View Full Version : AC Milan vs. Ajax Matchday 6 UCL
Thanks to both Milan :5schal: and Madrid's victories on matchday 5, this match is nothing more than a formality as far as progress in CL is concerned. Since there's not much at stake except maybe pride, I'd really like to see some of the young ones (Odu, Strasser etc etc) to play in the game but it's all up to the coach :devf:.
Since it a meaningless match for us, I thought I'd go down memory lane to a time when this match had a lot of stakes. It was 7 years ago in the CL quarter- finals of 02/03 season (those were the days!)... the night that I became a Milan fan. It was a must-win match as we drew 0-0 at Ajax and the tension was unbearable. Inzaghi gave us a 1-0 lead at half-time. In the second half, Pienaar (I remember him causing all sorts of troubles that night and me thinking that he was one to watch in the future) scored and did a silly chicken celebration, #7 gave us the lead back, the Ajax coach brought on Litmanen for Pienaar (I'm not too sure if that's how it worked but I do know that Litmanen came on and Pienaar went off) and The Finn scored to level matters again. At this point Milan were out of Europe cos of the away goals rule. Then right at the end, just when all hope seemed to be lost and Milan would crash at the 1/4 finals hurdle, Jon Dahl Tomasson poked home from 1 yard out and Milan were through. We all know how that season ended.
I hope that Milan can again be as strong as those days. And I certainly hope we can have more nights like that one.
What I remember took place several months later Shegs. We're the reigning champs and we met them in the first game of the group phase. We won 1-0 but things could've been different if it weren't for Dida. He performed one of the most excellent saves I've ever seen. We all know how clumsy he can become, but memory is a pretty subjective thing, and when I think of him I think of this save he made that night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srzL8wdvnTU&feature=related
Elmago99
25-11-2010, 11:43
---------Verdi-----Oduamadi------
-------------------------------------
------------Ronaldinho--------------
-----Merkel------------Strasser-----
---------------Fossati-----------------
De Vito----------------------Albertazzi
----------Yepes--Sokratis--------------
-----------------------------------------
--------------Amelia--------------------
I would not play 1 first team player for this match. Tons of experience to all of our young players.. A great chance to see some young guys. I hope Allegri does a lineup like this....Not worth it to risk anyone... Ronaldinho no longer starts so it would be nice for the young guys to play with him.
I like your formation Elmago but it can't be done. We have secured the ticket for the next round but it doesn't mean we just can let the game end with big lose to Milan.
De Vito or Albertazzi can play from first minute but both shouldn't play together. Defence if a very important part for a team and we can't just give two spot for two unexperienced players. One of them can play as substitute but not both from the first minute.
The midfield needs a leader. Either Ambrosini, Pirlo or Gattuso (not all of them) has to play. So, from your line-up, Fossati should be on the bench. The forwards can be both Primavera players since we lack of strikers right now but both of your suggestions shouldn't play together since both are forward/wing forward. One of them should be replaced by a striker. Beretta (if he recovers from injury), Gaeta, Ganz or Palibrk can take one spot for striker from first minute.
----------------Amelia-----------------
---Abate---Sokratis---Yepes---Janku---
-----Boateng-----Pirlo-----Flamini------
---Odu------------------------Dinho---
----------------Robinho---------------
Time for the second team. Youngsters could come in for sub: Merkel, Strasser. I don't think Albertazzi, Berretta,... are ready yet. We must focus on Abate, Sokratis, Boateng, Flamini & Robinho, they are still somewhat tactically awkward. Youngsters should wait.
Pirlo (or Seedorf) is needed to organize the play. Dinho should be at his best position.
This is a very dynamic team.
The right is a bit inexperience, so Gattuso or Bonera could play.
I get this sinking feeling that Ibra will insist he plays so that he can add to his goal tally in the CL....
Much as I want to see our youngsters play like Elmago, I think Aficio's choice of starters is more likely to happen. We can be accused of disrespecting this competition if we field several Primavera players from the start when we have a quite complete senior squad to choose from.
abbeyleemaniac
06-12-2010, 08:54
Amelia
Abate Papa Silva Zambrotta
Boateng Pirlo Flamini
Merkel Ronaldinho
Robinho
we already qualified, so i would agree with elmago99 with the formation he chooses but instead of fossati i would prefer flamini. uh
Hmm I was reading an old magazine dated back in 2006. We were already booked a place in the next round as a group topper before the last matchday against Lille in San Siro, and Carletto fielded not even one player from the youth. The starters were Kalac, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Bonera, Simic, Gourcuff, Brocchi, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Borrielo, and Inzaghi.
That's quite interesting, especially reading the game thread on this forum, we were having many injuries at that time, something that could be used as an excuse to send the youngsters in.
Edit: from the posts there it seemed we played so awful and deservedly lost. Checking from some websites, it turned out that even Galliani held a meeting with the players in the locker room right after the game. So I guess it'd be better if we don't ask much from a game like this.
hitmannq8
08-12-2010, 00:16
Merkel, Strasser have been called up along with Verdi with his first call up this season.
I have a final during game time tomorrow but I'd like to get out of the exam seeing a 4-0 scoreline with 2 merkel assists and 2 verdi goals...... :D
ACMILAN1983
08-12-2010, 05:01
I think we'll see many first team squad players (i.e. I don't expect Merkel and Verdi to start, maybe one depending on Dinho's condition). However, Allegri can use this match to experiment with the team a little, and allow the side to adjust to new tactical ideas. Therefore, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a few starters in the lineup (notably Pirlo and Ambro).
Some one please post few streaming links here, because if Atdhe.net is down during the match, then I could miss it & I do not download full games using torrent files :cool:
Kaka1899
08-12-2010, 09:28
Some one please post few streaming links here, because if Atdhe.net is down during the match, then I could miss it & I do not download full games using torrent files :cool:
there will be some here Zeekay, they're not up yet but they will be on in 15 minutes, if there are not many to begin with keep checking back as they update it all day right upto the time of the game
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=97870&part=sports
Lebanese
08-12-2010, 13:59
MILAN-AJAX: FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
MILANO - Milan e Ajax cosė tra poco in campo a San Siro:
MILAN: Amelia; Bonera, Yepes, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Robinho, Ronaldinho.
AJAX: Stekelenburg; Van Der Wiel, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Emanuelson; Enoh, Eriksen, De Zeeuw; Suarez, De Jong, Sulejmani.
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 14:10
Anyone know which link on myp2p is best? which channel?
any other links appreciated... In America, they've decided to show Madrid-Auxerre and also Arsenal-Partizan
Lineup seems to be:
---------Ronaldinho-----Robinho--------------
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------Seedorf---------------------
--------Flamini--------------Pirlo---------------
------------------Ambrosini---------------------
-------------------------------------------------
Antonini------T.Silva---Yepes---------Bonera
---------------------------------------------------
===========Amelia=============
Hopefully, Merkel and Verdi will see some action...
Kaka1899
08-12-2010, 14:21
Elmago if you have sopcast this one seems to be good (if its online still when the game is on) its running at 1400kb which is over a mb per second should be nice if you have the internet connection to match; sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/94913
MILAN-AJAX: FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
MILANO - Milan e Ajax cosė tra poco in campo a San Siro:
MILAN: Amelia; Bonera, Yepes, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Robinho, Ronaldinho.
AJAX: Stekelenburg; Van Der Wiel, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Emanuelson; Enoh, Eriksen, De Zeeuw; Suarez, De Jong, Sulejmani.
I am not that happy with the formation since Merkel or Strasser should be there if not both.
I try to think positively that Milan need the money from the win in CL. Bring Ganso to Milan! :D
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 14:31
I am not that happy with the formation since Merkel or Strasser should be there if not both.
I try to think positively that Milan need the money from the win in CL. Bring Ganso to Milan! :D
who pays them if they win and how much/?
who pays them if they win and how much/?
UEFA. A win, a draw and a lost are all paid by UEFA (I forgot how much money a club get if they for example win a CL game. Even we lost we will be also paid. :D). I can only think that it is the reason we still play many of our best players in this useless game.
Sopcast link is good. Hope they show it until the end of the game. It is difficult now to find good streaming for CL.
Jay Crisp
08-12-2010, 14:50
Any links hook a brother up...sopcast just aint coming on for me.
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 14:52
very funny but Yepes looks like Borriello slightly....
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 14:53
Any links hook a brother up...sopcast just aint coming on for me.
http://freesport24.com/
excellent save from BONERA... we're not looking good so far
Jay Crisp
08-12-2010, 14:57
Yes Elmago Thank you...
Jay Crisp
08-12-2010, 14:59
i prefer when we have the white shorts and socks ..
Antonini looks out of sorts.
Expected though, since he just came back from injury.
And I know its expected that Ronnie doesn't defend, but god put a little pressure on the man with the ball. He's only two steps away from you for crying out loud!
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 15:03
Antonini looks out of sorts.
Expected though, since he just came back from injury.
perhaps Galliani can ask Van der Wiel to come back jan 1??:D
****
Flams just took himself out of the game. Hope it ain't serious..... Prince on now
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 15:18
This is what it looks like right now:
---------------Robinho---------
--------Ronaldinho-------------
--------------------Seedorf-----
-----Boateng--------Ambrosini
--------------------------------
--------------Pirlo------------
Antonini----------------Bonera
---------Yepes---Silva----------
--------------Amelia------------
Pirlo completely exposed in MF... so many counter attack chances for AJAX.... we need to switch ambro and pirlo.... and have Boateng time his runs.... Also Seedorf needs to come back to get the ball....
***** AND good for Suarez.. he's a diving CHEAT...good he got a yellow for diving in the box when no one was within 5 meters of him
Ronnie with a bullet header from a Binho cross.
And I think its Binho who should be timing his runs, he's been caught offside 4 times now
OCmilano
08-12-2010, 16:02
Ok team I want to see how you react to being down at home. Lets see if you guys pull it together. R80 hustle till the last second.
OCmilano
08-12-2010, 16:06
Greaaaaaat hustle by R70
Jay Crisp
08-12-2010, 16:09
Bollox Anyway
OCmilano
08-12-2010, 16:09
both goals I dont blame Amelia. This isnt good if were having problems with this team on the pitch
what the hell! I can't believe we are actually playing a near-full squad and get powered over like this.
OCmilano
08-12-2010, 16:27
R80 e` terribile.
Yea. This should be the game he was going to be hustling but I think he is done. At least on this team.
No movement, no nothing. That's why he is dropped. There is a reason.
Ajax makes us look like Brescia. :D
OK, I raelized that we wanted to win to save our UEFA club ranking, but wouldn't it be better if we played someone who actually cared to play and to win?
Worse is we can't let Ibra freaking rest. That's why I'm pissed.
No movement, no nothing. That's why he is dropped. There is a reason.
I couldn't agree more.
OCmilano
08-12-2010, 16:34
This is a sad day for me. Not the loss of the game but the loss of R80 on this team. Im 100% sure now that he isnt for this team ( faster paced and more defending from all players)
I hope we can get some money for him
Worse is we can't let Ibra freaking rest. That's why I'm pissed.
Allegri wanted to prove something I assume. :D
Allegri wanted to prove something I assume. :D
Well prove something he did. I'm glad he decided to use the opportunity to test out Merkel in this "meaningless for us, but meaningful for them" match. Its a huge sign that Allegri is seriously considering our youth's prospects.
Much better than Carlo using Mattioni in the last 16 minutes of the last match of Serie A two seasons ago..... and then offloading the young man a few weeks later.:5horse:
Merkel was invisible though. NObody seemed willing to pass the ball to him.
Well prove something he did. I'm glad he decided to use the opportunity to test out Merkel in this "meaningless for us, but meaningful for them" match.
yeah, prove something that he still is a real noob in champions league. the game for fans is meaningless but for allegri not. he even used ibra!! from 6 cl games, he is still not convincing for cl. i am proud of his achievement in serie A but in CL he is only a coach that starts writing name in CL, nothing more than that.
Its a huge sign that Allegri is seriously considering our youth's prospects.
