View Single Post
Old 28-11-2004, 16:04   #36

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
This is on GOAL.COM:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Deco: I Deserve The Balon D'Or
11/28/2004 8:12:00 PM
Deco has declared that he deserves to win the Balon D’Or after scoring the goal that gave Barcelona victory over Getafe.
The Portuguese midfielder is on the list of nominations for the award given by France Fotball and has decided that he is should be the winner.

"The great players are always there in the decisive moments, that’s when they shine, and I was always there at the difficult times for Porto and playing well," he explained.

"Without doubt, because of that I think that I deserve the Balon D’Or."

Barça won 2-1 in the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez to move nine points clear at the top of the table on Saturday night.
------------------------------------------------------------------
What a f*cking joke - all sorts of players and coaches, including Murinho, have said that Sheva is the worthy Golden Ball Winner and since nobody has backed him up, the "mighty" Deco has decided to do it himself.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote