View Full Version : Milan Galacticos
Right so where are all the people that were absolutely gagging for us to sign Ronaldhinio and the return of $heva????
We got Ronnie who will give us a few circus tricks here and there and lost the chance of signing a damn centre forward which is what we needed.
We got Boriello who has never played at Milan level before.
We signed $heva when we could have bought a defender for Gods sake!!
We bought Antioni and loaned in Senderos who arent even good enough to get in the side when 3 of our first choice defenders (Nesta. Kaladze and Jankulovski) are out!!
The side is completely unballanced, we have neglected the talent of Gourcuff, Pato, Vuidez and Cardacio who wont learn or develop in the old age home of a football club.
The Man City players were making Maldini look slow, today he was made to look ordinary. He is getting beat by anyone with pace now!! For Gods sake he is only capable of making the rare cameo. His replacement needs to be signed!!
Ambrosini runs and shouts alot, but doesnt do much more than that. Yes he gets the odd goal, but if his only contribution is to score then play a damn striker!! Flamini is a better tackler, he has more energy and hasa wider array of tackling skills. It seems the same with Cardaccio, give the poor mug a chance, why let him rot when others play like rubbish??
We already had Pato and Kaka, there was no room for Ronaldhinio, but we got greedy and this is where greed leads you to!
We are in a real mess and you better all believe it. We will be lucky to get a champions league spot this season.
Major changes need to be made. Defenders need to be brought in!!
Ancelotti must drop some of the stars!!
Galliani has to go!!
Things are really not looking good and I feel sacking the coach won't help much.
I said it way before the season started...getting Ronaldinho and Sheva would unbalance the team and cause too many selection problems. So said so done. Now Carlo's forced to try n keep all these ego's happy and other players suffer.
There is another question Id like Milan fans to answer. Have we lost our identity. I my self grew up watching defenders like Baresi, Maldini, Billy etc. Now I am forced to watch this dribble week in week out. As a sself respecting Milan fan it effin hurts to see Milan defend in such an abismal way. It has seriously hurt to see us have players like Pancaro, Favalli, Bonera and Senderos in the team. Even Kaladze and Jankulovski dont deserve to lace up the boots of ou old defenders. Nesta has been made to look so average its an injustice to him.
Milan always built its success on a solid defensive unit, but Galliani only ever "makes ends meat". Ambrosini and Kaaldze spent years trying to establish them selves in the Milan side becuase they were never really Milan quality, but were excellent subs. Now we have come to depend on these players as our regulars!! Even worse than this is that we are relying on people like favalli, Bonera, Senderos.
Jankulovski has never made the left side his own in the way Serghinio did for a while. Yet we have never bothered to get a world beating left back!! It shows our ambition!!
$heva is way past his best and the old Milan would have signed Van Basten or Weah or the young Sheva. Instead we got a washed up has been on loan.
Ronaldhinio was going for cheap, and promised alot of what we already have in Kaka and Pato. We needed a defender, the old Milan would have bought Desaiy, Nesta, but instead we got Ronaldhinio(???) and Senderos???
Please Milan, make some money on Ronnie- Sell him, allow Pato to work with Kaka!!
Please Milan sign a centre forward like Benzema, Huntelaar, Adebayor so our attack actually has a focal point!!
Please Milan buy a young defender like Zapatta and either a left back or right back of enormous quality once you have decided where the hell you want Zambro to play.
Back to the question, the Milan formula as I knew it was always solid defence, a playmaker and a world beating goal scorer! The only one we have now is the playmaker!! am I right in saying Milan has lost its identity??
rosoneri_11
14-09-2008, 11:28
The worst choice was that we didn't signed Adebayeor instead of Ronnie.
And one great mistake was that when we sold Sheva(we got 46m euros) we din't signed Torres but we choosed Ronaldo! A grannie and more more cheap player.At January. when we realise that we need a striker after loosing so many points.Galiani's great moves.
Galiani: We rule the market!
Right so where are all the people that were absolutely gagging for us to sign Ronaldhinio and the return of $heva????!
I appreciate a good portion of this post k7.
I'll admit every thought, word or, deed that I have put forth here in this forum.
Obviously we'll disagree on the return of Sheva. The main thing is that a degree of respect and understanding will be established with me and you for me admitting and advocating Sheva's return.
I do so as a fan and never as a proclaimed expert of anything about the game. My support for him and with any player, executive, trainer, manager etc, etc, comes from my devotion as a supporter and only as a supporter.
I offer no punditry of who is best for the club. I offer no tactical expertise or analysis of players supposedly best suited for this club. I offer no retrospect or monday morning after the fact commentary of what should have been done, what should be done, or what can be done. I never have and never will.
I like you DO get frustrated with the punditry that gets posted here from the beginning of time of MILANMANIA. Let me tell you... I've yet to be impressed with any of it. Most of it comes after the fact and in contradiction to what was advocated earlier. No one yes NO ONE has been ever accurate. No Fan's knowledge here in this forum of the game or of players out there in the entire football world will help this club. It never has. We arent in the position to know any of it. You know that already.
People will always offer and share their claimed experise of the game. It's the nature of this forum.
What will frustrate me is when a supporters self claimed expertise overrides ones devotion and faith as a supporter. That happens too much here.
Now I've noticed that you have fallen trap to this punditry shennanigan. It happens to the best of us.
Trust me. You'll enjoy this club more if you just watch the drama unfold. Yeah yeah... I tend to get all philosophical all the time. I am a pastor/minister so you'll have to forgive me.
I make the claim that I'll back this club no matter what til hell freezes over. Never got to bring out the snow gear cause this team has always come back before any hell can freeze over.
As a fan who respects what you have posted, that's the best I can offer you.
Thanks for allowing me to post my thoughts here.
rossomero
14-09-2008, 15:36
I appreciate a good portion of this post k7.
I'll admit every thought, word or, deed that I have put forth here in this forum.
Obviously we'll disagree on the return of Sheva. The main thing is that a degree of respect and understanding will be established with me and you for me admitting and advocating Sheva's return.
I do so as a fan and never as a proclaimed expert of anything about the game. My support for him and with any player, executive, trainer, manager etc, etc, comes from my devotion as a supporter and only as a supporter.
I offer no punditry of who is best for the club. I offer no tactical expertise or analysis of players supposedly best suited for this club. I offer no retrospect or monday morning after the fact commentary of what should have been done, what should be done, or what can be done. I never have and never will.
I like you DO get frustrated with the punditry that gets posted here from the beginning of time of MILANMANIA. Let me tell you... I've yet to be impressed with any of it. Most of it comes after the fact and in contradiction to what was advocated earlier. No one yes NO ONE has been ever accurate. No Fan's knowledge here in this forum of the game or of players out there in the entire football world will help this club. It never has. We arent in the position to know any of it. You know that already.
People will always offer and share their claimed experise of the game. It's the nature of this forum.
What will frustrate me is when a supporters self claimed expertise overrides ones devotion and faith as a supporter. That happens too much here.
Now I've noticed that you have fallen trap to this punditry shennanigan. It happens to the best of us.
Trust me. You'll enjoy this club more if you just watch the drama unfold. Yeah yeah... I tend to get all philosophical all the time. I am a pastor/minister so you'll have to forgive me.
I make the claim that I'll back this club no matter what til hell freezes over. Never got to bring out the snow gear cause this team has always come back before any hell can freeze over.
As a fan who respects what you have posted, that's the best I can offer you.
Thanks for allowing me to post my thoughts here.
i have free time today and very good mood to talk about football do you want to talk further about teams prob?:) i am asking cause i want to share some thoughts about the way we play and not talking alone:)
rossomero
14-09-2008, 15:46
ok i ll say some things
the prob with milan is that we dont have any plan on pitch i cant say of ronnie or sheva are bad signings the 1st we have to thing is what we want em to do if we want to play with one forward sheva isnt best choise atm or if we play long distance between our lines possibly ronnie will never take ball i like em both they can help but firtly we need to find identity as team
Well it is getting so late here or for that matter too early in the morning for me. Trust me... you are not talking alone. Have good posts and there is bountiful members who will chat with you. I'll be signing off soon. Just remember speak your mind honestly and do so respectfully and you'll be a top member here. maybe even a moderator.
FORZA MILAN!
I appreciate a good portion of this post k7.
I'll admit every thought, word or, deed that I have put forth here in this forum.
Obviously we'll disagree on the return of Sheva. The main thing is that a degree of respect and understanding will be established with me and you for me admitting and advocating Sheva's return.
I do so as a fan and never as a proclaimed expert of anything about the game. My support for him and with any player, executive, trainer, manager etc, etc, comes from my devotion as a supporter and only as a supporter.
I offer no punditry of who is best for the club. I offer no tactical expertise or analysis of players supposedly best suited for this club. I offer no retrospect or monday morning after the fact commentary of what should have been done, what should be done, or what can be done. I never have and never will.
I like you DO get frustrated with the punditry that gets posted here from the beginning of time of MILANMANIA. Let me tell you... I've yet to be impressed with any of it. Most of it comes after the fact and in contradiction to what was advocated earlier. No one yes NO ONE has been ever accurate. No Fan's knowledge here in this forum of the game or of players out there in the entire football world will help this club. It never has. We arent in the position to know any of it. You know that already.
People will always offer and share their claimed experise of the game. It's the nature of this forum.
What will frustrate me is when a supporters self claimed expertise overrides ones devotion and faith as a supporter. That happens too much here.
Now I've noticed that you have fallen trap to this punditry shennanigan. It happens to the best of us.
Trust me. You'll enjoy this club more if you just watch the drama unfold. Yeah yeah... I tend to get all philosophical all the time. I am a pastor/minister so you'll have to forgive me.
I make the claim that I'll back this club no matter what til hell freezes over. Never got to bring out the snow gear cause this team has always come back before any hell can freeze over.
As a fan who respects what you have posted, that's the best I can offer you.
Thanks for allowing me to post my thoughts here.
I don't see why you should get frustrated when people post what they think Milan should be like. Isn't this the PURPOSE of the forum ? To talk about Milan and how we would like to see it? Of course we won't have any impact on the management, not my posts, not yours not anybody else's. So then what are we supposed to do ? Watch the game and offer no thoughts? Just come back and post 'yay Milan' ? Next time you get 'frustrated with the punditry' and with people's 'claimed experise of the game' just go back and read the description under the Games & Tactics part of the forum.
"Share your previews, commentary, reviews and your OPINION on the system, the coaching, player selection etc here."
Again... you've missed my point.
What will frustrate me is when a supporters self claimed expertise overrides ones devotion and faith as a supporter. That happens too much here.
So there's no confusion.
The Man City players were making Maldini look slow, today he was made to look ordinary. He is getting beat by anyone with pace now!! For Gods sake he is only capable of making the rare cameo. His replacement needs to be signed!!
Hate to agree with you on that, pal, but one cannot think otherwise. :dazed:
rossomero
14-09-2008, 16:08
There is another question Id like Milan fans to answer. Have we lost our identity. I my self grew up watching defenders like Baresi, Maldini, Billy etc. Now I am forced to watch this dribble week in week out. As a sself respecting Milan fan it effin hurts to see Milan defend in such an abismal way. It has seriously hurt to see us have players like Pancaro, Favalli, Bonera and Senderos in the team. Even Kaladze and Jankulovski dont deserve to lace up the boots of ou old defenders. Nesta has been made to look so average its an injustice to him.
Milan always built its success on a solid defensive unit, but Galliani only ever "makes ends meat". Ambrosini and Kaaldze spent years trying to establish them selves in the Milan side becuase they were never really Milan quality, but were excellent subs. Now we have come to depend on these players as our regulars!! Even worse than this is that we are relying on people like favalli, Bonera, Senderos.
Jankulovski has never made the left side his own in the way Serghinio did for a while. Yet we have never bothered to get a world beating left back!! It shows our ambition!!
$heva is way past his best and the old Milan would have signed Van Basten or Weah or the young Sheva. Instead we got a washed up has been on loan.
Ronaldhinio was going for cheap, and promised alot of what we already have in Kaka and Pato. We needed a defender, the old Milan would have bought Desaiy, Nesta, but instead we got Ronaldhinio(???) and Senderos???
Please Milan, make some money on Ronnie- Sell him, allow Pato to work with Kaka!!
Please Milan sign a centre forward like Benzema, Huntelaar, Adebayor so our attack actually has a focal point!!
Please Milan buy a young defender like Zapatta and either a left back or right back of enormous quality once you have decided where the hell you want Zambro to play.
Back to the question, the Milan formula as I knew it was always solid defence, a playmaker and a world beating goal scorer! The only one we have now is the playmaker!! am I right in saying Milan has lost its identity??
very good post i was thinking same things m8 but with some realism and good moves we can have a very good team i think galliani and board are blind we have so abvious probs on defence and sides for so long that its really strange that noone do smth for this i think if the defence get better with 2 high quality center back an at least 1 creative player for sides our other lines are strong eought to make a very powerfull team dont underestimate ronnie i think he needs a specific role on team maybe a free role behind of kaka and pato will be great for us and one more thing NEVER AGAIN 2 DMCS AMBRO FLAMINI OR GATUSO AND ITHINK ONE MORE CREATIVE MIDFIELDER MUST BE SIGNED FOR SURE player like hleb de rossi modric
What will frustrate me is when a supporters self claimed expertise overrides ones devotion and faith as a supporter. That happens too much here.
So there's no confusion.
^^ Fair enough...but at what point exactly does this devotion and faith get overridden ? I think most people here have a different view from you as to when that threshold has been crossed.
^^ Fair enough...but at what point exactly does this devotion and faith get overridden ? I think most people here have a different view from you as to when that threshold has been crossed.
And that threshold doesnt need to digress into dissing this club, players, and all its agents.
I'm not making my posts in accusation to you in any way. Please keep that in mind. The mood just gets ugly in here.
Some here talk about Ancellotti and this team being too predictable? The predication of some here after any game day tops that by far.
We offer our punditry in this little forum world of ours and then measure that after the fact against Ancellotti. We then hold him accountable (of course he's the coach in the real world) for his expertise or lack of, yet I have yet too see any admit in our lala land of MM, that our expertise was just a bad.
We dont need too. We do it in the convenience of lala land MilanMania.
Its a character issue Mystik.
Hey offeirng ones take and opinion of what should we do or should have done is more than welcomed. But coooommmmmmeee ooonnnn to measure that against reality and use lala land expertise to disss this team and it manager is over the line.
K77SHC...i agree with what your saying. I posted on another thread when what i said should have been posted here....
It wont make any difference if ancelotti goes because the manager who comes in will have to use what they have been given by the board. i say the board have to take their fare share of the blame. Theyve not bought what ancelotti wanted. He wanted a target man and they end up buying ronaldinho. Ancelotti wanted another defender and they go and buy a defender thats ridiculed in the EPL in senderos and please dont get me started on that judas known as Sheva.
I dont know what milans transfer policy is anymore but its plain to see that its not working as well as it use to. Its the same old problem year in year out and until the board changes then milan will continue to stumble along as it has done for the past couple of years.
As Brian Clough says, the true test of a team is in the league and not winning a few games in a cup competition. Its the fault of the board that they value the champions league more than serie a when in theory both competitions should be given equal repsect.
Another thing can somebody please, please tell me why we signed ibrahim ba last season and clarence seedorfs brother this year????
atreides602
06-11-2008, 06:44
i guess our "galacticos" made this thread slowly die :rone:
I hope you are right, but we are only 10 games into the season. Our ridiculous goal keepers havent cost us any points yet and we are not even concerned with the champions league as of yet.
I remember starting a thread about how Dida was finished and got a similar reaction, 56 pages later and no dida..
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21268
I still stick to my original opinion, we should have signed Zappatta over Ronnie and a centre forward over Shevchenko. Also a goalkeeper.
Ronnie is doing amazingly well, same with Boriello, but we still have a massive hole in our defence. There is no sign of Nesta so right now we dont have a single world class centreback or a goalkeeper that can be called reliable.
If the galacticos of Milan is working then it is because Ancelotti seems to be refusing to allow this culture to seep into our team. He quite literally deserves all the credit for where Milan are right now in the league.
You predicted a failure after some friendlies (that, as you saw, seem not to count in any way for our players) and the first two defeats:
- against Bologna, our team was unlucky, I don't know what we can say about this match except that we didn't play really well and that we saw the same problems than last year
- against Genoa, nothing to say, they were unfortunately better than us on this match and would have deserved to win 3 or 4-0, and it's what made me feel afraid personally, Genoa being better than us ... I started to have doubts.
About your statement about our recruies, I don't agree with all:
- Ronaldinho, it was a good purchase because he gives more solutions to Ancelotti, he can rest Kaka' or Seedorf sometimes, and it's what we lacked last year. And who knows, if he plays again like some years ago in Barcelona, he wouldn't be a good purchase but an excellent improvement for the team, we'll see.
- Shevchenko, I agree with you, why him ?! I don't think he'll play again like in his past years and he seems to be on the same way than in Chelsea: being a bench player. Anyway, I may be wrong and I hope so. **
- Senderos, I agree and disagree with you. He's far to be a top-class defender, he's far from our standards (the names you quoted K77SH ...), but let's give him a chance, he made his debut yesterday, let's give him 2 weeks and then we'll see what to think about him (I cross my fingers lol). **
- Zambrotta-Antonini, I completely disagree with you !! For me, Antonini purchase is the completely logical transfert we had to do after buying Zambrotta and loaning Oddo ... he's not supposed to be a starter at all, he is "just" a player able to play in some games of Serie A (or UEFA Cup) to let Zambrotta or other players resting.
- Abbiati come-back, nothing to say, I applauded this transfert because I've always thought he was a very good GK, anyway, I don't applaude anymore because he spoke about politics, it's exactly what I hate (soccer or football is a sport, nothing more, I prefer players who play and shut up lol).
- Flamini, I already spoke about him on other topics, he's an improvement.
** My statements, your statements, their (who ? lol) statements will be true or false only at the end of the season, we can only see what happens and comment it for moment, and we're totally unable to say before "I think he'll be bad ..." whereas the guy didn't even play one minute yet.
And when people say here that our management is blind/useless/..., especially because they don't do what fans think they're going to do, excuse me all but who were the three more criticized players of our team last year ??
Yep, I read in your mind and you're right: it was Gilardino firstly (sold to Fiorentina), Brocchi then (sold to ... don't remember lol), and Oddo to finish (loaned to Bayern and I think he won't come back). Didn't the things most of you wanted happen ??
And even if they stated too late that Gourcuff didn't have space in our squad to develop, they've loaned him ... so in some ways, they repaired their mistake.
So our management is far to be blind ... after 10 games, they even built a successful team (we'll see at the end of the season if it's only a 10-games-success or a season-success).
It's something I said once but I'm going to express it again ... I think our management exactly reproduct what they did between 2002 and 2003: bringing new players to build a successful team in two years. You can't build a perfect team at all, and you can't build a team approaching from perfection in one year because too much recruies kill your team ... so you need to plan that on two years (or more). I even think that, contrarly to what Galliani can say, the Scudetto wasn't a real goal at the start of the season.
I put one finger to cut (please, delete that part lol) that at the next summer mercato, the parts of the team that need to be improved will be improved: defense and probably one midfielder or striker, anyway, we don't need 7-8 players, just 3 or 4 to be back at our top and fight for both Scudetto and Champions League at the same time next year.
VERY LONG POST, I said all that came to my mind after reading some pages without commenting !! lol
Ooh sorry Geo Tav, I didnt realise you replied to this. I just came to revive it as I want to see what people thought about shevchenko's performances.
All I can say about Ronnie, is that he is playing well even if he isnt running at players yet.
Still not happy with shevchenko and hope we arent going to be buying him.
Senderos, I travelled to Portsmouth. Saw the big man trip over him self and nearly give away a goal. He also managed to get beat in the air when he shouldnt have. The ironic thing is, thats the kind of area where he was supposed to improve our defence.
I cant even remember what I said about Antonini, but it must have been stupid. I think he is a fantastic player, who is athletic, brave and never scared to run at defenders. Sometimes we have alot of players on the pitch all at once that would rather pass the ball sideways ie Rino, Ambro, Emerson, Flamini, for the past year Kaka and sometimes Seedorf. He at least tries to be proactive and runs at players or cross the ball. If he can find some level of consistency Im sure he can force his way into the side.
Abbiati, flaps at crosses he should catch. Wouldnt it be nice to have a keeper at Milan who can actually take a cross. How long has it been? Oh Rossi where are you?
I understand what you mean about taking time to build the team back to its best. But Milan should stay true to its identity and what made the club a success. Barca had an amazing attack of Romario and Stoichkov, but failed to win the CL. Later they had Kluivert, Rivaldo and Figo (The latter two being two of the best in the world). They didnt win the CL. Milan's successes were always built on solid defences, so why now do we leave a formula that works to use a formula that ultimately failed for Barca and Real. Do we need a Galacticos with no defence?
9 points behind Inter now. Ronnie is still nice to watch, the defence is as equally bad to watch. Its ok though, Galliani the friggin genious refuses to simply hand another scudetto to Inter and has just signed Thiago who cant contribute jack sh!t until next year and we have Beckham who will come and be our saviour (if his wife lets him out of the shops)!!
Galliani you are such a fart of a human being!!
truth be told the one at fault for the galacticos era is Florentino Perez....similarly THE ONE at fault for our being RUBBISH at the moment is Silvio Berlusconi. I am getting tired of hearing in the press players that were close to Milan or whom Carlo wanted and we went the cheapskate way (again :rolleyes: )
What we needed were
1) wide play
2) a WC striker (20+ goals/ league season)
3) CB
4) GK
To our most pressing needs (gk, st) we went the cheapest route imagineable.....taking back AVERAGE TO GOOD players back from loan....fortunately Abbiatti is on good form but people are so blinded by hatred/bitterness towards Dida that they gloss over Abbiatti's failings...He is NOT a WC keeper and neither is Borriello a WC striker
Then comes the biggest charade of our mercato...FLAMINI and R80... There was NO reason to get EITHER of the se players....as the CDM (Pirlo, Emerson, Gattuso, Ambro) and the CAM (Kaka, Seedorf and occasionally Pirlo or Pato) are the positions most covered at least for this year.....OK so MOS of our CDM's are injured atm but we still have Ambro and Prilo
Our wing play got similar disregard as we got Zambrotta who has been one of our more consistent players this season...but is OBVIOUSLY on the decline and more average loaned players (other than Abate whom I rate but we decided to loan :wallbang: )
A LARGE % of this is Carlo's fault however we decide to swing it but if Berlu thinks that the fans are idiots then he should leave gracefully and let us start a new adventure with someone who respects the fans and is genunely interested in bringing Milan to the top where it belongs..
In conclusion:
Torres, Veloso, Buffon, Trez, Ribery, Adebayor :5dito:
:o
I agree with you on most of that, but I would say the most omportant reinforcement was a defender and not just one two of them.
Also Flamini is a good signing, but he needs to pull his finger out and start playing the way he did for Arsenal.
While I count my self an Ancelotti supporter he will soon have one less if he persists on playing Emerson. If you lok at this season, we have conceded more goals with him on the pitch than him off it.
We are into January and Id swap Roanaldhinio, Beckham and Shevchenko for Santarocce any day.
8 points off the top now!!
blinkfxpx
30-01-2009, 19:11
K77SH C you have said it yourself!
Beckham is an overrated player who only destabilizes the team, as well as ronnie, we need YOUNG BLOOD!
K77SH C you have said it yourself!
Beckham is an overrated player who only destabilizes the team, as well as ronnie, we need YOUNG BLOOD!
Or even younger blood, funnily enough 27 would still be alot younger than some of our players.
Blog: Changing man
Carlo Ancelotti has worked miracles at Milan, but surely now change is in everyone’s best interests, states Scott Fleming
Stability is a much sought after commodity in the tumultuous world of calcio, but is it possible to have a little too much of it?
I realise Carlo Ancelotti’s Milan are unbeaten in their last four, winning three. I also realise that Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani’s warped philosophy is a beautiful thing…in theory.
In January I was privileged enough to see the Rossoneri in action against Roma, when the front three of Kaka, Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato produced some of the finest football I have ever seen in the flesh. The problem was I also had to sit through an embarrassing display by poor Giuseppe Favalli, who was fielded out of position at centre-back that night, as Milan drew a match they should have won.
It was a timely demonstration of the comical, naïve, imbalance Milan have exhibited for far too long under Ancelotti’s reign, and it led me to the belief that this summer may be the time for Milan to part company with their tactician.
The club needs change, regeneration even, before it slips further towards a replica of Real Madrid during the Galactico era – when principles and wisdom were exchanged for commercial interests and a celebrity culture. Ancelotti may not be the cause of all the problems, but change is needed nonetheless. Given the reputed interest from Chelsea et al, he would hardly struggle to find employment, and two Champions League wins mean he will always hold legendary status at San Siro.
The Rossoneri have played with the same formation and largely the same players for around four or five years now. On their day they’re electrifying, but equally as often they’re stupefying, nullified by a shrewd opposing manager who knows their predictable approach all too well.
Ancelotti has been given significant leeway by the club’s hierarchy in recent years, and understandably so given the brilliance of their Champions League displays.
This season is surely the last straw however. Without Champions League participation, a credible Scudetto challenge and the UEFA Cup, in which they were the strongest team by far, were necessities. Milan failed abjectly on both fronts, and just to compound the gloom they tumbled out of the Coppa Italia at the last 16 stage for the second year running.
This summer they desperately require another centre back to help Thiago Silva reinvigorate the defence, a genuine winger, and a striker to take the onus off Pato and Pippo Inzaghi. Ancelotti may not be the man to deliver them.
-----------
Not sure why the write blames Ancelotti for the unbalance in the side. The blame lies squarely on Galliani and Berlusconi.
One more game to be played before the end of the season and who knows where we will finish in the standings. We are a mess and havent had the demands of the CL this season. If we sont sell some of the galacticos and get young fighters back in the side then we will be humiliated next season!!
I warned you guys this management doesnt know what its doing. Even the Real galacticos had some decent players and didnt sell their best players!!
We wont buy anyone half decent, watch them all flop!!
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 02:38
I warned you guys this management doesnt know what its doing. Even the Real galacticos had some decent players and didnt sell their best players!!
We wont buy anyone half decent, watch them all flop!!
Let's wait and see what is brought in this mercato before judging. Truth is, I want to believe this Kaka sale is the start of a new proper era, where the team isn't built on star names but quality players working as a unit.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 02:55
DEv, I hope so too, but with the exception of Mattioni, T. Silva, Dinho, Antonini, Bonera,Cardacio, Borreillo, Pato and Flamini, of which four of them are bench players and one of them had only 2 mins of game time all season, everyone else are either over 30 or way over 30. While the youth of Darmian, Albertezzi, Viudez and Strussar are not ready. Players like Paloshi, Abate, Di Gennaro, and Astori are good/solid players but they really aint the next coming of Pippo, Donadoni, Giggs and Nesta. How can you start a cycle or an era with a squad like this, while selling your best players(Kaka) and your best prospect(Gourcuff).
DEv, I hope so too, but with the exception of Mattioni, T. Silva, Dinho, Antonini, Bonera,Cardacio, Borreillo, Pato and Flamini, of which four of them are bench players and one of them had only 2 mins of game time all season, everyone else are either over 30 or way over 30. While the youth of Darmian, Albertezzi, Viudez and Strussar are not ready. Players like Paloshi, Abate, Di Gennaro, and Astori are good/solid players but they really aint the next coming of Pippo, Donadoni, Giggs and Nesta. How can you start a cycle or an era with a squad like this, while selling your best players(Kaka) and your best prospect(Gourcuff).
If we assume that the money (from Kaka and Gourcuff) will be spent wisely, it is not very difficult to start a new era for Milan with current squad.
Like I said in other post, if we get Dzeko then we are almost sure that we have to forget Hernanes since both are non-EU. My option is Fabregas (possible option with expensive price tag). A CB is something we already know.
My rough calculation :
- Dzeko should be around 20 mil euros (only had 1 very good season in a decent League, Bundesliga)
- Fabregas could be in the range 30-35 mil euros (he is great player but still so young and has not reached the level of players like Kaka, Messi)
- Mexes/Zapata/Santacroce are in the region of 15-20 mil euros
We got around 80 from Kaka and Gourcuff and the list above costs around 65-75 mil euros. The rest can go to fullback and with some addition from our yearly transfer money or money from players sold, we can add some young talented players like Mariga. Our loan players and 1-2 primavera players should be also brought.
