PDA

View Full Version : Hey, fellow oldtimers, let's put our stories here!


Debs
20-07-2006, 15:12
Old timers…present yourselves…we've had alot of new people join, and we're getting to the point where no one but us knows the history of this site!!!

Forgive me this is a little long.....7 years long....

A long time ago in a galaxy not so far away….my friend Lin and I went to France in June 1998 to visit some friends who live in Metz. Yes, we were there during WC98, yes we ended up watching as much as we could on TV. The Italian team caught our eyes, and as it turns out it was b/c we’d watched A LOT of their qualifying games without even realizing what they were or why they were being played. I spotted 2 players I liked—Pagliuca and Maldini—and Lin spotted Del Piero. Luckily, when we got home I started surfing for info on Maldini and was led straight to AC Milan AND a fan site called Il Rossoneri, which happened to be run by a Dane named Jan Hvvid Hemmigsen.

In August 98 I joined the email list associated with the site. Unfortunately there were a few people on the email list who preferred to argue, fight, call other people idiots, the whole nine yards as they say. It wasn’t long before Jan and I were backing each other up on the list, you know, hey I agree, stop the fighting that’s not what we’re here for, etc. and then we started to email off the list. Eventually Jan told me he was going to take down Il Rossoneri b/c he was designing a new site and the new site would have a forum on it. I’d already been posting a s small forum on another Italian soccer site, so I had at least some idea of what he was talking about. He was working by himself, so we’d chat on ICQ almost daily and he’d ask my opinion on designs and stuff for the site. In January 1999, Milan Mania was launched and I think I was the second or maybe third person to become a member of the forums. In a few moths we’d grown enough that Jan asked if I’d become the moderator—imagine, the forum was small enough that ONE mod could run it, and Jan also decided that I should have all the same permissions on the forum that he had. If only I knew then what I know now…

Allow me to add that also in January of 1999, I received an email reply from someone at AC Milan—replying to one of my weekly good luck emails. Whatever I was doing, don’t stop, we haven’t lost a game yet. And so I met Angelo Destro who works in Milan’s management. I got him to try ICQ, and pretty soon he was raving about oh you are my first Internet friend! It was kind of cute b/c at the time besides being the ticketing agent (or whatever his title is/was) he was also in charge of technology for the team. I think finally after knowing Angelo for close to a year, I mentioned that Lin, her brother and I were thinking of going to Milan and we were hoping to see a game. That’s all it took—Angelo insisted we come over, he’d meet us at the place where the bus from the airport arrived in town and he’d drive us to our hotel. Turns out he had gone nuts planning surprises and treats for the 3 of us—we got a tour of Milan HQ at Via Turatti, including all the time we wanted to wander thru the trophy room, we got the royal treatment at Milanello which included a complete tour by the guy who runs the place (and it was so obvious he was so proud of the facility) and the chance to watch the end of practice and meet most of the team, AND a tour of San Siro literally from the field to the very roof of the place!

Time passed, MM grew and soon Jan was thinking of expanding a bit. Somehow he got into hosting other sites and along the way, Xtratime was created. Again, I gave what advice I could and Jan was constantly showing me designs and asking about color schemes and of course, what could he name it? Anyway, XT came online and grew and I became a mod there as well. And Jan was hosting I don’t know how many other sites; actually I knew nothing of the technical side of things, not even the cost of the server he was using, but now I know the cost was very high and that’s why he was trying to sell hosting to others.

It was in the spring of 2001 that Lin and I made our second trip to Milan and this time, Jan decided it was time for him to see Milan so, yes, we met, saw a game, went to a practice (including lunch in the guest dining room of Milanello), went to headquarters, everything. Shortly after that, Jan kind of vanished. OK, I shouldn’t say that—at first he’d be offline for 2 or 3 weeks, which kind of had me in a tough position. People had questions and problems, especially at XT, and I had no clue what to do about contacting Jan! Finally he told me he’d gone to Milan again and had met someone and was spending a lot of time flying to see her. Time and money, obviously! Eventually his absences would be 6 weeks and longer—he had moved to Germany to be with this woman he met. As time went on he asked me to take over in his position at XT, which was a period of hell I would prefer to not even talk about. I was already “in his position” here at MM and had been for quite a while, even tho he swore this was and always would be his first home and first concern.

Finally Jan’s long absences put MM (and XT) in serious danger—both domains needed to be renewed PLUS we found out from Jan that the situation with the server was critical b/c he was so far in debt, probably to the tune of about $15,000! MM’s domain was due to run out first so I ended up buying it. A small party of people that I worked with at XT decided that since Jan was completely gone and both sites had already suffered 2 “blackouts”—the first one lasting over a week, we were totally offline—that maybe we should prepare for what seemed the certainty that XT was going to come to an end. I don’t recall the exact details, I was so stressed over the attitude of people at XT that I wanted out of there anyway…so eventually the group of us broke away and formed finalfootball.com which was a safety net for the community at XT. (I hated how I was being treated but it was still ingrained in me that I had thousands of people who depended on that site)

Anyway, to make a long story short, I broke away from XT and we severed the ties between it and MM….and moved MM to the server that finalfootball is on. MM was safe, and that was my primary concern! Sadly as life goes on, the group of people I broke away with has dwindled to….gee I think Rezag and I are the only 2 left, which is why—BLATANT PLUG—we’re always looking for people to help fund MM on a regular basis. I don’t want to have to call it quits, but I can’t afford the server by myself and neither can Rezag. Nor should anyone go into debt over a server, I swore that would never happen after what happened to Jan!

Now if anyone remembers Jan…no, I have no clue where he is; no I haven’t heard from him in almost 2 years tho of course my email address has changed. The last time he posted anything here was when he was “giving input” when Rez and Andrew (one of the group members who split from XT) and I were having someone do some redesign work for us. I have no idea if he’s even still at XT, you’d have to go there and ask.

So there’s my seven year long tale! Old timers….let’s get all these kids up to speed!

zZ[-_-]Zz
20-07-2006, 15:33
that's one long story... and to think i actually read through it... tho i pretty much can't understand alot of things... anyway... i'm thankful to you for this forum... =)

SANT
20-07-2006, 15:35
and after all this, we wonder why Debs gets upset when we use this marvellous tool to just fight and call each other names?

wow!!! Debs, this is a great story, and says a lot about all the work that you, and Rezag, and others have done so we have the chance to be a small part of all this...

Debs
20-07-2006, 18:46
Yes, now you understand why certain things really totally tick me off! :w221: Glad you read it and glad you liked it!

ct
21-07-2006, 04:08
I love Milan since USA 94'. Funny how our love for Milan grown from Italy's defeat eh? Was extremely devastated by the defeat by Ajax in 95'. Keep on supporting Milan even though the local TV shows zero Serie A. Managed to catch the game whenever Milan in CL. That's all really.

Then, I moved to UK. And thankfully, Channel 4 shows Serie A every Sunday afternoon. You can hear the squealing from Italy. Seriously. I was so happy about that. Continuing watching game while doing school work.

It was Sunday. The sun comes out, the summer is finally here. Milan has a game against I think... Bologna. Lazio and Milan is head to head for scudetto 99'. Milan beat Bologna I think. And Lazio can only tie the game. The anticipation for Lazio result is killing me. Then, it's finally over for Lazio and Milan is the scudetto champion. I was so excited. Really really happy for the result.

Went to the Net to look for Milan news. Because HELLOO!!!!! WE WON THE SCUDETTO!!!! Found the site, and I enjoyed the comments and the happiness all around. Registered because I want to share the moment. Was too shy to post. Really. I waited for like... two days before I got my nerve to start posting. And I didn't mucked up too much. Was pretty excited when someone quote me. OMG! He quote me. I think it was Kui. LOL.

Visited XT. Lonely place. Yes. I thought XT is a very lonely place compared to MM. I registered because I saw some familiar faces. Love playing hide and seek, cos I used different nick in XT. Enjoyed both sites, untill, I went home. No net, no Serie A, no nothing.

Then Milan decided to chuck Albertini away. It made me sad. He's my favourite player in Milan, heck, I decided to support Milan in the beginning because of him. So, I think I better stay away from anything Milan for a while. Keep in contact with Gabrielle. She's my updates. I did come to the forum sometimes, but I rarely post.

Was over the moon when Milan got the CL and Scudetto, though I did not share my emotions with you guys. Was extremely wanted to kill all these Liverpool for their very lucky win in CL. Ceh. Came back because it's the WC. And all those accusations against Milan. The last two weeks is such a bittersweet moment from me.

For me, Milan is still the best team in world. And MM is a huge part of it. I don't even go to the official site, I got everything from MM. MM is also the first internet forum I joined. And it serve the basic for comparison to other forums. It's great to see some old faces are still around. *wave* I'm sorry if I could not contribute much, I need to catch up with some of the old news. LOL.

I hope the site will still be around in the 20 years or so. Thank you Debs. Thank you Jan for starting it up. Thank you mods. Thank you to all whose contributed. You made me love Milan more than I thought I could possilby had. Thank you.

*thus, ct had finished its acceptance speech :p *

Debs
21-07-2006, 07:00
ct, that's a lovely story! I remember you saying in the past how you were in the UK but luckily did get games. Same way here--on Sundays when we can get a Milan game we're glued to the tube, yelling and screaming. The cat hates Sunday games days--too noisy! :3band: I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard us when Italy won the World Cup.

20 years from now? No, I think I'll sell it off before then....

humanTORCH
21-07-2006, 09:14
....all the good memories....
Haha...CT you got Gabrielle as your 'updater',you know what she was my updater too till now when I kinda busy I will asked her for updates. :1five:

One of the best times I had in Milanmania was the time the chat (yes I mean the chat) was the most active.
We have a crazy time at that time, full of laughters and madness.
Posters that I can recalled like Bodat, Adnan, khris and REZAG :devf:

You won't believe the topic that we "discussed" :rolleyes:

days gone by and I have been around for about 4 years now.
Debs, I feel like one of the dinosaurs now :crybaby: :nervous:

Debs
21-07-2006, 09:48
One of the best times I had in Milanmania was the time the chat (yes I mean the chat) was the most active.
We have a crazy time at that time, full of laughters and madness.
Posters that I can recalled like Bodat, Adnan, khris and REZAG :devf:

You won't believe the topic that we "discussed" :rolleyes:

days gone by and I have been around for about 4 years now.
Debs, I feel like one of the dinosaurs now :crybaby: :nervous:

Maybe I don't want to know the topic you guys discussed! :o :sexe:

I loved chat too, on game days! That was a total blast! Whoever was getting the game live on TV would do the reporting. It was like a ritual, we HAD to be in chat during games. Found out later that little feature, back then, was costing Jan like $100 a month! I'd like to find another solution for us and get that going again.

Jim_UK
21-07-2006, 09:53
debs ... see my post in the 'looking for a few good people' thread

Debs
21-07-2006, 10:00
Just replied to it. Thing is to really make this work we need more than 1 or 2 people working on it. It's alot of work, so a committee of people with some skills might be nice....

humanTORCH
21-07-2006, 23:35
Maybe I don't want to know the topic you guys discussed! :o :sexe:

I loved chat too, on game days! That was a total blast! Whoever was getting the game live on TV would do the reporting. It was like a ritual, we HAD to be in chat during games. Found out later that little feature, back then, was costing Jan like $100 a month! I'd like to find another solution for us and get that going again.

You can say that again :D
At one point of time some of us was deprived to watch some of the matces. So we have to rely on Bodat for the update. While we chat bodat will be the 'commentator' but guess what, all the updates he made aren't all true etc. the final score :rollani:

Khris telling us all the story about Reza was hilarious.
Bt the way I did say Khris posting recently.......Hey Khris welcome back mate. :sagrin:

rossoneroid
21-07-2006, 23:38
Well it was on 2001/02 season when Milan is looking forward to find Gaizka Mendieta signings after his remarkable performance with Valencia during the season. So that I search on the net about the related news and also I search on an e-mail account which has word "milan" as the address, and then I end up here on MilanMania, on the old days it has an email account milanfan.com , so that we can have an email address as: [email protected], and then I registered here with the username "echo" , the most gorgeous member from Indonesia :D

ct
22-07-2006, 08:51
DEbs... the cat is still alive??? OMG! How many years already, the cat is still there? I think secretly your cat loves milan, because hello! It's owner is someone cool to support something cool. LOL.

20 years from now? No, I think I'll sell it off before then....

LOL. I want MM to be around when I get my first athritis! It is possible.

Tony75
22-07-2006, 15:42
Hi All, I've been here for quite some time too. Don't do many posts, but I do alot of reading, so I'm always watching. I've been a Milanista since the 92-93 season, and have supported the Italian team so since USA 94, due to the amount of Milan players with them. Not sure what else to say, but I've been to the San Siro twice, first time to see the derby against that small team from the other side, then against Lecce 4 years ago. I've also seen Milan play in two pre-season tournaments in Amsterdam & Madrid. Was a couple of feet from all the players when they stayed at a hotel in Madird, but has decided not to bring my camera with me then. Damn. Anyway, will always be a MILANISTA no matter what. FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE.

Kui
23-07-2006, 04:07
Hi All, I've been here for quite some time too. Don't do many posts, but I do alot of reading, so I'm always watching. I've been a Milanista since the 92-93 season, and have supported the Italian team so since USA 94, due to the amount of Milan players with them. Not sure what else to say, but I've been to the San Siro twice, first time to see the derby against that small team from the other side, then against Lecce 4 years ago. I've also seen Milan play in two pre-season tournaments in Amsterdam & Madrid. Was a couple of feet from all the players when they stayed at a hotel in Madird, but has decided not to bring my camera with me then. Damn. Anyway, will always be a MILANISTA no matter what. FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE.


Holy smoly! We even got long lost brudders we never knew we had!

Shame on you Tony75! LOL! You should participate more. :u125:

ACMILAN1983
23-07-2006, 06:14
I noticed Inferno returned yesterday too ;)

looks to me as some of the old guard are returning, but also some interesting new posters coming, I think the posts about "the forum going downhill" may soon be of no need. ;)

Reza
23-07-2006, 14:03
One of the best times I had in Milanmania was the time the chat (yes I mean the chat) was the most active.
We have a crazy time at that time, full of laughters and madness.
Posters that I can recalled like Bodat, Adnan, khris and REZAG :devf:

You won't believe the topic that we "discussed" :rolleyes:



Rumours rumours rumours :grinser:

Debs
23-07-2006, 15:11
DEbs... the cat is still alive??? OMG! How many years already, the cat is still there? I think secretly your cat loves milan, because hello! It's owner is someone cool to support something cool. LOL.

LOL. I want MM to be around when I get my first athritis! It is possible.


Yep, ct, same cat! He's only 11 or 12, we've had him since May of 98. Actually, for a season or 2...oh actually it must have been alot longer...we used to say "rub the cat for luck" and we'd rub his fur all over, as luck for Sheva to score. You'd be amazed how many times it actually worked! :pr115:

While we're speaking of chancey the cat....well, I'll post more about the party we had yesterday, but you would have laughed yer butts off to see Chancey taking up 2/3 of the sofa in the family room, laying by Lin's dad, acting cute and soaking in attention...all the while we had loud music and at least 35 people milling about.

Come on, Rez....rumors??? :d6:

humanTORCH
24-07-2006, 07:38
I can't be rumours....after knowing Rezag.
Better get away from him :howler: :w209:

Reza
24-07-2006, 11:02
I can't be rumours....after knowing Rezag.
Better get away from him :howler: :w209:

Khris and humanTORCH should (have) be banned :guw:

When we had the chat it was fun, this week I'll look into it again, try to find something that works well :)

Debs
24-07-2006, 14:43
:ban:

Like that? :gonova: :gonova:

SANT
24-07-2006, 15:02
Debs, what would you do without that little cheerleader smiley, huh?

humanTORCH
25-07-2006, 08:27
Khris and humanTORCH should (have) be banned :guw:

When we had the chat it was fun, this week I'll look into it again, try to find something that works well :)

Reza, once again I remind you to stop abusing your powers. Ever considering banning yourself? :nasty:

Reza
25-07-2006, 11:35
Self-ban is a new feature...coming soon :D

Debs
28-07-2006, 19:21
Debs, what would you do without that little cheerleader smiley, huh?

Well, sweetie, just so happens wayyyyy wayyy back when I was a newbie here, Jan called me the cheerleader of the forums. I had tons o' enthusiasm...and the name kinda stuck. So I have an affinity to that little smilie!

Also to this one... :web: No I don't knit but it's amusing...

And to this one... :1whis:


And I specifically asked if we could find a fainting one...:faint:


And inquiring minds want to know when Rezag and Kui will post their stories!

humanTORCH
30-07-2006, 10:07
is is just me or lately some of the old posters are back. Some of them that I can recalled are Mange and Oldman. :eekani:

Bodat
08-08-2006, 22:35
Are they really old or old in the different meaning? :D :D :D

Hi all!! :D

RIO
09-08-2006, 10:00
Bodat. Bodette. Which is it this time pal? ;)
All I can say about Bodat is, if that picture he posted (of some international male model/soft porn featured player, no doubt) was really him, I'd be lost in the jungle right now looking for him!
Sadly, I know he's really a 78 year old (but still so spry) Indonesian guy who wears flip-flops and rides a giant turtle he calls Lala around the village while smoking Kents. The kids in town refer to him as that old guy who periodically hogs the internet connection.
:D

RIO
09-08-2006, 10:14
As for me...
I was born in a poor sharecropper's shotgun shack in Belzoni Mississippi. After many picturesque adventures on a raft on the Big Muddy, I settled in San Francisco with a bunch of hippies and my Toscana grandmother. A couple of her elderly, asthmatic cousins showed up in the City one day and gave me a bunch of lira (worth 10000000 lira, or 2 dollars American) and a set of 1982 Serie A/Serie B panini stickers. I was informed that Milan was the best team and took that to heart. A few years later I was watching television with my grandmother and discovered Italian TV (RAI UNO). Thus, amidst the cheezy variety shows and dubbed Love Boat episodes, I was able to actually see AC Milan play. I was quite impressed with their little shorts and dreadlocks. Since Juve had not figured out how to bribe the programmers of San Francisco's channel 26, I got to see Milan play quite often, in the guise of "spending time" my grandmother (she would tell me where the Italian players were from, since she could "tell" who was Siciliano on sight). Many years later, after shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die and other exciting non-Milan related adventures, I got a computer with an Internet connection and discovered MilanMania. I also discovered that Bodat is a 78 year old turtle fan and that Debs really likes Ronaldo better than Paolo Maldini (but can't admit it since it'd ruin her cred here), but those revelations are for another time and place.

humanTORCH
09-08-2006, 18:30
Bodat. Bodette. Which is it this time pal? ;)
All I can say about Bodat is, if that picture he posted (of some international male model/soft porn featured player, no doubt) was really him, I'd be lost in the jungle right now looking for him!
Sadly, I know he's really a 78 year old (but still so spry) Indonesian guy who wears flip-flops and rides a giant turtle he calls Lala around the village while smoking Kents. The kids in town refer to him as that old guy who periodically hogs the internet connection.
:D

hahaha...totally agree.
Welcome back RIO and my friend Bodatte.
Hey Bodat, Reza miss u :w262:

Bodat
10-08-2006, 01:20
:coffee:

I dont ride turtle anymore, RIO!
Lala went to Hollywood to make her dream as a movie star comes true! :haha:

Reza miss me, you said HT??
Is he still gay? :neww:
Poor Reza! :haha:

Kui
10-08-2006, 03:46
Are they really old or old in the different meaning? :D :D :D

Hi all!! :D

Good to see you again Bodat! Stay for a while will you?

Kudos to the RIO as well. Its always nice to see the old family members coming home!

humanTORCH
10-08-2006, 04:24
Damned you still remember :eekani:

humanTORCH
10-08-2006, 04:25
Reza miss me, you said HT??
Is he still gay? :neww:
Poor Reza! :haha:

You can say that again Bodatte.You said the G word. :eekani:
Shhhhhh...about Reza,let's just say it's our little secret. :haha:

Jim_UK
10-08-2006, 07:08
I saw a post from Koeke today too :eek:

It's like a magnet slowly drawing them all back in :D

Debs
10-08-2006, 18:02
I also discovered that Bodat is a 78 year old turtle fan and that Debs really likes Ronaldo better than Paolo Maldini (but can't admit it since it'd ruin her cred here), but those revelations are for another time and place.


I thought Bodat was celebrating 99 great years young??? And SHHHHHHHHH....Heather, whatcha trying to do to me, girl??? :web:

Yo, hey you...Rezag....yeah, the Canuck up there in Toronto....post your tale, bud! Come on, don't be shy!!! :sweeteye:

midori
10-08-2006, 22:07
Koeke posted?! :gonova:

Nice to see so many older, er, senior posters. Everyone comes home, eventually.

Reza
10-08-2006, 23:10
Nice to see you Bodat but what is all this talk? about me? :D I'll be back to use some of the forum features soon :tong:
Debs, there isn't much to tell in my case, but maybe soon I'll post something

Angel_Cic
10-08-2006, 23:58
Debs...great idea for this thread. i'm truly impressed with everything you guys have done for this forum. i've been here for a few years now and have experienced so many great stories, experiences and opinions. i have also had the opportunity to get to know some really good people and make some great friendships. of those people, i have so far had the pleasure to meet Reza, Carlos (goirre), and Dragana (ariel) in person. although i must admit that i can't imagine not knowing any one of my mm buddies now :tong:

as for the oldtimers...it's good that you guys are popping up again! i hope you have the opportunity to re-introduce yourselves to the newer generations :)

Bodat
11-08-2006, 01:00
Re-introduce?
Why not... as long as there's no objection about what I am gonna say about myself!

