PDA

View Full Version : Milan vs Livorno


Nalx
26-04-2006, 16:54
After all those tiring and disappointing minutes against Barca, we'll face Livorno in San Siro. They were beaten 7 consecutive games but last week Luca scored a hattrick and they won.

We all know what had happened to Juve after the lost in CL and we can't afford the same mistake! Not after we're only 3 points less.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.
I always have faith in our Milan, but now is the time to show what the team is really made of.

FORZA MILAN

:3band: :3band: :3band: :3band: :3band:

SANT
26-04-2006, 17:20
Yes, were going against Livorno at home... who is Juve going against?

We need to win all 3 games... if Juve loses 1, we tie... and if the tie 2 games, we win the scudetto...

Milan_Mad
26-04-2006, 17:25
Juve have got Siena away which i think is harder than Livorno at home, so we have a chance to close the gap even more. I just hope that Carlo does not rest players cause of the Barca game.

Hasan Rossonero
26-04-2006, 17:26
Juve is to play Siena.

There are fears that Siena, who have some Juve players on loan and enjoy a good relationship with Bianconeri, may have an agreement with Juve.

I hope not and I don't think so but let's see.

rahul.acm
26-04-2006, 20:57
I think we will play as usual and ofcourse a win is a must! I pity our players , the amount of time they prepare and play is too much. hope we don't suffer any further injuries in these three games! I am satisfied with what we have achieved, even i second place will be enough for us this season.

nefremo
26-04-2006, 21:08
NO SECOND PLACE Rahul. Come on man, don't settle for that now. We have gone so long and kept believing and now we have the chance to take it from Juve. We have to beat Livorno and I hope Juve loses. The way they have played this season, I don't think they are better then anyone in Serie A anymore. They played the most boring and disguisting football of all. They look like a lower table team that plays ugly but somehow scrach wins off of penalties and referies. F*ck Juventus. Serie A is ours!!!

SANT
26-04-2006, 21:12
We will fight until the last minute...

"It ain't over 'til the OLD LADY sings"

rahul.acm
26-04-2006, 21:14
NO SECOND PLACE Rahul. Come on man, don't settle for that now. We have gone so long and kept believing and now we have the chance to take it from Juve. We have to beat Livorno and I hope Juve loses. The way they have played this season, I don't think they are better then anyone in Serie A anymore. They played the most boring and disguisting football of all. They look like a lower table team that plays ugly but somehow scrach wins off of penalties and referies. F*ck Juventus. Serie A is ours!!!

i understand your point but i am not sure if our player will be in good shape physically. ofcourse the best we can do is win the games but juve's loss is not in our hands! I think what we must do is give chances to simic, janku, amoroso to see their progress. we will have much less pressure but will be battered and bruised for the cl games. hope juve lose, coz they are a good team to be honest and also i really admire cappello alot for what he has done in the past! on their day they can beat any team in the world!

rahul.acm
26-04-2006, 23:41
siena are playing for serie b relegation whereas juve for the serie a title, i don't see any match fixing even though juve are known for under table work!

Jeff
27-04-2006, 01:29
I think Milan should be fine.

Vadim
27-04-2006, 11:27
Come on, no second place. We are out of the CL, what else have we got to look forward to? Unforunately our fate is not entirely in our own hands, we need help from all the teams Juve needs to play.
Winning the league will get all our players in high spirits again and maybe in good form again, and that is important considering the WC is right around the corner.
So all we can do is win the rest of our matches and hope Juve slip up again.
FORZA MILAN!

Warro Bantan
27-04-2006, 12:56
With the rumors of a training ground bust-up between Zlatan and Viera (from channel4.com) things could go our way if we beat Livorno, and Juve drop points at Siena...though its unlikely that the Zebras will, this is all we have left after Merk ruined our season.

So, as always, FORZA MIIIIIIIIILAN!! I hope we will take this game, I think we will...and that Juve stumbles again.

We can afford to play our strongest team, so I doubt that Livorno will trouble us overmuch, though the phsychological effect of losing the way we did can have one of two effects:

a) We play like wounded tigers, and crush Livorno
b) we play like wounded fish, flapping around, then allowing Livorno to reel us in.

I trust that our resillience, and squad togetherness will come to the fore, and we will have an emphatic performance...and I hope Rui gets to play...it may be his last home game for us...he deserves to start at least.

Bosniaco
27-04-2006, 15:15
Well if Siena wants to play dirty games under the table how about that they are visiting Inter, after the Juve game. So if they lose and Messina win this could mean trouble for siena.

mk18
27-04-2006, 15:47
i dont know if kaka and sheva and the rest of the injured players start, id rather not risk playing all of them, but keep them on the bench, the last thing we need is to lose a player on a long injury with 2 decisive games after this one left, and the last thing the players need is to get injured and miss out on the WC

we should go to the SS, and destroy livorno...

my prediction: GRANDE MILAN 4-0 livorno
inshallah


FORZA MILAN!

SANT
28-04-2006, 16:57
Maldini had surgery on his right knee today... his season is over, like Ambrosini's...

Cafu is still not OK, and Seedorf is suspended... everybody else should be available...

rahul.acm
28-04-2006, 17:08
Maldini had surgery on his right knee today... his season is over, like Ambrosini's...

Cafu is still not OK, and Seedorf is suspended... everybody else should be available...

seedorf ban has been reduced to just 1 game!

Rick
28-04-2006, 17:09
Maldini had surgery on his right knee today... his season is over, like Ambrosini's...

Cafu is still not OK, and Seedorf is suspended... everybody else should be available...

Man, I really hope Maldini can come back strong and healthy next year. I'm going to cry like a baby when he retires.

Sounds like we shouldn't be in too bad shape, health-wise. Certainly well enough that we should get past Livorno as long as our heads are in the match. All we can do is -- cliche alert! -- take these final matches one at a time, try to win them all and hope that Juve continues to stumble.
:pp20:

Vadim
28-04-2006, 17:34
You won't be the only one crying when he retires... :proud:

But his contract is up at the end of next season, and he said he won't retire early. The whole team needs to step up and win the CL next year in what will probably be San Paolo's final year.

