PDA

View Full Version : When things are good...it's all good


honsano
27-11-2010, 12:56
Did anyone here of Maldini's recent interview remarks about Gourcuff?

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201011/110375.php


-------------------
Former Milan star Paolo Maldini has launched a scathing critique of why Yoann Gourcuff’s move to Italy failed, citing a poor attitude on the young Frenchman’s part.

Gourcuff moved to the Rossoneri from Stade Rennais in 2006 but lasted only a couple of seasons in Italy before retreating to Girondins de Bordeaux first on loan and then on a permanent basis. Now with Olympique Lyonnais, the 24-year-old is in the midst of a difficult campaign and he will face further questions after Maldini’s assessment of his time in Serie A.

“Gourcuff in Milan was wrong 100 per cent,” he revealed to L’Equipe. “His problem here was his behaviour. He did not show an intelligent way to manage himself. When he played here, he did not want to make himself available to the squad.

“He did not start studying Italian immediately. He did not work. He was not always on time. It happened a lot. [There are] things he cannot tell. But he knows what he did.”

Even on the park, Maldini was not impressed. “When he came into the game, he did not give himself fully,” the former defender stated. “Less talented players have earned the respect of Milan because they gave everything. Him, he did not. And he knows it. After a while he became foreign to the group.”

------------------

I guess all that talk about us making a big mistake were wrong. I just wonder why captain waited so long to say this and NOT while Milan were in 'crisis'?

Tony75
28-11-2010, 10:41
Did anyone here of Maldini's recent interview remarks about Gourcuff?

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201011/110375.php


-------------------
Former Milan star Paolo Maldini has launched a scathing critique of why Yoann Gourcuff’s move to Italy failed, citing a poor attitude on the young Frenchman’s part.

Gourcuff moved to the Rossoneri from Stade Rennais in 2006 but lasted only a couple of seasons in Italy before retreating to Girondins de Bordeaux first on loan and then on a permanent basis. Now with Olympique Lyonnais, the 24-year-old is in the midst of a difficult campaign and he will face further questions after Maldini’s assessment of his time in Serie A.

“Gourcuff in Milan was wrong 100 per cent,” he revealed to L’Equipe. “His problem here was his behaviour. He did not show an intelligent way to manage himself. When he played here, he did not want to make himself available to the squad.

“He did not start studying Italian immediately. He did not work. He was not always on time. It happened a lot. [There are] things he cannot tell. But he knows what he did.”
Even on the park, Maldini was not impressed. “When he came into the game, he did not give himself fully,” the former defender stated. “Less talented players have earned the respect of Milan because they gave everything. Him, he did not. And he knows it. After a while he became foreign to the group.”

------------------

I guess all that talk about us making a big mistake were wrong. I just wonder why captain waited so long to say this and NOT while Milan were in 'crisis'?

Was this the alleged incident with Davide Ancelotti?

ACMILAN1983
29-11-2010, 04:38
Was this the alleged incident with Davide Ancelotti?

what's the alleged incident?

idowu
29-11-2010, 11:49
let's know the alleged buddy

Tony75
29-11-2010, 14:31
what's the alleged incident?

The rumour doing the run from a few years back was that he assaulted Davide in a sexual manner.

Jeff
30-11-2010, 03:09
This explains.

GeoTav
30-11-2010, 10:59
While in Italy, nobody cares about this story and what said Maldini about Gourcuff, in France, it has become a real scandal ...

Everyday, you can hear or read something about this story, people defending Gourcuff vs (few) people saying that Gourcuff is maybe not the perfect guy that French medias "sell".

Both Ancelotti and Maldini criticized the Gourcuff of Milan (Maldini didn't criticize the Gourcuff of nowadays, he criticized the Gourcuff who was in Milan, it's what French medias don't seem to understand), one did it in his book, the other did it because questions about Gourcuff were asked to him (it's not like if Maldini thought about Gourcuff everyday and waited the right day to criticize him :D) ...

That means what that means, these two legends are not known as liars, they are not people criticizing everything or everyone for pleasure, they just gave a reason why the story between Gourcuff and Milan wasn't a success ...

Reza
30-11-2010, 11:49
First time I hear about this alleged thing. I am not judging or anything but sounds too much like tabloid stuff.
As far as talent goes he has it. Whether he is making mistakes or doing worse stuff is for him to correct, he wasn't going to be part of the Milan family again no matter what anyway.

GeoTav
30-11-2010, 12:08
Never heard nor read anything about the alleged thing too ... And I couldn't find anything on Internet. It sounds a bit weird and "too much" to be real, as the guy would have been fired by the club if it had been real.

Gabriel489
01-12-2010, 03:05
U sure it was not Carlo and Davide forcing Yoann to bend over like Slowdorf?????

For real, where did you heard about this scandal? As I was never aware of it and by the looks of it, not a lot of people heard about it.

Personally, I think this article is over blown, as like Geo said, I doubt Cap sits around all day and wonders what went wrong with Gourcuff or any other players that once played for Milan. I think someone probably asked Cap why he thinks some of the younger players failed in Milan and Cap just used Gourcuff as an example. If anything, Gourcuff should be honor that Cap thinks of him. BTW, I am a huge Gourcuff fan but I just don't see why this is a big deal.

GeoTav
01-12-2010, 05:47
Personally, I think this article is over blown, as like Geo said, I doubt Cap sits around all day and wonders what went wrong with Gourcuff or any other players that once played for Milan. I think someone probably asked Cap why he thinks some of the younger players failed in Milan and Cap just used Gourcuff as an example. If anything, Gourcuff should be honor that Cap thinks of him. BTW, I am a huge Gourcuff fan but I just don't see why this is a big deal.

Well, in France, it's a big deal because medias sell an image of Gourcuff who is totally different compared to what said Maldini.

His image since he came back in France is the perfect boy, the "ideal gender" (don't know if that means something in English, you know, the boy that all the mothers want for their daughter) ... The guy is good looking (he's not Ribéry :D), looks quiet, is talented, has got some education, is able to speak in a correct French, and they all say he is one of the most professional French players (which Maldini denied by saying these things about him in Milan).

People believing this image forget that Gourcuff could have gone in jail just before signing in Milan (for a fight in a nightclub when he was in Rennes) for example.

And some people start to think that the guy isn't as perfect as the medias say by thinking about the way he left Rennes and Bordeaux (last days of the mercato), by thinking again about what happened in South Africa (Gourcuff was the nice boy of the story, the "victim", regarding medias, but some start to think he was maybe responsible too for the bad situation between him and Ribéry/other stupid French players), ...

In France, medias love to create icons, heroes, and burn them some years later ... so they can't accept that this new hero (and in football, there is no other "hero" in France, maybe Nasri is going to be one but only thanks to his performances in Arsenal and with the French NT, which I have to say suprise me as I never rated him as highly as most of the people and he is making me wrong) is already burned by some medias from another country, and more especially from Italy !!

Gabriel489
01-12-2010, 11:29
I see the point by making Gourcuff the poster boy. After all, he is close to perfect from a marketing stand point. Most importantly, he did not sleep with a minor. In a way, I think he has the potential to be the Beckham of France. Point I am trying to make is that, I really don't think Cap wants to dis Gourcuff as I never read anything about him saying bad thing about Milan. At least thats what I read, am I right Geo.

GeoTav
01-12-2010, 11:45
I see the point by making Gourcuff the poster boy. After all, he is close to perfect from a marketing stand point. Most importantly, he did not sleep with a minor. In a way, I think he has the potential to be the Beckham of France. Point I am trying to make is that, I really don't think Cap wants to dis Gourcuff as I never read anything about him saying bad thing about Milan. At least thats what I read, am I right Geo.

If I'm not wrong, some journalist directly asked to Maldini why Gourcuff didn't succeed in Milan whereas he is now a good player (not more, he's no more outstanding, and actually, he even lost his sport as an AM in the French NT, Nasri took it, Gourcuff is now more a kind of CM like Fabregas, running all the time, technically good and able to make good passes and score).

I think you're right, it's exactly that actually, French medias want their "French Beckham", their football player who is also a famous star, and not only a football player who is known for his football performances.

Anyway, about Gourcuff and football, the one of Bordeaux 2008-2009 would have been very useful in Milan, he would have been a starter for sure (in most of the big clubs). The one of Bordeaux 2009-2010 would have lost his spot in any big club and would have sit all the time on the bench, but not in Bordeaux as there was no other player able to replace him in that team. The one of nowadays would be on the bench in Milan nowadays, and would come in when Seedorf or one of the CM is tired.

So actually, more than all the personal things that can be said by medias or other players, useless things I think, Gourcuff has been so far:

[...]
2005-2006 - good (promising player)
2006-2007 - average (promising player in Milan anyway)
2007-2008 - bad (promising player for medias, no more for the club)
2008-2009 - great (a star player for medias, a promising player for most clubs)
2009-2010 - average/bad
2010-... - average/good so far

As you can see, the guy is not an established WC player and will probably never be. He's still a promising player, but after all these years, he should no more be promising and should already be an established starter in a big club. So there is definitely something wrong.

PS: It's a problem that most of the young French players have, there are and have been a lot of promising players, but they keep being promising, they don't turn into great players.

Gabriel489
01-12-2010, 22:00
I just Gourcuff is tired from playing all the time. But frankly, he has not been playing well since that first year at Bordeaux. I still believe it was not a fluke and he is someone to watch out for in this generation. Having said that, I still doubt he could ever challenge guys like Messi, or CR7 as one the top players in the world.

Sconsiderello
10-12-2010, 06:19
Gourcouff seemed to be a promise of high level football, but now he reveals as he really is... He's a normal player with good skills and bad head.

And Maldini is always right.

ZvonimirBoban
12-12-2010, 13:01
And Maldini is always right.

Very well said. When Il Capitano said so, so that's it.

And Geo, I'm just curious but what club do you support in France?

GeoTav
13-12-2010, 11:01
Very well said. When Il Capitano said so, so that's it.

And Geo, I'm just curious but what club do you support in France?

There is no high level football in France ... :D
I don't support any club in France nor anywhere in the world, just Milan.

sikander
01-01-2011, 03:53
Yes i always agreed with maldini . Gourcoff is a god player too.

meazza
10-01-2011, 04:46
Gourcuff is the Gasquet of french football from the sounds of it.

there are few players whose opinion I would swallow wholesale, but maldini is one of the few.