PDA

View Full Version : Copa America


mariani
27-07-2006, 09:38
The next Copa America will be held in Venuzuela next year...I always notice that South American soccer gets less attention than Euroepan league.

I think South American soccer is more beautiful than the European ones. I like their style of playing. Moreover, I seldom heard of any racist chants in any South American league. But football hooliganism and violence is still rampant and in fact, I think, it's worse than in any European countries.

Does anyone here really follow-up on Copa America? I wish for Argentina.

lked
27-07-2006, 11:24
I didn't saw much games from south amrica football . those that i saw were from coppa Libertadores ! you can't compare Coppa Libert... with Champions League ! ..
is pleasure to watch games in CL they are so interesting and some of them turn into a true Show !
In European teams play best players of the world even the stars from South America !
Crespo,Messi,Ronaldinho,Adriano,Ronaldo etc etc .. i think these players know better then us that in which side is football better .. maybe in Europe fans are more " quiet " in games and in South America is complete the opposite of this !

mariani
28-07-2006, 02:43
I do agree with you Iked...European soccer is more popular than South America. I don't have any favourite south american club in particular...

zZ[-_-]Zz
28-07-2006, 02:53
the reason why South American football is more "beautiful" is simply because of the lack of tactical discipline & knowledge in defendin'... leadin' to more goals scored... although i must admit that their passin' & attackin' mentally is good...

Flubio
28-07-2006, 06:21
those that i saw were from coppa Libertadores ! you can't compare Coppa Libert... with Champions League ! ..
(...)
In European teams play best players of the world even the stars from South America !
Crespo,Messi,Ronaldinho,Adriano,Ronaldo etc etc .. i think these players know better then us that in which side is football better .. maybe in Europe fans are more " quiet " in games and in South America is complete the opposite of this !

Yes, but Copa America is a national team competition, what means all this stars will be playing it, what doesn't happen with Euro cup.. :p

And if you watch the right games, like the three São Paulo x Chivas this year, you'll see World Class Football. And you can watch some games in CL that are lame...

Flubio
28-07-2006, 06:24
Zz']the reason why South American football is more "beautiful" is simply because of the lack of tactical discipline & knowledge in defendin'... leadin' to more goals scored... although i must admit that their passin' & attackin' mentally is good...

Well, São Paulo won the FIFA Clubs WC tactically, deleting Gerrard from the match, something even Milan couldn't do.

And I bet you don't watch much Campeonato Brasileiro (can't say about the others cause I don't either)...