View Single Post
Old 23-05-2007, 05:42   #697

rome1977

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2007
rome1977 is on a distinguished road
Well, it's been fun being here these past few weeks.

And now finally, the big day has arrived.

Funnily enough I was more nervous in May 2005. I am not nervous today at all. Perhaps nerves will set in as kick-off draws closer.

I know many are predicting a much tighter game this time round. I'm not so sure.

I think in Kaka and Pirlo, you will always be threatening to score goals, but at the other end, I think your defence is weak to the threats we can pose it (eg Crouch and also when he is not on the pitch, counter attacks).

Essentially, your attack is strong, your defence is weak. I think Rafa will instruct the likes of Risse, Agger, Gerrard and Kuyt to shoot when given half a chance. Dida is a weak link, who suffers from confidence issues. imho

Regarding Liverpool, we are more balanced across defence/offence. We rarely concede, but yet we rarely threaten to run amok at the other end.

I imagine that we will hassle and harry Milan when they have the ball............and when we have it, I expect it to be zipped around at pace. That will help tire out Milan's aging legs at the back and in midfield.

My only questions regard team selection/tactis. If Rafa goes with the aerial threat of Crouch from the start, then he will need to have someone like Pennant to supply the crosses. Thus I suspect we will either see none of them start the game, or else both.
But they will play a part at some point I imagine. But in using them, that would be very attack minded.

The most likely starting lineup will have essentilly five across midfield, with one of these (Gerrard) supporting the lone striker (Kuyt). That would be my best guess.

Anyways, I raise a glass of Guinness (I am in N Ireland) to you all inhere. I hope we get a great game. I can't say I want to see another like last time, because I am unsure if my heart could come through that again.

All my best wishes.
rome1977 is offline   Reply With Quote