View Full Version : AC Milan for sale!
Telelombardia (tv in Lombardy (Milano)) reports that Silvio Berlusconi is going to sell AC Milan. Allegedly until 2011 the whole club will belong to a new owner. The names of potential buyers: Michele Ferrero (wealth - 11 billions €), Rezart Taci - albanian oil king, Milan fan and sheik al Maktoum - UAE, hideously rich.
I hope Al Maktoom doesn't get you guys :D
Anyways, I do hope Italian clubs, at least the majority remain under Italian ownership
I hope so too, that's why I am a strong supporter of Ferrero candidacy. At a pinch Rezart Taci can buy Milan, he's ok and eager to invest in Italian football. But there is one rub - Taci already owns the majority stake at Bologna.
ElJaffacakeo
06-09-2009, 06:51
Michele Ferrero as he is Italian. Didnt make much of the Gaddafi rumors :S
Gaddafi? That dictator from Libia? No way! Al Maktoum would be better than this guy...
Id love Al Maktoum to buy us!
Are the rumors legit? Did someone confirm this?
hitmannq8
06-09-2009, 10:33
I dont believe these rumours for a second.
But obviously, even though an Italian owner would be best, trust me, you guys don't know Al-Maktoum well enough...he is what we all really want.
ElJaffacakeo
06-09-2009, 11:39
Gaddafi? That dictator from Libia? No way! Al Maktoum would be better than this guy...
Yep. It was a rumor i picked up on last week then that was followed by a denial a few days later - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11863_5537884,00.html
Either way, Berlu must go. But we want someone that will listen to the manager and his needs, none of this "yes man" crap. Milan need players that are "Milan Minded" (yes i got it from Celtic) and not journey men, players that currently make up the Man City team. Im not Italian but i would like the new owner to be Italian. If he is gonna be another Berlusconi then we dont want him. Someone like the Yanks that own Man United would be good - they give SAF the money and he trots off down to the supermarket.
"Milan Minded"
Hah what a funny expression, I love it ;)
A lot of people can say that Milan is not for sale and my topic is a mere rumour, but look at this. It's an interview with an Italian expert in finance, and he says very clearly that Milan is for sale. More and more things argue in favour of that. The sale of Kaka (money used to balance the account) is a classic preperation to a change of an owner. The only question is - Who will be the next president of AC Milan? -
"Milan in vendita. Gli acquirenti saranno arabi o libici"
Intervista realizzata dal portale cnrmedia.com a Luca Di Liddo
Fonte: cnrmedia.com
C'è fermento in casa Milan. Indiscrezioni su Finivest, holding della famiglia Berlusconi, in trattativa per cedere la società al leader libico Gheddafi. In precedenza le voci volevano un acquirente arabo come interessato a rilevare le quote di maggioranza del Milan. Spunta anche un'ipotesi azionariato popolare. Per Luca Di Liddo, analista finanziario socio dell'Associazione italiana degli analisti finanziari, questa ultima formula è la più difficile da realizzare. Mentre apre alla possibile cessione del Milan.
Da qualsi segnali possiamo capire che la società di via Turati è in vendita?
Dopo la campagna acquisti dell'estate è chiaro che la proprietà vuole vendere il Milan. I soldi rientrati dalla vendite come quella di Kakà non sono stati reinvestiti per ricapitalizzare la società. Questa è la classica strategia che utilizzano gli imprenditori quando mettono la società sul mercato per venderla.
Quali parametri bisogna prendere in considerazione per valutare quanto vale il Milan?
La società Milan è valutata su valori immateriali. Non certo in base al bilancio effettivo, che è chiuso con valori negativi. I parametri sono dunque quelli della notorietà del marchio e del ritorno di immagine sui mass media. Perciò si utilizzano giudizi e stime diverse da quelle normalmente utilizzate sui mercati finanziari.
Si parla di una cifra vicina agli 800 milioni di euro. E' una stima attendibile?
Una stima di 800 milioni di euro è possibile. Il patrimonio dei giocatori è stimabile in quella valutazione. Se il Milan dovesse vendere tutti i suoi tesserati facilmente potrebbe arrivare a quella cifra.
Arabi o libici nel futuro rossonero?
Potrebbero essere gli arabi, come hanno già fatto in Inghilterra e che vogliono entrare nel business del calcio italiano con i loro capitali. Potrebbero anche essere i libici visti gli ultimi stretti legami con l'Italia. Ricordiamoci che la Libia è già entrata nel capitale della Juventus e anche in quello del Perugia.
Quali contro indicazioni avrebbe un investimento di questi soggetti?
Meglio un imprenditore tifoso come Massimo Moratti all'Inter o come il primo Silvio Berlusconi al Milan. Questo perché bisogna continuare a investire per vincere. Altrimenti succede come al Chelasea con Roman Abramovich, che rispetto ai primi anni ha tagliato di molto gli investimenti.
Si è parlato anche di azionariato popolare da parte dei tifosi. Si può fare?
L'azionariato popolare è possibile solo se la società apre a questo tipo di investimento. Il Milan non è una società per azioni e non è possibile lanciare un Opa, l'offerta pubblica di acquisto, sul mercato finanziario. Dal basso, cioè dai tifosi, può arrivare la richiesta alla società di vendere, che però essendo un soggetto privato decide se aprirsi a un'offerta di questo genere. Per l'azionariato popolare è necessario che i tifosi, o chi ha interesse nell'investire nella società Milan, si mettano insieme nominando un rappresentante legale che formalizza l'offerta alla Fininvest che controlla la società di via Turati.
Che problemi porterebbe un investimento da parte dei tifosi?
Il problema di questo tipo di azionariato è che bisogna continuare a investire e non è possibile per i tifosi continuare a ricapitalizzare la società. Serve sempre una figura di riferimento, un azionista di maggioranza, capace di pompare nuova liquidità nelle casse del club. Come succed ein Spagna con il Real Madrid e il Barcellona.
Oh no, one of financial journalists confirmed on Telelombardia, that Berlusconi is going to sell 35% of Milan to Colonel Gaddafi, Libia's dictator.. But minority stake is just the beginning...
Rossoneri Fuego
06-09-2009, 20:00
this will seriously be f'd up if kadafi buys this club i wish regan would have killed him
ginoformaggino
07-09-2009, 05:16
Si parla di una cifra vicina agli 800 milioni di euro. E' una stima attendibile?
Una stima di 800 milioni di euro è possibile. Il patrimonio dei giocatori è stimabile in quella valutazione. Se il Milan dovesse vendere tutti i suoi tesserati facilmente potrebbe arrivare a quella cifra.
even if I like QSVS, I don't know who this expert is, but I have a little doubt because there is a phrase in his speech which has no credibility:
"Se il Milan dovesse vendere tutti i suoi tesserati facilmente potrebbe arrivare a quella cifra." = If the Milan should sell all his members easily could arrive at that sum. =
800.000.000 divided 30 players = 26.666.666 periodic. Do you really believe that Kaladze could be sold for 26 mil. €.? After his last double exploit? Also Dida, 26 mil.?
I continue to doubt, as also for the honesty of Berlusconi. :p1510:
ACMILAN1983
07-09-2009, 07:36
Latest rumours I'm aware of is Gaddafi seems most likely to buy 35% of the club. It would continue the current trend of one nightmare after another.
However, it does seem Taci, Al Maktoum and Ferrero are also decent possibilities. I would like Al Maktoum personally as he would be the one most likely to set us up with an owned stadium on top of investments to the squad. It is imperative we own a stadium nowerdays as it's a major source of income. With Juve, Fiorentina and maybe Inter all now looking more and more likely to get their own stadiums, we could fall well behind.
Filipéz 182
07-09-2009, 08:17
Ferrero for me, I want milan in to be in italian hands, not in the hands of some sheikh or dictator.
ElJaffacakeo
07-09-2009, 08:51
Ferrero for me, I want milan in to be in italian hands, not in the hands of some sheikh or dictator.
Here here.
I can see some racism slipping into the thread, whether it is intentional or unintentional.
Comparing a sheikh to a dictator is an extreme view. Personally, I would prefer a Sheikh over a corrupt over aged Italin playboypolitician whose children hate their money being invested.
And I prefer the colour of green, so I prefer the Sheikh for obvious reasons.
ACMILAN1983
07-09-2009, 10:06
I don't think anyone compared a sheikh and dictator if I'm honest.
I "vote" for Ferraro.
He's born in Ogliani, where in Italy is that?
1) He's italian
2) He makes chocolate, sweet!
Graeme C
07-09-2009, 12:52
I can see some racism slipping into the thread, whether it is intentional or unintentional.
Comparing a sheikh to a dictator is an extreme view. Personally, I would prefer a Sheikh over a corrupt over aged Italin playboypolitician whose children hate their money being invested.
And I prefer the colour of green, so I prefer the Sheikh for obvious reasons.
Mate i think they were calling Gaddafi a dictator. I cant say I would be comfortable with him taking over.. considering he sponsored terrorism, and the current situation with compensation for IRA victims... I would be discusted if I saw him at Milan games.. Same if i saw Mugabe.. its something we dont want to be associated with..
I would prefer the Sheikh to take a stake in the club. If the rumours are to be true then Emirates are to be our sponsors from next year it would make sense if he did take a 30% share of the club. I would still prefer Ferrero though but it just depends how much of a share Belusconi is willing to sell, if not all the club.
Corriere dello Sport reports today that Milan will - probably - sell the minority stake (35%) at the beginning of 2010. This is connected with the necessity of closing the balance for this year, that will happen on 31. December.
The pretenders to enter Milan are sheikh Al Maktoum (Fly Emirates) and entrepreneur Rezart Taci from Albania.
---
Personally I'm in favour of such solution. Berlusconi will keep power, and Milan will have new source of money. They could buy Fabregas at last ;D
Lebanese
07-09-2009, 16:22
I "vote" for Ferraro.
He's born in Ogliani, where in Italy is that?
1) He's italian
2) He makes chocolate, sweet!
And he is 74 I mean come on we don't need any of those sugar daddy, you obviously need money but we also need a man to follow the team closely, be there at away games, often follow team in progress, I love the attitude of Chelsea owner, though he is impatient.
With a dedicated owner we should be proud again of beingvthe most decorated club on planet, we are looking for heavy reinforcements.
I think with new owner we should have no problem picking where we left off but I kinda feel sorry for our current Milan since we need a whole squad apart from silva, flamini, pato, huntelaar and januarys non euro player depending on who he is, if the take over happened this summer it means Milan can be seriously cosidered a threat in 2011-2012.
We need a new stadium, hopefully the new owner will start building on this new stadium.
This take over will do serie A and Italian football a big favor in general, it's only us whocan get Italy sone glory in champions league :d.
Anyways to have 3 head to head teams competing on the title is really beautiful,
With new strong Milan, Juventus, Inter, Roma, Genoa, Fiorentina, Napoli and Palermo that's the best stiff leauge you can dream to have.
I really want Milan to be sold because honestly lately I kinda feel like quit watching football. For me it's Milan or never.
Roche, Ben maktoom, the albanian are a good choice but honestly since we already have a dictator you shouldnot really care who comes next, enough of acting like we know nothing about life, money is something and personal life and politics are totally different things, I wouldnot care if moratti comes up and say I will buy Milan as long as he is going to make milan great again, make Milan the team that you are scared to face even in you best days.
Before we used to suck at league sometimes(2nd behind juve) but in Europe everybody wouldnot want to play against us and now we are kinda Basel, dynamo Kiev and rapid vienna.
LIFE IS FUNNY, forza Milan
I'm pretty sure Taci will be buying into the club. Remember, he was about to buy Bologna, and after talks with Berlusconi, pulled out. And then he comes out in the press after the Huntelaar purchase and uses the word "We" when speaking about Milan.
Our friends from Italy, am I on the mark or no?
Filipéz 182
08-09-2009, 01:20
and look at the taci oil website! this guy must be a milan fan :D
maybe he could also be a good option!
http://www.taci-oil.com/al/index.html
Filipéz 182
08-09-2009, 01:22
I can see some racism slipping into the thread, whether it is intentional or unintentional.
Comparing a sheikh to a dictator is an extreme view. Personally, I would prefer a Sheikh over a corrupt over aged Italin playboypolitician whose children hate their money being invested.
And I prefer the colour of green, so I prefer the Sheikh for obvious reasons.
I dont think anyone compared a sheikh with a dictator...
Very interesting, Filipez. You really have to wonder whether the guy has already bought some stakes in our club. Doesnt make sense to put Milan up on his business website if he's just a casual fan...
Ah, just translated the site into English. So apparently they're one of our "business partners". Hmm, but still the way Milan's been promoted in the website, seems more than just that...OH well..
ACMILAN1983
08-09-2009, 03:44
I might be wrong but I think Taci already had a stake in the club.
even if I like QSVS, I don't know who this expert is, but I have a little doubt because there is a phrase in his speech which has no credibility:
"Se il Milan dovesse vendere tutti i suoi tesserati facilmente potrebbe arrivare a quella cifra." = If the Milan should sell all his members easily could arrive at that sum. =
800.000.000 divided 30 players = 26.666.666 periodic. Do you really believe that Kaladze could be sold for 26 mil. €.? After his last double exploit? Also Dida, 26 mil.? I continue to doubt, as also for the honesty of Berlusconi. :p1510:
This interview isn't connected with QSVS ;) Di Loria - Italian financial expert - suggest's the overall price of AC Milan is 800 000 000 €. But I believe he doesn't has in mind players only from the first squad. There're also Primavera, Berretti, Allievi Nazionali, Giovanissimi Regionali teams. And if someone is to buy AC Milan, he has to purchase Milanello as well, because it is the property of the club.
I might be wrong but I think Taci already had a stake in the club.
He owns the majority stake at Bologna... But I think that this does not exclude him from entering AC Milan. Bologna doesn't need big inputs of money, it is a mediocre team. Unlike Milan...
Ferrero for me, I want milan in to be in italian hands, not in the hands of some sheikh or dictator.
That gave me the impression you were putting a sheikh and Ghadaffi in the same bracket. Forgive me if Im wrong.
I really hope Berlu sells the club. Seems that in recent times he isn't much interested in spending, and I'd much rather have a new (ITALIAN) owner that's going to spend huge money to save the team, rather than be faced with the reality that in a couple of years this club will be ruled by Berlu's son who doesn't give a damn about the red and black colors.
Blacktop
08-09-2009, 17:37
That gave me the impression you were putting a sheikh and Ghadaffi in the same bracket. Forgive me if Im wrong.
I think you're reading too much into that post.
devoted_dm
08-09-2009, 18:24
This just makes so much sense to me. The sale of Kaka, the lack of spending on the market... they're making sure the club does not have debt before it's sold to a new owner. Brilliant! :D
But why? Clubs like Chelsea were riddled with debt before a new owner came in. If the new owner really has big money to spend, then so what about the debt. They should be able to come in and "rescue" the club and provide additional funds. I think with what Berlu is doing, it's a combination of senility and trying to prove that he can win without having to spend big money and that he can still win by being financially responsible and ultimately he'll want to prove that he can win while pocketing profits from Milan. This will only work if the rest of the world follow the same rules. With clubs able to get funds from any source and build squads, this philosophy will only set us back---as we have seen. From UCL champions 2 years ago, to not even being in contention this time round.
devoted_dm
09-09-2009, 04:07
But why? Clubs like Chelsea were riddled with debt before a new owner came in. If the new owner really has big money to spend, then so what about the debt. They should be able to come in and "rescue" the club and provide additional funds. .
Yeah, but won't Berlusconi get more money for the club if there's no debt when he sells it?
Blacktop maybe I was.
For me, Berlu will either sell completely or not at all. If all he was going to do was sell shares then why not do that and keep Kaka.
So, regardless of whether he keeps or sells Milan I would be pretty worried about losing Pato right now.
ginoformaggino
09-09-2009, 04:58
This interview isn't connected with QSVS ;)
I think it's :rolleyes:
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=11673
Di Loria - Italian financial expert - suggest's the overall price of AC Milan is 800 000 000 €. But I believe he doesn't has in mind players only from the first squad. There're also Primavera, Berretti, Allievi Nazionali, Giovanissimi Regionali teams.
don't make laugh, please be serious. :w155:
And if someone is to buy AC Milan, he has to purchase Milanello as well, because it is the property of the club.
He referred to the value of the players.
Milanello is a great structure, but that expert didn't say our sport center is the bigger part for the 800 mil., only in that way he would have been a lot more credible.
I yearn for the old Milan :firedev:
johncharles365
09-09-2009, 05:52
milan high valuation reflects the brand name of the club and the large size of the international fan base, if you were to value the first team the youth team training grounds and the sports/medical centres you would lucky to get a valuation of 350 million euros. the new owner affectively would need to invest some serious additional funds firstly to buy new player and secondly to improve the corporate functions of the club and san siro.
I think it's :rolleyes:
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=11673
He referred to the value of the players.
Milanello is a great structure, but that expert didn't say our sport center is the bigger part for the 800 mil., only in that way he would have been a lot more credible.
Di Loria talked to cnmedia.com, not to qsvs... I like qsvs at I wil defend it at all cost. :5ok:
This is not about Di Loria, because Milan is for sale. And many sources suggest ACM value is about 800 000 000 €. This is a fact.
We - and that includes any prospective new owner or shareholder - should all be happy if we are debt free but there is no way a team is more attractive to a buyer without its biggest star(s). Selling Kaka doesn't make a team better off the field either, its nice for the bankers may be but to a seller or buyer no.
People own sports franchises for the prestige, not to make money. Thus, whether or not AC Milan has debt (and there is no way that any franchise has no debt--it can be made to look as if it has less debt with creative accounting, of course--it is the nature of the type of business it is) is immaterial. Anyone who has the means and the wherewithall will not care one iota about taking on debt, since the fringe benefits outweigh the bad aspects. Why do you think anyone would buy and keep a money loser in the first place? You get the image boost, the name recognition, the ego boost and the ability to share in any sporting successes. That's why Berlusconi bought and hangs on to AC Milan, and why his kids might not want it after he has grabbed his last piece. Someone else will surely want the club when they are ready to sell, but there's no way Sr. B is giving all that "love" up. As long as his other businesses and graft keep money coming in, just owning a name like AC Milan is more than enough ego stroking, performance on the field be damned. He ain't selling the team and this is just an example of people being taken for a fun ride by the fourth estate...again.
Gabriel489
10-09-2009, 05:19
The thing about the debt is simple.
If Berlu wants to sell, he will earn money money by having Milan debt free. IE: If Milan is sold at 800mil but with a 200mil debt, then Berlu would have only receive 600mil.
But if he wants to sell shares of the club, then keeping Kaka is a much better deal than selling him off and then selling shares.
I can see how some of you are saying Milan should be own by Italians...but why? If the new owner had been a Milan fan and is willing to make MIlan into a true powerhouse, who cares if he is not Italian? To me, by saying that Milan should own by Italians is really the same as saying Milan Italian fans are at a much higher level than non-Italian fans.
devoted_dm
10-09-2009, 07:06
Galliani has once again stated that the club is not for sale.
Milan should be bought over by somebody COMPETENT who will act in the interests of the club and keep in competitive. I've had enough of Berlusconi now after this fiasco. For all he's done for the club in the past, he has ruined it over the course of the past few transfer seasons.
ElJaffacakeo
14-09-2009, 07:29
People own sports franchises for the prestige, not to make money. Thus, whether or not AC Milan has debt (and there is no way that any franchise has no debt--it can be made to look as if it has less debt with creative accounting, of course--it is the nature of the type of business it is) is immaterial. Anyone who has the means and the wherewithall will not care one iota about taking on debt, since the fringe benefits outweigh the bad aspects. Why do you think anyone would buy and keep a money loser in the first place? You get the image boost, the name recognition, the ego boost and the ability to share in any sporting successes. That's why Berlusconi bought and hangs on to AC Milan, and why his kids might not want it after he has grabbed his last piece. Someone else will surely want the club when they are ready to sell, but there's no way Sr. B is giving all that "love" up. As long as his other businesses and graft keep money coming in, just owning a name like AC Milan is more than enough ego stroking, performance on the field be damned. He ain't selling the team and this is just an example of people being taken for a fun ride by the fourth estate...again.
The unfortunate thing is, i believeyour right :(
Kind of new report today http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=677946&cc=5901
Albanian tycoon interested in buying AC Milan
Albanian businessman Rezart Taci has said he would be interested in buying a majority stake in AC Milan if owner Silvio Berlusconi decided to sell.
Taci, who was close to buying Bologna in the close season before the deal fell through, has been spotted meeting Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani but played down rumours of an immediate bid.
"It's not like that, at least in the short term. I don't think Berlusconi intends to sell the club. But both Berlusconi and Galliani know that if it is decided to sell a majority stake...my group is ready to buy," he told Sunday's Gazzetta Sportiva.
Milan, frugal in the recent transfer market and in stuttering form, have been consistently linked with Arab investors in the media but Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi has denied he wants to sell the seven-times European champions.
Jay Crisp
22-09-2009, 12:18
I don't know if Berlu will sell any of the club he is an ego maniacal selfish selfish man. However if he could sell 10 - 20 % and that enabled us to spend some money it wouldnt be a bad thing. But I cannot see Berlu selling anything while he is alive.
I still cannot believe that Berlu will sell the club. He is still rich, he is still powerful, and most importantly, he is still alive :), so really there is no logical reason why.
I think Berlu is trying to prove to the world that he can win without spending as much as others do, ie win while keeping the books balanced. Now I dont know what drove him to this madness, but maybe its the fact that he's spent like a maniac and won everything--maybe he wants a new challenge, maybe it's a bet with a hot 18 year old model :), who knows..
Hmmm... If all Milan fans in the world would chip in, could we collect enough money to buy out the club?
Gennaro Gattuso
23-09-2009, 04:28
Hmmm... If all Milan fans in the world would chip in, could we collect enough money to buy out the club?
there must be at least 20 000 000 of fans, everyone must give 50 euros and its ours :-):p283:
Hmmm... If all Milan fans in the world would chip in, could we collect enough money to buy out the club?
And then, who manages the club ?
And then, who manages the club ?
Galliani! hahahahaha!
Graeme C
23-09-2009, 16:29
I think he will have no option to do something eventually. I'm surprised that no-one here reported that this years season ticket totals were 68% of last year. First time in over 20 years that the number has dropped massively.
Considering this year it was arround 25k, last year we sold 40k.. The management have to take notice of that..
Graeme C
23-09-2009, 16:34
report from Goal.com
The Rossoneri have struggled for form on the field this season, and according to the latest reports, there are problems off it as well...
Sep 23, 2009 3:33:02 AM
Photo GalleryZoomMilan fans vs. Lione (Goal.com)
Related Links
Teams
Milan
Players
Kaká
Ronaldinho
Pressure at Milan is mounting from many angles than is traditionally expected from such a world-class side.
Coach Leonardo is under pressure by the Italian media to perform, there are talks of playmaker Ronaldinho retiring, as his best is behind him, and there is always the subject of why Kaka left for Real Madrid.
But one that has snuck up is that Milan members have not renewed their memberships from last season, and the club has lost approximately 15,000 paid-up fans, according to TMW.
The 2008/09 season saw Milan sign 41,606 subscribers, and the year before 42,179.
But this year, only 25,984 have joined the Rossoneri bandwagon, 15,622 less than this time last season. It is also the lowest membership figure registered under the presidency of Silvio Berlusconi.
It has only been three times in Berlusconi's 25 years at the helm that Milan has dropped under 40,000 members: 36,624 in 1985/86, 37,297 in 2006/07 and 39,489 in 1998/99.
The Italian giants take on Udinese on Wednesday night.
No surprises at all. If I were a season ticket holder, I'd never renew after management sell our best player and sit still the whole summer. As I keep saying, I don't think money is the issue----Berlu has plenty of it, more than many other so-called rich club owners. I don't really think the fact that he is PM is that big of a deal either, in the sense that he was PM before and still heavily invested in ACM, and either way, why would you want to be unpopular with a club's (supported by other cities in Italy as well) supporters and be seen as a "loser" in domestic and international competitions? For a guy with an ego that size, it all seems illogical.
The only explanation I can think of is that Berlu has won everything by spending more than his opponents, maybe now he wants to show that he can win while keeping the accounts well balanced. Like a business, he can win while making a profit, whereas others win while posting big losses. I dont know....just my own personal thoughts.
So basically an experiment? 'I can win with profit'? Frankly he should just resign and sell the club for $1 if he is making the team even more of a toy than the usual 'rich owner' thing.
I am not one for too many blunt statements as those who know me can attest to...but the only benefit to having a rich owner is pretty much negated the way it is being run now so what's the point?
Warro Bantan
25-09-2009, 15:14
I agree Rez....its ridiculous what he is doing....or rather failing to do.
If he is trying to toe the line not yet drawn by UEFA/Platini re clubs being self-financing in order to gain entry into European competition, then he is shooting the club in the foot, as we certainly won't make 3rd/4th spot with the current side/situation.
Its illogical at best, and stupid at worst.
I'm not all that surprised. Berlu has always treated ACM like his own personal toy. Nothing has changed from that regard. For instance:
Why did we sign Ronaldinho, when we already had Kaka/Seedorf, and needed a strong targetman? Because Berlu wanted him.
Why did we not sign Ribery when Carlo made it clear that he wanted him for sporting reasons? Because Berlu did not want him.
Why did the signing of Cissokho break down? It's looking like Berlu didnt' want him.
Why did we hire Leonardo to take over from Ancelotti? You know the answer.
Was Leo appropriately qualified? You know the answer. But Berlu wanted him, so that's enough.
Point is, Milan has and will always be Berlu's toy. He does with it as he pleases and when that coincides with the needs of the club, then we do well, when it goes against our needs, then we do less well.
I will not be surprised at all that Berlu is using Milan to showcase the world how he will build a successful club that runs on its own finances and even makes a profit. I am convinced that is why he sold Kaka---to "balance the books". Problem is, if the rest of the footballing world don't follow the same rules, and continue to have unlimited finances, we're only going to fall further behind.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/09/30/1531755/silvio-berlusconi-blasts-disastrous-milan
That's a great statement Berlu
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/09/30/1531755/silvio-berlusconi-blasts-disastrous-milan
That's a great statement Berlu
Nice, so he is back to reality. I hope he's gonna do something about it though.
Finnally he said something normal. Lets see if he will DO something good for Milan now. I can understand that he cantinvest when Italia is in crisis, but he can invest "outside investors" money. Which dont even need to excist :)
Seriousely, maybe Milan gets some money from outside and sells secretly some parts of the club. There are stil good players who can help us and can be bought in january: VdV, Rafinha. maybe Santacroce, Hernanes, Giuliano etc...
ACMILAN1983
30-09-2009, 07:23
I don't think what Berlu said has any meaning to it at all. He calls it a disaster but until the moment he accepts that his policy of no investment and personal fantasies is why we're here I only think his biggest action will be to make Leo a scapegoat.
Warro Bantan
01-10-2009, 23:20
I posted this link in the Football as a business thread, but think its also applicable here....A cautionary tale with regard to selling the club: make sure the new owners really have money!!!
http://m.guardian.co.uk/?id=102202&story=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/01/portsmouth-sulaiman-al-fahim-player-wages
Gabriel489
02-10-2009, 01:53
Thats pretty interesting
i dont believe Qaddafi will put a penny in Milan,i dont believe he has any time or intrest in football ,even if ac milan was offerd free to him i dont think he cares!
but if Libyan investment money buys 35% of the club ii think it would be good for us for two reasons:
1-we will have alot of money in our hands as i am sure Berlusconi will sell the 35% for a very good deal.
2-the club will still be with the same identity,i want Berlusconi to stay but Galiani to leave "as i believe 100% the arrogant mistake of selling kaka was made by Galiani-the friend of Florintino Perez",i dont believe that berlusconi was behind it,Berlusconi was stupid and arrogant to believe that ronaldihno would replace kaka's absence,but im sure now berlusconi learned a lesson to not think he is super smartman anymore,and that he will stop his mad discusions.
in ac milan our club use to keep the big stars not sell them,ac milan use to bring players that have an ac milan character in them .the ac milan family was the only real family and thats where our sucess came from.
berlusconi started that family as i believe,yes he has messed up big time the past 2 years but i hope he looks back into hisself and makes the right deciosions with his milan mind and milan future.
i hope we dont become a new arsenal or manchester city.if we do............i'l better look for a premier leauge team to follow
Warro Bantan
02-10-2009, 12:30
There is an interesting article on theGuardian/football website today by Amy Lawrence, who writes that the Berlusconi family wants to sell...
As the economic strength of any buyer is of utmost importance (as in the case of the Portsmouth story), I only hope and pray that the purchaser not only wants the best for the club, but can actually afford to spend the money necessary for the club to continue to be a force both in Serie A, andthe UCL...
The dwindling level of investment by Berlu is a sure sign that all may not be well with Berlu's financial situation...as the recession is known to affect both the rich and the poor...and as long as Milan revamp their income structure (ie be more aligned with EPL clubs, in owning their own stadium etc), then combined with an owner willing to invest year-in, year out, knowing that he is putting money into a money pit, then fine, we should be able to get back to the top in short order.
As to jornazi"s post regarding supporting another club if we look like Arsenal or Man City, don't wait dude....go ahead and switch allegiance now.
Arsenal are publicly owned, Man City was bought by a Sheikh...personally I don't support Milan because of who owns the club, I support a club that I have grown to love like no other, for footballing reasons.
Fans who base allegiance on the ownership structure of a club, for me, shouldn't even call themselves fans....never thought I would use this term again, but I believe we can better refer to them as "Phans".
Finnally he said something normal. Lets see if he will DO something good for Milan now. I can understand that he cantinvest when Italia is in crisis, but he can invest "outside investors" money. Which dont even need to excist :)
Seriousely, maybe Milan gets some money from outside and sells secretly some parts of the club. There are stil good players who can help us and can be bought in january: VdV, Rafinha. maybe Santacroce, Hernanes, Giuliano etc...
I am hoping that we could somehow pass the CL group stage and when the re-registration window opens, we can add a few other names. but I doubt that it would make much difference. If I remember correctly, a team could only register 3 new names, and I am sure that Beckham will be one of them already. So you may buy a whole new team but you just can't use all of them in the CL.
And I think our Serie A campaign is over already.
