PDA

View Full Version : I want to know why


GiancarloC
24-09-2008, 09:45
Why was I banned when I was on my best behavior? I was really doing nothing to anyone.

I just want to know why?

This is just downright crude.

K77SH C
24-09-2008, 11:33
Didnt Carlo recently mention something about not doing the washing in public ;)

Debs
24-09-2008, 12:45
No need to be passive aggressive about it. You received a number of warnings from mods and admins, other posters were calling you out on your behavior....plus you told me in a PM to go ahead and ban you. We have rules, we treat each other with respect. When there is no respect something has to be done.

Blacktop
24-09-2008, 15:37
It's only a matter of time before he's axed with this current SN as well.

SANT
24-09-2008, 15:55
I think Giancarlo can become a very good poster, it's just that he's a bit too defensive...
I believe he may respond to me with something like:

- Me? Defensive? Why do you say that to me? that's rude! I'm leaving this forum forever, I don't deserve this... etc.

Instead of just saying:
Yeah, I might be :D but I'm working on that... and speaking of (this, that)

Giancarlo, do you have older brothers or sisters? Not trying to define a psycological profile, just wondering if you know how to adapt to an enviroment like this place.

kastriot
24-09-2008, 18:14
GIAN

To be honest, from my heart with the best intention. This forums is much better place without you. No hard feelings, Its just the truth. considering the warnings you get from mods and complains from other members, I guess i`m not the only one thinking that way.

I`m really sorry to say this, cuz everybody can tell how passionate you are for milan.You just dont know how to behave in a public forum. You may have not broken a official forum rule, but your debates at the end turn out to be everything but football.

SANT
24-09-2008, 22:11
I`m really sorry to say this, cuz everybody can tell how passionate you are for milan.You just dont know how to behave in a public forum. You may have not broken a official forum rule, but your debates at the end turn out to be everything but football.


But he can learn, and I'm sure he's making the effort... we all saw how many members were glad he decided to come back...

it's just a matter of not feeling the need to reply to every single post, in every single thread, and always trying to come out victorious... sometimes we just need to read, sometimes just add one little note, and sometimes just type exactly what we think on a particular subject...

we're not here in a contest, and I think GC sees it a bit like we were...:swars:

Xudong
24-09-2008, 22:51
But he can learn, and I'm sure he's making the effort... we all saw how many members were glad he decided to come back...

it's just a matter of not feeling the need to reply to every single post, in every single thread, and always trying to come out victorious... sometimes we just need to read, sometimes just add one little note, and sometimes just type exactly what we think on a particular subject...

we're not here in a contest, and I think GC sees it a bit like we were...:swars:

I am with you here, SANT, and I am relieved that I am not alone. I think that Giancarlo is a genuine kid (but he should grow up) and that he can learn (but he better do it quickly).

And Giancarlo, I hope that you take this advice from me, a person that has publicly defended you a few times: if you ask the mods to go ahead and ban you, you leave them no choice but to "go ahead and ban you." That was very stupid of you to do that. Not to forget that the mods have actually been helping you, or trying to do so.

I don't agree with kastriot (sorry, man. :sagrin::respect:) that the forum would be better off without you. I agree with SANT that we all need to read, and I personally don't write much (I am very busy and not good at writing) and but I do read a lot, as I think it benefits me to know what other people think. And what exactly is the point of having to win every argument?

I hope that you won't take this ban personally and do decide to stay, and that you learn a lesson which would benefit you. Also, instead of making passionate statements in your posts (which we all do from time to time, but you seem to do it all the time :)), try supporting your own words/opinions with data or fact, or even with humor. I don't think that you are disrepectful. You are just a kid, but a kid eventually needs to grow up, and the faster, the better.

This forum is a very nice place to hang out and we can only be thankful that all the hard-working mods are making it happen. I have been reading since its beginning year, though I don't have many posts, and the fact that I am still here should have told you clearly that it is a place that you, as a milan fan, don't want to leave. I actually visit this forum every single day and check out "new posts" everyday, no matter how busy I am.

I sincerely hope that you will find a way to get along with others, because this is important FOR YOU. Definitely no more "I am leaving this place" statement, only to be followed by your own "I am back" half a day later. OK? If you are really vexed sometimes, try ignoring them and cool yourself down and maybe come back in one or two days. If you want to fight back, at least do it with humor.

Jeff
24-09-2008, 22:58
Xudong, you wrote extremely well. - J

SANT
25-09-2008, 01:35
Xudong, you wrote extremely well. - J

haha, yeah, guess he should try to do it a bit more often :grinser:

Giancarlo, as Xudong says, give it time and you'll see this forum is a great and unique place... sure, there's people from all over the world, and you'll be lucky if you ever meet any of us in person (actually I probably drive by your area every other week) but you might, and you can make a genuine friend, in person or in the distance... and learn from everybody, and teach some...

You may be surprised that, while many forums immediately jump someone from another team who appears in their team's forum, here we made good friends with... guys from Celtic Glasgow for example... simply because they come in peace, wanting to share thoughts, and even their passion but never confronted anyone...

or one of our best posters ever (in my humble opinion) Tony29 is a juventino... I personally mocked him at first because the 29 in his nickname was because of that scudetto that soon after was taken from them in calciopoli... but we all appreciate him because of his contribution to the forum.... everything he says, he supports it with data, number, facts, and then a little bit of personal opinion.

Trust me, stay, read, post, even argue, just make sure you do it the same way you'd do it with your best friend... even if for a moment that's just a faceless person typing it from the other side of the world.

Debs
25-09-2008, 08:16
You know, to me it's one thing to post a public apology for your actions or posts, as Giancarlo did in this forum just a couple weeks ago. But it's another thing entirely to apologize, claim it's b/c you are such a fervent fan, and then go around posting in a rdue manner anyway. Nothing sincere about it, if you want my opinion.

But add to that the fact that other posters are complaining, and we have an issue to deal with. Do we ignore someone who is here to make waves and be rude? Do we ignore complaints of other posters? We have rules here, we expect people to treat each other with respect. How many more people have to leave b/c they feel the "atmosphere" here isn't a good one? And how do you get the message across to someone who behaves "badly" and then denies it when called on it?

Yes, MAYBE he can learn. The problem is what I've seen so far isn't convincing me of this at all. When you are warned, that should tell you you are doing something that is not acceptable, and maybe it should dawn on you that something in the way you post needs to change.

Russo-Neri
25-09-2008, 15:50
Let's call it like it is. This "kid" is 23 I think according to his myspace. Certainly old enough to be at least a bit more respectful. COUNTLESS times has he "threatened" to leave this site voluntarily for all the alleged wrongs he was forced to endure by the rest of us posters. Funny how we all pick on him. What is our problem?!? ;)

Then Milan lose their first two games and he starts a thread saying that he's going to leave for good because he can't handle how Milan are playing. Like a child who didn't get his toy, he's refusing to eat his dinner. Now he starts a thread about why he was banned. This young man acts like a spoiled child and I don't feel that MM should be a place to help "kids" develop into civilized adults. Personally I, as a respectful poster, AM TIRED OF ALL THE DRAMA QUEEN NONSENSE. I applaud the mods for dealing with the situation and hope he gets a lifetime ban.

And I'm really at a loss for how anyone can defend this "kid" who obviously has severe social issues.

drucurl
25-09-2008, 16:05
Never mind them Giancarlo, they just don't like you :p155:....real friends don't ban each other.... I never banned you did I? :dontkn:.......actually given the way they treated you they might all be undercover Inter fans
:guw:

Blacktop
25-09-2008, 16:31
Let's call it like it is. This "kid" is 23 I think according to his myspace. Certainly old enough to be at least a bit more respectful. COUNTLESS times has he "threatened" to leave this site voluntarily for all the alleged wrongs he was forced to endure by the rest of us posters. Funny how we all pick on him. What is our problem?!? ;)

Then Milan lose their first two games and he starts a thread saying that he's going to leave for good because he can't handle how Milan are playing. Like a child who didn't get his toy, he's refusing to eat his dinner. Now he starts a thread about why he was banned. This young man acts like a spoiled child and I don't feel that MM should be a place to help "kids" develop into civilized adults. Personally I, as a respectful poster, AM TIRED OF ALL THE DRAMA QUEEN NONSENSE. I applaud the mods for dealing with the situation and hope he gets a lifetime ban.

And I'm really at a loss for how anyone can defend this "kid" who obviously has severe social issues.
All I can say is, right on.

Makes no sense whatsoever that he's banned and then immediately let right back on the boards with another username.

Reza
25-09-2008, 17:17
I have no idea where 'let right back on the boards' comes from...

As for banning those who re-register after they have posted again (like banning GiancarloC) that is almost always done immediately and if you see exceptions its because we want to see how it goes, I insist on being lenient when possible.

Jeff
25-09-2008, 17:41
Makes no sense whatsoever that he's banned and then immediately let right back on the boards with another username.

I do not know how you think that we let him right back on the boards wit another username. I think that what you say is very insensible. Due to technical issue, it's not always possible to ban the person and monitor closely of his re-registration.

As a matter of fact, GianCarlo will be banned from MM forever.

J

Jeff
25-09-2008, 17:46
This thread is done. I have banned GianCarloC. All his posts are deleted. If he keeps re-registering, we'll keep banning.

I think this post will serve as a good reminder why we all want to be respectful of each other. And a good case for new members to see that we are serious.

As a matter of fact, we have banned individuals who are excellent members/posters but got into political/religious discussions that went way out of hand. Though we hated to ban them, we did eventually.

Rule is rule, and there are some rules you should never break.