PDA

View Full Version : AC Milan vs. Real Madrid: Kaka's return to the San Siro


hitmannq8
29-10-2009, 16:33
Game is going to be played on Tuesday November 3, 2009. The current standings the group are:

Real Madrid 6
Milan 6
Marseille 3
Zurich 3

Marseille will play Zurich at home so they will probably win 3 points on the same day, putting pressure on Real and Milan. Both teams will need to win this to ease the pressure and will come out all attack.

Milan's gameplay has recently improved but it is still far from what we all want to see (R80 in particular is a player we have been waiting to see the jump in form for 2 years now but it hasn't come yet). Since the last international break, we've beaten Roma, Real Madrid, Chievo and last night we conceded two goals in injury time to draw at a very hard stadium such as the San Paolo. On Saturday we welcome Parma to the San Siro and that's another team that's in good form and have a great tactician, so I'm curious to see how our team play in that game.

Let's hope Nesta's injury isn't serious, I heard rumours today that he's set to miss out the Parma game (I hope its just a precaution) so let's hope Silva and Klownadze manage to have a good game. We will also have Gattuso available for Parma so let's see how he performs against Parma to decide if we should play him against Real.

Before the Parma game, my formation for the Real game would be:

Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Silva, Zambrotta; Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Pato, Boriello, Ronaldinho.

Let's hope players like Oddo, Dida, Ambrosini, Pato and Boriello continue their recent progress in form. Would be nice to see Pirlo, Zambrotta and R80 jump into form, we will need it for this one. The only news I have from Real Madrid is that Ronaldo is set to miss this match, and Real haven't yet won a match since his absense. Their most recent game was a 4-0 lost against a Division 3 side in Copa (to be honest most of the team was second-string).

I don't expect us to win, and I will be hoping for a draw..but as most teams have learnt, never underestimate Milan... Forza Milan and let's hope our DNA kicks in for another wonderful CL night at the San Siro. Raise your voices and be heard on the night, and raise your flags proudly and sing:

ALLEEE ALLEEE ALLE MILAN ALLEEEE
FORZA LOTTAAA VINCERAAIIIII
NON TI LASCEREMO MAIIIIIII

:3band: :3band: :3band: :3band: :3band:

ELiTEE
29-10-2009, 16:41
DNA is all we have going for us

I would like to see borri start, but i am almost certain that Leonardo will start with Pippo

GeoTav
29-10-2009, 17:40
Their most recent game was a 4-0 lost against a Division 3 side in Copa (to be honest most of the team was second-string).

So they started with Dudek, Arbeloa, Albiol, Metzelder, Drenthe, Diarra, Van der Vaart, Guti (replaced by Gago), Granero (replaced by Marcelo), Benzema and Raul (replaced by Van Nistelroy).

I'm sorry, even if they are not all starters (even if nowadays, Granero, Marcelo, Albiol and Raul are starters with Benzema sometimes too), this team keep being a very good team on paper.

So no excuse, they were trashed !! :D

PS: Actually, I don't know what is the best ... hoping that they lose again this W-E and play them in this bad shape (with a risk that they will do a big game against us to launch their season, a bit like us in Bernabeu), or hoping that they will win this W-E ? Really don't know ...

pirlofanusa
29-10-2009, 17:42
Huntelaar should start. He knows the Madrid defense. he has had trouble breaking down Italian defenses, but he has shown he can take care of Spanish ones.

i would prefer a defense of Zambro-Nesta-Silva-Favalli and a midfield of Flamini-Pirlo-Seedorf supporting Pato-Hunter-Dinho

rossonerka
29-10-2009, 18:09
Milan will win in this match!!!

And Kaka will be disappointed again :) Milan is real team for Kaka, not Real. I hope so one day he will be back in Milano.;)

Salisburgo
30-10-2009, 13:01
Hi Milan Fans !

I come down from Austria to San Siro average 2 times a year, next one will be Milan-Real, and for this one i have one question:
Where will the Real fans be placed, last time i saw Champions League 2006the away fans where in 3rd Ring green, is it still like that, i would be happy
if someone can tell me that, thanks in advance.
( I dont want to sit to close to them, as i have 2 Tickets to chose from )

:p017:

hitmannq8
30-10-2009, 13:06
Hi Milan Fans !

I come down from Austria to San Siro average 2 times a year, next one will be Milan-Real, and for this one i have one question:
Where will the Real fans be placed, last time i saw Champions League 2006the away fans where in 3rd Ring green, is it still like that, i would be happy
if someone can tell me that, thanks in advance.
( I dont want to sit to close to them, as i have 2 Tickets to chose from )

:p017:

I believe they changed in 2007. When I went to the Manchester Utd game at the San Siro, they were seated in the Curva Nord, very high up...so they were really far from the pitch and they weren't heard at all.

Salisburgo
31-10-2009, 08:46
Thanks, i think you mean the same, top of Curva Nord is 3rd Ring Green.

One more thing: is there anything planned from the Curva Sud about Kakas return ? how will they treat him ? will he be booed or welcomed ?
Will there be any new songs about/against him ? Like "Kaka pezzo di meda" ?

Thanks for information, Forza Milan ! :5schal:

hitmannq8
31-10-2009, 14:27
I'm not sure, we don't have any fans here that have season tickets... there are a couple but they don't post often.... however I think that most of the fans still love Kaka and I think they will cheer him when he comes back.

Salisburgo
31-10-2009, 15:16
Ok, lets see how the reaction is, i will tell you after the game what kind of Kaka athmosphere it was at San Siro, positive or negative.
I just hope is not making a goal...

Dismember
01-11-2009, 08:18
Pippo start then Hunt in if things don't go well.
I also hope Kaka doesn't get booed. Kaka loves diving and tricking referees. He never did any in the Milan match in Bernabau out of respect and he tried to avoid the fight and he was very clean in contact with Milan players. It's just not nice to see him get booed in return. He should be cheered, or fans remain neutral to him although I doubt the fans will not show any emotional reaction to him.

ACMILAN1983
01-11-2009, 13:03
Borriello's got to start. The man has earned his spot in the starting 11 over the past couple of week's and surely deserves to play.

brk
01-11-2009, 13:18
I'm guessing its going to be this:

----------------------Dida
---------Nesta-------------Thiago Silva
Oddo-------------------------------------Zambrotta
---------------------------Ambrosini
----------Pirlo
------------------------Seedorf
------Pato
-------------------------Ronaldinho
----------------Borriello

Not a lot of change. Zambro, Ambro and Nesta were (sort of) rested, which is good. Let's hope Leo doesn't chicken out and play another DM in place of Seedorf.

GeoTav
01-11-2009, 13:50
I'm guessing its going to be this:

----------------------Dida
---------Nesta-------------Thiago Silva
Oddo-------------------------------------Zambrotta
---------------------------Ambrosini
----------Pirlo
------------------------Seedorf
------Pato
-------------------------Ronaldinho
----------------Borriello

Not a lot of change. Zambro, Ambro and Nesta were (sort of) rested, which is good. Let's hope Leo doesn't chicken out and play another DM in place of Seedorf.

So far, Leonardo has shown he is more interested by the use of attacking players than by the use of defensive players.

It is also why we concede so many goals ... (but the good point is that in the last few games, the way we played was really good when we had the possession).

Dutchie-Milan
01-11-2009, 14:06
I also want Borriegol to start,but really is that realistic?Inzaghi always playes in CL and i doubt Leo will bench him against Real,i really hope so but i think Inzaghi will play and at halftime if he doesnt score Borriello will go in.But you never know,Leo has suprised us many times already.....

I think the formation will be:

Dida
Oddo-Nesta-Silva-Zambrotta
Seedorf-Ambrosini-Pirlo
Pato-Pippo-Ronaldinho

Still there are doubts,if Leo wants to he can start Gattuso instead of Ambro and Borriello instead of Pippo,we will see.

I except us to play in a solid organisation and try to make life hard for Madrid.We can win this and if we win i wont be suprised.We have to attack more because Real cannot defend in a unit unlike us,we have to hit them hard.

If we win then it would be a relief because that practically means we will go to next round.Also a draw against Real and a draw between Zurich and Marseille would mean we will go to next round.

Looking forward to the match,hope Ronaldinho and Pato do some magic!

FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!!!!!

PS: Kaka will be loved in San Siro,nobody is going to boe him,he will be aplaussed!(It will be painful if he scores though....)

pirlofanusa
01-11-2009, 15:49
Dida
Zambrotta-Nesta-Silva-Favalli
-Flamini-Pirlo-Seedorf-
-Pato-Huntelaar-Ronaldinho-

Huntelaar should start at CF, his problem has been adjusting to Italian defenses, but he knows how Madrid plays, and he has had success against Spanish defenses. He should play, either as a starter or a sub for Borriello.

hitmannq8
01-11-2009, 16:34
I can't find one reasonable or sensible reason why Huntelaar should start over Inzaghi and Boriello, he has absolutely nothing over them at the moment.

pirlofanusa
01-11-2009, 16:37
I can't find one reasonable or sensible reason why Huntelaar should start over Inzaghi and Boriello, he has absolutely nothing over them at the moment.

He know Madrid, he was not happy with how his time went there and he will badly want to win. No way that Pippo should be starting. He offers less than Klaas does from a skill perspective. Klaas just needs some service

Gio-mania
01-11-2009, 16:50
Huntelaar should not play. Hopefully Borrigol will play, he has actually contributed goal-wise and play-wise. Pippo is the second option. While both he and Huntelaar are similar player types, Pippo just moves better and gets better chances. Huntelaar has hardly had a goal chance since he joined us. Pippo has had quite a few chances each game he's played. This isnt because of better service, but because he gets himself into the better positions. And I doubt Huntelaar knows the Real defense. By the same reasoning Kakŕ should know our defense but I didnt see him tear us apart two weeks ago, and Kakŕ has known our defense since 2003, Hunter for like 6 months.

I am really worried about midfield though. Will Seedorf, Pirlo and Dinho has the condition to pull off a good match? They need rest, but the option would be playing with 3-4 DM's or something like that. Oh well it is a big game in CL so they should have the motivation to give Real a spanking.

Lebanese
01-11-2009, 17:30
He know Madrid, he was not happy with how his time went there and he will badly want to win. No way that Pippo should be starting. He offers less than Klaas does from a skill perspective. Klaas just needs some service

Man make some sense, before starting a player see his work rate, form, moral and team support. It's a suicide not to start Marco for full 90 mins

pirlofanusa
01-11-2009, 17:39
Man make some sense, before starting a player see his work rate, form, moral and team support. It's a suicide not to start Marco for full 90 mins

is it a suicide because last time we didnt start Marco against Madrid we lost? If Huntelaar isnt starting, I want Borriello. I would prefer Hunter over Pippo. I really like Pippo, but he shouldnt be starting as a general rule.

Lebanese
01-11-2009, 18:04
is it a suicide because last time we didnt start Marco against Madrid we lost? If Huntelaar isnt starting, I want Borriello. I would prefer Hunter over Pippo. I really like Pippo, but he shouldnt be starting as a general rule.

yes. borriello changed the course of the game. just a question pirlofan why would u start hunter over pippo ? do u think pipo's record came out of nothing

pirlofanusa
01-11-2009, 18:15
yes. borriello changed the course of the game. just a question pirlofan why would u start hunter over pippo ? do u think pipo's record came out of nothing

I think that Pippo at this stage in his career is an excellent sub that adds a scoring threat latter on in the game. I dont think he has the lungs to consistently play for 90. I think he matches up much better against tired defenders than he does at the start of games

Lebanese
01-11-2009, 18:23
I think that Pippo at this stage in his career is an excellent sub that adds a scoring threat latter on in the game. I dont think he has the lungs to consistently play for 90. I think he matches up much better against tired defenders than he does at the start of games

you are right... we start pipo then we sub him with borriello :)

K77SH C
01-11-2009, 19:06
Boriello is the man in form, he should start.

Ronnie has been improving and has been making big contributions to games even if he does disappear from time to time so he should also start.

Pato has to start!

Who comes on as a sub from Pippo and Hunter, well at the moment Pippo. But, Leo needs to start thinking about giving Hunter enough minutes on the pitch over a period of time to start to contribute.

Warro Bantan
01-11-2009, 21:05
Wow...and to think I'm not going to be able to see this match live!!!

My bosses will be in town, so there is no sneaking off to see even one half. My phone will be refreshing livescore every minute though, u best believe that!!

It will be interesting to see the fans reactions to Kaka, and I hope he isn't whistled or booed...yet would totally understand if he was.

I hope Xabi Alonso has a poor game, and we keep a clean sheet....it will be an open, exciting match, with both clubs going for the 3 points that will see them through to the next round.

Boriello is a sure starter for me...there is too much at stake to play a striker yet to get off the mark, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter doesn't get a look in....

Hope Nesta is A-OK, and we get a couple good crosses from Oddo...and let's all PRAY that Dida doesn't do a "Dida", but plays like he did vs Parma (though that maybe too much to ask, yet miracles never cease)

FORZA MIIILAN!! Let's show Madrid that it isn't all about what you spend, and prove to Kaka that he should have stayed, even if Madrid were offering more money... :D

Bosniaco
01-11-2009, 22:46
Who would boo Kaka, come on.

Gabriel489
01-11-2009, 23:12
IT will all depend on Nesta for this match.

If Nesta is even back to 80%. Milan will be fine, but if Kala is playing, we can only prey Milan can outscore Real.

Anyone know is CR9 is playing?

It will also be interesting to see how the fans will react to Kaka. As he was too emotional last time they played.

The that scares me is that Dida had two good games in a row, I think he will pull a Dida again this Tuesday.

Also, it will be interesting to see if Pelligerini plays with two ball winners in the middle instead of just Lass.

pirlofanusa
01-11-2009, 23:20
I read that CR9 is out. we need to make sure Xabi Alonso is marked at all times, he can be very dangerous distributing the ball.

also Antonini made some statements that sound to me like he is going to be playing against Madrid. I wonder if Leo is going Zambro-Nesta-Silva-Antonini at the back

Mystik
02-11-2009, 00:44
Last I heard CR9 won't be ready for this match, which is good news because he's been the one doing all the damage for Madrid, not Kaka. We have to beware of Higuain who's a really dangerous striker and please oh please don't give up stupid silly goals!

edysupriadi
02-11-2009, 00:48
I expect Pelegrini to field Raul & RnV, in that case - our defensive line must work real hard..

-------------Dida----------------
Oddo----Nesta?---Silva---Zambro
Seedorf----Pirlo------Ambro----
----Pato---Pippo---- Dinho-------

Welcome back Kaka - FORZA MILAN !

Gabriel489
02-11-2009, 01:46
Well, without CR9, Raul and RVN will be 40% less dangerous.
I believe Antonini will start over Oddo, as he is a much better FB at this moment than Oddo.
And despite Pippo scoring records, I see no reason why Borreillo is not starting as the man just scored two goals over the weekend and is the most in form player on the squad.

guestes
02-11-2009, 02:19
Abate or Oddo for RB? Sure, Oddo is in good form, but let us face it, he is not going to be whipping in great crosses all night. His delivery into the box is usually poor, and he takes a while to backtrack into defense after an attacking run. i would sincerely like to see how Madrid handle the pace of Pato and Abate going at them!

I would save Antonini for this game. He has a slight injury...

tim_milan
02-11-2009, 03:27
A must win for us. Glad Nesta is back. I prefer Antonini over Zambrota, specially coz Zambrotta gets beaten for pace and everytime he slides to tackle someone in the penalty area my heart is in my mouth. I mean it ll be better if we can substitue him in the second half. My first eleven would be:
Dida-Oddo-Nesta-Silva-Antonini
--Gattuso------------Pirlo--
----------Seedorf-----------
--Pato----Boriello--------Ronaldhino

Substitutions: Zambrotta-Antonini
Ambrosini-Gattuso
Boriello-Huntlaar/Pippo
Oddo s crosses are poor without a doubt but so is Abate s. Abate would be better of in the midfield. I would like to see him play but am not sure for whom?? FORZA MILAN

edysupriadi
02-11-2009, 05:24
I believe Antonini will start over Oddo, as he is a much better FB at this moment than Oddo.
And despite Pippo scoring records, I see no reason why Borreillo is not starting as the man just scored two goals over the weekend and is the most in form player on the squad.

I thought Antonini had injury during our last game?

Regarding Pippo, I hope to see Borrielo starting too, but I have a strong feeling that Pippo will start first despite Borri's recent performance..I dunno, when it comes to Champ's league, it seems like Leo prefers those oldguards w/ some experience in cups.. Well, lets see.. :)

guestes
02-11-2009, 05:48
I would probably start off with Inzaghi, and if he doesn't capitalise in this game (although he usually does), then we have a targetman in red hot form to come on for him....

Christian
02-11-2009, 10:20
Some facts from Football Italia:

Head-to-head
Milan and Real Madrid have met each other 12 times in European football, all in Champions Cup/Champions League. The Italians have the upper hand (6-1-5).

These clubs played against each other in one European final, the 1957/1958 Champions Cup. Real won 3-2 after extra time.

Milan have a perfect record at home against Real, having won all five previous encounters.

Real Madrid have only scored once in an away match at Milan. That was in the second leg of the Champions Cup semifinal in 1956 when José "Joseito" Iglesias scored in a 2-1 defeat.

Since that match, Real have lost 2-0 (1964), 5-0 (1989), 2-0 (1989) and 1-0 (2002) against Milan at San Siro.

Real have lost their last five matches (home and away) against clubs from Italy, twice against AS Roma and Juventus and once against Milan.

Real’s last four visits to Italy have resulted in three defeats and one draw. They have only won four of their 26 matches on Italian soil in European competition (4-5-17).

Milan
Have not won any of their last three home matches in Europe. They lost to FC Zürich (0-1) in their previous match in San Siro and drew with VfL Wolfsburg (2-2) and Werder Bremen (2-2) in last season’s UEFA Cup.

Have also lost their last two home matches in the Champions League without scoring a goal. They were beaten by Arsenal (0-2) in March 2008 and by FC Zürich (0-1) in September.

This is only the second time in Milan’s Champions League history that they have recorded such a streak. In the 2003/2004 group phase, the Rossoneri lost to Club Brugge (0-1) and Celta de Vigo (1-2) at home, but still finished top of the group.

Milan’s club record for most European home matches without a win is five and was set in the 2000/2001 season when they had five consecutive draws at home in the Champions League.

Including Champions League qualifiers, Filippo Inzaghi has scored 48 goals in the Champions League. Only four other players have scored 50 or more goals in this competition.

Clarence Seedorf has played the most European matches of all active players (140). He only trials Paolo Maldini (168) and Oliver Kahn (141).

Seedorf played for Real between 1996 and 1999, winning the CL in 1998. He scored three goals in 25 CL matches for Madrid.

Beside Seedorf there are seven other players that have represented both clubs in the Champions League. They are Christian Panucci, Fernando Redondo, Pablo García, Ronaldo, David Beckham, Émerson and Kaká.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar joined Milan from Madrid this summer. He scored eight goals in 20 La Liga matches for the Spaniards in the six months he played there.

Gianluca Zambrotta will be suspended if booked.

Real Madrid
Have not recorded a draw in their last 15 European matches. Their club record streak for most European matches without a draw is 17 and was first set between 1976-1980 and equalled between 1985-1987.

Raúl has scored 67 European goals, 66 in the Champions League and 1 in the European Super Cup. This is only two shy of Gerd Müller’s all-time record. Raúl has played 131 European matches against Müller’s 77.

Real have scored the most goals of all clubs so far this CL season (10).

Cristiano Ronaldo is top scorer in the CL this season with four goals.

Kaká played for Milan for six seasons. He has scored 23 goals for Milan in 56 CL matches.
_____________________________________________

Can't wait for this game, it's gonna be strange to see Kaká at San Siro. I really hope the Ultra's give him a good reception though. Real Madrid are gonna be extra motivated though after the Alcoron(?) humiliation, and since Pellegrini might lose his job if they lose I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about this one. Also, why do people think RvN will play? I'm almost cetain that they'll play Higuain/Raul or Benzema/Raul. Hopefully they'll play Marcelo aswell at LB, cause last time Pato was dominating him pretty well, although I'm not sure Arbeloa is that much better.

Our boys have shown great spirit though, and I really hope that they can show Europe what they can do, especially Pato (Again). I'm 90% certain that the formation is gonna be like everyone expects it to be, Zambrotta, Thiago, Nesta, Oddo... etc. and Borriello up top, but let's just hope that Seedorf and Pirlo in particular has the legs for it.

FORZA MILAN

hitmannq8
02-11-2009, 14:50
Antonini has been playing better than Zambrotta, but to be honest Antonini does mess up sometimes in defence and I don't think he has what it takes to play in a big game like this, Zambrotta does.

And on the right side -are you guys INSANE? how the hell could play Abate in a game like this? That kid is so one dimensional and still lacks alotta experience. Oddo has been absolutely fantastic in defense and he did do well against Real the first game. There is no reason AT ALL that Abate should start ahead of Oddo for this game. Leonardo rested Oddo against Parma to play tomorrow I believe. However, Oddo's crosses are absolutely horrible but he usually does get one out of five right.

My formation is the expected formation by Gazzetta:

------------------------- DIDA ------------------------
ODDO------NESTA-------------SILVA----ZAMBROTTA
------AMBROSINI------PIRLO-------SEEDORF--------
----PATO-------------BORIELLO---------RONALDINHO


Hoping to see a GRAND Pato and Pirlo in this game. I don't expect Boriello to do much. Milan's been on good form, Real's been on bad form, and Real's record against Milan and Italians has been horrible...In my opinion, everything points towards a Real victory. Anyway let's hope for a draw, anything just as long as we don't lose this one.

Lebanese
02-11-2009, 15:41
Antonini has been playing better than Zambrotta, but to be honest Antonini does mess up sometimes in defence and I don't think he has what it takes to play in a big game like this, Zambrotta does.

And on the right side -are you guys INSANE? how the hell could play Abate in a game like this? That kid is so one dimensional and still lacks alotta experience. Oddo has been absolutely fantastic in defense and he did do well against Real the first game. There is no reason AT ALL that Abate should start ahead of Oddo for this game. Leonardo rested Oddo against Parma to play tomorrow I believe. However, Oddo's crosses are absolutely horrible but he usually does get one out of five right.

My formation is the expected formation by Gazzetta:

------------------------- DIDA ------------------------
ODDO------NESTA-------------SILVA----ZAMBROTTA
------AMBROSINI------PIRLO-------SEEDORF--------
----PATO-------------BORIELLO---------RONALDINHO


Hoping to see a GRAND Pato and Pirlo in this game. I don't expect Boriello to do much. Milan's been on good form, Real's been on bad form, and Real's record against Milan and Italians has been horrible...In my opinion, everything points towards a Real victory. Anyway let's hope for a draw, anything just as long as we don't lose this one.

spot on. :p283:

Dutchie-Milan
02-11-2009, 15:47
Getting a draw isnt unrealistic at all,in Madrid we played really well untill Dida made that howler,untill then everything went according to plan.

We have to attack more,like we saw in the previous game Real cant defend very well in a united block like we do,they dont understand each other well because many players are new,so that leads to spaces and we have to take more advantage.

If we play like we did last match,concentrated,with a lot of grit and energy and efficient,then we can win from this Real.On paper they are very scary and strong but on the field they cant work with each other as we can.We have to take possesion and not defend at all costs,lets hit them hard!

FORZA MILAN!

Gio-mania
02-11-2009, 16:10
Antonini has been playing better than Zambrotta, but to be honest Antonini does mess up sometimes in defence and I don't think he has what it takes to play in a big game like this, Zambrotta does.

And on the right side -are you guys INSANE? how the hell could play Abate in a game like this? That kid is so one dimensional and still lacks alotta experience. Oddo has been absolutely fantastic in defense and he did do well against Real the first game. There is no reason AT ALL that Abate should start ahead of Oddo for this game. Leonardo rested Oddo against Parma to play tomorrow I believe. However, Oddo's crosses are absolutely horrible but he usually does get one out of five right.

My formation is the expected formation by Gazzetta:

------------------------- DIDA ------------------------
ODDO------NESTA-------------SILVA----ZAMBROTTA
------AMBROSINI------PIRLO-------SEEDORF--------
----PATO-------------BORIELLO---------RONALDINHO


Hoping to see a GRAND Pato and Pirlo in this game. I don't expect Boriello to do much. Milan's been on good form, Real's been on bad form, and Real's record against Milan and Italians has been horrible...In my opinion, everything points towards a Real victory. Anyway let's hope for a draw, anything just as long as we don't lose this one.

I dont quite follow that logical reasoning :zany:

And I do expect some Borrigol-action. The guy is on fire, and he runs and helps out. Our top striker.

Otherwise I agree with your post.

hitmannq8
02-11-2009, 18:31
TMW reports that Inzaghi will start ahead of Boriello..... Forza SuperPippo!!!

ginoformaggino
02-11-2009, 20:20
strange, 2 weeks ago I was without hope, now, I feel better ..... :nervous: actually, I would not want that.... :dconf:
After to have touched my balls, only just for the occasion, I remember this '5 fingers' memoria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwx-K5UUnBQ&feature=player_embedded
come on, old r\b heart, another 11 lions' night :firedev:

guestes
02-11-2009, 20:22
strange, 2 weeks ago I was without hope, now, I feel better ..... :nervous: actually, I would not want that.... :dconf:
After to have touched my balls, only just for the occasion, I remember this '5 fingers' memoria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwx-K5UUnBQ&feature=player_embedded
come on, old r\b heart, another 11 lions' night :firedev:

WTF? "After to have touched my balls"

ginoformaggino
02-11-2009, 21:07
Saliwonczyk maybe it's only because of my broken english :5drunk: you may call it stupid superstition, ok, in Italy we are used to fight bad signes touching just for an instant the balls, everyone touch their own balls and the bad future goes away... directed to Merdid. :1d31:

brk
02-11-2009, 21:39
Is that why you have Borat in your avatar? Constant ball touching to ward away evil spirits?

guestes
02-11-2009, 23:21
Saliwonczyk maybe it's only because of my broken english :5drunk: you may call it stupid superstition, ok, in Italy we are used to fight bad signes touching just for an instant the balls, everyone touch their own balls and the bad future goes away... directed to Merdid. :1d31:

Well Leo must have done this "ball touching" alot lately

Blacktop
03-11-2009, 01:40
Kaka returning to the San Siro will be like Favre returning to Lambeau, both occurring in the span of only three days, no less.

Anyone know is CR9 is playing?
Nope. He won't even be traveling with the team.

Blacktop
03-11-2009, 01:43
Edit: Curses, double post.

guestes
03-11-2009, 02:12
Is Madrid playing the same team as last time?

Rossoneri8
03-11-2009, 04:04
i hope Nesta is still fit after this match.

bijon
03-11-2009, 04:12
will nesta be playing?

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 04:41
yes nesta will be playing

Jay Crisp
03-11-2009, 04:49
So a few sites and tv stations are reporting that Pippo will start with Dinho + Pato. I just wonder after watching Borriello these last few games he has been playing very well , he holds up the ball well his passes ar on point and he is more skillfull than Pippo faster too. But he doesn't have Pippos nose to sniff out a goal. Then again Pippo needs a few chances to score and gets caught offside so much , i think Pippo is great but he never gives me any confidence but always me wrong heres to him doing it again.

Lebanese
03-11-2009, 04:53
Gazzetta predicted borriello will be starting as our target man and inzaghi will start from the bench. i just read diago interview and honestly i dont know why we are keeping his sorry A**. he said that he wants real to win. this guy is a total loser, his card belongs to milan. he should at least be neutral

guestes
03-11-2009, 04:55
Gazzetta predicted borriello will be starting as our target man and inzaghi will start from the bench. i just read diago interview and honestly i dont know why we are keeping his sorry A**. he said that he wants real to win. this guy is a total loser, his card belongs to milan. he should at least be neutral

Kaka's brother?

Jay Crisp
03-11-2009, 05:16
Cheers Lebanese id prefer Borriello ATM. As for Digao his day is over he's useless I can a see court case between him and Kaka in the future because Digao sold all Kakas medals and personal awards...he isn't worth a thought not today.

Lebanese
03-11-2009, 05:46
this game really scares me, i hope we can compete on fitness level because our midfield is totally wasted, 5 games in 15 days, even a 24 years old player will be tired. i am just wishing for seedorf to have a great game, a game like manchester at san siro. and i really hope leo charged the players well. its time to show them whats up.

GeoTav
03-11-2009, 05:56
Guys, I don't know why, but I feel like we're going to beat Real 3 or 4-1 tonight ... it's a strange feeling as I've never been confident in our team since the first game of the season (I mean, I always have doubts before games since the start of this season).

Maybe it's because we have a team ... and they have only a sum of players ? Kaka will probably score once in San Siro, and if that's the case, I'd like to know how he will celebrate his goal. But I feel Pato, Borriello, Seedorf (I think he will do a big match tonight, a match like he didn't do since a long time, don't know why) and even Ronaldinho will be unstoppable.

Anyway, we must win tonight because Marseille will probably beat Zurich, and we should let Real having a "win or die" game against Marseille in Marseille instead of us having this kind of game ...

Christian
03-11-2009, 06:44
Guys, I don't know why, but I feel like we're going to beat Real 3 or 4-1 tonight ... it's a strange feeling as I've never been confident in our team since the first game of the season (I mean, I always have doubts before games since the start of this season).

Maybe it's because we have a team ... and they have only a sum of players ? Kaka will probably score once in San Siro, and if that's the case, I'd like to know how he will celebrate his goal. But I feel Pato, Borriello, Seedorf (I think he will do a big match tonight, a match like he didn't do since a long time, don't know why) and even Ronaldinho will be unstoppable.

Anyway, we must win tonight because Marseille will probably beat Zurich, and we should let Real having a "win or die" game against Marseille in Marseille instead of us having this kind of game ...

I remember he was asked if he would celebrate if he scored against us, and he replied that he wouldn't even dream about it. I thought that was pretty cool. I just hope that he gets a good reception from the Ultra's as well, would hate it to be like Ibrahimovic at San Siro against Inter.

Can't believe Digao said that, isn't he still a Milan player?

LebRN
03-11-2009, 07:37
I remember he was asked if he would celebrate if he scored against us, and he replied that he wouldn't even dream about it. I thought that was pretty cool. I just hope that he gets a good reception from the Ultra's as well, would hate it to be like Ibrahimovic at San Siro against Inter.

Can't believe Digao said that, isn't he still a Milan player?


i don't remember where i read this but they were saying that although that is what he said, he did not hold back on his celebrations when Raul scored the 1st goal... honestly i don't remember how he celebrated that ....if anyone does or have it taped, i would just like to know...

Regardless of his celebrations, i definitely think he should be greeted very warmly because of his contributions at Milan and the CL cup he basically single-handedly won for us in 2007.

and Digao who?????

ACMILAN1983
03-11-2009, 08:40
I think to beat Real, we need to do what we did in the second half of the last match against them. Attack them and press them, making them suffer at the back.

Before the last match I said the attack was good but attacking their defence (the weak point) would be key to victory. My thoughts haven't changed and we're in much better form than them.

We should go out to win, purely as it'll make our passage through to the next round much more comfortable. A draw or loss isn't the end of the world and I'd expect us to go through, but it'll make life difficult.

bijon
03-11-2009, 09:53
I hope Higuain is not playing, him and raul make a dangerous combo

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 10:47
Diago wouldnt even be "playing" if Kaka wasnt his brother. I hope Borri or Hunter starts the game. Pippo missed chances against Zurich, and the team played much better after he was subbed in Madrid.

Blacktop
03-11-2009, 12:30
Can't believe Digao said that, isn't he still a Milan player?
Absolutely not. He's not much of a player, period, and had no business wearing the Milan shirt.

He was the apex of Milan's nepotism fetish over the past few years.

mrki
03-11-2009, 13:29
We need to expect better Real Madride then the one that played in Madrid. For sure they cannot repeat 2 games in which they do not know what they are doing most of the time.

With that thoughts our players need to step on the pitch and give 200% of concentration. What Madrid does then will not matter coz Milan will not loose if this team plays 90min concentrated.

Most likely: Dida-Oddo-NEsta-Thiago-Zambro-Pirlo-Ambro-Seedorf-Dinho-Pato-Boriello.

If Seedorf continues to walk in front of Pirlo-Ambro I will probably yell so much at him he'll hear me in the San Siro :) :) And lets go Ronaldinho, run, run!! :)

Now, after this "expert" analisis I will go and sit in front of the tv as a real fanatic of ac milan's CL games :) I cant even write serious stuff in here...

Reza
03-11-2009, 13:34
Absolutely not. He's not much of a player, period, and had no business wearing the Milan shirt.

He was the apex of Milan's nepotism fetish over the past few years.

Milan are far from the only club to include relatives in deals from playing to providing housing, actually I think Milan have done it less than virtually every club you can think of.

GeoTav
03-11-2009, 13:46
Oh yeah, what let me feel comfortable for this game is the fact that I will watch it on TV for once and so, Milan is going to win, like all games I saw on TV this season !! :D

nefremo
03-11-2009, 13:55
official line-ups from uefa.com

Milan: Dida - Oddo - Nesta - Silva - Zambrotta - Ambrosini - Pirlo - Seedorf - Pato - Boriello - Ronaldinho

Madrid: Casillas - Ramos - Pepe - Albiol - Arbeloa - L.Diarra - Alosno - Marcelo - Kaka - Higuain - Benzema

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 14:00
official line-ups from uefa.com

Milan: Dida - Oddo - Nesta - Silva - Zambrotta - Ambrosini - Pirlo - Seedorf - Pato - Boriello - Ronaldinho

Madrid: Casillas - Ramos - Pepe - Albiol - Arbeloa - L.Diarra - Alosno - Marcelo - Kaka - Higuain - Benzema


Solid lineup. I would prefer Flamini and maybe Antonini but this is a good lineup. I hope we arent tired.

No Raul? that is surprising.

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 14:11
Jimmy Cliff, "the harder they come, the harder they fall"...

ThrusT
03-11-2009, 14:15
Smart line-up by Pellegirini, always dangerous having Raul coming off the bench luckily we can counter that with Pippo. Hope our midfield can keep up with this Marcelo - Kaka - Higuain - Benzema, pretty fast attack with Marcelo.

Though I think we can outsmart them technically and defensively.

Can't wait for the match to start!!

Forza Milan :p283:

Warro Bantan
03-11-2009, 14:17
Madrid´s line up is really scary...ah well...FORZA MIIIIIIIIIILAN!!! Lets hope the tired legs can give another great peformance!! Im at work, will try to snatch a quick look via streaming....

tim_milan
03-11-2009, 14:29
Who cares....Nesta is back....So no worries guys.....Let us win this one....FORZA MILAN

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 14:36
if Goal's bench is correct we only have Kala as a defender on the bench, but Verdi is there...

any links for the game?

Warro Bantan
03-11-2009, 14:36
Jimmy Cliff, "the harder they come, the harder they fall"... Big talk dat my yute!! Brap brap brap!!

Warro Bantan
03-11-2009, 14:48
Try: http://www.atdhe.net/ it isnt working for me, but Ive been having net issues all week...

Rossoneri8
03-11-2009, 14:52
which channel can I get English comment on sopcast or IE?thanks in advance

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:01
We aren't maintaining possession like we usually do. Real are changing the point of attack, a lot. And it seems to be working. Ronaldinho is working hard, but we have not really had any sustained possession of the ball and that is clearly hurting us, and we rely on ball possession to impose our game.

I guess the good thing is that Real is being forced to shoot from outside, I just want to see Ronaldinho with the ball more, and Pato. They seem poised to do something, but we aren't giving them ball, we're just soaking up pressure, and I don't like it.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:08
Man, Pato is being fouled, constantly, and they are not major, like slide tackles from behind or stamps on his legs. They are small things, but the ref doesn't seem interested in giving the free-kicks.

Ronaldinho sends a dangerous ball into the box, and runs back to grab the ball back from Kaka. Borriello wastes the break forward.

We are seemingly in a bit of a funk. But Real aren't taking advantage, but they are winning corners. We need to hold possession more, playing at this pace isn't suited to our game and Benzema's shot is just wide of the post.

We really need to slow things down, Real are the ones who have to chase this game, not us. Dinho finally gets a free-kick after being wrestled by Lass after smart movement. Seedorf squares the ball for Ambro, free at the top of the box, and he hits an American Football kick into the stands.

We really need to slow things down. Pirlo and Seedorf are trying to match the quick-releases of Real. As shown by the quick ball to Pato, but he's not ready for it yet.

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 15:11
pATO IS NOT SHARP 2NITE....

Warro Bantan
03-11-2009, 15:11
Thanks Samaldinho for the updates...I cant get a link to work for NOTHING!

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:12
God damnit! Seedorf breaks forward and gives Pato a great ball on the right side, instead of shooting first time, he tricks past his marker, but Casillas is brave and comes out to smother Pato's shot. This is much better, and it seems slowly Milan is imposing their style of play on the game.

Dinho will do something with the ball, I can just feel it. His small passes for distribution are really opening up space, and he's actually matching that with his work rate.

That being said, he just puts a bad pass forward to Borriello. Real just win a free-kick for nothing. I'm not usually a person to comment on refs, but I have to say, this ref is pretty poor.

Jay Crisp
03-11-2009, 15:13
Dinho is lazy again dude needs a kick up the ass to try harder.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:15
Real's formation is opening up huge spaces in the middle that we really haven't taken advantage of. Thiago Silva and Nesta are playing very well.

Zambrotta isn't pushing forward like he used to, but he's defending very well, especially as he's usually alone.

Good stuff from Milan now! We are holding the ball, and Nesta gets caught up with the ball and has to just smash it out.

****, Benzema just scored.

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 15:16
We are loseing the ball way to easy. Only player standing out for me at the moment is ambro
nests is playing shocking this game

OCmilano
03-11-2009, 15:17
Dida you are an idiot. Simple as that. Sorry to all dida fans but this guy makes the dumbest mistakes ever.


FCK YOU DIDA!!!!

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 15:17
Dida cant even catch a cold or crabs from one of Berlu's whores!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:19
Dida just takes a pretty good save, nothing world-class, but he bats it right in front of Benzema, who uses a tight angle to hit it past Dida who really could do better.

The bigger issue is that Pato, just got fouled and I don't think he got the free-kick. It's ridiculous at this point.

Seeing the replays, Dida really made two mistakes. The first was the way he saved the cross-shot, but it looks like he could have done better on Benzema's shot. I dunno, maybe I'm being harsh.

When I was talking about Real moving the point of attack, it is exactly that sort of thing that let them score. Ambro, Seedorf, and Pirlo were all clumped on the left, the right being exposed, and that's how they pushed for their goal. Yes, Dida made a mistake, but Real is always quickly changing the point of attack and it's working.

Lass is really fouling our players and he deserves at least a yellow.

PENALTY WON BY ZAMBRO!

Jay Crisp
03-11-2009, 15:19
Penalty for milan

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 15:20
Yes penalty in the box hand ball

OCmilano
03-11-2009, 15:20
Score pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 15:20
he never needs to catch the ball... i was afraid this would happen sooner or later

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:20
Dinho Goal!!!!!!!

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 15:21
I'm going to send that that reff a fine bottle of PATRON.... thanks a lot!!!!

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:23
Dinho is trying hard, by the way, I have no complaints from him. Borriello is a little wasteful, but that's okay.

Milan's problem is in our midfield today. They are not playing like they can.

Pato just scored and it was ruled for offside (?) Bull if you ask me.

Milan is playing with more enthusiasm.

Looking at replays, that Pato goal was so perfect, utter crap!

King tiger
03-11-2009, 15:23
Jesus christ

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 15:23
This ref is ****ing ****

OCmilano
03-11-2009, 15:23
What happened with patos goal?

Warro Bantan
03-11-2009, 15:24
FORZA DINO!!!! Well done mi boss!!! Now, score a hat-trick and lets win this damn game!!

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 15:25
I'm taking back That Bottle of Patron from the ref....

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:27
I'm sorry, even if that Zambro penalty was harsh, that Pato goal was incredibly odd.

The ref is giving nothing to Milan and really awarding some odd kicks to Real.

Lass really has talent, I like him, but boy, he really deserves to be in the book for the way he literally wrestles Dinho and Seedorf from the ball.

Arildonardo
03-11-2009, 15:28
Pato's goal should have never been disallowed...

Bayern - Bordeaux 0 - 1
Gourcuff

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:29
Wow. Dinho makes a perfect tackle at the top of our box. He's really tracking back, no doubt about that.

Zambro is pushing forward very well. Lass makes a great slide on Zambro, Ambro makes a perfect one on Higuain to respond.

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 15:29
Ambro is playing very good , top defence

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 15:30
Dinho is up fo this match...

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 15:33
Dinho has had many good games against Real, hopefully he will continue to play well

Warro Bantan
03-11-2009, 15:35
See if these work:

http://www.livetvcable.com (Tested Working) http://www.livetosports.com http://www.thelivesports.info/ http://www.rockmobilez.net/sports/ http://www.songsfever.com/sports/ http://www.symbianspace.com/online-tv/

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 15:36
Are we going to buy Milos Krasic????
We should... a real live wire!!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!
Bombo claaat ref thief nuh Raaaasss

Bosniaco
03-11-2009, 15:38
This ****en Ref Is ****ed Up, Disallow A Perfect Goal Out Of His Mind

brk
03-11-2009, 15:40
Yeah, but our penalty was very debatable. Too bad, it was a great goal by Pato. Hope he uses that to motivate himself and not be too down about it.

Exciting game, though. Ambro is really up for this.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 15:42
real pity to disallow the goal. our midfield looks old... they have had to play a lot the last couple weeks. It might be a good idea to put Abate and/or Flamini on at some point to add some pace and energy to the midfield

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:42
Dinho wins the ball back from Lass. Even Pato comes back to win the ball.

That Pato goal being ruled out was ridiculous, fine, you want to question the penalty, fine, but that Pato goal was simply robbed from Pato.

Milan is really playing to Real's game, rather than imposing our own, and that is the problem with Milan. Ambro is working hard, Pirlo's passing is a bit off, Seedorf has done well, but he seems a bit tired.

We really should slow the game down, we can out-pass them, easily. By trying to play them for pace, which yes, we do have, in some players, we are exposing ourselves to plays like the one that led to Real goal.

Borriello is providing an important physical presence, but he needs to make himself available like he did against Parma. He can do it, he just needs to stop trying to physically duel Pepe, because it's clear the ref isn't going to be awarding Milan free-kicks for being pushed over.

I hope Leo doesn't put Pipppo in right after the break, it will hurt us.

That Pato goal was so good. I can't believe they disallowed that.

Dutchie-Milan
03-11-2009, 15:48
I have to complement Ambro,really he is covering both Kaka and other players at once,he is running around like crazy,if it wasnt for him Real would have scored,he is shutting down spaces allot!

That ref is a bit weird....he isnt doing anything at all...

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:49
No changes it seems for either side.

Second half begins!

Dutchie-Milan
03-11-2009, 15:49
Marseille is leading 2-1,i hope Zurich can put one in the back of the net and that it will end with a draw.That will be perfect for us.

FORZA MILAN,LETS WIN THIS ****ING MATCH!

PS: Damn Kaka is good!

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:53
Again, Milan starts out poor.

Seedorf! Wow! He really battles Lass well, I wonder if Lass would be a good replacement for Seedorf? Not attacking enough, but wow, Seedorf really is working hard.

Finally Ambro wins a free-kick for Milan. Dinho does well, it seems that if Dinho gets an opening, Milan will score.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 15:55
Finally! Milan is, FINALLY, starting to play like we always do. Slow down the game, keep possession, change the pace of the game when we probe for the opening. This is why I love Milan, and we need to keep playing like that.

Pepe all most collided with his own player, and this is how we should be playing. We're now starting to ask questions of Real's defense, and that's good, because it seems that if we just keep possession, we will take them out of their shape and get our opening.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:00
Wonderful ball from Dinho! Pato does great with it, and gets whistled for handling, which was a questionable call, though, you could see why (Pato's arm was up)

Dinho steals the ball from Kaka, great tracking back, and then runs all the way up for a promising exchange.

I swear, if anyone says Dinho didn't try this game, I don't know what game you were watching.

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 16:01
Ambro -> kaka

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:02
Dinho dishes out a delightful piece of skill to set Zambrotta free. He is clipped by Marcelo, who gets a yellow card.

Pirlo sends in a good free-kick and Ambro has a free header and he heads it like he's clearing it out of his own box.

ELiTEE
03-11-2009, 16:06
Haha dinho is playing so well

Jay Crisp
03-11-2009, 16:09
Pato is getting fouled so much its ridiculous.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:09
Great passing and trick exchange between Seedorf and Dinho.

Milan are neutralizing Real, but, it seems that Milan need to really get the second goal they deserve, really great work from Seedorf and Ambro in the midfield, it really has to be said.

Dinho finally wins a free-kick for being man-handled by Sergio Ramos for the 15th time.

Borriello is useful by winning the ball and holding it. But, he's not offering a real goal threat like he did last game. I'm just nervous of Pippo coming on for him, I'm not sure if the way the game is going would suit him.

Pato wins a free kick, finally.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:10
Dinho is playing well. I really hope he keeps this up. Pato needs to be careful, losing him would be very bad. when Madrid's defense starts to tire I would like to see Abate for Seedorf and exploite the matchup that his speed gives us. I would also consider (not quite yet) taking Pato off for Huntelaar and moving Boriello to the right

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:11
From the free-kick Thiago Silva tussles with Alonso for a header. The resulting corner comes to nothing.

Thiago tells the crowd to get louder.

Milan is cooly holding onto the ball like we are known for, but you still get the sense that Milan really needs to get that second soon, because they are the better side, that is of little doubt.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:16
The game is slowing down a lot now, but its like Milan has the lead the way we are playing.

Pirlo is starting to push farther forward, and we are not changing the pace of the game like we can. We can do much better, we need urgency and it doesn't seem like we have it all of a sudden.

Dutchie-Milan
03-11-2009, 16:17
I need a working link you guys.ASAP PLEASE SOMEBODY!

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:18
Raul comes on for Higuain. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:19
I think we need to get some urgency on the field! we need a score.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:20
Arbeloa gets a yellow card for clattering into Pato when Seedorf breaks free.

Poor free-kick from Pirlo.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:22
Pippo will be coming on for Borriello it seems.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:24
I would have like to give the Hunter a chance against his old side. Regardless Forza Pippo! Pippo vs Raul with the game on the line

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:25
Great ball from Dinho to Pippo. Pippo is a little slow but makes Pepe concede a corner.

Cleared away by Real, Zambrotta tries his luck from distance.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:28
Really, the way Milan are playing, it's as if we are winning 2-1. I don't like it.

Maybe we're happy with the draw? That's what it looks like, if you ask me.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:30
I wish Borri or Hunter had gotten that chance... Pippo seems to be a bit out of form

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:32
Ref gives an odd free-kick, looks more like a slip, what contact was there was pretty minimal.

Both teams seem a bit okay with the result. Things are starting to heat up now, though. Dinho exchanged some nice passes with Seedorf, and tries to find Pippo, Casillas gets to it first.

Shot from Marcelo, Dida makes it more a dramatic save then it should have been. Real is starting to push forward now and Milan, again, are acting as if they are defending a 2-1 lead.

Brilliant save from Dida on Raul!

Jay Crisp
03-11-2009, 16:33
Diddles does it again great save.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:33
Come on Milan! Please lets see Abate!

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:35
maybe our team thinks that Pato's goal counted so they are trying to defend the lead...

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:38
Game ends, 1-1.

I really say, we should have won the game 2-1, but, the truth is now we are playing much better. Questions on how we finished the game, to be honest, Dinho and Seedorf seemed to be the only one's trying anything. Pato couldn't stop getting fouled, it was ridiculous.

Man, if only we didn't lose to Zurich, even a draw with them, we should be a stronger place right now. But, hey, that's okay, I am confident that we can take our next two games.

It has to be said, the ref was more influential than the players, and how that Pato goal got disallowed is beyond me.

edysupriadi
03-11-2009, 16:40
Great performance by Dida too.. :)

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:40
it could have been much worse. If Dida had some glue on his gloves we win. Pato should have gotten the goal. disappointing but we are in much better shape that we were a few weeks ago

HO-YOUNG
03-11-2009, 16:42
Disappointing second half... we needed a real live wire to run at Madrid tired defenders...

Rossoneri8
03-11-2009, 16:42
the ref killed the night

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 16:45
Disappointing second half... we needed a real live wire to run at Madrid tired defenders...

Abate should have been brought on with about 1o minutes left imo

Bosniaco
03-11-2009, 16:47
Definitly Abate should have entered the game. Him and Pato would run the living life out of Arbeloa. Anyways not a bad result. Marsille bombed Zurich with 6 goal.s

GeoTav
03-11-2009, 16:47
Anyway, we own our destiny in this group now ...
We have to beat Marseille at home and we will be qualified.

The problem is that now, we play a "win or die" game !! Because if Marseille was to beat us, we would have then to hope for a victory from Marseille or Madrid in the other game while we beat Zurich.

1 - Milan (7 points)
2 - Madrid (7 points)
3 - Marseille (6 points)
4 - Zurich (3 points)

Next games:
Milan - Marseille
Madrid - Zurich

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:48
I'm not too bothered by the result. We beat them in Madrid, that's good enough from me.

I think the team will be disappointed with the draw, but at the same time, you could tell that neither team really wanted to make a mistake or risk anything.

This is the sort of performance I expect from Dinho, he ran hard today. Seedorf deserves major kudos for the way he played today. He really was exceptional.

Pato seemed to lose some steam after he got his yellow card. That being said, he really setup Inzaghi well, but, again, I think the whole team kind of just, calmed down and seemed okay with the draw.

brk
03-11-2009, 16:51
Man, if only we didn't lose to Zurich, even a draw with them, we should be a stronger place right now. But, hey, that's okay, I am confident that we can take our next two games.


Actually, we're in a pretty good position right now. Maybe that's why both teams seemed satisfied with a draw.

As far as I can tell, we only have to EITHER win at Zurich, or draw with OM. Is that right?

Now:

Milan 7
Real 7
OM 6
Zurich 3

Milan: Zurich win, OM loss, OM draw Real

Real 11
Milan 10
OM 10
Zurich 3

Goal difference? ****.

Milan: OM draw, Zurich draw, OM beat Real.

Real 10
OM 10
Milan 9
Zurich 4

Milan: OM draw, Zurich draw, OM draw Real

Real 11
Milan 9
OM 8
Zurich 4

Milan: OM loss, Zurich win, Real beat OM

Real 13
Milan 10
OM 9
Zurich 3


Does this sound right? If we beat Zurich we're in unless OM draw Real. They just scored 5, so they'll win the goal difference.

Good news is that Real can't qualify from the next game. They have to play well against OM in the last game. If we beat OM we qualify automatically.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:52
I'm not sure if this is 100% right. But I remember the announcer saying something that any time Milan meets Madrid in the CL, we go on to win the CL.

I'm not sure the exact phrase or the conditions, but that'd be pretty cool.

Rossoneri8
03-11-2009, 16:54
I'm not too bothered by the result. We beat them in Madrid, that's good enough from me.

I think the team will be disappointed with the draw, but at the same time, you could tell that neither team really wanted to make a mistake or risk anything.

This is the sort of performance I expect from Dinho, he ran hard today. Seedorf deserves major kudos for the way he played today. He really was exceptional.

Pato seemed to lose some steam after he got his yellow card. That being said, he really setup Inzaghi well, but, again, I think the whole team kind of just, calmed down and seemed okay with the draw.too many decisions against Pato but the Ref as well as the linesman seemed blind. The yellow-carded foul was absolute non-sense, since Pato chested the ball down.

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 16:56
I know Rossoneri! I can't understand how many times Pato, Dinho, or Borriello had to be smacked into before we would get some free-kicks!

How Lass evaded a yellow card is beyond me.

I really wish Pato's goal counted, he deserved as much.

Stitch
03-11-2009, 17:00
i didn't like seedorf's game as much as you guys, he lost a lot of balls in attack, especially in the first half. but you could see he was trying, he wasnt your typical slowdorf, and that's good enough for me.

dida is really surprising me, another good performance. although you could see he has troubles with positioning (that's why drenthe scored in madrid, and kaka (i think) came very close tonight).

pato was awesome, and you could see on madrid's defenders how much he frustrated them. pippo's chance was the biggest dissapointment, those are "his" situations. he scores all of his goals from similar opportunities, why didn't he do it tonight :(

GeoTav
03-11-2009, 17:01
Actually, if we are sure to beat Zurich, we can lose against Marseille as long as the score is 1-0 (if 2-1, it's the goal difference and their 6-1 is too big, and if it's 3-2, 4-3, 2-0, etc, Marseille would be ahead of us).

But the best would be to beat Marseille to be sure to qualify, and beat Zurich too to be sure to be first of that group ...

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 17:03
I love Pippo but he has been a bit disappointing lately. He has been missing goals that he always used to make.

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 17:13
Zambrotta has gotten a lot of heat lately but he was very good tonight. Pato was dangerous. I love watching him play. Is there any doubt we have the best centerback duo in Europe? Seedorf and Ambro played their hearts out. They need a rest though. Pirlo was fine, not great but fine. Oddo was probably our worse player of the evening, he did very little. Borriello was solid but nothing special. Its a pitty Pippo didnt take advantage of his chances to win the game. still love him. Dida gives far too many second chances my not holding on to the ball. I think he has played well the past few games, but I still prefer Stoari or Abbati. And last, Dinho had a very good game. He has played some of his best games against Madrid. I wish he would run and play like this every game

brk
03-11-2009, 17:16
Ambro and Seedorf share MOM for me tonight.

Ronnie was great. Hope he keeps it up.

brk
03-11-2009, 17:19
Zambrotta has gotten a lot of heat lately but he was very good tonight. Pato was dangerous. I love watching him play. Is there any doubt we have the best centerback duo in Europe? Seedorf and Ambro played their hearts out. They need a rest though. Pirlo was fine, not great but fine. Oddo was probably our worse player of the evening, he did very little. Borriello was solid but nothing special. Its a pitty Pippo didnt take advantage of his chances to win the game. still love him. Dida gives far too many second chances my not holding on to the ball. I think he has played well the past few games, but I still prefer Stoari or Abbati. And last, Dinho had a very good game. He has played some of his best games against Madrid. I wish he would run and play like this every game

Actually, I thought Nesta was uncharacteristically awkward today. Oddo was just as good as Zambrotta, to be honest. I love how our midfield is a lot more fluid these days. Sometimes its a flat 3, then it changes and its a square with Pirlo/Ambro behind Seedorf/Ronnie, and then it becomes a 4231 with Ronnie/Seedorf/Pato behind the target man. Leo is exciting.

Blacktop
03-11-2009, 17:22
If Dida had some glue on his gloves we win.
Stuff it. If we knew how to shoot and if Pato's goal was allowed, we would've won.

GeoTav
03-11-2009, 17:28
Dida in this game made two mistakes: when he shot the ball directly in touch at the start of the game (after a pass from one of our defenders), and on a corner, he didn't manage to take properly the ball, which could have resulted by a goal (but if he didn't touch the ball at all, it was goal for Real).

He isn't at fault on the goal because if you look at the shot of Kaka', one of our players touches the ball, which changes the trajectory of the ball (instead of going in the hands of Dida, it went to his legs/body) ...

M.O.I.
03-11-2009, 17:30
ambrosini was the man of the match by far..seedorf was not good today imo,he seemed tired and disapeared in a lot of cases..dinho is whole different player the last matches,pato was good..pirlo tried a lot defensively,its the first time in 2 years that he made so many tackles..

anyway its really emportant to finish 1st this year,because inter and juve seem to finish 2nd(which means we avoid them,and their opponents,as barca) and all the gr8 sides are 1st too.whereas the 2nds are not wc teams this year..

xvr11
03-11-2009, 17:44
How anyone categorizes the Madrid goal as a mistake is CRAZY ! Have any of you played football? Have any of you hit a rocket at a goalie and he made a deflection save? The shot was going away from him, he knocked it down, WHERES THE DEFENSE? The commentator made an excellent point. How come every time a goalie gets a piece of the ball, the strikers come running forward,but the defenders stand and watch? **** happens in sports, theres not always BLAME to go to someone, it was a bang bang play and it happened. You wanna blame the midfielders for not closing down on Kaka for the shot? How bout Seedorf who watched Kaka dribble in front of him and put in a half assed effort tackle? TEAM EFFORT PEOPLE.

Excellent point Geo


He isn't at fault on the goal because if you look at the shot of Kaka', one of our players touches the ball, which changes the trajectory of the ball (instead of going in the hands of Dida, it went to his legs/body) ...

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 17:46
I think Milan might've deserved a little bit more, but, hey, that's football. I think both teams were okay with the draw, and neither really wanted to risk too much.

If I were to give my ratings, I would offer:

Dida - 6.5 His save on Raul is the only reason he gets this rating. I don't think he really pulled off another good save, the one against Marcelo earlier was easier than he made it look. It really has to be said that his way of clearing really puts Milan in very tough positions. I think Storari could have made his saves, without giving up that goal. But, who knows? Maybe Storari couldn't. Still, it's amazing how the easy stuff Dida messes up on, but he can make incredible saves.

Oddo - 6.0 I don't think he was as destroyed by Marcelo as much as other people have said. Yes, he did have a tough time with him, but, it's also because he did not get as much help from the midfield as did our left side. Didn't push forward as much, but I think he's helped settle down our fullback issues.

Nesta - 7.0 Top class. It was Nesta. Is there much else to say?

Thiago Silva - 7.0 He really compliments Nesta well. He is physical, strong, fast, and likes to push forward. It's great to watch them, I honestly think they might be the best CB pairing in Europe. He will start scoring goals for us once he gets that first one, I think he can be a 5ish goal scorer for us.

Zambrotta - 7.0 Fantastic. Defended well, and attacked well. Won the penalty for us, sure it wasn't that great of a decision, but it gave us insurance, especially seeing as how Pato's goal mysteriously got disallowed. I think he'd be a better choice on the right, and Antonini (injured?) would do well on the left. Oddo is doing well, but if Zambro is on form, we all know he starts over any of our FBs, or most FBs in the world.

Ambrosini - 7.15 He really led by example, he pushed Kaka out of the game, and worked extremely hard to get the ball back. His attacking instincts are poor and it hurts us. I don't expect him to attack, but I don't see why Pirlo can't be the one rushing forward and Ambro be the one to track back. Anyways, great job captain.

Pirlo - 6.10 Odd scoring system? I know. But Pirlo is not doing what we all know he can. I think he's the last piece of Milan's puzzle. It seems Oddo, Antonini, and Zambro are picking up the slack. Seedorf is running, so is Dinho, and I think the only thing left for Milan to be firing on all cylinders is Pirlo. That being said, he made a lot of tackles, and distributed the ball well from the back. I just wish he told Ambro to hang back and he was the one to push forward more, because when he does, we look better.

Seedorf - 7.5 Wow, wow, and wow. Now, I've said this before. I am not a particular Seedorf fan, but I was impressed with his running, his passing, his holding the ball, how he brought others into the game. Fantastic stuff, I can't think of a player who can do the things he does, he really is rare in world football.

Pato - 7.0 Should have had a goal. Terrorized Real's defense. I can't believe that goal was disallowed, I really can't see why. Setup Inzaghi, really put in a great performance. I think we're starting to see Pato turn into the player he can be. It's not complete yet, but we're starting to see him emerge.

Borriello - 5.0 He tried a little too much today. Too much dribbling, and I don't think he worked as hard as he has before, and that's why he was taken off. He has stuck on for the 90 minutes without being a goal scoring threat, but today he did not match his previous levels of effort. Hope he will be ready for the Lazio game, he knows he can do better.

Ronaldinho - 7.0 Not as good as he can be, in the attack department. However, he took his penalty very well, and distributed the ball very well. Combined with Zambro and Seedorf in fantastic ways, creating space that was never there. He did not match the attacking exploits against Parma, but he was never going to get that kind of space. The important thing was that today, Dinho worked really hard for the ball. He tackled Kaka off the ball at the top of our box, it was fantastic.

Subs:

Inzaghi - 5.5 Came on and caused problems with his movement. Won a corner with his first shift. Somehow missed Pato's square pass to him, but, he might not be full of confidence right now.

GeoTav
03-11-2009, 17:56
How anyone categorizes the Madrid goal as a mistake is CRAZY ! Have any of you played football? Have any of you hit a rocket at a goalie and he made a deflection save? The shot was going away from him, he knocked it down, WHERES THE DEFENSE? The commentator made an excellent point. How come every time a goalie gets a piece of the ball, the strikers come running forward,but the defenders stand and watch? **** happens in sports, theres not always BLAME to go to someone, it was a bang bang play and it happened. You wanna blame the midfielders for not closing down on Kaka for the shot? How bout Seedorf who watched Kaka dribble in front of him and put in a half assed effort tackle? TEAM EFFORT PEOPLE.

Excellent point Geo

I was irritated by the comments of the French commentators, Marcel Dessailly and another guy, who said many times during the game that Dida cost us a goal in Santiago Bernabeu (which is true) and cost us the goal of tonight ...

Samaldinho
03-11-2009, 18:08
I watched the goal, I don't think it took enough of a deflection for Dida's clearance to be understandable.

I think the issue is that Dida always parries his shots in ways that invite the other team to take a second shot or to put us in awkward positions.

I think he can be a fantastic goalkeeper, one who is capable of the sublime. However, I just wonder why he continues to push the ball out like he does, rather than around like he should?

Christian
03-11-2009, 18:26
Was a decent game for us, Real Madrid only really showed glimpses of what they can do, and I think that some of our players needs credit for that.

Ambrosini was absolutly amazing today, not really much else to say. He's in the form of his life really, well maybe not, but can't remember when I've seen him play this consistently well. Thiago Silva was excellent as well, pretty much flawless. Nesta looked uncharacteristicly shakey at times, and he wasn't really the Nesta from before his short injury, he wasn't poor either though.

Oddo was solid at the back, but he offers absolutly nothing going forward, and I felt it was such a shame, because I could just imagine what kind of havoc a WC full back would have caused along with Pato. I think that a great RB would lift Pato's game infinetly if we continue to play him on the right side. Zambrotta was good today though, and he seems to have lifted his play the last couple of games compared to his awefull start.

Pirlo had a really poor game. He was basicly a DM because he didn't get a chance to go forward, and he didn't try his long passes, which however is probably not a bad thing cause they've been off lately. To be fair, he was disciplined as always in defense, and his set pieces were really good today. However if he doesn't get a chance to go forward, and if he can't distribute the ball other than to the CB's, then I don't really see the point in having him on. He was really good against Parma though, so it's not a knock on Leo, just stating that Pirlo had a poor game.

Seedorf had a good game, he wrestled alot with Diarra and did well with it, especially considering how good Lass is. Pato was great, amazing goal he scored. Ronaldinho had a pretty good game aswell, he gets extra points in my book for his tackle on Pepe.

As for Leonardo, I think he brought Pippo on at the exact right moment in my opinion. His movement was great, and we were at a stage of the game where we didn't really need Borriello to hold up the ball any more. It was such a shame he didn't score on THAT chance though, and he probably should've. Again it would've been nice with some more subs, but really, we have such a thin squad, we NEED more options from the bench so we can give our 30+(!!!) year old players a rest.

Also, the referee was... well I really dissapointed with him. He really made loads of mistakes both ways, but ultimatly Real Madrid gained from it. Pato's goal was 100% legit no doubt, and I'm REALLY angry about it, not only because it cost us the game, but also because I would've loved for Pato to have scored again against the Real Madrid. Same goes for Thiago Silva in the first game btw, however I supose that was fair in a weird way (2x wrong = 1 right! ). I heard an interview with Casilles on Danish tv, funny thing was that he thought that THEY had been cheated by the referee. He really gave a rant about it, shows that he's not just a overrated trash keeper, he's also a prick.

Btw, don't think the goal was Dida's fault. It was nervewracking to watch him kick the ball though ;)

edit: I really liked that the crowd applauded Kaká, and that he applauded them, was a great moment.

Lebanese
03-11-2009, 19:26
for all arab users here is pato's (http://www.k-archiv.net/almilan/0910/cl/Pato_interview.wmv)interview with al-jazeera.

zak
03-11-2009, 19:43
Evaluate players' performance in the game
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches/AC-Milan-vs-Real-Madrid-CF-11032009-6326.aspx

SANT
03-11-2009, 19:49
Ok guys, about the disallowed goal to Pato, I'm amazed no one has realized why the ref stopped the play...

Pirlo launched the pass while the ball was STILL MOVING... it wasn't called Offside...

Now, the mistake by the ref. was giving the ball to Real Madrid on the spot, when really he had to make Pirlo repeat the play...

hitmannq8
03-11-2009, 20:01
Dida did have a good performance, but again was the reason Real Madrid scored their goal. I really believe he should have done better, and after this last mistake - I don't think he can ever be 100% trusted no matter how well he plays, we will always have that thought in the back of our heads that he's going to mess up one time - and thats not good for the entire team.

Nesta was not as good as usual, I didn't feel he was comfortable. There was something wrong. Thiago Silva, Oddo were fantastic - almost flawless..Zambrotta I'm afraid even though he played his heart out and put in 150%, he's finished.

Seedorf was immense and is in top form right now, prolly the best form of his career. He is leading by example and he is our link from midfield to attack, and even defense to midfield. He's fantastic. Pirlo had a good game today I thought. Ambrosini today was not human. He was unbelievable. He was absolutely fantastic and was perfect.

Boriello tried hard but couldn't doo much, I enjoyed his few fancy tricks. Pato didn't start well but then started to play really well. His goal had absolutely nothing wrong with it - however we did get a penalty that shouldn't have been so I'll just say one cancels the other (fishy that the same thing happened in the first game eh?). Ronaldinho today played really well, and took his goal very very very well. One of the best penalties I've seen. It was full of confidence. Unfortunately after the goal, I thought he kinda faded away. Inzaghi had 3 chances in the 3 minutes he came on and nearly snatched the win, that's what makes him a legend, his movements and unpredictability. Huntelaar take notes, you will never be half the player Inzaghi is!

hitmannq8
03-11-2009, 20:03
Ok guys, about the disallowed goal to Pato, I'm amazed no one has realized why the ref stopped the play...

Pirlo launched the pass while the ball was STILL MOVING... it wasn't called Offside...

Now, the mistake by the ref. was giving the ball to Real Madrid on the spot, when really he had to make Pirlo repeat the play...


I don't think it was that, I think the referee thought that Pato pushed Arbeloa before he jumped into the air.


and Lebanese, who interviews Pato? I can't seem to open that site, my provider blocks that site out.

ps: I believe Milan should end the group on top. Keep in mind that if two teams are tied on points, head to head record is what's considered. If Milan beat Marseille next round - we will automatically qualify to the next round regardless of the Real game and our last game with Zurich. For some crazy wild reason, I actually am starting to believe in Milan and I think we can finish the group first...am I crazy or is anyone else with me on this?

brk
03-11-2009, 20:07
Yeah, that's the impression I got. It reminded me of that canceled Sheva goal at Barca.

Brasileiro
03-11-2009, 22:13
Dida in this game made two mistakes: when he shot the ball directly in touch at the start of the game (after a pass from one of our defenders), and on a corner, he didn't manage to take properly the ball, which could have resulted by a goal (but if he didn't touch the ball at all, it was goal for Real).

He isn't at fault on the goal because if you look at the shot of Kaka', one of our players touches the ball, which changes the trajectory of the ball (instead of going in the hands of Dida, it went to his legs/body) ...

Couldn´t agree more...
C´mon guys! Can´t believe some of us are blaming Dida for that deflected shot... As Geo said, the ball hit his body(after the deflection), there´s no way he could have secured that shot. Let´s be fair with the guy...

Btw, one more time he saves us in the final of the game(Raul´s chance), with the type od save that only he can do... This year he doesn´t deserve this type of bash.

Jeff
03-11-2009, 22:19
Seriously, I don't undersatnd why people are bashing Dida. It's not like a howler he made last week, so please be calm.

I thought Milan did well in general, and it's amazing how Zurich can beat Milan. Seriously, that just couldn't be true.

But, it is what it is. Let's win the last two games and move on.

Lebanese
03-11-2009, 22:26
I don't think it was that, I think the referee thought that Pato pushed Arbeloa before he jumped into the air.


and Lebanese, who interviews Pato? I can't seem to open that site, my provider blocks that site out.

ps: I believe Milan should end the group on top. Keep in mind that if two teams are tied on points, head to head record is what's considered. If Milan beat Marseille next round - we will automatically qualify to the next round regardless of the Real game and our last game with Zurich. For some crazy wild reason, I actually am starting to believe in Milan and I think we can finish the group first...am I crazy or is anyone else with me on this?

Hitman it was Hussein Yassin, anyways i will try to find another link. and about milan hitman, i dont really know what to expect from milan anymore, but leonardo proved me wrong. i expected him to be sacked and never expected him to have some kind of identity, We are playing with identity and i kinda like the new milan, we have good team work and good work rate for players we considered dead wood. everybody are involved every body are important. i am not jumping into conclusions but Leonardo has what it takes to get us back to 1990.

champions league is a cup competition, you will never know who will win, but we are contenders, we are not just participating. i hope for our management to start investing in a left back and a classic play maker, our season has just started, we are not missing on important players, our players are on form except for some all we need is 3 players and we are set.

forza milan

pirlofanusa
03-11-2009, 22:38
Seriously, I don't undersatnd why people are bashing Dida. It's not like a howler he made last week, so please be calm.

I thought Milan did well in general, and it's amazing how Zurich can beat Milan. Seriously, that just couldn't be true.

But, it is what it is. Let's win the last two games and move on.

I think to a degree the not catching balls and giving other teams second chances in general. Dida has a history of that. That said he has done a nice job for us the last few games. Personally I dont think he is quite worth his massive salary, but I cant complain about the man doing his job when he has been called upon

edysupriadi
03-11-2009, 23:00
He isn't at fault on the goal because if you look at the shot of Kaka', one of our players touches the ball, which changes the trajectory of the ball (instead of going in the hands of Dida, it went to his legs/body) ...

Yes indeed, I think Dida didnt let us down today, that was a deflected shot- its never easy for any goalie in the world to handle that..

My MOM is Ambro the captain, he was everywhere Kaka was & got the ball cleanly...

FORZA MILAN !

edysupriadi
03-11-2009, 23:09
. Nesta looked uncharacteristicly shakey at times, and he wasn't really the Nesta from before his short injury, he wasn't poor either though.


I noticed this from the beginning of the match- his face wasnt showing any calmness, looking a bit nervous (when captured on tv).. maybe he's not recovered completely?Well , just hope he is fine coz we still got a long journey ahead :)

tim_milan
04-11-2009, 00:09
Content with the result. But the performance in the first half by Milan had me on my toes. We were really shaky in the first half, and the % of ball possesion just proved that. We were giving away too many long balls, which just seemed to get a Real players head. And also when we were defending, there was acres of space, I mean the Real players had all the time to turn and twist and take a shot on goal and maybe sometimes even send in a cross. As far as Dida goes he s done well, and i dont think he could have done much on a deflected shot. Where were our defenders??? I mean Benzema was free and so was Higuain. Yeah at times Dida is a litlle sloppy with his takes. Pato s goal was so brilliant and it should have been given. But it evend out the penalty incident which went in our favour. So now u dont have to listen to the Madrid fans whining about the whole issue. Second half as usual, we had a better game.

nefremo
04-11-2009, 00:39
Yea, I don't know why people are blaming Dida as well.

There was a shot blasted at him low. It took a slight deflection and it went to his thigh/upper leg (watever). HOW do you expect him to hold on to that. On top of that, he did the RIGHT thing. He did his best to pugh the ball wide. Not to the middle....but wide. That's what he was supposed to do. Preferably push it behind the goal for a corner.....but obviously in these circumstances that was impossible to do. So he did the correct thing and turned it wide. THEN, Benzema is first to the ball. Where are the defenders. Where is everyone? There was also 2 more Madrid players storming into our goal with our defenders following them (keep in mind following = behind). The fact is our defense froze at that moment.
But like someone said it earlier......in the game sh!t happens. You can't blam someone for every goal you concede. And Dida (at least IMO) is the one that should be blamed the least.

I'm one that has been criticising Dida lately. Even brought up a point a couple weeks ago that he CAN'T hold shots and always spills them, even worst most of the time doesn't even push them wide. But today he did nothing wrong on the goal.

As far as the group goes....we are in good shape, although I would have preffered to play Zurich next instead of Marseille. Anyhow, we got 3 points from O.M. so far and 4 from Real Madrid. We have done great..............if only that Zurich game never happened. That game is complicating everything right now and I hope we won't bang our head against the wall because of it. But I'm confident that we will beat Marseille next time so we should be fine. And even if that doesn't happen I dont think that we will lose....so worst case scenario is a tie and then an easier 'must win' at Zurich. (this second road however, I'd much rather not take.

bijon
04-11-2009, 01:01
Dida 7
Was solid except for the blunder which led to the goal, could have done better on the corners though. Good save on Rauls shot.
Nesta 6.5
Not as sublime as his last performance against Real, looked nervy. Seemed to lack his usual edge.
Thiago Silva 7.5
Confident performance
Oddo 6.5
Good defensively, was a bit rushed and nervy in his clearances, kept booting it to the opposition.
Zambrotta 6.5
Worked hard but still an average performance by his standards.
Seedorf 7.5
Pivotal, was involved in initiating almost every counterattack.
Pirlo 6
Ambrosini 7.5
Played like a Captian
Pato 7.5
Ran Arbeloa ragged, great goal, pity it was dissallowed.
Borriello 6.5
Fought well, no end product though. His first touch seems a bit off. Pato plays well when he's playing with Borrielo, so does the rest of the team.
Ronaldinho 7
Played with a lot of heart, good to see him smiling again, well taken penalty. I saw him win the ball from a Real player just outside out box and burst forward on a counter, I didn't expect that, it was a nice surprise.
Inzaghi 8
Dangerous super sub, I think he plays better as a sub, should have been brought on earlier, at the 70th minute mark.

Blacktop
04-11-2009, 01:14
How anyone categorizes the Madrid goal as a mistake is CRAZY ! Have any of you played football? Have any of you hit a rocket at a goalie and he made a deflection save? The shot was going away from him, he knocked it down, WHERES THE DEFENSE? The commentator made an excellent point. How come every time a goalie gets a piece of the ball, the strikers come running forward,but the defenders stand and watch? **** happens in sports, theres not always BLAME to go to someone, it was a bang bang play and it happened. You wanna blame the midfielders for not closing down on Kaka for the shot? How bout Seedorf who watched Kaka dribble in front of him and put in a half assed effort tackle? TEAM EFFORT PEOPLE.

Excellent point Geo

Yea, I don't know why people are blaming Dida as well.

(rest of post)


Amen to that.

What I'm furious about is that Goal.com actually rated him a 5 and are putting him through the wringer for the "error" after having put him on a pedestal over the past two weeks. Yeah, it's Goal.crap, but it's also the principle.

Lebanese
04-11-2009, 01:20
Amen to that.

What I'm furious about is that Goal.com actually rated him a 5 and are putting him through the wringer for the "error" after having put him on a pedestal over the past two weeks. Yeah, it's Goal.crap, but it's also the principle.

goal.com are crap.

sash
04-11-2009, 01:48
Sant: Ok guys, about the disallowed goal to Pato, I'm amazed no one has realized why the ref stopped the play...

Pirlo launched the pass while the ball was STILL MOVING... it wasn't called Offside...

Now, the mistake by the ref. was giving the ball to Real Madrid on the spot, when really he had to make Pirlo repeat the play...


also Pirlo supposed to touch the ball with his hand, right? like placing the ball after foul...

zakakhan
04-11-2009, 02:26
Dida 7
Was solid except for the blunder which led to the goal, could have done

solid????????? if you watched Man U and CSKA match, you know how the good gollie made the difference with weak defense. Akinfeev was awesome on the night, and I loved to watch him in Milan goal.

LebRN
04-11-2009, 03:39
good match....not bad result
but for me, the best thing in this match was seeing Ronaldinho & Pato tracking back:
- R80 when he felt the midfiled needed help (which he did on more than one occasion and one in which he won the tackle and in 5 sec i saw him up on the attack)
- Pato when we were exposed on a couple of couter attacks

gr8 to see them helping each other :)

Lebanese
04-11-2009, 03:40
solid????????? if you watched Man U and CSKA match, you know how the good gollie made the difference with weak defense. Akinfeev was awesome on the night, and I loved to watch him in Milan goal.

no disrespect, but the goal was not dida's fault. watch the game again, i see you were busy watching man utd. dida is being the old dida now adays.

Blacktop
04-11-2009, 03:44
solid????????? if you watched Man U and CSKA match, you know how the good gollie made the difference with weak defense.
Yes, solid. The defense was nonexistent when Benzema tapped in the rebound. Then there was the save near the end to deny Raul and preserve the result.

And in the end, Akinfeev let in three goals. We conceded only once.

Nalx
04-11-2009, 04:33
A pretty balance game. In first half Madrid had a slightly more possession and we let them have a few clear chances. But on the counter attack we made them suffer. Pato is Arbeloa's worst nightmare. And Arbeloa should've been booked earlier. He either slipped or committed foul when Pato tried to outrun him. Just like what he did when Pato scored the criminally diallowed goal.

The second half we performed much, much better. The defense looked compact, and if occasionally Madrid managed to break through, Dida saved our arse. Pirlo moved further up front. Seedorf involved in almost every attack and to my surprise, did his share in defense too. But Max is our MoM, he ran tirelessly in the whole 90 mins like rino usually did in the past, won the ball numerous times, and initiated some attacks too.

Nalx
04-11-2009, 04:42
Dida 7
Was solid except for the blunder which led to the goal, could have done better on the corners though. Good save on Rauls shot.


Pretty much agreed with the others except this. While I often harshly criticise Dida, I'm more than willing to praise him if I think he deserves it. Last night he did deserved it.

It wasn't a blunder IMO. He anticipated well but then, if you noticed, the ball hit our player, and deflected. There was nothing much he could do than tried to swept with his foot

ACMILAN1983
04-11-2009, 05:08
A fair result from yesterday's match. We did well in the second half after suffering a lot in the first half. I think we went into the match a little slack and when Real attacked us we suffered a little shock. However, the end result is probably right and I think both teams will be satisfied for the moment.

The first half was difficult. Real clearly went all out for the win and pinned us back quite well. We looked a little afraid and dropped deep to try and protect ourselves, rather than attacking Real which is really where they suffer.

There have been many discussions about Dida's role about the first goal (I don't think he's to blame), but what caught me was what lead to the goal. Firstly, we had 4 players all clumped together (including all of the midfield) trying to delicately play the ball out in a sensitive area under great pressure. We lost the ball and Kaka had plenty of space to exploit (due to our midfield all clumping together), which is where our failure was for me.

That said, the goal woke us up and the game balanced out more. Zambrotta did very well down the left and I think the penalty was fair, even if it seems harsh. I think Pato's goal was legitimate and this is the second time against Real we've been disallowed a goal for nothing.

The second half was a big improvement. We looked confident and felt we had the chance to attack Real. We had a couple of guilt edged chances which we missed, but that said, it's fair to argue Real had chances and if not for Dida they may have won. Ultimately, the end result is fair.

My greatest disappointment in this match was we didn't attack Real early on and with as much conviction as 2 weeks ago. I'm certain we would have won had we done so, but it can be argued that had Pato's goal been allowed we would have pushed on to victory.

The players...

Dida - A couple of mistakes don't overshadow some good stops for me. I'd prefer if he was worked less though.
Oddo - Defensively sound, but he needs more help. It was too open down his flank as we don't cover well in front of him.
Nesta - Weak start early on, he got burned a couple of times by Kaka. Returned to his immense self as the match wore on.
Thiago - A rock, his contribution was excellent
Zambro - An excellent game. Pinned back Real down the left and won a penalty.
Ambro - Excellent. Like two week's ago he shut out Kaka. He seems to have found a good role for himself this season.
Pirlo - Good game imo. He made many passes and worked hard defensively. Would have been well praised had Pato's goal been allowed.
Seedorf - Had quite a battle with Diarra. He was shackled due to this, but he succeeded in supporting the team.
Dinho - May not have always made his mark in attack (despite the good penalty), but I thought he was great. His workrate cannot be ignored and it was great to see him working so hard for the team.
Borri - Quiet game but kept the Real CB's busy. I thought he'd get into a fight with Pepe at times, but he kept his calm.
Pato - Incredible player, and he was a nightmare for Real's defence. A fair goal disallowed, an incorrect yellow card and absoloutely no protection from refs for two matches running. The refs need to get on top of players fouling him, as it's ridiculous how much they get away with.
Pippo - Good movement and should have settled the match.

We did well. Real don't impress me but it cannot be ignored they have some top individuals who can make a great difference. We've dominated them throughout two matches now and we're still growing.

Leo needs to improve a couple of things. Firstly, he needs to get the midfield and defence to discipline themselves more. I like our fluid play but it cannot leave us prone to goals like yesterday. Once we're more solid at the back, we'll really be a tough team.

That said, hats off to Leo, who has taken a poor squad of individuals with no mental strength and made it into a tight knit unit that works together and plays with a lot of resolve and heart. Credit also to the players for pulling themselves together and working so hard for Leo. We lacked character for the past couple of years. Then we lost what little identity we had with Maldini and Kaka this season and it looked like the end. However, Leo's really turned things around and now I see the most character in the side I have seen since 2007.

Ok guys, about the disallowed goal to Pato, I'm amazed no one has realized why the ref stopped the play...

Pirlo launched the pass while the ball was STILL MOVING... it wasn't called Offside...

Now, the mistake by the ref. was giving the ball to Real Madrid on the spot, when really he had to make Pirlo repeat the play...

I don't think that's really the case if I'm honest. When Pirlo went to strike the ball it was pretty much dead and if it was actually still moving then it wasn't enough to halt play. I don't think that's the reason the ref disallowed the goal anyway as he was looking in a different direction when Pirlo kicked the ball.

nicktunoa
04-11-2009, 05:11
Dida performed well - went on to save us the game in the 2nd half. Anyone who criticizes him over today's game is wasting their time.

Ambrosini is my MoM - Seedorf & the three up front would have been very quiet if it wasn't for Ambro's efforts. Shut Kaka out of the 2nd half.

I saw a team of men out there today. Very solid performance.

LebRN
04-11-2009, 06:37
That said, hats off to Leo, who has taken a poor squad of individuals with no mental strength and made it into a tight knit unit that works together and plays with a lot of resolve and heart. Credit also to the players for pulling themselves together and working so hard for Leo. We lacked character for the past couple of years. Then we lost what little identity we had with Maldini and Kaka this season and it looked like the end. However, Leo's really turned things around and now I see the most character in the side I have seen since 2007.



i totally agree...
Leo deserves a lot of credit for how he managed to turn around what we all 1st thought was going to be a really looooong and miserable season for us....i know we are all now looking forward to the next match every time instead of dreading it which was the case at the begining of the season...

Aficio
04-11-2009, 08:45
Don't blame Dida or our defense.

It is nature, when one player take a shot, other attackers must immediatly approach the goal to take the rebound, the scoring chance is great. Benzema is a born striker, his instinct make him move a step sooner than our back (who think of block the long shot first then watch the GK to see if it is a goal ^^).

Dutchie-Milan
04-11-2009, 09:00
Great match,i know some people wanted more,i also think we could have won last night but a draw at home and a win in Bernabeu is really great.We should be happy with what we have achieved,we played like a team and could have won the match.

For me the Man of the Match was without doubt Massimo Ambrosini!!!!That guy shut down Kaka in the second half and was marking more men at once,he was great last night,if it wasnt for him our defense would have suffered more,thanx Ambro!!!

tim_milan
04-11-2009, 09:07
Haha......i liked the way Ronaldhino was defending, especially when he couldnt get around the players he was jumping all over them. Appreciate his attempt though. LOL, but it was hilarious.

kastriot
04-11-2009, 09:53
I can not explain why,maybe its just me but i have never felt more proud of being a Milan fan in my life...and I was a fan that beautiful night in Athens in 1994. :D

Filipéz 182
04-11-2009, 11:03
4pts vs real madrid! who wouldve thought that? we even could have got 6pts against them, but the refferee wanted his moment of glory... fcking cvnt. I was celebrating so damn hard that I only realised that the goal was disqualified after 1,5 min :D

bijon
04-11-2009, 11:10
have a look at this pic, look where everyones looking:ilol:
http://www.football-italia.net/gallery/28-scramble.jpg

ARIO
04-11-2009, 14:10
4pts vs real madrid! who wouldve thought that? we even could have got 6pts against them, but the refferee wanted his moment of glory... fcking cvnt. I was celebrating so damn hard that I only realised that the goal was disqualified after 1,5 min :D

exactly the same as i experienced. i cried PATOOO a la crudelli for about 1 minute, and then went on silent as i realized that no milan players celebrating the perfectly valid and incredible goal

Blacktop
04-11-2009, 15:42
hats off to Leo, who has taken a poor squad of individuals with no mental strength and made it into a tight knit unit that works together and plays with a lot of resolve and heart. Credit also to the players for pulling themselves together and working so hard for Leo. We lacked character for the past couple of years. Then we lost what little identity we had with Maldini and Kaka this season and it looked like the end. However, Leo's really turned things around and now I see the most character in the side I have seen since 2007.
So true. I've noticed that too. A six-match unbeaten run with three straight come-from-behind wins will do that to you. :)

hwmook
04-11-2009, 16:56
That said, hats off to Leo, who has taken a poor squad of individuals with no mental strength and made it into a tight knit unit that works together and plays with a lot of resolve and heart. Credit also to the players for pulling themselves together and working so hard for Leo. We lacked character for the past couple of years. Then we lost what little identity we had with Maldini and Kaka this season and it looked like the end. However, Leo's really turned things around and now I see the most character in the side I have seen since 2007.


Does it not remind you of the times that Ancelotti first took over at milan? We barely struggled to get 4th before beating Real Madrid en route to CL victory the next season. Its real madrid again and i have a good feeling about this UCL.

:p017:

GeoTav
05-11-2009, 01:30
Inter was lucky yesterday to score 2 goals in 5 minutes (like in Serie A). Now that they broke their "no victory" record in CL, who knows, if they can beat Barcelona and if Rubin Kazan beats Dynamo Kiev, Barcelona will be eliminated ...

That would be perfect for us (if we qualify of course) ...

brk
05-11-2009, 02:45
****, I have a feeling the Inter victory will ultimately result in us playing Barcelona in the First Round.


...assuming we both qualify.

kastriot
05-11-2009, 03:16
****, I have a feeling the Inter victory will ultimately result in us playing Barcelona in the First Round.


...assuming we both qualify.

U know what, we play better against bigger teams!! thats a scientific fact :D, So I say bring it on Barca :r11: :stoned:

ACMILAN1983
05-11-2009, 03:38
Does it not remind you of the times that Ancelotti first took over at milan? We barely struggled to get 4th before beating Real Madrid en route to CL victory the next season. Its real madrid again and i have a good feeling about this UCL.

:p017:

I think it's too early to get that excited. Ancelotti's Milan in 02/03 was still a better side than this Milan and we were clearly the dominant force in Europe that season, while so far this season we're still not looking that strong.

That said, if Leo and the players can continue the rise they've started, then who knows what the future holds.

Gabriel489
05-11-2009, 03:54
To be honest, I hope Milan play against Bordeux.

Blacktop
05-11-2009, 04:12
To be honest, I hope Milan play against Bordeux.

Yeah, because of Gourcuff.

Lebanese
05-11-2009, 05:08
then inter then manchester then we beat chelsea at the final

kastriot
05-11-2009, 05:18
then inter then manchester then we beat chelsea at the final

Then back to reality!!! we are yet to qualify for the next round!!!:fright:

Gabriel489
05-11-2009, 05:21
Or Inter, and CHelsea and Barcelona along with Milan did not make it through to the next CL round and all ended up playing in Europa League.
That will be so funny.

brk
05-11-2009, 06:21
Clarification:
"
UEFA-
If two or more teams are level on points they are split by (a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question, (b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (c) higher number of goals scored away from home the group matches played among the teams in question (d) superior goal difference from all matches played, (e) higher number of goals scored, (f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as their association, over the previous five seasons. Full details may be seen in the regulations, section 6.05, by clicking here."

We're already ahead of Real. If we're tied with them for third place, we qualify. If we draw with OM and end up with the same number of points, we qualify too (if we lose to Zurich, draw OM and OM draw Real) The more I think about this the more I believe that we're very close to qualifying. All we need to do is either beat Zurich or draw OM.

Kaka1899
05-11-2009, 06:47
Ok guys, about the disallowed goal to Pato, I'm amazed no one has realized why the ref stopped the play...

Pirlo launched the pass while the ball was STILL MOVING... it wasn't called Offside...

Now, the mistake by the ref. was giving the ball to Real Madrid on the spot, when really he had to make Pirlo repeat the play...

I thought it was stopped for a foul on the defender?

Lebanese
05-11-2009, 07:18
Clarification:
"
UEFA-
If two or more teams are level on points they are split by (a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question, (b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (c) higher number of goals scored away from home the group matches played among the teams in question (d) superior goal difference from all matches played, (e) higher number of goals scored, (f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as their association, over the previous five seasons. Full details may be seen in the regulations, section 6.05, by clicking here."

We're already ahead of Real. If we're tied with them for third place, we qualify. If we draw with OM and end up with the same number of points, we qualify too (if we lose to Zurich, draw OM and OM draw Real) The more I think about this the more I believe that we're very close to qualifying. All we need to do is either beat Zurich or draw OM.

best scenario milan draw with Om and win zurich
Rm win zurich and lose to Om

this way kaka and co play inter and liverpool in uefa league j/k

brk
05-11-2009, 07:34
Hah, that would be awesome. There's actually a good chance Rubin Kazan and Dynamo qualify and both Inter and Barca crash. If only Dynamo won...