PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France


jtelly
14-07-2008, 13:53
Anyone watching it this year? If so, who do you support?

Koeke
19-07-2008, 04:24
I follow it aswell. Who I support? Well I cheer for my Belgian compatriots but we don't have anybody for the great tours (Vuelta, Giro, Tour). Maybe Monfort (cofidis), and Devolder (Quick Step) could be top 20 but that's it.
Without Boonen we don't have world class sprinters aswell so that's a pity.
Next in line are the Belgian teams, so I must admit I'm happy with Cadel Evans but he tends to have a dull style.
After his first victory I was happy when Ricco won despite the fact he is so arrogant. After his second victory and Piepoli and Cobo explots it was obvious they took doping so to me it didn't came as a surprise when they finally were caught, it was simply impossible to be true.
Who do you support?

Pantera
30-07-2008, 08:05
I love Sastre! I love Tour de France!

And didn't he just beat the blood out of him!

Koeke
30-07-2008, 08:50
I love Sastre! I love Tour de France!

And didn't he just beat the blood out of him!

What do you mean Pantera? Sastre vs Evans? To be honest no, he was the best on Alpe d'Huez that's it in 3 weeks he only beat Evans once. It was enough for a deserved win and a good tactic from csc but they gambled and hoped that it would be enough to disrupt Evans for the final time trial. If he did better there all could have been lost so I wouldn't say that sastre beat the blood out of Evans.
All by all it was an extremly dull Tour. Evans deserved to lose CSC deserved to win and so did Sastre. I love the person Sastre but not really the cyclist. I hope Andy schleck will keep on evolving the way he did so next year we could see a duel Andy Schleck against Contador. Two strong teams two strong frontmen.

Pantera
30-07-2008, 10:09
Le Tour is never boring

I really enjoyed it

I didn't see so much except the key moments

Sastre!!! :beer:

regin
30-07-2008, 10:44
wat a year it has been for spain..

Koeke
30-07-2008, 14:02
wat a year it has been for spain..

a historical year even,
Giro
Tour (green and yellow jersey)
is contador entering the Vuelta this year?

jtelly
30-07-2008, 16:18
i support vandevelde, he is from a suburb of chicago about 10 minutes from where i grew up...and i really like voeckler as well of bouyges telecom, although more because he is nuts when it comes to breakaways and is a real fighter...great tour this year! and i used to really like rabobank because i am dutch, but after rasmussen last year it is hard to get excited about them.

Koeke
01-08-2008, 05:54
i support vandevelde, he is from a suburb of chicago about 10 minutes from where i grew up...and i really like voeckler as well of bouyges telecom, although more because he is nuts when it comes to breakaways and is a real fighter...great tour this year! and i used to really like rabobank because i am dutch, but after rasmussen last year it is hard to get excited about them.

You know Vande Velde has his origin in Belgium? About Voeckler didn't he won the award for the best fighting spirit? An award that Schumacher should have gotten but the french prefer to give it to a frenchie of course;).
I'm still not really convinced it was a great Tour but that's just my opinion. There were no real battles for the jersey's this year. Nobody even tryed to get them.
Keep on cheering for Rabobank, Rasmussen was most likely an isolated case. But I don't think the entire team should be convicted bro ;). Menchov didn't do that bad either. Beside that he really made me laugh. We've all seen those horribel crashes in a descent or in group, he managed to fall while he was climbing alone :D