View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 02:52   #24

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Maldini played full 90 minutes, I dont think he'll start. Pirlo for some STRANGE reason started against Lecce and played 60 minutes. Kaka, Sheva, Gattuso was rested and Seedorf, Pippo came in as subs so they'll surely play IMO.

Costacurta was rested, but really, he should not start as we have both Stam and Cafu available. I think we should start with Stam because I dont think Cafu can do the job given that he's recently been back to injury. The central defence will continue with Kaladze and Nesta, and I think Carlo will bring in Maldini and play with 5 defenders to defend a one goal lead sometime near the end. Serginho also must start at the left as there is no one that can do the job better than him right now.

Up front I hope to see Sheva and Pippo. If Pippo is having a bad game (which is 5% of the time), we should put in Rui Costa, Vogel, Marek, anyone but NOT Gilardino. I dont think he has what it takes to change a game or take part in a European game just yet. If the game is 3-0, then Gila can come in and get a goal to boost his confidence.

Forza Milan, and I know we can beat this Lyon team, I just hope we make it through. This game is very dangerous, more than potential semi and final.

I wish the Milan fans dont stop singing. People who live around Milan are so lucky really, if i was there i would be sittin in the front row shouting my ass off and cheering them till the last minute.. I hope the rest of the fans at the San Siro will feel the same way I feel..

Just a bit over half a day till the game. MILAN PER SEMPRE!
I dsiasgree with the "NOT" gilardino. What's a better time for him to prevail than in a quarter final? Yes, you are right in the sense that he may not be ready for the big stage yet, but he'll never be ready if he is not given the chance, GIVEN THAT he HAS the potential to play well.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote