Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Egoistka
Fair play and CLASS are different things....(in my opinion at least)
|
No sweetie, I beg to disagree, they are part and parcel of each other, and you cannot have one, without the other.
Fair play demonstrates class, while class is also partially defined by exhibiting fair play.
The bottom line for me, is that Mourinho doesnt have the "class" to coach/manage a team of Milanīs stature. He can go and play his version of "Championship Manager" with Abramovichīs money (still without obtaining the ultimate target, 2 seasons running), and with a club that previously hadnt won anything for
50 years.
Milan have never gone 25 years without winning something.
There are very few people in Europe (apart from perdenti and Zebra fans) who have ill to say about Milan, from players, to managers, to opposing fans.
Capello is the only coach that can claim to have something against Milan (though Terim also has a case), and this (these) for me is (are) the exception(s) that prove the rule.
I think it is unfair of you to also criticise our president, without whom, we would probably be in Serie B, and none of us would be having this discussion!
While I am closer to your side of things in the sense that I dislike him as a person, mainly for his right wing policies, I adore him as a fellow Milanista, a fellow fan who puts his money where his mouth is...he came from humble beginnings, and is now a billionaire...stupid people dont accumulate that much power and money.
None of our recent success, and I mean the 20 years under his presidency, would have been possible without his patronage. None. The terrific trio of Gullit Kijkaard, and Van Basten were lured to Milan because of Berlu.
Rui Costa came to Milan on his intervention, and his intervention alone. Shevchenko is staying at Milan because of his good relationship with our president. Gilardino came to Milan again through Berluīs involvement (not that you care for him, the future of Milanīs strikeforce...but on an aside: How many players, new to a club, comes in and scores 15 goals 3/4 way through his first season?)
Rui Costa, in the event you didnt know, is a gentleman, and exudes class...he would have scorned Milan had he felt Berlu to be crass, or classless, as some owners can sometimes be.
Suffice it to say that I think your response to Gio was an example of "Classlessness" in the extreme, and your use of language such as those directives about where on your anatomy he could "lick", wont be tolerated here.
I say that not because we are disagreeing on this point, but because we pride ourselves on being, like our club: classy, and those that dont have that level of class, are invited to post elsewhere...or support other clubs, who are as classless as they are.
We do not tolerate personal attacks, nor the use of foul or abusive language.
Thanks for your attention.