View Single Post
Old 24-05-2007, 13:13   #1237

redconn

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Location: CT, USA
Fave Players: The Kaiser & Crouch
redconn is on a distinguished road
only disagree with a couple of things 1983

Kuyt was played onside when the ball went off Maldini's head

Pennant & Gerrard had very clear chances - they just finished (or didn't) weakly. Had either of them put any more on their shot, any comments about handling our attacks would have gone straight out the window and been replaced with 'it was only a matter of time as Liverpool kept pressing'. I'll agree the others were only half chances but on another day one of Riise, Alonso's or Gerrard's shots would've been unstoppable and on target - they do it quite a bit so it wouldn't be chance.

>>but I do wonder what the intent of the freekick was

I think he said they've practised this and he scored a similar goal in your derby
just not off his arm

Last edited by redconn; 24-05-2007 at 13:22.
redconn is offline   Reply With Quote