Vonim
28-04-2006, 17:43
I believe that Juve will beat Siena on Saturday but i have a strong feeling that Reggina will be the team that will beat them and give us lo Scudetto.
Siena is practically Juventus "B" team. In last 7 matches, since Siena is in Serie A, Juventus has easily beaten them in all 7 occasions. And also , Siena always fights hard against us. If you remember, they have beaten us 2:1 last April, when they didn't need the points so much as we did, ( we were tied on points with Juventus and were fighting for Scudetto) !
Theoretically Siena can be eliminated, but i don't think it will happen. One Sicilian team will get eliminated at the end, and i guess it will be Messina ( they are playing away against Reggina on Saturday. If Reggina doesn't lose then they are saved, and i don't think they will let Messina take the points)

But --- Reggina.
Reggina is "our" team, and just like Siena with us, Reggina is doing the same thing with Juve. On last 3 Serie A matches in Reggio Calabria, Reggina has beaten Juve twice (tell me one more , so called weak, team from Italy that has beaten Juve twice in 3 matches). We never have troubles beating Reggina, but Juve has troubles even drawing with them. No matter if Reggina is saved or not, they will play with 100%, and with little luck, they will beat Juve- for us only. :)
There's also 1 more match against Palermo, but i doubt Juve will lose it. But a draw can happen, and it will make things even easier for us, since Reggina will only need a draw with Juve in last round !

There's hope guys, so don't give up and don't say that we should play against Livorno with our second choice players. The best should play and they must beat Livorno. We wouldn't like Juve to slip 2 more times, or lose once, and still win the Scudetto because we didn't manage to win our matches.
Forza Milan !!!!!

Warro Bantan
28-04-2006, 17:57
Well said Vonim! I endorse your post 100%....though I still think Rui Costa should be given a start...maybe for Seedorf, instead of Marek?

Milan_Mad
28-04-2006, 17:58
It's about time Sheva slotted some goals home, i can see an easy win coming along here

hitmannq8
28-04-2006, 21:50
http://www.international.rai.it/giostra/index.php

Can someone please tell me what is going to happen? RAI Intl is saying they will broadcast both Milan Livorno and Juve Siena at the same time!! Can someone who speaks Italian shed some light?

SANT
28-04-2006, 22:20
seems like it's gonna be simoultaneous broadcast, back and forth from Siena to Milan

Kui
29-04-2006, 08:46
i can see an easy win coming along here

Easy there now cowboy. This isnt going to be an easy win. Normally we are adept at losing to teams just like this one, when on paper the statisticians would predict that we kick their butts.
Without a doubt we have to win the rest of our games to even level on points with Juve. Some have already stated if that is such the case, we supposedly take scudetto de facto. I'd like some clarification on this though!
Whatever the case we need all 3 games with a W in our column. This is not an easy feat as Livorno are a hidden threat, Parma is a possible draw and Roma is anyone's guess. That doesnt include the Juve factor either. They're still in the drivers seat as far as I'm concerned and unless they fall asleep at the wheel, they are the likely champions. Again we still need the 3 wins.

Kui
29-04-2006, 09:09
There's hope guys, so don't give up and don't say that we should play against Livorno with our second choice players. The best should play and they must beat Livorno. We wouldn't like Juve to slip 2 more times, or lose once, and still win the Scudetto because we didn't manage to win our matches.
Forza Milan !!!!!

Good Post Vonim. I dont totally agree with all of it, but I share you sentiments.

Though it is not concerning to what you are saying Vonim, I for one dont think there is any conspiracy between Siena and Juve. I think Siena just plainly suck through and through. Who knows maybe WE paid them off this time around and they actually do end up playing hard. For if we are to accept any conspiracy going around, we also have to accept all possibilities, including that which would involve our clubs involvment. Thus I dont like conpiracy theories.

Again not concerning you per se Vonim... I just cant get over the fact that there were many here in MilanMania who said that Scudetto was out of reach and there it is to bite at and devour for ourselves. I dont think the team lost any focus on this, but for team MilanMania, too many lost focus on this critical point. Thanks for your words Vonim about keeping hope and not giving up, because it is there for us to seize the moment as it has always been there.

Lastly... I'm intrigued at the possibilities of us winning and what then is to happen with Coach Carlo and Coach Capello. Is there that possibility that Milan says "thanks Carlo for Scudetto... but Ciao!" likewise Juve giving Capello the sack??? Yeah... I know Galliani has confirmed Carlo for another season, but that is only the case if Capello is still at the helm in Torino. Think of it! Capello let go by Juve is just prime bait no one can turn down. I dont know??? I'm just talking cr@p now. If we win scudetto no doubt Carlo will stay with us. If Juve do let go of Capello, maybe he ends up being a National Coach someplace depending on World Cup results. Lippi getting the sack would most definitely put Capello at the top of the shortlist. Quite intriguing!

Good post Vonim.

FORZA MILAN!

devoted_dm
29-04-2006, 09:44
I don't see Capello ever returning to Milan. He's been the coach of Milan twice in the past. The first time he was very successful, the next time he wasn't that great. He would ruin everything that Ancelotti has created, which is an attack-minded team that likes to pass the ball around and dribble a lot.

I think we should keep Carlo even if Capello leaves Juve, because he has done extremely well for us, and his style of football is quite unique in Italy.

rahul.acm
29-04-2006, 10:16
Carlo shud stay at any cost. His attacking mentality is proving very helpfull for us. In CL he has done so gud, its like let him know which team he is going to face two before the match and he will put milan in a mould which can beat that team. He is smart and ruthless, thats what we need. cappelo will ask for a full team revamp. first, he will chuck all the 34 plus players and then change our game play completely. he might be success but no way carlo shud leave.

RM has a big a$$ board with great individual admimistrators. They are hunting for carlo and doing everything possible to get him to RM. Doesn't it say what stuff is this man-'CARLO ANCELOTTI (http://eng.dolcegabbana.it/milan06/img/081.jpg) ' is made of?

Milan_Mad
29-04-2006, 10:44
has anyone got the squad

Milan_Mad
29-04-2006, 10:50
Now i ask for it they post it up from acmilan.com

MILAN-LIVORNO: I CONVOCATI DI ANCELOTTI
29/04/2006
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti ha diramato la lista dei giocatori che resteranno in ritiro nel centro sportivo rossonero in vista della gara di campionato con il Livorno. Questo l'elenco dei 19 convocati rossoneri:

PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac.

DIFENSORI: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Jankulovski, Simic, Stam.

CENTROCAMPISTI: Aubameyang (43), Gattuso, Kaką, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Serginho, Vogel.

ATTACCANTI: Amoroso, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Shevchenko.

Kui
29-04-2006, 10:54
I heartily agree with both you Devoted and Rahul about our coach Carlo. Indeed if the Galaticos are tearing their hair out for him speaks a lot of what kind of coach we have. Very well than... if we win Scudetto, potentially Capello gets the sack and perhaps might return to Real Madrid. Good Show Fellas!

The-Fan
29-04-2006, 11:27
Because Real is desparate... and what's so great about Ancheloti's work at Milan? We play the same football for the past 3-4 years... only getting worse each year.
I say sack Carlo, bring in some new coach.

rahul.acm
29-04-2006, 12:41
Because Real is desparate... and what's so great about Ancheloti's work at Milan? We play the same football for the past 3-4 years... only getting worse each year.
I say sack Carlo, bring in some new coach.

well 4 cl years : 4 cl semis, 2 final, 1 cup. we have so many old players and its quite remarkable how he manages them and still puts our club amongst the top clubs of the world. he is mainly responsible for our club's high european rankings. he brings in unity among players which brings in more creativity and understanding. I do not think that there is anyother coach in the world who understands our players more than ancelotti hence, the idea of bringing a new coach ( who doesn't know a sh!t abt our club some1 like mourinho,etc.,) is very very vague!

as i have mentioned earlier abt real's board, they have one of the best analyzers of the game and definitely they are not just looking for a coach, they are looking for THE COACH who can revive their past glory of del bosque.

currently, our club has the best rapport shared among current players, past players, administrators, coaches and fans; do u have any idea how much our club will be in a disarray if he is sacked? we might just become the second madrid of europe!

come on.... give him some credit! after all it will always be difficult to manage such a big club like ours!

zlatanov
29-04-2006, 12:49
Because Real is desparate... and what's so great about Ancheloti's work at Milan? We play the same football for the past 3-4 years... only getting worse each year.
I say sack Carlo, bring in some new coach.
Well, what do you want him to do - get out 50 mil out of his own pocket every other year and spend it on the players he needs and wants, the ones that would really fit his plans not the ones Milan deems "right" to buy because of their low to no price at all?
I guess people are right though - you truely appreciate something only after you've already lost it.
P.S. Well said, rahul

Vadim
29-04-2006, 15:52
Please! Does anyone have a direct link to tomorow's game? GOL TV is showing Juve-Siena instead. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ACMILAN1983
29-04-2006, 16:01
Its a simple method of approaching this game. Focus on the win, and use wide areas against Livorno to stretch them as much as possible.

Mazzone is a coach who usually looks to play a disciplined, tight and fairly defensive game against us, so hopefully we can look to technically out do them and get a goal to make them open up.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!

The-Fan
29-04-2006, 16:05
Zlatanov: Well, what do you want him to do - get out 50 mil out of his own pocket every other year and spend it on the players he needs and wants

No....
I want him not to lose twice after leading with 3 goals advantage in the CL.
I want him to win Scudetto more than once, specialy last year when we were so much better than Juve... same goes this year.
I want us stop conceding goals regulary from crosses and set-pieces, something that is purely coach's job to deal with this problem.
I want to understand another thing: we rested much of our main players against Lecce because we had a Lyon game a few days after... now we played our main squad against Messina a few days before much harder game with Barca. Can someone explain to me? If this isn't a flawed management than I don't know what is. Our players had to rest before home game with Lyon, and not rest before much tougher encounter in Nou-Camp being 0-1 down??????????? ah?????
And one more thing that I want for him is to make the players work... if Villareal average players can press and push Arsenal and Inter, than we should expect our players do the same at least with Lyon... I say u could see in Lyon that our team doesn't have what it takes anymore. We were humilated both by Lyon and Barca infront of all our fans, is this the team u want to see next year????? U won't get even that, because we will be even worse...

This is what I want from Ancheloti... is it too much????

zlatanov
29-04-2006, 17:18
No....
I want him not to lose twice after leading with 3 goals advantage in the CL.
I want him to win Scudetto more than once, specialy last year when we were so much better than Juve... same goes this year.
I want us stop conceding goals regulary from crosses and set-pieces, something that is purely coach's job to deal with this problem.
I want to understand another thing: we rested much of our main players against Lecce because we had a Lyon game a few days after... now we played our main squad against Messina a few days before much harder game with Barca. Can someone explain to me? If this isn't a flawed management than I don't know what is. Our players had to rest before home game with Lyon, and not rest before much tougher encounter in Nou-Camp being 0-1 down??????????? ah?????
And one more thing that I want for him is to make the players work... if Villareal average players can press and push Arsenal and Inter, than we should expect our players do the same at least with Lyon... I say u could see in Lyon that our team doesn't have what it takes anymore. We were humilated both by Lyon and Barca infront of all our fans, is this the team u want to see next year????? U won't get even that, because we will be even worse...

This is what I want from Ancheloti... is it too much????

Give him a squad not with just 13-14 players he feels comfortable playing but 20 such players, and then expect him to deliver a Serie A and CL double year after year. Then Carlo won't have to field physically and mentally exhausted players, who let a 3-0 lead slip away from them, and the rest of your wishes will be granted as well, I guess.
If not, call Galliani and berlusconi, write them a letter if you wish, and ask them those same things you mentioned above ... ask them because carlo isn't the one who's respinsible for the squad - he is just an employee who's been paid to work with what's given to him. It's hardly fair for someone like him to bare all the consequances of the team's SUPPOSED failures because when Milan wins a Cl or scudetto, Silvio is first in line to go to the media and remind them that all that is because of him. Quite funny, when the team fails to win a scudetto or a CL, Carlo's the only one whose name is associated with words like "sacking", "failure", "missed opportunities", "this should have been done, not that", etc, etc ... while at the same time, Berlusconi is watching all that from a safe distance leaving Galliani to cover up the mess.
If you can't do even that, then I guess your best bet for having all those wishes come true is do nothing but wait for Christmas.

