View Full Version : Rashid Al Maktum wants a 40% stake in Milan
Hasan Rossonero
02-06-2009, 08:11
There are rumours in tgcom.it and milannews.it that Rashid Al Maktum wants a 40% stake in Milan, worth 600 million euros. That would, of course, mean that Milan's price is an implausible 1 billion euros.
However, it was Milano Finanza who ran the story, and I don't know if they're reliable.
What do you guys think? Do you think Berlusconi's denials in the past few days were genuine? Would you guys be happy? Should I have started a thread? Am I losing it?
Christian
02-06-2009, 09:22
Well according to forbes (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html) Milan was worth an estimated 990M$, I'm not sure what the exchange rate between Euro's and USD is, but I imagine the USD is worth quite a bit less then the euro.
I read the story aswell, and apparently Rashid Al Maktum had been sitting next to Galliani against Palermo a couple of months back.
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 09:32
If I am Berlu, I will spend big this summer one players like CR7, Essien/Diarra, Benzema and Santacroce. That way Milan will worth much much much more. Lets say 40% is worth about 400Mil Euro, and if Berlu spend 100Mil or so on those four players, Milan's worth will increase thus 40% of Milan will probably worth 600Mil or more. Pretty good business in a few months of hard work
i'd be happy for a complete takeover from these guys they tried to buy liverpool a few years ago and seem savvy in comparison to the owners of man city. it was great having berlusconi as owner when millionaires owned football clubs. but now billionaires run things in football.
also i think this guy has some shares in another of berlusconis businesses.
ACMILAN1983
02-06-2009, 09:55
I believe Berlu has already rejected these rumours (read something on goal.com about it).
You are talking about increasing the level of performance in a department where we are already strong. In attack we have some of the best players in the world when it comes to the attacking skills they possess.
In midfield we can with success make a signing on a defensive midfielder. And there can be succeeded a number of 3-4 strong players in defence, which hopefully will meet the requirements of our needs which is fast physically strong players that will match the need in Serie A and in CL. I want at least 2 defenders that are 24 years old or younger.
To say that we need strikers or offensive midfielders when we have Ronaldinho, Pato, Sheva, Kaka, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Borriello is saying we need 8 players for 3 positions.
Gabriel489
02-06-2009, 10:08
WEll, Seedorf and Sheva are leaving.
And Pippo and Borriello to me are question marks
I believe Berlu has already rejected these rumours (read something on goal.com about it).
i believe veronica lario when it comes to berlusconis rejections :wan:
To see this dollar sign in the same sentence with AC Milan is unnatural. When I see AC Milan, I see Milan as a loving caring wonderful family with warm and united feelings for each other, the club and the game itself.
Not something you can buy for money.
If I am Berlu, I will spend big this summer one players like CR7, Essien/Diarra, Benzema and Santacroce. That way Milan will worth much much much more. Lets say 40% is worth about 400Mil Euro, and if Berlu spend 100Mil or so on those four players, Milan's worth will increase thus 40% of Milan will probably worth 600Mil or more. Pretty good business in a few months of hard work
To be honest I don't follow your logic economicly, compagnies that invest heavily aren't worth more.
In short I have two major problems with this:
one if you buy players like you say have to make debts somewhere and if you want to know the value of the firm you must keep this in mind to. (How rich are you when you have 3 milion on your bankaccount but you owe the bank 4 million?)
second becoz you make the capital of the firm bigger the revenues of the stock will be lower. Most people buy share for the revenue and that will be lower even if incomes rises when we win the Scudetto.
Truth is if Berlu really would want to sell on an price that is as high as possible I would have to say he should to the exact opposite, sell Kaka to the highest bidder.
If players are assest, like machines (allthough I'm not sure they are) he is worth in our books the amount we paid for him and that's peanuts considering he has been here for so long aswel what makes that sum to depreciate even more.
I remember that's why Lazio had to sell nesta, he came out of the youth system so he was praticly worth nothing in their books. When he got sold that large sum of extra cash saved Lazio from banckrupcy.
That's also explains why inter and milan bought so much players of each other nine years back. I think in 2 seasons about 10 players changed teams.
However milan is worth whatever the sjeik want to pay of course ;)
In my eyes he can't pay enough, milan is priceles
Graeme C
02-06-2009, 16:21
I got a call from my dad at lunchtime. He works for a "well known" bank in London, and they got all financial imformation about the deal. "they" think the deal will go through as 400m for 40% is a lot more than the shares are actually worth. Belusconi is struggling financially...
Hasan Rossonero
02-06-2009, 16:42
@Dev
Berlusconi denied the reports before today's rumours.
I really hope this goes through and Berlusconi leaves.
Rossoneri Fuego
02-06-2009, 18:52
god i hope your right so we can start bullying fools again and cement our place with europes big boys again
Graeme C
04-06-2009, 14:39
one thing i have been thinking about. What if one of the take over conditions is that they buy 40% of a debt free Milan? This could be the main reason behind the Kaka deal.
Every club has debt, but its just how much debt each club can manage. Maybe fifa should start putting a clause on the champ league saying clubs cant be in so much debt before entering..
Of course that's a possibility but it wouldn't require the games he is playing, "decide on Monday", "his choice too", etc
No investor in their right mind would allow Berlusconi to sell Kaka before they go ahead and buy the club. Right now there are three reasons why the club is as attractive as the Premiership sides:
1.The history and stature we have around Europe
2.Kaka
2.Pato
Take away any of those and people from the other side of the world who have no bias towards Milan (as we do) wouldnt pay anywhere near the figures we have been hearing.
Berlu doesnt want to sell, he wants to do what Moggi did at Juve. It is upto the Milan fans to carry on their message of non support for Berlusconi in elections. That is the real reason why Berlusconi has started talking positvely, unless its just the fake calm before the very real storm!
GilAttack [11]
04-06-2009, 21:22
Sorry, these Dubai guys dont even know who Pato is.
Now, Kaka is a different story.
And we are Milan, of course. Here you can build your dream squad, you wouldnt face the problems City and Portsmouth are facing while attracting top players.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.