PDA

View Full Version : Once again....


Debs
01-10-2007, 14:52
Rez just let me know that last month exactly 2 of us came up with contributions towards the server. That was me and Vadim. That would also mean that Rez is out extra money b/c I would guess he covered the remainder himself.

The reason we asked for people to contribute on a regular basis was that it is unfair for one person to be saddled with huge payments. This was happening to me--I was paying $100 and more per month until it got to the point where I simply could not do it. We limped along for a few months with a few people contributing, and then Kui stepped in for a while and would contribute $100 a month. Kui is not with us and won't be for about 2 years. No one else is coming forward to pick up the slack.

I cannot believe that once again I am having to ask who is going to or is able to be a regular contributor,to help keep MM online. Everyone is psoting on someone else's dime, oh someone else will pay, etc. Well, guess what? There is no someone else.

I need to know if those of you who came forward as contributors are willing and able to continue. if you cannot, please say so. Do not leave us in the lurch again, it's completely unfair! If no one wants to contribute, I've already told Rez that we will then move MM to the cheapest server we can find and let the members deal with the performance issues.

Please let me or Rez know if you can continue to contribute.

Vadim
01-10-2007, 17:06
$20 sent in, I can continue to be a regular contributor, at least for now.

Debs
02-10-2007, 09:35
I remain a regular contributor, usually $20 or $25.

Rez, what are we paying now for the server?

Reza
02-10-2007, 09:50
$118, but its the last month that it will be that much.

Debs
02-10-2007, 11:16
Agreed! We can't keep going like this, so I say move to something cheaper.

Vadim
31-10-2007, 12:41
$20 sent in for October, can you confirm, reza?

Reza
31-10-2007, 12:44
Thanx very much Vadim :)

Debs
31-10-2007, 13:48
Payday this week, I'll try to remember to paypay it to you on Friday!

Debs
07-11-2007, 11:11
Rez, payment sent. How are we on this month's balance?

Reza
07-11-2007, 11:17
Thanx Debs. Me, you and Vadim only it seems.
Previously we have gone from $155 to $115. I have a $55 place ready to be started, just need to have a day or so set aside to do it, moving the data is going to be...you know...not fun.

Debs
07-11-2007, 12:28
Oh dear, then I need to send you more $! Not fair if it's only the 3 of us paying!

I know, moving it isn't going to be fun. Do we need to talk about doing more pruning? We've got to make the move tho for financial reasons!

Speaking of pruning....the one forum I post at for Ghost Hunters, the actual TAPS 18+ forum shows 440453 Posts in 11542 Topics by 28467 Members! Can we say they've never pruned anything????

Reza
07-11-2007, 12:48
I will prune very low post count and old members, but real savings are in actual threads and attachments, I 'hope' to not prune there. (The ' ' is for I will see what happens :) ) There is also a function to optimize the database, will shave a bit off the size of the database.
Experience tells me all forums, with a few corporate exceptions, will have to do some space saving some time.