P.S. Explanation on the Lecce game - not sure where the mystery is but still here is the key to the door - did we lose the game vs Lecce after fielding a reserve team? Yep, we did and if we had won that game, we would have been equal qith juve right now, a position that would make us the champs in the end. Hence, the team fielded vs Reggina - our best players.
And why was that - because everyone asks and expects from Carlo double miracles with a team that's mostly improved by adding out of contract players in the end of each year.

devoted_dm
29-04-2006, 18:43
I don't think we should be unfair either. Milan does have a lot of good players that aren't old: Kaladze, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kakį, Shevchenko and Gilardino, to mention a few. These players are the back-bone of the team, and they all play regularly.
I'd say that Milan actually has a decent combination of youth and experience in the squad - the problem is that some of the older players are getting too old now, and need to be replaced. Two of them (Stam, and probably Rui Costa) will be leaving us this summer, and I think everyone can see that Maldini and Billy aren't physically capable of being anything more than substitutes anymore. So I think we will see 3-4 players join us this summer, 3-4 players who can go straight into the starting 11.

I do agree that new and younger players should be brought in though, and I cannot understand that we can't afford to do so, while Juve can. However, maybe we are being more cautious with our money than other top teams, bringing in proven players who have shown that they can perform at the highest level. Bringing in younger players will always be a gamble, because you never know how well they will be able to do at a big club like Milan.

As frustrating as it is to see that Milan is bringing in older players every summer, I do wonder if it's not a way to ensure that Milan will be a top club for years to come. The financial climate in Italian football is not good at the moment, so we need to be careful with how we spend our funds. If we bring in a batch of younger, expensive players who ultimately fail to perform or are terribly inconsistent (as younger players often are), then where would we stand? With no money and a crappy team that wouldn't have any chance of winning any major trophies.

And I do wonder, if our players are too old and Ancelotti's ideas are getting dated and predictable, then how in the world did we manage to get ourselves in a position where we're fighting for the scudetto and making it to the semi-finals of the Champions League? Some magical coincidence? I think not.

Things are not as bad as we think they are. Milan, as a club, is in good health.

I also think we need to get it into our heads that we will probably never be as dominant again as we were 15 years ago. We're a big club, and we will win lots of trophies in the years to come. But that era is gone. We'll win the Champions League again, and we'll win the Serie A again (maybe even twice in a row), but we won't ever be as dominant again as we were back then.

I don't see how that would even be possible, considering that we are not the only club with a big name, money and an excellent training facility and business strategy anymore. We reached that position because we re-defined what it meant to be a football club, and the rest of Europe's top sides eventually followed our example. And now they have caught up with us, due to various circumstances. I don't blame Milan for this, as there is a limit to how much we can develop in such a (relatively) short time.

Football is in a recessive period right now. The financial bubble burst in Italy a few years ago (because Italy was at the forefront of this development - thus Italy was dominating European football in the 90s), and eventually the same will happen in the rest of Europe as well.
Already clubs in other countries are finding it hard to deal with the current financial climate of the sport. I just read that in Bayern Munich, they believe that they have won their last Champions League, because they're not making anywhere near as much money as the other big clubs in Europe.
The gap between rich and poor is constantly getting bigger, and eventually something will be done about this, because it is destroying the competition aspect of the game.

Wage caps, limits on how big transfer fees can be, an equal sharing of the money from TV rights. These things will happen, sooner or later. They have to, or watching a league game between Manchester United and Birmingham will be like watching the Harlem Globetrotters play the Chesterfield Donkeys in basketball.

A European super league would be another option, to just take the biggest clubs out of their domestic competitions entirely. But would we, as Milan fans, accept that we've won our last Serie A trophy? Would Real Madrid fans accept that they have won la liga for the last time? Would Liverpool fans accept that they'll never see their team win the Premier League again? I doubt it very much.

So for now, I think we should be pleased with how Milan is being run. They are doing things in a way that ensures that we'll stay competitive for years to come. It may not be glamorous. We may not get the same media hype as other teams. But at least we won't be bankrupt when the financial bubble of European football bursts, and we're not running the risk of bringing in expensive players who flop.

Xudong
29-04-2006, 19:24
There may be better options, but Carlo isn't inferior to many, and may well be the best that are available to us. If I have to, I would rather point my fingers to Galliani for his notorious frugality and Berlusconi for his fading enthusiasm. As for Ancelotti, I personally like him a lot, as I think he has done decent job given what he has. I really don't mind if he stays with us for many years to come. If we weren't such a big club that forbids us to give up on any front, we probably could do what Liverpool did last season and what Arsenal are doing now, and we probably could have ended up with more trophies. It is unfortunate but let's face it.

Jeff
29-04-2006, 23:17
There may be better options, but Carlo isn't inferior to many, and may well be the best that are available to us. If I have to, I would rather point my fingers to Galliani for his notorious frugality and Berlusconi for his fading enthusiasm. As for Ancelotti, I personally like him a lot, as I think he has done decent job given what he has. I really don't mind if he stays with us for many years to come. If we weren't such a big club that forbids us to give up on any front, we probably could do what Liverpool did last season and what Arsenal are doing now, and we probably could have ended up with more trophies. It is unfortunate but let's face it.