I posted this link in the Football as a business thread, but think its also applicable here....A cautionary tale with regard to selling the club: make sure the new owners really have money!!!
http://m.guardian.co.uk/?id=102202&story=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/01/portsmouth-sulaiman-al-fahim-player-wages
lol
Sheik al Maktoum - UAE, is also struggling for money. UAE is currently being underwritten by Abu Dhabi ,the recession has hit UAE quite hard.
I think the lack of direction by Galliano has been the major contributing factor, why oh why didn’t we from awhile back start following the Arsenal way of doing business. We have a glamorous name and we can use this to attract talented youngsters from around the world and develop them thereby enabling us to compete at a high level and at an affordable cost . Right now we don't have any strategy, we are simply floating in space.
Warro Bantan
02-10-2009, 17:03
@ Iana: I think why Italian clubs in general, and Milan in particular don't follow the Arsenal model, (and Barca's as well) is mostly due to impatience...from both management and fans.
They both want instant success.
Neither set are willing to wait on youth to come of age, not when the demand is to win silverware like yesterday...
Look how long it has taken for Wenger to win anything, yet the fans and management were willing to wait, be patient, and support Wenger's strategy.
Barca have different issues, in that the ownership changes based on elections, but a similar situation evolved under Laporta's stweardship....they won a treble, with something like 7 youth products out of the 11 starters.
That will prob (unfortunately) never happen with Milan, though now is as good a time as any to rebuild with youth as the focus.
@ Iana: I think why Italian clubs in general, and Milan in particular don't follow the Arsenal model, (and Barca's as well) is mostly due to impatience...from both management and fans.
They both want instant success.
Neither set are willing to wait on youth to come of age, not when the demand is to win silverware like yesterday...
Look how long it has taken for Wenger to win anything, yet the fans and management were willing to wait, be patient, and support Wenger's strategy.
Barca have different issues, in that the ownership changes based on elections, but a similar situation evolved under Laporta's stweardship....they won a treble, with something like 7 youth products out of the 11 starters.
That will prob (unfortunately) never happen with Milan, though now is as good a time as any to rebuild with youth as the focus.
I think you have a point regarding wanting success. But that does not mean we want instant success. But it is true to say a season without being there or thereabouts is a disappointment. Especially considering who we are and what has been achieved for the past 20 years.
However, Wenger is liked by the fans only as long as they are winning. The moment things go wrong their fans get the knives out. I have heard it a million times on phone ins here. The reason the management love him is because he picks up cheap/young players and sells them on for a healthy profit.
Regarding developing young players it is difficult to do when the pitch is uneven. EPL clubs (especially Arsenal) come in for young players who cannot have professional contracts in Spain/Italy. Macheda at Man utd is a prime example.
And also i do not think there is an abundance of talented italian players emerging.
As to jornazi"s post regarding supporting another club if we look like Arsenal or Man City, don't wait dude....go ahead and switch allegiance now.
Arsenal are publicly owned, Man City was bought by a Sheikh...personally I don't support Milan because of who owns the club, I support a club that I have grown to love like no other, for footballing reasons.
can you share the football reasons that u loved milan for?
I don't think you should question Warro's love for Milan tbh, as this will open up another war of words.
can you share the football reasons that u loved milan for?
In my own case, I love Milan for some football reasons to start with, but later on the love becomes blind. :)
Warro Bantan
03-10-2009, 11:22
Its not an issue really:
Simply put, I saw a black player, with dreadlocks, playing for the club, at a time in Jamaica when Rastas (the religous sect that started the Rastafarian religion, of which Bob Marley is an icon) were still being prosecuted and shunned by "proper" society...
Then I saw the football that he, and the team played, and never turned back. I became a Milan fan for those reasons...didn't even know who Berlusconi was, knew nothing except that if a club could have a Rasta as a star player, that would be the club I would support....this despite my father being an Arsenal fan, and growing up in an english ex-colony.
Another reason (non-footballing) is that Bob Marley played to a sold out, standing room only performance in the San Siro, which made headlines in JA...I will never forget those pictures.
I have never really "liked" Berlusconi, his personbality nor his politics...I don't look a "gift horse in the mouth" though, and appreciate what he has done for the club....however, its clear he has lost interest in, or the ability to, finance the club, and as a "money-pit", the club needs the extra monetary input to continue to remain on top.
Gabriel489
04-10-2009, 07:49
First of all, why does the ownership of a team affect your passion for your club.
I mean, do you see Man City fans switching to support ManU when that Sheih bought the team? Or Chelsea's fans supporting Arsenal b/c Roman bought the team?
I really don't know why some fans are against a non Italian ownership for Milan. And I said it before and saying it again. If you truly believe that Milan should be own by Italian ownership, to me it is the same as saying only Italians are worthy of being Milan fans.
Very true Gabriel. In the end of the day, all I want to see is a passionate owner who is willing to do all he can to make the club great again. Maybe the reason why people insist on Italian ownership may be because they want a new owner to have some knowledge about the club history, tradition, playing style, etc, etc...which really, with a club of our stature, even foreign owners will be very well aware...
report from Goal.com
The Rossoneri have struggled for form on the field this season, and according to the latest reports, there are problems off it as well...
Sep 23, 2009 3:33:02 AM
Photo GalleryZoomMilan fans vs. Lione (Goal.com)
Related Links
Teams
Milan
Players
Kaká
Ronaldinho
Pressure at Milan is mounting from many angles than is traditionally expected from such a world-class side.
Coach Leonardo is under pressure by the Italian media to perform, there are talks of playmaker Ronaldinho retiring, as his best is behind him, and there is always the subject of why Kaka left for Real Madrid.
But one that has snuck up is that Milan members have not renewed their memberships from last season, and the club has lost approximately 15,000 paid-up fans, according to TMW.
The 2008/09 season saw Milan sign 41,606 subscribers, and the year before 42,179.
But this year, only 25,984 have joined the Rossoneri bandwagon, 15,622 less than this time last season. It is also the lowest membership figure registered under the presidency of Silvio Berlusconi.
It has only been three times in Berlusconi's 25 years at the helm that Milan has dropped under 40,000 members: 36,624 in 1985/86, 37,297 in 2006/07 and 39,489 in 1998/99.
The Italian giants take on Udinese on Wednesday night.
As to jornazi"s post regarding supporting another club if we look like Arsenal or Man City, don't wait dude....go ahead and switch allegiance now.
Arsenal are publicly owned, Man City was bought by a Sheikh...personally I don't support Milan because of who owns the club, I support a club that I have grown to love like no other, for footballing reasons.
can you share the football reasons that u loved milan for?
The CL quarter final match against Ajax in 2003. i didn't know who berlusconi was then, and and even if i had known, it wouldn't have made any difference. cos that night, the emotions my then 12-year old heart felt at different points in the game, were really strong. The truth is, it doesn't matter who runs the club as long as they run it well. its just a shame, that the team doesn't give the fans much joy any longer and the management doesn't seem to be bothered. so if an Arab sheik, or Jewish consortium, or a Russian billionaire is willing to bring back the old days, they're welcome in my opinion.
hitmannq8
05-10-2009, 17:48
Interesting news:
apparently the court of justice in Italy has ordered Finninvest to pay 750 million euro as a fine for them bribing a judge in 1990. I'm not too sure whats going on with this topic, but it seems to be major and other Berlusconi companies seem to be involved as well such as Mediaset and Modanda (I dont know how to spell it, but its a magazine company).
more trouble for milan. this may, just may lead silvio to selling milan.
Warro Bantan
05-10-2009, 19:08
Interesting news:
apparently the court of justice in Italy has ordered Finninvest to pay 750 million euro as a fine for them bribing a judge in 1990. I'm not too sure whats going on with this topic, but it seems to be major and other Berlusconi companies seem to be involved as well such as Mediaset and Modanda (I dont know how to spell it, but its a magazine company).
more trouble for milan. this may, just may lead silvio to selling milan.
Hmmm....beginning of the end, or opportunity beckoning? :dontkn:
Thing is, Berlu has a "teflon" quality about him, and maybe if it goes to appeal etc etc, it might slide off him, and just evaporate into nothing....
Will the Italian people develop a sense of "righteous indignation" and seek to ensure he pays, or will they see him as persecuted and "forgive" this tresspass?
€750M is not pocket change, but smacks of a sum that may just be set because the judiciary know it will be bargained down to a fraction of the initial amount...
Further, as electronic media overtake the print version in terms of earnings and relevance, how are his print media companies coping with the transition?
It would be good for an Italian member (or alternately, an Italian speaking member) to give us some insight into Berlu's overall financial health, not only in terms of the aforementioned issue, but on how the recession is affecting his overall financial well being as well.
Indeed hitmann....this is a troubling issue, and could possibly be behind Berlu's reluctance to spend in the mercato, and possibly, the sale of Kaka....
What we really have to hope and pray for, as I have said before, (ad naseum) is that, if/when he sells, that he finds a buyer that really really has money, doesn't burden the club with the cost of the aquisition (a la Liverpool and Man U) and is also willing to spend said funds on the club.
The plot thickens...
Warro Bantan
05-10-2009, 21:55
Saw this link in the "Banter" thread, thought I would paste it here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/04/silvio-berlusconi-fininvest-cir-damages
Food for thought, especially regarding the public outcry....
hitmannq8
05-10-2009, 22:47
From what I remember, when Berlusconi got re-elected last, the first thing he did was put in a law so that he doesn't get prosecuted - can any Italians confirm this? and could they tell us whether or not this 750m prosecution will stand or not?
You're right Warro - this could mean Milan must be sold to a new investor, or if Berlusconi does not want to sell - we could be in deeper trouble than we were..
EDIT: this seems to be much bigger than I first thought..every news website has it on their main headline.. tomorrow it'll be all over the news. Berlusconi is in trouble --- I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not?
Rossoneri Fuego
06-10-2009, 02:33
this is massive notizia and its da il giornale!
Warro Bantan
06-10-2009, 03:16
Indeed hitmann, this is something to think about:
From what I understand he has put such self-protective legislation in place, but I'm not sure if that offers him "immunity" from this type of suit...not sure how Italian law works, and if there is a difference between criminal and civil cases as in the US, and as such, if he is protected from criminal, and not civil.... :dontkn:
Until we know more about the nature of the case, all we can do is speculate...plus, his daughter has come out to say that they will appeal...who knows, maybe the judge handling the appeal is in Berlu's pocket! :D
We have to wait and see how this unfolds...I for one will reserve judgement, and refrain from celebrating, or mourning, until the situation and probable outcomes become more clear.
Either we'll end up by investing 0 euro in the summer again, or we'll have new owners. Of course Im all for new owners since we sold Kaka' and we saw that things are over in here as far as normal managment is concerned.
Lets just hope possible new owners will invest properly ( as they would be taking a club that is not in red and has BALANCED ****ing BOOKS!) in a new team with 7-8 new players coz that is what we need.
Jay Crisp
06-10-2009, 03:43
Yeah initially I thought yes he has to sell , but after about 4 seconds of thinking I thought what if he doesn't sell or what if he wins on appeal . Berlu has dodged alot of bullets and to see him dodge this one will be nothing new.
On football-italia.net it said Rezart Taci is interested and not put off by a £680 million. Does anyone know anything about Taci I know he is Albanian and an oil tycoon and 38 , but how much is he worth if he did take over.
Warro Bantan
06-10-2009, 03:52
I was waiting on your post mrki!! :D
I only hope and pray that its as easy and straight forward as you outline...
As the saying goes: There's many a slip betwixt cup and lip!
I also agree that we will need about 7 or 8 new players to be truly competitive again, with the obvious condition that we rid ourselves of the "dead-weight".
Graeme C
06-10-2009, 04:13
Berlusconi thinks about Milan sale Tuesday 6 October, 2009 --from Football italia( channel4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silvio Berlusconi is seriously considering selling Milan as one of his companies is in big trouble.
Berlusconi's holding company Fininvest has been ordered to pay around £690m in compensation for its controversial takeover of the Mondadori publishing house in the early 1990s.
Considering Fininvest's annual turnover, Berlusconi needs an injection of cash if he is to deal with this decision quickly and easily.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan are currently valued at around £650m, a figure that doesn't frighten Albanian oil magnate Rezart Taci.
The 38-year-old was very close to buying Bologna in the summer, but pulled out at the last minute.
La Gazzetta now believes Milan strongly influenced his thinking.
There is also interest from the Arab Emirates, but nothing from inside Italy.
If Milan were to be sold they would become the first Italian club to fall into foreign ownership.
Berlusconi has been in charge of Milan since 1986 when he picked the club up from near bankruptcy and ushered in an unprecedented cycle of dominance.
His entrance into politics has hampered his ability to run the club, though, as he can no longer be seen to spend lots of money on Milan when the economy is suffering.
Filipéz 182
06-10-2009, 04:23
that Taci guy is known as a Milan fan, so I assume he would want the best for Milan unlike berlusconi. I'm all in for a new owner like him!!
Rossoneri Fuego
06-10-2009, 04:58
Siamo Liberi,! Siamo Liberi Forza Milan!
Most likely, the fine will be lowered drastically, but neverthless, I felt that Berlu was going to bail from the club very soon anyway.....
Not being racist or biased, but I feel an Arabian Prince is not the solution for Milan... An Italian or European would be desirable, but are there many willling investors from that part of the globe? Perhaps Chinese, if someone there is interested in Milan (I know for a fact that milan is the most popular team over there).....?:dontkn:
ginoformaggino
06-10-2009, 05:44
It was all planned
why some incredible transfert markets?
no purchases, only a lot of crazy speeches out of any logic, and now the news is that Fininvest has to pay 750 mil. €. to De Benedetti - Cir, for the 'Mondadori affair' - Mondadori was/ is the biggest publishers in Italy -.
Berlu know what he did, the risk to be discovered, and imo the fear the day of reckoning will come has played a big part in the 'papi' decision in order to disengage from AC Milan.
Today it should be a decision over the 'immunity" = (an infamous law made by 'papi' in order to protect himself from the jail, the only one right place in which he should be.) In other words, the "Corte Costituzionale" today (maybe, because we are in Italy, so the decision may be adjourned.... :guw: ) will tell us if this law is 'constitutional' or not.
It was all planned
why some incredible transfert markets?
no purchases, only a lot of crazy speeches out of any logic, and now the news is that Fininvest has to pay 750 mil. €. to De Benedetti - Cir, for the 'Mondadori affair' - Mondadori was/ is the biggest publishers in Italy -.
Berlu know what he did, the risk to be discovered, and imo the fear the day of reckoning will come has played a big part in the 'papi' decision in order to disengage from AC Milan.
Today it should be a decision over the 'immunity" = (an infamous law made by 'papi' in order to protect himself from the jail, the only one right place in which he should be.) In other words, the "Corte Costituzionale" today (maybe, because we are in Italy, so the decision may be adjourned.... :guw: ) will tell us if this law is 'constitutional' or not.
Since the beggining of the summer I was saying Berlusconi plans to make money out of Milan as much as he can and then he'll sell the club when he comes to the dry end. He couldnt sell Pato and Kaka' in the same summer, so lets hope Milan will not sell anymore in winter or BEGGINING of the next summer coz of the failure to qualify for the CL and "unbalanced books" again. Then Silvio can sell Pato and "old" Pirlo and then sell Milan after earning another 50 or so mln.
But, I was a pessimistic idiot when I was saying it. When you look back, it was planned since Sheva sale.
johncharles365
06-10-2009, 07:27
love the conspiracy theories but you neglected to mention the fact that Berlusconi had invested 50 million euros into new transfer in the summer 08 and that he has been covering the clubs debts for at least 5 years now. I have to admit i would be shocked if the club remains in Berlusconi hands in the long term and I wouldn't be surprised if Milan was sold in the next couple of months.
Filipéz 182
06-10-2009, 10:15
I Am Interested In Buying AC Milan - Rezart Taci
The businessman can see another opportunity of investment as he turns his hand towards Milan...
Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci has reignited his interest in AC Milan, and is ready to drill a pipeline that will lead him to take over the club if Silvio Berlusconi decides to sell up.
Despite several denials by Fininvest, the holding company that runs the club, the Rossoneri continue to be linked with the sale of a majority stake. This morning's Gazzetta Dello Sport indicated an interest from a Libyan party, as well as Taci's desires.
The Albanian has now confirmed his interest. Taci is ready to invest in further commodities as he seeks to add to his business portfolio.
"I don't think Berlusconi will want to deprive himself of Milan, but if there is a chance then we will be very interested in buying the club," Taci told Guerin Sportivo.
Reports suggested Taci had already pumped cash into the club with the acquisition of a number of shares, but the magnate has denied those claims.
"It's not true that I am already a shareholder, I just have links with the sport side of things such as programmes like Milan Junior Campus, and Milan Parc," added the Albanian.
"In addition, I am a good friend of Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani."
Taci had rubbed shoulders with Bologna's hierarchy during the summer over a proposed takeover, but he was unable to morph his plans into a meaningful move.
"I cannot reveal the real reasons as to why we did not conclude the acquisition," Taci finished.
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
hitmannq8
06-10-2009, 10:59
Most likely, the fine will be lowered drastically, but neverthless, I felt that Berlu was going to bail from the club very soon anyway.....
Not being racist or biased, but I feel an Arabian Prince is not the solution for Milan... An Italian or European would be desirable, but are there many willling investors from that part of the globe? Perhaps Chinese, if someone there is interested in Milan (I know for a fact that milan is the most popular team over there).....?:dontkn:
Just curious, what makes another European or Chinese candidate better than an Arab billionaire in your opinion?
coz oil will eventually run out, while the number of Chinese in the world (i.e., $$$ generated by the Chinese) will only get to increase :D.
Just kidding.
Warro Bantan
06-10-2009, 11:06
I love mrki's theories...:D
Yet,Milan hasn't made money for years, if at all....Berlu has constantly been pumping $s into the club, but unlike the weather, mrki is consistent in his beliefs...u have to give him that!!
I love mrki's theories...:D
Yet,Milan hasn't made money for years, if at all....Berlu has constantly been pumping $s into the club, but unlike the weather, mrki is consistent in his beliefs...u have to give him that!!
Well it easy for just saying what papers say as people mostly do/believe. We need to look behind the papers ( which are Berlusconi's) are look for real events.
Milan also makes a lot of money. Season in which we had Kaka', Dinho, Beckham etc. probably made us tons of money from tv etc. Milan constantly played CL at highest levels etc. Supporters base is huge... We are not Parma.
Cash that was inserted in mercato since Sheva left is absurdly small, aldough we payed Oliveira 16mln+Vogel, Dinho around 25, Zambro 8 etc. ( Huntelaar we payed nothing I can bet! The "offers" for Fabiano and Dzeko were absurd and alibi for supporters. We at MM can gather 1000euro and offer it for Criscito, they will refuse, but at least we can say " they refused the offer so we'll look somewhere else, the orse is doing well at Milanello).
kakacmilan best
06-10-2009, 15:33
What do we know about this Taci?
Warro Bantan
06-10-2009, 15:54
I did a search on Forbes...what is clear is that he isn't on their list of Billionaires...which could mean everything, or nothing....
Made his money in oil, apparently controls a large %age of the oil market in Albania via his oil company...but insofar as details as to his actual net worth....those details are sketchy.
What is clear though is that Berlusconi, and even Stephen Speilberg are much more wealthy than he is, by far....
Which isn't that important if he only buys a %age share of the club, since IMO, Milan needs to be the plaything of a Billionaire, and not just a millionaire...
Lebanese
06-10-2009, 16:21
Oil men have a great shot to be billionaires.
He is filthy rich i believe. Ac Milan wont be sold for 250 mil euro, you are talking about a billion.
I am just hoping that if we are gonna get sold, i want our new owner to buy the club for the sake of football not for business and thick books
Lebanese
06-10-2009, 16:41
Just curious, what makes another European or Chinese candidate better than an Arab billionaire in your opinion?
Maybe because arab are not good in making things but buying things, we need some to dedicate some of his time to Milan. Not someone who occasionaly watches derby matches. But other than this I don't think he meant to be racist
Christian
06-10-2009, 17:03
I did a search on Forbes...what is clear is that he isn't on their list of Billionaires...which could mean everything, or nothing....
Made his money in oil, apparently controls a large %age of the oil market in Albania via his oil company...but insofar as details as to his actual net worth....those details are sketchy.
What is clear though is that Berlusconi, and even Stephen Speilberg are much more wealthy than he is, by far....
Which isn't that important if he only buys a %age share of the club, since IMO, Milan needs to be the plaything of a Billionaire, and not just a millionaire...
Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical about Taci aswell. Until he came blowing his horn about Milan I'd never heard about him at all, I can't find any info about him on the net, he's not on Forbes list, he just seems to have come out of nowhere.
Coming and saying that he's always been a Milan fan is fine and all, but it's just words anyway, he'll need to have money to be the owner off Milan. Ofcourse Milan is worth around 700-800 M euro's as far as I know, and if he's not a Billionaire how is he gonna afford it?
I say bring on Spielberg, Schindlers List is one of my favorite movies, and AC Milan is a my favorite club, what a mix that would be. He could make a movie about us like they did about Real Madrid in the goal (?) films, ofcourse our movie wouldn't suck like their's did.
Lebanese
06-10-2009, 18:19
Taçi is a smuggler
http://www.milanomediterraneo.org/Conferenza_annuale/VII_conferenza_annuale/Relatori/Panel_Energia/Taci_Rezart.kl
Rossoneri Fuego
06-10-2009, 20:27
i want the owner to be arab,i would jump up and down if we had someone close to the ambition of the sheik at man city, we would easily became like madrid in the transfer market 7 CL titles is attractive for any baller anywhere
hitmannq8
06-10-2009, 20:43
i want the owner to be arab,i would jump up and down if we had someone close to the ambition of the sheik at man city, we would easily became like madrid in the transfer market 7 CL titles is attractive for any baller anywhere
the one that we were linked with, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoom, is as good as it gets, trust me. I know my area pretty well and I know all the big shots there, and it really doesn't get better than the ruler of Dubai. All you hear about in Dubai, all those crazy hotels, all those crazy projects you see there, are all because of Mohammed Al Maktoom. If his interest is real, he will treat Milan like his child and give it everything...however I really doubt he has any interest in Milan - he has much bigger things on his mind right now.
Well, I hope something goes down soon because as it is, we're not going to have any sort of mercato anytime soon. Apparently Berlusconi couldnt be seen to spend money because he is Italy's PM in time of economic crisis, imagine him spending money now..
For the good of Milan, he should sell up, I dont care who buys the club as long as they are a true Milanista and holds the values of this club at heart.
Warro Bantan
06-10-2009, 22:25
I dont care who buys the club as long as they are a true Milanista and holds the values of this club at heart.
Actually, I hope the new owner is Jamaican!! :D
Just kidding...To tell u the truth, I am almost at the point where I don't really care if the new owner knows Milan different from a hole in the ground, as long as he spends his money to take us back to the top.
No one can tell me that Abramovitch or the Sheikh that owns Man City are "true fans" of those clubs...they are just opportunits, investing in the clubs for their own reasons.
As long as his(or her) pockets are deep, and they are in it for the long term, I say welcome to Milan!!
Rossoneri Fuego
06-10-2009, 23:53
the one that we were linked with, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoom, is as good as it gets, trust me. I know my area pretty well and I know all the big shots there, and it really doesn't get better than the ruler of Dubai. All you hear about in Dubai, all those crazy hotels, all those crazy projects you see there, are all because of Mohammed Al Maktoom. If his interest is real, he will treat Milan like his child and give it everything...however I really doubt he has any interest in Milan - he has much bigger things on his mind right now.
i personally have met a couple of individuals from dubai and i think they are very classy individuals and eazy to converse with, what i admire about the sheikh's is the hunger passion to win,to be the best,the fastest way possible, cross your fingers my kuwaiti friend after all we been through this could be the blessing we have waited for
( a unlimited amount of resources, and a fire to win):p283:
Warro: i loved the story of how you "found" Milan, very cool :)
I still want a new owner to be italian and preferabily from the Milano area
edysupriadi
07-10-2009, 02:43
...To tell u the truth, I am almost at the point where I don't really care if the new owner knows Milan different from a hole in the ground, as long as he spends his money to take us back to the top.
...........
As long as his(or her) pockets are deep, and they are in it for the long term, I say welcome to Milan!!
I couldnt agree more with you..these past few weeks, months (or even yrs!) have been really tough for me, in fact for all of us, the so called 'basic criteria' is so crystal clear: he/ she's gotta dig deep into the pocket then spend, spend & just spend.. :1d31:
whoever you are, redeem us - and spend your money to make us TOP of the WORLD again..
FORZA MILAN !
Gabriel489
07-10-2009, 04:05
It will be funny if someone offers 500Mil for 100% of Milan and Berlu said thats too low.
While in fact it is a fair price, considering how much rebuilding MIlan needs at the moment.
Jay Crisp
07-10-2009, 04:13
We need investment but is Taci the Mr Right we are looking for ? Id like to think so but with comments he has made especially he insists he has the money to buy Milan not something Im happy hearing. We need a buyer/buyers with huge pockets that can spend with inhumane vulger (just kidding) , but we do need someone with enough money to buy the club first and secondly a man/woman that can invest in 5 quality players right off the bat. Taci's comments and lack of info make me ? his worth and financial position , while he is rich man maybe not rich enough fo AC Milan.
kastriot
07-10-2009, 04:35
I was not going to talk about this since I did not believe is possible, but these days the rumors are getting stronger and with this new fine on Berlu`s company the sale is very possible option.
REZEART TACI profile(according to me)
Since I can see people are all question marks over this guy, I`ll try and give some insights from what i know about him.
I was good friends with Taci`s brother in law during my university period,and what I know about Taci is what I actually heard form my friend and through my own conclusions.
During 1992-1997 there was some kind of "civil war" in Albania,it was a really bad period and a lot of people were leaving the country for Italy, one of them was Rezeart Taci who at the time was really poor,and he left Albania because he could basically starve to death there. Four years later he came back as a multimillionaire.
To me there is no doubt that he got rich with illegal business, but on the other hand try to find smth legal that Berlusconi did through this years.
Whats interesting is that Taci being an oil tycoon is business partner with Morati,and yet opted to take Milan in Tirana for friendlies not Inter.(That maybe is an indication that he loves milan, cuz If your Albanian by default you love milan :D) I know for fact that Taci and Berlu hold great relationship, and that could mean that behind this "BUYOUT" can be Berlu with some other fishy plan of his.
Personally I am against Taci(though the idea of MIlan being owned by an Albanian is interesting to me) because i dont believe he is wealthy enough. He is a billionaire, that is for sure...but there is a difference btw. Being an Mancity owner(with 600 bill + wealth) and Taci (2 bill - ). The difference is that Taci IMO can not and will not spend at free will as we would wish.
A change is desirable, but Taci is not the one we are looking for, he will never be Berlu of the good times, nor Abramovic even less A Perez or Laporta (whom I consider to be the best president around). Plus we will loose Political power,cuz wanted or not we were a major player in football, both on sports and political perspective.
Whats more important i think this can be one of many Berlu`s game,with him still being in charge and yet you will not be able to blame him for anything bad.
This is my view, I hope i was clear, :D
Fininvest: Serie A Giants Milan Are Not For Sale
Silvio Berlusconi's holding company has denied reports the club is up for sale...
Oct 7, 2009 9:57:23 AM
Milan have denied reports claiming a majority stake in the club is about to be sold to Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci.
Reports in Tuesday's Gazzetta Dello Sport claimed an interest from a Libyan party. Hours later, Taci confirmed his desire to buy the club, stating he would make an offer if the chance arose.
However, Fininvest, the company that runs Milan on behalf of Silvio Berlusconi, has released a statement claiming there is no intention to sell.
The statement on Milan's official website reads, "There is no possibility of selling AC Milan.
"In relation to the repeated stories in the press, Fininvest is, once again, forced to deny the claims in every way that a possibility regarding the sale of AC Milan exists."
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
If not to sell the club, why not let investors buy stakes Berlu?
Jay Crisp
07-10-2009, 05:55
I looked at the forbes rich list and the richest and wealthiest person in the world is Bill Gates then Warren Buffet , no sheikhs there on there own at least , as a family combined wealth the owner of Man City might have alot of billions but no one is worth 600 billion as a family sheikh Mamsour bin Zayed's are worth 550 billion but thats only on wikipedia nothing official on that amount. But if Taci is only worth 2 billion he would have to spend at least half of that in 10 years to get Milan where people want them to be.
Im not actually saying Mansour's family isnt worth billions and billions and billions , but i could not find anything official on 600 billion. I've seen he is worth £15 billion and the family as worth 90 billion also he is worth 19 billion and the family is worth 121 billion on another site. So no one can be sure of his wealth as none of the sheikh's are on a forbes or time magazine rich list this dosn't mean that they are not as rich if not richer than some people on the list in fact we know they are at least some of them.
kastriot
07-10-2009, 06:49
I looked at the forbes rich list and the richest and wealthiest person in the world is Bill Gates then Warren Buffet , no sheikhs there on there own at least , as a family combined wealth the owner of Man City might have alot of billions but no one is worth 600 billion as a family sheikh Mamsour bin Zayed's are worth 550 billion but thats only on wikipedia nothing official on that amount. But if Taci is only worth 2 billion he would have to spend at least half of that in 10 years to get Milan where people want them to be.
Im not actually saying Mansour's family isnt worth billions and billions and billions , but i could not find anything official on 600 billion. I've seen he is worth £15 billion and the family as worth 90 billion also he is worth 19 billion and the family is worth 121 billion on another site. So no one can be sure of his wealth as none of the sheikh's are on a forbes or time magazine rich list this dosn't mean that they are not as rich if not richer than some people on the list in fact we know they are at least some of them.
I see you point!!! I dint post the 600 bil as fact...more like an metphorical argument,cuz honestly I`m not sure how much Taci is worth. it was a wild guess!!!
regardless ,even if his worth 2-3 bill still is a huge gap btw 19 bill of the sheiks and 8 bill how much abramovic is worth.
Let me try to put another argument,who maybe can give a clearer picture!!
Just compare him to Morati.
We have Morati(family) who is worth smth around 15 mil. and lately he is very careful about his transfers and books( ex; Ibra sale).
On the other hand we have Taci who significantly is worth less!!
and all u need to do is to ask yourself can he really invest at free will as we really want(read need) without going into red.which could lead to other more serious problems
Jay Crisp
07-10-2009, 07:33
I see you point!!! I dint post the 600 bil as fact...more like an metphorical argument,cuz honestly I`m not sure how much Taci is worth. it was a wild guess!!!
regardless ,even if his worth 2-3 bill still is a huge gap btw 19 bill of the sheiks and 8 bill how much abramovic is worth.
Let me try to put another argument,who maybe can give a clearer picture!!
Just compare him to Morati.
We have Morati(family) who is worth smth around 15 mil. and lately he is very careful about his transfers and books( ex; Ibra sale).
On the other hand we have Taci who significantly is worth less!!
and all u need to do is to ask yourself can he really invest at free will as we really want(read need) without going into red.which could lead to other more serious problems
I didnt mean it to sound like you were not telling the truth sorry buddy thats the way my post came across. But you just hear so much B.S about people I mean a new arab trillionaire is going to buy an english team every hour. Plus you cannot trust sky sports IMO the bend the truth soooo much. I agree with you aswell kastriot i do not think Taci can spend freely.
Warro Bantan
07-10-2009, 08:43
Warro: i loved the story of how you "found" Milan, very cool :)
I still want a new owner to be italian and preferabily from the Milano area
Rispeck Sir Iggy!!
I understand your preferences, as it will certainly lend itself to a level of "continuity" and the maintenance of a certain identity...
That said, I'm not sure in this global age, that we can afford to be too picky...its really about the $s, €s, and £s at this stage...
Money is money, and what we need more than a continuance of identity and historical ties, is Money, the more of it we have, the better.
There was a time when I would fear no team Milan could encounter...now I'm wondering if I will be brave enough to watch us play Madrid....
How do you think we would fare vs "even" a Man City at this point? Their European pedigree is incomparable with ours, yet I think they would play us off the pitch were we to face them in European competition.
Their owner is never in the public eye, doesn't need the club to "bolster" an image, or to gain political clout....its as if he's a kid with a toy who wants to prove is better than everyone else's.
That, as every male can testify, is something we can all "identify" with.
Rispeck Sir Iggy!!
I understand your preferences, as it will certainly lend itself to a level of "continuity" and the maintenance of a certain identity...
That said, I'm not sure in this global age, that we can afford to be too picky...its really about the $s, €s, and £s at this stage...
Money is money, and what we need more than a continuance of identity and historical ties, is Money, the more of it we have, the better.
There was a time when I would fear no team Milan could encounter...now I'm wondering if I will be brave enough to watch us play Madrid....
How do you think we would fare vs "even" a Man City at this point? Their European pedigree is incomparable with ours, yet I think they would play us off the pitch were we to face them in European competition.
Their owner is never in the public eye, doesn't need the club to "bolster" an image, or to gain political clout....its as if he's a kid with a toy who wants to prove is better than everyone else's.
That, as every male can testify, is something we can all "identify" with.
I want our new president to be a bit of an identitity, and a figure of Milan him/herself. Of course Berlu used to be that, but that shine has worn off ages ago.
Rossoneri Fuego
08-10-2009, 05:23
AC MILAN, Three potential buyers
08:18| Eddy Akoglu | read 402
Source: Telelombardia
1- Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci, who is ready to pay 700 million Euros to purchase AC Milan and than invest around 300 million Euros to sign new players next summer.
2- Emirati Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is already an AC Milan shareholder and sponsor (through the Emirati airline company).
3- Emirati Royal Family member and Manchester City owner Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who can invest at least 300 billion Euros if he sells City first.
http://www.onlysoccer.net/
Gabriel489
08-10-2009, 05:24
I want the next President to have an image of a WINNER, someone who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure MILAN WIN WIN and WIN SOME MORE.
Gabriel489
08-10-2009, 05:30
AC MILAN, Three potential buyers
08:18| Eddy Akoglu | read 402
Source: Telelombardia
1- Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci, who is ready to pay 700 million Euros to purchase AC Milan and than invest around 300 million Euros to sign new players next summer.
2- Emirati Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is already an AC Milan shareholder and sponsor (through the Emirati airline company).
3- Emirati Royal Family member and Manchester City owner Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who can invest at least 300 billion Euros if he sells City first.
http://www.onlysoccer.net/
First of all, I think 700Mil is too much for the current Milan team. More like 450Mil, as the team is does not own its stadium, no TRUE GLOBAL SUPERSTAR, horrible youth system with almost no players coming through the ranks for the past 10 years into the first team-Abate, Borreillo and Antonini are the exception, a whole bunch of under achieving 30 something players that are unsellable with bad contracts, and most importantly, the current team is playing like a relegation teams instead of a title winning team.
For 700Mil, you can buy Liverpool.
ACMILAN1983
08-10-2009, 07:15
If Berlu sells, the new owner must be prepared to set up Milan with a privately owned stadium, whether it be buying and renovating San Siro (if possible), or investing in a completely new stadium. This is something I think is key and am not hearing much about.
First of all, I think 700Mil is too much for the current Milan team. More like 450Mil, as the team is does not own its stadium, no TRUE GLOBAL SUPERSTAR, horrible youth system with almost no players coming through the ranks for the past 10 years into the first team-Abate, Borreillo and Antonini are the exception, a whole bunch of under achieving 30 something players that are unsellable with bad contracts, and most importantly, the current team is playing like a relegation teams instead of a title winning team.
For 700Mil, you can buy Liverpool.
It's the brand Gabriel. Buyers don't pay for what is actually there, Liverpool is not superior but its the EPL brand, the team name, etc. Milan has that too, the only thing different is the EPL name vs the Serie A name
And by the way as of this season - or was it last season? - taxes (for foreign players) is almost as high in the EPL too
kastriot
08-10-2009, 09:26
First of all, I think 700Mil is too much for the current Milan team. More like 450Mil, as the team is does not own its stadium, no TRUE GLOBAL SUPERSTAR, horrible youth system with almost no players coming through the ranks for the past 10 years into the first team-Abate, Borreillo and Antonini are the exception, a whole bunch of under achieving 30 something players that are unsellable with bad contracts, and most importantly, the current team is playing like a relegation teams instead of a title winning team.
For 700Mil, you can buy Liverpool.
Although your facts are right and valid, u failed to mentioned that we are actually the most titled Club in the World ( i`m not galliani:diablo:) and that means the world to some investors.Seriously, do you think that the man City owners and Abramovic will ever get a return on theri investments. They bought for the image of owning a football club, you can say for the prestige.
Now just imagine being a sheik or an Abramovic,how much will it mean for you to own Milan. Believe me to them and their egos, teams like Milan,Barca and Real are priceless,and i`m sure that they would pay even 1 billion,but the reality is that they can not buy Milan..Because Berlu more than anybody knows the value of Milan,and he will not sell,even like now when its in bad shape.
Cuz the truth is that there is nothing wrong with Milan that 100 mil euros wont fix..and thats pocket money for him.Its just that for some reason he opted not to spend atm.
First of all, I think 700Mil is too much for the current Milan team. More like 450Mil, as the team is does not own its stadium, no TRUE GLOBAL SUPERSTAR, horrible youth system with almost no players coming through the ranks for the past 10 years into the first team-Abate, Borreillo and Antonini are the exception, a whole bunch of under achieving 30 something players that are unsellable with bad contracts, and most importantly, the current team is playing like a relegation teams instead of a title winning team.
For 700Mil, you can buy Liverpool.
Dude Milan's name is enough to get those 400 Million, rest 300 Million is for the Milan labs, the players, the half of the san siro and blah blah...
Seriously reconsider your statement...
hitmannq8
08-10-2009, 11:47
some important news regarding Berlusconi's case:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8296448.stm
The immunity law has been over ruled by the court. Berlusconi says that whether he's guilty or not he will remain as the PM for 5 more years (i think he was referring to all the appeals he was going to do, which means this law will not be passed anytime soon)
Gabriel489
08-10-2009, 11:51
Guys, what I am trying to say is that, those so call billionaire.... can buy pretty much any team if the team is on the market. The thing is that, if Milan is going for 700mil, I don't think there are a lot of those billionaire will go, thats a bargain. Rather they will low ball their way to 450mil or maybe 550mil. Simply b/c the current Milan team needs at least 120 mil for players in order to make it competitive again.
If I have that kind of money, I would rather pay 200mil for Parma(example only), then spend 400mil on players in a three year span to make the team competitive. Rather than paying 700mil on a team full of at least 7 players whom I will buyout(as nobody wants them) then spend another 200mil on players.
Yes, the Milan name is great....but it is really not worth 400mil, with its own stadium, yes.
The thing is that, you guys are saying the name is everything....which to some extend it is true. BUT, those billionaire is smart and like you said EGOLISTIC, thus they would never over paid for anything. Just ask Berlu with his escorts.
hitmannq8
08-10-2009, 13:09
Gabriel you are wrong. There is a difference when you own a team with 7 CL's and several scudetti and is the #1 in International trophies worldwide and a team that is just coming from Serie B and is not sure how long it will stay in Serie A.
Whether we like it or not, Milan still has 5 current world cup champions in their squad and most of the team is a 2x CL winner. Milan should be sold for 700 mil at the very least. The brand name of AC Milan in itself should be worth 400-500 mil. I'm not sure you understand that.
Some billionaires do not want to buy clubs like Parma to make money out of them, but they rather buy the best club out there and maintain its consistency. You don't see this happening in today's world (or even in the last 50 years) because these chances NEVER arise. It is only happening to us cause we our president is also a corrupt prime minister and he is finally paying for his mistakes after decades of corruption. Any billionaire wouldn't want to miss the chance to sign AC Milan even if they were for 900mil.
Lebanese
08-10-2009, 14:05
You have to consider fan base, turn over, club image And Balanced BOOKS.
When you need to buy a club is just buying a luxury car, Bently is good but not as good as Rolls Royce.
Back in 2007 when we won UCL, our club was listed for sale, and Dr. Alfahim said that they were unlucky because when they bought man city, Milan Back then was recently listed on the market.
Taçi is just a smoke screen, we still don't know the identity of the true buyer. What Milan did in the last 3 years clearly alerted us as fans that something is going on. Milan gradully cut their cost by 50 mil. Our salary cap is now like Roma approx 90 mil.
When you buy a club like Parma you will need at least 5 years to make them at the levels of Chelsea. But when you buy Milan it will only take you 200 mil and 2 years to dominate the world. Ok we have alot of dead weight but every thing can get to what it was.
You have to consider fan base, turn over, club image And Balanced BOOKS.
When you need to buy a club is just buying a luxury car, Bently is good but not as good as Rolls Royce.
Back in 2007 when we won UCL, our club was listed for sale, and Dr. Alfahim said that they were unlucky because when they bought man city, Milan Back then was recently listed on the market.
Taçi is just a smoke screen, we still don't know the identity of the true buyer. What Milan did in the last 3 years clearly alerted us as fans that something is going on. Milan gradully cut their cost by 50 mil. Our salary cap is now like Roma approx 90 mil.
When you buy a club like Parma you will need at least 5 years to make them at the levels of Chelsea. But when you buy Milan it will only take you 200 mil and 2 years to dominate the world. Ok we have alot of dead weight but every thing can get to what it was.
well said, can not agree more...
Football clubs are almost never "business buys", they are "prestige buys". They are bought by people who already have a lot of money and would like to add something extra in their portfolio, something which can be a hobby, something that will make other envious. I like Lebanese's example with sportscars, it's the same--when Lambo or Aston Martin release a limited edition worth 1 M or whatever, it is sold even before production officially begins. Why do people insist on a certain brand when it costs more and can get you from point a to point b just like something one tenth of the price? Answer: Prestige.
And as far as prestige is concerned, we are easily top 5 in WORLD football. If our club was indeed for sale, there will be no shortage of buyers and I can see the price easily top 900M. It is not often that one gets the chance to buy a club of this caliber. Only question is, will Berlusconi swallow his pride and sell his toy?
Rossoneri Fuego
08-10-2009, 21:39
he'll have to now berlusconi clearly has a doubt weather being found guilty or innocent, hes already being tough guy saying he'll remian as president even tho he gets found guilty, we need berlusconi to get guilty then he'll forcefully sell the club,
Kaka1899
11-10-2009, 15:34
i feel i might get in trouble for saying this but if Berlu wont sell now after been hit with the €750mil fine and the court case and all the only way Berlu will release the club is when he dies and then his children will sell the club as we know they think Milan is a waste of time for there papa.
Warro Bantan
11-10-2009, 16:50
I agree Kaka1899...it certainly seems so....he seems to be holding on for no other reasons but pride and ego...
And I'm sure at his passing from this world, his kids will sell the club even before he is laid to rest. That much I am convinced of.
Warro Bantan
15-10-2009, 16:50
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8755822
Ah well...it was nice to dream about the sale, but this looks less and less likely now.
hitmannq8
15-10-2009, 17:59
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8755822
Ah well...it was nice to dream about the sale, but this looks less and less likely now.
it might not be as bad as it sounds, check out what Lebanese posted in the Banter thread :pp20:
Berlu must sell the club for changing ever-positive Warro into someone pessimistic about the future of Milan.
Gabriel489
16-10-2009, 04:20
Gabriel you are wrong. There is a difference when you own a team with 7 CL's and several scudetti and is the #1 in International trophies worldwide and a team that is just coming from Serie B and is not sure how long it will stay in Serie A.
Whether we like it or not, Milan still has 5 current world cup champions in their squad and most of the team is a 2x CL winner. Milan should be sold for 700 mil at the very least. The brand name of AC Milan in itself should be worth 400-500 mil. I'm not sure you understand that.
Some billionaires do not want to buy clubs like Parma to make money out of them, but they rather buy the best club out there and maintain its consistency. You don't see this happening in today's world (or even in the last 50 years) because these chances NEVER arise. It is only happening to us cause we our president is also a corrupt prime minister and he is finally paying for his mistakes after decades of corruption. Any billionaire wouldn't want to miss the chance to sign AC Milan even if they were for 900mil.
Maybe 10 yrs ago, brand name can be worth 400mil or so. BUt in todays football world, at least to me, you can really create a brand name in one summer.
I mean, for 400Mil, you can pretty much sign Messi, Ibra, CR9, Buffon and Kaka or 5 or more others players with their calibre in one summer. I am pretty sure, if those 5 are playing on a team together, your can pretty much turn a unheard of team into a WORLD WIDE BRAND NAME team in one summer. At least thats my opinion.
As for past CL winner, well, Seedorf won as many CL(4) than all the players Real payed for this past summer combine(Kaka, CR9, Xabi and Aerloa). Does that make him more of a brand name attraction than the other four?
As for the current World Cup champions, in less than 10 months there will be new World Cup Champions.
Lastly, clubs even the big ones, always change hands. Didn't Berlu bought Milan in the 80s, but was not Milan a successful team before Berlu bought the team. ManU and Pool changed owners during the last 20 yrs or so....
As much as I wish there will be a bidding war for Milan. Pool, ManU and even Roma are for sale too. Maybe not so much of Pool or Roma, but if I am going to spend 900mil on a football club and I have a choice between ManU or Milan, as much as I hate to admit, I would rather spend that money on ManU.
I agree with some of you about people paying for football club base on their ego....but face it, Milan might have the best CL history for the past 20 yrs, but currently they are struggling, and if someone is willing to pay 700-900 on Milan they will be the laughing stock of their own social circle. Like lets say you a in your mid 20s, would you go out with Miss Universe 1980 or Megan Fox.
Anyhow, if I am Berlu, I will not sell MIlan at this moment, simply b/c it is bad business.
1. MIlan is struggling and the players in the squad are pretty much below competitive standard with the exception of a few.
2. The 750Mil fine, which if Berlu is shopping Milan, it shows that he needs money for pay the fine.
3. Uncertainty about CL football next season.
Thus, Berlu will probably sell Milan at the end of the season given that Milan got into UCL.
Maybe 10 yrs ago, brand name can be worth 400mil or so. BUt in todays football world, at least to me, you can really create a brand name in one summer.
I mean, for 400Mil, you can pretty much sign Messi, Ibra, CR9, Buffon and Kaka or 5 or more others players with their calibre in one summer. I am pretty sure, if those 5 are playing on a team together, your can pretty much turn a unheard of team into a WORLD WIDE BRAND NAME team in one summer. At least thats my opinion.
As for past CL winner, well, Seedorf won as many CL(4) than all the players Real payed for this past summer combine(Kaka, CR9, Xabi and Aerloa). Does that make him more of a brand name attraction than the other four?
As for the current World Cup champions, in less than 10 months there will be new World Cup Champions.
Lastly, clubs even the big ones, always change hands. Didn't Berlu bought Milan in the 80s, but was not Milan a successful team before Berlu bought the team. ManU and Pool changed owners during the last 20 yrs or so....
As much as I wish there will be a bidding war for Milan. Pool, ManU and even Roma are for sale too. Maybe not so much of Pool or Roma, but if I am going to spend 900mil on a football club and I have a choice between ManU or Milan, as much as I hate to admit, I would rather spend that money on ManU.
I agree with some of you about people paying for football club base on their ego....but face it, Milan might have the best CL history for the past 20 yrs, but currently they are struggling, and if someone is willing to pay 700-900 on Milan they will be the laughing stock of their own social circle. Like lets say you a in your mid 20s, would you go out with Miss Universe 1980 or Megan Fox.
Anyhow, if I am Berlu, I will not sell MIlan at this moment, simply b/c it is bad business.
1. MIlan is struggling and the players in the squad are pretty much below competitive standard with the exception of a few.
2. The 750Mil fine, which if Berlu is shopping Milan, it shows that he needs money for pay the fine.
3. Uncertainty about CL football next season.
Thus, Berlu will probably sell Milan at the end of the season given that Milan got into UCL.
You are wrong on this one. ACM is a huge prize for anyone who could afford it. It is the most successful team in Europe in modern times. Yes they are struggling now and that is the only way a new buyer comes into the equation. If we were winning scudetto's and cups every season this question would not arise. Your analogy of miss universe and megan fox makes no sense. Instead ask this, if you are in your mid 20's and can have the pick of the girls would you get yourself a model, or a supermodel?
would you buy an Enzo or a Veryon?
would you buy a mansion or a palace?
would you choose some grey, rainy, northwestern city in england?
or would you choose the chic, fashionable city of Milan?
anyone can buy a team and try to write history. but rarely does a team with SO MUCH history come onto the market. and that is the thing that is truly desirable to the super rich.
You are wrong on this one. ACM is a huge prize for anyone who could afford it. It is the most successful team in Europe in modern times. Yes they are struggling now and that is the only way a new buyer comes into the equation. If we were winning scudetto's and cups every season this question would not arise. Your analogy of miss universe and megan fox makes no sense. Instead ask this, if you are in your mid 20's and can have the pick of the girls would you get yourself a model, or a supermodel?
would you buy an Enzo or a Veryon?
would you buy a mansion or a palace?
would you choose some grey, rainy, northwestern city in england?
or would you choose the chic, fashionable city of Milan?
anyone can buy a team and try to write history. but rarely does a team with SO MUCH history come onto the market. and that is the thing that is truly desirable to the super rich.
i have to agree with this post
hitmannq8
17-10-2009, 23:42
I did read the post but I was hoping someone else would reply because I dont think Gabriel sees what we are.
As for past CL winner, well, Seedorf won as many CL(4) than all the players Real payed for this past summer combine(Kaka, CR9, Xabi and Aerloa). Does that make him more of a brand name attraction than the other four?
That sentence proves that you do not understand what a brand name stands for. Maldini won 5 CL's but would have never in his career been sold for the amount that Kaka's been sold for. Besides, a player is not a brand. A player can all of sudden, die, get injured, go to another club, get sick, or a million other possiblities...that's why a player can never be as expensive as a club. A player will also have a limited time to play for and be sucessfull (and have a brand name if you will), once he is retired, he will exponentially be less famous and will soon be nothing.
However, if AC Milan falls to Serie D and stays there for years, AC Milan is STILL AC Milan and will still have the San Siro and all our previous trophies, which has held so much history. I dont understand how you don't see this??
Anyway, if you still chose not to believe the rest of us, we can just wait and see...that is if Milan is going to get sold afterall..
Gabriel489
18-10-2009, 03:47
Lets wait and see, really no point posting back and forth arguments.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.