to get some more opinions,mates.

pa7uel
07-03-2006, 12:18
Maybe this Barça has to win the CL before making this comparison.

Xudong
07-03-2006, 14:05
I still remember Marco Simone, dreesed in white, sitting down crying after the final whistle.

I remember he was wearing a pair of white shoes too. anyway, that was a very frustrating night. I had such a strong feeling that we would have won to get a final revenge of them taking advantage of us when we weren't in form during the early stage of that turnament. too bad Savicevic hurt himself and couldn't play, massaro was almost useless in that game. :( then again, rumors went that capello was having some problem with dejan and he actually had recovered.. :o

littlemalik
07-03-2006, 20:32
Maybe this Barça has to win the CL before making this comparison.
Agree!!!!!!

GRE-NO-LI
07-03-2006, 22:19
Mid 90's Ajax, for sure.