Thread: Winter Mercato
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:01   #2489

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Easy there guys...gotta be the devil's advocate on this one....not that anyone should mind anyhow

First of all Kaka is better than CR7. I think that is pretty obvious. However he isn't head and shoulders better....just better. But Let's not forget that CR7 has his good qualities too

Speed :Cr7 > Kaka albeit marginally. Kaka doesn't look fast but he is nad when you can blow past a guy like Messi (WITH THE BALL) then you're closer to a corvette than a camry. CR7 looks faster than he truly is because he runs on his toes.
Vision : KAKA > CR7...when Kaka gets Seedorf's vision then he would be the most dangerous player ever....
Overall Technique: CR7> Kaka. I am only giving CR7 the edge because he takes and scores a lot of free-kicks. CR7 is also equally capable with both feet. Actually this is more Carlo's fault than KAKA
CR7 is better with both feet as well.
Versatility: Kaka>>>>> CR7. On the most crucial night of Milan's season Ancelotti decides that Kaka should strike....and the kid works even more magic..... Fergie tried to turn CR7 into a right sided forward....and we all know how that went
Dribbling Kaka> Cr7 This might surprise you initially but consider this...who had more dribbling tricks....Denilson or Zidane? But whose dribbling was more effective?? I rest my case.
Shooting: KAKA by a mile. if you don't agree with this you have NEVER SEEN KAKA

So I agree that Kaka> CR7...but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If we lost instead of won last night...my opinion would have reamined the same (as it does about Gila )
I disagree with one of those. I'd say it's more like...

Technique: Kaka
The rest: agreed.

However, that's only comparing their technical abilities. Kaka's biggest strength is his ability to dominate games and be the driving force of the team. CRonaldo still doesn't have that edge and quality to his game, and is still not producing at the highest level. Kaka is also a lot harder to stop than Ronaldo, whose game is actually surprisingly easy to read and can be stopped dead with some smart tactical decisions. That was what happened in the tie.

Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo is good, but no way is he at the level Kaka is, nor would I say he's amongst the very best in the world. I agree with Zlatanov on this case, that if Ronaldo continues this progress, he'll never be able to reach those heights.
ACMILAN1983 is offline