View Single Post
Old 26-04-2006, 19:26   #342

kenny_shev

Registered User
 
kenny_shev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fave Players: sheva and Milan team
kenny_shev
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm
There's no doubt that we were robbed tonight. I don't care how many chances Barca created, because I think if you look at both legs, then both teams created a fairly equal amount of goal scoring opportunities.
And it really doesn't matter how well Barca played - because you don't deserve to win just because you play well. The only thing that matters is scoring goals. Barca scored one goal, we scored one goal - the only difference was that ours was disallowed for a non-existent foul.

I do NOT think Barcelona deserved to go through to the final. They should have lost tonight, and the match should have gone to extra time. And I think this would have made them really nervous, while our confidence would have been boosted.
I dont think we were robbed tonight at all. Though I am proud of Milan and the way we tried to impose our plays on Barca, I have to say Barca deserved their ticket to the final. They created more clear-cut chances than us and played well the whole game. Many here mentioned and blamed the outcome of the match on the disallowed goal. The goal was scored when Valdez heard the whistle and he stopped. Hadnt the whistle been blown, Valdez might have saved the header.

If I need something to blame for our loss, I would blame it on luck that we had to play messina while Barca were rested. We were clearly tired in final minutes of the match (Kaka even seemed not 100% fit for the entire match). I would also wish that we had taken our chances better in the first leg. Having come to the Nou Camp to chase the game, the task was made twice difficult.

On the positive notes, the old Dida is back and Stam had a wonderful performance all night. It would be sad seeing him leaving us.

Although I am not blaming the ref for the outcome of the match, he sure frustrated the hell out of me. In a match of this calibre with so much at stakes, the official just simply cannot make that many mistakes.

All in all, If there is to be another team in the CL final, I wouldnt mind it being Barca at all. Tough luck for us !! I am proud of Milan as an ESPN commentator said tonight '..This team (Milan) has proudly carried the Italian colors in CL football in recent years '

Our season isnt over yet. I still believe in the Scudetto. Forza Milan !!
kenny_shev is offline   Reply With Quote