Quote:
|
Originally Posted by rahul.acm
I had heard that he wants to quit coz he doesn't want to tax his body anymore. If he wants to relax why will he join us coz we have very tight fixtures and serie a can be very physical!
|
well, because he has never played for Milan and almost all players who have ever been in our club have said that this is the perfect place to be at. Plus, it's not like he would be playing wed-sun fixtures. right now in Real he is the one player the formation starts from and this indeed could be a problem for a 33-34 yo player. But at Milan, if he comes at all, his appearances will not be as frequent as they are now with Real M.
The way I see us profitting from such move is to let Rui go to Benfica and get Zidane in his place. If given proper rest and played in games a whole week apart, I think there is still lots of first-class football in Zizou. Right now he looks sort of spent in his games for Real but I don't think the reason for this is because he's spent as a player but simply because Real treat him as if he is 20yo and play him with 3-4 days of rest when he isn't injured. Actually, even a 20 yo might have problems with keeping up with his current schedule.