View Full Version : Milan vs Barca (Albertini Testimonial)
Warro Bantan
15-03-2006, 14:47
I cant believe no one is intrested in this match! Either that, or I havent been thorough in searching the Games & Tactics thread.
With the likes of Weah, Boban, Van Basten on show, this is a must see game!
Unfortunately, I cant leave work to watch it...hmmm or can I? Nope..still waiting on some orders to come in...ah well..such is life..
Anyone kno if the game is going to be visible on the net? PPlive or something?
This is an intresting game, if only for the possibility of Kaka persuading Ronaldinho to come to Milan next season! :D...but maybe Braida will talk to Marquez, the Mexican...or maybe Pulyol..wouldnt mind either of them coming over...who knows...maybe we can kidnap Messi? :excited:
zlatanov
15-03-2006, 15:06
Actually, what I read was that Dinho will have dinner with guess who - Silvio "Sweet Talk" Berlusconi. :)
yes, maybe we could kidnap Messi and,hehe! or convince Ronaldinho to do some common thing and join mioghty Milan!
I am TOTALLY interested in this game but it's not ont tv at all, not any channels i can get anyway. I don't have broadband either, so i can't watch it on the net even if there was a link somewhere.
I hope Demi has a great game though and that it's a full house for him ...... oh and on a small side note that we don't get any injuries :D
FORZA DEMI :5ok:
Bosniaco
15-03-2006, 15:20
I am TOTALLY interested in this game but it's not ont tv at all, not any channels i can get anyway. I don't have broadband either, so i can't watch it on the net even if there was a link somewhere.
I hope Demi has a great game though and that it's a full house for him ...... oh and on a small side note that we don't get any injuries :D
FORZA DEMI :5ok:
If you have Rai International this game is on that channel.
Warro Bantan
15-03-2006, 15:26
RAI and Setanta are carrying the game, either both, or one of...this from my multi-satellite dish friend...
Unfortunately, I can only watch the stupid Liverfool..ahem Liverpool game on PPLive...or some Bruce Lee movies :D!
Bosniaco
15-03-2006, 17:32
I just finished watching this Game great game. First 40 minutes played the "older players" and then the actual today's players from both teams. Albertini scored a great goal from a free kick from like 25-30 yards out. Van Basten scored for Milan the second one and third goal was an own by I'm not sure who that was. After the first 40 minutes, the second 40 minutes were played by the actual players which Barcelona scored only once from a penalty kick by Eto. So it finished 3-2 for Milan. An the end Albertini ran to salute all the fans and showed his emotion a that particular moment. Great moment for everyone who loves Milan.
I almost foret to say that Capello and Ancelotti were coaches for Milan. ;)
Three words:
Marco Van Basten
Warro Bantan
15-03-2006, 17:37
I just finished watching this Game great game.
Thanks for the review Bosniaco! How did we look vs the "real" Barca though? If we look at the aggregate scores, they would have won 1-0...not at all devastated by the single goal, but more intrested in how we matched up against them
Bosniaco
15-03-2006, 17:44
Thanks for the review Bosniaco! How did we look vs the "real" Barca though? If we look at the aggregate scores, they would have won 1-0...not at all devastated by the single goal, but more intrested in how we matched up against them
It wasn't a "real " Milan that started later on some other players came on same for Barca. For example Vogel, Ambro, Billy, Rui, Simic started. I think that we look good. Kalac had few very good saves, Inzaghi had few good chances, Gila's goal was from the offside so it did count. I think with the regular starters we can compite with Barca (beat them).
Started :Dida, Simic, Billy, Nesta, Kaladze, Vogel, Pirlo,Ambro,Rui,Sheva,Gila
Later came in: Kalac, Simic ( I think he stayed in), Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho, Gattuso,Seedorf,Kaka, Amoroso,Inzaghi. I'm not sure who else played in the second line-up. Missing a player.
Basically it was something like this.
hitmannq8
15-03-2006, 20:57
what a great game and damn i miss mvb.. what a great striker and what a great goal he scored.. demi scored a beauty too.. a free kick..
and guys.im convinced milan can beat barca in the semi's.. we outplayed them, but ofcourse they werent playing that well, but i really think we can do it..
and guys, didnt gila score a 4th goal? why did they cancel it?
Started :Dida, Simic, Billy, Nesta, Kaladze, Vogel, Pirlo,Ambro,Rui,Sheva,Gila
Later came in: Kalac, Simic ( I think he stayed in), Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho, Gattuso,Seedorf,Kaka, Amoroso,Inzaghi. I'm not sure who else played in the second line-up. Missing a player.
Basically it was something like this.
You must love Dida so much that the ' D ' becomes a smiley.
Did Ronaldinho really have dinner with Berlusconi or was that one a joke? :D
I wish I had watched it... can you guys comment on the 'older' players who took part?
was Leo there?
how did the Curva react when MVB scored?
Giovanni
16-03-2006, 04:01
The Ministry of Defence showed his truly masteful skills once again, after so many years their movements were perfect, Franco Baresi what a player, he hold all his charisma still at almost 50 y o!
Van basten goal made me almost in tears, what a great header in "angel flight", he reminded me of the goal scored against Real at Bernabeu! Just from the other side (cross by Evani and great header from the swan of Utrecht)
Demetrio scored a great free kick from 30 m!
What a great emotional display of Masters! The second half almost meaningless compared to the greats on the picth in the first half (they didn't struggle to much because were afraid to get injured)
Ancelotti didn't play cause he said "i want to leave the honour to many guys that don't practice the San Siro picth too often, it's right to leave them the pleasure"
Funny moment: Curva singing FABIO CAPELLO, JUMP WITH US :haha:
Giovanni
16-03-2006, 04:32
here the highlights of the goals
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3898962&postcount=130
Does anybody have any link/anywhere where I can get pics of this game. I have searched on the net for extensive pics of this game and can't find a big enuff collection. Please, Please, anybody got any links or url to where I can get pics. Sad enuff that I didn't get to see the game. I'm also celebrating 20 years of supporting Milan, and to see the greatest generation of Milan players 1986-1994 is just too emotional.I have tried getty images, and got some, but I need more.
Hey Giovanni do you have any link of Italian Websites where I can get pics of the game
Rosso6, here they are...
http://www.gazzetta.it/gallery/Calcio/vuoto.shtml?2006/03_Marzo/albertini/1&1
Warro Bantan
16-03-2006, 16:35
Gio, when I try to play the files you sent me the link to, all I get is audio...no video...can you help?
zlatanov
16-03-2006, 16:59
Gio, when I try to play the files you sent me the link to, all I get is audio...no video...can you help?
it's because you don't have the right codec - I am guessing you are playing it with Windows Media Player, right? I got the same thing as you.
Well, possibly the best media player out there - VLC player - plays it nice and easy with no hicups. Actually, it plays virtually anything you throw at it. Not sure if you will be able to DL it though :(. Anyways, here is a link:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
P.S. Gio, thanks a bunch for those files - the first two goals were GREAT. Viva Deme and MvB :5ok:
sheva-gila
16-03-2006, 17:04
this one is very emotional
Warro Bantan
16-03-2006, 17:53
Thanks Zlat! I will try....lets hope it works!
GRE-NO-LI
17-03-2006, 17:19
Our unforgettable flying dutchman has scored?!?
GRE-NO-LI
17-03-2006, 23:07
I've watched now MVB's goal... and I cannot describe my feelings... what a wonderful header, the guy is still sheer and undiluted class... I would simply KILL the dirty bastard that aborted Marco's career!!!
Gabrielle
18-03-2006, 13:05
These three videos are from acmilanclub.com. Worth to watch it!The 1st one is a video compilation of Deme's goals..some funny scene of Albertini with Baggio n Weah. The 2nd one is Deme's goodbye to the fans :cry: :broken:3rd is highlights of the farewell game.
Demetrio's goals in AC Milan (http://www.acmilanclub.com/site/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1313)
Demetrio's farewell in San Siro (http://www.acmilanclub.com/site/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1312)
Highlights Milan vs Barca (http://www.acmilanclub.com/videomilan/video/HG-ACMilan4-2barca.wmv)
Hey guys what was the score?? and who won?
4-2
marco van basten scored our next coach. he seemed very happy
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.