My name is Michael.
I am still young, at least younger than Debs! :D
Born in 70s...
For now, live in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Being Milanisti since 1985, when Liverpool lost in CL final, started to hate Juve for that! ;)
Since my uncle named Silvio Berlusconi knew that I was a Milanisti, then he agreed on my suggestion that he had to buy AC Milan!
The rest of it we could read on our AC Milan's great history! :D

In late 90s, I was active in forza milan bulletin board. At that place, I read an advertisement from Jan, the founder of this forum, about this lovely milanmania. I joined this forum at May 1999 with username Milanindo (but too bad, few months ago, our beloved admin deleted all usernames, included so many usernames I had, who havent been active...) and after that, every month I registered so many nicknames in order to make our member lists seemed to be full of people!
Being an super active poster in this forum with so many meaningless posts :D, and I believe it irritated so many people around MM, then Jan asked Debs about what to do with me...
Jan came with idea to ban me, while the wise Debs came with idea to make me as moderator so I could learn from others how to make a responsible post and in the same time be ashamed to make a meaningless posts... :D
As always, Debs won and Jan lost!! :D
And for shake of that history, that's why I've never been demoted from this forum, even tho I've abandoned this forum for a so many long time... Thanks Debs... You're so wise! :D
And to Rezag too... I know you adore me so much! But, as you know, I am afraid of weird people! :p017:
In the early time of this forum, so many friends I had here such as; Kui, goose, mange, Jan, Debs, Tony75, RIO, Psycho, ct, San Siro, Walter, Susi, HT, Kris, Khris, and so many others name... I admire them for their wisdom, cleverness and their great sense of humor, which make our solidity in friendship became big and big...
That's why you dont have to wonder why after all this long time, we, the old timers, look so close one to another...
And I hope I can be that close too with you all the newer generation, not only because we all here have a same interest with AC Milan, but also because I believe the members of the newer generation have the same quality and the same beauty with the old generation!

That's all I can say for now...
Dont ask me whether the story I put up there is true or not! I am afraid the name I mentioned would be mad at me! :5nana:

ct
11-08-2006, 01:38
Rio!!! :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Sings with me now!

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand.
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land.
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio Rio dance across the Rio Grande.

Welcome back Heather!

Bodat! I'm bore. Timezone sucks, they really do lol. And I will try to get Gabrielle around. Just had a chat with her last night, me complaining about omg!ilovepippowhatshouldidoooo!! :D Nice to see you guys around.

Jim_UK
11-08-2006, 05:03
I also discovered that Bodat is a 78 year old turtle fan


You'll be pleased to know Bodat that there is a new turtles film coming out. Cowabunga dudes ! :D

RIO
11-08-2006, 10:04
Koeke posted?!

Since I've been to Belgium a few times, for some obscure reason, this name always makes me think of lunch. ;) :bcake:

Jim_UK
11-08-2006, 10:40
How Rio ? :googly:

Koeke ... cookie ?? :D

Kui
11-08-2006, 10:46
Still waiting for Wenjie to come on home.

Jim_UK
11-08-2006, 14:51
Anyone remember a member called David Gallo ? Something like that anyway. His avatar was a picture of himself in a milan top. He was great and always posted informative stuff ... then he just disappeared.

Maybe MM has it's own Bermuda triangle type of thing that sucks members up into it and they get lost in the void for years ... until they come out the other side of course :D

Can you tell i'm quite bored ?

midori
11-08-2006, 21:40
David Gallo....didn't he live in Paris? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else?

Jim_UK
12-08-2006, 04:56
I think so Midori, i'm not entirely sure.

Inferno
12-08-2006, 05:28
I remember David Gallo, Italian guy... can't remember about Paris thou but it's ringing correct... in his avatar he looked like Gattuso's twin! :sun:

Jim_UK
12-08-2006, 06:04
That's him Inferno ... spot on

One of the things i remember about you Inferno is that you were always on about Cisse :D

At least i'm pretty sure it was you ...

Inferno
12-08-2006, 06:19
Ha ha ha, It was me. I remember when I Joined Kris got me barred b/c of that... all I was on was Weah-Cisse Weah-Cisse... I should have got a ban realy :D

midori
12-08-2006, 07:46
Lucky us that you weren't ;) I remember you on out about Cisse, and I could never have any qualms about someone going on about King George.

So RIO, or Koeke, is koeke a bakery? Or a cake?

triniman
12-08-2006, 09:47
Well good to see that i am remembered :)........hmph!!!!!

Anyway on to my story for those of u that still care about me....which seems few at present :)... ( where are carlos and kris when u need them )

Anyway....been a milan lover since the first time i saw them play back in the 87/88 season......the fact that they had 2 black guys with dreads on their team was what first caught my eye...then after watching game after game , i began to realize that i was watching the best team in the world game in and game out.....

So i let go of my likeness for liverpool (,,,,,yes i used to like liverpool with barnes , beardsley and aldridge.........i know i know...i already asked god for forgivness) i was now all milan and it has been that way since...

I joined this site some years later....like this year will be 7 years i believe....and well the rest is history....known debs from when she was just a mod.....and the rest of us oldtimers were considered new members......alot have gone, some came back , but the spirit is still here....and it will always be :)

Debs
12-08-2006, 13:15
My name is Michael.
I am still young, at least younger than Debs! :D
Born in 70s...
For now, live in Jakarta, Indonesia.

In late 90s, I was active in forza milan bulletin board. At that place, I read an advertisement from Jan, the founder of this forum, about this lovely milanmania. I joined this forum at May 1999 with username Milanindo (but too bad, few months ago, our beloved admin deleted all usernames, included so many usernames I had, who havent been active...) and after that, every month I registered so many nicknames in order to make our member lists seemed to be full of people!
Being an super active poster in this forum with so many meaningless posts :D, and I believe it irritated so many people around MM, then Jan asked Debs about what to do with me...
Jan came with idea to ban me, while the wise Debs came with idea to make me as moderator so I could learn from others how to make a responsible post and in the same time be ashamed to make a meaningless posts... :D
As always, Debs won and Jan lost!! :D

That's why you dont have to wonder why after all this long time, we, the old timers, look so close one to another...
And I hope I can be that close too with you all the newer generation, not only because we all here have a same interest with AC Milan, but also because I believe the members of the newer generation have the same quality and the same beauty with the old generation!

That's all I can say for now...
Dont ask me whether the story I put up there is true or not! I am afraid the name I mentioned would be mad at me! :5nana:


Oh brother.... :u31: ..the history of MM thru the eyes of Bodat!! :1whis: Well, you are right, my friend, Jan always lost when it came to decisions here on the forums! OK, OK, just kidding! :musk: But now you've explained why we had 5,000 members before someone looked into it and saw that we had alot of people who registered and never posted!! They were all YOU!!! Clever, clever boy!

People are bringing up names from the past...I have one, I've been thinking of him on and off for the past couple of weeks. Does anyone remember Pablo? From Australia? He and I used to chat alot, then it got more sporadic...and then he just kind of vanished about 2 years ago. I miss him, and I miss Wenji too...it's been ages! And yeah, I remember David Gallo too...

