PDA

View Full Version : Favorite bands


rae
04-03-2006, 08:24
Well, give us yer top ten of music groups you fancy the most :3band:

Here is mine:

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Queen
Nirvana
The Rolling Stones

If any corrections or additions... I am goin to post em here ;)

So c'mon give us yer point of view :rock3:

Vadim
04-03-2006, 14:16
All of yours are in my to 10 too, with some additions :5guitar:

1. Queen
2. Pink Floyd
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Deep Purple
5. The Who
6. The Beatles
7. Nirvana
8. Jimi Hendrix
9. The Rolling Stones
10. The Doors

MilanGirl
04-03-2006, 15:20
Misfits
Ramones
Offspring
Bad Brains
Nirvana
Sex Pistols
Toy Dolls
Rancid
Bad Religion
Ofsajd(that is a punk band from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)

GRE-NO-LI
04-03-2006, 15:29
Hmmm... let's see:

Faust

Henry Cow

Acid Mothers Temple

Jefferson Airplane

Dead Kennedys

Can

Amon Düül II

Univers Zero

Comets on Fire

High Rise

AS13
04-03-2006, 15:57
1. U2
2. Texas
3. Rammstein
4. Queen
5. The Police
6. Depeche Mode
7. The Clash
8. Cranberries
9. Genesis
10. OMD

rae
12-03-2006, 17:40
All of yours are in my to 10 too, with some additions :5guitar:

1. Queen
2. Pink Floyd
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Deep Purple
5. The Who
6. The Beatles
7. Nirvana
8. Jimi Hendrix
9. The Rolling Stones
10. The DoorsJimi is not a band, mate ;)

Edited list:

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Queen
Nirvana
The Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
Blur
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Metallica

Vadim
12-03-2006, 17:55
The Jimi Hendrix experience then :5guitar:

rae
13-03-2006, 05:30
Ooh, I for got to add King Crimson and Oasis :tong:

Jimi Hendrix is one my favorite guitarists along with Jimi Page. He was genious! :star:

Acmir^
13-03-2006, 20:07
1. Iron Maiden
2. Pink Floyd
3. Queen
4. Deep Purple
5. G'N'R
6. The Beatles
7. Alice In Chains
8. Pearl Jam
9. Faith No More
10. Led Zeppelin

i have a lot more but you said top ten :u125:

Graeme C
14-03-2006, 13:12
1. The Prodigy
2. The Cure
3. Fatboy slim
4. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
5. The Hives
6. Chemical Brothers
7. Foo Fighters
8. Beach Boys
9. Bruce springsteen :P
10. No Doubt

mk18
14-03-2006, 13:23
dunno... i change alot

1. Guns N Roses
2. Metallica
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. AC/DC
5. Pink Floyd
6. The Doors
7. Creed
8. Aerosmith
9. Travis
10. The Animals

Bon Jovi probably 11 ... im still unsure about the list though! oh theres also soundgarden, the beatles, and queen!!

rae
15-03-2006, 11:31
i have a lot more but you said top ten :u125::doh: where the phuck I have said this :faint:

:D

rahul.acm
17-03-2006, 09:36
Wow we really listen to some quality stuff!!!

I did not know that so many ppl wud like oldies and rock n roll!

keep it up

mk18
17-03-2006, 11:28
anyone here like eric burdon & the animals??


theyre great... i think they have something similar to the doors... only its mre 60's .. the doors are 70's

rae
17-03-2006, 12:12
Well, I forgot to mention Paul Simon & Art Grafunkel. They are the most beautiful vocal duo ever! :star:

Ördöglány
17-03-2006, 12:42
My favourite bands (I don't have 10 favourites)

Queen
Aerosmith
INXS
Bon Jovi
Dire Straits
Police (mainly because of Sting)

:p017:

Vadim
17-03-2006, 14:54
anyone here like eric burdon & the animals??


theyre great... i think they have something similar to the doors... only its mre 60's .. the doors are 70's

i love the doors, probably gonna go listen to them now :)
thanx for the recommendation

rae
18-03-2006, 04:48
Vadim, can you specify which are the best songs of them, which reperesent the Doors the best, okay... cuz I have listened to them not so much thus I do not know all their songs which is worth to be paid my attention.. :)

mk18
18-03-2006, 06:42
lsn to to san franciscan nights, dont let me be misunderstood, sky pilot, and house of the rising sun, and spill the wine.. i too am new to them but i really like theyre style!

Vadim
18-03-2006, 12:27
Vadim, can you specify which are the best songs of them, which reperesent the Doors the best, okay... cuz I have listened to them not so much thus I do not know all their songs which is worth to be paid my attention.. :)

my favorites of the Doors are
LA Woman, Break on Through, Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar), Light My Fire, Hello, I Love You and The Unknown Soldier :)
There are many more of their songs that I like but I can't mention them all

rahul.acm
18-03-2006, 12:39
Does anybody listen to neil young?

mk18
18-03-2006, 13:18
my favorites of the Doors are
LA Woman, Break on Through, Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar), Light My Fire, Hello, I Love You and The Unknown Soldier :)
There are many more of their songs that I like but I can't mention them all
i dont mind if u list more

their best song is by faar riders on the storm.... but i love LA Woman next!

Vadim
18-03-2006, 13:21
i dont mind if u list more

their best song is by faar riders on the storm.... but i love LA Woman next!

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot to mention that! For me Break on Through is first though, I love thr beginning!

rae
20-03-2006, 03:41
Okay, lads, thanx for advice. Weh nI come back home I shall try to download these songs to my pc and we'll take a closer look then :tong:

What else... what about Pink Floyd. I see some of you are deeply into them, however i still can not "find' them, you know what I am sayin... just waitin for quality advice which songs start to listen with an intention to begiun my fan-hood of that groupe. Cuz now I olny now two songs - Wish You Were Here and High Hopes. Anyone... sugestions..?! :D

mk18
20-03-2006, 07:50
Okay, lads, thanx for advice. Weh nI come back home I shall try to download these songs to my pc and we'll take a closer look then :tong:

What else... what about Pink Floyd. I see some of you are deeply into them, however i still can not "find' them, you know what I am sayin... just waitin for quality advice which songs start to listen with an intention to begiun my fan-hood of that groupe. Cuz now I olny now two songs - Wish You Were Here and High Hopes. Anyone... sugestions..?! :D

-***s
-dogs
-have a cigar
-money
-young lust
-another brick in the wall
-comfortably numb

the top 3 are my favs along with wish you were here

mk18
20-03-2006, 07:54
ok the first one is P I G S .... i dunno why its cencored, its not even such a bad thing to say!

Stezagud
20-03-2006, 12:10
gotta agree with all those listed so far :rock3:

Im more of an alt-rock man so my personal favourites would also have to include, Pearl Jam, Pixies, The Cure, My Bloody Valentine and Joy Division :cool:

Reza
20-03-2006, 13:14
ok the first one is P I G S .... i dunno why its cencored, its not even such a bad thing to say!

Long ago had a problem with that word here on MM, a member was abusing ...long story

Speaking of fave bands no mention of Slayer yet? :guw:
:d6:

Graeme C
20-03-2006, 13:22
gotta agree with all those listed so far :rock3:

Im more of an alt-rock man so my personal favourites would also have to include, Pearl Jam, Pixies, The Cure, My Bloody Valentine and Joy Division :cool:

The Pixies, The cure and Joy Division rule! A couple of years ago i tried to go to V festival to see the pixies, i was gutted that i couldnt get tickets!

Have to say im very into Smashing Pumpkins atm!

mk18
20-03-2006, 13:50
i used to love system of a down.. the first 2 albums... after toxicity they became rubbish, out of tune... toxicity is one of the best albums i heard, great timing they had!

Vadim
20-03-2006, 14:44
Okay, lads, thanx for advice. Weh nI come back home I shall try to download these songs to my pc and we'll take a closer look then :tong:

What else... what about Pink Floyd. I see some of you are deeply into them, however i still can not "find' them, you know what I am sayin... just waitin for quality advice which songs start to listen with an intention to begiun my fan-hood of that groupe. Cuz now I olny now two songs - Wish You Were Here and High Hopes. Anyone... sugestions..?! :D

These 4 albums are amazing:

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
Wish You Were Here
The Wall

4 of my favorite albums, listen to all of them and I guarantee you will like the band. :)

mk18
20-03-2006, 17:44
if cypress hill count .. i love them!

Acmir^
20-03-2006, 19:02
Okay, lads, thanx for advice. Weh nI come back home I shall try to download these songs to my pc and we'll take a closer look then :tong:

What else... what about Pink Floyd. I see some of you are deeply into them, however i still can not "find' them, you know what I am sayin... just waitin for quality advice which songs start to listen with an intention to begiun my fan-hood of that groupe. Cuz now I olny now two songs - Wish You Were Here and High Hopes. Anyone... sugestions..?! :D


You should also download "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "Brain Damage" and "Echoes" really great songs from Floyd :smileani:

You're right about System Of A Down mk18 Toxicity is their best album, the other albums after that are average nothing special
i also like Soulfly, Manowar, Halford, INXS, Depeche Mode and Machine Head

mk18
21-03-2006, 06:33
rae, make sure when u lsn to them that everything around u is quiet and make sure u have the patience to lsn to songs that are 15mins long... gilmour has great vocals!

option 2 ofcourse is to smoke a joint hehe ;)

rae
21-03-2006, 08:03
ok the first one is P I G S .... i dunno why its cencored, its not even such a bad thing to say!Yeah, it's stupid if this word is still censored :dazed: gotta agree with all those listed so far :rock3:Which one... can ya specify, mister? :tong:
Speaking of fave bands no mention of Slayer yet? :guw:
:d6:My bro has a jersey with a logo of that band, though I have never heard them playin... :r7:
rae, make sure when u lsn to them that everything around u is quiet and make sure u have the patience to lsn to songs that are 15mins long... gilmour has great vocals!Must be, though he laso has a face of a hourse :p146:option 2 ofcourse is to smoke a joint hehe ;)Never tried even a pull one smoke to my lung before... so :u56:

By the way lads, thanx for suggestions, we'll see if it works :1d31:

mk18
21-03-2006, 12:47
so that leaves u to option 1 :)