AC Milan Forums

AC Milan Forums (http://www.milanmania.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transfers (http://www.milanmania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Summer Mercato 2011 (http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26807)

hitmannq8 31-01-2011 19:22

Summer Mercato 2011

Now that the Winter Mercato has closed, its time to move on to the Summer Mercato. In the last year we have signed no fewer than 11 players. This revolution is expected to continue in the summer as we have about 8 contracts expiring: Nesta, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Jankulovski, Inzaghi, Prince, Amelia, Van Bommel, and now Legrotagglie.

In January, we sold Ronaldinho for 3m and saved 8m of wages and we got Vila, Cassano, Van Bommel, Emanuelson, and Legrotagglie all for about a total of 10m (wages included).

The next month we will see which players will get their contracts renewed. It will also give us an idea of how much we are going to spend next summer. To be fairly honest, despite all this crazy revolution we've had, Milan has not spent a great deal from their pockets since the summer. It's about time Berlusconi gives us a decent enough transfer kitty for the magician Galliani to work with.

Next summer will definitely be about one certain player the entire rossoneri fans will be wishing for...... Summer of 2011 will be about
GANSO

Rumors have flown around that we have signed already Constant, Astori, Marchetti and Lucas Marcelinho (very interesting prospoect) for next season.

Forza Milan and let the revolution begin.

Russo-Neri 31-01-2011 19:47

Not to be a wet blanket, but I think people are becoming a little too enthusiastic about the summer mercato. Milan have developed a habit of not spending much money and we already have 24 million earmarked for Ibra's permanent move (which will be offset by Borriello's sale @ 10 million). That's 14 million right there which will be a huge chunk of what Galliani will be given to spend. That's why I'm not holding my breath for a player like Ganso. He'll cost more than what I imagine we'll have to spend.

But I agree, the next month will be quite telling on what Milan's strategy will be. Who will be given new contracts, who won't? Janku has already said he's gone. Hopefully the sentiment of Berlu on the part of our senatori won't mean he'll do something stupid like sign everyone back because they are "champions" and deserve to end their careers in milan.

GeoTav 31-01-2011 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russo-Neri (Post 592294)
Not to be a wet blanket, but I think people are becoming a little too enthusiastic about the summer mercato. Milan have developed a habit of not spending much money and we already have 24 million earmarked for Ibra's permanent move (which will be offset by Borriello's sale @ 10 million). 1

Well, I think the last two mercatos showed that Galliani and co are working on building a new team slowly but efficiently ... It's why we/I think, with the help of Allegri who sees what misses in the team, that they will buy some missing parts to our team.

A real attacking midfielder is what we need nowadays, because Boateng isn't a real one (but thanks to his work rate, he did well), neither is Robinho (same, the work rate helps him). We need that kind of player who is able to be between the lines and is able to be available for his partners, a link between the midfield and the attack ... Oh, and without forgetting to mention that with a guy like Ganso coming (or another AM), Boateng can play as a central midfielder again. So buying one AM would give us two more solutions instead of one.

Then of course, our management needs to fix our problems in defence (each season, one or two guys get an injury at the worst moment, and among them, there is often Nesta, it's almost become usual, unfortunately ...) and improve it by buying a great RB or a great LB. Given the last performances of both Abate and Antonini, I'd say "let's go for a LB and let's give another year of development to Abate" ... and it could suit to the rumours: Criscito, Coentrao and other potential targets are LBs, not RBs.

kastriot 01-02-2011 07:09

OK than let this thread be the official SUMMER MERCATO thread....if its a bad one it on you Hitman.

Sputnik 01-02-2011 07:15

let me say i support this thread :510:

GeoTav 01-02-2011 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kastriot (Post 592345)
OK than let this thread be the official SUMMER MERCATO thread....if its a bad one it on you Hitman.

:D
I just saw Hitmann created the winter mercato thread too, maybe he gives us luck ?!

