View Full Version : Winning the CL....
Winning the champions league it was finally good or bad for Milan's tranfer policy?
zlatanov
08-07-2007, 11:35
let me put it this way - I can think of A WHOLE LOT of fan fractions, and teams, who'd rather win a CL than be spending tens or hindreds of mils for bragging rights in the summer ... all that money spent in hopes to win a .... CL ;)
Its news to me if players don't love to join a champion.
On the management side, many of our transfers have occurred at the deadline, whether or not players get snapped up by then is another issue but history shows we have done pretty well at the last minutes of the window.
its really hard to wait and see the final result but saddly we cant do much about it, other than complaining and hoping for the best.
i find it interesting too that noone steps up and says he wants to go to milan (like its the case with inter, real and barca), but winning CL has nothing to do with it.
For some weird reason, even though we won the CL, players still prefer other teams over us.......I mean, WHY wouldn't they come to a team who's won 2 CL titles and gotten into 3 finals in 5 years? It's a bloody awesome record! Who wouldn't wanna train and play with players like Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka and Ronaldo? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! :zany:
Its news to me if players don't love to join a champion.
On the management side, many of our transfers have occurred at the deadline, whether or not players get snapped up by then is another issue but history shows we have done pretty well at the last minutes of the window.
Rez i hope also the same fact to happen again.
For you Zlat i don't mean to buy a new starting line up but there are places where we hurt a lot and it is a lot of delay. One summer we signed Nesta at the last minute but nobody were making big mooves, only Inter had signed Cannavaro. I mean there were a lot of players in the bargain, now they start to dissapear because all teams buy......
i find it interesting too that noone steps up and says he wants to go to milan (like its the case with inter, real and barca), but winning CL has nothing to do with it.
What do you base that on? I ask because we can't take 'quotes' on sites like tribalfootball or places like AS seriously. I have even seen quotes that were obviously not said on BBC's site so it depends on where we look. At the end of the day Milan is one of the most attractive destinations for any player.
zlatanov
08-07-2007, 15:09
Rez i hope also the same fact to happen again.
For you Zlat i don't mean to buy a new starting line up but there are places where we hurt a lot and it is a lot of delay. One summer we signed Nesta at the last minute but nobody were making big mooves, only Inter had signed Cannavaro. I mean there were a lot of players in the bargain, now they start to dissapear because all teams buy......
I see your point but you made it sound as if you'd rather see us spend 100 mil on new players than win a CL ... so my point was why do teams spend so much on new transfers, isn't the CL the ultimate goal after all?
the team will get reinforced with or without a CL but that doesn't mean that we'll do what Barca is doing - changing the team NOT in the right places IMO - or what Juve and Bayern are doing - reinforcing themselves but for completely different reasons than why Milan would be adding players to their roster as we do not need a complete overhaul of our line-up.
And the summer has just started, there is a lot of time left for reinforcement and the quality players aren't gonna dry up either.
We won the 7th UCL with almost the same team that won the trophy in 2003, with only two major addition: Jankulovski and Oddo. With a team this solid I think it's normal for players choose other team over us
I think you forgot one major addition there :)
Of all the players, I forget the number 22 :v46:
Thanx Vadim
We have won CL. If there were no major signing in this summer, I am already so happy. CL is everything. :grinser:
In this fast-pacing world, you need to work twice harder to keep the place you're standing on yesterday. At least that's what the marketing guru says :respect:
In this fast-pacing world, you need to work twice harder to keep the place you're standing on yesterday. At least that's what the marketing guru says :respect:
Twice to work harder than 2003, I absolutely agree but not twice to buy harder. :grinser:
What do you base that on? I ask because we can't take 'quotes' on sites like tribalfootball or places like AS seriously. I have even seen quotes that were obviously not said on BBC's site so it depends on where we look. At the end of the day Milan is one of the most attractive destinations for any player.
at the moment i would be happy if some AS or tribalfotball would make up and write something like - deco wants to quit barca and play for milan :) True or not, as long as there is nothing there 'is nothing for sure' if u get me. I hope u have right with the last sentence, but since this suazo thing im not so shure.
ACMILAN1983
09-07-2007, 12:31
For some weird reason, even though we won the CL, players still prefer other teams over us.......I mean, WHY wouldn't they come to a team who's won 2 CL titles and gotten into 3 finals in 5 years? It's a bloody awesome record! Who wouldn't wanna train and play with players like Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka and Ronaldo? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! :zany:
Not really, only Abidal, Tiago and Eto'o have apparently said no to us. Eto'o is a tough one to call, as he may come still and if not then he's staying put at Barca where he's an established starter in a comfortable environment.
Abidal and Tiago were guaranteed starters in their new clubs, whilst at Milan would have strong competition for their place, so really that and us seemingly not pushing for them too strongly would have been the reason they didn't join.
If we really want them that badly, then we would get them.
Milanista4ever
09-07-2007, 13:21
The question itself is hard to answer now, by August 31 it will be clearer; however I'd take a CL followed by no/bad transfers any time over no CL followed by amazing transfers :bri:
The question itself is hard to answer now, by August 31 it will be clearer; however I'd take a CL followed by no/bad transfers any time over no CL followed by amazing transfers :bri:
Milanista don't make me frustrated , we all celebrated winning CL, i was one of the few who believed in doing that from quals against Red Star.
But Milan is a great team, we want to win Serie A, CL, Cup, EU Supercup, and the international one. To do that we need more options otherwise our current players will faint.
Milanista4ever
10-07-2007, 06:11
Milanista don't make me frustrated , we all celebrated winning CL, i was one of the few who believed in doing that from quals against Red Star.
But Milan is a great team, we want to win Serie A, CL, Cup, EU Supercup, and the international one. To do that we need more options otherwise our current players will faint.
I know what you mean man but you gotta be happy with you have....no matter what happens now, we have that CL and exacted that 'Pool revenge....on the other hand, have we lost that game, we could've conceivably spent 100 millions and still won nothing
Not that I think that our CL would ever ever blind this mgmnt, this is the same bunch of people who have shown over the last 20 years they can build upon victories and start new winning cycles.
So for now Im still optimistic that Milan would make a move that makes us better...still a good 7 weeks left
I know what you mean man but you gotta be happy with you have....no matter what happens now, we have that CL and exacted that 'Pool revenge....on the other hand, have we lost that game, we could've conceivably spent 100 millions and still won nothing
Not that I think that our CL would ever ever blind this mgmnt, this is the same bunch of people who have shown over the last 20 years they can build upon victories and start new winning cycles.
So for now Im still optimistic that Milan would make a move that makes us better...still a good 7 weeks left
I had this same thing on my head last season and look at what we got in the
end of all that speculations and links.. Ricardo Oliveira :dstup:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.