PDA

View Full Version : milan fined?


icculus
05-02-2008, 15:26
while reading the suspensions for next weeks seria games on goal.com, i noticed milan was fined 5000 euro's?

anyone know what this is for?
http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=575216

Vieira Banned For Two Games

Inter midfielder Patrick Vieira has been banned for two Serie A games following his red card against Empoli on Sunday.

zoom - galleria The Frenchman received his marching orders after just 39 minutes at San Siro, after he was booked for a foul and then swore right in the referee’s face, thus earning an immediate second yellow.

Vieira, who has since issued an apology for his actions, received a two-match ban, and will miss the games against Catania and Livorno.

Twelve other players received one-match suspensions from the disciplinary panel.

These are: Paolo Cannavaro (Napoli), Cristiano Doni (Atalanta, with a fine of 1000 euros), Jose Vidigal (Livorno), Felipe (Udinese), Giampaolo Bellini and Tiberio Guarente (Atalanta), Alberto Gilardino (Milan), Gaby Mudingayi (Lazio), Andrea Pisanu (Parma), Cristian Zaccardo (Palermo) and Simone Pepe (Udinese).

There were also club fines for Cagliari (12,000 Euros), Napoli (7000 Euros), Milan (5000 Euros), and Atalanta and Fiorentina (4000 Euros each).

Tony75
06-02-2008, 06:30
For getting players banned.

Kaka1899
06-02-2008, 08:11
why arnt Inter getting questioned when the had Cesar sent off against Udinese,Vieira sent off in there last match and burdisso sent off against Juve!? that 3 reds in 4 games

hany.Egypt
06-02-2008, 08:23
No, not for getting players banned, I guess its for what happened after Viola VS milan match, as 5 Milan supporters were arrested for hooliganism after so the club was fined but to be honest a 5000 Euros fine is rubbish especially for a club like Milan, I guess when you want to penalize a club money is the last thing you should think about. There are more effective and easier punishments like point deduction which really hurt the team and supporters and make the think million time before starting a new riot while money hurts club owners only and more over it does not hurt them that much because a billionaire like Berlu might spend these 5000 Euros at a restaurant for dinner, so in my opinion if you want to fine a club financially you should make a massive fine, a kind of fine that force the club to sell some its players to pay it not this funny penalty!

icculus
06-02-2008, 08:30
thanks guys... i think the 5 grand fine is more like an official warning...and buy the club paying it, it an admission of guilt.

Rico
06-02-2008, 09:23
No, not for getting players banned, I guess its for what happened after Viola VS milan match, as 5 Milan supporters were arrested for hooliganism after so the club was fined but to be honest a 5000 Euros fine is rubbish especially for a club like Milan, I guess when you want to penalize a club money is the last thing you should think about. There are more effective and easier punishments like point deduction which really hurt the team and supporters and make the think million time before starting a new riot while money hurts club owners only and more over it does not hurt them that much because a billionaire like Berlu might spend these 5000 Euros at a restaurant for dinner, so in my opinion if you want to fine a club financially you should make a massive fine, a kind of fine that force the club to sell some its players to pay it not this funny penalty!
Good post. :5ok:

And it raises up an interesting question.

How do you penalise a big club.

When I heard about Juve's relegation I was mad and in disbelief. I was always under the impression that a fine of 133 333 Euro would be better. :)

Kaka1899
06-02-2008, 09:29
you were angry and in disbelief that they had been punished for cheating and winning two scuddetti by cheating?

Rico
06-02-2008, 09:42
Listen, in theory what they did was so bad that Serie C was probably the right result if you wanna go that way.

I just simply do not believe in point deductions and relegations. A BIG fine and it is all OK in my book.

You can also double the fine I mentioned and say 266 666 Euro.

And the cheating did not go on in only those two years. Since 1994 (The year Moggi arrived in Juve) they have rigged Serie A and Coppa Italia.

hany.Egypt
06-02-2008, 10:01
When I heard about Juve's relegation I was mad and in disbelief. I was always under the impression that a fine of 133 333 Euro would be better.
I was Shocked also especially that I am a Milan/Juve fan , however, to be honest it was quit fair they cheated and got relegated and to me money in Calciopoli was not going to be enough as some teams were send to Seria B because of Milan/Juve/Viola and Lazio cheating so all they teams and I say it again all of them should have been sent to Seria B to drink from the same cup that the other club drank from, but as a Milan and Seria A fan, I must say that this was going to be a knock out for Italian football and it could mean that Italy will never be a major football force any more so thanks God it did not happen.

Kaka1899
06-02-2008, 11:22
In the Calciopoli scandal the FIGC would NEVER have sent Milan and Juve to Serie B together as doing that they remove there most decorated clubs from european competition for a season or two and people would think of Italian football as a laughing stock, they needed to keep some pride by keeping one or the other and they chose to keep the lesser of the two evils by keeping us in there, probably why they let us back in again just my opinion that though guys n gurls :)

Rico
06-02-2008, 15:04
gurls :grinser:

*Hugs Greg*