Thread: Winter Mercato
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2007, 21:24   #970

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Tony, I wouldnt be too unhappy with Juve's transfer policy if I were you. It is incredible how you guys managed to keep so many stars despite playing in serie b. Imagine having the best GK in the world, Nedved, Trez, Camo, Del Piero in serie b!!! I can assure you if Milan were to have gone down, we would have Kalac in goal, Billy and Paolo in defence and Boriello in attack---the rest may very well have bailed.

Secondly, Juve's transfer policy and PLAN once they return to serie a has already started. They've already picked up some promising players (all in their 20's which these days at Milan is unheard of ) and have concrete plans to reinforce the squad in the long run. You've got an excellent manager and if all goes to plan, Juve will again be a dominant force in the not too distant future.

Contrast that with our transfer policy. No long term vision, only short term solutions. No correction of current problems, only denying that they exist. Going after 30 year old players for virtually all positions---I mean if we dont get Oddo, then what, what's plan b, Cafu for another five years? At least one gets a sense as to where Juve will be in the next five years and who their main protagonists might be. But as for Milan, I dont have a clue. When Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso, Paolo, Janku, Pippo retire---who will take their places? We should be grooming some replacements now, rather than picking up band aids like Favalli.
rt9 is offline