Thread: Ask Brasileiro!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:49   #113

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul.acm
Milan search for new Kaka

Milan general manager Ariedo Brieda will travel to South America in the hope of unearthing another young starlet. The Rossoneri already have Brazilians Kaka, Ricardo Oliveira, Dida, Cafu and Serginho on their books and club chief Adriano Galliani confirmed they were looking for more.

"Ariedo will go to South America for around 15 to 20 days," said Galliani.

"He has already made some great finds, like he did with Kaka. Appropriate talents are to be economically affordable.

"Signings like Ronaldinho are possible when the player is still at Gremio or Paris-Saint Germain.

"But when he is at a club like Barcelona, you can't get him unless you pay 60 or 70 million euros [£40-46 million]"

Gremio midfielder Lucas Pezzini is reportedly on Milan's radar, with Inter and Juventus also interested.

The 19-year-old has an EU passport courtesy of his Italian origins, and had been compared with holding players such as Emerson and Dunga.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/se...o1002207.shtml


To tell you the truth I was really happy when I read that, but come to think of it, we may actually end up with nothing. Remember how Galliani and Braida went to Brazil/Arg during the summer transfer window? They went to find a striker? They tried to get Sobis but they failed and came back to Milan with nothing? They also went to Real Madrid to get Ronaldo and came back with nothing. This trip does not necessarily mean we will sign 5 players in Jan, infact we will most likely end up with no one (if our transfer policy remains the same).

Im really hoping for Marcelo, not so much for Lucas. I also would like someone to be a substitute for Kaka. And another world class midfielder to substitute between Pirlo/Gourcuff/Seedorf and prolly someone to replace Gattuso (maybe even permanently). But still, midfield isnt our priority, this would only be the final touches.

IMO, the most important is a striker that will not need time to fit in the team and start getting goals immediately, and prolly a CB. A RB also. Damn, I know I've said we need like 7 players but to tell you the truth, we really do need that many players. We cant compete with Chelsea, Barca, Real and teams like that with subs in the likes of Ambrosini, Brocchi, Kaladze, Simic, Boriello, Costacurta, and Bonera.

I know its extremely unrealistic, but also wrong to just change 7 players in one window, but I'd like it if they slowly start doing it. They have already made a mistake in not starting a year ago buying younger players to replace Serginho, Cafu, Maldini, Costacurta etc. Maybe this Jan we can get a striker, and a RB, that is where we urgently need help. Then maybe if we have time to negotiate for an attacking midfielder to rest Kaka or to replace Kaka if he gets injured, or maybe even a CB.

We are goin to be linked to aloooooot of names in the next 2 weeks cuz of Braida's presence in South America. I will try not to believe everything even though I really will wish part of it will be true.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote