View Full Version : Could we really start the season with 3 strikers (plus Borriello
DigitalMe
30-08-2006, 08:14
Time runs away like wild horses over the hills.
Especially in the transfer window.
Still no strikers, could we possibly launch a successful campaign with just Pippo, Gila, Amoroso ?
This strike force cannot win the Champions League and with 8 points to make up, probably not the scudetto.
We can't seem to get the players we need and I think we are going to end up with no-one.
I seriously don't think this belongs to transfer here. I'm going to put it in "Games and Tactics" instead.
kastriot
30-08-2006, 08:35
Time runs away like wild horses over the hills.
Especially in the transfer window.
Still no strikers, could we possibly launch a successful campaign with just Pippo, Gila, Amoroso ?
This strike force cannot win the Champions League and with 8 points to make up, probably not the scudetto.
We can't seem to get the players we need and I think we are going to end up with no-one.
probably will end up with these three strikers + borriello, We knew from the begining that nobody can replace sheva, And I doubt we sold him for smth better, the thing is that now players like Kaka,Gila, Pirlo will need to play better, they will have the freedom needed since there is no sheva,a chance for Gila to prove how good he is.Now our "Sheva the saviour" will be,lets say for instance Kaka.
Dont get me wrong,I would love a new striker in Milan, but its very unlikely to happen anymore.So lets concetrate in our players like Kaka,Seedorf,Pirlo,Gila,Pippo.Gorcuff, it doesn sound bad, Lets hope for the best.
zlatanov
30-08-2006, 08:38
given the relatively easy CL group we got and that a Kaka-type of player just arrived - Gourcuff, who would allow us to play a X-tree formation, I wouldn't exclude that possibility, as well, although the management seems to be doing all they can to get a reinforcement in attack.
In January, we could still get some new players - CL regulations allow for up to 3 new players to arrive, I believe - so we could get some fresh talent for the second half of the season.
I am not sure, but I think players like Huntelaar and Sneijder, whose club was eliminated in the 3rd qual. round of CL, would NOT be cup-tied for the elimination round of CL. I am sure there will be a lot of other good players available too.
DigitalMe
30-08-2006, 08:48
given the relatively easy CL group we got and that a Kaka-type of player just arrived - Gourcuff, who would allow us to play a X-tree formation, I wouldn't exclude that possibility, as well, although the management seems to be doing all they can to get a reinforcement in attack.
In January, we could still get some new players - CL regulations allow for up to 3 new players to arrive, I believe - so we could get some fresh talent for the second half of the season.
I am not sure, but I think players like Huntelaar and Sneijder, whose club was eliminated in the 3rd qual. round of CL, would NOT be cup-tied for the elimination round of CL. I am sure there will be a lot of other good players available too.
I agree the group is easy. But there's no real point in winning it if you can't go on to win. Pippo's record is irrefutable but at his age you have to wonder how many more goals are going bounce in off his shin. Gilardino still has not scored a CL goal and, hell, the less I think about Amoroso the better...
I hope you are right re: the Ajax players because if you're not it will be impossible to bring a first class player in who isn't cup-tied.
Big Silvio is not going to be happy; he demands 2 up front, which is going to be impossible to maintain if you only have a choice of 3....
kastriot
30-08-2006, 08:50
given the relatively easy CL group we got and that a Kaka-type of player just arrived - Gourcuff, who would allow us to play a X-tree formation, I wouldn't exclude that possibility, as well, although the management seems to be doing all they can to get a reinforcement in attack.
In January, we could still get some new players - CL regulations allow for up to 3 new players to arrive, I believe - so we could get some fresh talent for the second half of the season.
I am not sure, but I think players like Huntelaar and Sneijder, whose club was eliminated in the 3rd qual. round of CL, would NOT be cup-tied for the elimination round of CL. I am sure there will be a lot of other good players available too.
i think once you play a Champions league game, even a qualifying one I think you`re cup tied for the rest of the season,but players like tevez and mascherano may be free by that time unles Chelski and Arsenal buy him today.
Of course we can ! Ever checked the incredible quality of our squad ? Gila has been a topscorer, and can become one again ! He has had one year of adaptation, in which he only scored 1 goal less than Sheva, so give him the credit he deserves, and he'll make it ! As for Pippo, he's shown all his qualities, we cannot doubt about him !
And to let them rest, as Zlatanov said, we can still play Gourcuff along with Kaką and let them close in on the one striker of the Xmas tree...
I wouldn't curse a new arrival, of course, but if there's none, I'm sure we'll be competitive ! And I prefer the management to think about it over and over again, and then make the best move possible next summer, instead of buying anywho, just to calm down the moods ... Plus, if we wait till the end of the season, there will be more money available...
Don't worry, guys, Milan is, was, and will always be top, no matter what ! And we still got a chance for a surprise signing... ;)
M
kastriot
30-08-2006, 09:00
I agree with you,we really have a great team with a lot of quality players. but dont forget one thing which is really important: If we fail to deliver this year also and not win smth. there gonna be a lot of changes, thats for sure. Even an average club after three years of not reaching their objectives,makes a lot of changes,thats our destiny if dont win smth this year.IMO.thats why this year is really really important.
There needs to be a lot of changes wether we win something or not this season.
DigitalMe
30-08-2006, 09:27
There needs to be a lot of changes wether we win something or not this season.
You're right. The march of time is enough, our squad is just too old.
How about this, like zlat said
Gila/Pippo
Kaka
Gourcuff
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Serginho Kaladze Nesta Bonera
Dida
It coud be better but it doesn't look that bad. Or instead of Gourcuff play with two strikers.
Tenente-Drogo
30-08-2006, 12:22
Member's Identification Under Review
Not to mention what happens if gila/pippo suddenly get injured for a month or more...
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.