PDA

View Full Version : The Final: Gila or Pippo?


almilan
18-05-2007, 14:19
Gila or Pippo for the Final; Who would you pick? I think the rest of the team is settled

Dida

Oddo Nesta Maldini Jank

Gattuso Pirlo Ambroisini

Kaka Seedorf

Gila/Pippo


Personally I go for Gila buts it a close call. I think he offers more in an all round contribution to the game. Opinions?



From http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may18m.html



Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti does not know whether Alberto Gilardino or Pippo Inzaghi will play the Champions League Final against Liverpool.

The Rossoneri travel to Athens next week for the decider with Liverpool and the tactician has yet to make the final decisions on his team selection.


“I will see their condition, our game plan doesn’t really change with one or the other,” said Ancelotti to the Press on Friday.


“It’s the most difficult choice to make. They have both done great things to deserve the Final. Inzaghi was very important in the preliminary round and quarter-final while Gilardino was decisive in the semi-final.


“There’s more pressure in the Champions League and Gilardino doesn’t have the experience yet to control that pressure. Having said that, I cannot rule out a shared role.


“In any case, I hope the players understand my final choice. I haven’t decided yet, I will do that before Wednesday evening.”

hany.Egypt
18-05-2007, 14:39
Personally I go for Gila buts it a close call. I think he offers more in an all round contribution to the game. Opinions?
ummmmm really I dont know but i guess Pippo is the one who is going to start caz of his experiance and Gila will be on the bench

Ghost
18-05-2007, 14:50
Pippo for the experience.

Paddy De Nagan
18-05-2007, 15:06
Gila because he's quicker than pipo, and after his goal against Manchester

BigHouse90
18-05-2007, 15:15
I think Gila's goal against ManU helps a lot.

Pippo hasnt reallt done too much lately, so since Gila's hotter, I'd go with him.

Ghost
18-05-2007, 15:34
People are quick to mention Gillas goal against Man United, but what about Pippos against Bayern? I think the latters was more important considering the situation.

Tony29.
18-05-2007, 16:01
People are quick to mention Gillas goal against Man United, but what about Pippos against Bayern? I think the latters was more important considering the situation.
Gila scored smthg that could have been an important goal against Bayern. He was onside, it was a regular position and he scored a goal. The ref disallowed it and gave him yellow which suspended him from the re-match.
Pippo scored an important goal against Bayern but from clear offside.

Gila is so unlucky. Or maybe he's not that much unlucky as much as Inzaghi has luck.

I voted for Inzaghi...but i have my reasons to vote for him :)

King tiger
18-05-2007, 16:15
pippo :D

just look at my avatar :D

Blacktop
18-05-2007, 16:17
This is a toughie. My first instinct was to vote for Pippo due to his big-game experience, but he's usually done his best work in the second half of CL matches.

I guess we should start Gila simply because of the fresher legs, and save Pippo in case of emergency (bad game by Gila, injury, etc.) or crunch time if it's a close game.

drucurl
18-05-2007, 16:30
hmmmmmmmmm heart says Pippo but
























































































































































Mind says Pippo too :zany:

Vadim
18-05-2007, 16:44
drucurl, the suspense was killing me on that one :D

Seriously, though, I've got a good feeling about Gila on this one. I know, I'm shocked too. But I'd do the same thing Carlo did on May 2, start it out with Pippo, have them be a thorn in their side, then around the 60th minute or so bring on Gila, but only if we are up at this point, who has more pace and could be deadly on the counter, as demonstrated against Man United.

Ghost
18-05-2007, 16:50
Gila is so unlucky. Or maybe he's not that much unlucky as much as Inzaghi has luck.

Ummmm maybe this line says it all, we should stick with Inzaghi.

Tony29.
18-05-2007, 17:20
Why are you having these conversations ?
4-4-2 or 4-5-1 ? Inzaghi or Gilardino ? White or red&black ?

It doesn't matter at all. Milan wins this match 2:0 with Kaka scoring a brace in 31 and 58 minute and he'll also miss a penalty in 49 minute.

Dida will almost cost Milan the lead after the mistake he made in 33 minute but luckily Nesta and Maldini were there to fix everything


















































































































Mzk told me ;)

Stezagud
18-05-2007, 18:15
I think a lot is being made of Gila's goal vs Utd really, Utd were chasing the game and he had half the pitch to himself, you could've steered an oil tanker between Utds centre backs :eek:

Liverpool will defend deep and in considerable numbers, movement is the key for a striker to beat this and on movement Pippo still wins imho, plus its difficult to be offside against a team camped on the edge of their own penalty area so Pippo's usual biggest weakness shouldnt be an issue :cool: I think Gila is the type of striker that Carragher usually copes very well with....

panteri
19-05-2007, 05:21
I'll prefer to start with Gilardino, and in the second half( maybe in 65 min) Gila out, Inzaghi in.

rosoneri_11
19-05-2007, 06:50
I voted Pippo!
I think Pippo will start the game,because is a player with great experience,he can control nice
the ball,earn a lot of fouls and penalties,he is a smart player,he is a scorer,and he can work
and communicate well with the other players,+ he is a player that smells the goal and he is at
the right position at the right time!

The bad things for Pippo is that he can't last for 90' minutes because of hes age.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand Gila hasn't shown me nothing of what i had said for Pippo.
(Personaly from what i have seen from him)Gila is a player that he hasn't the experience from big
matches, he can't controll the ball(the 70% of his controls are not good),he can't drible (i can't
remember a drible from him in a match here and 2 years),he can't run with the ball(i can't remember
a sprint from him with the ball),he can't pass a good and smart assist or pass, he does not earn
penalties or fouls,he doesn't work and communicate with the club more than Pippo,he isn't fast,
and the most important he scores very very rarely!

The good things for Gila is that he can last 90' minutes because he is young.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i can see Pippo has a dozen of good things and one bad.And as i can see Gila has a dozen of
bad things and one good!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Pippo will start the game!

Milan_Mad
19-05-2007, 07:07
Inzaghi without a doubt!

Samuca
19-05-2007, 08:05
Absolutly Pippo

No one of Milan's forwards are playing that well but Ronaldo and Inzaghi is most trustfull than Gila

ACMILAN1983
19-05-2007, 08:47
Pippo should probably get the nod. More than anything his experience and ability to handle the pressure in such games is something Gila can't be asked to handle yet.

Gila will probably get brought on in the second half and he can make a difference in the situation, similar to Man U where just as much as scoring, his holding of the ball and bringing deeper players into the match was vital.

Paddy De Nagan
19-05-2007, 13:02
I think a lot is being made of Gila's goal vs Utd really, Utd were chasing the game and he had half the pitch to himself, you could've steered an oil tanker between Utds centre backs :eek:



and thus there was alot more pressure on him to score than Inzaghi's quater of a pitch free.

Nalx
19-05-2007, 18:23
I think Gila should start. You need a good attacker who can hold the ball. Pippo can be a sneaky striker needed to seal up the 2nd half

drucurl
20-05-2007, 06:18
I just got an phonecall from Stevie Wonder :blind: he said Pippo too :haha:

Stezagud
20-05-2007, 06:49
and thus there was alot more pressure on him to score than Inzaghi's quater of a pitch free.

I dont really agree with that, Pippo's goal was at a time when the outcome was far less clear cut, if he had missed bayern wouldve really fancied their chances of scoring just 1 goal to put Milan out. Against Utd, Milan had already survived a mini storm in the first 10-20 minutes after half time, by the time Gila scored Utd looked a team well beaten. The goal didnt actually make it anymore difficult for Utd for Utd either, they need 2 before it and still needed 2 after it ;)

Anyway, my original point was not to make so much of individual goals. The reason i would prefer Pippo to play is because he has shown over many years he is one of the best poachers in world football, he is exactly the type of striker Milan will need if Liverpool pack their penalty box. Gila is a good player and i have backed him many times when others here have demanded his sale, i just dont think he is the best choice for this particular game.

Tony75
20-05-2007, 07:49
Pippo to start.

BigHouse90
20-05-2007, 09:25
Pippo to start.

Eh, I dont really agree with that. Most people want Pippo because of his experience, but it's not like Gila hasnt been there before, not to a final, but he's been playing in the Champions League now. I think Gila's got mroe skill, and that's who they should go with. I've been wrong before, I hope I am now.

Where'd you see this at?

mrki
20-05-2007, 09:31
Pippo will start for sure, we need him in that match, not Gila.

mzk57
20-05-2007, 10:55
Pippo or Gila??
Both :) I mean Pippo should start, score a goal and then after 60 mins Gila should come on and score on a classic counter attacking goal (the Italian way)
I can give you guys the score line as well
AC Milan 3 - 0 Liverpool (sorry Jamie, but this will happen)
scorers: Pippo, Kaka and Gila

Gila will start in the Champions League Final next year :5ok: I hope against Juventus ;)

Oldman
20-05-2007, 11:08
Berlusconi has given his instruction that Gila should start and after Pool's defends were a bit tired Pippo should come on to the pitch to score...

Who dare not to follow Berlusconi ???
Berlusconi also repeatatedhis wish to bring back Sheva...
Is Sheva so precious at the moment ..???
I would choose Eto'o than Sheva...especially after he cheated everybody with his false reason to go to join Chelski.....

mzk57
20-05-2007, 11:36
Gila will start in the Champions League Final next year :5ok: I hope against Juventus ;)

Ohh..........I for got that Juve can't play in next seasons Champions League :) Its Ok, I won't mind AC Milan vs Inter Milan either in the final of next years CL :5ok:

inzipek
20-05-2007, 14:05
PIPPO EVER :5ok: :5ok:

NAMMY
20-05-2007, 14:07
I can see Pippo starting, then Gila replacing him near the end or for ET (unless if Pippo is playing well). We could also try 4-4-2.

BigHouse90
20-05-2007, 14:43
I can see Pippo starting, then Gila replacing him near the end or for ET (unless if Pippo is playing well). We could also try 4-4-2.

No way, I like 4-4-2 a lot better, but not when 4-5-1 has gotten us this far. hopefully next year Ancelotti switches too 4-4-2 in the Champions League.

kastriot
20-05-2007, 17:11
No way, I like 4-4-2 a lot better, but not when 4-5-1 has gotten us this far. hopefully next year Ancelotti switches too 4-4-2 in the Champions League.

Ancheloti would never play 4 4 2,unless he has to due to injuries or stuff.... with the players that we have its hard to play 4 4 2,

In this tactics both Ambro and Seedorf are usless, and Kak will never be confortable,as his not a Gila/Pippo type of striker and his not the best at flanks IMO,And with Sergio probably out,only Jnaku and Cafu are of flank player,but we can not rely on them!!!!

BigHouse90
20-05-2007, 17:32
Ancheloti would never play 4 4 2,unless he has to due to injuries or stuff.... with the players that we have its hard to play 4 4 2,

In this tactics both Ambro and Seedorf are usless, and Kak will never be confortable,as his not a Gila/Pippo type of striker and his not the best at flanks IMO,And with Sergio probably out,only Jnaku and Cafu are of flank player,but we can not rely on them!!!!

Well, he does in the Serie A.

but you dont have to play your fowards in the flanks in a 4-4-2. They can play off each other in them middle of the field. But i like the 5 mids better for Milan, we have 5 that should start, and all deserve to be out there.

Oldman
20-05-2007, 19:30
Ohh..........I for got that Juve can't play in next seasons Champions League :) Its Ok, I won't mind AC Milan vs Inter Milan either in the final of next years CL :5ok:


I doubt that Inter would ever play a CL Final....not even in Semifinal.
They're good only in Coppa Italia and still big question they could in Serie A in a "normal condition" without calciopoli and point deduction....Mark my words for 2007 - 2008 season. :grinser: :grinser: :grinser:

Conviction
20-05-2007, 21:21
If Liverpool plays scared and retract, I think they will, then they will play defensive, in this case pippo will fare better than Gila because pippo is a goal poacher. He makes things happen with his drama on the pitch. Pippo is extreamly sneaky/shrewd player who likes to flop in the box, or "trip" on a defender in order to get the call. Also, if Liverpoop starts playing the offside trap, then pippo will fix'em with his ability to beat the offside trap.
Milan's going to punish Liverpool and pump in many goals. (Milan means bussiness whenever they wear their all-white uniform, and always try to score as much as possible.
... then again, what the hell do I know i'm just a fanatic.....Goooooooo Milan!!!!

Baggio10
22-05-2007, 12:14
Are u Serious look my avatar xD

almilan
22-05-2007, 12:52
Surprised so far at the results. When I set up the poll i thought it would be very close. Pippo has over 70% Most reports suggest he will start though Don Silivo said if it was up to him he would start Gila.

sveto
22-05-2007, 17:21
i think, we have won more games when pippo started

Kaka1899
23-05-2007, 02:36
On Sky Sports they said that Pippo will start. My Mind tells me Pippo but my Heart tells me Gila but i can choose one so i go Pippo just because of his big match expirience.

King tiger
23-05-2007, 02:40
hey i think we have won every game played on wednesday.

Kaka1899
23-05-2007, 02:45
hey i think we have won every game played on wednesday.
We lost the final two years on a wednesday. sorry had to say it :)

King tiger
23-05-2007, 03:05
sry, my mistake, i meant to say that we won every game played on wednesday in this year CL .

dunno bout the group stage...

Kaka1899
23-05-2007, 03:24
we are the home team as well will that give us a confidence boost?

almilan
24-05-2007, 13:24
Looks like superpippo was the right choice!