View Full Version : Calling all Canadian peeps...er people!
curry chicken
24-10-2007, 22:58
Lazio has a Fan Club in Canada. They have a website even. woah.
Oh, hey guys!
I know MM has a quite a few Canadian Milanistas about and we talk to each other on this forum, but I haven't been around long enough to have gotten to know every one of you. I know there are Milan fans in Toronto, but I've had a terrible time finding them (do you all live in secret hideouts or what?), especially in Downtown Toronto (where Barca/Madrid/Inter fans give me many a funny looks). Respond to this thread if your reppin' the Great White North.
What I really wanted to ask: While lying awake thinking about crappy production schedules at school, I had the idea that us Canucks should try and gather for a meet somewhere. I think it would be a great opportunity to make friends and share in our passion for calcio and of course Milan. If it's possible our friends down in the States can join us too. It's just an idea at this point and would fiercely depend on your response. Is anyone interested? Have any of you held fan meets before? Is anyone planning on one in the future (North America or otherwise)?
A few of us (ended up being only 3 people lol one (Carlos aka Goirre) of which was from Rochester, US)) did meet once downtown to watch a game on College 2 years ago.
We should set up more, we do have Toronto members but not many are active here these days, I can try to contact those not active anymore.
Old thread about that
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17956
Count me in... just let me know when/where
curry chicken
25-10-2007, 08:39
We should set up more, we do have Toronto members but not many are active here these days, I can try to contact those not active anymore.
Great! Thank you rezag for the link to the old thread also. It's a shame only three of you showed, but we should def. try and get a another going..maybe this time the turn out will be better.
And Sant man, I love how your up for anything! Thank you.
I'll go too ... Canada here i come :D
Angel_Cic
25-10-2007, 16:01
i'm from your area...1 1/2 hrs away :) Reza, Carlos and I met up in Toronto and I kind of miss the fact that we haven't had another opportunity to do so (Reza, my dad say's hi! :) ). I don't know any places..but where i'm from, there's not many milanistas, so i just go to my uni and watch the match at our pub, or i watch it at home with some friends...i would still like to get a club going or something... Sant also came to visit last year...and i'm hoping he will come again...especially if we could all get together to watch a match!
I hope everything is going well Mia, please say hi to your dad :)
We should pick a sunday and start from there, getting others to come and choose a location.
Sant also came to visit last year...and i'm hoping he will come again...especially if we could all get together to watch a match!
Unfortunadtely, we lost the match we watched together (against Roma)...
but we will have better luck next time...
I will return, I promise.
curry chicken
27-10-2007, 14:48
Starting up a club is a great idea Angel. We should look into that. :5ok:
As Rez said, Sundays are our best bet.
Option A) If you want to look at the option of long weekends/statutory holidays then we don't have any coming up till X-mas and New Years for 2007. I was thinking about the derby weekend (Dec 23), but it's way too close to Christmas for people to want to travel...yes/no?
Mandatory Holidays in 2008 give us the Easter weekend (March 21-24) and Victoria Day (May 19). There's Canada day too (July 1), but I suspect it will more rewarding to get together before the season is over.
Option B) Any Sunday coming up that Milan is playing, as we could do what you guys did and watch a game together. If enough of us meet then surely we won't lose. Any ideas?
Doesn't have to be a long weekend if that lowers the possible choices. Derby weekend is a good idea though, lets aim for that and see if its doable.
curry chicken
30-10-2007, 10:16
I vote for the derby weekend then. Anyone else?
Angel_Cic
30-10-2007, 15:58
derby weekend...just let me know in advance where for sure..cause i work fridays/saturdays all day...and would have to book it off.
SANT...you MUST come back...maybe this time we'll win....plus, my dad hasn't mad his pizza in a while...so you know...it would be a great time for him to do it. lol. plus i feel like we didn't take enough pics (i'm kind of a pic-a-holic...no? lol)
Reza...my dad still wants to make you pizza as well. haha. so when Sant comes down, we're coming to get you. haha. however, i may even see you before :)
I'll tell you what... if you guys figure out the date, and everybody confirms attendance, I will be there... I'll find a way... plus, I left some "business" pending at the club, remember? :bri:
Angel_Cic
04-11-2007, 12:22
hahahaha...omg that's where we can have the afterparty...hahaha...round 2 Santi!~ :tong:
Return derby is close, so where is everybody? :D
i see lots of people in Milan jersey's out and abount in Ottawa.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.