I hope newer members of the forums are having fun reading as we old farts reminisce while we sit in our rocking chairs on the front porch of the old folks home! :1whis:

lked
12-08-2006, 13:25
I hope newer members of the forums are having fun reading as we old farts reminisce while we sit in our rocking chairs on the front porch of the old folks home! :1whis:
Oo yes .. this theard is starting to be interesting ..
great storie Bodat , i liked your frankness : when you told that you where loged in here with many usernames :delol:

It would be nice if someone else (user who been in MM for years) now come at tell us another history of MM "through his eyes" as Debs sad :ilol:

Jim_UK
12-08-2006, 15:54
Well good to see that i am remembered :)........hmph!!!!!

Anyway on to my story for those of u that still care about me....which seems few at present :)... ( where are carlos and kris when u need them )

Anyway....been a milan lover since the first time i saw them play back in the 87/88 season......the fact that they had 2 black guys with dreads on their team was what first caught my eye...then after watching game after game , i began to realize that i was watching the best team in the world game in and game out.....

So i let go of my likeness for liverpool (,,,,,yes i used to like liverpool with barnes , beardsley and aldridge.........i know i know...i already asked god for forgivness) i was now all milan and it has been that way since...

I joined this site some years later....like this year will be 7 years i believe....and well the rest is history....known debs from when she was just a mod.....and the rest of us oldtimers were considered new members......alot have gone, some came back , but the spirit is still here....and it will always be :)


hahahahaha ... of course we care about you Curtis and miss you :beer: It's just that we all knew you were coming back :D It's not the same place without you mate :5ok:

Anyway, enough with the male bonding ... i think you're one of the few people who can answer the question of where Carlos is ... he's disappeared into the internet void too. :u31:

midori
12-08-2006, 16:55
Of course nice to see you Curtis :) Yes, and it would be nice to find out where Carlos has disappeared to.

Some other names off the top of my head.....Shevchenko-7 (name change maybe?), Yuri, aim, Helena, Giovanni, Aboody, Peive.....

Jim_UK
12-08-2006, 17:07
Argo, Lorenzo, Sandra ...

Giovanni is around but not posting, i'm not sure when or if he's coming back. Although it won't be right now as i think he's in Malta for a week ... getting drunk and chasing girls with Franco :rotfl:

triniman
12-08-2006, 21:02
carlos graduated school and now lives in miami...i'm guessing he's just about settling in ...or went home on vacation...so by the beginning of the season he should be around and more active than before.....

David Gallo....wow...what a name to remember...lol...he was cool...and yes he has not been around in years...

Pablo and I used to PM each other alot...but that all stopped about 2 years ago also...and now i never hear from him at all....

Lorenzo...well we have to ask Ariel about that....she would know best....

Sandra moved to italy a while ago , not sure ifit was permanent or not...but that was the last i heard from her.....

I can go on and on about old timers....i feel like i have been here forever...

goose
12-08-2006, 21:19
Uh oh, I believe I'm one of those oldtimers :1old: so I figure I better inject myself into the conversation here.

My story...well, lemme see...I'm an American and I've been a Milan fan since the early '90s. I've never played a game of football in my life but growing up I watched and supported some close friends who played the game. And I must say, I actually enjoyed myself. :p286:

But moving forward...a girlfriend I was briefly with in college was a huge fan of the team. Funny, she wasn't really that attractive to me but she was fun and I really dug that sick, twisted sense of humor she had. Looking back, I remember the first time I really laid eyes on her in a lustful way was when she was wearing this catchy, red and black striped shirt with the huge white letters OPEL on the front. Was the attraction more towards her or was it the shirt grabbing my attention? :confused:

Anyway, in case you the shirt description confused you :hammer: she was a Milan fan. Which of course, if I had to stay in her good graces, made me a Milan fan.

But eventually I literally got sick of the girlfriend's sick humor but the admiration for the team remained. So at this time I would to take this opportunity to thank you, Rachel :star: , for introducing me to the world of AC Milan. And thanks for the other fun moments. :sexe: But moving on...

My first professional match I ever saw in the flesh was the Italian Super Cup, featuring Milan and Torino. In order to promote the game before USA 1994, the Super Cup was played at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC. The game was a snoozefest 1-0 scoreline, but I was pleased because if you can recall, Milan won that trophy. :p283:

My support was on and off because back then TV coverage of football here in America stayed nil, despite the success of the WC. But, when I moved out to Arizona in October 1998, my Milan support really exploded. Cable channels specializing in the beautiful game were starting to ramp up, FSC which was called Fox Sports World back then played regular Serie A games, the International Channel showed a game every Sunday, GOL TV started up......

But of course this cool thing called the Internet, or as President Bush calls it - the Internets - made supporting AC Milan almost a full time job. I remember back in the early 1999 looking for anything and everything related to the team. Milan at that time was near the top of the table, grinding out 1-0 victories under new manager Alberto Zaccheroni. It was an exciting time for me. My team was back on top after a couple of forgettable seasons and being able to use these new things called message boards to express my raw thoughts and feelings to fellow fans all over the world and to get responses from them almost instantaneously...:eekani: The Internet proved to be a really, really powerful communication device and source of information. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....Moving forward...

One message board I visited often, what was it called? Hold on a second the name escapes me... :confused: Oh yes, It comes back to me now...it was called Milanmania. Really cool. I recall the message board there was more user friendly and intuitive than the other Milan board I was logging in to. I eventually stayed away from that other board because the posters there were mainly yakking about transfers. "We need this guy", "this guy on our team sucks and we should buy that guy" was all I was reading. Geez folks it's March, we're almost in a dead heat with Lazio and all you guys want to talk about is transfers?! Of course, all they could say to me was to go somewhere.

Anyway, isn't it funny how some things never change?

Thankfully I wasn't alone in speaking out against this year long buzz of transfer talk. Her screen name was Debs. Boy did she have some opinions. She really went at some people, like a pit bull. She guaranteed a Scudetto, no she didn't actually say that, I'm kidding...but she was a great cheerleader and she said that Milan would shock Italy with a Scudetto even though at that time Lazio were the better team. Her posts were passionate and they revealed a very strong personality. I literally hung on every word typed by her.

You remember those days Debs? What did you say, I was like your twin because we agreed on almost anything? Wow, what a time that was. We eventually won the Scudetto, everyone was friendly and the conversation was great. It was like back in the 70s when skateboarders first discovered they can skate in empty pools. It was like we had carte blanche and we could paint this place in whatever way came to us.

Of course we had the intense flame war when Terim suddenly got sacked. Then there was the awful disaster here when Milan got kicked out of Europe by Galatasaray. Just to name a couple of dark periods. Mean and nasty or light and friendly, this place has seen it all and grown up and matured.

Seven years, folks. Do you believe it? This place has been my home for seven freaking years. You can't say that about other fan sites. Are there other Milan fan sites out there that have been out longer? None that I know of, nor do I care. Milanmania is home.

Anyway Debs, I know you're going through some stressful times here, but if I could give you the world to keep this place going forever, I would.

Uh oh, old timer :1old: here is getting too sentimental. Better move on...