Having a first team like this should be able to compete with other team IMO :
---------------------------Abbiati------------------------
---Zambrotta---Nesta/Thiago---new CB---new LB/Thiago---
--------Gattuso---------Flamini---------Fabregas----------
----------------------------Pirlo---------------------------
----------------Dzeko-----------------Pato----------------
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 03:23
You are assuming they do spend the 80mil wisely.
While I am betting they won't.
Dzeko is good but he alone won't solve all our problems.
SInce Nesta is back and Kaladze are also back, Galli and Berlu won't spend on CBs. They will most likely sign Pannuci though.
You are assuming they do spend the 80mil wisely.
While I am betting they won't.
Dzeko is good but he alone won't solve all our problems.
SInce Nesta is back and Kaladze are also back, Galli and Berlu won't spend on CBs. They will most likely sign Pannuci though.
Then let wait and see.
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 04:21
You are assuming they do spend the 80mil wisely.
While I am betting they won't.
Dzeko is good but he alone won't solve all our problems.
SInce Nesta is back and Kaladze are also back, Galli and Berlu won't spend on CBs. They will most likely sign Pannuci though.
That's why said let's wait and see at the start of my last post. Whatever we say right now is all based on assumptions. Even a relatively weak looking mercato this summer could well be well spent money, depending on how we use what we get.
if they buy a bullet to put through seedorf's head then I will see the money as well spent. :D
just kidding, that's maybe a little too extreme.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 04:39
That's why said let's wait and see at the start of my last post. Whatever we say right now is all based on assumptions. Even a relatively weak looking mercato this summer could well be well spent money, depending on how we use what we get.
Lets wait and see.
BUt if I am a player in the class like Cesc, I will ask myself this, will I go to a team that just sold Kaka? Or stay at my current team? Or leak this MIlan offer out and see if other teams like Real, Barcelona, Chelsea or ManU interest in me?
ACMILAN1983
09-06-2009, 05:02
Lets wait and see.
BUt if I am a player in the class like Cesc, I will ask myself this, will I go to a team that just sold Kaka? Or stay at my current team? Or leak this MIlan offer out and see if other teams like Real, Barcelona, Chelsea or ManU interest in me?
This is something many including me have alluded to in our posts. Milan looks like a club losing it's strength as a footballing giant. Kaka and Gourcuff were the start, and now Pato is talking about leaving.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:11
I think if this deal is a cash+ players deal, Snejider/VDV+Robben/Higuin....it will make more sense. Or have Milan buy a few more players first before selling Kaka for the money.
Selling Kaka will make it very hard for Milan to attract high quality players in Milan.
Maybe Dzeko will come if the deal is not being hijack by other clubs like Arsenal or Pool or Real
....I am sorry to give a bad news but...trust me on this..Cesc will not come to Milan.
Barca want him this summer because they fear RM will get him first. We might have had a slim chance before, but now, not a chance. In a sense Kaka leaving killed any prospects of capturing any established names. We must start scouring for raw, undiscovered talents.
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:27
I think having Cesc at Barcelona is over kill. As you can't have a midfield trio of Cesc, Xavi and Inesta. Cesc going to Real is a good fit though.
..I agree Barca don't need him. The thing is they are OBSESSED with getting him back. So if RM make a move, which they seem to think will happen this summer or next, Barca will grab Cesc by his neck before he has a chance to say bye bye Arsenal..
Gabriel489
09-06-2009, 05:40
Well, we will see.
Well guys, I think we can officially say this Milan side is the new Galacticos! Except we sold our biggest star!
Let's wait and see what is brought in this mercato before judging. Truth is, I want to believe this Kaka sale is the start of a new proper era, where the team isn't built on star names but quality players working as a unit.
As dissapointed as I am, I expected there to be no new era.
This page is full of the term - "Lets wait and see."
We waited, we saw and now Milan is dead. Long live the blue and black bastards that are Inter.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.