PDA

View Full Version : Kobe with Milan jersey


socal
28-06-2006, 16:04
A few years ago I remember seeing Kobe Bryant with a milan jersey. Does anyone have a picture or know where I might be able to find a picture of Kobe with the milan jersey? I want to say I seen it on milan's afficial site but I am not sure. :rone:

Xudong
28-06-2006, 16:06
I didn't even know he is a Milan fan? Are you sure? This is important news as I really don't like Kobe, but he is one of us, I will promise to treat him nicer. :D

SANT
28-06-2006, 16:47
haha, no offense, but this is the silliest thread so far...

are we competing to see who wins the title?

SANT
28-06-2006, 16:52
I had to investigate, and this could be true... I read that Kobe acquired 50% of the shares of Olimpia Milano (basketball team, based in Milan)...

and read this fragment of an article I found on the net.

"an enjoyable interview with AC Milan's Paolo Maldini in Chicago last week. Not only does the ageless wonder speak great English, but he also recently bought a condo for his family in South Beach. (Though I have a hard time imagining him hanging with Shaq, Maldini says they met at a hotel and that "he's a really funny guy." He also spoke Italian with Kobe Bryant when they met at Nike HQ not long ago. I advised him not to invite both Shaq and Kobe to his next party.) Maldini, who has no plans to join MLS, can afford to be candid about why so many European stars want to finish their careers in the U.S. league: "They want to have the experience of living here, and there's no stress. I spoke with [former Milan teammate] Donadoni about playing for the MetroStars, and he said it was good: He got to play golf all day."

socal
28-06-2006, 16:52
I didn't even know he is a Milan fan? Are you sure? This is important news as I really don't like Kobe, but he is one of us, I will promise to treat him nicer. :D
I am sure. I am a huge Kobe fan. If you don't like him then you don't like him no problem by me unless you start in on how he is not a good basketball player then we might have alittle problem. J/K :sagrin: :cheers:

socal
28-06-2006, 16:56
haha, no offense, but this is the silliest thread so far...

are we competing to see who wins the title?
I am not quite sure what you mean by this? Silly thread? Competing to see who wins the title? :dontkn: I would like the picture to show a few friends that it all. If I remember correctly Kobe was holding a milan jersey and smiling. I want to say it was taken in the milan press room but I am not 100% sure.

SANT
28-06-2006, 17:19
as you can see in the article, there is a connection between Koby and Milan, since he owns the basketball team... and has met with Maldini, at least... so that picture could be out there, but I couldn't find it... not yet...

sf_esq
28-06-2006, 17:29
I didn't even know he is a Milan fan? Are you sure? This is important news as I really don't like Kobe, but he is one of us, I will promise to treat him nicer. :D

Ha ha. I agree completely.

ukrainian_CA
28-06-2006, 18:43
as you can see in the article, there is a connection between Koby and Milan, since he owns the basketball team... and has met with Maldini, at least... so that picture could be out there, but I couldn't find it... not yet...

Kobe Bryant has spent some time in Italy. As far as I remeber Kobe's dad had played in Italian basketball league for a while.

ukrainian_CA
28-06-2006, 18:45
Socal, by the way, what bit of Southern Cal. are you from?

Closer to SANT (SD) or me (SJ, North. Cal)?
I went to USC.

Jedi
28-06-2006, 23:53
True, the picture was shown on acmilan.com with Kobe holding a Milan jersey with maldini's name and number and quote from Kobe about Milan and Maldini. He grew up in Milan and his father have shares in the basketball club. I used to have th epicture if i find it I'll post it

socal
29-06-2006, 14:22
Socal, by the way, what bit of Southern Cal. are you from?

Closer to SANT (SD) or me (SJ, North. Cal)?
I went to USC.
Corona :dcool:

socal
29-06-2006, 14:27
True, the picture was shown on acmilan.com with Kobe holding a Milan jersey with maldini's name and number and quote from Kobe about Milan and Maldini. He grew up in Milan and his father have shares in the basketball club. I used to have th epicture if i find it I'll post it
Thanks for confirming it existed Jedi. I was starting to think that I just imagined it. Now if I could only find it to show a few friends.

ukrainian_CA
29-06-2006, 15:43
Corona :dcool:

I thought this was only a brendname :-))) just kidding
Welcome to MM.

hitmannq8
01-07-2006, 09:58
I cant imagine kobe bryant living in milan, its so wierd! leave alone him speaking Italian!

SANT
09-04-2007, 23:42
I found this today in Gazzetta dello Sport...

Kobe Bryant being interviewed, speaking perfect Italian...

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=e4cdeafe-e6c7-11db-ab1f-0003ba99c667

remote2book
09-04-2007, 23:53
yea guys kobe grw up in milan...and he is a huge fan of football (soccer) and e likes Ac milan alot here is a some info from wikipedia...i actually saw him in an interview mentoining all of this.."When Bryant was six, his father left the NBA, moved his family to Italy, and started playing professional basketball there. Bryant acclimated to the lifestyle there and became fluent in Italian. At an early age, he learned to play soccer. He has said that if he had stayed in Italy, he would have tried to become a professional soccer player, and that his favorite team is AC Milan."

Xudong
10-04-2007, 00:05
OK. Now I've decided to officially quit the Kobe haters' club. :D

remote2book
10-04-2007, 00:08
hahhahaha....exactly wat i said ...i mean i like da guy...but i always thought he was a ball hogg...but ever since i heard dat...i was like ok this guy is awsomee

SANT
10-04-2007, 00:09
actually he has been pictured chatting with Paolo Maldini... I haven't been able to locate those pics online, but I remember seeing them...