Much better than Carlo using Mattioni in the last 16 minutes of the last match of Serie A two seasons ago..... and then offloading the young man a few weeks later.:5horse:
huge sign? much better? he only brought two players and only used 1 player. I remember Carlo gave chances to more young players for games like this.
until now, allegri hasn't proved anything better than the previous two coaches with respect of using young players.
Elmago99
08-12-2010, 23:38
Frankly, I don' think Allegri is a very good coach from what I've seen. I'm not an expert, but I am an ex-professional athlete, and I can understand football at a certain level.
From what I've seen:
1. Allegri makes some crazy subs, and usually too late
(Ibra on when he's supposed to rest, subs at 89 mins multiple times)
2. He has experimented with multiple formations, and it took him nearly 2 months to realize the 4-3-1-2 was better than the 4-3-3.
3. He finally realized Ambrosini is better in CDM holding position with Pirlo pushing up more... yet tonight he switched it back to the old way with Pirlo playing deep lying playmaker..which left us exposed many times with Ambro and Boateng no where to be found....
4. He didn't use any youngsters this season (our midfield has been good so far this season so I can't complain too much)
5. He is in 1st in Serie A only to Lazio (who?), Inter (a joke this season), and Jube (a team that beat us at HOME, and their squad is no where near as talented as ours).....so I'm not Impressed....
6. He gave up a late goal to Real Madrid at home to lose 2 points, when Milan was known for decades as a team that once up 1-0, it was FINITO!
* Our best game this year was against LECCE at home (first game of season)...
* I'm not getting into a Leo/Allegri debate because I thought we sucked last year .. but keep in mind he didn't have Ibra, Robinho, Boateng...
Lastly, I'll save this for Mercato section but we need a guy like Coentrao, Van der Wiel, and a guy like Ganso to control midfield...
Frankly, I don' think Allegri is a very good coach from what I've seen. I'm not an expert, but I am an ex-professional athlete, and I can understand football at a certain level.
From what I've seen:
1. Allegri makes some crazy subs, and usually too late
(Ibra on when he's supposed to rest, subs at 89 mins multiple times)
2. He has experimented with multiple formations, and it took him nearly 2 months to realize the 4-3-1-2 was better than the 4-3-3.
3. He finally realized Ambrosini is better in CDM holding position with Pirlo pushing up more... yet tonight he switched it back to the old way with Pirlo playing deep lying playmaker..which left us exposed many times with Ambro and Boateng no where to be found....
4. He didn't use any youngsters this season (our midfield has been good so far this season so I can't complain too much)
5. He is in 1st in Serie A only to Lazio (who?), Inter (a joke this season), and Jube (a team that beat us at HOME, and their squad is no where near as talented as ours).....so I'm not Impressed....
6. He gave up a late goal to Real Madrid at home to lose 2 points, when Milan was known for decades as a team that once up 1-0, it was FINITO!
* Our best game this year was against LECCE at home (first game of season)...
* I'm not getting into a Leo/Allegri debate because I thought we sucked last year .. but keep in mind he didn't have Ibra, Robinho, Boateng...
Lastly, I'll save this for Mercato section but we need a guy like Coentrao, Van der Wiel, and a guy like Ganso to control midfield...
Defending Allegri ^^:
1. Ibra's old club was Ajax, right?
2. He needs time to find which is the best.
3. And the best is not the best if everyone knows about it. Leo was the proof. Why not trying something new in this meaningless match.
4. You've known the answer already. IMO, adaption of new & expensive player first, youngsters second.
5. I still like it :D
6. Real were too strong & spirited, a draw is enough.
tim_milan
09-12-2010, 08:49
Last night s game was crap. It was not disappointing only bcoz we lost but also bcoz of d way v played. Our approach was not right. We had most of our first team players except for in d defense and we played so pathetically against a talented and fit Ajax. At some point it gets so irritating when u c Seedorf and Dinho just running around aimlessly. And these guys have not played a lot recently either. Their time is up and it would good for 'em and Milan if they hang up their boots. They were superstars at some stage but not any longer. We need a real change in our midfield if we want to march on in CL this season. Galliani mf still believes we need a striker. For fuk sake use Verdi as our 4th striker and maybe use that money to buy someone in the midfield.