But, only the best will dream for the best. There is no point in giving up 1 trophy for another. Should always go for both because this is Milan. They are expected to win.

rahul.acm
29-04-2006, 23:46
I wud say that we won't realize the sacchi era glory but in fact we will have have a much bigger success. Why do i feel that? becoz we have the right coach to do that ( and i don't want to tire myself by justifying it). Now that berlu is jobless he might start showing more interest in the club in terms of $$$$

what else do we need to do? we need to get just 1 or 2 good players per season, the reason why i reiterate that is because we have to make sure that the new players merge into our team and understand the rossoneri attitude and culture. what will happen if we get lots of new players? there will be formation of groups in teams which will disturb the healthy atmosphere. we also have to make sure that the players we buy shud have the committment of doing good and also a good character, otherwise we might end up having players like ibra who is young, talented but wild and arrogant! In my view players who are of the ideal stature are
-henry ( his loyalty towards arsenal and his love towards the great game proves what he is?)
-zidane ( he is just over worked, if he use him in the right games we will extract what he had been doing prior to 2003)
-riquelme ( his attitude speaks alot about his mental strength)
-del piero ( who has been saying all this season that he wants to actually play the game and not act as a backup)
-totti ( i accept that he may get too violent but that just coz he is too emotional, if he wanted he cud have had joined us or any bigger club in the beggining of his career but insisted upon roma coz it was the club he liked since his childhood)
-raul gonzalez ( 28 yrs, 400 caps, 180 goals and counting and captain of arguably the best club in the world )
-steven gerrard ( 2004 - 05 season, he is so different than other money minded english players like beckham and owen)
-whops forgot ronaldinho.

I know signing them is as unrealistic as asking morrati play for our club but they set the standard of the ideal player for any club

we need players of honour and character more than mere players of skills. Godspeed galliani and braida.

ppl grow with time. Arsene Wenger wudn't have been the wenger we know if he hadn't with arsenal for so long. Ferguson wudn't have been the person we know for the same reason. some how i feel that if we just have to have a change of coach i feel it shud be pellegrini, but its just an assupmtion that he might do very well at our club.

The-Fan
30-04-2006, 01:39
Give him a squad not with just 13-14 players he feels comfortable playing but 20 such players, and then expect him to deliver a Serie A and CL double year after year. Then Carlo won't have to field physically and mentally exhausted players, who let a 3-0 lead slip away from them, and the rest of your wishes will be granted as well, I guess.

Oh yeah? So that's the reason we can't keep a 3 goals advantage??? Because our team is exhausted? lol... I mean than how did we gain the lead from the begining??? I mean here we are crashing Depor 4-1 and two weeks later losing to them 4-0... did our players get so exhausted after only two weeks? I mean how? Did Berlusconi took them to work in one of his factories some extra-hours to carry big rocks on ther backs or something? Same for Liverpool, I remember before the CL final the Scudetto was all ready lost and we rested our main players, so they were all fresh before the game. And Liverpool was struggling for 4th place with Everton in premiership... and once again we go up on 3 goals advantage and in 15 minutes lose them all... exhaustion? What, Berlusconi took the team to work in some mine to extract some coal during the half time??
And u say Ancheloti feels comfortable only with 13-14 players in his squad??? That's complete nonsense, as I remember him to praise the team for having two players on every position both this and last seasons, so think before u talk.

Explanation on the Lecce game - not sure where the mystery is but still here is the key to the door - did we lose the game vs Lecce after fielding a reserve team? Yep, we did and if we had won that game, we would have been equal qith juve right now, a position that would make us the champs in the end. Hence, the team fielded vs Reggina - our best players.
And why was that - because everyone asks and expects from Carlo double miracles with a team that's mostly improved by adding out of contract players in the end of each year.
I didn't get ur explanation, or u didn't get my question. Whe had a relatively easy game with Lyon at home so we rested all our main players to prepair for it. And before much harder game with Barca in Nou-Camp with one goal disadvantage, we didn't rest our players with Messina and played with our main squad.... what's logic in that?? If we will lose the Scudetto, than it's [/U]completely[U] Ancheloti's fault, what the hell was his priorities??????? Do u get what I'm talking about, my point????

mrki
30-04-2006, 05:58
I always anjoy talking about Carlo Ancelotti... :) Its obviouse people in Italy like him very much. He is a coach that maintains a good atmosphere in a team, has built great spirit in Milanello, and so on...he has some great results in europe, he also has some horrible tactics played behind him, he also has probaly the best players in one team Europe has seen in last few years....HE HAS 1 SCUDETTO IN 4 YEARS. BUT, he is also a coach that has no needed courage for changesm cant choose the players he wants becouse he cant stand up toi Berlusconi and Galliani ( reason Cappelo went away from Milan....). Carlo cant change formations, cant integrate new players unless they are extreme world class ( kaka' ). He DIDNT develop Pirlo as a DM, they did it in Brescia. Milan does need fresh engine in locker room,and Van Basten or Donadoni need to come in.
I wish Carlo all the luck he needs in Madrid, but Milan is above personal simphatys, Milan needs to progress further, and it cant hapen with Carlo. We need to be faster and more brutal in midfield,and Carlo is not up for such changes. Thank you Carlo and see you....in the final somewhere.
He was very good,has some mistakes, had some great moments. Payers like him,but now its time to moove on.

Milan_Mad
30-04-2006, 07:32
MILAN-LIVORNO, LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
30/04/2006
MILANO - Cosģ in campo a San Siro per la terz'ultima giornata di Serie A:

MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Stam, Kaladze, Serginho; Gattuso, Pirlo, Jankulovski; Rui Costa; Shevchenko, Inzaghi. All: Ancelotti.

A disposizione: Kalac, Simic, Costacurta, Vogel, Kaką, Gilardino, Amoroso.

LIVORNO: Amelia; Fanucci, Grandoni, Galante; Balleri, Morrone, Passoni, De Ascentis, Pfertzel; Palladino, Lucarelli. All: Mazzone.

A disposizione: Acerbis, Vargas, Argilli, Cesar Prates, Ruotolo, Bakayoko, Paulinho.

From acmilan.com


I like the team he's got out

mk18
30-04-2006, 07:57
like acmilan918 asked... is there a direct link for the game???


very urgent!!! ... TV loves to break down when i need it the most!! FACK!!!

Graeme C
30-04-2006, 07:59
any streams?

Milan_Mad
30-04-2006, 08:03
juve 1-0 up god damn it

mk18
30-04-2006, 08:05
juve 1-0

thanks siena!

Milan_Mad
30-04-2006, 08:06
2-0 up trez f**k

mk18
30-04-2006, 08:07
2-0 now

thanks again siena!!!

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 08:09
wtf 0-3 i smell scandal

mk18
30-04-2006, 08:09
3-0 !!!

what the **** are siena doing!?!

Bosniaco
30-04-2006, 08:12
****en asholes they are not even playing, they are just standing like morons

Milan_Mad
30-04-2006, 08:12
3-0 up

now what can milan do

The-Fan
30-04-2006, 08:17
lol 3 goals in like 10 minutes....

mk18
30-04-2006, 08:20
what happening with the milan game?!

i would appreciate it if someone can give a link!

hitmannq8
30-04-2006, 08:24
streams please?

mk18
30-04-2006, 08:31
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Inzaghi!!!

King tiger
30-04-2006, 08:34
Well there is live audio on acmilan.com
AC Milan 1-0 Livornop Pippo Inzaghi on Jankulovski cross.:)

NAMMY
30-04-2006, 08:54
Game is showing on CCTV Soccer. Links for PPLive and TVAnts on http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm
English commentary: mms://a650.l981144327.c9811.e.lm.akamaistream.net/D/650/9811/v0001/reflector:44327

mrki
30-04-2006, 09:00
I've seen the fiorst half....so...
dida-ok
stam-great but got injured,his shoulder,billy in
kalasze-great
serginho-čacks precise crosses
cafu-lacks speed,lost his sprinting abilities completly
pirlo-as usual,nothing less,nothing more
gattuso-same
rui-good,moving a lot from right ot left flank,few good crosses
marek-GREAT cross for pippo from the left.playing great when he isnon wide positions,moves well
pippo-dangerous as alwasy,moves a lot for the ball
sheva-still not 100% fit, had few chances, amelia reacted very well. good game by him.


We are playing well, maybe a bit too slow.

mk18
30-04-2006, 09:02
i would french kiss you if i can!!!

THANK YOU!!!

zlatanov
30-04-2006, 09:09
Oh yeah? So that's the reason we can't keep a 3 goals advantage??? Because our team is exhausted? lol... I mean than how did we gain the lead from the begining??? I mean here we are crashing Depor 4-1 and two weeks later losing to them 4-0... did our players get so exhausted after only two weeks? I mean how? Did Berlusconi took them to work in one of his factories some extra-hours to carry big rocks on ther backs or something? Same for Liverpool, I remember before the CL final the Scudetto was all ready lost and we rested our main players, so they were all fresh before the game. And Liverpool was struggling for 4th place with Everton in premiership... and once again we go up on 3 goals advantage and in 15 minutes lose them all... exhaustion? What, Berlusconi took the team to work in some mine to extract some coal during the half time??
And u say Ancheloti feels comfortable only with 13-14 players in his squad??? That's complete nonsense, as I remember him to praise the team for having two players on every position both this and last seasons, so think before u talk.


I didn't get ur explanation, or u didn't get my question. Whe had a relatively easy game with Lyon at home so we rested all our main players to prepair for it. And before much harder game with Barca in Nou-Camp with one goal disadvantage, we didn't rest our players with Messina and played with our main squad.... what's logic in that?? If we will lose the Scudetto, than it's [/U]completely[U] Ancheloti's fault, what the hell was his priorities??????? Do u get what I'm talking about, my point????

I will send you pm with my repsonse cause I dont wanna waste other people's time in the game thread. Right now, however, it's alsmost impossible for me to post - not even sure if this will get through.

On the games:
Wow, Juve leading Sienna 3-0 in the first 8 min of that game, now that should put an end to the rumours of Sienna being Juve's .... "mistress" with a "b".
Milan is playing very well, the team is responding well to the misfortune we had in midweek. We've missed many, many opportunities but scored one through Pippo after a great cross by Janku, I think. Janku is playing pretty well, I think.
Stam got pushed at the back by the morron Lucarelli and got out injured, Billy came in Stams place in CD with Kakha.
Amelia from Livorno is having a great game so far - he saved them on a number of ocassions but had nothing to do for Pippo's goal. I think we are watching our future keeper, don't you think guys? Maybe not from next year but I think we should get him so that he gets used to being at Milan before he taes it from Dida.
Sheva dn Pippo are missing chances by the ton today, hope this doesn't come to haunt us in the end as Juve are sure to take those 3 pts, not that anyone doubted that.

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 09:14
pippo is like a hungry dog! so desperate for goals! we are doing fine oout of cl disappointment

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 09:21
sheva was unlucy! its an art of hitting the bar, remmember the ronny nike ad

mk18
30-04-2006, 09:25
were missing sitters like crazy, i hope this isnt one of those days when we end up rueing them!

mk18
30-04-2006, 09:31
GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL ...

inzaghi!!! great cross by sheva!!

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 09:31
pippo !!!!!! 2-0 gila on for sheva~

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 09:39
amoroso in

dida doing good!

Bosniaco
30-04-2006, 10:09
Well well well... I have to say that Jankulovski proved today that Carlo was wrong for leaving him on the bench the whole season. I think Jankulovski did very very well today, and the last game aginst Messina ofcourse. I also thinkn that Dida did a great job by saving at least 4 good shots from Livorno. Amoruso also came on and did well, he moved well around, he wanted to play good football. Good preformance by our team. Juve won easy, I kind knew that.

zlatanov
30-04-2006, 10:20
Pretty good game for Milan. In the end we lacked a little gas but then again we had already closed the game, so all we needed was to slow the tempo down.
Great game for Dida, he did very, very well on several dangerous ocassions. Same could be said for his Livorno counterpart - Amelia - who saved his team from a disaster. Good game for Janku, Rui, Pirlo anf Gattuso. Sheva and Pippo did great in moving around and thus creating numerous chances but they also missed a ton. Pippo scored two goals, though and that should be enough to book him a place in the Italy squad for the WC. I consider Lippi to be a logical man and can't believe that he would take someone else and not Pippo.
Oh, btw, best goal of the turn in Sreie A - Matrix Materazzi's OWN goal in Empoli-Inter (1-0) ... that was a thing of beauty. materazzi retreating with the ball and passes it to Inter's GK (cesar, I think) with a long shot from the center line. The GK, however, runs towards Materazzi, expecting a low shot ... and the ball flies well above Cesar and into the net. It was a fine, fine goal Beckham style ;)

Kui
30-04-2006, 10:28
Solid performance and still on Juve's heels.

FORZA MILAN!

Graeme C
30-04-2006, 10:38
nice brace for inzaghi, has to be called up for world cup!!!

btw Foggia scored twice for Ascoli, im looking forward for him to play for us next term!!!!

devoted_dm
30-04-2006, 11:01
Good game by Jankulovski, his second good performance in two games. He should definitely be a regular in the starting 11 next season!
Dida had a good game too, and I think he's finally back to his old self again. The game against Barca at the Nou Camp was the confidence booster he needed.
Pippo was good today, scored two goals (although he missed a HUGE opportunity in the first half).
Decent game by Sheva, didn't score, but had one assist and a lot of nice movements. Only some great goalkeeping by Amelia kept him from scoring today.
Rui Costa was great today, playing some lethal through balls and controlling the pace of the game.
Kaladze was decent, and Billy proved once again that he's getting too old to play at this level.

All in all, a good performance by Milan, and 3 points in the bag. All we can do now is hope that Juve stumble against Palermo or Reggina.

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 11:26
Pretty good game for Milan. In the end we lacked a little gas but then again we had already closed the game, so all we needed was to slow the tempo down.
Great game for Dida, he did very, very well on several dangerous ocassions. Same could be said for his Livorno counterpart - Amelia - who saved his team from a disaster. Good game for Janku, Rui, Pirlo anf Gattuso. Sheva and Pippo did great in moving around and thus creating numerous chances but they also missed a ton. Pippo scored two goals, though and that should be enough to book him a place in the Italy squad for the WC. I consider Lippi to be a logical man and can't believe that he would take someone else and not Pippo.
Oh, btw, best goal of the turn in Sreie A - Matrix Materazzi's OWN goal in Empoli-Inter (1-0) ... that was a thing of beauty. materazzi retreating with the ball and passes it to Inter's GK (cesar, I think) with a long shot from the center line. The GK, however, runs towards Materazzi, expecting a low shot ... and the ball flies well above Cesar and into the net. It was a fine, fine goal Beckham style ;)

Guys attention please just LYAO on this video. I think its worth making a Dvd.
I just love matrix.

http://www.inter.it/media/mpg/Part-3581-83458.mpg

rahul.acm
30-04-2006, 11:51
An interista at forza-inter forum: How one person can be so utterly retarded is beyond me. The fact that he has these lapses in games is enough to want to make me boot him in the butt.

Hey xxxxx I think me and you are going to have to take that trip to Milano afterall. A couple of swift boots to the behind might smarten these retards up a little.
................
Materazzi is laughable and has yet again proven that he is one of the laughing stocks of the league.

today was so freaggin great

Vonim
30-04-2006, 12:15
Briliant goal by Materazzi :) :) :) , i saw it live and i didn't know what happened, it took 2 minutes for me to understand what did he do !

Great match from our guys, concidering the match we had on Wednesday. Good effort, many chances, 2 very good goals and we finally got the chance to see what Marco Amelia is capable of . It will be Milan vs Juve for his signing.
Siena did the job for Juve, and i guess it will be as we expected. Milan-Roma and Reggina-Juve will decide the Scudetto

Franco6
30-04-2006, 12:41
Team played very well today and physically everyone was ok. Finally we saw the Jankulovsky of last season. Today Rui Costa was a master and delivered a huge number of assists. I'm happy for him, the guy deserves more apperances.
Unfortunatly now the Scudetto race is turing very difficult for us, 1: because we have only 2 games left, 2: cause we face a decent team (Parma) at the Tardini a ground not very friendly to us and the last game vs Roma. While gobbi will face Palermo at home and Reggina a team already saved.

I'm really annoyed on the way juve beaten Siena. For God's sake I never saw a small Italian club leaving such ample space behind!!!!!

Rick
30-04-2006, 12:52
Great win today! I'm still holding out hope of winning out and seeing Juve stumble. Forza Milano! :gonova:

hitmannq8
30-04-2006, 12:53
nice brace for inzaghi, has to be called up for world cup!!!

btw Foggia scored twice for Ascoli, im looking forward for him to play for us next term!!!!


for some reason, i feel he will be a better player than Sneijder :/

Acmir^
30-04-2006, 13:00
Great win for us we continue the race with Juve and again we showed that we can return big after a defeat.

I was really impressed with Rui and Jankulovsky today they had really great games and i'm really disappointed that Carlo didn't gave them more playing time this season, i hope he learned his lesson for next season.

Rui i love this man he was everywhere today, left, right, attack, defense simply amazing he showed he is a class player and that he could play at least another season, for Milan ofcourse :)

Jim_UK
30-04-2006, 13:07
What position does Foggia play for Ascoli then ?

The-Fan
30-04-2006, 13:29
Acmir: I was really impressed with Rui and Jankulovsky today they had really great games and i'm really disappointed that Carlo didn't gave them more playing time this season

U are so right, specialy about Rui... many members here criticized Carlo for overplaying Kaka and not letting Rui play, and based on his performance today they have a point. He realy played a great match, reminded me the old Rui. Let me just say that at this moment Rui is in much better shape than Kaka.
Jankulovsky too played good, and I'm starting to understand why lots of people here building on him for the next season.
Sheva was great, too bad he underperformed against Barca... I'm kind'a stared to afraid that we are losing him, but today he showed that he is still one of the best. He was everywhere, both setting up and finishing (trying to finish at least). Especialy I liked how he played in opponent's box, like a king, like he owns it. The way he recieved the ball with his chest and produced a shot under pressure (twice) and stuff like that... or his assist to Inzaghi, great low cross in Ronaldinho style (sorry I remind him, it must still hurt). In Nou-Camp it wasn't Sheva playing, it was his shadow. He looked great with the captain strip, he surrely deserves it... his influence on Milan's play is unmeasurable.

zlatanov
30-04-2006, 13:33
What position does Foggia play for Ascoli then ?
I think he is a winger, a right winger to be precise, very uch like Mancini for Roma, I think ... not 100% sure though.

Jim_UK
30-04-2006, 13:38
i thought Abate (something like that) was our right winger ??

Bosniaco
30-04-2006, 14:04
I think he is a winger, a right winger to be precise, very uch like Mancini for Roma, I think ... not 100% sure though.
Something like that, I always compare him to Camoranesi from Juventus just younger. :beach:

Oldman
30-04-2006, 19:07
Briliant goal by Materazzi :) :) :) , i saw it live and i didn't know what happened, it took 2 minutes for me to understand what did he do !


My friend,

Take it as easy as that Materazzi want to give his "prepaid share" to Milan with a hope that Galliani and Carletto would decide to bring him to Milanello.. :p286:

I don't know if Lippi is also impressed with this and bring him in the Azzurri line up??

zlatanov
30-04-2006, 20:26
I'm really annoyed on the way juve beaten Siena. For God's sake I never saw a small Italian club leaving such ample space behind!!!!!
Well, that's becuase you have never seen a small Italian club play Juve with half of its players being former Juve players or Juve players loaned out to that small Italian club. In fact, it's like a public secret that Siena's transfer dealings are dictated by GEA, whose president (?) "just" happens to be Moggi's wonderful and honest to god SON ... actually, little Alessandro (Moggi's son) was just recently arrested by Italian police in connection with some shady business with GEA ... but I am sure that's just a coinsidance and yet another example of innocent people being harrassed by the police ;).
Given the above, 3 goals in 8 min sounds like the least Siena could have given to Juve, don't you think? It's unfortunate, no actually it's quite pathetic but it's been a while since being the champs of Italy also meant being the best team in the country.

Warro Bantan
01-05-2006, 15:53
I have a friend who has read...or rather is reading a book on Italian football...and though I confess to not being surprised by some of the books revalations, I am dismayed that what I thought for so long was iffy, is actually the hard, cold truth.

Many teams in Italy (according to Viali“s book, as well as the aformentioned writing) will trade "favors" with other teams, so as to be in a position to "reclaim" said favor at a time opportune to them:

eg. Siena throws the game to Juve, knowing Juve need to win in order to maintain their three point lead in the table...this way, come next season, when Siena may need a point to stave off relegation, Juve may concede a draw, so as to enable them to stay up...thus repaying the favor of this season...:dontkn: :yuck:

While the above example may not be actual and factual insofar as this season is concerned, I would not be surprised if it is indeed close to the truth.

This "culture" is abhorred in England and Germany for example, but may actually take place in Spain..though in all honesty, I do not know for sure..

There is no doubt in my mind however, that the manner in which they (Siena) did concede the three goals was a clear indication that they were throwing the match, wanted to lose it in the first half, then show their prospective employers (Juve) that they could be considered for the Juve bench next term, by a hard fought second half, where, true to my theory, they prevented Juve from scoring, if nothing else. (This IMO they could have done from the first half)

I did see the game, both RAI“s abbreviated match (they were going back and forth between the Milan and Juve games) as well as the two GolTV replays.

Excellent match from Marek, Rui, Pippo, Sheva, Kaladze, and not too bad a match from Pirlo, who in Sunday“s game, showed that he can indeed tackle.

If this wasnt a signal from Rui that he is far from finished, then I dont know what it was...it was a vintage performance, and hopefully, if he stays for next season, Carlo will opt to start him more...plus, Kaka was a spent force in the Nou Camp, and I am sure Rui would have benefited from the close marking that seems to stifle the younger Brazilian international.

Good game by Milan, poor game by Siena..or no game at all really...so on to the next round!

FORZA MIIIIIIIIIILAN!!!

Vonim
01-05-2006, 19:33
eg. Siena throws the game to Juve, knowing Juve need to win in order to maintain their three point lead in the table...this way, come next season, when Siena may need a point to stave off relegation, Juve may concede a draw, so as to enable them to stay up...thus repaying the favor of this season...:dontkn: :yuck:
That's not only a thought or a suspicion, but it's a fact, and we're not angels in this movie also !
Two years ago, when we were already champions, we played a match against Reggina, who was fighting not to be relegated. Reggina won, and it was the second (and last) defeat for Milan in the season. And what happens next ? Last year we beat them 3:1 at home and 0:1 in Reggio, with an owngoal scored at the begining and without a SINGLE chance for both teams in the entire second half. This year we beat them 2:1 at home ( 2 goals by Maldini in first minutes, and then a goal by Reggina from their first attack in 92 minute) and we won 1:4 away, with Pippo scoring the first goal after clear handball and the most funny penalty given ever for 1:3...Reggina players didn't object to the referee !

Juve is of course, world master of these kind of games. Last year, when they were fighting for the Scudetto in last games, they have beaten Parma. I remember this match perfectly, because Parma's players ( including Gila) were not even trying to pass the midfield. What happened this year ? Juventus-Parma 1:1, with Del Piero missing a penalty in 91 minute.

Yeah, it all sounds paranoic and giving the epithet "fixed" to some matches is an exegaration. But in half of this matches, something's really fishy, and i bet that in a situation where Milan and Juve don't need the points and some smaller team needs them..the smaller team will win the match but lose the next 2-3-4 matches when they'll play against Juve and Milan .

Watch next season what will happen in Juventus-Reggina matches, if Juve wins the match in Reggio, or will Milan win both matches against Roma next season if Milan loses 2 points in Parma next week and Roma beats us in the last round

I hate the term "Italian job" in football , but it was not given for nothing :(

Dil dil
01-05-2006, 23:40
wow glad we won 2-0 it was wonderful won and yes as always Inzaghi score 2 important goals
hope we will win scudetto as I think juve will drop some imortant point next game

Forza Milan
Forza Inzaghi

hitmannq8
02-05-2006, 01:34
Vonim, with all due respect, all you said is pure bs! I might believe the Juve-Siena fixing, and I've also heard rumours before of Milan-Brescia, the thing with Reggina is ridiculous. All Italian fans love to make conspiracies for some reason, it just makes us happier!