Thread: A little story
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 16:11   #5

XZeRo3003

Registered User
 
XZeRo3003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2004
Location: USA, San Francisco Bay area, California
Fave Players: Marquez, Kaká, Pires, Henry
XZeRo3003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I thought I'd post a little story I told a couple of friends lately. I've decided to put it up as it can relate to Milan at this point of the season, but I decided to put it in the members paradise section, as it can be looked at in other ways. Anyway...

Once, two men entered a bar. One man was loud and brash, always trying to impress others and looking to meet new people. The other was quiet, almost never saying a word unless spoken to.

Naturally, the loud man became friends with many of the local customers while the quiet man sat, simply having his drink.

The loud man showed his new friends his various skills and abilities, impressing them and earning respect. The quiet man didn't earn such respect.

However, when the loud man made mistakes, the people lost all confidence and respect that they had for him, as they were disappointed that a man they looked up to so much could make such mistakes.

The quiet man by this point had also gained some new friends, people who had an interest in finding out about him. He also began impressing people with what he could do, but unlike the loud man, he would show his abilities in times when they were necessary, rather than boasting about them.

When the quiet man made mistakes, people never lost respect for him, as unlike the loud man, the quiet man never led people to believe he was great and someone they should admire, but simply showed them who he was.


I hope you guys like my little story. Its up to you to decide what it is...as it can be just a story about two men, it can be a story about football, it can be a story about something else altogether or it can just plain cr@p, thats for you to decide.

Nice story, and VERY true. I've got a question though, what was the original reason for which you posted this story?
XZeRo3003 is offline   Reply With Quote