Anyway, I saw we're linked again with Cissokho from Lyon (the man who once had weird teeth) ... I'm not sure we need a guy like him. Last year, he needed some months to start to perform well in Lyon, and this season, he's been average, and lately, he has been very bad !! I'm serious, very bad ...

So let's let this guy in France and let's concentrate on real targets, please Galliani, don't start the next mercato with a mistake !!

kastriot 01-02-2011 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoTav (Post 592350)
:D
I just saw Hitmann created the winter mercato thread too, maybe he gives us luck ?!

Anyway, I saw we're linked again with Cissokho from Lyon (the man who once had weird teeth) ... I'm not sure we need a guy like him. Last year, he needed some months to start to perform well in Lyon, and this season, he's been average, and lately, he has been very bad !! I'm serious, very bad ...

So let's let this guy in France and let's concentrate on real targets, please Galliani, don't start the next mercato with a mistake !!

I can`t help but feel we miss out on the Japanese left back...he was widely impressive bot in Seria A and especially in Asian Cup...and was really cheap.

Jay Crisp 01-02-2011 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kastriot (Post 592351)
I can`t help but feel we miss out on the Japanese left back...he was widely impressive bot in Seria A and especially in Asian Cup...and was really cheap.

But he wasn't handsome enough , we are AC Milan afterall :dielaugh:...I hear you Kastriot but sh1t happens...Maybe Vila will be a Maicon of LB.

Aficio 01-02-2011 07:38

Next year we'll have a younger & stronger squad.

Allegri doesn't depend too much on the senators and his style requests movement.

I'm looking forward to Summer Mercato but enjoying watching the team now.

Siregar 01-02-2011 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kastriot (Post 592351)

How do you know he is really cheap? Inter only loan him right? Any info about how much cost the loan and if there is option to buy the player for Inter (and for how much money)?

Thanks before.

kastriot 01-02-2011 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siregar (Post 592356)
How do you know he is really cheap? Inter only loan him right? Any info about how much cost the loan and if there is option to buy the player for Inter (and for how much money)?

Thanks before.

Well apparently the option to buy him was set at 4 mil. Cessena bought him for 1.2 mil

Siregar 01-02-2011 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by kastriot (Post 592357)
Well apparently the option to buy him was set at 4 mil. Cessena bought him for 1.2 mil

Hmm. It is strange. They got Santon as replacement and we coudn't offer such replacement for them (we could only offer Janku since Antonini should be for backup if we get a better player) but we could offer a bit higher (without a loan from us) than what Inter gave.

So, there should be reasons behind our move for Didac and not the japanese left fullback. I hope the reasons describes better abilities from Didac then what the japanese left back.

Well, we can only compare their qualities earliest after the season ends.

Xudong 01-02-2011 09:13

good thread. Hitmannq8 is on fire recently. :)

abbeyleemaniac 01-02-2011 09:48

Nesta's contract should renewed but with lower amount. Boateng is imporant and different element for our squad, his contract should be renewed. i think Amelia will leave if we sign Marchetti as reserve GK. (Honestly i'd rather to have Sirugu or Handanovic yet Marchetti looks decent option so i wont complain)

Jankulovski will return to homeland, Legro and Van Bommel shouldnt be renewed if you aske me. Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini, lets look ahead, renew who deserves it but with lower wages, also small term contracts...

Regarding reinforcements, indeed Lucas is an interesting proscpect, then Constant looked to me a fairly good player, would be good addition to our squad. Marchetti is decent as vice GK. However Astori is not enough for CB spot, i'd rather to go for Mexes, who is free agent next season. its likely transfer for us considering we need a solid Cb and his free agent, as you know Galliani's freebies love.

Then, Lets focus on world class signings, Ganso, Left wing back(Coentraro), Jucieli. we have room for signing 2-3 world class players, Ganso, Coentraro and Jucilei...

kastriot 01-02-2011 10:03

Galliani will not miss on Mexes,i`m 100% sure. His just playing it right not to upset Roma( he and Rosella Sensi are good friends). I don`t think when it comes to Milan(champion) or Roma (not even secured 4th place) mexes will chose Roma.

If we get Mexes for free, with additional 60 mil (which is reasonable) we can get 2-3 great player to add to our existing ones to be great again. However i`m not sure how will Galliani consider the 24 mil invested in Ibra which should be payed this season.???!!!!

Maltese Charlie 01-02-2011 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siregar (Post 592359)
Hmm. It is strange. They got Santon as replacement and we coudn't offer such replacement for them (we could only offer Janku since Antonini should be for backup if we get a better player) but we could offer a bit higher (without a loan from us) than what Inter gave.

I think Janku is the only player we could NOT offer.:ilol:

As I heard him saying that he is leaving at the end of this season to play in his country.

Aficio 01-02-2011 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kastriot (Post 592368)
If we get Mexes for free, with additional 60 mil (which is reasonable) we can get 2-3 great player to add to our existing ones to be great again. However i`m not sure how will Galliani consider the 24 mil invested in Ibra which should be payed this season.???!!!!

We only need to pay 8M for Ibra's transfer next season (24M in 3 years) and we'll receive 10M from Borriello.

Roma could be sold this season, so things are getting more complicate.

LebRN 01-02-2011 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac (Post 592365)
However Astori is not enough for CB spot, i'd rather to go for Mexes, who is free agent next season. its likely transfer for us considering we need a solid Cb and his free agent, as you know Galliani's freebies love.

We all know Galliani has had a thing for Mexes for years now...could it be hair related? :5nana:

hitmannq8 01-02-2011 11:09

Just to remind a few users:

Ibra is currently a Barca player on loan to Milan, we will buy him next season with start paying 3 installments of 8m starting next summer. We will not pay the full in the summer. We will also need to pay for Amelia (2m) and for Boateng (undisclosed) an amount to own his full rights. I think we also need to take Strasser and Beretta's full rights.

Robinho: "Ganso will not go to Inter as he is a Milanista. I hope to play again with him again."

GeoTav 01-02-2011 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmannq8 (Post 592373)
Just to remind a few users:

Ibra is currently a Barca player on loan to Milan, we will buy him next season with start paying 3 installments of 8m starting next summer. We will not pay the full in the summer. We will also need to pay for Amelia (2m) and for Boateng (undisclosed) an amount to own his full rights. I think we also need to take Strasser and Beretta's full rights.

Robinho: "Ganso will not go to Inter as he is a Milanista. I hope to play again with him again."

About Amelia and Boateng, I'm 100% sure that they're normal loans ... I mean by that, if we don't want to keep them, we won't keep them and pay anything. For Ibra, it's different, after his loan, we must buy the player.

So what I mean is that Boateng will surely stay in Milan, but for Amelia, I have huge doubts he will stay in Milan ...

About Strasser and Beretta, it would be pointless to pay again the 50% we gave this season ... let's let these guys develop for one more year, and then we'll see if they are worth investing on them. Strasser showed some promising things, but he is 21 and isn't a regular in our first team (+ his injury didn't help: it was THE moment to take a place, like Merkel, in our team with all our players injured in midfield, I'm sorry to say such a thing but I think Strasser missed the train !!). Beretta is among the promising "old school" Italian strikers, he is young, I would send him on loan in a Serie B (or low table Serie A) team ...

I think it's more important for the strikers to get experience in Serie B/A, more than for the midfielders, because they must learn to play against old, experienced and sometimes vicious :D defenders, whereas a midfielder, if he's smart, will adapt more easily with the adults IMO ...

hitmannq8 01-02-2011 11:45

if we wait longer, their prices will increase...

Elmago99 01-02-2011 11:47

These are exciting times to be a Milanista. We have spent on Ibra & Robinho, and I understand we don't pay for Ibra until Summer 2011. However, the way we've started this revolution confuses me. Galliani has done a great job not spending a lot and getting some quality players, but for 1-2 WC players, we'll need to splash some cash. Will he? We don't know... So far, Galliani has only done deals that were in his favor. What about a deal for Ganso, Jucilei, Coentrao, or a must needed CB where we can't get a discount? Will we not buy??? That's the question none of us know yet....

In terms of renewals, I don't think anyone is safe.

Has to go!
Jankulovski, Legrottaglie, Amelia, Seedorf, Bonera (sell)

May stay, May go
Pirlo, Ambrosini, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Van Bommel

Will Stay
Boateng, Roma, Nesta

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wild Card is Didac Vila. We've never really seen him play, and we don't know if he can be World Class or not. Therefore, I think Milan Management will wait to see if we need a LB.

My instinct tells me we plan on making following moves:

* Ganso, ACM
* Lucas Marcellinho (ONLY IF GANSO FAILS)
* Coentrao if Vila fails
* Astori
* Marchetti
* Lazzari if Ambro/Seedorf/Pirlo leave
* Juclei if Ambro/Seedorf/Pirlo/Van Bommel leave
* Mexes

I wouldn't release Van Bommel until I see how he performs this season. As far as Vila, he's a very important piece to our puzzle and I'm curious to see how he does. If he fails, I'm sure all of us will really want Coentrao.

Mexes will come to Milan, I truly think this will happen. However, will he be a Nesta Backup? or a Nesta Replacement? We all probably hope for the former.

Elmago99 01-02-2011 12:09

I want to win Scudetto this year because as a Club, we've underachieved domestically, and some have even said Milan "Doesn't Care" about Serie A.
This is the priority for this year, and I want to beat INTER!

However, I want to re-pay Ibrahimovic for coming to Milan by winning Champions League, a trophy he wants BADLY:frustrat:
I'm sure Galliani told him to join Milan who has success in Champions League and that he'd win it with us.....

This is the squad with the chance to win the treble: :p283::p283::p283:

STRIKERS:
Ibrahimovic
Pato
Robinho
Cassano (Italian)
Inzaghi (Italian)

MIDFIELDERS:
Ganso
Lucas Marcellinho
Pirlo (Italian)
Gattuso (Italian)
Ambrosini/Van Bommel (Italian)
Flamini
Boateng
Urby
Merkel
Strasser
Jucilei

DEFENDERS:
Nesta (Italian)
T. Silva
Mexes
Astori
(Italian)
Yepes
Sokratis
Vila/Coentrao
Abate (Italian)
Zambrotta (Italian)
Antonini (Italian)

GOALKEEPERS:
Abbiati (Italian)
Marchetti/Sirigu (Italian)
Roma (Italian)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Squad Size:
28-32 Players (We now have 31 Players)
12 Italians

Aficio 01-02-2011 12:49

Nice work, Elmago99 ^^

Robinho said: Ganso is Rossoneri and wants to play with him :D

Why not, an attack of Binho, Pato & Ganso is very good for both Milan & Brazil.

Gabriel489 01-02-2011 13:34

Seedorf, Bonera, Van Bommel, Legro, Oddo, Zambro, Amelia, and Janku should be gone.

Pirlo is on the bubble, I say let him go if there is an offer of 15mil or more.

Mexes is a sure bet now, just hope they sign Santacroce too. Since Inter got Nagatomo, lets see if Santon is available from Cessena.
Ganso, Hernanes and Jucelei will be enough for the midfield.

ACMILAN1983 01-02-2011 13:37

Didn't Robinho also keep saying Kaka wanted to play at Man City during his time there?

patos older bro 01-02-2011 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 (Post 592401)
Didn't Robinho also keep saying Kaka wanted to play at Man City during his time there?

no i think robinho rang him up and tryed to convince him to come to city but kaka dint want to

Gabriel489 01-02-2011 13:51

Robinho said, it would be great if Kaka can join him at City.

Aficio 01-02-2011 13:55

A nice teammate in NT becomes a teammate in his club, that's what Robinho wants :D

abbeyleemaniac 01-02-2011 15:04

Kozak continues to impress me...he would be great addition as vice ibra...

dejo 01-02-2011 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel489 (Post 592399)
Seedorf, Bonera, Van Bommel, Legro, Oddo, Zambro, Amelia, and Janku should be gone.

Pirlo is on the bubble, I say let him go if there is an offer of 15mil or more.

Mexes is a sure bet now, just hope they sign Santacroce too. Since Inter got Nagatomo, lets see if Santon is available from Cessena.
Ganso, Hernanes and Jucelei will be enough for the midfield.

why don't we buy the whole brazilian national team :D....Ganso should be enough,Poli is also good for the midfield,Mexes as a CB and maybe Alex...

Ace 01-02-2011 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac (Post 592411)

Didn't he just injure 2 of our subs?

he didn't do much besides that tbh... :D

MilanMikey 01-02-2011 16:58

thats all he did injure 2 of our players.. hes useless piece of ****, dirty player i wish he touched ibra

Nalx 01-02-2011 17:08

Quote:

Vice is his only quality shown tonight.

Gabriel489 01-02-2011 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dejo (Post 592464)
why don't we buy the whole brazilian national team :D....Ganso should be enough,Poli is also good for the midfield,Mexes as a CB and maybe Alex...

Considering they are the most talented team out there, why not. Ideally, I would have add Luiz and Marcelo too.

GeoTav 01-02-2011 21:23

Quote:

This guy needs some time off the pitches of football ... A ring would be more appropriate.

Gabriel489 02-02-2011 00:39

Galli should really complain about Kozak to the Union, as Serie A already has a bad rep about intention to injure, guys like Kozak, coach like Reja and team like Lazio needs to be taught a lesson about injuring opposing players. If stuff like this continues, there will not be any top class players playing their trade in Serie A, as they know their career might end in any league games their play due to guys like Kozak and Matrix.

ACMILAN1983 02-02-2011 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by patos older bro (Post 592404)
no i think robinho rang him up and tryed to convince him to come to city but kaka dint want to

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel489 (Post 592405)
Robinho said, it would be great if Kaka can join him at City.

Fair enough.

Quote:

The guy was complete scum last night. He was poor leading the line and couldn't have been more dirtier. He elbowed Bonera and his foul on Legro was no doubt intentional.

He also elbowed many times when challenging for the ball, and Yepes was lucky he wasn't cut open as well.

He should have been sent off, and I seriously hope he gets suspended for his acts.

Siregar 02-02-2011 10:39

I read that there are discussions about adding the non-EU spot from 1 to 2 players (like before)? Lucas (Marcelinho) and Jucilei? :D

I am definitely against rules of non-EU spot players. It's really unfair. If Italy want to protect their players, it shouldn't be non-EU or EU but non-Italian and Italian one.

kakacmilan best 02-02-2011 10:51

Barcelona Monitor Brazil Under-20 Stars Neymar And Lucas - Report
Barcelona sent their chief scout to the South American U-20 Championships, where he has been wowed by Brazil's Neymar and Lucas...
By Daniel Edwards

The stellar performances of Brazil duo Neymar and Lucas in the South American Under-20 Championships have attracted attention from across the Atlantic, with Barcelona reportedly keeping close tabs on the pair's exploits in Peru.

Mundo Deportivo report that the Spanish giants have sent head of the scouting department Albert Valentin to observe the Brazilian side, who remain unbeaten in the tournament and head the final stage after one game. While Argentine stars Sergio Araujo, Rogelio Funes Mori and Juan Iturbe have impressed the official, it is apparently Santos prodigy Neymar and Sao Paulo's Lucas, both 18, who have caught Valentin's eye over the rest.

Neymar was identified in the report as the 'tournament star', and is the runaway top scorer so far with seven goals in five games. The newspaper however did make reference to the forward's "divisive character" and described him as "proud and arrogant". Lucas meanwhile was dubbed a "midfielder with great technical ability", although it was also made clear that despite the close attention there was no immediate suggestion of an approach from the Liga champions.

NOT GOOD FOR US