|
Manuel Rui Costa has urged his former Milan teammates to beat Liverpool in the Champions League Final. “Do it for me too!”
The Portuguese midfielder was on the field when the Rossoneri lost on penalties after a 3-3 draw in 2005 in Istanbul and even though he has moved on, he has not forgotten that bond.
“Who, like me, has had the fortune to live in the Milan family does not forget and never stops feeling a part of it,” he told the official club website.
“I understood that when I returned to Benfica, a very sentimental choice that took me back to my roots and was a dream I had since I was a child and first left Lisbon.
“Milan enters your veins and never goes away, so I want to tell everyone at the club that my heart will be with all of you in Athens.”
Just two years after that fateful day when a 3-0 lead was frittered away in the space of six minutes, the Diavolo have the opportunity to take revenge by facing Liverpool again on May 23.
“I am proud of what you have been able to achieve in this incredibly difficult season and I know you’ll close it with the class and the courage that only Milan can express in these ‘special moments!” continued Rui Costa.
“So beat Liverpool, and it will be a small revenge for me as well. Good luck!”
---------------------------------------------------------------
If this is not motivation then I dont know what is, honestly if I was a Milan player and read this id be burning to get on to that field.
|