PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo In Inter?


jovola
21-12-2010, 14:05
I've just read along the Cassano news that there is a possibility of Leonardo taking Inter seat.

Does anyone know anything about this. To tell the truth I wouldn't like him doing this but on the other hand, we don't know under what circumstances he parted with AC.

Is he angry with us for some reason or this is purely professional. I would hate him if he did this for professional reasons. Only revenge would be plausible reason from my point of view.

Here is the link

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2010/12/21/2271682/antonio-cassano-will-not-cause-any-problems-at-ac-milan-luca

Xudong
21-12-2010, 14:13
If he went to Inter, it would be weird, but I guess that happens. Of course he (and Merda) would never get one ounce of my support, but I understand if that happened and wouldn't be mad with him.

Reza
21-12-2010, 14:23
I am still a fan of his but of course I would never support Inter

Xudong
21-12-2010, 14:34
I am still a fan of his but of course I would never support Inter

now, out of sheer curiosity, how would that work? :D

I remember when Gullit moved to Sampdoria in 1993, and before they played Milan, some Milan fans wished that Gullit would score a brace while Milan still won 3-2 (of course it didn't work out like that, Milan lost 2-3 while Gullit scored the winner), but my point is: at least it seems possible to be a fan of the player but not the team he plays, but how can one be a fan of the coach but not his team? :flirt:

Just curious. :mex:

Reza
21-12-2010, 14:37
now, out of sheer curiosity, how would that work? :D

I remember when Gullit moved to Sampdoria in 1993, and before they played Milan, some Milan fans wished that Gullit would score a brace while Milan still won 3-2 (of course it didn't work out like that, Milan lost 2-3 while Gullit scored the winner), but my point is: at least it seems possible to be a fan of the player but not the team he plays, but how can one be a fan of the coach but not his team? :flirt:

Just curious. :mex:


He wins the coach of the year award :d6: :grinser:

Xudong
21-12-2010, 14:41
He wins the coach of the year award :d6: :grinser:

that's a good one. :1five:

ACMILAN1983
21-12-2010, 14:53
I doubt Leonardo has much affection for Milan, or rather for Berlu I should say. He parted after disagreements between the two and that almost never means that they parted on good terms.

It's a shame if he goes to Inter, but it's his choice and I continue support Milan as always.

Xudong
21-12-2010, 15:10
I doubt Leonardo has much affection for Milan, or rather for Berlu I should say. He parted after disagreements between the two and that almost never means that they parted on good terms.It's a shame if he goes to Inter, but it's his choice and I continue support Milan as always.

and it surely didn't help when Berlusconi openly criticized Leonardo several times afterwards. :hammer::stupid:

OCmilano
21-12-2010, 16:12
Allegri>Leo. Come on guys this would be a gift to us. Leo will probably drop them to relegation.

Filipéz 182
21-12-2010, 16:45
I would hate to see leo at Inter. I liked him so much as a player, as a director and even as a coach. also as a man, too bad he isnt our director + talent scout anymore.
If he will be inter's coach he will ask for the best buys from brazil, leo has an eye for talent.

Filipéz 182
21-12-2010, 16:57
BREAKING NEWS: Inter Sack Coach Rafael Benitez - Report

Buju
21-12-2010, 17:04
It is funny that Inter should attempt to sign Kaka and now Leonardo.
Actually now if they have Leo they have more pulling power on Kaka.

This is just all revenge for the Zlatan signing. But I think they will fall on their faces because whilst Leo is a good scout. But not a good manager.

Xudong
21-12-2010, 17:13
Allegri>Leo. Come on guys this would be a gift to us. Leo will probably drop them to relegation.

I know, but Leo is a smart man and surely will learn fast. Given a few years, he may be good. We never know.

but still lol at your idea. :ilol:

Xudong
21-12-2010, 17:15
It is funny that Inter should attempt to sign Kaka and now Leonardo.
Actually now if they have Leo they have more pulling power on Kaka.

This is just all revenge for the Zlatan signing. But I think they will fall on their faces because whilst Leo is a good scout. But not a good manager.

not sure how true/serious that kaka rumor was, but they did try to contact T. Silva before we. ;)

Xudong
21-12-2010, 17:16
BREAKING NEWS: Inter Sack Coach Rafael Benitez - Report

really? oh it sucks. :D

Gabriel489
22-12-2010, 03:32
If Leo is Inter coach comes Jan. Beware of Inter. Although I know RB is crap but the real problem why Inter is crap so far is mainly due to injuries to key players instead of RB's mismanagement. Comes Jan., they will be a better team due to players coming back from injury and if Leo is the coach, they will only get better as they have players that fits well with Leo's formation.

Filipéz 182
22-12-2010, 06:26
Inter is still a challenger for the scudetto if benitez leaves. I hope he stays :D
they have got a FANTASTIC squad!!

J.Cesar
Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-J.Zanetti
Cambiasso-T.Motta-Stankovic
Sneijder
Eto'o-Milito

IMO one of the best lineups in europe. better than ours TBH.
+ a very good bench : Chivu, cordoba, Santon, Mariga, Muntari, Coutinho, Pandev + some very good youngsters.

I cannot believe rafa benitez ****ed up like that!

kastriot
22-12-2010, 08:36
it seems day by day the rumors about Leo taking over at Inter are getting stronger...

To Me seeing Leo manage Inter is the same as seeing Maldini or Baresi taking over (it actually bothers me that their assistant coach is named Baresi :D)

I still don`t believe that Leo will accept, but if he does than we can only thank Berlu for that. Why was Leo treated in that way is beyond me, especially after he left.

It is sad too see two of our most loyal players(maldini and leo) getting distanced from the the team, or more exactly from this management,and one of them coaching Inter :S.

Sputnik
22-12-2010, 14:48
it seems day by day the rumors about Leo taking over at Inter are getting stronger...

To Me seeing Leo manage Inter is the same as seeing Maldini or Baresi taking over (it actually bothers me that their assistant coach is named Baresi :D)

I still don`t believe that Leo will accept, but if he does than we can only thank Berlu for that. Why was Leo treated in that way is beyond me, especially after he left.

It is sad too see two of our most loyal players(maldini and leo) getting distanced from the the team, or more exactly from this management,and one of them coaching Inter :S.

I agree. It will be a bit sad to see Leo coaching Inter. Maybe i am the last person on this planet to say something good about our president but i don't think it's Berlu's fault if that happens. I mean, maybe i am wrong on this one, but i remember Leo stating that if he stops being the Milan coach he will not continue working with the team anymore. And it's not like Fester put a gun in his head and said listen kiddo you re replacing Rafa right about now.

Don't get me wrong, i like Leo and most probably i always will. But now that it is almost official, well people do make choices...

ACMILAN1983
23-12-2010, 04:27
it seems day by day the rumors about Leo taking over at Inter are getting stronger...

To Me seeing Leo manage Inter is the same as seeing Maldini or Baresi taking over (it actually bothers me that their assistant coach is named Baresi :D)

I still don`t believe that Leo will accept, but if he does than we can only thank Berlu for that. Why was Leo treated in that way is beyond me, especially after he left.

It is sad too see two of our most loyal players(maldini and leo) getting distanced from the the team, or more exactly from this management,and one of them coaching Inter :S.

Giusseppe Baresi (Franco's brother) is coaching in Inter and has no connection to Milan. As far as I know, no one related to Milan is coaching at Inter (maybe Leo soon, but for now it's still nothing but rumours).

About Maldini, I don't think he has distanced himself from the club as such. He seems to come to every match in the San Siro and is pretty much granted pitchside seats (I'm sure the management play a part in this). I do think he'll return to the club again, but is probably taking a break from football right now.

I do think Milan have a very good rapport with ex-players. A large number of ex-players have jobs within the club, while other ex-players have a very good relationship with the club, despite moving on.

What I find is many ex-players still support the club, so the management may not be perfect, but they do many good things.

Gabriel489
23-12-2010, 04:52
I don't blame Leo one bit if he manages Inter after RB as it shows that he is smart enough to get a coaching job in another top teams in Europe. Or would I blame Berlu and others for forcing Leo out. I am pretty sure there are tons of backdoor stuff that we as fans do not know about. No point making judgment.

mzk57
23-12-2010, 09:34
Leonardo turned into a villain last season. So it won't surprise me if he joins Inter. Infect I would be glad to see that Huntelaar-hater join Inter :pp20: so that AC Milan could teach him some lesson on the field, because we all know what a pathetic coach he really is & Rafa is better than him

Filipéz 182
23-12-2010, 09:52
Leonardo turned into a villain last season. So it won't surprise me if he joins Inter. Infect I would be glad to see that Huntelaar-hater join Inter :pp20: so that AC Milan could teach him some lesson on the field, because we all know what a pathetic coach he really is & Rafa is better than him

these are your words. dont drag us into your crap.

fLame
23-12-2010, 15:06
Leonardo turned into a villain last season. So it won't surprise me if he joins Inter. Infect I would be glad to see that Huntelaar-hater join Inter :pp20: so that AC Milan could teach him some lesson on the field, because we all know what a pathetic coach he really is & Rafa is better than him

we desperately need a :facepalm: smiley on this forum... :stupid:

ZvonimirBoban
23-12-2010, 22:20
Leonardo turned into a villain last season. So it won't surprise me if he joins Inter. Infect I would be glad to see that Huntelaar-hater join Inter :pp20: so that AC Milan could teach him some lesson on the field, because we all know what a pathetic coach he really is & Rafa is better than him

Ha ha ha. Definitely need a :facepalm: for this.

But for sure, I won't mind if Leo joins them. Maybe we can thrash them 4-0 so he will be the first coach to lose 4-0 two times in Derby della Madoninna. And I'm sure I will enjoy bashing him as I enjoy bashing every Merda coach.

I love Leo as our player, scout, and manager, but Milan is bigger than any single person, be it Leo or Huntelaar.

Elmago99
23-12-2010, 22:29
Ha ha ha. Definitely need a :facepalm: for this.

But for sure, I won't mind if Leo joins them. Maybe we can thrash them 4-0 so he will be the first coach to lose 4-0 two times in Derby della Madoninna. And I'm sure I will enjoy bashing him as I enjoy bashing every Merda coach.

I love Leo as our player, scout, and manager, but Milan is bigger than any single person, be it Leo or Huntelaar.

well said... i hope we thrash Inter in the next derby.. and if we're up by 2-3 goals.. go to a full out 4-2-3-1 with Cassano, Pato, Ibra, and Robinho all playing at once, attacking and scoring 4 more times ....

My feelings have nothing to do with embarrassing Leonardo, I want Milan to embarrass Merda..end of story.

bijon
24-12-2010, 02:30
this is ludicrous, why would Inter sign an amateur coach like Leonardo. If they do, it will work in our favor.

GeoTav
24-12-2010, 06:19
this is ludicrous, why would Inter sign an amateur coach like Leonardo. If they do, it will work in our favor.

You know what I think about all that ?
Inter is the jealous brother/cousin of Milan, like we took Ibra, one of their best "toys" in the last few years, they try to take their revenge in a childish way by taking two of our most (known as) loyal persons, Leonardo and Kaka'.

Anyway, more seriously, while I can't blame Leo for taking a job in another big club in Europe, the fact that this big club is Inter and after what he said when he left, as soon as he will officially be the Inter coach, I won't have any respect for him, as he will be the Inter coach and as a consequence, a coach to hate, bash and make fun of !! I have defended our last 3 coaches even in the worst moments (Ancelotti at the end, Leo at the start, Allegri at the start), I have no doubt that I will bash Leo as I have bashed all the coaches of Inter before ...

As it seems he will sign today, I wish him a happy Christmas and a lot of failures in this club !! :)

PS: when you say you're in love with Milan, there is simply one club you can't join, it's Inter, he could have gone to Juventus or Roma or any other Italian club, it would have been ok, but Inter, that's not ok, our Leo is dead to me, unless it's a big plan of Berlu ... they mutually cleared the contract of Leo last year to send him in Inter in a near future (they maybe knew that the coach after Mourinho wouldn't stay for too long), just before a mercato, and his goal is going to destroy the team and the club and then come back as a scout or manager, along Galliani (not coach), in Milan ...

kastriot
24-12-2010, 06:32
You know what I think about all that ?
Inter is the jealous brother/cousin of Milan, like we took Ibra, one of their best "toys" in the last few years, they try to take their revenge in a childish way by taking two of our most (known as) loyal persons, Leonardo and Kaka'.

Anyway, more seriously, while I can't blame Leo for taking a job in another big club in Europe, the fact that this big club is Inter and after what he said when he left, as soon as he will officially be the Inter coach, I won't have any respect for him, as he will be the Inter coach and as a consequence, a coach to hate, bash and make fun of !! I have defended our last 3 coaches even in the worst moments (Ancelotti at the end, Leo at the start, Allegri at the start), I have no doubt that I will bash Leo as I have bashed all the coaches of Inter before ...

As it seems he will sign today, I wish him a happy Christmas and a lot of failures in this club !! :)

PS: when you say you're in love with Milan, there is simply one club you can't join, it's Inter, he could have gone to Juventus or Roma or any other Italian club, it would have been ok, but Inter, that's not ok, our Leo is dead to me, unless it's a big plan of Berlu ... they mutually cleared the contract of Leo last year to send him in Inter in a near future (they maybe knew that the coach after Mourinho wouldn't stay for too long), just before a mercato, and his goal is going to destroy the team and the club and then come back as a scout or manager, along Galliani (not coach), in Milan ...


Hmmm nice one..send me a bag of what your smoking :uhm:
:D

shegs
24-12-2010, 08:30
But seriously, it's not that far-fetched; A Milan spy (Leo) replaces another Milan spy (Rafa) at Merda. Maybe Don Silvio knows what he's doing after all.

totti_jonaid
24-12-2010, 08:42
I do think Milan have a very good rapport with ex-players. A large number of ex-players have jobs within the club, while other ex-players have a very good relationship with the club, despite moving on.

What I find is many ex-players still support the club, so the management may not be perfect, but they do many good things.

Totally agreed. Ibrahim Ba is a prime example of good relationship.

As for Leo, I cannot see him or Kaka joining Inter (Maybe I am being optimistic). Both these guys love the Rossoneri a little to much for Inter's liking. But then again you never know its Football and anything can happen. In that case like I always say "no individual is bigger then the team" be it Kaka, Leo or anyone else.

By the way check the URL below:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/12/23/2275152/walter-zenga-moves-closer-to-inter-coaching-position-after-being-

GeoTav
24-12-2010, 08:53
Totally agreed. Ibrahim Ba is a prime example of good relationship.

As for Leo, I cannot see him or Kaka joining Inter (Maybe I am being optimistic). Both these guys love the Rossoneri a little to much for Inter's liking. But then again you never know its Football and anything can happen. In that case like I always say "no individual is bigger then the team" be it Kaka, Leo or anyone else.

By the way check the URL below:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/12/23/2275152/walter-zenga-moves-closer-to-inter-coaching-position-after-being-

In Italy, there are reports saying that Zenga was fired by his club, he didn't ask to leave ... so it would just be a "coincidence", there would be no link between Benitez being fired by Inter and Zenga leaving his club.

There are more and more reports about Leonardo signing today or on the 26th of December for Inter, and there is something showing that Leonardo could really be their choice: the players themselves started to talk about him in the press.

ZvonimirBoban
24-12-2010, 09:17
But seriously, it's not that far-fetched; A Milan spy (Leo) replaces another Milan spy (Rafa) at Merda. Maybe Don Silvio knows what he's doing after all.

I second this. For long I stick to my opinion that Berlu paid full Rafa's wages to Moratti to keep him in charge of Inter. When Berlu wants to stop paying his wages to get Cassano (or maybe someone else) in this winter, Moratti also don't want to pay for such a horrible coach, so he gets sacked instead.

Siregar
24-12-2010, 09:53
You know what I think about all that ?
Inter is the jealous brother/cousin of Milan, like we took Ibra, one of their best "toys" in the last few years, they try to take their revenge in a childish way by taking two of our most (known as) loyal persons, Leonardo and Kaka'.

Anyway, more seriously, while I can't blame Leo for taking a job in another big club in Europe, the fact that this big club is Inter and after what he said when he left, as soon as he will officially be the Inter coach, I won't have any respect for him, as he will be the Inter coach and as a consequence, a coach to hate, bash and make fun of !! I have defended our last 3 coaches even in the worst moments (Ancelotti at the end, Leo at the start, Allegri at the start), I have no doubt that I will bash Leo as I have bashed all the coaches of Inter before ...

As it seems he will sign today, I wish him a happy Christmas and a lot of failures in this club !! :)

PS: when you say you're in love with Milan, there is simply one club you can't join, it's Inter, he could have gone to Juventus or Roma or any other Italian club, it would have been ok, but Inter, that's not ok, our Leo is dead to me, unless it's a big plan of Berlu ... they mutually cleared the contract of Leo last year to send him in Inter in a near future (they maybe knew that the coach after Mourinho wouldn't stay for too long), just before a mercato, and his goal is going to destroy the team and the club and then come back as a scout or manager, along Galliani (not coach), in Milan ...

I am second to this opinion. Leonardo is not only our former coach but also player and loyal Milan staff. Seeing him coaching Inter is unacceptable for me as fans. If he does it, it is his choice but as Geo said, if he is there as coach, he will be inter-looser and no respect will be shown towards him.

Until now I have big respect towards Leonardo.

Reza
24-12-2010, 13:27
Well, if it wasn't already it's pretty much official

On the official Inter site Moratti say announcement after Christmas but there is a picture of Leo

Filipéz 182
24-12-2010, 13:35
its official now. Fckin crap!!
One of my heroes :( he can go **** himself! I wish him al the worst.

Xudong
24-12-2010, 13:48
yep, it is officially official now. oh well, it happens.

kastriot
24-12-2010, 13:51
SAD SAD DAY :s

Filipéz 182
24-12-2010, 14:07
can you please remove your leonardo avatar kastriot? :)

Karim
24-12-2010, 14:23
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=35398&L=en

It will be interesting to see him coach his former rivals now, and his second coaching stint being in another big club. Very interesting given that we already tried a young coach but failed on a continental stage in Mancio, now I hope the best for Leo

jovola
24-12-2010, 14:32
I don't understand him. Is he trying to prove something to Silvio.

First he won't be able to, as he and the team he is taking, have no capacity to do well this season nor the next.

Whether he wants to admit or not Leo still has much to learn, and big clubs are no place to do so. I am sure he will have no success with merda.

Taking smaller club in development is what he should have done, this is his suicide and I just can't be sympathetic with this guy now, no matter what happened between him and the AC bosses.

OCmilano
24-12-2010, 15:01
GL to Leo. I hope the best he ever does is get second place as coach. If Berlu treated me that way too I would do the same thing. Payback is a *****.

Now lets see what Leo can do when he has the players he needs.

Xudong
24-12-2010, 15:09
can you please remove your leonardo avatar kastriot? :)

same request here. :5hoest:

Xudong
24-12-2010, 15:13
GL to Leo. I hope the best he ever does is get second place as coach. If Berlu treated me that way too I would do the same thing. Payback is a *****.

Now lets see what Leo can do when he has the players he needs.

I won't wish him any good luck as long as he is with Merda. I hope that he will lead Merda to relegation, if that's at all possible. :hammer::5schal::5schal:
:3band::3band::3band::3band::3band::3band::3band:

MilanMikey
24-12-2010, 15:16
idc what anyone sais TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR w.e we're going to regain our spot as best team in the world and merda will be wishing they could be at our level once again.. how things should be:)

Xudong
24-12-2010, 15:33
what slightly worries me is that (I read from an Inter Merda forum) Leonardo will be coach for 6 months and then move on to the director's position.

This is the link that was quoted in that particular thread. I don't understand Italian, but I am sure that people who do can tell if indeed it tells that story.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=34775

Reza
24-12-2010, 17:09
Someone on twitter did this poll

"Who is the biggest villain since the beginning of time?"

and one of the answers is Leo :rolleyes: This is way way too much...

Lebanese
24-12-2010, 17:12
Listen I like Leonardo and I really wish him a good luck, but don't act like Milan will never be the same because he signed for inter, this is part of the game and time will tell.
And about your fear regarding Brazilians, as if we are buying those guys for nothing or almost free because we had Leonardo back then.

edysupriadi
24-12-2010, 17:45
IF he's given full authority to bring new players, then there goes the likes of jucilei,ganso,etc. That's what worries me. Other than that, like some of you mentioned, no individual > Milan, I will show no mercy when we take on merda :)

Forzs Milan!

Christian
24-12-2010, 19:05
Didn't expect this from Leo. He's been at Milan for 12 years, he may have fallen out with Berlusconi, but can't believe he can do this to the fans. He always had a great relationship with them, and they (The guys in Milan) showed him alot of affection especially in his time in charge.

He was really one of my favorite Milan players, and I really liked him as a coach to, but can't believe he did this. This is simply a lack of respect, especially since he's been at Milan for so long.

kawiki
24-12-2010, 19:30
is there any chance, even the slightest chance in the world, that Leo is in merda to give us Davide Santon?

Anyway, I wish him all the worst at merda

Elmago99
24-12-2010, 19:56
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/it...ach-until-2012
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=41614

Official: Inter Milan appoint Leonardo as their coach; Contract January 2011-June 2012

Leonardo spiteful of Berlusconi .....

Xudong
24-12-2010, 21:29
is there any chance, even the slightest chance in the world, that Leo is in merda to give us Davide Santon?


talk about positive thinking. :noevil2: :coffee:

Xudong
24-12-2010, 21:33
Leonardo even said that he wanted Milan fans to have a merry Christmas sohe refused to answer any questions before Christmas, which was why Gazzetta speculated that it should be a done deal but the official announcement should be expected until December 26 or 27. And now this. :rolleyes:

I guess either inter.it or Leonardo must hate Milan (and its fans) very much. :rolleyes:

ZvonimirBoban
24-12-2010, 21:57
Can't wait for next derby.

Gabriel489
25-12-2010, 00:06
Don't know why you guys are hating Leo for this. It is a very good offer esp to someone who is unemployed. To those who said that he should work for a smaller club.... there is no turning back after you coach and manage clubs like Milan. It is like driving a Lambo for a year and then suddenly driving a 20yrs old Toyota. You can all hate him or call him a traitor.... but to me he just accepted a great offer. There might be a part of him that wants revenge on Berlu, but to me this is pure business, beside, he does has a family to feed.
Only hate someone if he has two offers and chooses Inter over Milan.

kawiki
25-12-2010, 00:09
talk about positive thinking. :noevil2: :coffee:

what else could I think of, other than bad stuff? :55angel:

ZvonimirBoban
25-12-2010, 00:43
It's his right to accept the offer, and it's our right to hate him, he's Merda coach after all, no matter whether he was ex-Millan or not. I will bash and show my hatred against all Merda coach except the ones that bring them to destruction (Rafa for example, I totally love this guy).

Brasileiro
25-12-2010, 01:26
Wow!! Sad news... I wish Leo luck(not against us) and a huge defeat at the Derby. 4 x 0 would be great!!!

Thats said, maybe I´m being corporatist(as someone who lived in the football environment), but after years of services at Milan(as a player, director, scout and coach) he was kicked out of the Club like a garbage bag and said nothing but great words about the Club. At least in all the interviews that I saw here... Even after the cheap shots that our strange owner launched at him.

Look, If he was a player leaving us for Inter, I could understand the fuss, but the guy now is a coach, for God sake!! It´s not like he left us adrift and took a job at Inter, he was Humiliated and sacked by Milan. Now, to be a coach is the profession he chose and the guy has the right to accept any job imo.

If it was the Leonardo player leaving Milan for Inter, I could understand the fuss... but as a coach?!? And after all the abuse he received from Milan?!?! I know I´m alone here, but I really don´t agree with this overreaction:dontkn:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED:
Don't know why you guys are hating Leo for this. It is a very good offer esp to someone who is unemployed. To those who said that he should work for a smaller club.... there is no turning back after you coach and manage clubs like Milan. It is like driving a Lambo for a year and then suddenly driving a 20yrs old Toyota. You can all hate him or call him a traitor.... but to me he just accepted a great offer. There might be a part of him that wants revenge on Berlu, but to me this is pure business, beside, he does has a family to feed.
Only hate someone if he has two offers and chooses Inter over Milan.
Couldn´t agree more, Gabriel. Good to know I´m not alone...

Buju
25-12-2010, 02:00
Gosh it sounds like we have lost Sacchi or Capello. This guy was and is not a coach. He is a world class scout however.

Inter's actions are sour grapes on the Ibra front and now they have an added weapon in trying to sign Kaka.

Inter's actions are just to spite us but the bigger picture is that they have signed a rookie manager. Let us not worry about them as another poster said we are bigger than anyone.

bijon
25-12-2010, 02:31
the only disadvantage of Inter getting Leo is that they will be in a better position to get the best young Brazilian talent. I rate Leo as a scout, he was the one that discovered Kaka and Pato for Milan and no doubt he will do the same at Inter. On the grand scale of things, I think they are making a big mistake...each new coach comes with a new mentality and a new philosophy to the game. What they need is constancy and refining of their winning formula instead of introducing sudden drastic changes.

I have a feeling that this is just a short term move by Inter to use Leo to lure some Brazilian talent, they will get rid of him long before the season ends. I don't expect him to succeed though, I have doubts about his ability\intelligence to use the likes of Sneider, Diego Milito and Eto optimally. As a coach he is the type that will try to create a system and adapt the players to the system, but in Inters case what is needed is a coach who adapts the system to the individual strength of the players they have.

mihan
25-12-2010, 04:43
I kind of hope what bijon said comes to truth but still wish Leo good luck, that's how you support a coach but not his team.

It won't be fun seeing Leo win a derby or scudetto with them, if that won't happen, I'd stand and applaud him at San Siro.

ZvonimirBoban
25-12-2010, 04:53
Brasileiro as I said, it's nothing to do with Leo our ex-whatever becomes a coach in Merda. It's only about somebody becomes Merda's new coach. Period. If he happens to be our ex-manager, then it's only up to us if we want to bash him because of that, but that's not the main point.

GeoTav
25-12-2010, 06:04
Don't know why you guys are hating Leo for this. It is a very good offer esp to someone who is unemployed. To those who said that he should work for a smaller club.... there is no turning back after you coach and manage clubs like Milan. It is like driving a Lambo for a year and then suddenly driving a 20yrs old Toyota. You can all hate him or call him a traitor.... but to me he just accepted a great offer. There might be a part of him that wants revenge on Berlu, but to me this is pure business, beside, he does has a family to feed.
Only hate someone if he has two offers and chooses Inter over Milan.

The bold part can't be used as a valid point: in one year in Milan, the guy had enough money to feed his family for an entire life ... And it's the same for all main leagues coaches, players, etc nowadays.

fLame
25-12-2010, 07:39
Damn it .... I thought all these rumors are a bunch of bull crap.. I haven't expected something like this from Leonardo.. I guess his trying to prove a point to Berlusconi....

ffs Berlusconi, if you didn't like him as a coach, you should have at least preserved the rapport and kept him as a scout ... ffs ffs.

Regarding Inter, I actually think this is positive thing for us. It will take Inter a couple of games to adapt to the new coach - which means more lost points. Also, Leonardo lacks experience and will surely make some mistakes that will cost them even more points.

Maybe he went to Inter to sabotage them? :D :3band:

mzk57
25-12-2010, 09:22
Hahahahah ......... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Now AC Milan can really teach that Huntelaar-Hater some lesson. It will be SOOOO enjoyable to see him on the losing side. Plus any hope of Inter beating Bayern are completely gone as well. A bigger loser than Rafa (as a coach).

tim_milan
25-12-2010, 10:46
Leo s gone. Its disappointing to know someone who has been around the club for such a long time and to have worked at so many different levels at the club to have left to Merda. But eitherways who cares. Merda are a bunch of fools to take up Leo as a coach. Its probably a ploy to just use him as a scout later on. And they just cant digest the fact that Ibra s doing so well with us. Losers.

Or maybe it could also be that Leo loves Milan so much that he wants to get into Merda and then take em to relegation..haha...i would love that.

Siregar
25-12-2010, 12:13
Leonardo Merda! Welcome to the craziest group of football, Merda Leo! Make often your comment showing that you can't directed by the club president! If you dare, make more brave comment than the comment made by Benitez "Sack me or back me". I am sure you can, Leo!!!

Leo is now officially a boxing coach! :coffee:

Lebanese
25-12-2010, 12:47
Wow!! Sad news... I wish Leo luck(not against us) and a huge defeat at the Derby. 4 x 0 would be great!!!

Thats said, maybe I´m being corporatist(as someone who lived in the football environment), but after years of services at Milan(as a player, director, scout and coach) he was kicked out of the Club like a garbage bag and said nothing but great words about the Club. At least in all the interviews that I saw here... Even after the cheap shots that our strange owner launched at him.

Look, If he was a player leaving us for Inter, I could understand the fuss, but the guy now is a coach, for God sake!! It´s not like he left us adrift and took a job at Inter, he was Humiliated and sacked by Milan. Now, to be a coach is the profession he chose and the guy has the right to accept any job imo.

If it was the Leonardo player leaving Milan for Inter, I could understand the fuss... but as a coach?!? And after all the abuse he received from Milan?!?! I know I´m alone here, but I really don´t agree with this overreaction:dontkn:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED:

Couldn´t agree more, Gabriel. Good to know I´m not alone...

buddy merry x-mas but come on, what made u think milan treated leo like a garabe bag? galliani and berlusconi said in public that they don't wish leo to leave, i mean we all know that berlusconi is a jerk but he is the owner of this club and he is the reason behind our success. no one in italy can oppose him its well known. i can totally agree with you regarding him working again, but acting like a hypocrisy is something we are not used to see from leonardo as he said last october that he wont be working in italy soon because he is still feeling for milan and stuff and look what happened he went directly to the only place where his failure is a guarantee and i can assure you he lost all his milan fans, i understand he has to work and i really don't mind him at inter because he was not a tactical genius or a master motivator he was an ok coach and he needs to coach because thats what he does but if he has 1% love in his heart for our team he would wait after x-mes to be announced (just for the fans).

now he is calling milan staff to bring them to inter. let us hope he wants ronaldinho and antonini and he can offer us something good in return

ACMILAN1983
25-12-2010, 12:53
disappointed in Leo's choice and as a Milanista it's painful. However, I respect and can understand his choice and wish him all the best.

That said, my wish for all the worst for Inter is stronger ;)

Reza
25-12-2010, 13:04
disappointed in Leo's choice and as a Milanista it's painful. However, I respect and can understand his choice and wish him all the best.

That said, my wish for all the worst for Inter is stronger ;)

:ilol:

I second what Dev said :5ok:

Gabriel489
25-12-2010, 13:14
The bold part can't be used as a valid point: in one year in Milan, the guy had enough money to feed his family for an entire life ... And it's the same for all main leagues coaches, players, etc nowadays.

Their lifestyle is different than average people, mate.

Elmago99
25-12-2010, 13:20
Their lifestyle is different than average people, mate.

he didn't take the job to feed his family.. he could feed them 10x over after his playing days, 20 x over after his scouting days, and 40x over after his 1 year coaching... he took the job because he wants to coach, and probably get back at Berlu as well...

I could care less..I'm focused only on Milan

Forza Milan:3band:

fLame
25-12-2010, 13:33
Also, I don't get all the fuss about us "losing all the Brazilian talents" since Leonardo moved over. :str:

A good scout means a lot, but reputation means much more, and nothing can change that. Milan was always the most likely destination for Brazilians in Italy, while Inter has nothing to boast.

I am sure Brazilian NT starters like Robinho, Silva, Pato, Ronni can influence a players decision much more than Leonardo. :zany:

Gabriel489
25-12-2010, 17:16
Well Ronnie is gone. I think those Brazilians talents has more to do with hidden gems than hype up players.

Nalx
25-12-2010, 18:11
Of all the tributes to Paolo the one I remember the most vividly is, ironically, the banner that the Inter fans unveiled: 'Per 20 anni nostro rivale, ma nella vita sempre leale'. For 20 years our opponent, but in life always loyal.

Damn, of all the people I could learn the meaning of respect from I learned it the best possible way from Interisti. Can you imagine that? I call them Merda all the time but for once, I think they have more class than us. By us I mean Milanisti including those a**holes present on Paolo's last game

Now, we all know how his relationship with Milan ended. I understand the disappointment, even bitterness in all of you --well, except one who seemed to take Leo's decision a bit too personally but that's okay :haha: --but this is exactly what I'll do. Leo is our opponent on the field now therefore he and his club deserve no mercy. But off the field he has my respect and gratitude, at least because of those 13 years.

sheva-gila
25-12-2010, 21:57
Of all the tributes to Paolo the one I remember the most vividly is, ironically, the banner that the Inter fans unveiled: 'Per 20 anni nostro rivale, ma nella vita sempre leale'. For 20 years our opponent, but in life always loyal.

Damn, of all the people I could learn the meaning of respect from I learned it the best possible way from Interisti. Can you imagine that? I call them Merda all the time but for once, I think they have more class than us. By us I mean Milanisti including those a**holes present on Paolo's last game

Now, we all know how his relationship with Milan ended. I understand the disappointment, even bitterness in all of you --well, except one who seemed to take Leo's decision a bit too personally but that's okay :haha: --but this is exactly what I'll do. Leo is our opponent on the field now therefore he and his club deserve no mercy. But off the field he has my respect and gratitude, at least because of those 13 years.


what?

who cares for leo as long we lead seria a and win the scudeto this year and on, this is nothing more than moratti's revenge after we got ibra also balotteli is on his way to milan, for now this revenge is helped by leo so he only has my respect for the past but there is no respect for him any more

Siregar
26-12-2010, 05:44
what?

who cares for leo as long we lead seria a and win the scudeto this year and on, this is nothing more than moratti's revenge after we got ibra also balotteli is on his way to milan, for now this revenge is helped by leo so he only has my respect for the past but there is no respect for him any more

Agree. People can use the reason of Leo's decision is professional. Ok, if he is only a coach BUT he was our player, our scout (director) and our former coach. Pirlo's move from Inter to Milan or vise versa is still logic and acceptable since the player didn't take special place on the club's fans' heart. But not like certain players or certain coaches. If professorial is to be the reason, then it is very normal that Maldini or Franco Baresi moves to Inter as player when they were reaching age of 30 after serving with Milan for more than 10 years. It is also normal to see Galliani change employer to Moratti after successful journey with Milan. IT'S NOT. Fortunately we also know there is a thing called LOYALTY existing in football world.

If Leo wants to coach, to improve his experience there were options that are not worse than Inter's one. Brasil's coach spot (if the news was true) was one of the option. English club could be also considered. But an offer just realized one day before Christmas from Inter who were fed up with what Milan did especially recent transfer, Ibra's move, just shows how Leo wants to take revenge for Milan (for Belusconi actually). All knows that Inter wants to take Kaka but they failed. Unfortunately there is a personal called Leonardo. He used his own anger towards Berlusconi (by take a revenge to him) to mock the whole Milan attributes especially Milan fans. A person like this doesn't reserve the right to get a respect from Milan fans.

No respect for Leonardo (actually the respect ended a couple of days a go :D). He did nothing to Milan. He was payed when he played, scouted and coached in Milan.

Nalx
26-12-2010, 08:05
There is this ideal world and then there's the real world we all live in. That's what I've learned from Kaka's saga who coincided with Paolo's retirement. If you want to cling to the good old days of loyalty, be my guest. But in this modern football, chances are you're gonna be disappointed most of the time.

So what can we expect from todays' players? You gave a hint: he was payed by Milan etc etc. That's professionalism. That's the minimum requirement: you give 100% while you're under contract. Anything more is just a bonus. A welcome but not obliged extra.

I've already said that on the field it's an altogether different thing but since I don't know Leo in person (and neither any of you I believe), why should I disrespect him off the field? Because he betrayed Milan? LOL. Did he signed the contract took the money then off to Inter? Oh, and did Berlu show him any respect with all those comments while Leo was still in charge? Is that how you treat someone who's been working for/with you the last 13 years?

Zlatan is another good example of professionalism. Where were you with your bleeding heart about loyalty when he scores for us this season? Isn't this the same Zlatan who's been succesfully kicking our a** with Juve and Inter? Will you still respect him when he moves to other club once his contract is over? Double standard!

Leo did what was expected of him according to the contract. In the end both parties weren't satisfied with each other and mutually consented to rescind the contract. Any kind of contractual obligation stopped right there and then. Any kind of moral obligation too stopped the days Berlu openly shared his pearl of wisdom. End of story.

kastriot
26-12-2010, 09:37
There is this ideal world and then there's the real world we all live in. That's what I've learned from Kaka's saga who coincided with Paolo's retirement. If you want to cling to the good old days of loyalty, be my guest. But in this modern football, chances are you're gonna be disappointed most of the time.

So what can we expect from todays' players? You gave a hint: he was payed by Milan etc etc. That's professionalism. That's the minimum requirement: you give 100% while you're under contract. Anything more is just a bonus. A welcome but not obliged extra.

I've already said that on the field it's an altogether different thing but since I don't know Leo in person (and neither any of you I believe), why should I disrespect him off the field? Because he betrayed Milan? LOL. Did he signed the contract took the money then off to Inter? Oh, and did Berlu show him any respect with all those comments while Leo was still in charge? Is that how you treat someone who's been working for/with you the last 13 years?

Zlatan is another good example of professionalism. Where were you with your bleeding heart about loyalty when he scores for us this season? Isn't this the same Zlatan who's been succesfully kicking our a** with Juve and Inter? Will you still respect him when he moves to other club once his contract is over? Double standard!

Leo did what was expected of him according to the contract. In the end both parties weren't satisfied with each other and mutually consented to rescind the contract. Any kind of contractual obligation stopped right there and then. Any kind of moral obligation too stopped the days Berlu openly shared his pearl of wisdom. End of story.

I wasn`t sure how I was supposed to feel after Leo signing with Inter. Bu I think Nalx summed it up for me perfectly. I agree with everything you have said.I think in these cases its hard not to be subjective, but this post is as objective as it can be.

Will he go down as one of MIlan`s most loyal individuals, most probably not. However, nobody can argue that he has been extremely influential in our later successful history,both on and off the pitch, and solely on that he has my respect for life.

I will change my avatar though. Now that Leo is gone, our future captain deserves the spot:diablo:

Karim
26-12-2010, 10:13
For the Kaka part, let me assure you there is no special urge or need for him since his position is already filled with another star and another potential in Wesley and Coutinho, but the rumors keep on going since it will be another insult to Milan but hey come on it will be a useless "waste" of money (I am using waste in another sense!!) since we already have money problems

totti_jonaid
26-12-2010, 12:52
It's sad to see Leo getting the Inter job after all his years with AC Milan. He has not committed a crime but the guy has lost his integrity at least in the Rossoneri circle.

Even if Kaka were to join Inter I would never question his integrity because he spend What? 6 years that also only as a player in Milan. But in Leo's case he has spent 14 years as player, scout, coach and management in Milan. He could have kept his integrity by signing for any other club in Italy but not Inter Leo? :2whis:

I will still admire Leo for the winning mentality and the positive and fearless attitude he brings to the game. Good Luck Leo! may you succeed as Inter's manager by not getting in the way of AC Milan and the titles. :rone:

ZvonimirBoban
26-12-2010, 13:19
Oh well, I guess no one heard my opinion here. Shame on you.

Siregar
26-12-2010, 15:07
There is this ideal world and then there's the real world we all live in. That's what I've learned from Kaka's saga who coincided with Paolo's retirement. If you want to cling to the good old days of loyalty, be my guest. But in this modern football, chances are you're gonna be disappointed most of the time.

That's true, we live in real world. There are lot of betrayers and but there is also loyal people even not many.

So what can we expect from todays' players? You gave a hint: he was payed by Milan etc etc. That's professionalism. That's the minimum requirement: you give 100% while you're under contract. Anything more is just a bonus. A welcome but not obliged extra.

Yes, that's why only special player got special treatment. Other than that, we forget them after they worked for us. Not more than that.

I've already said that on the field it's an altogether different thing but since I don't know Leo in person (and neither any of you I believe), why should I disrespect him off the field? Because he betrayed Milan? LOL. Did he signed the contract took the money then off to Inter? Oh, and did Berlu show him any respect with all those comments while Leo was still in charge? Is that how you treat someone who's been working for/with you the last 13 years?

There is no correlation between 'took money' with loyalty. Absolute no correlation.
Berlu did something bad towards him BUT not Milan. It's different. Fans have special position of him in their feeling toward supporting Milan. But he used his self revenge towards Berlusconi just to mock Milan as a whole team from President to fans.

Well, I respect him as human. Why should I care about his 13 years working with Milan? Loyalty doesn't know length of time if at the end one thing spoiled the whole of time. Maldini won't be treated as hero if he played for Inter at the end of his playing's year. You got special treatment if you make special thing. You make general thing that people can do, why should you get a special treatment? No way! I respect him as human but not as football, coach or so. He is officially Merda. Sorry. People should even hate him more than Merda club, president and fans since they show what kind of people they are and they are loyal with their character.

Zlatan is another good example of professionalism. Where were you with your bleeding heart about loyalty when he scores for us this season? Isn't this the same Zlatan who's been succesfully kicking our a** with Juve and Inter? Will you still respect him when he moves to other club once his contract is over? Double standard!

Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca? Very very bad example. I think that you don't know about loyalty due to your example with Ibra. No offence.

Leo did what was expected of him according to the contract. In the end both parties weren't satisfied with each other and mutually consented to rescind the contract. Any kind of contractual obligation stopped right there and then. Any kind of moral obligation too stopped the days Berlu openly shared his pearl of wisdom. End of story.

Of course. No one denied what you said. I will make it harder: WHAT LEO DID IS NOT ILLEGAL!!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL. But loyalty is different. It not an exact thing that is stated in a paper and people need to sign him to be loyal. No. Nothing to with contract and rules.

Maltese Charlie
26-12-2010, 15:26
So what can we expect from todays' players? You gave a hint: he was payed by Milan etc etc. That's professionalism. That's the minimum requirement: you give 100% while you're under contract. Anything more is just a bonus. A welcome but not obliged extra.

Yes I agree with you on this paragraph that anything more is a bonus, but it works on both sides.

Leonardo was very loyal only when he was under contract, and so am I.
I gave him my full support while he was loyal to the club I support.

Maldini, Baresi, Rivera.......etc gave us (the supporters) the bonus and we are obliged to do the same.

Rivera was a vice president of Milan and when Berlusconi bought the club fired him, even politically were divided and still remained faithfull to the supporters.

Last season during the last game at San Siro the supporters sided Leonardo and showed lots of respect and affection during his conflict with Berlusconi, even that Berlusconi is the most person that contributed to Milan and is still doing.

And now they are paid back by this.
What Leonardo did is legally Right but morally Wrong.

Now I feel that the best thing to do to repay him for his action is to IGNORE HIM completely.

Maltese Charlie
26-12-2010, 15:30
Sinegar, I did not read your post before I posted.

Agree 100% with your post.

Tony75
27-12-2010, 03:24
A ship lost at sea will take any port, even one full of rats.

Siregar
27-12-2010, 05:31
“I thought it nice for the fans to spend Christmas knowing the name of their Coach. It seemed to me a good present for them and the supporters certainly deserve it,” Moratti told the Corriere dello Sport. [football-italia]

Thank you Leo to be Merda's present. You are scum, just like Merda members.

GeoTav
27-12-2010, 07:36
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !! :D

Gabriel489
27-12-2010, 08:10
He is the coach of Inter, get over it guys. Call him whatever you want bc it is ones opinion. U can say he betrayed Milan......but to me he just took a great offer. And as of now have not done anything to hurt Milan. However, if he starts asking players like T Silva or Pato to join him in Milan and causes problems with Milan then he is a true traitor.

To me I think it is great to have a good coach leading a strong team in Serie A, as the league is really crap. You might say it is competitive, but it is only bc the teams aint high levels. in order for a stronger League, good/modern coaches are needed as much as talented players. Don't get me wrong, I love Milan beating Inter, but I would rather beat a great Inter than a crap Inter.

Gabriel489
27-12-2010, 08:11
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !! :D

I think he will ask for Hunter

Dejan
27-12-2010, 08:21
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !! :D

I have a feeling that Leo will move for Dzeko, a player He wanted when at Milan.... Selfconfessed lifelong Rossonero fan and a star in the making. Watch this space:uhm:

Gabriel489
27-12-2010, 08:30
Probably in the summer as Dzeko is cup tied. Pretty foolish to spend 30mil on a player who cant play in CL.

But I do expect Hernanes to be someone that Inter will be going after as Leo scouted him forlike a few yrs. A. Cissohko is another one.

Dejan
27-12-2010, 08:46
Fair point G. What were his other transfer targets when in charge of Milan? If I mind correctly, Hunter was not his first choice striker. I mind Fabiano.

Gabriel489
27-12-2010, 08:48
Well, the other one was Bale.

Dejan
27-12-2010, 08:49
true...Cissoko??

Nalx
27-12-2010, 09:06
Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca? Very very bad example. I think that you don't know about loyalty due to your example with Ibra. No offence.


No offence taken. By mentioning Ibra what I meant is do we cheer for him because now he plays FOR us instead of AGAINST us like he did when he wore Juve&Inter jersey?

Is that some kind of loyalty? Then change the Ibra with Leo and hopefully you'll get my idea of double standard, or in other word, hypocrisy.

vivardo
27-12-2010, 09:07
Leo made those comments about Berlusconi which are true. Otherwise, he would have become Director/ Scout after resigning as the Coach. I do not know/judge how good a coach Leo is but he is one heck of a scout and negotiator. He would have continued to be an asset as he always was. Berlusconi blew that chance and the fans did not make much noise as they are doing now.

BTW, Moratti has been graceful in this entire saga. Berlusconi could use some lessons. Oh wait, he found a new girls' high school.

GeoTav
27-12-2010, 09:32
Leo made those comments about Berlusconi which are true. Otherwise, he would have become Director/ Scout after resigning as the Coach. I do not know/judge how good a coach Leo is but he is one heck of a scout and negotiator. He would have continued to be an asset as he always was. Berlusconi blew that chance and the fans did not make much noise as they are doing now.

BTW, Moratti has been graceful in this entire saga. Berlusconi could use some lessons. Oh wait, he found a new girls' high school.

Well, the fact that Leonardo (no more Leo, Leo was the Milan guy, now, it will be Leonardo !! Grrrrr) left us hasn't cost us anything so far ...

1) I think Allegri is a better coach (very personal opinion, no need to debate on that again, each person on this forum has his own idea about that, I should even erase this line).

2) Despite losing our best (from what everyone says) scout, we did a very good mercato and it seems the next mercato(s) is/are going to be as good.

3) There is a better ambiancy in the dressing room as everyone is more or less involved (which is better than 14 players involved and the others always on the bench) and because Allegri has more authority.

4) It looks like Leo (the one of Milan :D) wasn't liked by all the players among our "old guard" (Gattuso and Inzaghi) but also some of the others (Flamini).

Anyway, I have no doubt Leonardo will learn from this failure as a coach and won't do the same mistakes as last year (forcing a player to play on a side when he is a striker for example). Actually, if he does the same mistakes, he will be fired in June and will not find any new job in Italy IMO ... which could not be that much of a problem as he was heavily linked with Lyon one or two month(s) ago and was on French TV during that time (that was weird to see him speaking French, and also weird about the timing: he was announced as the favourite replacement of Puel, and was at the same time on TV here). As I think it's the last year of Puel, he could be the next coach of Lyon even if he is fired by Inter ...

What is sad actually is that Leo had a perfect image, he had the great role in this story (the loyal guy being unfairly fired by Berlu) ... and he destroyed everything by signing for Inter. If someone is in charge of his image and if he does care about his image, becoming the coach of Inter is the worst move he could have done.

ThrusT
27-12-2010, 09:34
I don't think that could be possible, but reports are about Morrati wanting to take Maldini in his staff now ...

Anyway, Leonardo could be free to request the players he wants for this mercato. Let's see if he asks for good players or for guys like Mancini !! :D

LOL I read about it in Gazetta dS.
That would be friggin' crazy , Maldini to Inter.
Imagine Maldini in an Inter Milan director's suit, with their nice logo on his chest. :punch:
I guess we can expect a lot of these Kaka', Maldini,.. rumours in the coming months. :wallbang:

Is this the backfire we're getting for signing ex-Inter stars like Ibra and Ronaldo? :guw:

Nalx
27-12-2010, 09:40
Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca? Very very bad example. I think that you don't know about loyalty due to your example with Ibra. No offence.


No offence taken. By mentioning Ibra what I meant is do we cheer for him because now he plays FOR us instead of AGAINST us like he did when he wore Juve&Inter jersey? Then replace Ibra with Leo, and hopefully you'll grasp the double standard I was talking about. If you support Ibra now that he's beneficial to us you are as much a hypocrite as if you hate Leo now that he's beneficial to Inter.

And a hypocrite has no right to talk about loyalty. That's why on my first sentence I mentioned ideal world and real world. To you loyalty demands 100% all the time, BEYOND contractual terms. I think that kind of loyalty you expect is an absurd concept that only exists on absurd world! Because we all know not even the best gold is of 100% pure, let alone humanbeings and their motives.

The closest thing we get to loyalty is Paolo. But even he supported Juve as a child and during our bleak times in 1996 or 1997 he seriously considered about moving to Chelsea. He didn't move alright, but for a captain to seriously consider about leaving us that at our darkest moment in Berlu's era, it proves that even Paolo is not exactly that loyal huh? A 99,99% loyal perhaps, like the best gold there is in the world is 99,99% pure, but not 100%.

kastriot
27-12-2010, 09:47
Anyway, I have no doubt Leonardo will learn from this failure as a coach and...

For me he wasn`t a failure as a coach. We were never going to win the CL with that outfit,however if Pato and Nesta were available until the end we could have won the Championship. Do not look at the final table, we all know its not a refection of our real strength last year. Leonardo and all the player knew before May that he is leaving and that made things irrelevant for the last 3-4 games.

if I`m not wrong, Leo collected 1 more point than Allegri this time around. Don`t get me wrong I really admire Allegri, and i`m sure he is a great coach, but with this team Leonardo would achieve at least the same amount of points. but this is my opionin too. I can just hope now that i`m wrong and Allegri is much better coach than LEO :devf:

GeoTav
27-12-2010, 10:12
No offence taken. By mentioning Ibra what I meant is do we cheer for him because now he plays FOR us instead of AGAINST us like he did when he wore Juve&Inter jersey? Then replace Ibra with Leo, and hopefully you'll grasp the double standard I was talking about. If you support Ibra now that he's beneficial to us you are as much a hypocrite as if you hate Leo now that he's beneficial to Inter.

But why comparing Ibra and Leo ?

Ibrahimovic played in Juventus before going in Inter, he never was the loyal guy in any of his clubs, he's just a great player having played in some great clubs, with some of them being rivals. How many years did he spend in Juventus ? In Inter ? In Barcelona ?

He's not an icon for these clubs, for sure, he was loved by their fans (not sure for Barcelona), but he never claimed he would stay in these clubs for years/decades ...

So the best we can do with him is to be happy to have him performing in our team. I don't see any hypocrisy in that simply because the guy was "hated" when he was our opponent (because of his arrogance) but he never was hated because he was a loyal player for one of our opponents (I hate Materazzi because this guy has been the symbol of Inter in the last years).

Leonardo, on another hand, stayed a long time in Milan, always claimed to be a Milanista (and Paris fan too, so if he had gone to Paris, I wouldn't have been surprised at all actually), he publicly said he wouldn't coach any team in Italy again, and that's what I call a loyalty decalaration ... The guy proclaimed himself as a loyal person by saying such a thing, and what does he do 6 months later ? He is the coach of our rival !!

Did Ibrahimovic declared he would never play again in Italy or would never join Milan ? I don't think so ...

For me he wasn`t a failure as a coach. We would never going to win the CL with that outfit,however if Pato and Nesta were available until the end we could have won the Championship. Do not look at the final table, we all know its not a refection of our real strength last year. Leonardo and all the player knew before May that he is leaving and that made things irrelevant for the last 3-4 games.

Well, I call it a failure because he was fired at the end of his first year ... it's the final result of his year as our coach. I think he learned a lot, but the fact he couldn't keep his job means he failed in something (he is as responsible for that as Berlu because he played ping pong with Berlu in medias instead of privately discussing, and to play ping pong, you need to be at least two). I'm among the people who supported him and would have liked to see him coach our team with better players (but I was also among the people crying to see Pato on the right, and then Huntelaar, and even Inzaghi the rare times he played), but he failed as he was fired.

And if you want my opinion, I think we're more solid, even if less spectacular, with Allegri, because he built something to make a strong defence, something Leo didn't, Leo tried to build a strong attack, but in modern football, even the best attack can't win titles if the defence is awful and exposed. It's why most of the coaches try to work firstly on the defence, and then with the attack.

Reza
27-12-2010, 10:13
Maldini to Inter has left me speechless and it's only a silly rumour...

Nalx
27-12-2010, 10:39
@ Geo: *sigh* Again if Leo WAS an icon then I can easily repeat what I've written: were Berlu's comments, some of them when Leo was still in charge, the way you treat an icon? And we're gonna through the never ending discussion that is going nowhere. Berlu called Leo thick-headed, Leo called Berlu a narcissist. Well, if respect works both ways then so is disrespect my friend! Or would you turn the other cheek after all that's been said and done were you in Leo's shoes? I doubt it!

He declared his love to Milan? Heck, a certain guy did so from the window of his apartment and look at what he did the next six months. That was the last time I took this sort of pledge seriously and it hurts me no longer if this so-called betrayal happens. The only thing that can't be changed is my love to AC Milan, that's my one and only idealism. But in these modern days of football, I'm a pragmatist who takes thing as it is, and by "thing as it is" I mean everybody whose rights and obligations were detailed out on the contract. The contract itself is the boundary. Take it beyond that and the only thing that'll get hurt is your own feeling. And after Kaka's (and Sheva's) leaving I must say I've had enough of it.

That's my final stance on this issue. Whether others agree with me or not, I'M OUTTA HERE...




To mercato thread :respect:

ACMILAN1983
27-12-2010, 10:42
What Leo has done hurts fans on an emotional level, and while football is a business, we cannot acknowledge there's a lot more passion/emotional investment in this sport than in other industries. From this perspective, what Leo did is a despicable act of betrayal.

However, from his own perspective I understand that he's got a chance of a lifetime here, as there aren't many top coaching jobs available for a man with his CV (i.e. 1 year coaching Milan and getting sacked, being beaten 4-0 by both Inter and Man Utd). He was overlooked for Brazil (something I'm sure he made himself available for) and now probably wanted another good opportunity. If the reigning European, Italian and World Champions come asking for him, then he could well be considered stupid for not accepting.

Personally, I think he's a good coach, but one which may struggle with the current Inter squad. He likes attacking possession football and we know how much Benitez struggled trying to introduce it at Inter. Ultimately, I'm unconcerned about Inter and Leo right now, as I must say Allegri does seem a better coach and we only need to worry about ourselves right now.

As for the Kaka and Maldini rumours. I can imagine Kaka may decide to join Inter if he gets a strong opportunity. However, I don't think a deal seems likely to materialise and I must admit the Kaka of the past 2 years is nothing compared to Kaka in Milan. Maldini on the other hand cannot be anything but rumours, the guy is like Baresi or Rivera, a Milanista through and through (Rivera, despite hating Berlu has never gone against Milan). I'd wager my support for Milan over Maldini not going to Inter.

GeoTav
27-12-2010, 11:00
@ Geo: *sigh* You label Leo an icon. Then I can easily repeat what I've written: were Berlu's comments, some of them when Leo was still in charge, the way you treat an icon? And we're gonna through the never ending discussion that is going nowhere. He declared his love to Milan? Heck, a certain guy did so from the window of his apartment and look at what he did the next six months. That was the last time I took this sort of pledge seriously and it hurts me no longer if this so-called betrayal happens. The only thing that can't be change is my love to AC Milan. But in these modern days of football, I'm a pragmatist who takes thing as it is, and by thing "as it is" the contract is the boundary. Take it beyond that and the only thing that'll get hurt is your own ego.

Well, Leonardo coaching Inter isn't something that will make me stop sleeping ... I would be really sad if Maldini was to join them (even if like others stated, I think it's just rumours).

Also, like some stated, Milan is bigger than any individual. So once someone leaves Milan, Milan is still Milan.

Again, like some said and I said too in my first post on this topic, we can't blame Leonardo for coaching a big club. There's no reason why he should stop coaching, it's not like "you leave Milan and stop everything related to football", the only problem I have with that is that the big club is Inter (like I said, he could have gone coaching Juventus, Roma, or any other top club in any other country, I wouldn't have cared actually).

Anyway, without talking about betrayal (I don't think I used this word once about that ? I'll check ... I replied you about the Ibra/Leo comparison), I will not hesitate to criticize Leonardo during his spell in Inter. That's simply the game: you're in Milan or you're not. :)

Nalx
27-12-2010, 11:18
No, Geo, I didn't accuse you of using the word betrayal. My apologize if my post implied so.

It's just this loyalty thing some people perceive that bugs me. But that's okay and I respect them.

And yes, just like you, I'll be more than happy to mock Leo every single game from now on. Nothing personal, just business.

Karim
27-12-2010, 11:39
Probably in the summer as Dzeko is cup tied. Pretty foolish to spend 30mil on a player who cant play in CL.

But I do expect Hernanes to be someone that Inter will be going after as Leo scouted him forlike a few yrs. A. Cissohko is another one.

We were so close to Hernanes in last Jan but suddenly we just didn't complete the move :fero:

ZvonimirBoban
27-12-2010, 11:48
That's simply the game: you're in Milan or you're not. :)

Yeah, that's the only point. Now let Inter welcome their loser :5inter:, and we welcome Cassano. And maybe some other signings.

vivardo
27-12-2010, 12:51
Please let me make this clear: I am not a Leo fanboy.

Why do people admire and stay loyal to an institution? Usually because of its values or the people involved in it. You could say that AC Milan stands for good football. But again there are other clubs which proclaim the same. To me, it is all about people. This saga is not doing much good for the club, not exactly in the commercial sense but at the ideological level.

May be it is due to the political reasons, I do not admire Berlusconi at all. As a matter of fact, f**k him.

Arildonardo
27-12-2010, 16:06
And now maybe Maldini as well?!?!?

http://www.football-italia.net/dec27s.html

Damn! I don't know how I would react if that happened... My all-time favorite player...

OCmilano
27-12-2010, 18:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZGA6a1pa4&feature=popt11us14

Gift for all Italian speakers. I have no idea but seems like a shot at Leo.

Elmago99
27-12-2010, 19:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZGA6a1pa4&feature=popt11us14

Gift for all Italian speakers. I have no idea but seems like a shot at Leo.

in one phrase the boy basically said " He's an a**hole"....

Gabriel489
27-12-2010, 23:09
We were so close to Hernanes in last Jan but suddenly we just didn't complete the move :fero:

Personally, I think Hernanes is a reflection of whats wrong with the modern day transfer market. To me it seems like that when you are 19-21 playing pro football outside of Spain, Italy, England and even Germany, scouts from those so call huge clubs will only look at you up sides and ignore your down sides, thus these clubs will be willing to pay around or over 20 mil for a player aka The Next so and so. But once that player choose to stay with their current club and plays out till he is like 24 or 25. Scouts will begin to question his talents due not playing his trade at a big club....and scouts will be more toward questioning their downsides and ignoring their upsides. I think thats what happened to Hernanes as Berlu probably think if he is that good he would have gone to Europe a long time.

Karim
28-12-2010, 07:17
The problem is that according to Oriali from football-italia.net said he was close to signing him for 11 Million until just suddenly connection broke off in Jnauary when they were supposed to close the deal ??!!!

Anyways, we Egyptians already have such a talent and me as an Ahly fan thank God that he didn't leave
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/veteran-aboutrika-with-point-to-prove-1914825.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article6506805.ece

The last one is great

Kaka1899
28-12-2010, 11:37
And now maybe Maldini as well?!?!?

http://www.football-italia.net/dec27s.html

Damn! I don't know how I would react if that happened... My all-time favorite player...

if all these reports are true about Paolo and Kaka going to Inter i am certain Moratti is doing it on purpose to get back at us for signing Ibra and Cassano, i think we should hire Zanetti :D

Siregar
28-12-2010, 13:21
Van Basten: 'Leo has betrayed Milan'

Milan legend Marco Van Basten thinks Leonardo has betrayed the club by joining heated rivals Inter.

Leonardo accepted the offer to replace Rafa Benitez despite his 13-year history with Milan.

Speaking to Sky Italia, Van Basten said: “It's not right to pass from one family to another. Wouldn't it be a betrayal?

“In my case, yes. I was at Milan for many years. I found myself happy. In my opinion even Inter understand this way of thinking.”

Asked for his reaction to Leonardo's appointment, he replied: “It's another thing entirely. He wasn't a Milan player for so many years.

“He left with problems. I have never had any with Milan.”

Van Basten then gave an insight into his own future.

The 46-year-old Dutchman has been frequently linked with the Milan job in the past.

“Last year there were rumours, but no contact. I had the ankle problem. I had an operation in September. Now I am better.

“In the future you never know.

“There is quality at Milan, but they must improve in order to become a team that wins in Italy and in Europe.

“Ibrahimovic make the difference. He has done so many times this year.

“Zlatan played in a different way at Barcelona and the relationship with Pep Guardiola wasn't good.

“He is a sensitive kind of player. He needs the support of the Coach and the fans.” football-italia

Not all people can be loyal, Basten! :3band:

Arildonardo
28-12-2010, 16:12
if all these reports are true about Paolo and Kaka going to Inter i am certain Moratti is doing it on purpose to get back at us for signing Ibra and Cassano, i think we should hire Zanetti :D

If Paolo was to sign for a role at Inter I believe the #3 shirt will be assigned to a new player at the end of the season... I really hope Maldini is like van Basten, and I also think so. It should be impossible for him to go to Inter.

Karim
29-12-2010, 03:22
“In my case, yes. I was at Milan for many years. I found myself happy. In my opinion even Inter understand this way of thinking.”

Asked for his reaction to Leonardo's appointment, he replied: “It's another thing entirely. He wasn't a Milan player for so many years.

“He left with problems. I have never had any with Milan.”

I got confused here, or may be because of the lack of tone I am missing a back handed slap :D

Nalx
29-12-2010, 04:34
I got confused here, or may be because of the lack of tone I am missing a back handed slap :D

What confused you? I think Marco made it quite clear that since Leo wasn't a Milan player for many years and seeing how Leo's relationship with Milan ended "with problems" what he did is at least can be understood if not condone.

Maltese Charlie
31-12-2010, 06:23
Gattuso, tackle duro su Leonardo"Non voleva allenare. Il dio denaro..."
Lo aveva giŕ punzecchiato prima che andasse a sedersi sulla panchina dell'Inter. Ora Rino Gattuso ha qualche motivo in piů per criticare il suo ex allenatore Leonardo: "Con lui il rapporto umano č mancato. Zero. Non c'č stato feeling - ha detto in un'intervista al Corsera il centrocampista del Milan - Non voleva fare l'allenatore e piů volte aveva dichiarato di non sentirsela. Evidentemente il dio denaro fa miracoli. Non penso sia un dispetto".

31 dicembre 201011:54 TGCom.

A Hard tackle on Leonardo from Gattuso!!!!

Gattuso said that Leonardo declared many times that he don't want to coach anymore but as you can see MONEYGOD can make MIRACLES.


Rino, even outside the pitch is special.

Xudong
31-12-2010, 12:25
Gattuso, tackle duro su Leonardo"Non voleva allenare. Il dio denaro..."
Lo aveva giŕ punzecchiato prima che andasse a sedersi sulla panchina dell'Inter. Ora Rino Gattuso ha qualche motivo in piů per criticare il suo ex allenatore Leonardo: "Con lui il rapporto umano č mancato. Zero. Non c'č stato feeling - ha detto in un'intervista al Corsera il centrocampista del Milan - Non voleva fare l'allenatore e piů volte aveva dichiarato di non sentirsela. Evidentemente il dio denaro fa miracoli. Non penso sia un dispetto".

31 dicembre 201011:54 TGCom.

A Hard tackle on Leonardo from Gattuso!!!!

Gattuso said that Leonardo declared many times that he don't want to coach anymore but as you can see MONEYGOD can make MIRACLES.


Rino, even outside the pitch is special.

:proud: :proud:

Elmago99
31-12-2010, 17:45
Gattuso, tackle duro su Leonardo"Non voleva allenare. Il dio denaro..."
Lo aveva giŕ punzecchiato prima che andasse a sedersi sulla panchina dell'Inter. Ora Rino Gattuso ha qualche motivo in piů per criticare il suo ex allenatore Leonardo: "Con lui il rapporto umano č mancato. Zero. Non c'č stato feeling - ha detto in un'intervista al Corsera il centrocampista del Milan - Non voleva fare l'allenatore e piů volte aveva dichiarato di non sentirsela. Evidentemente il dio denaro fa miracoli. Non penso sia un dispetto".

31 dicembre 201011:54 TGCom.

A Hard tackle on Leonardo from Gattuso!!!!

Gattuso said that Leonardo declared many times that he don't want to coach anymore but as you can see MONEYGOD can make MIRACLES.


Rino, even outside the pitch is special.

:5schal::devf::nana::nunu::gun:

jovola
01-01-2011, 07:53
Bravo Rino, fck this kind of professionalism, there was a line and Leonardo crossed it, I can't have any sympathy for him, no matter how he and Silvio parted.

ZvonimirBoban
01-01-2011, 09:49
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/12/29/2282243/milan-striker-alexandre-pato-hopes-leonardo-fails-at-inter

Milan Striker Alexandre Pato Hopes Leonardo Fails At Inter

Pato hopes Leonardo doesn't succeed at Inter...
By Subhankar Mondal

Milan striker Alexandre Pato hopes Leonardo fails to turn Inter's fortunes around this season. The 41-year-old was presented as the coach of the Nerazzurri earlier on Wednesday.

Leonardo was the Milan boss last season and led the Rossoneri to a third place finish in Serie A before parting company with the club after differences with Silvio Berlusconi.

"Everyone makes the decisions that they believe to be right," Pato told Datasport "Leonardo is a professional coach now and we must respect the decision he made to continue working.

“Having said that, I hope he doesn’t do very well at Inter! It’s because Milan need to win the Scudetto and a lot more.”

Milan are thirteen points ahead of their city rivals in the Serie A standings.

OCmilano
06-01-2011, 16:41
Im a Leo fan I believe in his coaching skills BUT Im a Milan fan for life and I hope we will fight till the end and win the scudetto this year.

3-1 win first game with this team he has. We better not give any points away

thresics
06-01-2011, 16:58
Leonardo just won the first game for Inter.....
3:1
Inter VS Napoli

A strong Inter is awaked.

Xudong
06-01-2011, 17:08
every dog has its day. :D

GeoTav
07-01-2011, 09:46
I watched the game of Inter, yes, they scored 3 goals, yes, they won, but they were, IMO, dominated, and I thought during the game that Napoli had no legs, Hamsik was nowhere near his level of this season, Cavani almost never touched a ball, and Lavezzi didn't do anything spectacular ... Napoli had a bad performance as a whole yesterday, which helped Inter to win. So no "Leonardo effect" in this Inter win.

ACMILAN1983
07-01-2011, 11:00
tbh, Leo's not had time to make his mark at all yet, so for at least the next month I expect we'll see an inconsistent Inter

Xudong
07-01-2011, 22:31
tbh, Leo's not had time to make his mark at all yet, so for at least the next month I expect we'll see an inconsistent Inter

I hope that after the next month when Leo will have enough time to make his mark, we will see an inconsistent Inter. :D

No, seriously, can that really happen? :hug:

thresics
08-01-2011, 13:13
Benitez sucks!! He is the best candidate to deform Inter.
See how he destruct LiverPoor today!!!!

Leonardo is familiar of all the tactics, management.
Inter is in different after his arrival.

Inter will be OUR biggest opponent this season.

Brasileiro
09-01-2011, 22:58
Gattuso, tackle duro su Leonardo"Non voleva allenare. Il dio denaro..."
Lo aveva giŕ punzecchiato prima che andasse a sedersi sulla panchina dell'Inter. Ora Rino Gattuso ha qualche motivo in piů per criticare il suo ex allenatore Leonardo: "Con lui il rapporto umano č mancato. Zero. Non c'č stato feeling - ha detto in un'intervista al Corsera il centrocampista del Milan - Non voleva fare l'allenatore e piů volte aveva dichiarato di non sentirsela. Evidentemente il dio denaro fa miracoli. Non penso sia un dispetto".

31 dicembre 201011:54 TGCom.

A Hard tackle on Leonardo from Gattuso!!!!

Gattuso said that Leonardo declared many times that he don't want to coach anymore but as you can see MONEYGOD can make MIRACLES.


Rino, even outside the pitch is special.
Yep, he´s special...

This is the same Gatuso that used supposed Bayern Munich and MU offers to create leverage for take more money out of our Club... It´s funny how you guys forgot about it.

You just don´t see REAL Milan guys like Maldini taking these cheap shots...

ACMILAN1983
10-01-2011, 04:02
Brasileiro I believe Rino's taken pay cuts to remain at Milan, so I really don't think the Bayern/Man U rumours were for leverage.

Maltese Charlie
10-01-2011, 11:48
Yep, he´s special...

This is the same Gatuso that used supposed Bayern Munich and MU offers to create leverage for take more money out of our Club... It´s funny how you guys forgot about it.

You just don´t see REAL Milan guys like Maldini taking these cheap shots...

First of all let me thank you for your nice posts you usually do.

On this one I think you are not correctly informed.

Gattuso made it public many times that he asked to be transfered not for the money but because he thought that he is not Milan material anymore since he was not playing. He did not want to be dead weight on the club.

It was very easy to convience him to stay as the only condition he made was that the new coach will show him that he is still needed.

And he showed how much he loves the club when he reduces his salary volontary.

My friend, Gattuso is unique.

GeoTav
19-01-2011, 15:24
After leading 2-0 at home against Cesena, Inter gives another example that they are able of the worst ... it's now 2-2.

Kwasniefski
19-01-2011, 18:39
Inter 3 - 2 Cesena. Only 6 pts. back with a game in hand. Yes, their defence is suspect as we saw in that game but so is AC's. Rule them out of the race for the title at your peril.

GeoTav
19-01-2011, 21:59
Inter 3 - 2 Cesena. Only 6 pts. back with a game in hand. Yes, their defence is suspect as we saw in that game but so is AC's. Rule them out of the race for the title at your peril.

Who said such a thing ?
They're going to be our most important rival for the Scudetto ... but as long as they're behind us, don't catch us, and by knowing we still have to play against them at home, and as we're going to improve our performances, I'm not too worried. Not because our opponents are bad or whatever, just because we are strong and have our destiny in our feet.

PS: I don't know why, but if Milan and Inter manage to beat their opponents in CL, I feel UEFA is going to draw a Milanese derby ... :D

Aficio
19-01-2011, 22:46
I begin to hate Leo :D

ZvonimirBoban
20-01-2011, 03:46
I begin to hate Leo :D

Ah, you're late, man. :diablo:

:5inter:

kastriot
20-01-2011, 03:58
I begin to hate Leo :D

I`m beginning to hate Berlusconi.

ACMILAN1983
20-01-2011, 03:59
I'm still not convinced Inter are back. Every match seems to be a struggle (except Bologna) and they're still conceding goals. We're not doing any better mind, but it's obvious that we can improve or return to form, while I'm not sure how much Inter can expect as they've had a poor season and Leo's got half a year to sort it out. I believe the team that regains it's stability at the back is the team that will go on to win the scudetto, as conceding goals will cost points.

Siregar
20-01-2011, 04:55
I`m beginning to hate Berlusconi.

LOL

Even if we assume Berlu disrepected, degraded Leo in the worst level (whatever worst action a man can do to other people legally), Leo shouldn't betray MILAN in the name of revenge to Berlu since Milan >>>> a Berlusconi. If someone to be hated, it is him. Berlu probably made mistake but what Leo did is unacceptable for fans (well, hating Berlu is not a strange thing since many hate him :D).

I am glad Leo moved there. We know now that he is just as bad as inter staff.

Codino
20-01-2011, 05:17
I`m beginning to hate Berlusconi.

beginning?? live in italy for a while and you will want him dead hahaha :D

kastriot
20-01-2011, 05:37
LOL

Even if we assume Berlu disrepected, degraded Leo in the worst level (whatever worst action a man can do to other people legally), Leo shouldn't betray MILAN in the name of revenge to Berlu since Milan >>>> a Berlusconi. If someone to be hated, it is him. Berlu probably made mistake but what Leo did is unacceptable for fans (well, hating Berlu is not a strange thing since many hate him :D).

I am glad Leo moved there. We know now that he is just as bad as inter staff.

He is not getting a revenge on Milan, he is just doing his job. And I don`t have a problem with him coaching Inter. I hate the fact that he is proving to be a great coach. Tactically he is still a suspect (needs experience) but my god he has everything else a great coach should posses.

And I don`t hate Berlu for letting him go, he is the boss he wasn`t satisfied and its Ok to let him go...but not in that way and not LEO.

Siregar
20-01-2011, 06:06
Of course he is not getting revenge on Milan, he is getting revenge on Berlu. :D

What he said after left Milan from coach job, what options he had and what he did with Inter (accepting coach job) is more than just 'doing his job' (for fans perspective, not from LEGAL or law perspective). He has all right to coach Inter but he deserves nothing but hate and disgrace from Milan fans.

Proving to be a GREAT coach is exaggerated as he has done nothing to be said "proving a great coach" except OK performance with Milan and winning easy games with Inter. I don't see a thing that he is now proving to be a GREAT coach. Maybe later when he shows something that he IS RPOVING to be a GREAT coach like winning tittles, etc.

With how Berlu did to Leo (the effect of the action to Leo) just shows how weak Leo mentally is and/or how he has no feeling at all since he disrespected his fans. He started to have much more fans when he brought Milan to the contender of Scudetto (when he was a coach of Milan) compared when he was still playing and scouting (working as director) for Milan. All of sudden, he came up to the surface and turned to be a Christmas GIFT for Inter. What the f*c*! He is just so stupid to be put as toy for Merda (Moratti co.).

mzk57
20-01-2011, 08:49
I knew Leonardo was a loser & dumb from the mess he caused (KJH as RW, Flam-Rino out) during his coaching period, but now I am sure he is class-less as well, which he pretended to have in plenty during his time at ACM. Not only he ruined the potential great career of a super player in ACM for the next decade, but also proved that the 12 years he spent at AC Milan means nothing to him.

Note: There is a difference b/w Leonardo & the others who switched like Ronaldo, Vieri, Ibrahimovic etc

Elmago99
20-01-2011, 09:09
beginning?? live in italy for a while and you will want him dead hahaha :D

As an owner hes great because he cares for his team, and he has the money to produce a good team.

As a President, he's a bit suspect. Without getting too much into it, the West in general is under a dark force that is controlled by a few. Socialist policies in the past decade in the U.S. and Europe have given the illusion it's better for the people, but it's actually better for the very few elite. Berlusconi is no doubtedly one of the richest in Europe, but whether he's apart of this powerful force I speak of is not too clear. The point is, even if he wasn't, he doesn't have the power to change Italy for the better (Lower taxes drastically, Pull Italy out of E.U., go back to Lire, limit immigration, eliminate entitlements, etc). I've read he's good friends with Russian President Putin, and not so close with those in the Western European circles, but again he doesn't have the power to create drastic positive change in Italy.

As for Leonardo, he's free to coach whomever he wants. I'd love to beat him in San Siro and take the Scudetto, that will make him feel as Judas did when he accepted 30 pieces of Silver......:1avs:

kastriot
20-01-2011, 09:24
As an owner hes great because he cares for his team, and he has the money to produce a good team.

As a President, he's a bit suspect. Without getting too much into it, the West in general is under a dark force that is controlled by a few. Socialist policies in the past decade in the U.S. and Europe have given the illusion it's better for the people, but it's actually better for the very few elite. Berlusconi is no doubtedly one of the richest in Europe, but whether he's apart of this powerful force I speak of is not too clear. The point is, even if he wasn't, he doesn't have the power to change Italy for the better (Lower taxes drastically, Pull Italy out of E.U., go back to Lire, limit immigration, eliminate entitlements, etc). I've read he's good friends with Russian President Putin, and not so close with those in the Western European circles, but again he doesn't have the power to create drastic positive change in Italy.

As for Leonardo, he's free to coach whomever he wants. I'd love to beat him in San Siro and take the Scudetto, that will make him feel as Judas did when he accepted 30 pieces of Silver......:1avs:

There is never good ending to a political discussion,so lets try to avoid it by focusing all our hatred towards INTER :sagrin:

GeoTav
20-01-2011, 09:28
As an owner hes great because he cares for his team, and he has the money to produce a good team.

As a President, he's a bit suspect. Without getting too much into it, the West in general is under a dark force that is controlled by a few. Socialist policies in the past decade in the U.S. and Europe have given the illusion it's better for the people, but it's actually better for the very few elite. Berlusconi is no doubtedly one of the richest in Europe, but whether he's apart of this powerful force I speak of is not too clear. The point is, even if he wasn't, he doesn't have the power to change Italy for the better (Lower taxes drastically, Pull Italy out of E.U., go back to Lire, limit immigration, eliminate entitlements, etc). I've read he's good friends with Russian President Putin, and not so close with those in the Western European circles, but again he doesn't have the power to create drastic positive change in Italy.

As for Leonardo, he's free to coach whomever he wants. I'd love to beat him in San Siro and take the Scudetto, that will make him feel as Judas did when he accepted 30 pieces of Silver......:1avs:

Sorry to tell you that, mate, but this post is typically the kind of post I don't like: you write about politics and religion in one single post !! :nervous:

Let's just focus on our first Scudetto in years !! :D

Anyway, just an idea for Reza and the new forum: why not creating a "Other teams" section, with a topic for each team, including the main European teams (Barcelona, Real, Chelsea, Manchester U, Arsenal, Lyon, Bayern, ...), the main Italian teams (Inter, Napoli, Roma, ...) and one topic for the other Serie A teams (no name written, but it would be about clubs like Cesena, Bari, Lecce, Bologna, ...). Doing that could, firstly, allow us to follow really easily a good player in one of these teams, one we could be interested for, thanks to the comments of Milan fans watching the games of these teams, but it could also bring some more people, fans from these clubs, coming regularly to comment on their team, and as a consequence, as we're a friendly forum, that could add some friendly rivality between these new regular posters and the Milan fans during the games between Milan and these teams. Just an idea ...

Elmago99
20-01-2011, 09:34
Woops sorry. I didn't mean to be religious, just used it in a historical context as an example of a traitor.. I forgot how much that stings some people..I'm not religious nor political, but someone mentioned how people hate Berlu, so I just tried to cut the guy a little slack......Won't happen again ! :p231:

As for Leo, he wants Ganso, and is hot on his tail, something I don't like one bit, considering we still don't have an ACM, and haven't since Kaka left...

GeoTav
20-01-2011, 09:43
Woops sorry. I didn't mean to be religious, just used it in a historical context as an example of a traitor.. I forgot how much that stings some people..I'm not religious nor political, but someone mentioned how people hate Berlu, so I just tried to cut the guy a little slack......Won't happen again ! :p231:

As for Leo, he wants Ganso, and is hot on his tail, something I don't like one bit, considering we still don't have an ACM, and haven't since Kaka left...

And I doubt we will get one this winter, unfortunately (but for such a crucial position, I think it's better getting nobody and keep doing like we have done since the start of the season rather than getting the wrong player, someone who isn't good enough) ...

Aficio
20-01-2011, 09:44
I've heard Inter want Van Bommel, let them help him, another reason to hate :D

GeoTav
20-01-2011, 09:58
I've heard Inter want Van Bommel, let them help him, another reason to hate :D

I always thought he had the perfect profile to play in Inter ...
And is it a coincidence if each time we are linked with a player, Inter is linked with the same player few days/weeks after ? Could it be a trick from our management to look like they are interested by some players just to let Inter do the mistake of taking them ? :D

Aficio
20-01-2011, 10:10
I always thought he had the perfect profile to play in Inter ...
And is it a coincidence if each time we are linked with a player, Inter is linked with the same player few days/weeks after ? Could it be a trick from our management to look like they are interested by some players just to let Inter do the mistake of taking them ? :D


Yeah. And since Moratti is tired of spending, we will be generous to share the know-how about signing cheap & old players :D

Reza
20-01-2011, 11:25
Anyway, just an idea for Reza and the new forum: why not creating a "Other teams" section, with a topic for each team, including the main European teams (Barcelona, Real, Chelsea, Manchester U, Arsenal, Lyon, Bayern, ...), the main Italian teams (Inter, Napoli, Roma, ...) and one topic for the other Serie A teams (no name written, but it would be about clubs like Cesena, Bari, Lecce, Bologna, ...). Doing that could, firstly, allow us to follow really easily a good player in one of these teams, one we could be interested for, thanks to the comments of Milan fans watching the games of these teams, but it could also bring some more people, fans from these clubs, coming regularly to comment on their team, and as a consequence, as we're a friendly forum, that could add some friendly rivality between these new regular posters and the Milan fans during the games between Milan and these teams. Just an idea ...

Thanks Geo, I think that's a good idea. Will do it in the new forum and hopefully it will help create some discussion.

mzk57
21-01-2011, 05:04
Thanks Geo, I think that's a good idea. Will do it in the new forum and hopefully it will help create some discussion.
So the days of this MM numbered? When you are launching the new MM? & What about this one? Will all our post be discarded? Is there any way to save them, something like in MS Word or PDF format or something .... :(

fLame
21-01-2011, 08:31
Thanks Geo, I think that's a good idea. Will do it in the new forum and hopefully it will help create some discussion.


I think one topic for other teams would be enough. Many of the Milan-related topis remain idle here, so I bet seperate topics for all those teams wouldn't recieve much activity.

p.s. well ok we can have a seperate topic for Inter, in the flame forum, so there's always a place ot vent the agression :dumpf: :v103: :cheers:

Reza
21-01-2011, 09:07
So the days of this MM numbered? When you are launching the new MM? & What about this one? Will all our post be discarded? Is there any way to save them, something like in MS Word or PDF format or something .... :(

I have explained it in the thread in Forum News And Views forum. This current vBulletin forum will remain as a searchable archive for a while. Pretty soon we will start posting in the new place and I hope most people will follow and be there, it was a decision I had to take because this set up hasn't been affordable for months if not years. It'll still be milanmania.com address.

Reza
21-01-2011, 09:08
I think one topic for other teams would be enough. Many of the Milan-related topis remain idle here, so I bet seperate topics for all those teams wouldn't recieve much activity.

p.s. well ok we can have a seperate topic for Inter, in the flame forum, so there's always a place ot vent the agression :dumpf: :v103: :cheers:

Makes sense, we can experiment with a few and then less if that happens.

ACMILAN1983
23-01-2011, 13:17
As Inter lost today some of my doubts seem to be coming to my mind again about them. All of Udinese's goals came from set pieces, which were all poorly defended. I've mentioned the trend about how Inter were vulnerable on corners a couple of week's ago, and this only builds on those doubts.

Anyway, we need to keep focus on ourselves, notably against Cesena soon.

Aficio
23-01-2011, 14:28
As Inter lost today some of my doubts seem to be coming to my mind again about them. All of Udinese's goals came from set pieces, which were all poorly defended. I've mentioned the trend about how Inter were vulnerable on corners a couple of week's ago, and this only builds on those doubts.

Anyway, we need to keep focus on ourselves, notably against Cesena soon.


I think Leo is missing Nesta & Silva now. :D Inter lack a great CB pair, I don't know why Ranocchia wasn't used.

And you're right, a lost after 4 consecutive wins is not bad. We should concentrate on our game and keep winning :p286:

GeoTav
24-01-2011, 12:29
As Inter lost today some of my doubts seem to be coming to my mind again about them. All of Udinese's goals came from set pieces, which were all poorly defended. I've mentioned the trend about how Inter were vulnerable on corners a couple of week's ago, and this only builds on those doubts.

Anyway, we need to keep focus on ourselves, notably against Cesena soon.

I agree with you, and I don't think Inter will improve much in this area ... Last year, with Leonardo, we were really weak on set pieces, and I don't remember who said that Leonardo liked to work a lot on the attack but not really on the defence. Since Leonardo arrived in Inter, they suddenly became again a kind of threat in the attacking moments (not excellent yet but they will surely improve) but they are more than weak in defence and more especially the set pieces, what was their strenght under Mourinho.

So actually, I see a first Leonardo effect there: the bad defence on set pieces. It's his signature. :D

Aficio
24-01-2011, 12:44
So actually, I see a first Leonardo effect there: the bad defence on set pieces. It's his signature. :D


You remind me of Carlo :D maybe Leo learnt from him :1old:

ACMILAN1983
25-01-2011, 04:17
I wouldn't write off Inter yet though, despite agreeing with you guys about a possible flaw in Leo's coaching ability. He is a very clever guy and I think he will attempt to make Inter grow in the image of the sides he's been most influenced by (i.e. '82 Brazil).

btw, I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but Savicevic upon hearing Leo went to Inter responded by saying he never really liked him. Odd, as I always thought Leo was a very popular character.

Aficio
26-01-2011, 06:03
btw, I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but Savicevic upon hearing Leo went to Inter responded by saying he never really liked him. Odd, as I always thought Leo was a very popular character.


That reminds me of his red card in WC1994. My love for Milan could make me let it pass, but my hate for Inter couldn't :D

Regardless of how intelligent a man is, he can't success without knowing about controlling his temper.

People like Maldini & Costacusta are rare.

OCmilano
06-02-2011, 16:53
Please Leo stop proving you are a better coach then Allegri.

You are ****ing killing me.

ACMILAN1983
07-02-2011, 04:18
Please Leo stop proving you are a better coach then Allegri.

You are ****ing killing me.

How is Leo proving this? Yes he's winning matches, but Inter look more vulnerable than ever (barring the Rafa episode), despite pretty much having a full strength squad. We need to focus on ourselves, recover key players that we're missing and regain our form. I'm convinced that this coming week is hugely important as Pirlo will rejoin the group and others like Rino will regain full match fitness. I also believe Boateng will soon be back which is very important for us.

OCmilano
07-02-2011, 17:39
How is Leo proving this? Yes he's winning matches, but Inter look more vulnerable than ever (barring the Rafa episode), despite pretty much having a full strength squad. We need to focus on ourselves, recover key players that we're missing and regain our form. I'm convinced that this coming week is hugely important as Pirlo will rejoin the group and others like Rino will regain full match fitness. I also believe Boateng will soon be back which is very important for us.


Proving? The guy is catching up to us with his new team. Please Im really sick of us using this injury excuse. How is inter in the hunt when Julio Ceasar was out for so long, Lucio, sneijder, samuel, etc etc etc.

And I dont mind if we win all our games with scores of 3-2, 5-4 etc as long as we win. Yes they are getting scored on a lot but they are still WINNING.

Come on guys as fans we support but when we have a right to be frustrated we have a right too.

GeoTav
07-02-2011, 18:04
Proving? The guy is catching up to us with his new team. Please Im really sick of us using this injury excuse. How is inter in the hunt when Julio Ceasar was out for so long, Lucio, sneijder, samuel, etc etc etc.

And I dont mind if we win all our games with scores of 3-2, 5-4 etc as long as we win. Yes they are getting scored on a lot but they are still WINNING.

Come on guys as fans we support but when we have a right to be frustrated we have a right too.

They had injuries, they were far behind, we have injuries, we let them come back ... as simple as that !!

Our players are going to be back one by one and we should improve again, so as long as we are at the top of the table, Inter can win any games they want ...

OCmilano
07-02-2011, 21:29
They had injuries, they were far behind, we have injuries, we let them come back ... as simple as that !!

Our players are going to be back one by one and we should improve again, so as long as we are at the top of the table, Inter can win any games they want ...

Perfect. Then we will win this year. I'll stop stressing out.

ACMILAN1983
08-02-2011, 04:12
Proving? The guy is catching up to us with his new team. Please Im really sick of us using this injury excuse. How is inter in the hunt when Julio Ceasar was out for so long, Lucio, sneijder, samuel, etc etc etc.

And I dont mind if we win all our games with scores of 3-2, 5-4 etc as long as we win. Yes they are getting scored on a lot but they are still WINNING.

Come on guys as fans we support but when we have a right to be frustrated we have a right too.

Geotav put the injuries problem into perspective very well. It really is pretty simple and we just need our players back to regain the continuity we had in the first half of the season. For now, it's important to remember we are still in control of our destiny, which is very important.

About Inter leaking goals, as long as they keep winning, this is great for them. However, the fact they concede so much means they are vulnerable, and I won't be surprised if sooner or later that problem comes back to haunt them. It's also worth remembering that historically solid teams often go on to win trophies.

There is cause for concern given how much we've conceded our lead in recent weeks, but a little time (and I really don't think it'll take long now) should be enough for us to get back to our standards.

GeoTav
08-02-2011, 06:49
Geotav put the injuries problem into perspective very well. It really is pretty simple and we just need our players back to regain the continuity we had in the first half of the season. For now, it's important to remember we are still in control of our destiny, which is very important.

About Inter leaking goals, as long as they keep winning, this is great for them. However, the fact they concede so much means they are vulnerable, and I won't be surprised if sooner or later that problem comes back to haunt them. It's also worth remembering that historically solid teams often go on to win trophies.

There is cause for concern given how much we've conceded our lead in recent weeks, but a little time (and I really don't think it'll take long now) should be enough for us to get back to our standards.

And we can also add another problem (linked with their defensive weakness): when they lead a game, they seem unable to control it even when there is a 2 goal margin or more, each time it happened, they gave a chance to their opponent to score and come back in the game ...

I recall you that for example, Roma had a red card, conceded these goals, and then Inter let them play and believe they could come back !! It looks like a usual problem since Leonardo arrived as their coach.

ACMILAN1983
08-02-2011, 09:36
And we can also add another problem (linked with their defensive weakness): when they lead a game, they seem unable to control it even when there is a 2 goal margin or more, each time it happened, they gave a chance to their opponent to score and come back in the game ...

I recall you that for example, Roma had a red card, conceded these goals, and then Inter let them play and believe they could come back !! It looks like a usual problem since Leonardo arrived as their coach.

Very true, they surrender leads too frequently (we've been similar in recent weeks). Let's not forget Inter are weak at set pieces.

They have problems too, but results are going their way of late.

drucurl
08-02-2011, 16:22
Please Leo stop proving you are a better coach then Allegri.

You are ****ing killing me.
+1
Allegri seems to be WASTING the tremendous resources he has right now. Indeed the injuries to crucial players is taking its toll but we shouldn't need world class teams to beat some of the opponents we've faced.

Allegri might have done some good work in the defense but our attack is very disjointed in the latter half of the final third...i.e. ASIDE from our midfield problems. Much of this is Allegri's failure to get Pato and iHomo to gel as well as the duck's regressing (imho) under him due to Allegri so obviously structuring Milan for Ibra. Has ANYBODY EVER seen Pato play as poor as under Allegri...the kid looks to barely be able to pass of late (last game aside).

In a sense Allegri could be forgiven for playing to Ibra's strengths (i.e. like Inter :proud: ) as it has gotten us to the top but Ronaldinho (don't believe the "he wasn't training" nonsense) and I fear Pato might become casualties from this system. Also the ruthless way he dealt with Papa and Yepes makes me wonder how good his PR skills are. The latter two only got to play after all other options have been exhausted and to me they don't look half bad.

Seeing Leo a printer coach is heartbreaking but I don't harbour any ill will to him....he was practically thrown there by Berlusconi :5horse:

jovola
08-02-2011, 17:36
Leo didn't spit on Berlusconi but on Milan AC, and those are, as much as some of you still don't get it, two completely different things. And Allegri is a man who I would give two seasons in the club to measure his results. So stop whining like pu**ies and start being the men like AC supporters should be.

drucurl
08-02-2011, 18:43
Leo didn't spit on Berlusconi but on Milan AC, and those are, as much as some of you still don't get it, two completely different things. And Allegri is a man who I would give two seasons in the club to measure his results. So stop whining like pu**ies and start being the men like AC supporters should be.LOLZ while you're at it remember to s#!h on Carlo, Kaká and Capello for doing the same :wallbang:

Leo was fired because Berlu didn't agree with his methods...imagine if Leo had half the FANTASY squad this dull witted coach now has...We'd be a pleasure to watch. I can't believe I FALL asleep for so many matches of MY own team...the last time that happened so much was whenever I watched a Mourinho chel$ki game. I feel bad about sleeping on the team I support but it's not so much my fault as the paint drying football with an utterly clueless attack that Allegri loves to play. I fear he's not suited to coaching at the highest level...:pom:

jovola
09-02-2011, 09:51
Why, are they joining merda to