Re: Pessotto, point taken Kui.
Re: Tight fisted transfer policy? Off topic, but I had to comment:
Can some statistically inclined person please tell me what we have spent in the last 10 years on transfers, compared to say...Juve or Inter...plus mentioning what silverware was won over the same timeframe?
I can assure you, I am glad that Berlu et al is not like Moratti, dumping Millions of pounds for 2 Coppa Italias. Madrid, for example, have easily spent over 150 Million pounds in the last 3 years...and what have they won? Nothing.
For me, so far so good...Berlu was the Ambramovitch of his day, and he splashed out unheard of sums for the Dutch trio, then paid them an insane amount of money for the time. The amount of money spent ultimately for me, is not the issue, its what we
accomplished with the spend that is for me, important.
Chelsea have won two EPL titles on the trot..but have yet to reach the UCL final...when Berlu splashed his cash initially, the UCL was almost immediate...this from a club that had recently been promoted to Serie A...not forever alsorans, like Chelsea.
Back to the topic:
I will always grin, smile, laugh, and do cartwheels whenever I hear something that could be to the demise of Juve, Inter, Man Utd, and Chelsea (this last only recently I confess). For Juve to be faced with relegation is the only happy note for me after a long, and ultimately depressing season and immediate post season, what with $heva´s departure.
So, forgive me please for laughing at Juve, forgive me for hoping that as a result of this scandal, that the Serie A will be better off for it. Forgive me for hoping that the Gobbi go down to Serie C, and as for Italian football being weaker? Give me a break...you cannot be serious! When Milan was demoted, did Italian football suffer? Did the standards drop precipitously?
Italians love their football, more than any other sport...so why would it grind to a halt, be forever depreciated, because Juve is in B? Gimmie a break!
The fact that Milan got dragged into this scandal was for me, only a matter of time..we are "the next big target", so why would we be excluded from a witch hunt, or accusations of impropriety? (Moratti must be spending millions for Inter to be excluded from all of this! Good, hopefully this will limit what he spends in the transfer window!

)
I still maintain that we (Milan) will emerge unscathed(IMO)...Meani may be banned, Galliani as well...but the club, which is bigger than any individual, will survive, in Serie A, (and long live Berlu, and his money!) and we wont be relegated, wont face point deductions, and will be whistling dixie, or whatever Italians whistle, as we stroll merrily toward a double trophy winning season next term....
(Kui, you can now use this to lambast me if we do face sanctions at the end of the day).
Now, I am renowned as one of the all time leading pragmatists here..so why is it that I am all sunshine about this issue?
Its because I refuse to believe that we are guilty, or anywhere near as guilty as Juve is/was....and will maintain this position, and will continue to believe, regardless of the verdict these retired judges present us with....until irrevocable evidence is unearthed that we
are indeed guilty.
Until such time, I will not fret, worry, or concern myself with what will happen to Milan, since as I have stated millions of times, I believe us innocent, or victims as Tio Silvio stated.
PS: The verdicts will still leave us plenty of time to reinforce the defense, and replace Sheva.
