PDA

View Full Version : ACMilan- Arsenal Champions League 07/08


Pages : [1] 2 3

Giovanni
22-02-2008, 19:50
Time to open up a new thread.

Jim_UK
23-02-2008, 08:04
Eduardo will probably not play a part in this match or any other this season after a suspected broken leg in the Premier League match against Birmingham.

Kaka1899
23-02-2008, 09:14
hes completley broken it, it was tht nasty sky sports news wont show it :yuck:

kastriot
23-02-2008, 09:39
hes completley broken it, it was tht nasty sky sports news wont show it :yuck:

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/video-taylor-slomio-nogu-eduardu-prijeti-pauza-od-osam-mjeseci/375586.aspx

Here u have photos and videos of the tackle....its horrible .....I wish Eduardo all the best.

Jeff
23-02-2008, 10:05
Goodness me.... i wish him all the best...

Gees... why do you have to make tackles like that...

Ghost
23-02-2008, 10:17
I honestly felt sick watching it, the players were clearly affected in the game and I hope Eduardo a speedy recovery.

I'm just speechless at what I saw, Eduardo hope you come back stronger and any fan of the game is behind you.

MLM
23-02-2008, 10:18
the tackle was horrible.why on earth Taylor did that!!Eduardo still young.hopefully he will recover soon.and he will miss the game against us.which is i am not happy about that :rollani: and Arsenal not even has to accept the injury from Eduardo but also the unfair result for the lack of concentration by Clichy in final minute.they don't deserve 2-2 result as for they dominated the game.what a day for Arsenal.

Ghost
23-02-2008, 10:30
There are a lot of reports going around saying that injury is a 'career ending' injury, I hope with everything that I have that the statement is a lie.

Jeff
23-02-2008, 10:47
holy cow... just 2 minutes into the game and make this kind of tackle? well, I feel sorry for Taylor too; he must be feeling darn remorseful (or is he?)

Ghost
23-02-2008, 10:52
holy cow... just 2 minutes into the game and make this kind of tackle? well, I feel sorry for Taylor too; he must be feeling darn remorseful (or is he?)

What gets me all worked up is the fact that the muppet had a smirk on his face when the tackle happened, Taylor is a barbarian.

Jeff
23-02-2008, 10:56
What gets me all worked up is the fact that the muppet had a smirk on his face when the tackle happened, Taylor is a barbarian.

:5horse: :5horse: :5horse: :5horse: :5horse:

MLM
23-02-2008, 10:57
well, I feel sorry for Taylor too; he must be feeling darn remorseful (or is he?)

from the face that ESPN camera broadcasted he seems very awful after that tackle.i might be missed that smirk from him.

ps. but the tackle absolutely could ends Eduardo career.hate Taylor for that.

mrki
23-02-2008, 10:59
holy cow... just 2 minutes into the game and make this kind of tackle? well, I feel sorry for Taylor too; he must be feeling darn remorseful (or is he?)

I would like to "talk" to this "player" right now!

IDIOT! Tackled the ball my ass!!! Tackled it with the bottom of his boot and the ball wasnt there, not close! I know you ment well Jeff with this sentence, but how does he feel right now I dont care. He deserved something more than a beed feeling... *******!

Sorry for my expressions in here, but I feel so sad right now... Not only EURO, but his career is in question!

After coming form Brazil to Croatia, didnt know a language, didnt had any money, and played his heart out in our **** league and turened up to play for ARSENAL!! And now some veeeery talented butcher, who thinks he is a football player, comes and kicks him like he never saw football match before. Monkey business. Disgusting... Braziliani, lets brake their legs, as we cant play like them!

mrki
23-02-2008, 10:59
What Does A Smirk Mean???

kastriot
23-02-2008, 11:01
What gets me all worked up is the fact that the muppet had a smirk on his face when the tackle happened, Taylor is a barbarian.

Its true, easily i can make a 5 min compilation of taylor( ex Blackburn) making this kind of tackles, but he did feel sorry too, I dont think it was intentional....however player need to be more careful...they can not go and tackle like that,

I never felt this sorry for a player, I`ve been following Eduardos career since his was playing for Dinamo Zagreb youth team, and its gonna be a pity if this injury results in career ending for Eduardo. Such a great player. :broken:

MLM
23-02-2008, 11:02
What Does A Smirk Mean???

smile like evil..

mrki
23-02-2008, 11:03
He'll be smiling when some BBB find him up there in england...

kastriot
23-02-2008, 11:10
WOW
Here is Taylor smiling,after the tackle....whats wrong with him :1ang: :1ang: :1ang:
http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/krvnik-taylor-nakon-brutalnog-starta-nasmijesio-se-eduardu/375594.aspx

jcastagn
23-02-2008, 11:33
My thoughts are with him. That Taylor guy should be banned for life. What the f*ck was he thinking?? I'm very sorry for Da Silva. I hope he can make a comeback.

Capo Ultra
23-02-2008, 12:29
WOW
Here is Taylor smiling,after the tackle....whats wrong with him :1ang: :1ang: :1ang:
http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/krvnik-taylor-nakon-brutalnog-starta-nasmijesio-se-eduardu/375594.aspx

This Martin Taylor guy must be crazy. What a demented bastard.

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=95a97a66-e224-11dc-ad6e-0003ba99c53b

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1811697


http://www.4thegame.com/media/gallery/3379.jpg

http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb/archive/00325/SPT_010_BHAMCITY_AR_325300m.jpg

remote2book
23-02-2008, 13:25
omg....just woke up.what horrible news..the fa should just kick him out of the league..wasnt even going for the ball and than started acting like nothing happened after he hit him stupid *****............hope you come back eduardo all the best

e-Milan
23-02-2008, 14:43
horrible. football killer. this martin guy must not play football anymore, he makes forwards think twice if they meet him on the field.
i hope eduardo can make a comeback.

Ghost
23-02-2008, 15:43
I've been feeling gutted ever since the game, I wouldn't wish that on any player even if they played for a team I couldn't stand.

The impression I got of Eduardo ever since he joined Arsenal was that he was a very down to earth, humble and a friendly character. He's very similar to Kaka in a way where he talks about being grateful to be given the chance to play, so many times he came out saying he owes a lot to Wenger for having patience with him and now that muppet has not only taken away the chance for him to represent his club but also his nation in the Euro's 2008.

We're all hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

@Gio received my Arsenal/Milan ticket today I would tell you what area I've been allocated to but I don't understand Italian one bit. :sigh:

Set 301?
Fila 1?
Ingresso 5?

kastriot
23-02-2008, 15:58
.......................................

kastriot
23-02-2008, 15:58
Well good news finally

Eduardos operation was a success, and the doctors said that the it wasnt as bad as it looked first......only the outer part of the bone was damaged, the inner(not sure about the medical terms) part was not touched luckily. He `ll be out for 5-6 months.

We are with you DUDU.youll be back

Giovanni
23-02-2008, 16:00
Settore= section
Fila= row
Ingresso= gate (outside the stadium)..

Mate you woldn't believe that, but YOU'LL BE JUST OVER MY HEAD.... I'm in the second green tier, section 230. You're 3rd green tier, just a couple of floors higher. Be sure you and your friends don't throw oranges or whatever :sun: :D

Anyway, since the last season, away fans are allocated into the third tier, in the so called "cage". The view is not bad at all, but not the best in San Siro. This was meant to put away fans far from the pitch and preserve them to put pressure on the field.

The view is good, but a bit far from the pitch. It's the same in Barcelona as well. I was in the fourth Nou Camp tier, but the view was nonetheless good.

Check it out :

http://www.acmilan.com/InfoPage.aspx?id=52423

PS. carry a document with photo and ID identification. It will be checked at the outer gate with the ticket, and ticket data are menat to be the same as in the document. Then keep ticket and document at hand, because they will check it a few times more, especially the ticket.

Capo Ultra
23-02-2008, 16:00
@Gio received my Arsenal/Milan ticket today I would tell you what area I've been allocated to but I don't understand Italian one bit. :sigh:

Set 301?
Fila 1?
Ingresso 5?

You're gonna be sitting at Terzo Anello Verde, which is right above Curva Nord. The Arsenal fans are gonna be sitting there or at Primo Anello Verde.

http://www.acmilan.com/InfoPage.aspx?id=52423

I will also be at San Siro for the game. Either at Poltroncine Rosse section R or the VIP-room.

Rayno_acm
23-02-2008, 16:12
...
Set 301?
Fila 1?
Ingresso 5?
Sector 301
Row 1
Entrance 5

What happened to Eduardo is awful :1avs: :1avs: :1avs: :r7: :r7: :r7: wish him full recovery... :w221: Mama mia... :p157:

Ghost
23-02-2008, 16:22
Well good news finally

Eduardos operation was a success, and the doctors said that the it wasnt as bad as it looked first......only the outer part of the bone was damaged, the inner(not sure about the medical terms) part was not touched luckily. He `ll be out for 5-6 months.

We are with you DUDU.youll be back

Yeah just heard over here Eduardo will be out for 5/6 months, I feel much better knowing the injury is not as bad as I thought it would be.

At least some better news to a pretty much screwed up day.

@Gio, Capo and Rayno thanks a lot lads. Yeah I've seen how tight things are with the security and they have requested us to carry a photo ID all the time. Gio if anything lands on you or any other Rossoneri then I'm sorry as I won't aim for you lol.

Can't wait for the game as It will be my first experience of San Siro, are there any hotels you could advise me on? I'm looking at staying only for the one night as I'm only able to book the 2 days off work.

Capo Ultra
23-02-2008, 16:27
@Gio, Capo and Rayno thanks a lot lads. Yeah I've seen how tight things are with the security and they have requested us to carry a photo ID all the time. Gio if anything lands on you or any other Rossoneri then I'm sorry as I won't aim for you lol.

Can't wait for the game as It will be my first experience of San Siro, are there any hotels you could advise me on? I'm looking at staying only for the one night as I'm only able to book the 2 days off work.

Prego :)

Usually I stay at a friends house, when I'm in Milano, but I can recommend this hotel:

Best Western Hotel Berlino
Via Plana 33
MILANO 20155

It's in the San Siro zone and therefore very close to our beloved home ground.

Giovanni
23-02-2008, 16:28
@Gio, Capo and Rayno thanks a lot lads. Yeah I've seen how tight things are with the security and they have requested us to carry a photo ID all the time. Gio if anything lands on you or any other Rossoneri then I'm sorry as I won't aim for you lol.

Can't wait for the game as It will be my first experience of San Siro, are there any hotels you could advise me on? I'm looking at staying only for the one night as I'm only able to book the 2 days off work.

Luckily you will be caged into a net protection :1old: . I won't mind if you send a couple of beers from the upper floor thought. I'm sure you'll be well equipped. :sun:

Hotels? Don't know. But better you make sure that the hotel will provide you female company, just in case you feel alone after the match LOL :haha:

:sun:

cescvanpersie
23-02-2008, 17:02
SOme croatian website/TV are saying it might even be 3-4 months.
That;s good news...almost had a heart attack watch the replay.
Taylor is a brute and i already posted my opinion on him before the Birgmingham game.
We should have won that game if not for a dodgy penalty by the referee.
I see the referees have started wearing their man utd shirt.
3 points ahead now from 5.
Let's see what happens in the future.

forward
23-02-2008, 17:34
Regarding Tarylor, I think the guy should be suspended for a couple of months, half a year would be fair, just as long as Eduardo will be recovering from his injury.

Regarding the game tickets... can't wait for my first visit to the San Siro... you lucky bastards :)

e-Milan
23-02-2008, 18:01
good to hear that dudu could make it sooner.

about taylor, he may not doing it on purpose, but pushing it to the limit when u got less technique is forbidden. he must have learn to control.
u may bump but u can't break any.

Aficio
23-02-2008, 18:04
Poor Dudu, hope that he gets well soon.

Theo Walcott played well this match with Birmingham. I think he will start 2nd leg.

Ghost
23-02-2008, 19:48
Hotels? Don't know. But better you make sure that the hotel will provide you female company, just in case you feel alone after the match LOL :haha:

:sun:

How about forget the Hotel providing the service, I just give you my hotel room number and you sort it out? ;)

Gio you must know them Italian chicks ha.

SOme croatian website/TV are saying it might even be 3-4 months.
That;s good news...almost had a heart attack watch the replay.

Let's see what happens in the future.

Like I mentioned before I heard it was about 5 months somewhere but to be honest I don't think that will be the case, look at how horrific the injury was (the bone snapped in 3 place and you could see that in the pictures *sorry for going into detail*). Do you honestly think a recovery from this injury will take 3/4/5/6 months? Dudu will be out for at least a year IMHO and that is if he recovers to play football again, we just can't tell anything as it's so early.

I said this before the season started that Arsenal don't have the depth to win the league and I'll repeat it again - United will win the league because they are just too strong. Persie is out and so is Eduardo, so who will partner Adebayor? Bendtner? Theo? LOL don't make me laugh.

Watch how Wenger rushes back Persie now, that is the last thing we all want.

Theo Walcott played well this match with Birmingham. I think he will start 2nd leg.

Walcott had times where he seemed to struggle, however did you see the impact he made when he came on against Milan at the Emirates?

I do think Walcott will start because Nicklas and Ade don't work and Persie is out.

Ghost
24-02-2008, 16:48
Thought I would get some updates on Eduardo's injury:

Eduardo - I am determined to overcome this injury

Eduardo has given his account of the terrible events at Birmingham City on Saturday.

The Croatian, 25 on Monday, broke his leg following a challenge from Blues defender Martin Taylor in the third minute of the game at St Andrews. He was taken to hospital and underwent surgery that night. The striker has since returned to a London-based hospital for further treatment.

Speaking for the first time after the incident, the summer signing from Dinamo Zagreb ruled himself out of the rest of the season and Euro 2008 in the summer however he added that he is 'determined to overcome this injury'.

“I don't remember the incident very well and it is not something that I want to see again on television or in the newspapers," said Eduardo.

"All I remember is that when I fell, I looked down at my foot and it had turned the other way. The rest is just a blank. It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football.

“I am unsure at the moment of the extent of the injury and how long I will be out of action for but I know that I won't be able to play for Arsenal for the rest of the season or be ready in time for the Euros this summer.

"But I'm not worried about that. My concentration and determination is on making as quick a recovery as possible. I am determined to overcome this injury.

“I would like to thank the medical team here at Arsenal for their efforts as well as the staff at Selly Oak Hospital who carried out the operation on Saturday night. Everyone there made me feel as comfortable as possible.

"I would also like to say how touched I am by the many messages of support I have received and to be surrounded by my loved ones at this time.”

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=488036&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Eduardo+-+I+am+determined+to+overcome+this+injury

Also another link and as I don't understand the language much I think I can make out what it's trying to say vaguely

His close friend said that there's a possibility he'll spend some of his rehabilitation time in Zagreb as he is supposed to rest for six weeks and he'd rather spend that time in Croatia.

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/eduardo-dolazi-na-rehabilitaciju-u-zagreb/375715.aspx

These words from him show how much motivation and determination he has, for a player to suffer such a shock and within 24hours talk like this takes a lot of courage and it shows what a great person he is. Also on behalf of many Arsenal supporters I know we would also like to thank Milan for the sheer class they have shown in wishing Eduardo a quick recovery:

COME ON EDUARDO!

MILAN - Eduardo Da Silva has broken his left leg in the match against Birmingham today, as reported by the BBC. The Rossoneri's family wishes the Arsenal striker all the best and a quick return to playing.

It just shows what a great club Milan is and sets an example for many many of the other clubs in the world.

Get well soon Dudu, hope you come back stronger than ever.

forward
24-02-2008, 17:11
We Can Score 15 Goals Against Liverpool
Inter President Massimo Moratti has sensationally declared that his team are capable of scoring 15 goals against Liverpool in their Champions League last 16 second leg.
“If the crowd are as I expect them to be, it will be hard for Liverpool. I have trust. We have 90 minutes and we can score 15 goals if we want to.”
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=595410

:rotfl: :D:D:D :rotfl: ok, I pray for Liverpool to trash Merda, just for Moratti's sake :) how can anyone support this joke of a club really? :)

Giovanni
24-02-2008, 17:13
Inter President Massimo Moratti has sensationally declared that his team are capable of scoring 15 goals against Liverpool in their Champions League last 16 second leg.
“If the crowd are as I expect them to be, it will be hard for Liverpool. I have trust. We have 90 minutes and we can score 15 goals if we want to.”
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=595410

:rotfl: :D:D:D :rotfl: ok, I pray for Liverpool to trash Merda, just for Moratti's sake :) how can anyone support this joke of a club really? :)

I can see a brilliant career for Moratti if he quits oil trading: circus joker :haha:

cescvanpersie
24-02-2008, 17:15
Loooks like We'll be bringing in ROBIN VAN PERSIE for the return leg.
Welcome news for me...he has been training for a while so i expect him to have a decnt level of fitness.

Ghost
24-02-2008, 18:24
I can see a brilliant career for Moratti if he quits oil trading: circus joker :haha:

Is there a site where I can find out how much money he has spent on Inter? I heard it's not that far off the amount Roman has spent on Chelsea.

Loooks like We'll be bringing in ROBIN VAN PERSIE for the return leg.
Welcome news for me...he has been training for a while so i expect him to have a decnt level of fitness.

You think he's match fit? You think he's ready? You think Wenger will play him?

He can train all he wants but being match fit is different, he has only played 3 games in 5 months - THAT is not match fit. Plus I'd rather have a Robin helping the team throughout after this game in the league (if Arsenal lost) then a rushed back Robin for the CL game where he could get injured again and ruled out for the season.

cescvanpersie
25-02-2008, 04:32
Is there a site where I can find out how much money he has spent on Inter? I heard it's not that far off the amount Roman has spent on Chelsea.



You think he's match fit? You think he's ready? You think Wenger will play him?

He can train all he wants but being match fit is different, he has only played 3 games in 5 months - THAT is not match fit. Plus I'd rather have a Robin helping the team throughout after this game in the league (if Arsenal lost) then a rushed back Robin for the CL game where he could get injured again and ruled out for the season.
He will play against villa

outlaw_member
25-02-2008, 04:57
Where did you hear that Cescvanpersie about RVP?

Also thank you Milanista's for being greatly concerned for our EDU, having 2 seperate stories for the Croat on you official website, just goes to show the class of your club.

For those saying 5/6 months, where did you read this?

Peachtot
25-02-2008, 05:10
How bout rosicky ? will he be match fit for 2nd leg in san siro ?
i hope arsenal will come to san siro with their best squad.

my respect to arsenal and their performance

cescvanpersie
25-02-2008, 05:21
Peachtot i'm sure Rosicky should be fit for the 2nd leg.
Outlaw daily express says the injury wasn't as bad as first feared..generally saying recovery time after surgery is deemed at 4-5 months. So basically 20 weeks.
About Van persie, i saw something on ssn about rvp being back against Villa to get Match fitness for san siro..might be speculation though but i don't see us sticking with Walcott at the San siro.. or against villa.

outlaw_member
25-02-2008, 05:22
Yep, he might be back, but he like RVP are made of glass, so you never know. However I think Rosicky should be back for Villa, so yeah.

Diavolo
25-02-2008, 20:35
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDUARDO
2/25/2008
MILAN - Arsenal player Eduardo Da Silva, who was injured during saturday's game against Birmingham, celebrates his 25th birthday today. From the Milan family many happy birthday wishes and the hope for a quick recovery and return to activity.

Diavolo
25-02-2008, 20:51
At date Kaka has a 60% chance to recover for leg 2 after his injury vs Palermo.

cescvanpersie
26-02-2008, 02:38
More mind games for Ancelotti :rolleyes:

Siregar
26-02-2008, 05:25
Inter President Massimo Moratti has sensationally declared that his team are capable of scoring 15 goals against Liverpool in their Champions League last 16 second leg.
“If the crowd are as I expect them to be, it will be hard for Liverpool. I have trust. We have 90 minutes and we can score 15 goals if we want to.”
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=595410

:rotfl: :D:D:D :rotfl: ok, I pray for Liverpool to trash Merda, just for Moratti's sake :) how can anyone support this joke of a club really? :)

I think, it's misquoted. I've read (I forget where, but I think it's in channel4) that Moratti said in 90 minutes there could be 15 goals. I think, this statement is really different to what goal.com said.

I think he wanted to say that in San Siro there is still chance for Inter.

I really dont like Moratti but I also don't like journalists who just convert sentence(s) from interview just like they want.

forward
26-02-2008, 06:11
“If the crowd are as I expect them to be, it will be hard for Liverpool. I have trust. We have 90 minutes and we can score 15 goals if we want to.”
this is the exact quote as he said it

outlaw_member
26-02-2008, 10:10
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDUARDO
2/25/2008
MILAN - Arsenal player Eduardo Da Silva, who was injured during saturday's game against Birmingham, celebrates his 25th birthday today. From the Milan family many happy birthday wishes and the hope for a quick recovery and return to activity.

Another story about Eduardo on your website, I thought one was great, but 3. Your club has gone up a few notches in my eyes. Amongst Arsenal fan's, Milan has always been the more liked one rather than the other big teams but I can assure you many Arsenal fan's have been blown away by the reaction of your club. Many have even started supporting you guys as their 2nd team. I am seriously considering doing the same. I used to support Lazio when I was younger(only because I had a Lazio shirt) but my interest faded, as Arsenal was enough but I could add Milan.

On another note, you guys won't believe this, do you know what many pundits and football people are saying in England as the real victim of the Eduardo injury. Guess?...........









Martin Taylor

Last but not least Toure is destined to be back for the 2nd leg, so that's great news as he is our best defender. Do you guys know if Nesta will be back?

Jeff
26-02-2008, 11:37
NOt sure about Nesta, but we will see. Too early to talk about it now; we still have two games to play before your guys :(


So what's going to happen to Martin Taylor?

outlaw_member
26-02-2008, 11:47
3 match ban, where the guy will suffer so tragically as the challenge has left him in emotional tatters. Hopefully the country carries on backing Tiny Tim as he is known who will no doubt need all the help he can get to survive this terrible ordeal. The poor fellow was so hurt he had to be convinced to come into training as his whole world felt it was in ruin.

That's the what the English media and sports people think of this incident.

In other words 3 matches and hes back to hurt someone else.

Ghost
26-02-2008, 12:51
Another story about Eduardo on your website, I thought one was great, but 3. Your club has gone up a few notches in my eyes. Amongst Arsenal fan's, Milan has always been the more liked one rather than the other big teams but I can assure you many Arsenal fan's have been blown away by the reaction of your club. Many have even started supporting you guys as their 2nd team. I am seriously considering doing the same

Haha just like me eh.

Still no word on Rosicky and Persie. Eboue could replace Rosicky no problem but who could replace Persie?

Then again if Wenger decides to play a 4-5-1 then only 1 striker (Ade) will be used.

As Outlaw has mentioned Kolo most likely will be backI don't know, Kolo hasnt been the same since he returned from the ACON - plus Senderos had a killer game at the Emirates. I have a sneaky feeling that Wenger will start with Theo in the game.

Jeff
26-02-2008, 12:55
NIce that Toure will be back in the team. Will be a great matcH!

outlaw_member
26-02-2008, 13:01
Theo will be a huge risk, whether he will cope, we don't know. However he had a great game against Birmingham. Your right about Kolo, and I feel even though individually Senderos is weaker than Galloure(Gallas and Toure). As a unit Senderos helps keep far more clean sheets than when it's Galloure playing. In saying all that, I would rather have Toure handling Kaka than Senderos, as the Swiss can be beaten easier especially if they are isolated.

I expect the following line up, unless of new injuries/knocks.

Lehmann
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Eboue Flamini Fabregas Rosicky
Hleb
Adebayor

Strong enough to beat Milan. Rosicky is vital to the possesion game, and he will be needed. If Van Persie is on the bench than we will have a threat off the bench, which was something we lacked in the 1st leg. Theo could do some damage to tiring players with his pace. All in all I cannot wait.

Jeff
26-02-2008, 13:07
I hoenstly doubt if someone who has been out for 4 - 5 months and just come back for an important game will deliver. At least I know that Kaka` can't lol! He has not been up to his standard lately, mainly becuase of a lingering injury.

I also remember the same thing about the same thing about Man Utd defender (his name starts with V... VIdic?) he came back from injury and was out for a few omnths and he could never mark Kaka` in the second game; on a usual day I think he could at least do much better; but fitness level after coming right back into play after injury is a huge question mark...

outlaw_member
26-02-2008, 13:13
I would have agreed with you but against Chelsea, he had been out for 2-3 months, came on the 2nd half and created numerous chance, and almost scored too. I don't think he will make a huge impact, but he certainly could make a bigger impact than Bendtner, which is what my point was. As Bendtner is young and inexperienced, a half fit RVP is more likely to cause trouble than the Dane. Not that Bendtner is poor but he is out of form.

Also RVP's technique is very very sharp and clean so it shouldn't affect him too much. I think it was Pires who said RVP had the best technique he had ever seen, considering he played with Henry, Bergkamp and Zidane. That is a very bold statement. Like I said though, he won't make a big contribution but it would be a plus if he can be on the bench.

cescvanpersie
26-02-2008, 13:22
Trust me an unfit RVP is ten times better than Walcott or Bendtner.
Outlaw as you said, the impact he mae in the Chelsea game was huge.
I think he would be worth a punt for the first 65 minutes then walcott on to burn pace against Milan's defence.

outlaw_member
26-02-2008, 13:29
I don't think Wenger will start RVP, he certainly would not want to risk him especially after Eduardo. He might be on the bench but I wouldn't bet on him coming on either.

cescvanpersie
26-02-2008, 13:34
So if we were 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go he wouldn't come on? lol
in all seriousness, if Rosicky is back we will play 4-5-1 with hleb playing off Ade

Ghost
26-02-2008, 14:23
I only hope Arsenal don't fall in to the trap as United did last year, United I think were still left on the coach.

Ghost
26-02-2008, 14:27
So if we were 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go he wouldn't come on? lol
in all seriousness, if Rosicky is back we will play 4-5-1 with hleb playing off Ade

Wenger has came out and said it was his mistake for rushing Persie back so quickly, if he does it again I think he'll know the consequences.

Persie will only play if he's ready, but like you mentioned if Rosicky is fit then Hleb will play off Ade.

outlaw_member
27-02-2008, 06:09
Exactly, Ghost.

What happened to United last season, how did they fail? I never watched the full match as I was too busy celebrating the fact United were losing.

outlaw_member
27-02-2008, 07:41
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=601417

RVP looks set to be on the bench against Villa. His return will be a huge boost, and hopefully some minutes against Villa will give him better footing for a stronger impact against Milan. His return is so vital for Arsenal to realise there EPL and CL ambitions.

GeoTav
27-02-2008, 08:24
MU has been totally overrated by Milan last year (i don't know if it can be said like that ? we can say a player is overrated, but a team ?). I mean: Milan played really well, almost perfectly, they had to win, and they just did it ...

Milan actually has managed the perfect game by this way: not having all the time the ball possession, just let the ball to MU but pressing everytime the midfield (C.Ronaldo for example had almost no good ball), and when Milan had the ball, they did the special Milan actions lol (the ball is touched by every player and there is a goal 3-4 minutes later). After 5 minutes, I think a lot of guys could have said that Milan was going to win (I didn't anyway, too stressed to think we were sure to win lol).

outlaw_member
27-02-2008, 08:53
I wouldn't say that the team was overrated as they were close to doing the treble again. EPL winners, FA Cup final and CL semi-final. However Ronaldo is overrated. He bar Arsenal has not scored against a big team even though he has played many many times. The only reason he even scores against us, is because we are very attacking. In big games he is poor and it's no surprise he was poor against you. In saying that he is excellent against the other teams.

GeoTav
27-02-2008, 09:03
Overrated wasn't the good word, sorry ... in France we say "Surclassé", I found "Upgraded" as a translation but I don't think it is the good word too lol.

Umh ... how to explain this word, perhaps over-estimated ??

outlaw_member
27-02-2008, 09:10
Yeh you could.

ACMILAN1983
27-02-2008, 09:22
I think you might mean "outclassed" Geotav.

Ghost
27-02-2008, 12:56
Exactly, Ghost.

What happened to United last season, how did they fail? I never watched the full match as I was too busy celebrating the fact United were losing.

They got 'Raped' lol

cescvanpersie
28-02-2008, 04:39
lol united were awful, i remember getting stick from my college mates about their 3-2 victory.
Only man utd can be happy to let in 2 away goals for their opponents with a 1 goal lead and be happy about it Lmfao!
Trust me man utd were useless but that can also be put down to their useless defence on the day with vidic only just returning from injury and the absence of ferdinand.

elysian_fields
28-02-2008, 05:32
Milan will be obvously favourites for this, but we have a chance, no one thought we would win at the Bernabeu in 2006. Anyway 1-1 will be enough for us, but still I hope it's a good game with both teams going all-out attack.

GeoTav
28-02-2008, 06:13
Milan will be obvously favourites for this, but we have a chance, no one thought we would win at the Bernabeu in 2006. Anyway 1-1 will be enough for us, but still I hope it's a good game with both teams going all-out attack.

No one thought we would win the CL last year (after a "poor" round robin and a very difficult match against Celtic, idem against Bayern lol) !! :p283: ;)

For the 2 teams attacking, to watch that, you must hope that Arsenal scores first !! At 0-0, the two teams will manage a bit their match I think and if 1-0 for Milan, they will defend and attack sometimes only, i see this match like that (anyway it will be the best game of the year !! lol).

mrki
28-02-2008, 06:25
For the 2 teams attacking, to watch that, you must hope that Arsenal scores first !! At 0-0, the two teams will manage a bit their match I think and if 1-0 for Milan, they will defend and attack sometimes only, i see this match like that (anyway it will be the best game of the year !! lol).

Milan is so succesfull becouse we are not attacking just to make the game spectacular like EPL teams do. Milan WILL NOT attack at all costs in San Siro either. Trust me, I know how Carlo breathes in these games. Milan will push the tempo up and Pirlo, Rino and Max will play harder football. Maybe even Seedorf IF he decides to run :) But Milan will not attack, but play smart and patient wits secure passing and always 5,6 man behind the ball.

We played like that against united also, its just looked ike we are pushing hard forward. The quality of Pirlo, Seedorf, KAka', Inzaghi going forward is so high that Milan only needs to attack with 4 or max 5 players ( mixing with one of the fullbacks - if Paolo plays, in the first half it will be Maldini's side, in second Oddo's ).

:p283: :p283: :p283: :p283: :p283: :p283: :p283:

And now we go for 8th :5roma:

GeoTav
28-02-2008, 06:53
I have a dream !! lol

We beat Arsenal, then we beat Barcelona, then Liverpool and then Real Madrid !! A dream !! :r11:

hitmannq8
28-02-2008, 16:20
At first when the draw was made I was confident.. after the second leg's first half I was like - what the hell is going on? this is not the Milan I've seen for the last few years in the CL.. and when Adebayor hit the post, I got the same feeling I got when Sweden scored the 2nd goal vs Denmark in Euro 2004, when they needed the 2-2 score to both qualify and knock out italy. I thought it was alllll over but when the ball bounced off the post, it was like we were given a lifeline.

We're lucky not to lose the first leg, now it is up to us not to concede an away goal. We play infront of our fans against a not-so experienced team. We have to seize this opportunity.. Things have not been looking so good in Serie A and the way the team is playing you would think we are battling for relegation.. our team is a team just made to play one game every month (our depth does not allow us to compete consistently in the league), let's hope that this is the game they play good in, because we are long due a good game.. the last one was against Napoli!

Let's not think ahead of Arsenal just yet and focus on the task ahead. Our #1 objective for this game must be not to concede a goal..imagine we conceded a goal at the 70th minute, omg hell would break loose. Let us get an early goal, that will force Arsenal to attack and boooooy you all know how Kaka/Pato/Seedorf/Pirlo like to move the ball in those spaces, especially at the Lions den, the San Siro ;)

Can't wait for this one..I'm going to be having ~20 ppl at my place watchin the game! I have to admit - I dont feel as confident as I did when the draw was made, but thats good, don't we just love it when our backs are against the ropes? - Forza Milan ;)

Mr. Anonymous
28-02-2008, 23:48
If we lose this game to Arsenal and don't finish fourth.

Guaranteed we get a boat load of cash for new players.

Management is very reactive and not too proactive.

I saw we win and get get a 1 player of significance in the summer.

Move boy:5horse:buy players.

jmacpherson
29-02-2008, 09:39
Unfortunately Milan's busy schedule this season and lack of depth is catching up with us. We should have planned better for this.

Even though its a home match, based on fitness and stamina, this match might be harder than the one in the Emirates.

Arsenal have the fitness and squad depth to run at Milan all night.

I really hope Kaka and Pirlo are fit for the game and able to play like we all know they can play. If the two of them weave their magic, miracles happen.

4 days to go

drucurl
29-02-2008, 09:48
We have to hit Lazio hard and fast, take off our starters and park the Bus it's the only way

e-Milan
29-02-2008, 10:27
We have to hit Lazio hard and fast, take off our starters and park the Bus it's the only way


you mean, we can play 45 minutes only Dru ? :uhm:

Jim_UK
29-02-2008, 13:52
I'm very disappointed that ITV are chosing to show Man Utd v Lyon instead of Milan v Arsenal, so all i'll be left with are about 10 minutes of highlights on the CL round up show.

jcastagn
29-02-2008, 14:06
I control ESPN2!!

They were orginally going to show the Barca v Celtic game and after a well written email to them they are now showing the Milan game! Anyone else need anything?

On the serious side, i'm very nervous about this game. We haven't looked right in a while now. Hopefully Seedorf and find his legs and Kaka returns with no ill effects from his knee. It will be a tough, close game.

Forza Milan!!!

Ghost
29-02-2008, 14:42
I'm very disappointed that ITV are chosing to show Man Utd v Lyon instead of Milan v Arsenal, so all i'll be left with are about 10 minutes of highlights on the CL round up show.

It is a bloody joke, Milan and Arsenal is no doubt the 'tie of the round' and any fan of football could tell us that.

I would be fuming, but then again I wont be watching the game on telly.

ITV have always loved United so nothing new.

Jeff
29-02-2008, 15:22
This is the called-up player against Lazio:

GOALKEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Offredi;
DEFENDERS: Bonera, Darmian (n.36), Digao, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Oddo;
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Caraglia (n.39), Emerson, Gattuso, Gianola (n.35), Gourcuff, Seedorf;
STRIKERS: Aubameyang (n.94), Gilardino, Inzaghi, Pato, Paloschi.

So, any guess what our team will look like against Arsenal?

It looks like Milan is going for broke on Tuesday now; it's either do it or die, and they don't want an unfit Nesta, Pirlo, or Kaka` against Arsenal.

What a great match going to be!

Siregar
29-02-2008, 15:51
Edited. 'Wrong place' lol

_Ace
29-02-2008, 17:02
yea Jeff, i'm surprised Ambro is called-up, and also Seedorf :P

its gonna be one hell of a match...

jcastagn
01-03-2008, 10:59
I hope Carlo is watching the arsenal v villa game. A-bong-la-whore is finding a bunch of space in between the CBs and FBs and running them ragged. Great own goal by arsenal as well.

Jeff
01-03-2008, 11:27
If only Arsenal is going to play like the way they do against Villa, jcastagn, I doubt if you'll see these kinds of spaces at all.

I hope Arsenal won't lose; losing will only give them more motivation...

Jeff
01-03-2008, 11:56
So Arsenal scored at the end; 1-1. Good fighting spirit by the Gunners, but I bet half of their players have their heart on CL.

I don't expect this kind of poor performance from Arsenal on Tuesday.

Ghost
01-03-2008, 16:11
The team morale is down, like Wenger said the Eduardo injury is still fresh in the mind.

This week will make or break Arsenal's season, a loss to Milan and Wigan will no doubt end the season. I always knew Arsenal were not strong enough, a few more signings in the summer should change that.

Persie will not play in midweek, but fingers crossed Rosicky should be able to make it.

Jeff
01-03-2008, 16:30
No; losing to Milan and Wigan won't end the season. Still wayt to early. Milan caught up with Lazio with 8 games left (was 8 points behind) to win the Serie A a few couple of years ago.

luckily Milan also drew today, so it's all squared :).

outlaw_member
01-03-2008, 19:04
Jeff, it looks like both teams are going into the penultimate game of the tie, after a poor run of recent results. Rosicky is out for Arsenal, Seedorf is out for Milan. Nesta is struggling to be fit for Milan, Toure is struggling to be fit for Arsenal. Looks about even to me, it's going to be a close one.

Rando
01-03-2008, 19:47
question: milan and inter play their second leg of UCL at home against arsenal and liverpool. how did uefa decide which team plays at san siro on the normal 4/5 march and the other team plays one week later?

mrki
01-03-2008, 20:44
Seedorf is out of the game... Most likely Pato will play as a winger like he did today, or maybe even Yoan...hahaha, kidding, we all know Yoan will not play! :)

MArek and Emerson also got injured, I hope we can patch the starting lineup for tuseday, score 2 early goals and then - we defend! :)

Mystik
01-03-2008, 20:54
Why would Pato need to play winger ? He could play SS to Pippo as he is supposed to.

Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka; Pato, Pippo

FTW!

ironhustla
02-03-2008, 04:55
Why would Pato need to play winger ? He could play SS to Pippo as he is supposed to.

Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka; Pato, Pippo

FTW!

If Seedorf doesnt get over his injury this would be my exact lineup. 4-3-1-2.

The only other move I would consider is if we go with just the 1 striker then maybe bring in Gourcuff.

Ghost
02-03-2008, 05:36
No; losing to Milan and Wigan won't end the season. Still wayt to early. Milan caught up with Lazio with 8 games left (was 8 points behind) to win the Serie A a few couple of years ago.

luckily Milan also drew today, so it's all squared :).

I think it would, if Arsenal lost to Milan then Europe is over and all that is left is the domestic league. IF Arsenal lost to wigan then United would most likely be 2 points above. Plus looking at the games left at Stamford Bridge, OT etc I can only see United getting the results they want.

Injuries to Eduardo, Persie have hit Arsenal hard, 1st & 3rd choice strikers out and in come the 4th and 5th strikers. The only real threat we have left is Adebayor - a guy who is too inconsistent.

I remember how Milan caught up with Lazio that season but from what I can recall Milan had a pretty full strength squad didn't they?

Nice to hear Wenger say they won't kick Kaka and come to play the beautiful football - it's what the game is all about. Can't wait!

outlaw_member
02-03-2008, 08:26
question: milan and inter play their second leg of UCL at home against arsenal and liverpool. how did uefa decide which team plays at san siro on the normal 4/5 march and the other team plays one week later?


It's easy Rando, make the crap teams play the week later.

Giovanni
02-03-2008, 08:46
Seedorf injury can be a bless in disguise. If fit, Seedorf would have preserved one of the two strikers from playing. Otherwise Carlo will be forced to play two strikers, because he can't leave out Pato, one of the few players in sparkling form, and neither can do with Pippo, who is the killer of CL nights.

mrki
02-03-2008, 09:39
for Arsenal fans, so you know right now, this is our lineup for tuseday:

----------kalac---------
-oddo-nesta-kaladze-maldini-
---------pirlo-------
--gattuso---ambrosini---
------kaka'--
--------------pato-----
-----inzaghi----

subs: Bonera, Jankulovski, Brocchi, Gilardino, Gourcuff, Cafu, Emerson
likely to be used: Bonera, Jankulovski, Emerson
-------------------------------------------------------

Pato will play as a left winger alongside Kaka' who will play deeper than usual, making himself central midfielder while Pato will play okd Kaka' CL role. Basically Pato will take KAka's position and KAka' Seedorf's. OK by my standards if Pato plays like he did in the last 2 games, and I dont see why he couldnt.

FORZA RAGAZZI! In San Siro we need to play at 120% and that is all I ask for. If we go out we need to shake hands with Wenger. But we need to fight!

_Ace
02-03-2008, 10:38
Mrki, you dont even know the called-up players :|

Ghost
02-03-2008, 10:43
Reports in England suggest Kaka is out - any news on that?

Mystik
02-03-2008, 10:46
for Arsenal fans, so you know right now, this is our lineup for tuseday:

----------kalac---------
-oddo-nesta-kaladze-maldini-
---------pirlo-------
--gattuso---ambrosini---
------kaka'--
--------------pato-----
-----inzaghi----

subs: Bonera, Jankulovski, Brocchi, Gilardino, Gourcuff, Cafu, Emerson
likely to be used: Bonera, Jankulovski, Emerson
-------------------------------------------------------

Pato will play as a left winger alongside Kaka' who will play deeper than usual, making himself central midfielder while Pato will play okd Kaka' CL role. Basically Pato will take KAka's position and KAka' Seedorf's. OK by my standards if Pato plays like he did in the last 2 games, and I dont see why he couldnt.

FORZA RAGAZZI! In San Siro we need to play at 120% and that is all I ask for. If we go out we need to shake hands with Wenger. But we need to fight!
Janku's problem from the Lazio game will keep him out of the CL clash against Arsenal. Check acmilan.com for details, they're trying to recover him for Empoli.

EDIT: Also I don't think Pato should stick to the left wing, he should mix it up so that the defenders don't get used to him and Wenger doesn't devise tactics to shut him down. Maybe do one move on the right, one on the left, another thru the middle etc. This match will be great especially with the form Pato is in. This injury to Seedorf is a blessing in disguise indeed.

Ghost
02-03-2008, 11:29
How can Seedorf being out be a blessing in disguise?

IMHO Seedorf in Europe is just as clinical as Kaka, I actually think Seedorf was MOM against United last year at the SS.

_Ace
02-03-2008, 12:12
Blessing in disguise for Arsenal ? :rolleyes:

Giovanni
02-03-2008, 12:19
Carlo on Tuesday would have chosen 6 players among:

- Gattuso
- Pirlo
- Ambrosini
- Seedorf

-Kakà
-Pato
-Inzaghi

Seedorf is an undroppable player. He's in poor form lately. This means he would have left out one between Pato or Inzaghi, who can be both lethal on such an important night.

pece4ever
02-03-2008, 12:56
main problem for this game is not playing Seedorf, like i said 3 days ago Carlo doesn't know how to play without Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo. If any of this three players not play, Carlo tactics are useless.
I will pray, becouse i love MILAN, but till we have Carlo we will going down and i know that we will have tough game and that Arsenal chances are bigger than our, thay will have van persie and we will be without Seedrof.
i don't know what to say.
before lazio game i said that without Kaka and Pirlo against Lazio, i will be happy with a draw and we play 1 - 1. this game i will be happy if we not lose like we lost at la coruna 4 or 5 years ago

Giovanni
02-03-2008, 13:57
Today a contingent from Curva Sud went to Milanello and supported the team to give them a boast of enthusiasm.

mrki
02-03-2008, 14:20
Janku's problem from the Lazio game will keep him out of the CL clash against Arsenal. Check acmilan.com for details, they're trying to recover him for Empoli.

EDIT: Also I don't think Pato should stick to the left wing, he should mix it up so that the defenders don't get used to him and Wenger doesn't devise tactics to shut him down. Maybe do one move on the right, one on the left, another thru the middle etc. This match will be great especially with the form Pato is in. This injury to Seedorf is a blessing in disguise indeed.

Yes, now I see Marek is out. Pato will not be a left winger through the season, but just when its necessary like it was yesterday. Against Arsenal he will play AM alongside Kaka', but I think he will be used on the left becouse of his extremly powerfull shot.

We dont look good at all. This time im not so confident as i were after the London game. And I prey Carelo will play Kaladze as a LB and Paolo as a CD, but it will not happen...

Jeff
02-03-2008, 14:54
main problem for this game is not playing Seedorf, like i said 3 days ago Carlo doesn't know how to play without Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo. If any of this three players not play, Carlo tactics are useless.
I will pray, becouse i love MILAN, but till we have Carlo we will going down and i know that we will have tough game and that Arsenal chances are bigger than our, thay will have van persie and we will be without Seedrof.
i don't know what to say.
before lazio game i said that without Kaka and Pirlo against Lazio, i will be happy with a draw and we play 1 - 1. this game i will be happy if we not lose like we lost at la coruna 4 or 5 years ago
I will pray, becouse i love MILAN, but till we have Carlo we will going down

So easy to be a critic, so difficult to be a true Master.
- J

Ghost
02-03-2008, 15:01
So easy to be a critic, so difficult to be a true Master.
- J

Excellent post Jeff :pp20:

Warro Bantan
02-03-2008, 16:28
Seedorf's injury will put a lot of pressure on Kaka, unless Pirlo plays more advanced (which vs Arsenal might b a good thing) with Emerson in Pirlo's usual position...

:dontkn:

Diavolo
02-03-2008, 16:37
If the situation wasn't bad enough already, over the weekend from worried my emotions have switched to alarmed

Facts are that Ancelotti won't be able to evaluate the best possible team to field vs The Gunners. No sir, the only possible lineup is the following:

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambro
Kaka
Pippo-Pato

In would be futile on my behalf to remind us all that but for Ambro and Oddo, all the remaining 9 players have yet to fully recover from recent injuries. I just hope than all of the survivors will be able to make to Tuesday without suffering even the tiniest of setbacks If it was up to me they would be confined to quarters in Milanello

The other alarming situation is our current energy level. Most of you are certainly aware that since the 12th January, this will be our 15th game, an almost frightening figure in such short time; even more so if compared to the 12 Arsenal will have played. Should we also add that the Londoners average team age is 25 whilst ours is well above 30, we can unfortunately presume we won't have enough gas to play at full force for the entire 90/120 minutes.

Obviously the above mentioned factors have shaped
our psychological drive to the worse. If the indeed harsh draw wasn't enough, till that not long ago, to a certain extent, our options also included Ronaldo and till yesterday Seedorf. With Kaka, Nesta and Pirlo still not 100% certain of playing, and anyways should they achieve the miracle of responding to the call, they would necessarily need pain killers, confidence will be at a record low. In this regard, Seedorf's absence will be a huge blow, his experience will be greatly missed, both on aswell as off the ball. He's won the thing 4 times, he knows what it's all about.

We're older, lately we've played more games than young Arsenal, the recent tight schedule has prevented proper training sessions over the last couple of months, we're tired, hardly any confidence left and 90% of our players will start the game still recovering from injuries. All this will certainly leave Ancelotti sleepless till Tuesday, and will certainly affect his decisions.
Regardless of Arsenal's own gameplan, that BTW needless to even mention is a superb team, I believe Ancelotti will suffer from headaches in figuring out how to approach this game.
Should we attack from minute 1?
Should we play conservative?
...or else?

What we know for a fact, is that Arsenal are much younger and are far more rested, something that clearly plays to their advantage. Plus they can play for 2 results, since a draw with goals would qualify them.

Possibly the only asset we have is the stadium itself. I was at The Emirates 2 weeks ago and: San Siro is simply San Siro period

Forza Vecchio Cuore Rossonero :3band:

Giovanni
02-03-2008, 16:51
Ciao Luciano!
How are you mate ? Do you know any plans for the coreos on Tuesday ? i will attend the game, but found tickets in second green tier.
What are the restrictions with the UEFA rules? Last year we got flags or plastics...

You should post more on MM..

Giovanni
02-03-2008, 17:01
If the situation wasn't bad enough already, over the weekend from worried my emotions have switched to alarmed

Facts are that Ancelotti won't be able to evaluate the best possible team to field vs The Gunners. No sir, the only possible lineup is the following:

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambro
Kaka
Pippo-Pato

In would be futile on my behalf to remind us all that but for Ambro and Oddo, all the remaining 9 players have yet to fully recover from recent injuries. I just hope than all of the survivors will be able to make to Tuesday without suffering even the tiniest of setbacks If it was up to me they would be confined to quarters in Milanello

The other alarming situation is our current energy level. Most of you are certainly aware that since the 12th January, this will be our 15th game, an almost frightening figure in such short time; even more so if compared to the 12 Arsenal will have played. Should we also add that the Londoners average team age is 25 whilst ours is well above 30, we can unfortunately presume we won't have enough gas to play at full force for the entire 90/120 minutes.

Obviously the above mentioned factors have shaped
our psychological drive to the worse. If the indeed harsh draw wasn't enough, till that not long ago, to a certain extent, our options also included Ronaldo and till yesterday Seedorf. With Kaka, Nesta and Pirlo still not 100% certain of playing, and anyways should they achieve the miracle of responding to the call, they would necessarily need pain killers, confidence will be at a record low. In this regard, Seedorf's absence will be a huge blow, his experience will be greatly missed, both on aswell as off the ball. He's won the thing 4 times, he knows what it's all about.

We're older, lately we've played more games than young Arsenal, the recent tight schedule has prevented proper training sessions over the last couple of months, we're tired, hardly any confidence left and 90% of our players will start the game still recovering from injuries. All this will certainly leave Ancelotti sleepless till Tuesday, and will certainly affect his decisions.
Regardless of Arsenal's own gameplan, that BTW needless to even mention is a superb team, I believe Ancelotti will suffer from headaches in figuring out how to approach this game.
Should we attack from minute 1?
Should we play conservative?
...or else?

What we know for a fact, is that Arsenal are much younger and are far more rested, something that clearly plays to their advantage. Plus they can play for 2 results, since a draw with goals would qualify them.

Possibly the only asset we have is the stadium itself. I was at The Emirates 2 weeks ago and: San Siro is simply San Siro period

Forza Vecchio Cuore Rossonero :3band:

I think we should be intimidating since the first minute. Their players will be a bit intimidated, for sure. More experienced players have suffered the "miedo escenico" of La Scala del Calcio.

I think not all the players are recovering from injuries. Pirlo was simply rested, and i think we can see him in sparkling form on Tuesday, after 1 week of rest. Kakà, despite the mind games, has just taken the chance to take some rest as well. Pato is eager to impress at European level, and few defenders know him and his style yet. Inzaghi is preparing this game since the winter break, and we know he rarely disappoints. Maldini will put another historical performance, showing these Arsenal guys what an all time history maker can do even if 15 years older.

I can see plenty of positives, and we know that, in last but not least, San Siro will be unbearable on Tuesday. You were there against United as i was, and we all remember the United players were hit by an hammer arising from the rows and taking the pitch by storm.

Diavolo
02-03-2008, 17:03
Ciao Luciano!
How are you mate ? Do you know any plans for the coreos on Tuesday ? i will attend the game, but found tickets in second green tier.
What are the restrictions with the UEFA rules? Last year we got flags or plastics...

You should post more on MM..

Ciao Gio!
I forgot to ask about coreos yesterday.

I'll be catching up with 3 Xt'ers, if you can, after the match we could go for a Pizza, otherwise some other time. :)

Anyway, it's going to be tough Tuesday and:
Forza Pool too ;)

Diavolo
02-03-2008, 17:09
I think we should be intimidating since the first minute. Their players will be a bit intimidated, for sure. More experienced players have suffered the "miedo escenico" of La Scala del Calcio.

I think not all the players are recovering from injuries. Pirlo was simply rested, and i think we can see him in sparkling form on Tuesday, after 1 week of rest. Kakà, despite the mind games, has just taken the chance to take some rest as well. Pato is eager to impress at European level, and few defenders know him and his style yet. Inzaghi is preparing this game since the winter break, and we know he rarely disappoints. Maldini will put another historical performance, showing these Arsenal guys what an all time history maker can do even if 15 years older.

I can see plenty of positives, and we know that, in last but not least, San Siro will be unbearable on Tuesday. You were there against United as i was, and we all remember the United players were hit by an hammer arising from the rows and taking the pitch by storm.

Both United players and fans were intimidated by San Siro, that is true.

The Emirates may be a neat and fancy joint, but good ol' San Siro is really something else.

According to the info I heard, both Pirlo and Kaka ain't fully fit, nevertheless let's hope they will at least be in decent form.

May San Siro rock :3band:

P.S. And, yes, this could be San Paolo's last European night ever :moan:

Giovanni
02-03-2008, 17:19
Ciao Gio!
I forgot to ask about coreos yesterday.

I'll be catching up with 3 Xt'ers, if you can, after the match we could go for a Pizza, otherwise some other time. :)

Anyway, it's going to be tough Tuesday and:
Forza Pool too ;)

i sent you a pm

GeoTav
02-03-2008, 17:24
Diavolo, are you sure that Ancelotti will "risk" the 4-3-1-2 ??
He could also put a 4-3-2-1 with Kaka-Gourcuff ... or perhaps the injury of Seedorf is simply bluff ??

2 days to wait !!

Diavolo
02-03-2008, 17:30
Diavolo, are you sure that Ancelotti will "risk" the 4-3-1-2 ??
He could also put a 4-3-2-1 with Kaka-Gourcuff ... or perhaps the injury of Seedorf is simply bluff ??

2 days to wait !!

Everything suggests so.
We shall see

Forza Milan :devil:

outlaw_member
02-03-2008, 19:13
main problem for this game is not playing Seedorf, like i said 3 days ago Carlo doesn't know how to play without Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo. If any of this three players not play, Carlo tactics are useless.
I will pray, becouse i love MILAN, but till we have Carlo we will going down and i know that we will have tough game and that Arsenal chances are bigger than our, thay will have van persie and we will be without Seedrof.
i don't know what to say.
before lazio game i said that without Kaka and Pirlo against Lazio, i will be happy with a draw and we play 1 - 1. this game i will be happy if we not lose like we lost at la coruna 4 or 5 years ago


I don't think we have bigger chances, just because Seedorf is out and RVP is back. First of all RVP might not even make the squad, if he did than he would definitely be a sub. You have lost an important midfielder in Seedorf, we have lost an important midfielder in Rosicky. We have our best defender struggling to be fit, Toure. You have your best defender struggling, Nesta. Your best player is also struggling to be fit, Kaka, our best player might not even make the squad, RVP. One of our strikers is out for 9 months, Edu, so is yours, Ronaldo. We have come of the back of poor results, the same way you have. Our squad may have played less games than you since Jan, but than we never had a winter break, like you guys. If there ever was a more tighter tie in football, I would like to see it.

outlaw_member
02-03-2008, 19:24
Typical words of Wenger, in regards to how to handle Kaka. Words of a true football man.

The Arsenal boss said: "In Italy, what do the teams do who play against Milan? They take Kaka, get him out of the game. We will play zonal and will not mark him man to man. We will be faithful to what we do usually. We will try to get him out of the game by cutting the connections with him. If you kick the great players out of the game, why should people go to watch football? Great players make football a bit special, they make it art. If you are there to kill them, it is not acceptable."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3225220,00.html

hitmannq8
02-03-2008, 19:51
the night in the San Siro against Manchester was wonderful..but I remember that Gattuso had written an open letter for the fans telling them to support them the entire game and that's what they needed and thats exactly what they got.. I hope the San Siro will be charged up for this, because I think we have a slight advantage by playing at the beautiful San Siro.

I dont know why all of you are sayin Seedorf being injured is a blessing in disguise, because he is one of the main ingredients in this Milan side and I cannot remember a 'big game' where he didn't play. Seedorf would do alot more damage than Pato even though I am very excited to see Pato play.

I still think Carlo will go for the 4-4-1-1, he'll prolly play Rino-Emerson-Pirlo-Max in the middle and Pippo up front.

Mystik
02-03-2008, 21:02
I don't see why we'd have to replace Seedorf with a DM. It's not like he used to do much defending anyway, he was playing Kaka's old CAM role with Kaka playing the Sheva 2nd striker type of thing. Now Kaka will shift back to his favourite CAM with Pato playing the Sheva role. I'm definitely not too upset with that. Kaka is 1000x more effective with two strikers infront of him, don't let the CL games from last year fool you. Having Pato to share the attack work will definitely benefit him as well. Especially on fast breaks, Pato + Kaka = win.

Also replacing Seedorf with Emerson is just asking us to lose the midfield. How are we gonna keep possession with only Pirlo being able to pass a ball more than 2 yards ? With constant pressure, that midfield would get run over and we wouldn't be able to create anything.

hitmannq8
02-03-2008, 21:44
I dont know Mystik, I think Kaka is better behind one striker.. He didnt become the CL's top scorer by chance nor did he win all those awards last year by chance, it was because he was outstanding in that spot. But yeah, I'm all for Pato-Pippo-Kaka..

mrki
03-03-2008, 04:56
Emerson will not be fit for the match enough to start it. And, in my oppinion, we need to play Pato and KAka' behind Inzaghi, and not 3 DM's.

It would be great just to have Clarence on the bench if not to play him. In big games Seedorf has always played like a true world class player. But who is out is out!

Our strenght has always been defence and we need to play it well again. Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini need to play like they did in London, with Maldini swithcing toi Cb and Kala to LB later on! And Im sure Rino-Pirlo-Ambro will play better then they did in Emirates simply becouse of the Curva and San Siro itself.

The questio is how will our trio upfront play? Inzaghi, I have no doubts about him, he is unique player. KAka', if he is not too injured, he will also play well at least in flashes, aldough I expect a deeper role for ricky.

Pato - pleeeease Ducky play like you did against Lazio and Catania and it will be ok. This boy is special, it would be great to see him shine on CL night at San Siro.

SAN SIRO - im not sure English fans understand the San Siro factor well. Emirates is a nice and fancy stadiun as Diavolo said, but this is something different.

I still remember the coreo against Barca:

INSIEME CON IL DIAVOLO IN CORPO!!!

this one was also great, look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5XU0e5Z-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqFF179mHF0 , I was at this one! Ole,ole,ole,ole...Inteeeeer merdaaaa! :sagrin:

Nalx
03-03-2008, 04:58
Last fortnight goal.com said that considering Arsenal is a very attacking team, Carletto would use 2 strikers from the start. Instead he played Pato as a lone striker. Much as I love the 4-3-1-2 I believe he will use the same scheme at SS.

Peachtot
03-03-2008, 05:24
and who will play seedorf (if unavailable) role in that scheme ?

_Ace
03-03-2008, 06:40
if a 4-3-1-2 it will be something like :

kalac
oddo nesta* Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo* Ambro
Kaka*
Pippo Pato

*IF Fit...

and 4-3-2-1

Kalac
Oddo Nesta* Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo* Ambro
Kaka* Gourcuff
Pato

*IF Fit.

mrki
03-03-2008, 06:59
Shut up ! everyone's fit and will play at their best! dont make me nervous man :) :) :)

kidding... Im sure Milanello did its best to prepare KAka', Pirlo and Nesta for this one. Pippo will also be fresh and so will Paolo and Pato who is a young guy.

Peachtot
03-03-2008, 07:36
so seedorf positively will be out this tuesday night according to both of you Ace & mrki ?

if such like that, probably carletto will play with 4-3-1-2 as pato & pippo partnership upfront, IMO

_Ace
03-03-2008, 08:09
yea he is, most likely...

Janku is 100% out of Tuesday's match, so is Emerson.
Pato will play tomorrow, his injury wasn't bad at all...

inomilan
03-03-2008, 08:10
i've never been dis nervous b4 a Milan game for years.... i really do hope dis is another magical night in d San Siro, and i hav a feeling dis will be a night for a duck to shine....

FORZA MILAN!!!

ACMILAN1983
03-03-2008, 10:04
So finally comes the big one. I stayed up in India to watch the first leg (fell asleep at 4am and had to wake up at 6am). Personally, I don’t see why we can’t win this, despite the current situation, which quite simply is less than grand. We have the quality, the experience and the ability to produce magic.

Tactically, I think Carlo’s system is all set now, and I think he knows that very well (in fact, I think he decided straight after the first leg how to play this match). Any doubts about the first team have been cleared, with Nesta, Pirlo and Kaka all available and though Seedorf is injured (or so it seems), this makes room for Pato, who put simply has by far been our best player of late.

Speaking of Pato, I don’t think he’ll be used in his normal attacking role, but rather will be asked to drop a little deeper (and push wide, which he does naturally anyway) and support Kaka (helping out in pressing on Cesc and Flamini). Though not his most natural position, his quality should be enough for him to adapt. I’m genuinely excited about seeing him out on the field, and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s the star of the show tomorrow.

In attack, Pippo is the obvious choice. Not just well rested, his key purpose in the squad is to play games like these. His experience and strike rate in CL is a necessity, especially as Gila’s form is awful.

The midfield is the usual combination of Rino, Ambro and Pirlo. Rino and Ambro have to impose themselves in this match, and in fact, could be the key to victory. I suspect like the first leg Arsenal will press Pirlo very hard, but should the other two dominate and press the Arsenal midfield, then we know what the results are like. Rino’s attitude to me will be a massive factor in this match. Clearly the side are currently down mentally, but if he can lead like he did against Utd last season, where he drove the side forward, then we will have a massive boost.

Defence is self explanatory. Nesta and Kala are a good solid partnership and Maldini is another solid option out left (where Kala can play if necessary), even if going forward he doesn’t have the legs he used to. Oddo is the major determining factor, as he’s been poor this season. Defensively he has to be solid, that is key, but if he can offer a threat going forward, then we will have a fantastic weapon at our disposal. Kalac has to play in goal too, but right now he’s on fire, and exhumes confidence so it’s not a problem.

I think the team need to set out to press the Arsenal midfield. Cut supply to the man up front (at least Adebayor) and dominate the creative talents (Hleb, Cesc, RVP if he plays etc). We all know that dominating the midfield will win matches, and I believe it’s important in this match as any.

We have to threaten wide areas tomorrow. Arsenal has a strong and imposing central defence and midfield, but when they push forward they can leave spaces in the wide areas, which we must look to take advantage of. This is a worrying factor considering our inability to threaten from wide areas this season. Therefore, Pato and Kaka will also have to share duties push wide every so often, as the midfield and fullbacks certainly cannot do it alone.

There is no reason to fear this match, we are Milan! There is no reason to doubt the side, we are Milan! There is no reason we can’t progress, because we’re the European Champions, we’re the World Champions and WE ARE MILAN!!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

outlaw_member
03-03-2008, 10:19
This is an article I wrote on an Arsenal forum.
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36211

Here it is anyway.

The Arsenal squad will be preparing for arguably their most important game, so far this season. San Siro, which is the venue for the 2nd leg, is one of the most intimidating stadiums in Western Europe. Displaying some of the best choreography, that you could witness anywhere in the World. The tifosi are not only loud but a colourful bunch, like we witnessed at the Emirates. The Milanistas, pride themselves on their immense support to guide them through the Champions League campaign, similar to how Liverpool do with Anfield. A huge support can prove to be decisive in a tight game, and this tie, is as tight as it gets.

Clarence Seedorf picked up a hamstring injury, in Milan's recent league game, making him a major doubt for Tuesday. The Dutchman is an important component of Ancelotti’s midfield, which is vital in maintaining the tempo and counter-attacking tactic that Milan deploy. He was instrumental in the 3-0 destruction of United at the Semi-final stage, last season and losing him will definitely affect the Rossoneri. On the Arsenal front, Tomas Rosicky has been ruled out of the CL tie. The Czech playmaker was supposed to be back for the Blackburn game, several weeks ago, but is still yet to return. His injury problems seemed to be a thing of the past, when he managed to stay fit for a couple of months, only for it to return. The two club’s best defenders, Touré and Nesta, picked up injuries in the 1st leg at the Emirates. The Italian was past fit earlier today, whereas Kolo Touré will not be traveling with the Arsenal squad. Long term injuries to Ronaldo and Eduardo, has ruled them out of tie, the duo are out for 9 months. World Player of the year, Kaka and Andrea Pirlo have both been declared fit by Milan Lab coordinator Jean Meersseman, after taking part in training today. There’s also good news for Arsenal, as Robin Van Persie will be landing in Milan with the squad. The Dutchman has been making steady progress and his long awaited arrival is a boost for the Gunners.

On the weekend Arsenal continued their poor run of form, after just drawing against Aston Villa. A late strike by Bendtner ensured Arsenal stayed on top of the Premier League. Without a win in 4 games, Arsenal’s bad patch could not have come at a worse time. The United defeat two weeks ago, has affected the teams momentum, more than others had anticipated. AC Milan maintained their inconsistent form as they drew 1-1 with Lazio. With 5 draws in there last 6, the Italians will put there focus on winning the CL, as they struggle to capture 4th spot in Serie A.

With only a day left, all focus will be on how Arsenal can overcome the Italians. Will the players be able to repeat the same ferocious pace, they showed at the Emirates or will they crumble under the crowd, like Man Utd did last season. Milan could not possibly play as bad as they did in England. Their attacking players were non-existent and had to thank Arsenal’s profligacy in front of goal, and superb defending by their defenders to hold on for the draw. With an 80,000 crowd behind them, there will certainly be a big improvement from the Milan players. Can Arsenal do it? There’s only one way to find out. Bring on Tuesday.

_Ace
03-03-2008, 10:45
nice article..

Ghost
03-03-2008, 13:05
Whoa 12 hours time tomorrow (god willing) I shall be on a place to Milan.

A day I won't ever want to forget.

Just for an interesting read:

http://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/competitions/ucl/2008/e/e_301896_pk.pdf

Enjoy

Diavolo
03-03-2008, 13:33
This is an article I wrote on an Arsenal forum.
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36211

Here it is anyway.

The Arsenal squad will be preparing for arguably their most important game, so far this season. San Siro, which is the venue for the 2nd leg, is one of the most intimidating stadiums in Western Europe. Displaying some of the best choreography, that you could witness anywhere in the World. The tifosi are not only loud but a colourful bunch, like we witnessed at the Emirates. The Milanistas, pride themselves on their immense support to guide them through the Champions League campaign, similar to how Liverpool do with Anfield. A huge support can prove to be decisive in a tight game, and this tie, is as tight as it gets.

Clarence Seedorf picked up a hamstring injury, in Milan's recent league game, making him a major doubt for Tuesday. The Dutchman is an important component of Ancelotti’s midfield, which is vital in maintaining the tempo and counter-attacking tactic that Milan deploy. He was instrumental in the 3-0 destruction of United at the Semi-final stage, last season and losing him will definitely affect the Rossoneri. On the Arsenal front, Tomas Rosicky has been ruled out of the CL tie. The Czech playmaker was supposed to be back for the Blackburn game, several weeks ago, but is still yet to return. His injury problems seemed to be a thing of the past, when he managed to stay fit for a couple of months, only for it to return. The two club’s best defenders, Touré and Nesta, picked up injuries in the 1st leg at the Emirates. The Italian was past fit earlier today, whereas Kolo Touré will not be traveling with the Arsenal squad. Long term injuries to Ronaldo and Eduardo, has ruled them out of tie, the duo are out for 9 months. World Player of the year, Kaka and Andrea Pirlo have both been declared fit by Milan Lab coordinator Jean Meersseman, after taking part in training today. There’s also good news for Arsenal, as Robin Van Persie will be landing in Milan with the squad. The Dutchman has been making steady progress and his long awaited arrival is a boost for the Gunners.

On the weekend Arsenal continued their poor run of form, after just drawing against Aston Villa. A late strike by Bendtner ensured Arsenal stayed on top of the Premier League. Without a win in 4 games, Arsenal’s bad patch could not have come at a worse time. The United defeat two weeks ago, has affected the teams momentum, more than others had anticipated. AC Milan maintained their inconsistent form as they drew 1-1 with Lazio. With 5 draws in there last 6, the Italians will put there focus on winning the CL, as they struggle to capture 4th spot in Serie A.

With only a day left, all focus will be on how Arsenal can overcome the Italians. Will the players be able to repeat the same ferocious pace, they showed at the Emirates or will they crumble under the crowd, like Man Utd did last season. Milan could not possibly play as bad as they did in England. Their attacking players were non-existent and had to thank Arsenal’s profligacy in front of goal, and superb defending by their defenders to hold on for the draw. With an 80,000 crowd behind them, there will certainly be a big improvement from the Milan players. Can Arsenal do it? There’s only one way to find out. Bring on Tuesday.

Nice post.
Pity us Milanisti ain't allowed to post in your forum due to tight regulations.

P.S. And yes, San Siro is San Siro :devil:

outlaw_member
03-03-2008, 14:46
Nice post.
Pity us Milanisti ain't allowed to post in your forum due to tight regulations.

P.S. And yes, San Siro is San Siro :devil:

As a new member, you can only post in 'The Lobby'. There are several Milan fan's who have joined and discussed with Gooners. To be able to post in 'Arsenal Talk' you have to get promoted. You can discuss with fellow Gooners in 'The Lobby' if you wished.

Warro Bantan
03-03-2008, 16:08
nice post outlaw...well written.

Now on to the game:

I am so nervous, I dont even know why/how I am here typing these words...but I have read enough, heard enough, argued enough, and now its all down to tomorrow nights 90 minutes..and I do hope the match is decided over 90 minutes...as the suspense of overtime may very well give me a heart attack!

The inspirational overview by Dev was enough to give me the courage, and rekindle my faith to be able to type this post...and indeed, I think we can do it tomorrow.

I will say this though, that if Arsenal do beat us, they will be "my team" for the rest of the tournament...as they embody all the positives of football in today´s world:

Youth, excellent scouting system, attack-minded coach, who has faith in his young talents....

That being said, I hope my team will give their all, and that experience will prevail over youth, and further, that Gorky gets to play in the Dutchman´s stead...though I think Carlo will opt for Pato and Pippo up front, leaving Kaka as tequartista, with DMs being Rino and Max, with Pirlo as the deep lying playmaestro.

Key matchups will be:

Nesta vs Abedayor/Van Persie
Senderos/Gallas vs Pato/Kaka...

Cant wait!

Jim_UK
03-03-2008, 16:37
I would not be surprised if Van Persie scores ... it's the unwritten rule for players returning from injury, they always end up scoring :yuck:

jtelly
03-03-2008, 17:35
My first thoughts exactly, Jim. I'm nervous about that-but wait, Kaka' was hurt too so... :)

hitmannq8
03-03-2008, 18:06
Surprise surprise

Seedorf is IN the squad to face Arsenal. I just knew that Carlo would never play 4-3-1-2 in a game like this, and to tell u the truth I feel more confident with Seedorf.

Jeff
03-03-2008, 19:20
In the squad just for possibility but I doubt if he'll start...?

forward
03-03-2008, 19:53
I would not be surprised if Van Persie scores ... it's the unwritten rule for players returning from injury, they always end up scoring :yuck:
then we have nothing to worry about, it's going to be 5:1 for milan
with Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka each contributing.... and Pato will score just cuz he is cool like that :)

Diavolo
03-03-2008, 20:25
Surprise surprise

Seedorf is IN the squad to face Arsenal. I just knew that Carlo would never play 4-3-1-2 in a game like this, and to tell u the truth I feel more confident with Seedorf.

At best he'll make it to the bench.

Diavolo
03-03-2008, 20:26
As a new member, you can only post in 'The Lobby'. There are several Milan fan's who have joined and discussed with Gooners. To be able to post in 'Arsenal Talk' you have to get promoted. You can discuss with fellow Gooners in 'The Lobby' if you wished.

Thanks, though it's too late now :)

hitmannq8
03-03-2008, 22:58
omg this Milan x Arsenal presentation preview has pumped me up so much.

Got it from acmilanclub.com but credit to Kaka_Nesta for making a great clip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaDa83-gjVQ

Rosso6
03-03-2008, 23:50
Not the Clinical Milan Anymore!!!!!!

To all my fellow Milanisti, I have bled,cried and laughed with you through all of Milan's ups and downs. I have supported Milan for the past 20 years and have seen the metamorphosis that this club has gone through.

This season(in the last 5 years) has by far been one of Milan's worst in terms of execution. We don't go for the jugular anymore and kill of team's. That is why I'm prepared for a Milan loss against Arsenal. The Cohesion in play that has been Milan's trademark since Carlo's reign is seriously lacking. And as a result we've lacked clinical execution that we've had in the past. Another reason I'm prepared for a an unfavorable result against Arsenal is the how we seem to overlook Serie A, sometimes with contempt.

There seems to be a lack of urgency whenever we play Serie A teams. And then we plan to show up in the Champions League. I for one believe if we lose tomorrow, next season Serie A should be our number 1 priority. Winning begets winning, if we are getting results in Serie A and consistently battling for the top spot it; this in turn serves as springboard for Champions League games. I know some of you will point to Last Season, that was a special campaign signed by destiny. Lets face if guys and gals, a season like 06/07 won't always be there.

Personally, I believe 04/05 season was one of the best Milan's seasons in the past decade. Despite losing to Liverpool, our Serie A play&CL play was simply exceptional. We got to the Champions League Final exhibiting exquisite soccer.

Enough about looking into the past. I don't think Milan has been the best team in CL to date. I don't know who has. It might one of those seasons where we see the final without any marquee names(Milan, Manyoo).If Milan win tomorrow, I was wrong. My writing here is not to prepare for 'I told you so', I don't derive any joy from Milan losing. All I want to get across, is we've not shown the capability to string fine performances. Inconsistency and lack of cohesion in play has plagued us. So with that I pray for a win but will be gutted and still understand if we don't win.

Milan For Life

Aficio
04-03-2008, 01:23
Milan always plays for a win. I know that we need to be more pragmatic, but I actually prefer a win. Forza Milan!!!

ACMILAN1983
04-03-2008, 03:05
I know some of you will point to Last Season, that was a special campaign signed by destiny. Lets face if guys and gals, a season like 06/07 won't always be there.

We make our own destiny and this match is no different. We will either go out and win or lose, but it's up to us whether we succeed or fail.

great video hitmannq8.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrki
04-03-2008, 04:51
Seedorf is isted which means there is a slingh chance for a last minute recupery, probably right now players know the formation already.

And I dont see why some people thing its too offensive to play Kaka'-pato-Pippo, its not. We have Rino-Ambro-Pirlo behind and two fullbacks from which one cant run forward much ( paolo ) and the other cant cross, ever.

Giovanni and Diavolo - are there any news about the coreo from the Curva??

jawad
04-03-2008, 05:55
i don't know, but i'm not feeling the heat like before, i don't know but we've got used to it, in a way that it doesn't effect us that much, or not as it used to be.

anyway a first goal for us will get ther moral down, and it will be a great chance we can finish them if we played our cards right, and the rest is history

jmacpherson
04-03-2008, 05:58
The day is finally here....9hrs to go

When the whistle blows and the clock starts, one of two things can happen:

We show why we are the current european and world club champions and progress to the next round...
Or we don't and we stay home in the next round and watch the games on tv instead of playing in them.

Personally, I hope the team chooses the first option.

Peachtot
04-03-2008, 06:13
according to arsenal official site, toure and rosicky wil be out tonight.

i guess wenger will start with 4-5-1 scheme and their starting line up gonna be :

-----------Adebayor-----------

-------------Hleb--------------

Diaby---Cesc---Flamini---Eboue

Clichy--Senderos--Gallas--Sagna

------------Almunia-----------

Hleb will also play defensive role eliminating pirlos' space and time to create milan offense

Peachtot
04-03-2008, 06:13
according to arsenal official site, toure and rosicky wil be out tonight.

i guess wenger will start with 4-5-1 scheme and their starting line up gonna be :

-----------Adebayor-----------

-------------Hleb--------------

Diaby---Cesc---Flamini---Eboue

Clichy--Senderos--Gallas--Sagna

------------Almunia-----------

Hleb will also play defensive role eliminating pirlos' space and time to create milan offence

ForzaMilano821
04-03-2008, 07:00
omg this Milan x Arsenal presentation preview has pumped me up so much.

Got it from acmilanclub.com but credit to Kaka_Nesta for making a great clip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaDa83-gjVQ

Man that video is sick, I think I watched it 4 times in a row....

I must admit its gonna be damn hard to focus in school today. When that bell rings I'm getting the hell back home.

Lets pray that Milan prevails!!!!!!

FORZA MILANO!!!

inomilan
04-03-2008, 07:12
we need to play w/ 2 strikers if we want to create space for Kaka, which will lead us to victory

FORZA MILAN!!!

MLM
04-03-2008, 09:36
i am really nervous about tonight game.. plz help me :D
i feel butterly in my stomach^^

GeoTav
04-03-2008, 09:43
There is one thing that relaxes people ... :1old:

It will be a difficult match to watch for fans because it will be hard for our team to do it (but they will do it !!).
And we may be hoping that by qualifying tonight and playing well, they will retrieve their fabulous level also for Serie A ...

PS: I hope there will be HD link to see the match, in France, it's Lyon's day and there is no other match shown, except summaries after 22h30 ...

_Ace
04-03-2008, 09:55
HD links are down due to upgrading...

atleast thats my opinion :D

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 11:01
I believe that in the summer we need 7-8 new players but i am optimistic for today's game giving 70% to us and 30% to them...

hitmannq8
04-03-2008, 11:36
For those who's hearts are pumping so fast, here are some pain killers:

Some of the biggest games/greatest goals under in Ancelotti era,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0cGR-K9Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5_Yp9v1m1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmRc1-2TGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_-zPezyh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhfxL_LmBw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKJ9LZOnqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCHrcDTLGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0g0RCQnU28

inomilan
04-03-2008, 11:43
say it w/ me people! QUACK!
so pumped up now! \m/

Mr. Anonymous
04-03-2008, 11:54
For those who's hearts are pumping so fast, here are some pain killers:

Some of the biggest games/greatest goals under in Ancelotti era,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0cGR-K9Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5_Yp9v1m1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmRc1-2TGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_-zPezyh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhfxL_LmBw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKJ9LZOnqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCHrcDTLGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0g0RCQnU28

Hopefully our team will give us a few more goals tonight that we can add to the collection you posted. :p283:

_Ace
04-03-2008, 12:00
nice vids Hitman ;)

did u notice that all of the goals vs UTD were in the same Corner ? :D

drucurl
04-03-2008, 12:01
Quack Quack :D

pece4ever
04-03-2008, 12:49
after seeing this vids, i may say WE NEED PLAYER LIKE SHEVA

FORZA SHEVA, SHEVA4EVER

FORZA MILAN
WIN TONIGHT WIN FOR US

GeoTav
04-03-2008, 12:58
Still one hour and a half !!

Ryo
04-03-2008, 13:11
For those who's hearts are pumping so fast, here are some pain killers:

Some of the biggest games/greatest goals under in Ancelotti era,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0cGR-K9Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5_Yp9v1m1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmRc1-2TGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_-zPezyh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhfxL_LmBw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKJ9LZOnqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCHrcDTLGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0g0RCQnU28


Did anyone but me notice some similarities in those posts?

Ambro was playing in all of them :D

well.......... actually I'm not sure about the Lyon match, but the rest he was. :p283:

jcastagn
04-03-2008, 13:14
Milan! Milan! Milan!!!!

inomilan
04-03-2008, 13:23
about an hr left! almost time to raise d roof!

FORZA MILAN!!!

nefremo
04-03-2008, 13:43
All right Milanisti. This is what we woke up for today. The first thing that came to mind as soon as we opened our eyes today. Some of us even had dreams about tonight's game.
No matter what happenes in today's game...........lets be proud of our team. Let's thank them for giving us these amazing days and letting us experience these feelings. Win or lose, let's show our love for the team.

Ofcourse......winning will allow us to experience two more heart-stopping matchdays. :p283:
Forza Milan............Let's kill Arsenal and show them that nobody comes to the "Lion's Den" and leaves happy. MILAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN

inomilan
04-03-2008, 13:45
official line-ups
Milan -
----------Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
----------Pirlo
Gattuso-----------Ambrosini
-----------Kaka
----Inzaghi-----Pato

subs: Fiore, Emerson, Gilardino, Simic, Favalli, Gourcuff, Bonera

Arsenal
-------Almunia
Sagna-Gallas---Senderos----Clichy
Eboue--Flamini-Fabregas-----Diaby
--------Hleb
--------Adebayor

subs: Lehmann,Van Persie, Denilson, Gilberto, Bendtner, Hoyte, Walcott

FORZA MILAN!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!

eltomas2
04-03-2008, 13:48
so up front is Kaka, pato, pippo...glad we are going for the kill, arsenal is not the type of team that goes anywhere to defend, let's see what Oddo can provide from the flanks and hope that our 2 bodyguards, max and rinno, own the midfield

ForeverMilan
04-03-2008, 14:04
i think that Diaby will close the run ways of Oddo,then Hleb will put pressure on Pirlo whenever he gets the ball,Kaka again will be marked by Flamini,the only chance for Arsenal to score are Hleb's long shots and deep ball that other player will pass to behind of Maldini,if Eboue cross a good one,Adebayor could score,i dont fear from Adebayor at least this time he has Nesta not only Kaladze,2 vs 1 always win the 2.

Pato,Pato,Pato,the only man that could give Milan the victory but my minds wonder what he could do alone with all arsenal defense.

i say %20 Milan %80 Arsenal(my mind) :510:
& &100 Milan %0 Arsenal(my heart) :heart:

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:16
For those who's hearts are pumping so fast, here are some pain killers:

Some of the biggest games/greatest goals under in Ancelotti era,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0cGR-K9Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5_Yp9v1m1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmRc1-2TGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_-zPezyh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhfxL_LmBw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKJ9LZOnqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCHrcDTLGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0g0RCQnU28


Benicimo, i will add them in my account in youtube, but ihave good memories from Arsenal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPvqlCJs3DQ 1-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZgRtz3MuDA 1-1

in our temple and tomb , Toumba.

any predictions for the other games,
i think Schalke will qualify and i want Sevilla to pass also..

kastriot
04-03-2008, 14:19
Its bad thing that all four Arsenal midfielder can play good both Offensively and defensively, we are going to find it hard to penetrate with flamini, eboue, cesc and diaby...all of them being natural defensive midfielder... on the other hand the only real attack can be Hleb and cesc with his great passes, all the others can be shut down by Rinho and Ambro.

I think that Pirlo will find it hard to play his usual game, due tu pressing from Hleb...but with both Pippo and Pato in, Kaka will find more space...so we need his magic to get this one.

Pato can be very important, he can create a lot of space for kaka, and also try some shots from outside the area(Pirlo too)... a great free kick can win it for us.

Forza Milan......good luck.

ray888
04-03-2008, 14:24
Hope this match is worth staying up at 3.00 am to watch. Forza Milan :)

nefremo
04-03-2008, 14:24
Giorgios,
I think Barca is already in, I don't see Celtic scoring at least 2 goals at the Nou Camp.
But I think Fenerbahce will knock out Sevilla with a draw in Spain. The other ones are tough to call but I think it'll be Man.U. ; Shalke; Roma; Chelsea(Although I'd love a surprise from Olympiacos).

ForzaMilano821
04-03-2008, 14:31
I am here and ready, and will try and talk here even though the TV is in the other room...

I am so excited...and nervous, I don't want Milan to lose. I am so glad to have other Milan fans to talk with through this forum, this is just another dimension of soccer that unites all of us from around the world because of a team that we love....

god bless us all and FORZA MILANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
04-03-2008, 14:33
Well. Milan promised her fans to deliver in Champion League.

She better does.

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:34
Giorgios,
I think Barca is already in, I don't see Celtic scoring at least 2 goals at the Nou Camp.
But I think Fenerbahce will knock out Sevilla with a draw in Spain. The other ones are tough to call but I think it'll be Man.U. ; Shalke; Roma; Chelsea(Although I'd love a surprise from Olympiacos).

I don't speak about Barcelona they have passed from the first game, the same for Manutd and Liverpool, i don't want Olympiakos to pass, i hate them but they have chanses against poor Chelsea with a silly coach, for us i don't know why i am too optimistic...
I want Real Madrid to pass but he game is average... :)

inomilan
04-03-2008, 14:35
Experience > Youth
'Nuff said!
FORZA MILAN!!!

nefremo
04-03-2008, 14:36
Giorgos, we'll pass man. I feel it. It's our stadium, our night. Forza Milan my friends.....let's show the world why they should all own a red and black jersey!!!!!!

cescvanpersie
04-03-2008, 14:36
Nervous!!!!

Marxisti/Milan
04-03-2008, 14:36
god lucks milan.

forza milan.

Jeff
04-03-2008, 14:37
I heard it's 4-3-1-2?

King tiger
04-03-2008, 14:38
Fooooooooorzaaaaa Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Siregar
04-03-2008, 14:40
I heard it's 4-3-1-2?

http://www.acmilan.com/LM_Match_Stats.aspx?idIncontro=2356

According to acmilan.com, we play with that formation. Forza Milan!

rosoneri_11
04-03-2008, 14:40
I hope we have a great night!

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:40
The atmosfere is just great... my favourite commentator also...

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:44
Silvio gave his arm to all of our players, Kaka smiled while Gila run to take Presiden't arm... Il grande presidente take the charge in the summer and buy new players...
There is strong air in Milan that's the reason why they didn't put the scenes for Moscow...

Marxisti/Milan
04-03-2008, 14:45
Tifosi rossoneri
tifosi milanisti
teniamoci per mano
in questi giorni tristi
di nuovo giù al Marassi
di nuovo al Comunale
tifosi Rossoneri finite all'ospedale
sangue nei popolari
sangue giù nei distinti
le abbiamo prese
ma non siamo vinti
è ora di rifarci
è ora di lottare
per quel che abbiam subito
dobbiamo vendicare
spariamo giù al Marassi
spariamo al Comunale
adesso siete voi
che andate all' ospedale
spariamo negli stadi, dell' Italia intera
siamo della BRIGATA ROSSONERA...
Milan!!!...Milan!!!...Milan!!!

Marxisti/Milan
04-03-2008, 14:46
Rossoneri siamo noi
ma chi cazzo siete voi
noi del Milan siamo quà
e per voi non c'è pietà
quando il Milan segnerà
questo stadio esploderà
dalla curva s'alzerà
la canzone degli ultrà...
Siamo l'armata Rossonera
e mai nessun ci fermerà
noi saremo sempre qua
quando il Milan giocherà
forza Milan vinci ancora per gli ultras...
la la la la la la la la lala
la la la la la la la la la
oooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooo...

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:46
Inzaghi offside after a great pass by Pirlo...

GeoTav
04-03-2008, 14:47
Go go go !!
Good game to all of you !!

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:47
We seems passinate and especially Rino..

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:52
Hleb shoots out!!

Aficio
04-03-2008, 14:54
Woww, great, Pato

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 14:54
Hleb shoots out!!
Well... you are about 1-1.5 min ahead of my sopcast

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:54
Barcelona-Celtic 1-0 3' Xavi...
A good shoot by Pato, corner, we press them Almunia stopped Maldini's head...
very good chanse...

Aficio
04-03-2008, 14:54
Oddo crossed very well :D

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 14:55
Oddo crossed very well :D
for a change!

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:56
Wohaou Sevilla-Fener 2-0 10'
Alves 5'
Keita 9`
Silvio bring Daniel Alves in AC Milan...

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 14:58
Diaby almost scored after a pass by Adebayor...

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:00
Pippo didn't shoot as he wanted and Almunia had an easy job...

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:00
Diaby almost scored after a pass by Adebayor...
dude, r u watching online too? u r so far ahead of me

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:01
The good news is that Pirlo after a long time looks just great...

ReMad
04-03-2008, 15:03
Pato Amazing Dribble (Min 7)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841114)

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:04
Pato missed a great chanse after a solo by Kaka...

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:05
Clishy stops Pippo before "facing" Almunia, Pippo heads afterwards out..

Aficio
04-03-2008, 15:05
Our longball strategy worked well.

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:05
Pato missed a great chanse after a solo by Kaka...
Oh yeaaah,

would be a great goal if the kid couldve raised his flick a bit more

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:08
Kaka shoots out after a long ball by Pirlo...
We are superior but we need a goal while Arsenal is dangerous in counterattack...

Aficio
04-03-2008, 15:08
Kaka & Pato running, Pirlo passing, the keys to win this match.

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:09
Kaka shoots out after a long ball by Pirlo...
....

Shve been a corner for us as the sphere was deflected upon Kaka's shot.
Oddo participated too.

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:10
The 1st goal will be by Pippo, I know. He is lurking around in the PA very well.

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:11
Fener makes it 2-1

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:12
I have a feeling that Gila tonight will score, name me crazy...

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:13
I have a feeling that Gila tonight will score, name me crazy...
OK-
Loco!!!!!!!

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:13
A great shoot by adebayour and Kalac saves in style...

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:14
A great shoot by adebayour and Kalac saves in style...
Twas too high anyway

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:16
Looks like Lyon has started to counterattack MU much better, lots of space opened somehow

ReMad
04-03-2008, 15:16
Maldini Header (Min 8)

Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841142)


Diaby Shoot Min 13

Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841136)

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:18
This was either a foul or penalty....

Graeme C
04-03-2008, 15:19
this game isnt looking to good :(

Giorgos
04-03-2008, 15:19
Fabregas hits the post...

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:20
Wow, looked like Hleb was tripped .. PK? No - YC to him.
Hleb is a great player who doesn't dive

ukrainian_CA
04-03-2008, 15:20
Fabregas hits the post...

the crossbar to be precise

ReMad
04-03-2008, 15:26
Adebayor Shoot (Min 28)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841156)

Fabregas Shoot Hits The Bar (Min 34)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841168)

Graeme C
04-03-2008, 15:27
arsenal is showing off our age by putting the ball into space and running itno it :S

nefremo
04-03-2008, 15:30
No, we are just not pressuring them at all. Their midfield has time to receive, turn, play, pass, run, turn again and we are sitting in front of our own box.

Jeff
04-03-2008, 15:34
I agree with Nefremo; Gattuso and Ambrosini have to step up!!!!!

nefremo
04-03-2008, 15:34
HT. We payed good in the first 20 mins or so but then got raped for the last 25. Our midfield is sitting too deep. Wee need to push up more. As a result of that, our fullbacks are pinned back as well and that's why we are having trouble playing the ball out of our own half. We need the midfield up the field more, which will also push up the fullbacks and spread the field, giving us a lot more room in the middle to play the ball. I'm glad that half is over because if we played for another 5 mins, Arsenal was more likely to score.
Let's see what happens in the second 45.

Russo-Neri
04-03-2008, 15:34
Milan came out guns blazing in the first 20 minutes, but they are completely out of gas. They had no energy left for the remaining 25 mins of the match and got outhustled in pretty much every way. Unfortunately, Milan's old legs are starting to show...

Jeff
04-03-2008, 15:35
Meanwhile, Arsenal is risking quite a bit, surprisingly(?!); they are pushing up so far that Kaka` has allll the space to run.

Will be interesting to see how Milan responds in the second half. They will HAVE to...

Graeme C
04-03-2008, 15:35
its not like we have many other options on the bench. The first half we played p*ss poor.. Arsenal deserve to be at least 1-0 up.

inomilan
04-03-2008, 15:35
WTF HAPPENED TO US?! we were good 1st 15 minutes only for us to continually keep giving away d ball! c'mon Ragazzi!
FORZA MILAN!!!

Jeff
04-03-2008, 15:36
Arsenal deserved to be one nil up in the first league :)

I miss Seedorf, honestly...

Jeff
04-03-2008, 15:36
I agree; I don't know why we start losing the ball so quickly; Ambro and Gattuso are mainly responsible for that?

forward
04-03-2008, 15:37
Supposedly Pirlo isn't having a good game...

Russo-Neri
04-03-2008, 15:37
I'm sorry, but Kaka is not the player he was last year. He's definitely hurt. Many times in that first half, he had problems getting around defenders whereas last year he would have blown right past them.

Siregar
04-03-2008, 15:37
Only good at first ten minutes then Arsenal controled the game. Where are we playing actually? In Milan or in London? Arsenal gave 120% of their ability while we played with lack of spirit! I cant understand why our players kept trying to play long ball from the defence to the forward area directly.

Really dissapointed how we played in the first half. Pirlo and Ambrossini should wake up!

cescvanpersie
04-03-2008, 15:39
man i hope we can keep this up and get a goal!
C'mon ARSENAL!!!
Gutted that Fabregas hit the post.
Milan are very very dangerous on the counter..pirlo is playing well in my opinion all his balls find their target.
Fabregas is bossin the midfield though

ReMad
04-03-2008, 15:39
1st Half Videos:

Pato Amazing Dribble (Min 7)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841114)

Maldini Header (Min 8)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841142)

Diaby Shoot Min 13
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841136)

Adebayor Shoot (Min 28)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841156)

Fabregas Shoot Hits The Bar (Min 34)
Click Here for Video (http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1841168)

eltomas2
04-03-2008, 15:39
Milan started well, putting pressure on Arsenal for the first 20-25 min, pippo, pato and kaka all had good chances. But then, little by little Arsenal took over, closed the midfield and were the better side the last 20 min. Again the youngsters from both sides couldnt go for the kill, pato missed a clear chance and so did fabregas...Kaka had one amazing run but all the other times he has been shut down by the arsenal midfield...maldini and oddo are strugling and so is ambrosini, specially ambro, he seems out of it...gatusso is holding on just fine...the last 20-25 min Milan couldnt transition from defense to midfield, it seemed that there was nowhere to go or pass so nesta, kala, oddo would just shoot long balls hoping kaka-pato-pippo would hold it...things keep going the way they are I would put Gila on just cause he knows how to hold the ball better than pippo or pato.

Aficio
04-03-2008, 15:40
Our longball & running worked first 15 minutes, but Arsenal knew how to cope with. Then, our attack looked clueless.

I think Gila could do better than Pippo.