Angel_Cic
12-08-2006, 22:39
nice to have you back Curtis :) i know we never spoke one on one...but it wasn't long ago that you entertained me with your quick come-backs and thoughtful responses to posts. i still have Carlos on my msn but we've pretty much lost touch. send him my greetings next time you chat with him.

Vadim
12-08-2006, 22:40
That's quite a story, goose :5ok:

I wish I could find a girl whose a Milanista. So far I do not love any girl as much as I love Milan. :firedev:

midori
12-08-2006, 23:08
Great story Goose, nice to see you. Sounds like for you it was love at first sight, just maybe not for the girl but for Milan ;)

Vadim I understand, me too ( I mean, not to find a girl cause I am a girl, lol but I know what you mean). Heck, even someone who likes football in general would be a good start.

humanTORCH
13-08-2006, 01:52
Hey do all of you lived in one house. suddenly almost everyone came back. How come I did not received any reunion card! :tong:
First thing first to all new members: Never trust everything that Bodatte say!
Secondly, don't get near Reza! :tong:

Since that wave and wave of the old posters are back...all I have to say is welcome back and I hope that none of U will disappear again. :1whis:

If you notice, Debs and Reza, there seems to be abundance of moderators now :smileani:

ct
13-08-2006, 03:56
They're back! OMG! They're back. :proud:

lked
13-08-2006, 04:05
Nice story Goose ..
And i will use this post to welcome back all the "old" members of milanmania who came back again:)

Jim_UK
13-08-2006, 05:15
Curtis, the last i heard of Lorenzo he'd left university and had a job. That was about a year ago.

I know Sandra's off in Italy studying, i thought it was for a year or so but it might be permenant. I guess Mia, Dragana or Giovanni might be the people to ask.

I think all our recently returned members should post new photos of themselves :D

midori
13-08-2006, 07:19
humantorch we are all crammed into one house fighting viciously over the one computer, notice none of us ever post at the same time ;) You obviously did not get the post card, damn postal service. It's like salmon returning to where they were born :D

Debs
13-08-2006, 14:56
... and being able to use these new things called message boards to express my raw thoughts and feelings to fellow fans all over the world and to get responses from them almost instantaneously...:eekani: The Internet proved to be a really, really powerful communication device and source of information. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....Moving forward...

One message board I visited often, what was it called? Hold on a second the name escapes me... :confused: Oh yes, It comes back to me now...it was called Milanmania. Really cool. I recall the message board there was more user friendly and intuitive than the other Milan board I was logging in to. I eventually stayed away from that other board because the posters there were mainly yakking about transfers. "We need this guy", "this guy on our team sucks and we should buy that guy" was all I was reading. Geez folks it's March, we're almost in a dead heat with Lazio and all you guys want to talk about is transfers?! Of course, all they could say to me was to go somewhere.

Thankfully I wasn't alone in speaking out against this year long buzz of transfer talk. Her screen name was Debs. Boy did she have some opinions. She really went at some people, like a pit bull. She guaranteed a Scudetto, no she didn't actually say that, I'm kidding...but she was a great cheerleader and she said that Milan would shock Italy with a Scudetto even though at that time Lazio were the better team. Her posts were passionate and they revealed a very strong personality. I literally hung on every word typed by her.

You remember those days Debs? What did you say, I was like your twin because we agreed on almost anything? Wow, what a time that was. We eventually won the Scudetto, everyone was friendly and the conversation was great. Of course we had the intense flame war when Terim suddenly got sacked. Then there was the awful disaster here when Milan got kicked out of Europe by Galatasaray. Just to name a couple of dark periods. Mean and nasty or light and friendly, this place has seen it all and grown up and matured.

Seven years, folks. Do you believe it? This place has been my home for seven freaking years. You can't say that about other fan sites. Are there other Milan fan sites out there that have been out longer? None that I know of, nor do I care. Milanmania is home.



Goosie!! I'm blushing after reading your post, BUT....do you recall we met up BEFORE Milanmania??? Remember that real simple message board at...aaahhh....was that at Italian-Soccer.com??? There was a handful of us who posted there all the time....I'm trying to think of some of the others...was Tazz who's at XT one of them? Anyway, folks, the reason I reacted to Goose so much was that his screen name hit me between the eyes--Goose....Jeff Agoos of the DC United....b/c at the time I was following them very avidly and I have to admit I think they have the most amazing team logo and hey, how about those team colors? So yes indeed, Goose and I go way, wayyyyy back!! :v408: Twins, oh yes indeed!

And yes, Goose....BRIAN...I do recall those very early days. It was my first season totally hooked on AC Milan, I was still very much learning about the whole European scene...Champions League....UEFA Cup...it was all so confusing but luckily I had made friends with some very knowledgable Ajax fans on Yahoo chat and the one guy took the time to educate me to the language of caps, the different leagues and all of that. But most of my education came from all the people right here. Yeah, I was labelled by Jan as the cheerleader, a title I gladly carry. Even back then it drove me nuts how people could be so flippin', flamin' negative over every aspect of the team. No game was ever good enough, no one's performance was ever good enough, and everyone was just throwing out name after name to add to the team. What bull pucky!!!

And yes, I do recall that prediction I made. I didn't say scudetto exactly, I said not to give up on the current squad b/c they had a surprise in store for us. Wasn't that surprise scudetto the rife of your life tho? I still thinking back on it very fondly! We were doing well tho not great, then in early April we faced Parma in San Siro. Maldini scored....and that just turned the remainder of the season around. We didn't lose a game for the rest of the season! The determined look in Maldini's blue eyes that one camera shot got is still burned into my mind. :p283: :p283:

Yikes...yes...7 years....and counting!!! :1spie:

Angel_Cic
13-08-2006, 14:58
good idea Jamie...PICTURES EVERYONE...PRONTOOOOOOOOOOOO


:happy:

humanTORCH
13-08-2006, 22:11
humantorch we are all crammed into one house fighting viciously over the one computer, notice none of us ever post at the same time ;) You obviously did not get the post card, damn postal service. It's like salmon returning to where they were born :D

Like I have thought. :D
Anyway, since this is a reunion thread, how about posting recent pics of yourself. Since it's been a long time, appearance might have changed. :delol:

Kui
14-08-2006, 08:29
They're back! OMG! They're back. :proud:

Yes the Patricians of MM are back. Still waiting on a couple of more members.
Triniman.... I saw you just like the other day reading this thread. I was kind of wondering when you was going to post. Dont worry.... no one has or ever will forget your place in MM history.
To the class of '99, Patres, Matres, my conscript brothers and sisters... HAPPY HOMECOMING!

FORZA MILANMANIA!

RIO
15-08-2006, 10:04
In Belgium, I beleive a koeke is half of a pankoeke which is like a pancake but bigger. Or some such thing. I know you can eat it if you are so inclined.
I honestly always thought that guy in David Gallo's avatar was some guy like the legenda Drazen Brncic who Milan signed for a couple of weeks and played so rarely I didn't know what he looked like.
Real old timey names from the past: Flamengo, Pablo, RobyBaggio and the guy who's signature was something like "Serginho > Coco". I think he was proved right, although I do recall the group consensus was that he was nuts for thinking that, so hot was Coco's stock at the time.

begodude
17-08-2006, 12:50
I remembered most of the names here... i dont know whether you still remember me. I remembered joining MM in 2001. I got pretty close with bodat, and some people from Indonesia, and some from the old times. I remembered exactly what Debs told us about the blackouts. Several times. And we were talking about donations. Debs, I would like to contribute, not much, but still don't know how...

