PDA

View Full Version : KUI--a piece of Erie in Honolulu!


Debs
25-04-2007, 07:20
OK, they are from a rival school, but there's a group of Erie high school students in Honolulu taking part in the US Academic Decathalon....watch the news...

Kui
29-04-2007, 09:57
Rival School? Where's the Erie school with the Debs at? I'd be certain that was the rightful class to come to Hawaii for Academic Decathalon.
I'd highly doubt that this academic competition is high on their list. This is Hawaii.

Debs
30-04-2007, 08:42
Sweetie, I teach at a Catholic high school, and this rival school from the public school district is a direct ripoff of most of our programs. They took 3rd place, what a shame.

We do speech and debate instead of trying to schedule a class, like this rival school does, for the kids in these academic competions to sit around and cram from the notebooks sent out to the schools that participate. IE, it's all memorization. We did it for the first 3 years this academic sports league was around, but we did it as an extra-curricular club, not as an actual class, which put us at a slight disadvantage. Altho coming in 2nd when our group was a club really wasn't so bad, was it? At any rate, can you tell what I think of the public schools around here?