Quote:
|
Originally Posted by icculus
couple paradigms in all sports:
1- never looked past your next opponent
2- anyone can beat anyone on a given day
3- experience counts a lot
4- always have faith in your team...
|
Love the last one there. So often we forget that little detail of the heart when we're chatting up stats and history.
and *le gasp* you forgot one:
5- the best haircut always wins.
Step-overs of doom? Fine. But I beleive Mr. C. Ronaldo will never match the coiffed genius of the greasy Italian hair.
My stand on this semi-final clash is a bit different. It may have something to do with the feeling of zen coming over me after working out some family problems this weekend. I'm hoping for a good performance, but I will not be too dissapointed with a loss. There isn't anything Milan can do against Man. Utd to make me want to rip my heart out...except go 10 down that is. I feel as if we've got nothing to lose because we've kinda seen the worst this season, especially the beginning and still we've made it thus far. Farther than many would have expected us to. I know our history, I know how we fight. All that's left now is to go out there and play some good football without losing our heads. Simple.
Okay, okay. Maybe not so simple.