Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bram
i think that doctor Meersseman and his colleagues of the Milan Lab exactly know which players could be tired and which couldn't. I think some people underestimate the Milan Lab, but in my eyes it's a decisive factor inthe Milan success in recent years.
So if everyone is fit i would start with the strongest team available. And i wouldn't change a lot for the Barca-game as there are both important. Maybe players like Maldini and Cafu, who are back from injury, should be rested for the Barca-game, but then is the question have they played enough to start against Barca ? The Milan-staff knows the physical condition of the players so they will decide. But i should start with the strongest side possible. Although Andrea Pirlo maybe replaced by Massimo Ambrosini. Pirlo is not in his best shape recently and maybe it's better he only plays one game of the two.
|
Bram, you make some very good points throughout the post. I agree with you on virtually everything. With the game moved to Friday, I am not that worried about our players getting tired or something for the Barca game. Most of my concerns have to do with possible injuries to players like Kaka and Sheva, who would get knocked around a lot more than anyone else on the pitch, given how Inter play the derbies. Players like Materazzi, Samuel, and Cordoba often seem very, very likely to injure on of our players, especially Kaka and Sheva. Thank god Veron won't make it for the game as he is another hot-headed SoB.
I also think that if someone needs to be rested, that is Pirlo and we have a nice replacement for him in the face of Vogel and maybe even Ambro. As for Maldini and Cafu, I would play them now as, if they don't play vs Inter, they will hardly get the match fitness they need to play vs a team like Barca.