PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Amsterdam vs. AC Milan: 28/9/2010: 20:45 ECT


Elmago99
23-09-2010, 10:41
Tuesday Game... Important game..Especially after recent disappointments in Serie A..

Let's see if Allegri will change his system to a 4-3-1-2 as we all hope...

Forza Milan......

Tony75
26-09-2010, 09:25
Here are the 21 players called by Allegri for the match.

Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Antonini, Bonera, Jankulovski, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Yepes; Abate, Boateng, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Robinho, Ronaldinho.

Indisponibili: Ambrosini, Pato
Non convocati: Oddo, Strasser

Ajax drew 2-2 away to FC Twente at weekend and have a few players who can cuase us problems, most notably Uruguay's 4th keeper in the WC - Luis Suarez.

I think Pirlo & Ronaldinho should start this match on the bench due to fitness and level of play in recent weeks.

I'd play 442, and start with

Abbiati
Abate Nesta Silva Antonini
Seedorf Rino Flamini Boateng
Robinho Ibrahamovic

Subs: Amelia, Zambrotta, Papa, Yepes, Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Inzaghi.

Aficio
26-09-2010, 09:59
Ajax play with 3 CBs like Genoa. The tireness is problem for both they and us.

So I think it is possible to see the same starting lineup.

Elmago99
26-09-2010, 10:53
Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Antonini, Bonera, Jankulovski, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Yepes; Abate, Boateng, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Robinho, Ronaldinho.

Indisponibili: Ambrosini, Pato
Non convocati: Oddo, Strasser

My Lineup:

------------------Ibrahimovic----------------
-----------------Robinho---------------------
-------------------Seedorf-------------------
----------Flamini-----------Boateng---------
--------------------Pirlo----------------------
Antonini-----T.Silva--Nesta-----Zambrotta---
------------------Abbiati----------------------

If we need a goal, simply switch Seedorf for Inzaghi...

Forza Milan!

sheva-gila
26-09-2010, 17:58
we need simple to win this game, having 6p in group will give us better continuity not only in CL but also in seria A

Kwasniefski
26-09-2010, 19:06
I'll go with Elmago99's lineup.

Bosniaco
26-09-2010, 20:38
Abiatti
Bonera, Thiago, Papa, Zambro
Flamini
Seedorf Dinho
Binho,
Inzaghi ??????


Maybe another DM????

hitmannq8
26-09-2010, 21:34
What kind of lineup is that Bosniaco? Are you trying to rest some of the starters or something?

Elmago99
26-09-2010, 22:11
we will have to rest some starters, namely Pirlo and Ibrahimovic as they've played a lot...but NOT for CHampions League. For Parma on Saturday..

Ryo
26-09-2010, 23:17
Agreed, Ibra and Pirlo have to play, unless we trade Pirlo for Ronnie and play Seedorf in Pirlo's spot.

Kaka1899
27-09-2010, 10:14
courtsey of Gazzetta

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9035/ajaxmilany.png

M.O.I.
27-09-2010, 11:00
Abiatti
Bonera, Thiago, Papa, Zambro
Flamini
Seedorf Dinho
Binho,
Inzaghi ??????


Maybe another DM????

i think its really important to win this one,but if u take bonera out i like it..man i dont ever want t see him again starting..

kaka1899 i think gazzetta is wrong as usually,allegri has learnt his lesson and will always start a DM..

hitmannq8
27-09-2010, 11:38
I don't think we will see Pirlo+Seedorf starting together soon... I've read reports saying Ronaldinho and Gattuso are out of lineup for Ajax. If that is true, it means he's going for a lineup similar to that against Genoa after R80 was subb'ed out.

Good news: Pato will be back to the field on Saturday. I don't know if he'll be selected for Parma but I don't think so.

Gabriel489
27-09-2010, 11:45
To be honest I think we might see Robinho and Seedorf playing behind Ibra with a midfield trio of Pirlo, Flamini and Botang

Elmago99
27-09-2010, 11:48
To be honest I think we might see Robinho and Seedorf playing behind Ibra with a midfield trio of Pirlo, Flamini and Botang

Yes I agree.. that's the lineup I said up top I wanted..

brk
27-09-2010, 14:39
Latest reports indicate this:

-----Ibra---Pippo/Robinho
---------Seedorf

---Flamini----Gattuso
--------Pirlo
Antonini----------Zambro
-------TS----Nesta

#3Forever
27-09-2010, 14:53
Latest reports indicate this:

-----Ibra---Pippo/Robinho
---------Seedorf

---Flamini----Gattuso
--------Pirlo
Antonini----------Zambro
-------TS----Nesta

No Boetang?

Kwasniefski
27-09-2010, 14:55
Me too. I'm the same. :cheers:

Kwasniefski
27-09-2010, 15:00
The same as Elmago99, that is.

OCmilano
27-09-2010, 15:27
Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Antonini, Bonera, Jankulovski, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Yepes; Abate, Boateng, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Robinho, Ronaldinho.

Indisponibili: Ambrosini, Pato
Non convocati: Oddo, Strasser

My Lineup:

------------------Ibrahimovic----------------
-----------------Robinho---------------------
-------------------Seedorf-------------------
----------Flamini-----------Boateng---------
--------------------Pirlo----------------------
Antonini-----T.Silva--Nesta-----Zambrotta---
------------------Abbiati----------------------

If we need a goal, simply switch Seedorf for Inzaghi...

Forza Milan!

Perfect starting line up. With R80 coming on 2nd half if need be for seedorf. If we have a 2-0 lead ( I hope) rest Ibra for Pippo.

Bosniaco
27-09-2010, 21:11
What kind of lineup is that Bosniaco? Are you trying to rest some of the starters or something?

I would rest some players, specially Ibra. If Ibra does play, then rest him against PArma and play Pato

GeoTav
27-09-2010, 21:22
Here is what said Allegri this Monday:

"The formation ? I will decide after the training session of tonight, I have thought about changing some things for the game of tomorrow. Ronaldinho, so far, has played a lot, if he didn't play, I coud change also change something in the system (organization of the team on the pitch). The game is important and difficult, a positive result, and mainly a win, could mean we will surely qualify (well, didn't say really that, but that's the meaning). I like very much the way Ajax plays, it's a pleasure to watch this team nowadays as it was in the past when they made the difference by changing the mentality of the European football. Tomorrow, for me, it will be the first CL game away against a big team and at least at the start of the game, there will be some emotion. Seedorf ? He's a great football player and I am happy to train him. His career speaks for itself."

In bold: what is the most important in this interview ... does that mean he will try to play without Ronaldinho from the start (so like against Genoa in the last 10 minutes) ? Maybe, maybe not, but that proves he considers this possibility.

Lebanese
28-09-2010, 00:46
In bold: what is the most important in this interview ... does that mean he will try to play without Ronaldinho from the start (so like against Genoa in the last 10 minutes) ? Maybe, maybe not, but that proves he considers this possibility.

And if it proves to be working, and am sure it will, do u think allegri and galliani can stop don silvio from invading the formation with his ideas?

hitmannq8
28-09-2010, 01:24
if it works magnificently (not only getting a result) I think yes they will be able to convince Silvio.. Galliani has his ways of convincing too, he can simply show Silvio what Dinho earns before tax...

I just hope we don't bench BOTH R80 and Robinho tomorrow. Watching Seedorf in that trequartista position is like watching paint dry. And when you think Pirlo is playing behind him, it really is torture.

I don't know why many are impressed with Pirlo vs Genoa, I was counting his passes during the game, and I've only counted 2 successful meaningful masses (of which one is the assist). He wasted 11 balls. 2/13 is a little bit less than 20% effecient, which is not good enough. If you don't believe me - sit and count the incorrect passes and balls he gives away vs Ajax and you will see what I mean.

Players like Pirlo and Ronaldinho are the real problems of the team because they are the ones that restricting us to playing our midfield and attack in only one way and no other way works.

Filipéz 182
28-09-2010, 02:27
if it works magnificently (not only getting a result) I think yes they will be able to convince Silvio.. Galliani has his ways of convincing too, he can simply show Silvio what Dinho earns before tax...

I just hope we don't bench BOTH R80 and Robinho tomorrow. Watching Seedorf in that trequartista position is like watching paint dry. And when you think Pirlo is playing behind him, it really is torture.

I don't know why many are impressed with Pirlo vs Genoa, I was counting his passes during the game, and I've only counted 2 successful meaningful masses (of which one is the assist). He wasted 11 balls. 2/13 is a little bit less than 20% effecient, which is not good enough. If you don't believe me - sit and count the incorrect passes and balls he gives away vs Ajax and you will see what I mean.

Players like Pirlo and Ronaldinho are the real problems of the team because they are the ones that restricting us to playing our midfield and attack in only one way and no other way works.

Agree!

Pirlo has been far from impressing this season. I would try seedorf on his position to complete the midfield with Flamini and Boateng.

But i dont think pirlo is over, he just needs some rest now and then, same as seedorf, best would be to rotate them both.

Filipéz 182
28-09-2010, 04:46
Probable Line-Ups

AFC Ajax:
Maarten Stekelenburg; Gregory Van der Wiel, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Vurnon Anita; Rasmus Lindgren, Eyong Enoh; Urby Emanuelson, Siem de Jong, Luis Suarez; Mounir El Hamdaoui.

AC Milan:
Christian Abbiati, Gianluca Zambrotta, Thiago Silva, Alessandro Nesta, Luca Antonini; Mathieu Flamini, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso; Clarence Seedorf; Inzaghi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 04:51
robinho better start over pippo or i will be very unhappy !

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 04:54
Robinho has to start we need 6 points going into the double header with the scum , Robinho has not played much and looked good against Genoa.

Filipéz 182
28-09-2010, 05:29
Inzaghi was already very unhappy after the Auxerre game, he needs 1 goal to get the record from gerd muller. he well be very motivated, I think thats the reason why we'll probably see Inzaghi instead of Robinho.

I'd like to see boateng in our lineup, instead of Gattuso.


But we dont have to worry right now, many times the probable formations have been wrong since allegri is here, the newspapers are having a hard time to predict our starting 11 :)

GeoTav
28-09-2010, 06:29
Inzaghi was already very unhappy after the Auxerre game, he needs 1 goal to get the record from gerd muller. he well be very motivated, I think thats the reason why we'll probably see Inzaghi instead of Robinho.

I'd like to see boateng in our lineup, instead of Gattuso.


But we dont have to worry right now, many times the probable formations have been wrong since allegri is here, the newspapers are having a hard time to predict our starting 11 :)

The trend right now is:

Ibra - Robinho
Seedorf
Flamini - Pirlo - ?

? = Gattuso or Boateng

In one hour, there will probably be an article reporting that Inzaghi will do it instead of Robinho.

What is really funny is the fact that Ronaldinho could be benched for the first time of the season, and suddenly, there are voices about the fact he could leave this Winter ...

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 07:13
Ronaldinho needs to sit.. Robinho needs to play.

Best Lineup for tonight:

------------Ibrahimovic-----------------
------------------Robinho----------------
--------------Seedorf--------------------
----Flamini------------Boateng---------
-----------------Pirlo-------------------
Antonini--T. Silva--Nesta--Zambrotta
---------------Abbiati------------------

Best Lineup when everyone is Healthy:

------------Ibrahimovic--Pato------------
------------------Robinho-----------------
----------Flamini---------Boateng--------
-------------------Pirlo/Seedorf-----------
Antonini---T.Silva---Nesta---Zambrotta--
-------------------Abbiati------------------

* Ambrosini and Gattuso rotated with Flamini and Boateng, but never play Gattuso and Ambrosini TOGETHER
* Pirlo and Seedorf rotated properly
* Inzaghi first striker to sub in..
* If Ronaldinho starts playing less, he WILL be sold in January, which is great, but then complicates things as we'll need another Forward/Striker or ACM in Winter Mercato....
* Abate, Zambrotta, and Antonini to be rotated...
* Papa, Mario Yepes to be rotated with Nesta/T. Silva

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 07:21
Many should then rest for Parma, including Boateng, Ronaldinho, and Pirlo. Gattuso should be used for Parma, along with Pato and Inzaghi.... The rotation system cannot be avoided as we have a lot of games and also a lot of older players who have proven they CANNOT play 2 games per week let alone 4 in 12 days...

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 07:58
Inzaghi is not they way to go unless the ball is put on his foot from 5 yards out or closer he can't score , he also offers nothing to the team he may slip a ball over the line from 5 yards but thats all he can do , which is fine if we create chance after chance and he puts one in but he cannot do anything for himself or the team now.he is 37 and has no right to moan about wanting to beat a record thats selfish think it but dont say it.And a motivated Inzaghi means nothing to me now he is an embarrasment for 90 minutes should play when we are winning confortably not from the start not we have Robinho who is better and 11 years younger can score can create and can terrorize defence's.

Aficio
28-09-2010, 08:56
if it works magnificently (not only getting a result) I think yes they will be able to convince Silvio.. Galliani has his ways of convincing too, he can simply show Silvio what Dinho earns before tax...

I just hope we don't bench BOTH R80 and Robinho tomorrow. Watching Seedorf in that trequartista position is like watching paint dry. And when you think Pirlo is playing behind him, it really is torture.

I don't know why many are impressed with Pirlo vs Genoa, I was counting his passes during the game, and I've only counted 2 successful meaningful masses (of which one is the assist). He wasted 11 balls. 2/13 is a little bit less than 20% effecient, which is not good enough. If you don't believe me - sit and count the incorrect passes and balls he gives away vs Ajax and you will see what I mean.

Players like Pirlo and Ronaldinho are the real problems of the team because they are the ones that restricting us to playing our midfield and attack in only one way and no other way works.


I think so. Pirlo's long passes, except for the assist, were bad.

However, the understanding between him and Ibra/Binho needs more time to build.

I've just remember a great cross-field longpass of Antonini for Robinho, that was not offside, bad line-call. Good sign, Anto is not bad, he has been a midfielder, after all.

LebRN
28-09-2010, 10:18
if it works magnificently (not only getting a result) I think yes they will be able to convince Silvio.. Galliani has his ways of convincing too, he can simply show Silvio what Dinho earns before tax...

I just hope we don't bench BOTH R80 and Robinho tomorrow. Watching Seedorf in that trequartista position is like watching paint dry. And when you think Pirlo is playing behind him, it really is torture.

I don't know why many are impressed with Pirlo vs Genoa, I was counting his passes during the game, and I've only counted 2 successful meaningful masses (of which one is the assist). He wasted 11 balls. 2/13 is a little bit less than 20% effecient, which is not good enough. If you don't believe me - sit and count the incorrect passes and balls he gives away vs Ajax and you will see what I mean.

Players like Pirlo and Ronaldinho are the real problems of the team because they are the ones that restricting us to playing our midfield and attack in only one way and no other way works.

yes we counted those together :)

but I agree with filipez, Pirlo is not done, he just needs rest and better rotation.

as for Robinho, i think the only reason why Inzaghi's name is mentioned as a starter is that Robinho played the whole match against Genoa and that is a 1st for him for a long time, so there were fears he might not be back to 100% to play another whole game in 3 days. But why not start & then removed when roasted? maybe not to risk that injury again....Allegri knows better.

About Boateng, he also has been playing a lot of matches and putting so much effort, that is why there is also talk he might be rested.

So probably a midfield of Flamini, Gattuso, Abate, & Seedorf might be expected if Dinho is also to be "rested" (dropped)

Ibra also needs some rest....and Thiago....and Nesta... :P
ok we haven't been rotating so far, so we really should start soon

zafrul
28-09-2010, 12:36
Astro just keep showing stupid EPL teams in CL...

So good luck Milan, hope to get the good news when I wake up later!

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 13:11
Looks like we are starting with.

...............Abbiatti..................

Zambro...Nesta...Silva...Antonini

Gattusso...Pirlo.......Flamini

...........Seedorf..............

....Robinho.......Ibra........

or whatever formation he puts out , Rino Pirlo Seedorf in the same starting lineup noot good not good , how Boateng needs to be rested and not Pirlo or Rino is beyond moi.

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 13:39
My dream formation but I'd rather have r80 or R70 with Pato/Ibra up front.

But I see R80 coming in this game for Seedorf and I like r80 up front too.

Lets Gooooooooo!!!!!

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 13:42
Wow. Gattuso AGAIN?

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 13:43
atdhe not working

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 13:44
Links anyone? Stuck at work, and need a feed!!

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 13:44
Link pleaseeeeeeeeee

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 13:47
http://www.tvoo.eu/ch3.html

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 13:47
Yeah I GOT THE MATCH BROADCASTED ON NATIONAL TV! We already looked good in first 2 mins.

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 13:48
linkssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 13:50
Van Der Wiel are very active going forward in right flank and battling hard with Antonini. Oh there are fireworks and smoke on the pitch... red ones from Ajax supporters side. The game is stopped.

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 13:56
Hmm...Pirlo, Seedorf and Rino. No KPB as well! Come on Allegri, you need to win me over soon!

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 13:59
Btw, ATDHE is working now

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 14:00
First shot on goal from Robinho, cut inside from left flank and parried by Stekelenburg, safely cleared by Alderweireld.

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 14:03
Argh Flamini, always trying to shoot if possible.

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 14:03
Ajax is full of youngsters. Our 3 old men can't possibly keep up with them in midfield. Good move by Ajax but offside

Ryo
28-09-2010, 14:07
Suarez trying to earn himself a "penalty". :P


Oh @$*%#@^%@&$

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 14:08
F**K, Ajax scored, they're cutting through us like a hot knife through butter!

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 14:08
He skinned Nesta way too easily our Midfield again slow slow slow

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 14:10
Where is our midfield :s
Non existent

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 14:10
We dont look good at all...hardly threatening...sigh...why do I continue to watch this team with a midfield like the one Allegri fielded?

HO-YOUNG
28-09-2010, 14:11
Nesta got his SALAD burst like a big gal!!!! can he com back from that?

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 14:12
why oh why does Boateng need to be rested and Pirlo Rino dont

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 14:14
Wow wow wow robiniho

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 14:15
Robinho wastes our best chance of the game......good gosh!!! YUTE!! Score that!! You HAVE to SCORE THAT!!!

Ryo
28-09-2010, 14:15
why oh why does Boateng need to be rested and Pirlo Rino dont

I want to ask that same question myself.
Our Midfield looks suspect right now, and although the goal itself really couldn't be saved (it was rising and probably got a bit of deflection), we really need our attackers to work right now. We're playing against a mini-Holland NT right now, and as low profiled as he is, Steklenburg is no push over.


Woah, close chance from Binho just as I type this... I hope we're up to this man, because it looks bad already...

HO-YOUNG
28-09-2010, 14:15
Pirlo and Seedorf on same field... we are going to be embarrassed again!!! Robinho what a miss...

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 14:16
Oh Robinhooooo, how could you miss that? Good flick by Seedorf

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 14:16
Chip it R70 and it was goal ... Shttttttt.

Xudong
28-09-2010, 14:17
that was a huge miss. Pato would have run it over the goalkeeper.

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 14:20
that was a huge miss. Pato would have run it over the goalkeeper.

Pato needs to be healthy or he cant do sht for this team but watch from home. we should have never sold H11. Im scared were going to run Ibra to the ground by playing him soo much.

Aficio
28-09-2010, 14:21
Chip it R70 and it was goal ... Shttttttt.


Even Gila could do that. R70 reminds me of Robben in WC final.


that was a huge miss. Pato would have run it over the goalkeeper.


Agree.

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 14:21
Ibrahgoalmavic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 14:21
Yeah, and there HE COMES! Right in time.

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 14:22
Ibra Ibra IBRA!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 14:22
Yeeeessssss!! Love You Ibra

Xudong
28-09-2010, 14:22
my stream is a few minutes late, but I don't care. :D

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 14:23
FORZA IBRAAAAAAAA!!! Not offside!! Right back in it!! FORZA MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAN!!!

Aficio
28-09-2010, 14:23
Ibraaaaaaaaaaaaa

I love zou :D

Pato Milan
28-09-2010, 14:24
Assist and goal by former ajax players :D

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 14:25
im streamless ish it keeps freezing anyone got a good one that doesnt freeze every few seconds ??

Ryo
28-09-2010, 14:26
Damnit!
I go out to wash my face and we score!!!!
Ugh!!!!

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 14:26
Watching it on ATDHE Jay, it's working fine

Pato Milan
28-09-2010, 14:26
http://atdhe.net/24960/watch-ajax-amsterdam-vs-ac-milan
works for me...

Jay Crisp
28-09-2010, 14:27
Thanks guys

Lebanese
28-09-2010, 14:31
Damnit!
I go out to wash my face and we score!!!!
Ugh!!!!

Go take a shower then we might score 4 . J/k

ZvonimirBoban
28-09-2010, 14:31
The referee is awful.

Ryo
28-09-2010, 14:33
Go take a shower then we might score 4 . J/k

Heh, I'm actually planning to do that at half time.

Who do we have on the bench tonight?:55angel:

Xudong
28-09-2010, 14:36
Amelia, Inzaghi, Jankulovski, Abate, Bonera, Boateng, Ronaldinho

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/matches/season=2011/live/index.html?matchday=2&day=1&match=2002846

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 14:38
I think we should all collectively chip in to buy Zizou a ticket to Milan to deliver a message to Allegri with a headbutt ala FAMILY GUY (no Rino Pirlo Seedorf!!) :r14:

MIDFIELD: Pirlo's been meh, Rino is his usual self, Seedorf's actually playing quite good.

UPFRONT: Robinho's been lively but wasteful, and Ibra's doing very well so far. I've gotta say, as much as I used to hate this guy I'm starting to warm up to him very quickly. Just keep on banging in those goals Ibracadabra and I might just forget you used to play for merda!

Nalx
28-09-2010, 14:40
Half time. So far so disgusting. The three senators in midfield decide to take a night's off. Seedorf galloped just once, in the 45th min, Pirlo was absent, Rino was downright embarassing with his string of wrong 10-yard passes. His good display last game was an EXCEPTION, and not a rule.

Even the relatively younger ones were awful. This level of football is too much for Antonini who was roasted again and again (you could tell by T Silva's look when he talked to him), Flamini's temper got the better of him.

We did have a goal and should've added another, but our overall performance was waaaay below par.

Lebanese
28-09-2010, 14:47
I think we should all collectively chip in to buy Zizou a ticket to Milan to deliver a message to Allegri with a headbutt ala FAMILY GUY (no Rino Pirlo Seedorf!!) :r14:

MIDFIELD: Pirlo's been meh, Rino is his usual self, Seedorf's actually playing quite good.

UPFRONT: Robinho's been lively but wasteful, and Ibra's doing very well so far. I've gotta say, as much as I used to hate this guy I'm starting to warm up to him very quickly. Just keep on banging in those goals Ibracadabra and I might just forget you used to play for merda!

He is paid to score goals, look at seedorf he is turning 35 and beautifully created 2 goals.
Our mastermind lost his mind after grosso assist in 2006
And ronaldinho is waiting for his star to shine again

Let me say something, in order to be Milan again, pirlo and ronaldinho must go, they are my favorite players but 21 mil on salary for these two is way too much for a once in a blue moon performance

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 14:47
I'm sure warming up to Ibra. But,Jeez, our backs just stood around and watched them score that goal!!!

Ryo
28-09-2010, 14:59
Prince already on, for who?

Lets hope Ronnie can come out and change the game for us if we're still level by the 70the minute.

Dang, I come back from the shower and all they get is a yellow card :P

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 15:01
The ref is atrocious...he is allowing the crowd to dictate his calls...

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 15:02
Worst ref seriously

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:04
Pippo and R80 come on now goood energy.

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 15:06
Goofy is about to come on

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 15:07
We need some changes now that Rino has a yellow....

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:08
Why the hell did Allegri put on KPB for Flamini? Take off one of either Rino or Pirlo

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 15:08
Cromagnon man...Rino.

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 15:09
mid is tired we need a sub now !

Ryo
28-09-2010, 15:09
Oh come on! Zambrotta and Gattuso's yellows were completely rediculous!

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:11
And another one! Antonini this time

Ryo
28-09-2010, 15:12
And another one! Antonini this time

I swear, Suarrez should go into theatre. The dude is such a damn good actor. We have 4 yellows thanks to him :P

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 15:14
WHY HAS HE NO MADE THE SUB YET
GUTTUSO IS DEAD

so much frustration

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 15:14
Boateng....Ibra was calling for it.

Aficio
28-09-2010, 15:14
The ball is not your enemy, no need to kick that hard, Boateng :D

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:15
proud of your workrate tonight seedorf. hustled a lot.

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:15
Well if the ref keeps buying it I'm not surprised he keeps on trying.

Ryo
28-09-2010, 15:19
Where the hell are the subs goddamnit!!!!!
Is Allegri stupid!?!?!?

We're managing to steal the ball, but no one has any extra energy left to counter!
Do something about it!!!

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:20
Make a ****ing sub you moran. Players are dead tired.

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 15:21
Can he not see how tired his players are ?
Worst coach !!

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:21
^^what they said!!

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:23
Fk our coach. Seriously. Idiot.

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:23
Damn Madrid just scored as well

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 15:24
I'm the same.... Where are the subs????? He's waiting for the 88th minute!

Ryo
28-09-2010, 15:26
DAMNIT! Our energy is so low not only can't we steal the ball, we can barely KEEP the ball!

DUDE!!!!!!! MAKE YOUR SUBS!!!!!! WE'RE NOT PLAYING FOR A DAMN POINT!!

ELiTEE
28-09-2010, 15:27
ohh KPB :(

84 min subs and guttuso is still on

Ryo
28-09-2010, 15:29
The hell are we trying to do right now????
We just took off our two playmakers for a striker and a speed winger, neither of which are creative or tricky....... Who the hell's gonna direct play now???


Damnit, every one of the "Big Teams" are winning right now......

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:32
I think an old fashioned 4-4-2 with KPB and Abate as wingers. Whatever it is, it's a little bit too late me reckons!

Ryo
28-09-2010, 15:36
Godamnit!
If only our subs had come on at 75-80 mins. We had the power to break and counter.... not so in the 88th minute.......

Allegri, dude, I don't get why you have to wait so long to put on some subs. Can't you even see that your players are tired?!?!?!?!

Bleh...... Bar us, every single "Big Team" won tonight....

Playing like this, I find it hard so see how we can repeat our feats from last season against Madrid....

HO-YOUNG
28-09-2010, 15:36
Milan Suck!!! prostitution should be considered

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:37
Man I wish R70 made that goal. Sht. Missed chance to win.


Allegri sorry my friend. Im ready to see you go any day.

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 15:39
I think I would give my left testicle to have Leo back now! Damn you Allegri, another false prophet

Warro Bantan
28-09-2010, 15:39
Allegri is not up to UCL coaching standard. Jose will creeeeam him.

Well, we need to focus on the Serie A anyway.

What a joker he is!!

Jol made the changes, but Allegri? Too little too late.

Sigh.

housin7
28-09-2010, 15:43
Why do I have the feeling that Allegri is content to get a single point from an away match?

Not to mention that I don't get the purpose of substitution at 88' apart from trying to waste time.

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:43
Im happy about our energy in this game. Gattuso might be back.

Like the 4-3-1-2 wayyyyyy more then the 4-3-3

Against Parma I hope Ibra sits or plays no more then a half. The guy is dead tired you can tell. But Allegrii cant.

OCmilano
28-09-2010, 15:45
Ohhh I would love to see a 3 player sub in the 90th min on a game by this clown.

sheva-gila
28-09-2010, 15:52
damn this guy is so stupid we should have won tonight
guys we may win CL, even if we win scudetto I wont respect Allegri, if Leo was still our coach with current players he would go so far I swear

Xudong
28-09-2010, 15:57
I swear, Suarrez should go into theatre. The dude is such a damn good actor. We have 4 yellows thanks to him :P

wasn't he known for that?

The Kaiser
28-09-2010, 16:00
Well, I'm satisfied that despite a lacklustre performance we still got a point away to a good side. And if it wasn't for Robinho's miss and Sketelenburg's amazing save from Prince we would've got all three points.

Looks like we'll have to do it the hard way again. Bring on Madrid!

hitmannq8
28-09-2010, 16:11
Very poor Robinho today unfortunately, but at least he was moving alot and his movements were good.

I did not Allegri's substitutions, he took way too long to do them. Prince was in a good time but I dont know why Abate and not Ronaldinho? Maybe he's trying to make a point?

However I did like one thing today. We were very compact and solid defensively. We defended like a unit. We did not concede many counter attacks and did not give as many chances as we usually give at the start of the season. That's one thing I liked.

I am very sad though that my boy Robinho performed like that. I also thought Seedorf gave two magnificent assists, however he did lose the ball alot early in the first half. I thought Pirlo was great today, despite giving the ball away too much. He was awesome for me defensively, and calm, I liked him.

Anto and Zambrotta offered nothing offensively. Nothing. Gattuso was solid again.

Not the worst of performances by the team. I am disappointed Allegri was happy to earn a point. Hopefully Robinho improves upon his performance, and Zlatan needs a rest. 5 goals in 6 games for him now.

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 16:17
Man, I would be in 7th heaven (even tho I'm an atheist) if we could do a number on Madrid and show up The Arrogant One...although after watching Allegri do his thing today I think I'm wishing for the impossible.

Wonder if Silvio is pissed that Goofy was on the bench today?

sheva-gila
28-09-2010, 16:19
can you guys realize that we earned a point with a poor performance that means with a current squad only victories are acceptable

Kwasniefski
28-09-2010, 16:21
hitmannq8..."solidly defensively" maybe after they scored...but damn sure not on their goal...5 or 6 of our backs stood....stood.... and watched 2 guys work it and score!

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 16:59
Didn't get to watch the Match but just saw the Highlights...Had to work as it's the middle of the day in America:angf:

Seedorf 2 great passes.... Overall, I liked the starting lineup EXCEPT I would have had Boateng instead of Gattuso. Didn't we establish he can't play twice per week?????

Robinho: how in the world do you miss that 1 on 1 with keeper.. you faked it.. he went down.. now just chip it. You're brazilian and I've seen you chip for the goal so many times...what the hell were you trying to do going far post..Steklenberg had it covered...

The goal we conceded was a JOKE....what the hell was our defense doing standing around watching???

Whatever, I was the one that established the SACK ALLEGRI thread because I know this guy's not up to snuff as a coach of MILAN... subs in 88th minute is a joke.....

Ibra, Seedorf Gattuso need to sit out next game... for sure against Parma.. Give this guy a breaak...

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 17:16
Seedorf said we should use a 4-3-3
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2010/09/28/2141395/clarence-seedorf-admits-milan-cant-rely-solely-on-zlatan

wat a fkn moron

kastriot
28-09-2010, 17:19
I have to say that under Leo with the same line up (less experienced) we were much more compact and stronger defensively. Whats even more alarming is that Leo preferred our FB to be more adventurous offensively and yet somehow were conceded less.

I believe that Leo`s defense was more solid due to pressing much more up the field with the defense(40-50 m) and Allegri plays very deep and as a result we can not play as a unit,even more that our midfilders and attackers don`t press as much.Any thoughts???

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 17:25
I have to say that under Leo with the same line up (less experienced) we were much more compact and stronger defensively. Whats even more alarming is that Leo preferred our FB to be more adventurous offensively and yet somehow were conceded less.

I believe that Leo`s defense was more solid due to pressing much more up the field with the defense(40-50 m) and Allegri plays very deep and as a result we can not play as a unit,even more that our midfilders and attackers don`t press as much.Any thoughts???

Sack his a$$...

Rijkaard, van basten, or Leo back..

Sell Pirlo AND Ronaldinho

Buy a G)D DAMN RB or LB... buy Jucilei, and another solid striker since R80 will be gone...

3 players...and a new coach... this guy's tactics are confusing me... his substitutions or lack thereof is confusing me.. and he continues to play the same slow midfield...

Zambrotta and Antonini are prob not good enough for Champions League or to win Serie A...

Maicon and Chivu are a "bit" better I'd say..

Aficio
28-09-2010, 17:56
Take it easy, a point is not bad.

We were unlucky for Robinho & Prince's chances

The subs are not good, but Dinho could be a gamble (not fit, maybe not effective and lead to unbalance) and we don't have any better solution. The only sub can change the match is Pato. It is still early to take gamble.

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 18:47
Let's hope Allegri can get his tactics right before it's too late.. and our Milan Management will use the beginning of this season to realize we still have MAJOR wholes in the team...

GeoTav
28-09-2010, 21:16
So if I understand what is posted on this topic, everyone seems against Allegri ?!

Damn, am I the only one to see some logics in what he did ?

He changed the formation (what everyone wanted until few seconds before that game).
He decided not to use Ronaldinho (what everyone asked until few seconds before that game).
He did a balanced team and it looks like he is managing to give confidence again to Gattuso (very good game IMO, even if he misses passes, like he has always done since he is in Milan, he was like a wall most of the time).
He used Flamini and Robinho.
He gave fresh legs to the midfield by replacing Flamini who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes by Boateng.
He sent Abate and Inzaghi in instead of Ronaldinho to make the team look like a 4-4-2 (and no more a 4-3-1-2) and keep a balanced team.

We didn't lose, we rested Ronaldinho who isn't in a good form nowadays, we gave time to both Robinho and Flamini who are not 100% fit yet, we tested a new formation.

About the players, I was impressed by Thiago Silva, Gattuso and the duo Ibrabinho (even if Robinho didn't manage to score, I think they are complementary).
I was unimpressed by Antonini this time (he was badly placed several times) and Nesta (responsible for the goal conceded).

There is still a lot of work to do, but I think we're on the good way, by slowly welcoming back the injured players, the team slowly looks stronger.

And to end this long post: Funny to see Ibra scoring our 3 goals in CL, the guy is labelled as a "big game no show", especially in CL, and he's been the one saving our a*ses so far ...

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 22:40
So if I understand what is posted on this topic, everyone seems against Allegri ?!

Damn, am I the only one to see some logics in what he did ?

He changed the formation (what everyone wanted until few seconds before that game).
He decided not to use Ronaldinho (what everyone asked until few seconds before that game).
He did a balanced team and it looks like he is managing to give confidence again to Gattuso (very good game IMO, even if he misses passes, like he has always done since he is in Milan, he was like a wall most of the time).
He used Flamini and Robinho.
He gave fresh legs to the midfield by replacing Flamini who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes by Boateng.
He sent Abate and Inzaghi in instead of Ronaldinho to make the team look like a 4-4-2 (and no more a 4-3-1-2) and keep a balanced team.

We didn't lose, we rested Ronaldinho who isn't in a good form nowadays, we gave time to both Robinho and Flamini who are not 100% fit yet, we tested a new formation.

About the players, I was impressed by Thiago Silva, Gattuso and the duo Ibrabinho (even if Robinho didn't manage to score, I think they are complementary).
I was unimpressed by Antonini this time (he was badly placed several times) and Nesta (responsible for the goal conceded).

There is still a lot of work to do, but I think we're on the good way, by slowly welcoming back the injured players, the team slowly looks stronger.

And to end this long post: Funny to see Ibra scoring our 3 goals in CL, the guy is labelled as a "big game no show", especially in CL, and he's been the one saving our a*ses so far ...

Yes everything you say is good and logical...

About Ibra, He's a Champion, He scored 2 great goals and important goals against Arsenal last year in CL. I think that "big game flop" talk was always nonsense...

About the formation, I liked it, but we've played a lot of games recently.. this is why it's very important for him to rotate his players properly. Perhaps we've been hard on him, but I hope once the players have consistency and show chemistry, we can rotate them properly so they're well rested.

One thing I didn't like is to hear this from Seedorf:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2010/09/28/2141395/clarence-seedorf-admits-milan-cant-rely-solely-on-zlatan
Basically saying Allegri wants us to play the 4-3-3 and we're getting used to it.

Boateng for Flamini at 52 was good
Perhaps he thought Seedorf can create something and didn't want to take him out...

We were a bit hard on him...He didn't have Ambrosini to work with, Flamini's not fit, Boateng was probably tired, and Pato's injured... However, the fact Ronaldinho can't even be a sub because he throws our system totally out of WACK means we need to sell him Pronto....

Elmago99
28-09-2010, 22:41
Although good news from Allegri..maybe he's "convinced" of the 4-4-2


* Massimiliano Allegri

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has denied any problems exists between him and Ronaldinho, after keeping the Brazilian on the bench in the side's 1-1 draw against Ajax.

Allegri also says he is satisfied with what his side did on the pitch.

"Ajax played a great match, but the side conceded very little and I am satisfied," Allegri told Mediaset Premium post-match. "The 4-4-2 formation we played with convinced me as much as when we play with three up front.

"I don't have a problem with Ronaldinho. I decided to rest him this evening, and change things around. Robinho did well, even when he was defending, and am convinced he did a useful job for the side."

Xudong
28-09-2010, 23:35
So if I understand what is posted on this topic, everyone seems against Allegri ?!

Damn, am I the only one to see some logics in what he did ?

He changed the formation (what everyone wanted until few seconds before that game).
He decided not to use Ronaldinho (what everyone asked until few seconds before that game).
He did a balanced team and it looks like he is managing to give confidence again to Gattuso (very good game IMO, even if he misses passes, like he has always done since he is in Milan, he was like a wall most of the time).
He used Flamini and Robinho.
He gave fresh legs to the midfield by replacing Flamini who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes by Boateng.
He sent Abate and Inzaghi in instead of Ronaldinho to make the team look like a 4-4-2 (and no more a 4-3-1-2) and keep a balanced team.

We didn't lose, we rested Ronaldinho who isn't in a good form nowadays, we gave time to both Robinho and Flamini who are not 100% fit yet, we tested a new formation.

About the players, I was impressed by Thiago Silva, Gattuso and the duo Ibrabinho (even if Robinho didn't manage to score, I think they are complementary).
I was unimpressed by Antonini this time (he was badly placed several times) and Nesta (responsible for the goal conceded).

There is still a lot of work to do, but I think we're on the good way, by slowly welcoming back the injured players, the team slowly looks stronger.

And to end this long post: Funny to see Ibra scoring our 3 goals in CL, the guy is labelled as a "big game no show", especially in CL, and he's been the one saving our a*ses so far ...

well, you are not alone. But I am not an expert, so when I saw everybody against him, the natural thought was that there must be something wrong with me. :tong:

Revolver
29-09-2010, 02:21
For me, Allegri is doing good job up until now. He used three formations in 7 games we've played so far, with many different players, and all three worked. As Geo said, he gave confidence back to Gattuso, who's finally playing like he should.

About last night's game, I watched first half only, Ajax were pressing very high, but it seemed we were able to create chances at will. Robinho's miss was awful, I would keep him on the bench for month because of that, Seedorf's flick was work of genius (Xavi, anyone?!). Gattuso and Pirlo were good. Flamini was bad, I think someone finally have to say to him that he's not in England anymore and there're leagues where players actually can hold the ball near their feet so he can't be reckless like he is. Antonini was our worst player on the pitch in the first half. He was ripped apart defensively and offered nothing in attack as usual. Hell, with these full backs playing average defensively and offering nothing in attack, if I was Allegri I would consider Jankulovski again. Since he lost his form, we almost didn't score from our full backs' crosses. With Gattuso or Flamini on his side he could be good.

Mentioning that, did anyone noticed how good move from Allegri was to transfer Gattuso on the left? Gattuso never played on the left here, but that was good move to prevent leakage on the left side, because Dinho can't track back.

Filipéz 182
29-09-2010, 02:25
For me, Allegri is doing good job up until now. He used three formations in 7 games we've played so far, with many different players, and all three worked. As Geo said, he gave confidence back to Gattuso, who's finally playing like he should.

About last night's game, I watched first half only, Ajax were pressing very high, but it seemed we were able to create chances at will. Robinho's miss was awful, I would keep him on the bench for month because of that, Seedorf's flick was work of genius (Xavi, anyone?!). Gattuso and Pirlo were good. Flamini was bad, I think someone finally have to say to him that he's not in England anymore and there're leagues where players actually can hold the ball near their feet so he can't be reckless like he is. Antonini was our worst player on the pitch in the first half. He was ripped apart defensively and offered nothing in attack as usual. Hell, with these full backs playing average defensively and offering nothing in attack, if I was Allegri I would consider Jankulovski again. Since he lost his form, we almost didn't score from our full backs' crosses. With Gattuso or Flamini on his side he could be good.


I'm so glad you are not our coach!


A draw was good enough for us IMO , and we got what we wanted. We even had the chances to win this one, though the performance wasnt great. Offcourse Robinho shouldve scored that chance but these things can happen, he was very lively and did a good job in the first half. But you can see he is still not at 100%, he needs some more games to become at his best!

Ibrahimovic is becoming our most important player, great goal by him again, I want too see him together with a totally fit robinho and Pato!

Flamini needs more games under his belt, he for sure has the qualities to become a starter for this team.

On Ajax: I want their goalkeeper :D He is absolutely fantastic this season with ajax and proved that once again yesterday, also on the world cup he was excellent.

fLame
29-09-2010, 04:05
So if I understand what is posted on this topic, everyone seems against Allegri ?!

Damn, am I the only one to see some logics in what he did ?

He changed the formation (what everyone wanted until few seconds before that game).
He decided not to use Ronaldinho (what everyone asked until few seconds before that game).
He did a balanced team and it looks like he is managing to give confidence again to Gattuso (very good game IMO, even if he misses passes, like he has always done since he is in Milan, he was like a wall most of the time).
He used Flamini and Robinho.
He gave fresh legs to the midfield by replacing Flamini who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes by Boateng.
He sent Abate and Inzaghi in instead of Ronaldinho to make the team look like a 4-4-2 (and no more a 4-3-1-2) and keep a balanced team.

We didn't lose, we rested Ronaldinho who isn't in a good form nowadays, we gave time to both Robinho and Flamini who are not 100% fit yet, we tested a new formation.

About the players, I was impressed by Thiago Silva, Gattuso and the duo Ibrabinho (even if Robinho didn't manage to score, I think they are complementary).
I was unimpressed by Antonini this time (he was badly placed several times) and Nesta (responsible for the goal conceded).

There is still a lot of work to do, but I think we're on the good way, by slowly welcoming back the injured players, the team slowly looks stronger.

And to end this long post: Funny to see Ibra scoring our 3 goals in CL, the guy is labelled as a "big game no show", especially in CL, and he's been the one saving our a*ses so far ...

Bravo Geo! I was going to write my own post, but you made it completely unnecessary. :clap:

I highlighted the key points in bold.

Also, Robinho should definitely play more. If he hits top form, he can totally rip through defenses. Ibra is our god now! :p283: Gattuso might be back.

We will see.. At least our game had fluency and we didn't play yet another pass and pray boring game. :haha:

Aficio
29-09-2010, 06:51
For me, Allegri is doing good job up until now. He used three formations in 7 games we've played so far, with many different players, and all three worked. As Geo said, he gave confidence back to Gattuso, who's finally playing like he should.

About last night's game, I watched first half only, Ajax were pressing very high, but it seemed we were able to create chances at will. Robinho's miss was awful, I would keep him on the bench for month because of that, Seedorf's flick was work of genius (Xavi, anyone?!). Gattuso and Pirlo were good. Flamini was bad, I think someone finally have to say to him that he's not in England anymore and there're leagues where players actually can hold the ball near their feet so he can't be reckless like he is. Antonini was our worst player on the pitch in the first half. He was ripped apart defensively and offered nothing in attack as usual. Hell, with these full backs playing average defensively and offering nothing in attack, if I was Allegri I would consider Jankulovski again. Since he lost his form, we almost didn't score from our full backs' crosses. With Gattuso or Flamini on his side he could be good.

Mentioning that, did anyone noticed how good move from Allegri was to transfer Gattuso on the left? Gattuso never played on the left here, but that was good move to prevent leakage on the left side, because Dinho can't track back.


I agree, even with Robinho's part :D

Gattuso is useful, Flamini is (still) not. Last year he had some good blocks in penalty box, but that also meaned he couldn't prevent opponent in the mid.

Anto played at his best if there is a player like Dinho on the same flank. He alone is a pure weak defender.

I don't know any about Janku, but I like him playing DM than LB, that's safer and more effective, IMO.

fLame
29-09-2010, 08:26
Milito is out for tonight's Inter game! :1d31:

Could we be for another Roma-like treat? :beer:

Kwasniefski
29-09-2010, 09:19
So if I understand what is posted on this topic, everyone seems against Allegri ?!

Damn, am I the only one to see some logics in what he did ?

He changed the formation (what everyone wanted until few seconds before that game).
He decided not to use Ronaldinho (what everyone asked until few seconds before that game).
He did a balanced team and it looks like he is managing to give confidence again to Gattuso (very good game IMO, even if he misses passes, like he has always done since he is in Milan, he was like a wall most of the time).
He used Flamini and Robinho.
He gave fresh legs to the midfield by replacing Flamini who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes by Boateng.
He sent Abate and Inzaghi in instead of Ronaldinho to make the team look like a 4-4-2 (and no more a 4-3-1-2) and keep a balanced team.

We didn't lose, we rested Ronaldinho who isn't in a good form nowadays, we gave time to both Robinho and Flamini who are not 100% fit yet, we tested a new formation.

About the players, I was impressed by Thiago Silva, Gattuso and the duo Ibrabinho (even if Robinho didn't manage to score, I think they are complementary).
I was unimpressed by Antonini this time (he was badly placed several times) and Nesta (responsible for the goal conceded).

There is still a lot of work to do, but I think we're on the good way, by slowly welcoming back the injured players, the team slowly looks stronger.

And to end this long post: Funny to see Ibra scoring our 3 goals in CL, the guy is labelled as a "big game no show", especially in CL, and he's been the one saving our a*ses so far ...



Must admit you make a lot of sense, GeoTav. Maybe I WAS screaming too hard at Allegri.:1five:

ACMILAN1983
29-09-2010, 10:01
An interesting game, for which the result was fair. We played a mixed game which relied on our overall technical ability rather than our tactical set up. Ajax deserve some credit on their game, as they pressed well high up the pitch, though they themselves had many weaknesses, which we exploited on at least 3-4 occasions.

Tactically, our faults were in they positions we took on the field. The midfield lacked support from the forwards defensively, but at the same time both midfield and defence were guilty of dropping too deep and not keeping a high.

Initially, we struggled as the fullbacks were left isolated against multiple opponents in wide areas. This meant they were often forced to push up to try and close down spaces, with gaps behind, which stretched the defence as Thiago and Nesta were forced to cover. We improved over time as the midfield moved across the pitch depending on Ajax's attacks to provide cover in front of the fullbacks.

Going forward we had a fair amount of space and had the team been more clinical then we would have won for sure. However, it can't be ignored that the forward line had little to no support from the midfield until after Boateng came on. This breaks the team into two units, but also prevents us building consistent attacking moves.

My biggest worry of this match was our fitness. However, I hope it was merely due to our recent schedule rather than other issues.

Players..

Abbiati - Had little to do beyond the Ajax goal
Zambrotta - Not a poor game, but left gaps behind which he lacked the pace to cover
Nesta - Struggled initially as he was stretched (his age is showing these days), but solid after the goal
Thiago - Like Nesta had to cover too many positions, but improved over time.
Antonini - Poor game, struggled throughout and suffered defensively
Rino - A decent outing, but didn't push up like he did against Genoa
Flamini - Poor return as he added little to our team overall
Pirlo - A good game as he offered a composed view on the game and was keeping plays moving.
Seedorf - Some amazing passes, though at times he strolled back when shouldn't.
Robinho - Moved into all of the right positions, but lacked sharpness to finish moves.
Ibra - Another good game with a goal. Was clearly drained at the end.

Elmago99
29-09-2010, 10:24
Players..

Abbiati - Had little to do beyond the Ajax goal
Zambrotta - Not a poor game, but left gaps behind which he lacked the pace to cover
Nesta - Struggled initially as he was stretched (his age is showing these days), but solid after the goal
Thiago - Like Nesta had to cover too many positions, but improved over time.
Antonini - Poor game, struggled throughout and suffered defensively
Rino - A decent outing, but didn't push up like he did against Genoa
Flamini - Poor return as he added little to our team overall
Pirlo - A good game as he offered a composed view on the game and was keeping plays moving.
Seedorf - Some amazing passes, though at times he strolled back when shouldn't.
Robinho - Moved into all of the right positions, but lacked sharpness to finish moves.
Ibra - Another good game with a goal. Was clearly drained at the end.


I'm confused.. why is Gattuso pushing up so much playing 1-2's with Ibra and Robinho? Secondly, why is he allowed to venture forward so often? Wouldn't we rather Pirlo doing that instead of standing near the CB's?

Secondly, if we lose the ball and get countered, wouldn't we want Gattuso defending the Counter Attack instead of Pirlo? This is why I've always been confused about Gattuso pushing up while Pirlo hangs back...

ACMILAN1983
29-09-2010, 11:14
I'm confused.. why is Gattuso pushing up so much playing 1-2's with Ibra and Robinho? Secondly, why is he allowed to venture forward so often? Wouldn't we rather Pirlo doing that instead of standing near the CB's?

Secondly, if we lose the ball and get countered, wouldn't we want Gattuso defending the Counter Attack instead of Pirlo? This is why I've always been confused about Gattuso pushing up while Pirlo hangs back...

It's in the system that Allegri wants the two midfielders flanking Pirlo pushing up. The reason is that we need powerful runners (something I'm sure we can agree isn't Pirlo's strength) to support the forward line while Pirlo from deeper sprays passes. Gattuso isn't a technical player but it was his movement and willingness to run that made him so useful against Genoa.

For the system to work successfully, Pirlo should also be pushing up higher than he is, and the same goes of the defence. If we do this then we won't be seeing Pirlo isolated against a counter, but rather a high compressed unit that can look to win the ball early before an opponents starts attacking plays.

Elmago99
29-09-2010, 11:33
It's in the system that Allegri wants the two midfielders flanking Pirlo pushing up. The reason is that we need powerful runners (something I'm sure we can agree isn't Pirlo's strength) to support the forward line while Pirlo from deeper sprays passes. Gattuso isn't a technical player but it was his movement and willingness to run that made him so useful against Genoa.

For the system to work successfully, Pirlo should also be pushing up higher than he is, and the same goes of the defence. If we do this then we won't be seeing Pirlo isolated against a counter, but rather a high compressed unit that can look to win the ball early before an opponents starts attacking plays.

I'm not necessarily convinced Gattuso/Ambrosini/Seedorf are capable of a system like that whereas Flamini and Boateng are certainly better suited...

Ryo
29-09-2010, 12:34
So if I understand what is posted on this topic, everyone seems against Allegri ?!

Damn, am I the only one to see some logics in what he did ?

He changed the formation (what everyone wanted until few seconds before that game).
He decided not to use Ronaldinho (what everyone asked until few seconds before that game).
He did a balanced team and it looks like he is managing to give confidence again to Gattuso (very good game IMO, even if he misses passes, like he has always done since he is in Milan, he was like a wall most of the time).
He used Flamini and Robinho.
He gave fresh legs to the midfield by replacing Flamini who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes by Boateng.
He sent Abate and Inzaghi in instead of Ronaldinho to make the team look like a 4-4-2 (and no more a 4-3-1-2) and keep a balanced team.

We didn't lose, we rested Ronaldinho who isn't in a good form nowadays, we gave time to both Robinho and Flamini who are not 100% fit yet, we tested a new formation.

About the players, I was impressed by Thiago Silva, Gattuso and the duo Ibrabinho (even if Robinho didn't manage to score, I think they are complementary).
I was unimpressed by Antonini this time (he was badly placed several times) and Nesta (responsible for the goal conceded).

There is still a lot of work to do, but I think we're on the good way, by slowly welcoming back the injured players, the team slowly looks stronger.

And to end this long post: Funny to see Ibra scoring our 3 goals in CL, the guy is labelled as a "big game no show", especially in CL, and he's been the one saving our a*ses so far ...


Geo, it seems like everyone's agreeing with you :P
Some food for thought though.

1.) We already tested the 4-4-2 against Genoa, it worked perfectly fine.

2.) Our change in formation took place in the 88th minute. between the 80th minute and then, our midfield was completely exhausted. We were running around and knocking the ball away from Ajax's attackers, but we couldn't counter because we didn't have the legs to do so, or even to pass it up to the front three who could, and thus kept getting pegged back in our own half for most of that period.
Yes, bringing on Abate and Inzaghi was good for the balance of the team, but why give them just 5 minutes? You can't seriously expect anyone to acclamitise to the pace and flow of the game and pop up with a winner, now can you? That said, dispite the fact that we put on two attacking players for midfielders, the move had "Draw" written all over it. That in my books is not good enough. Had we made the substitutions earlier, given that the team was still balanced out, then surely we could have won it all. But not everyone is going to do a Paloschi, specially not Pippo (too slow) or Abate (always needs time to start properly).
The question here would be, why not make the same substitutions during the 7xth minute, when we could have potentially had the energy and fight to score from a counter? Why in the last 6 or 7 minutes, when it does nothing to rest the players coming off for our next match nor provide the team with an actual chance to win the current match. That, my friend, was my qualm with Allegri last night.

3.) Yes, it was away, and thus could be considered a good draw. But we're not playing in the league right now where we can wait for teams to slip up. Our next two matches are against Mourinho's Real Madrid (Who not only have outstanding players all round, but also have a coach who has beaten us time and again over the last season). I see high potential for messing up here, which is why we needed to get as many good points for us against the other teams. Picture this, we lose all 6 points against Madrid, and Ajax or Auxerre win both their matches against their opponents (or just win one and draw one). We'd be in third place with a laughable goal difference. This is a group where every single point and every single goal counts, and I see last night as two points lost, not one point gained.

How this will affect our chances of going into the later stages remains to be seen, but I just thought I'd put things into perspective for you all. Manchester United were in a similar group in 1999, with Rivaldo's Barca and Bayern Munich. Barca and Brondby were the top two going into the third round, but with Man Utd pulverizing Brondby in the middle two games, Barca ended up missing out the knock-out stages. $hit happens all the time, so I can't discount the uneasy feeling of not taking away all three points tonight.

4.) Gattuso's performance could still be a one-off. It remains to be seen if he can actually be the constent performer who won for both club and country in 06/07 or if he'll be another Ronnie who plays when he feels like it.

Call me a pessimist if you want, but given that we've not been consistent at all this term, I'd be a lot more reserved about our chances than to say we'll come out and win it all once we start firing on all cylinders, simply because I don't even know WHEN that consistency will come.

honsano
29-09-2010, 13:57
Gattuso surprisingly had legs come the 80th minute. He was the only one really pushing. His problem now is though that he is brushed off the ball all to easily now and he loses the ball way too much. I know he pushes forward a lot more these days, but he lost a lot of the balls he won in defense.

Is it me or is Silva playing more of a sweeper role these days? Nesta is a little more forward and it was acutally Thiago cleaning up all the messes. He had an excellent game today.

For my money, I think Pirlo had a pretty good game. He made the excellent pass to Seedorf for our first goal from Ibra. He was also able to open up play numerous times wit his long balls. Most importantly, he rarely lost the ball today and was able to intercept a few passes in defense as well. Slick feet at the top of hte opponents box before Prince shot high too.

Ibra may win player of the year this season. He is just class.

Good god ref, did we really deserve all those yellows or maybe just half of them? Talk about poor decisions.

Seedorf was tired and continues to be slow. This man has legs the size of tree trunks. There is no way for him to be muscled off the ball yet somehow he lost so many balls throughout the game. Me thinks it was because he is a little tired. He didn't have any good interchanges with the front either. His linking job was sort of a fail. AFter a while we just began relying on Ibra's size and knocking the balls up ala Inter when they had him. There needs to be more cohesion between midfield and the frontline and I think R80 out is a great first step. The ball travels between the lines much better than just being on one side. Now it is just a matter of who to put around the Pirlo or Seedorf playmaker spot


Overall an acceptable result for this early in the season and our new additions but certainly not desirable considering the class we have on our side.

ACMILAN1983
30-09-2010, 03:09
I'm not necessarily convinced Gattuso/Ambrosini/Seedorf are capable of a system like that whereas Flamini and Boateng are certainly better suited...

I don't disagree

kastriot
30-09-2010, 04:40
The reality is that if we plan to play as a UNIT than it means we have to attack together and defend together. In that case the obvious team selection is as it folows

------------Abbiati-----------
Zam--Nesta--T.Silva--Antonini
--Boateng--Seedorf--Flamini--
----Robinho--Ibra--Pato------

Dinho and Pirlo have no place in a scheme were everybody has to attack and defend, One can only attack the other seats deep and even then can not defend properly.
Not that seedord is any better, but stamina make him a better defender than Pirlo any day. Pirlo`s long balls will not be missed since in this scheme you build up your play from the defense who push up higher on the field, and you have a compactness on the attack.

What makes me happy about the new acquisition is that they naturally play aggressive on the last third of the pitch. Both Robinho and Ibra move a lot and intercept a lot of passes or are cause of lost possession of the other team.
Pato as any other Milan player will not defend, its Allegries responsibility to make him much more aggressive when other team are building a play.

Filipéz 182
30-09-2010, 05:07
4-3-3 is not the right formation for us IMO, i'd go for a 4-3-1-2 with the same players Kastriot has in his lineup, but playing robinho in a free role behind pato and Ibra!

kastriot
30-09-2010, 06:11
4-3-3 is not the right formation for us IMO, i'd go for a 4-3-1-2 with the same players Kastriot has in his lineup, but playing robinho in a free role behind pato and Ibra!

I was thinking the same, I am for the 4-3-1-2, however I don`t think Robinho is "Trequartista" and that is what this role asks. It not enough to give him free role. Though he is underrated as AM i don`t think he is up to it. He is no Rui Costa nor Kaka. He doesn`t have 5 killer passes in one game :D.

I `d give it a shot anyway...though I think we are more suited to 4-3-3 with these players.

Elmago99
30-09-2010, 07:18
I was thinking the same, I am for the 4-3-1-2, however I don`t think Robinho is "Trequartista" and that is what this role asks. It not enough to give him free role. Though he is underrated as AM i don`t think he is up to it. He is no Rui Costa nor Kaka. He doesn`t have 5 killer passes in one game :D.

I `d give it a shot anyway...though I think we are more suited to 4-3-3 with these players.

Yep Agree.. let's try it as it will be a clear cut better system than with R80 in the lineup...