And on Merkel, good to see him being used but wtf Pirlo, Seedorf, Dhino etc. wouldnt mind losing d ball but just not pass it to the young lad. He needs to be used more and i really hope Allegri uses his head.
I am glad we ve done okay in the first half of the season but am still not very impressed with our performances. Domestically we are okay but in Europe we dont seem to b that Champion team any more.
kastriot
09-12-2010, 09:06
Last night s game was crap. It was not disappointing only bcoz we lost but also bcoz of d way v played. Our approach was not right. We had most of our first team players except for in d defense and we played so pathetically against a talented and fit Ajax. At some point it gets so irritating when u c Seedorf and Dinho just running around aimlessly. And these guys have not played a lot recently either. Their time is up and it would good for 'em and Milan if they hang up their boots. They were superstars at some stage but not any longer. We need a real change in our midfield if we want to march on in CL this season. Galliani mf still believes we need a striker. For fuk sake use Verdi as our 4th striker and maybe use that money to buy someone in the midfield.
And on Merkel, good to see him being used but wtf Pirlo, Seedorf, Dhino etc. wouldnt mind losing d ball but just not pass it to the young lad. He needs to be used more and i really hope Allegri uses his head.
I am glad we ve done okay in the first half of the season but am still not very impressed with our performances. Domestically we are okay but in Europe we dont seem to b that Champion team any more.
The good thing about CL is that we have been so terrible than we can only get better IMO.
We went through only because we beat Auxere twice and they beat Ajax.
THANK you Auxere
Warro Bantan
09-12-2010, 10:26
So, we lose the game, (a dead rubber fixture that didnt matter anyway), and lose Flamini and Silva as well....and for WHAT?
Allegri might have us at the top of the table, but Im sure that my grandmother could do the same with the squad he has at his disposal.
Its ridiculous that we have lost two very important players at a time when we should be looking to consolidate our lead at the top of the table.
While we have Yepes, he is no Silva, and believe me, I now have little hope that we will get all 6 points in the bag by the winter break.
Sigh. What a joke this coach is....
:wow: WOW, 2-0 defeat against Ajax AT home WITH a first team + loss of tow key players??. Thank God, I couldn't wake up last night for the game, otherwise it would have efforts for nothing. I guess no one is downloading this game :haha: :devf:
You can hate this guy as much as you like there are some facts:
Abate has grown miles with him
Ambrosini and Gatuso are much better than in last two years
Flamini has reached the level he was nowhere near before.
Robinho is looking more professional and committed to this team than he was to any other.
And still guys you pis* on him all the time for god knows why.
This man knows how to make players better, also he made the right changes in the team when those were needed. He lost an unimportant match against Ajax, and the mob wants to burn the witch right away.
Elmago99
09-12-2010, 21:50
You can hate this guy as much as you like there are some facts:
Abate has grown miles with him
Ambrosini and Gatuso are much better than in last two years
Flamini has reached the level he was nowhere near before.
Robinho is looking more professional and committed to this team than he was to any other.
And still guys you pis* on him all the time for god knows why.
This man knows how to make players better, also he made the right changes in the team when those were needed. He lost an unimportant match against Ajax, and the mob wants to burn the witch right away.
I don't care about the loss vs. Ajax at all. I would have started all youngster's, and rested the starters so we can close out 2010 STRONG in Serie A, and hopefully, injury free.
I don't like that he changed formation and had Pirlo as CDM. I don't like his use of subs, and I listed some other points in previous posts. Flamini and Gattuso are playing well, no doubt, but last year, the team was weak, and we fielded Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso a lot in a 3 man midfield. We actually did that a couple of times this year in the beginning and got burned!!!! He learned from that mistake, and thanks to Inter sucking, Allegri got away with all of his mistakes....
I don't like some things about Allegri, I don't see him as strong spirited. He looked lost the first 2 months of the season, but it's certainly been better recently. But, I will judge him in June as all should.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.