View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 05:36   #95

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
It looks like Maldini will be starting, when in fact, we should be playing Bonera...I might get shot for this, but I am actually looking forward to Maldini´s retirement...if he leads the defense like he did vs Inter...then we wont be going far in this UCL game...

On the other hand, maybe the rest is what he needed...I dont kno, I just prefer Bonera...but Maldini´s UCL experience may serve us better.

Glad that Carlo has to make this call...and not me.

The thing with the Inter game is that he'd played against Celtic in midweek and it's clear he just doesn't have 2 games in 3/4 days in him anymore. In one off games like this, i'm still confident in his abilities. However, playing both Nesta & Maldini together when neither are fully match fit would be a bit of a worry for me. Bonera should start alongside one of them.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote