PDA

View Full Version : How long since you loved Milan?


Milany
04-12-2007, 09:11
me since 1999-2000(7 years), thats when sheva came to Milan.

before Milan i used just to see UCL in general no support for any teams just the dutch mens who play for any team, but when i layed my eyes of sheva i stared to like him, when he went to Milan, i liked Milan.

1997-1998= Holland, And general Support For UCL teams.
1998-1999=Same thing, but liked sheva.

the new Melania, is when i liked milan, 7 years.

BTW: i am now 18.

ACMILAN1983
04-12-2007, 12:48
I started following and enjoying Milan since around 1988, when I saw the Dutch trio and found out about Milan. I started playing as them in videogames and really the rest is history.

forward
04-12-2007, 13:06
Arrival of Sheva

drucurl
04-12-2007, 13:18
dru's history:
'82 born :1ole:
'89-present: basketball /nba fan
'97- learns about ronaldo and falls in love :D. Gets first football (a Milan football. I learnt about milan and their history and have been following their progress ever since :sweeteye: )
'98-2000 football fan ManU fan (because Dwight Yorke played there)
'00-01-Batigol fan (read support for Roma because of batigol)
'01-02- brief stint as Inter fan (Bati left for Inter) :stupid:
'02-present Milan fan (I couldn't go through life as an Interista :yuck: so I chose the team of my second favourite player Sheva + Bati went to Quatar :D)
'02-present Ronaldo + Sheva replace Batigol as my favourite players

NAMMY
04-12-2007, 13:31
Not very long, 2003 I think.

Aficio
04-12-2007, 14:03
Born: 1983

Begin: about 1991/1992. First by the trio flying Ductchman. Then, by Baresi, Maldini,... and Berlusconi. Now I have unnumbered reasons to love Milan, one of them is: Milan has one arrogant brother like Inter :D

drucurl
04-12-2007, 14:35
Born: 1983

Begin: about 1991/1992. First by the trio flying Ductchman. Then, by Baresi, Maldini,... and Berlusconi. Now I have unnumbered reasons to love Milan, one of them is: Milan has one arrogant brother like Inter :D
Actually we're the arrogant one.....we beat up teams like Real, Inter ManU and then go lose to Empoli, Depor, Ascoli and Celtic :guw:
We're the team that put three past Liverpool so fast that we spent the rest of the match pointing and laughing...even while they were bombarding our goal. We're the team that when a goal down bring in defenders :eekani:
Every year we're written off and almost every year, we not only win stuff but do more things to be written off...like not reinforcing a seemingly past- it squad :5horse:

Inter has nothing to be arrogant about so they're more obnoxious than anything else

Aficio
04-12-2007, 15:22
Actually we're the arrogant one.....we beat up teams like Real, Inter ManU and then go lose to Empoli, Depor, Ascoli and Celtic :guw:
We're the team that put three past Liverpool so fast that we spent the rest of the match pointing and laughing...even while they were bombarding our goal. We're the team that when a goal down bring in defenders :eekani:
Every year we're written off and almost every year, we not only win stuff but do more things to be written off...like not reinforcing a seemingly past- it squad :5horse:

Inter has nothing to be arrogant about so they're more obnoxious than anything else

Hehe, I know your point of view. Watching Milan's match now is really painful.

But Inter has purity and virginity to be arrogant about :D

milanovac
04-12-2007, 16:08
Since 2002 :rone: :rone: :rone:

Blacktop
04-12-2007, 17:59
Since early 2005, mainly due to European football's virtual nonexistence in the States. I'm a very late bloomer. :)

lked
05-12-2007, 05:58
I'm 17 now i suport Milan since I was 13 so that's from 2003

Nalx
05-12-2007, 07:11
I was only a 7 year old boy when I first felt the magic of the beautiful game, thanks to the superb display of Dutch NT in Euro 1988. My father was a Milanisti and I was so excited when he told me that my hero Marco van Basten played for Milan. My father used to say "Once you watch a team play like Milan (Sacchi was the coach then), you can't do anything but to fall in love with them."

Warro Bantan
05-12-2007, 09:33
When I saw a picture of a Rastaman in a Milan kit, I was hooked. Circa 1988...what is that, like, 20 years?

:D

drucurl
05-12-2007, 09:59
When I saw a picture of a Rastaman in a Milan kit, I was hooked. Circa 1988...what is that, like, 20 years?

:D
Was that Guillit? Milan has been the pioneer in sporting the 'dreads':

Ruud Guillit (87-95 )
Edgar Davids (96-97)
Ibrahim Ba (97 to present :d33: )
Roque Junior ('00-04)
Seedorf (02' to '05 when he cut them :( )

Milan the only team with Rastas continuously for twenty years (87-07) :respect:
Bless :whie:

Warro Bantan
05-12-2007, 10:05
Definately Gullit, and more like 87 methinks...but the love affair with the city of Milan, and the San Siro started when Bob Marley played to a "standing room only" San Siro in the early 80s...or late 70s? :dontkn:

atreides602
05-12-2007, 10:58
Iin 1987-88 i had to make a decision : napoli+maradona or milan+gullit , i didn't liked the shorty back then so i went for gullit, who very fast had become my idol , i loved him even more then i loved van basten ;the game vs red star belgrad was one of the most intense i ever seen, the final against steaua bucharest : i was so afraid milan will lose that game -lol- entire romanian press [comunist press] was full of milan is scare of steaua, gullit won't play ...bla bla bla ; after holand era i was mature enough to realise that the team is the one to suport, not one star or the other , so i just laugh these days when i see a kid in a "galactic" or "extraterestrial" shirt with some star writen on the back; what i'm tryn' to say is that i'm married 4 life with red-black colours :5love:

drucurl
05-12-2007, 11:58
i just laugh these days when i see a kid in a "galactic" or "extraterestrial" shirt with some star writen on the back; what i'm tryn' to say is that i'm married 4 life with red-black colours :5love:

Good for you....because in case you ever decide to leave.................... Milan has the most fearsome pre-nup ever :D just ask Sheva (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=503603&PageIndex=2) :stupid:

atreides602
05-12-2007, 12:22
Good for you....because in case you ever decide to leave.................... Milan has the most fearsome pre-nup ever :D just ask Sheva (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=503603&PageIndex=2) :stupid:

tnx for warning , i am richer than Berlu :grinser:

savage_mau
07-12-2007, 08:38
Born 1984.

Final 02/03 vs Juve. My roommate is Juve Jan. I dont like him so much that i say i will support Milan. Milan finally won and were so happy and been milan fan over since.

Due to Rivaldo , Nesta ,Maldini and Inzaghi as well as there were the player i know the most and famous for me that time.

Tony75
07-12-2007, 08:49
Been a supporter since 1992. Start watching Italian League, Milan were playing on tv, so I got lucky and picked them.

Have been 2 times to San Siro & have seen them in Amsterdam 2001 & Madrid 2002 for 2 pre-season tours.

Arildonardo
07-12-2007, 11:02
Fan since the arrival of the dutch trio of Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard back in 1987-1988.

Favorite players since then: Van Basten and Maldini (and many more of course, but these two stand out for me).

Marauder
08-12-2007, 17:54
Since early 1990s when Dejan Savicevic transfered from Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) to AC Milan. Since I'm originally from Serbia, I'm big fan of Red Star.

Fanous
08-12-2007, 21:59
Back in the late 80s, I went to a small arcades spot with a good friend, and we found this great football game that only allowed you to pick serie a teams for some reason. I picked the "red and black team" and he picked the "blue and black team". Lucky me. We were about 9 years old then. I was pleased to find out later on that my pick included the famous Dutch trio. I followed them briefly for most of my teenage years throughout the 90s, and have been a proper fan since 2001. I am not italian (shame, really), nor have any players from my country ever played for Milan, but I am truly happy and proud to watch and support this team. It's really funny how these things turn out. I wish I could remember the name of that video game.

On a related note, I've been playing the new Pro Evolution game on PS3, and although it kicks some serious ass, I must say that the programmers really didn't do Gattuso justice with the stats. Cafu, on the other hand...

Dark_prince
09-12-2007, 08:55
I started to support Milan the first time I knew about soccer... and that was when I was 8 or 10.... hmm..

1996...I woul dsay

MiamiMilanista
11-12-2007, 12:00
6 years old.... 1988

Maldini+Nesta
11-12-2007, 14:55
(DECEMBER 2006)

Mind you I only began following/watching football at all in fall
of 2003!

I was a newbie to Serie A a few years ago (2004), but vaguely
knew of Milan from the CL Final vs. Juventus; so I started
occassionally watching RAI on the International Channel
on Sunday afternoons in Italian tape-delayed matches.

I know it sounds insane, but initially I considered
AS Roma (1 of my best friends loves Roma) :5roma:
or
Inter :yuck:....holds head in shame.

I knew I didn't want Juve (heard they were the Man Utd
of Italia and even more importantly the whole 1/2 empty
stadium for nearly every match bothered me).

Then January of 2006, we moved to Ohio and I befriended
a serious footie fan, who happened to love AC Milan. He is
Italian and we watched more and more Serie A. I started to
feel an emotional connection to the Rossoneri. Then the CL semis
vs. Man Utd were the clincher. I'm a supporter of Arsenal and of course
do not like Man Utd, so that 2nd leg at the San Siro was magic!
I was hooked.

:3band:

Giovanni
11-12-2007, 16:16
I follow Milan since 1988 or something..i remember Virdis playing and being one of my idols (i liked his mustaches :D )..i was 6 y o. I also remember that i woke up in the middle of the night for the two Intercontinetal Cups (1989- 1990 )..

Bosniaco
11-12-2007, 20:10
Borne in 1983--- Supported Zeljeznicar from Bosnia and 1992 I went to Italy and lived there for like 5 years and started supporting Milan in like 1993 because of Savicevic. I'm still a die hard fan that watches every Milan game no matter what.Since I live in US I'm not able to go to San Siro but I did go to see Milan when they visited US :)

Jeff
11-12-2007, 20:42
I must confess that my first love is not with Milan but with Sheffield Wedneday (oh well, if you don't know which team it is, that's ok I understand), but I quickly become a Milan fan when once saw a Maldini tackle (can't remember which game... long long time ago).

ACMILAN1983
12-12-2007, 02:50
I must confess that my first love is not with Milan but with Sheffield Wedneday (oh well, if you don't know which team it is, that's ok I understand), but I quickly become a Milan fan when once saw a Maldini tackle (can't remember which game... long long time ago).

I never quite understood that, how come you support Sheffield Wednesday? :confused:

Rayno_acm
12-12-2007, 13:05
I never quite understood that, how come you support Sheffield Wednesday? :confused:
What's the problem, I have a friend, who is a fan of Sheffield Wednessday. :D He says he started to like them somewhere in 1992, when they won the F.A. Cup or something like that. And since then he's been following them and he even made a fan site. :)

What about my love for Milan...Somewhere in 1988 (when I was 8 years old) I saw Milan on the TV for the first time, vs Bayern Munich, the match ended 1-0, Marco Van Basten from a penalty. But the result lies. I was amazed :wow: from the football Milan played in that game. Milan totally outplayed Bayern, and only the German keeper Aumann saved Bayern from a pure humiliation. Marco Van Basten was awesome. And then the commentator said, that Milan is playing without one of his best players, Ruud Gullit :eek: And I thought, what would Milan look like on the field even with that player, Gullit. :greed:
Milan got my attention and after 4 years of tracking every step of the team, I became a real fan :rone:

Giovanni
12-12-2007, 15:10
When I saw a picture of a Rastaman in a Milan kit, I was hooked. Circa 1988...what is that, like, 20 years?

:D :howler:
I had the Gullit baseball cap with the dreeds attached when i was little :rock3: :sun:

ACMILAN1983
12-12-2007, 16:17
What's the problem, I have a friend, who is a fan of Sheffield Wednessday. :D He says he started to like them somewhere in 1992, when they won the F.A. Cup or something like that. And since then he's been following them and he even made a fan site. :)


lol, just I didn't think they'd be too well known or popular in China

SAMI
16-12-2007, 09:16
since 2000 , one of my friends made me loving ac milan :5att:

addicted
16-12-2007, 12:27
I think i like Milan for about 2 years don`t think its any more then that.But i can became addicted to them,a friend of mine had a paper whit the legends in football and i saw a pic whit Maldini :5att: and boom love struck by Milan..or Maldini ..hmmm :firedev:

rosoneri_11
16-12-2007, 14:26
Right now i'm 21. I started to support Milan since 1998!

chock.lee
17-12-2007, 07:38
I started following and enjoying Milan since 1994.That year I was 10 years old.In that times,Milan must be the most successful club in the world.A lot of fans like Milan around me.But from 1997, Capello left Milan.We started a black year,and twists and turns many years.A lot of fans changed,and they brgan support other teams,I think they are not ture football fans.I always like and support Milan.I will support Milan forever :w186:

hany.Egypt
17-12-2007, 08:04
Born in 1986
Milan fan since 1993, I was watching the final between Milan and Marsellia (if I am not mistaken) when Milan played wonderful football and lost in the end, I was so sad and decided to support Milan from that moment + my dad loves Juventus so I started to like Juve as well tell 2003 ( it was the first tim I watch Milan Vs Juve match as I Seria a games werenot shown on the Egyptian TV channels only Champions League were shown )+I thought that I love juve more than Milan however in the final I found my self totaly baise to the red and black side.
P.S. I couldnt watch Seira A regularly tell 2005 2006 season as it was shown on Abo Dhabi sport which was a part of show time network( very expensive network ) so I used to watch the important fixtuers only on the pop but in 2005 when Aljazeerasport took the right it become very easy to watch as it only costs sth like 140 egyptian pounds/year to subscibe so I watched Milan regularly since then(hope its stays with them forever).

Tim
26-12-2007, 01:22
Probably since around 90 or 91.

Jeff
26-12-2007, 02:24
I never quite understood that, how come you support Sheffield Wednesday? :confused:

Can't quite remember; SW vs. Man U (1996 - 1997) season? I was very young, but was attracted by the owl mascot and the performance against Man U at that time; two other teams that have sort of gained my respect is crystal palace and (espeically) Nottenham Forest, both of which are at a lower division now lol.

just like I like Milan because they played very well against Juventus (can't remember when); and I do love Milan's jersey colors!

Jeff
26-12-2007, 02:26
What's the problem, I have a friend, who is a fan of Sheffield Wednessday. :D He says he started to like them somewhere in 1992, when they won the F.A. Cup or something like that. And since then he's been following them and he even made a fan site. :)



YAH!!!!!!!!!!! it might be early 1990s! I really forgot when I have ever come to like SW so much! I just LOVE the owl, and the water-soggin pitch ;).

J

RossoNero83
28-12-2007, 04:29
i started supporting milan in 1994 was my father who did this he was a milanista growing up in Italy. The 1st proper match i watched was back in 1994 and it was Milan Vs Barca in the UCL final and that 4-0 thrashing WOW!, what a magnificent team we had then too :rock3:

RossoNero83
28-12-2007, 05:19
Born in 1986
Milan fan since 1993, I was watching the final between Milan and Marsellia (if I am not mistaken) when Milan played wonderful football and lost in the end, I was so sad and decided to support Milan from that moment + my dad loves Juventus so I started to like Juve as well tell 2003 ( it was the first tim I watch Milan Vs Juve match as I Seria a games werenot shown on the Egyptian TV channels only Champions League were shown )+I thought that I love juve more than Milan however in the final I found my self totaly baise to the red and black side.
P.S. I couldnt watch Seira A regularly tell 2005 2006 season as it was shown on Abo Dhabi sport which was a part of show time network( very expensive network ) so I used to watch the important fixtuers only on the pop but in 2005 when Aljazeerasport took the right it become very easy to watch as it only costs sth like 140 egyptian pounds/year to subscibe so I watched Milan regularly since then(hope its stays with them forever).

sorry to double post, Hany have you tried streaming matches using p2p software on the internet. you can watch all milan matches on there for free, i would imagine most Milan fans on here particularly in countries where serie A is barley broadcasted or where they only show one live match a week like here in the UK on channel 5. PM me for more info and i will post you the details unless i can do it on here

hany.Egypt
28-12-2007, 11:24
sorry to double post, Hany have you tried streaming matches using p2p software on the internet. you can watch all milan matches on there for free, i would imagine most Milan fans on here particularly in countries where serie A is barley broadcasted or where they only show one live match a week like here in the UK on channel 5. PM me for more info and i will post you the details unless i can do it on here
well I watch them in p2p or bet359 when Milan plays while I am at work but at home I prefer to pay 140 pounds/year and guarantee excellent view, thanks for trying to help me mate.

RossoNero83
28-12-2007, 15:03
no probs, seems that streaming games is all the more popular

inter-1908
28-12-2007, 17:15
16 years ago, i ahd to pick between Milan and Inter, after being a juve fan, but i chose Inter, i thought i had made the wrong choice untill the last few years, when Inter started showing what a great team they really are.

Tony29.
28-12-2007, 17:26
16 years ago, i ahd to pick between Milan and Inter, after being a juve fan, but i chose Inter, i thought i had made the wrong choice untill the last few years, when Inter started showing what a great team they really are.
So your answer to the topic's question will be : "It's been 16 years since i almost started loving Milan" ? :D

drucurl
28-12-2007, 17:49
So your answer to the topic's question will be : "It's been 16 years since i almost started loving Milan" ? :D
It's ok right city wrong team :guw:
good to see you again Tony

Sleep
13-01-2008, 03:13
I started knowing about international football since early 1990s with Papin is my first and my all time favourite player :5ok: .

I started loving Milan since 1994 (don't know why I loved Milan at that time :d33: ). But I couldn't watch Milan much until late 1990s when Serie A was first broastcasted regularly (before that I could only watch PL). However, I'm not a person who easy to change. So Milan still remains my favourite club :respect: .

jtelly
13-01-2008, 09:16
I got lucky and met a half italian/half puerto-rican kid through my violin group. he stayed at my house and we watched serie a on RAI on sunday morning in italian (we were both about 10 years) and then we would run out to the backyard and i was maldini and he was van basten and we always put it past julio cesar of juventus. i remember when mvb scored that goal against juve in 89 or 90 right in the box, i was going nuts and my mom was yelling at me to get ready for church. then my friend got me a jersey and that was that. also my family is dutch so i think that is why i loved that tulip trio so much, i remember my dad always liked inter becuase of the krauts (he isn't even really a fan but he still asks me if klinsmann is playing and he loved lothar matthaus, go figure) and he got me a scarf for my birthday, which must have been something hard to find back in the early 90's in chicago.got to go to san siro for the first time in 94 and milan was winning the scudetto that year, all the city was draped in flags. have been back alot when i was living in salzburg, would go 8-10 times a year. now i'm back in chicago, my wife is a newly-formed milanista and we went to milan for spring break last year and saw milan play bayern in the CL and empoli in the league (when ronnie scored that great goal with 3 stepovers!)

pece4ever
03-02-2008, 10:33
since SAVICEVIC 1992