View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:34   #522

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tas
A new thought: I don't really think that Tevez is inteligent enough, and we could use sume inteligence upfront Maybe Torres is bit better inteligence-wise but he's not a Cassano type of a player, whereas Tevez somewhat is.
I definately don't agree with this. I think Tevez is quite tactically adept and disciplined, and showed more intelligent play in this WC than Torres imho. Honestly, I think Tevez does have room to improve, but I think he's probably the most complete young forward in the game today.

There are elements of Peckerman's attacking system which I don't like where one forward will usually stay more central and the other will spread into wide-areas (Tevez played this role more yesterday). Whilst this will effectively help stretch an opponents defence, I find the forwards become more isolated individuals rather than working as a unit, which makes it more difficult for them to create goalscoring chances (especially the one playing in Tevez's role yesterday).

Martin, please don't swear, I don't expect to have to edit anymore posts in the future, thank you.
ACMILAN1983 is offline