Then I moved to Amsterdam for my post grad, and kinda lost connection there, because I was busy. Then I got back here in Indo, and also drowned in my activities. Next month I will be back to Amsterdam for studying (again... sigh...). I am committed to be active in MM again.

Nice to back with my broers and zus...

Debs
18-08-2006, 14:48
Begodude!!! :3band: Wow, they just keep popping up! Maybe Pablo will return one of these days!

If you are serious about contributing, PM Rez about it.

adnan
24-08-2006, 05:40
You can say that again :D
At one point of time some of us was deprived to watch some of the matces. So we have to rely on Bodat for the update. While we chat bodat will be the 'commentator' but guess what, all the updates he made aren't all true etc. the final score :rollani:

Khris telling us all the story about Reza was hilarious.
Bt the way I did say Khris posting recently.......Hey Khris welcome back mate. :sagrin:


Haha those were crazy times, I remember when Khris was gone missing when the war started in Iraq. At the end of the day, he was just looting somewhere around the border :D

I don't have the time to write a full story of my time at MM, I just know that when I first arrived my English really sucked and it was my first experience with a forum. I read it for a year until I finaly realised how to register and make a post :nervous:

Where is Bodat these days, he was one crazy guy. A special mention to Khris too and of course my friend humanTORCH, we had some great time here and on other forums (we were admins on atleast 5 forums :grinser: ). Unblock me on MSN man, I swear I'll stop making fun of you :nervous: :D

humanTORCH
24-08-2006, 09:09
Haha those were crazy times, I remember when Khris was gone missing when the war started in Iraq. At the end of the day, he was just looting somewhere around the border :D

I don't have the time to write a full story of my time at MM, I just know that when I first arrived my English really sucked and it was my first experience with a forum. I read it for a year until I finaly realised how to register and make a post :nervous:

Where is Bodat these days, he was one crazy guy. A special mention to Khris too and of course my friend humanTORCH, we had some great time here and on other forums (we were admins on atleast 5 forums :grinser: ). Unblock me on MSN man, I swear I'll stop making fun of you :nervous: :D

You took one year to realised how to register :eekani: :haha:
welcome back my friend and do more posting here :tong:

Lombardia
24-08-2006, 12:27
Curtis, the last i heard of Lorenzo he'd left university and had a job. That was about a year ago.






hello everyone!! it feels so strange writing here again! and nice to know a couple of you still remember me!!

Anyway i'm now based in london and work takes up every moment of my time. i work as an insurance broker, boring it is!!

i haven't read any of mm pages for a good 18 months and i will only make fleeting appearances as i now have 0 free time unfortunatley. its great to see some old pals , jim trini, angelcic, billy but its a shame many other good friends seem to have left, sandra, goirre, rezag, ariel and giovanni.

anyway a great big hello again to everyone and i hope your all doing well!

Jim_UK
24-08-2006, 12:36
LORENZO !!!!!!! :beer:

Fantastic to see you again my friend ! You seem to be doing really well mate, living in London and with a good job, i'm really happy for you man!

Even if it's only fleeting appearances, it'll still be great to have you back. Sandra as you know left for Italy yonks ago, i guess she's still there, Reza still posts here all the time and Giovanni has half left i guess, hopefully he'll come back alot more often sometime soon ... we all miss that dirty pirate :D Ariel is like you i think, busy with work and life in general i guess ... goirre hasn't been seen for a while.

It's good to see you again man, i'll be keeping an eye out for your F1 & Ice Hockey posts. Hey, we even have a thread for Newcastle Utd fans now ... we know how to move with the times ! :cheers:

Angel_Cic
24-08-2006, 14:19
LORENZO...sup brotha! lmao..it's been ages. good luck with your new job :)

ACMILAN1983
24-08-2006, 16:11
welcome back Lorenzo

dictatornz
03-09-2006, 23:53
i always thought haroon was a quality poster. though i see that he posts alot on devilsmania now. also billy , cant remember seeing him post for a while. ...... but where as the great one gone? ... jure!!!!

Tony75
04-09-2006, 01:58
haroon spends a gud bit of time on xtratime.org

XZeRo3003
06-09-2006, 00:46
LOL I haven't posted in years, but I remember getting in some beef with Triniman a little while ago over Trinidad and Tobago and some **** I'd rather not bring up again. Well, I remember quite some more beef with other folks, but that's old news.

GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL HERE!!! I'm gonna try to post a LITTLE more often, but the internet in my room isn't working, so we'll see how that goes.

A few more pics in the pics thread, and again, nice seeing you folks here.... HI MARIJAAAAAAAAA!!!

ACMILAN1983
06-09-2006, 02:26
Welcome back, though please try avoid swearing lol

XZeRo3003
06-09-2006, 02:54
Welcome back, though please try avoid swearing lol

LOL whoops, sorry bout that, will do!

LORENZO!!! I hope you read this man, good seeing you around buddy!

Bodat
07-09-2006, 00:58
Haha those were crazy times, I remember when Khris was gone missing when the war started in Iraq. At the end of the day, he was just looting somewhere around the border :D

I don't have the time to write a full story of my time at MM, I just know that when I first arrived my English really sucked and it was my first experience with a forum. I read it for a year until I finaly realised how to register and make a post :nervous:

Where is Bodat these days, he was one crazy guy. A special mention to Khris too and of course my friend humanTORCH, we had some great time here and on other forums (we were admins on atleast 5 forums :grinser: ). Unblock me on MSN man, I swear I'll stop making fun of you :nervous: :D

:1spie:

Hi Adnan!! :5schal:
At least 5 forums you said? Could you mention those forums' name for us? :sun: :pchate: :haha:

humanTORCH
07-09-2006, 04:07
i have retired becoming an admin of forums. :dontkn:

ariel
07-09-2006, 06:55
Ariel is like you i think, busy with work and life in general i guess ...


Sad but true Jamie:( However, i still check up for the news on the forums once in a while....can`t really find time to chat about football and my beloved team,but i do watch every single match that we play, don`t you worry!;)However, after the spectacle in Belgrade against Red Star, may i just say how proud i am to be a Milan supporter. :3band: Giovanni is ok, we met up in Italy month ago, Mia aka AngelCic stayed with me for a week in Serbia during July and that is pretty much everyone i `ve been in close touch with... As for Sandra i don`t know if she moved to Italy or not, haven`t heard from her in ages...i guess it`s fault of both of us...you let work and school and other responsibilites to take up so much of your time and you don`t even notice when you lose touch with people. Same goes for Kenny aka Xzero3003.I hear from Billy from time to time, very very rarely though...same goes for Dev, Sant, Reza,Jamie, Franco etc... This is the first time in a year that i`ve heard that Lorenzo is alive:D, good to see you silly.:) Anyway, i`m travelling a lot, working a lot, about to graduate, about to take up post graduate studies,in Rome probably and so on and so forth.....Good to see you all and take care....
Dragana

FORZA MILAN!!!!

ACMILAN1983
07-09-2006, 07:52
Dragana we miss you here and obviously you probably know I definately miss chatting to you personally (its amazing to think how long its been since we last spoke properly).

Anyway, I'm glad you're doing well, and great to see life is going well. You have my continued support as always. :)

XZeRo3003
07-09-2006, 18:26
Sad but true Jamie:( However, i still check up for the news on the forums once in a while....can`t really find time to chat about football and my beloved team,but i do watch every single match that we play, don`t you worry!;)However, after the spectacle in Belgrade against Red Star, may i just say how proud i am to be a Milan supporter. :3band: Giovanni is ok, we met up in Italy month ago, Mia aka AngelCic stayed with me for a week in Serbia during July and that is pretty much everyone i `ve been in close touch with... As for Sandra i don`t know if she moved to Italy or not, haven`t heard from her in ages...i guess it`s fault of both of us...you let work and school and other responsibilites to take up so much of your time and you don`t even notice when you lose touch with people. Same goes for Kenny aka Xzero3003.I hear from Billy from time to time, very very rarely though...same goes for Dev, Sant, Reza,Jamie, Franco etc... This is the first time in a year that i`ve heard that Lorenzo is alive:D, good to see you silly.:) Anyway, i`m travelling a lot, working a lot, about to graduate, about to take up post graduate studies,in Rome probably and so on and so forth.....Good to see you all and take care....
Dragana

FORZA MILAN!!!!

Graduation party CRASHING TIME!!!!

I'm glad everything is going well with your studies, and yes Dragana, we don't really talk anymore I still love ya!!!

P.S. You owe me a date at the San Siro, remember? Oh yeah, And I should be in France next summer, maybe I'll drop by if you're not too busy, k?

Angel_Cic
09-09-2006, 11:43
lmao...CHAU KENNY *wave*

and when did u become a potty mouth?? :googly: we just gotta find Giova, Billy and Sandra and we got our tag team back from a few years ago. :D oh oh..."got beef?" lloooll

can somebody tell me why we still have that other thread going about the old members? can't we merge them?

and where has Reza been hiding lately?? :(

Debs
09-09-2006, 12:25
S'pose I should merge them since this one is no longer the oldtimers telling their tales. :undecide:

I don't know where Rezzie is, but I do know he's here b/c he's been deleting alot of the spam our mods are reporting. He seems to be on in the evenings!

Angel_Cic
09-09-2006, 16:17
aww Reza is hard at work...

greetings Reza!!! when u have a break, come down for some pizza! :)

Angel_Cic
09-09-2006, 16:18
to keep this thread on topic...does anybody else have a touching story about Milan Mania? lol. have any of you met one another? etc...

DavieBoy
09-09-2006, 16:31
I will meet ENIS soon in Mostar :D

Jim_UK
10-09-2006, 11:28
I haven't met anyone because no one likes me :rotfl:

Debs
11-09-2006, 07:07
:rr29:
Now James! I'd like to meet you...but with air travel what it is these days and the costs...it might be a while....

Jim_UK
11-09-2006, 08:12
awww debs, thankyou :D

Reza
11-09-2006, 17:18
Pizza? Pepsi too? tell me time and I'll be there Mia ;)
I am around but not posting much, the good old spammers seem to have discovered MM.

Angel_Cic
13-09-2006, 12:03
Reza i got some near future plans that involve you...we will be in touch ;)

p.s pepsi is involved!

Jim_UK
13-09-2006, 13:43
i want to be involved :depress:

Debs
13-09-2006, 14:10
ewwwww....the P word.....Pepsi.... :5milan:

Reza
14-09-2006, 23:29
Keep in touch Mia :)
Jim, fly over to Canada to visit Mia :D
how can you possibly drink coke Debs? lol

Debs
15-09-2006, 05:13
Listen, Jim, if you do Toronto, you, me, Rez, Midori, anyone who lives in that area will have to get together!!! I've NEVER met anyone from MM except for Jan! TO is only about 4 hours from me!

Actually Rezzie, the amount of pop/soda I drink in a year would put most businesses out of work. I don't even drink a can a week! And on top of that my preference is something minus the caffeine, at least if I have it during the work week. I dunno....must be Lin's evil influence, the Coke thing. But I prefer stuff like Fresca, 7Up, Sierra Mist....once in a while I'll indulge in a Mountain Dew or a Dr. Pepper...

ACMILAN1983
15-09-2006, 05:54
Mia left me out of her plans :sob:

Angel_Cic
15-09-2006, 12:24
do any of you live like a couple hours from me? hmmm? or do any of you want to take a plane down...cause i'll be more than eager to meet you...but for now Reza is the man cause he lives so close and we've been making plans for like the last year. lol. OK? i'm done...

:tong:

Angel_Cic
15-09-2006, 12:24
and Dev...don't give me that face...grrr


lol

ACMILAN1983
15-09-2006, 15:56
and Dev...don't give me that face...grrr


lol

and there I was hoping my lil sis would offer me some sympathy :nervous:

I'll come Canada when I can, and when you coming UK, I'm waiting here? :sweeteye:

Goirre
15-09-2006, 16:36
Anyway on to my story for those of u that still care about me....which seems few at present :)... ( where are carlos and kris when u need them )
right here buddy......missing the good old days in Rochester, but its ok, Miami is almost as good as Rochester :lala:

anyway, sorry for not being around, I don't have internet at home yet, but hopefully I will within the next few weeks, and when that happens I'll be around a lot more often (too bad for you all haha)

in the meantime....FORZA MILAN!!!

Jim_UK
15-09-2006, 18:01
:eek:

CARLOS !

Good to see everything's ok with you and life in Miami is treating you well. Looking forward to your iminent return man :beer:


Actually there's a chance i'll be in Toronto next spring, a small one. But you never know.

Angel_Cic
15-09-2006, 21:58
Carlitoooo...come back...por favorrrr :(

Dev...no sympathy this time...and i was in the uk for like an hour this summer :rollani: lol

Jamie...you'll keep us updated about the t.o trip

ACMILAN1983
16-09-2006, 04:45
Carlos nice to see you posting again. I did notice you were on msn at this time last night and for the first time in ages not set to busy or away ;)

Dev...no sympathy this time...and i was in the uk for like an hour this summer :rollani: lol


what? you were?? no one told me you were in the UK :cry:

Well, 1 hour doesn't quite count lol, I want a proper visit from you :kotc:

I'm saving my salary and holidays at work as much as possible, so maybe that trip to Canada isn't out the picture yet (though it will have to wait a little while, as I only just started work :D ). Seems you're pretty annoyed at me lately, so I'm not sure if you still want me there now ;)

Angel_Cic
16-09-2006, 18:32
i swear guys are more emotional than girls some times...

LOL

Angel_Cic
16-09-2006, 18:32
speaking of old-timers, it;s ariels bday today (i;m going by serbian time..which means its already the 17th...jupiii) :happy:

ACMILAN1983
17-09-2006, 06:45
i swear guys are more emotional than girls some times...

LOL

You're not denying that you don't want me there?? :eek:

I'm so emotional its time I really let it out as an Inter fan I think :5inter:

Jim_UK
17-09-2006, 07:18
we're allowed to be emotional ... we have feelings too :cry:



:rotfl:

midori
17-09-2006, 08:25
but hopefully I will within the next few weeks, and when that happens I'll be around a lot more often (too bad for you all haha)

We'll prepare ourselves accordingly. Next few weeks....such a tease! :nana: :neww: