View Full Version : How much is Milan worth?
I just want to ask a few questions:
Does anyone know how much Berlusconi paid to get Milan in 1986?
Does anybody know what our yearly revenues are?, and
If I was to buy Milan off Berlusconi how much do you think he would sell the club for?
Its good to dream..
I can answer you only the first question : Berlu bought Milan for ~20 billion Italian Lira.
I know this means nothing to you :)
Someone who understands economics can explain it better to you, but i'll try to get a number in dollars.....
In 1986 , for 1 dollar you'd get 1223.5 ITA Lira
So , 20 billion Lira in March 1986 were the same as 16 346 546 dollars.
If someone can tell us how much 16.3m dollars from 1986 are worthed now, then we'll see for how much did Berlu buy Milan.
But Berlu payed much more to buy new players. He payed 8.5m dollars just to buy Ruud Gullit in 1987.
I just want to ask a few questions:
Does anyone know how much Berlusconi paid to get Milan in 1986?
Does anybody know what our yearly revenues are?, and
If I was to buy Milan off Berlusconi how much do you think he would sell the club for?
Its good to dream..
According to Forbes :
Rank Team Country Current Value1 ($mil)
1 Manchester United England 1,373
2 Real Madrid Spain 1,012
3 AC Milan Italy 921
1-Yr Value Chg. : 3%
Debt/Value : 0% Includes stadium debt.
Revenue : $283 mil
Op. Income : $42.5 mil Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization.
However, these are statistics from a year or two ago.
Revenues and operating income are for the 2004-2005 season and converted into U.S. dollars based on June 30, 2005 exchange rates.
Grtz
Thanks both of you, you've been very helpful.
konstantin
13-07-2007, 12:13
We are so rich!!! Y hate Lazio the most, than Inter, Juventus, Fiorentinu, Roma
rosoneri_11
13-07-2007, 16:11
Milan's worth is priceless! :diablo: You just can't buy that team for all the world's money! :diablo:
jure3105
03-08-2007, 06:04
Milan is worth over 500.000.000 HRK
Here's the latest list :
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/34/biz_07soccer_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html
Pay close attention to the 4th column. 84% of Man United's value is in debt, we have no debts. Besides I don't measure worth in shirt sales, I measure it in trophies. These billionares are buying clubs in England and spending money in the transfer market to get to where we are and we are top of the food chain.
ACMILAN1983
03-08-2007, 12:27
Milan is worth over 500.000.000 HRK
OMG!!! Welcome back!!!! :respect:
Stezagud
03-08-2007, 13:21
Pay close attention to the 4th column. 84% of Man United's value is in debt, we have no debts. Besides I don't measure worth in shirt sales, I measure it in trophies. These billionares are buying clubs in England and spending money in the transfer market to get to where we are and we are top of the food chain.
Utd are top of the foodchain and got there without a sugar daddy, in fact Glazer is a hindrance to the club. Dont be fooled by the recent spending its not as much as it looks and is cleverly structured too.
Anyway, whilst i dont like billionaires buying clubs as playthings its not really something Milan can be critical of, or is berlu exempt for some reason? ;)
Warro Bantan
03-08-2007, 13:57
Yes Stez, he is exempt, because he is our owner. :D...and he did it before it bacame "popular" so to do. :5ok:
How can Juve be in top10 after what happened to them ?
Why did Milan lose 10% of it's value in last year ?
What does revenue mean ? :ashamed:
What is operating income exactly and again... how can Juve have almost the same income as Milan ?
Thank you
Utd are top of the foodchain and got there without a sugar daddy, in fact Glazer is a hindrance to the club. Dont be fooled by the recent spending its not as much as it looks and is cleverly structured too.
Anyway, whilst i dont like billionaires buying clubs as playthings its not really something Milan can be critical of, or is berlu exempt for some reason? ;)
Aren't they being financed massively by Americans now?
@ Tony, I can only tell you that I think revenue means income.
For the rest I have no idea.
Thanx Thrust
and another question :
How can Inter be under Juve in the list and why is their debt Not Available ? :rolleyes:
Warro Bantan
03-08-2007, 14:16
Thanx Thrust
and another question :
How can Inter be under Juve in the list and why is their debt Not Available ? :rolleyes: Because, like their brains, its just Not Available! :5ok:
Nevermind my questions.
The info is about 2005/06 season and Juve wasn't relegated back then
Utd are top of the foodchain and got there without a sugar daddy, in fact Glazer is a hindrance to the club. Dont be fooled by the recent spending its not as much as it looks and is cleverly structured too.
Anyway, whilst i dont like billionaires buying clubs as playthings its not really something Milan can be critical of, or is berlu exempt for some reason? ;)
How are United top of the food chain? We're champions of Europe, Man United are our bitches in Europe. Best, Law, Charlton, Giggs, RVN, Rooney and Ronaldo, we've beaten them all in the past. In fact I'm bored with playing United, I want Chelsea or Arsenal next season.
I don't care how cleverly structured the transfers far, United are almost a billion euros in debt. They struggle to make the interest payments alone and if a few years time they'll be bankrupt and I will laugh so very, very hard precisely because of the arrogance of fans like you, top of the food chain my arse.
Deadline
04-08-2007, 02:12
They will not be bankrupt.
I don't care how cleverly structured the transfers far, United are almost a billion euros in debt. They struggle to make the interest payments alone and if a few years time they'll be bankrupt and I will laugh so very, very hard precisely because of the arrogance of fans like you, top of the food chain my arse.
woah chill out buddy
We are at the top of the food chain as we are the kings of Europe - and kings only belong on thrones.
slifersd
12-08-2007, 03:35
Milan is worth so much right now that Berlusconi will never sell the team. Even though with him running the team, we will never be as dominant as we were back then because of a lack of spending on the market. If he were to sell though, it would probably be the most expensive sale of a club in history.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.